[SFS_Aerondor] 01-15 Save the Renkrodas (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

init:

[dice=Rocket]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Dr Creed Morvius]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Uli]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Sho]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Bubbles]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=trouble]1d20+9[/dice]

Esowatch Explorers:

ESOWATH EXPLORERS (2) LEVEL 4
Huge land vehicle (10 ft. wide, 20 ft. long, 6 ft. high)
Speed 20 ft., full 400 ft., 45 mph
EAC 14; KAC 18; Cover partial cover
HP 50 (25); Hardness 5
Attack (Collision) 6d6 (DC 11)
Attack (Turret) merciful aphelion artillery laser (3d8 F
nonlethal, ammo 40, usage 4)
Modifiers +0 Piloting, –2 attack (–4 at full speed)
Systems autopilot (Piloting +10), planetary comm unit;
Passengers 4

Chronicles


51 to 100 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles is happy to head to the enclosure, telling the others when he gets there, "The band leader surely knows something, but is stressed by the drones and the renkroda..." The brethedan floats in place to eye the frightening dinosaur. "Understandably..."

After the task is handed out, Bubbles nods. "Sounds good, happy to help! Should we gather our armor and armaments? Or is this more of a...subtle investigation?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"Time is of the essence... if there is a genuine problem that is. I'd like you over there. NOW."

So, taking your queue from the vesk, off you head. The area is only a few minutes walk away. However when you get there you find trouble.

Two humanoid bodies lay on the path: a large male human and a male lashunta. The energy field flickers as a nearby emitter at the base of the field sparks. Dappled scorch marks on the surrounding trees indicates a recent firefight.

Put yourselves on the map, starting at the bottom centre.

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Before heading to who what kinds of problems Rocket stops by the security post to pick up his belongings.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius hears the alert on his comm, excuses himself politely from his conversation with Poshment, then grabs his gear from security.

He'll report directly to the area of trouble.

placing myself on the map

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Rad is pretty specific about not calling past the security post first, as time is of the essence.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Though I am loathe to head toward possible injuries without my medkit, I will do so. The good doctor will skip security for now.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

"They mentioned the big guy, any idea who the... Lashunta is? Either way, we should check out that field. Whether it's broken on purpose or just got shot, we'll need to get that back in shape before a bunch of wild Renkrodas try to save themselves!"


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

With Radaszam
Sho looks at his white jacket and takes it off, laying it carefully on a table. He takes the healing serum from the jacket and slips it into his pants pocket.

In the woods

Seeing the bodies, Sho clicks on the comm, "Radaszam, Carthas is down, and a lashunta is too. Give us a second to get more information."

"Uli Mawborn" wrote:
"They mentioned the big guy, any idea who the... Lashunta is? Either way, we should check out that field. Whether it's broken on purpose or just got shot, we'll need to get that back in shape before a bunch of wild Renkrodas try to save themselves!"

" I can't help with the force field, but before we try that, let me sneak over to the bodies to check them. There may be other hostile people around."

If the party agrees, Sho wills his yellow mote of light into his hand. Then he moves through the brush toward the bodies as quietly as he can.

Reaching the bodies, he checks the lashunta, then the human for life.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Medicine, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Medicine, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles sees the bodies and frowns, skin turning a darker shade of blue. "I don't think that is very good...Let's check them out." Bubbles follows behind Sho and checks out the bodies.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Medicine, Trained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Medicine, Trained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

When Sho tries to report in, she realises that there is some type of interference. She can't get a signal or a connection to report.

Sho and Bubbles float forward. The human corpse wears the uniform of the Esowath Conservancy seucurit forces.

medicine DC10:
Killed by laser fire

DC15:
Several earlier shots are to his back.. he was ambushed.

The lashunta corpse appears to be partially devoured.

Then Bubbles and Sho hear the sound of buzzing as a swarm descends on them. Bubbles, floating above the ground is unaffected, but Sho is covered in bites and feels venom enter his system.

rolls:

Rocket: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Dr Creed Morvius: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Uli: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Sho: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Bubbles: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
trouble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
swarm damage Sho: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Status, bold may post
Rocket
Dr Creed
Uli
Sho 5 damage; Fort DC 14 vs poison
Bubbles

Swarm


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Life Science, The lashunta was devoured by something big, or the swarm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
life science, what's eating me: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

I'm going to need those for attack rolls. Oh well.

Attune photon.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Luck is holding.

Sho twists and turns and stumbles trying to get away from the swarm, a blazing sword erupts from his hand.

Had previously grabbed the mote. I might still have an attack. I await your ruling on the question spoilered below.

Rules question, my first solarian fight:

Solar Manifestation (Solar Weapon) Altronus has a mote of yellow light that orbits him. He can grab this and turn it into a solar weapon with the same ease as drawing a weapon. It is considered a one-handed advanced melee weapon that deals 1d6 slashing damage.

Stellar Mode At the beginning of Altronus’s first round in a combat, he must choose one of three modes— graviton-attuned, photon-attuned, or unattuned. If graviton- or photon-attuned, he gains 1 attunement point for the appropriate mode. Each round, he either maintains that mode (gaining another point of attunement, to a maximum of 3), or becomes unattuned (losing all attunement points, and he can then enter a new mode on the following turn). If Altronus has 1 or 2 points in a mode, he is attuned to that mode. If he has 3 points in a mode, he is fully attuned to that mode. Some of his abilities function only when he is attuned or fully attuned to the graviton or photon mode.

Plasma Sheath As a move action, Altronus can cause all his solar weapon damage to become fire damage (though attacks still target KAC) for 1 round. If he is attuned or fully attuned to photon mode, he also increases the damage dealt by 2, and the effect lasts as long as he maintains stellar attunement.

Attuning seems to be a free action. Solar manifestation is as easy "as drawing a weapon", and weapons can be drawn as part of a mmove action. Here's the tricky bit -- activating plasma sheath is a move action.

So can I manifest the weapon and activate plasma sheath in one grand move action and still attack.

And to cap it all, the damage on my sheet for the solar weapon doesn't look right. I will double check it at home.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Sho is pretty sure it was the swarm of nasty bitey things that were eating the lashunta. Even devoured some of his armor, poor sod.

The swarm is a load of Compsikania. Sho recalls hearing one of the medics complaining about them, but that they had a trial antidote issued to security staff because the critters were so common. He also recalls hearing that the medics were thinking of arranging some sonic upgrades for the guards, as the compsikania swarms were vulnerable to them.

As you specifically manifested your mote into your hand to begin with, I'll assume you had it in weapon mode then as you were expecting trouble. Normally though you would be separate move actions to draw and sheathe.


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Sho rocks back and draws the flaming brand through the swarm.

Solar Weapon v KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 damage, ?, (str+weap spec), plasma sheath: 1d6 + 1d3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + (2) + 6 + 2 = 15

I double checked and that's the listed damage in the pregen pdf. I can't find a justification for the 1d3. With plasma sheath, damage is fire damage.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius moves quickly toward his teammates and the victims.

Double move.

If possible, he'll assess the victims medically.

I may need to wait a turn to do that--it's fine if I do.

medicine check with expertise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (5) = 22

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Calling his beloved gun back into his arms as he races after the others Rocket grins.

----------------

As he notices the party is under siege by a swarm of bitey thingies Rocket activates his jetpack and flies up above the trees to get a better view.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Is it okay if Uli also followed along with the other investigators assuming he's on the way to the forcefield? If he had gotten a move action-worth towards things before the Compies swarmed us...

Uli bounds forwards in a series of oddly athletic twists and jumps, cannoning into the tiny predators.

Trick Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Sword Cane: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Piercing (Momentum, Trick Attack): 1d4 + 1 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 + (8) = 16

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Sho swings his fiery mote through the swarm, but while several of the critters are fried, it makes no noticeable impact on the swarm as a whole.

Swarm defences in SF are just as annoying as in PF

Dr Morvius moves up, both victims are definitely dead. Rocket, obviously spooked by the dead bodies heads upward. Uli joins the melee, but his swordcane is no more effective than Sho's flames.

Dr Morvius:

The security guard wears casual stationwear, carries a nyfiber net, a tactical arc emitter with 20 charges, two screamer grenades II, and two doses of compsikania anti-venom

swarm damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status, bold may post
Rocket
Dr Creed
Uli
Sho 9 damage; And another DC 15 fort save
Bubbles

Swarm


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

"Check the guard! They were issued poison antiodotes and sonic screens."

Sho steps away from the swarm while waving his brand through them.

Solar Weapon v KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 damage, ?, (str+weap spec), plasma sheath: 1d6 + 1d3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (2) + 6 + 2 = 14 Flame damage

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 And there goes the luck.

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Rocket loads his under barrel grenade launcher as he aims at the swarm

"Get clear so I can blast the little buggers!"

Delaying for now since there's no way I can fire a grenade and not blast a party member. I can try to get them in a smoke grenade, which would mean that as long as they keep failing fort saves they can't do anything and possibly start taking damage..but unless everyone has environmental protection activated I'd still recommend to not be in the blast radius


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Got no environmental protection to activate, but at this point, I'd eat the grenade to kill the swarm. Not sure how the others feel.

#At least the swarm isn't eating my armor.

Forgot to say continuing to attune photon. I don't think it will matter much, the pregen doesn't have the nova option.

I hate swarms.

I am talking way too much.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

"Good eyes Shohiraj!"

Uli bounds away from the swarm with a twisting mid-air somersault and bounces back to his feat near the bodies, snatching a grenade from their belt.

Taking a standard action to move to avoid provoking (if applicable), then move to pick up an item.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

It's been 24h, so NPCing Bubbles
Bubbles floats upward, away from the immediate blast effect of a grenade..

Sho meanwhile starts to come out in blotches.

Status, bold may post
Rocket

Swarm
Dr Creed
Uli
Sho 13 damage; cha(weakened) -2 in CHA based ability&skill checks; DCs of abiltiies decreases by 2; And another DC 15 fort save
Bubbles


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Another fort save? You're killing me, Aerondor. :-)

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Yeap, gota keep making them until you succeed, although technically that is next round. On the plus side, that stops the poison advancing.

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Stressed, Bubbles backs away from the mess. He floats up in the air slightly, pulling a grenade from his pocket. "Uh...might want to back up! This is not going to feel good!"

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

"Ka-BOOM!"

Rocket aims his big gun at a corner of the swarm away from his party members taking careful aim for maximum effect as he fires an MK1 Screamer Grenade

To hit AC 5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Sonic damage if hit: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 and a DC 17 reflex save or be deaf for 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes..but I doubt that will have any effect

Using a full round action to fire once to gain the benefit of Heavy Fire from the Bombard soldier fighting style to add my str mod to damage

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"BANG

The swarm seems heavily affected by the loud grenade.

area vs swarm, +50%, sonic vulnerability plus another 50%

The swarm however continues in persuit of Sho.
swarm damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
And another fort save. I also forgot, you need a save vs distraction as well, but that is not too important if you don't have an AOO effect weapon.

Status, bold may post
Rocket
Dr Creed
Uli
Sho 19 damage; cha(weakened) -2 in CHA based ability&skill checks; DCs of abilities decreases by 2; And another DC 14 fort save vs poison and DC 15 fort save vs distraction (nauseated)
Bubbles

Swarm

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli scowls, as he clutches his newfound grenade, "Doc, Bubs. One of you get just a little farther away or your grandkids' ears are gonna ring from this!"

Delaying


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Sho gives up any attempt at defense. "If it chases me, don't follow. "

5' guarded step diagonally northeast if possible. If not then straight north. Followed by regular move to position shown.

Save v poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Save v distraction: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Sho's blotches continue to grow in size and severity.
Sho is now Impaired

Status, bold may post
Rocket
Dr Creed
Uli
Bubbles

Swarm
Sho 19 damage; cha(impaired) -4 in CHA based ability&skill checks; DCs of abilities decreases by 4; And another DC 14 fort save vs poison (next round)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius zips over to the guards body and grabs the two doses of antidote, intending to administer them to Sho next round.

"See if you can see that swarm off, and I'll see what I can do for Sho!"

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

"Thanks Doc, that's far enough!"

Uli lobs the bulky grenade up and over the swarm leaving his companions in relative safety.

vs. AC 5: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22
Sonic Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1DC 17 Reflex for 1/2

"Huh. Musta lost its charge. Hope this one's better!"

Standard Throw
Move Retrieve the other one

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Halfed, effectively doubled. 1

Status, bold may post
Rocket
Bubbles

Swarm 9 damage
Sho 19 damage; cha(impaired) -4 in CHA based ability&skill checks; DCs of abilities decreases by 4; And another DC 14 fort save vs poison (next round)
Dr Creed
Uli

And my reflex from the first grenade
ref: 1d20 ⇒ 18

And on the plus side, those were not attack rolls!

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Just to check if I got this correct; Uli has now picked up both grenades that were on the corpse? And both were MK II screamer grenades of which he threw one? Those deal 2d10 damage and not 1d10 btw

Flying closer Rocket releases one hand on his gun and spits out a grenade before pressing down the button on top of it to arm it and tossing it at the swarm careful to not blast any party members.

"That's it for me, I'm out..unless we try the smoke grenade"

To hit AC 5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
F damage if hit: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Reflex save DC 16 for half damage and to avoid being on fire -> Fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Move to move, swift to retrieve a Incendiary Grenade MKI from a cheek pouch, standard to attack

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The corpse also had a tactical arc emitter... which is an AOE weapon...

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Oops! Thought they were Mk 1! So DC was 19 (not that it mattered) and damage was...
Sonic: 1d10 ⇒ 6 higher

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles shrieks as the grenades go off near him. "Too close, too close!" The barathu lobs a grenade and floats even higher in the air. 30 feet up in the air now!

Grenade!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kaboom!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 DC 14 Reflex for half.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

ref# DC16: 1d20 ⇒ 17
ref# DC14: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The swarm continues its good luck, avoiding the worst of the blasts. With their initel prey vanished, they swarm over Dr Creed.

damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 And two fort save DC14 vs poison and DC15 vs distraction

Status, bold may post
Rocket
Bubbles
Sho 19 damage; cha(impaired) -4 in CHA based ability&skill checks; DCs of abilities decreases by 4; And another DC 14 fort save vs poison (next round)
Dr Creed 6 damage; fort DC 14 vs poison; fort DC 15 vs distraction;
Uli

Swarm 22 damage

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius waves his hands fruitlessly to try to bat the stinging insects away. Grabbing the two antidotes, he hurries away and injects himself with one of the antidotes.

I sure hope this helps! And I hope I can trust this antidote--I don't normally inject myself until I'm sure about the source of the medicine!

fort save vs. poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
fort save vs. distraction: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

GM, would you add any additional bonus I get from the antidote? And Sho, sorry I'm headed the wrong way--I didn't want to take an AOO from the swarm.


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

The kasatha waits to see what will happen.

Morvius, I wouldn't want to take an AoO from it either. Sorry I dumped it on you. I figured it would finish the appetizer before starting the soup.

Aerondor, just double checking -- Do I need a fort save this round? And are the trees difficult terrain? And if so are they considered desert hills or mountains? Yeah I know I'm grasping at straws.

I'm going to delay until after the others go. Maybe one of them can put us out of its misery.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Swarms don't get AOOs as such, at least in my understanding, same as they don't make attack rolls, they just move into your space en-mass. So you don't need to worry about that aspect.
@Dr Morvius Failing against the distraction is more problematic. You can't move out of the swarm, but you only get a single move action for your turn.
@Sho Yes! My editing is poor. You do need a fort vs the poison this round. The trees will be difficult. If you need more than "trees" then I guess "jungle" would be the most appropriate terrain type.

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

"What's that over there? It looks like a..."

Rocket flies closer to the corpse with the tactical arc emitter to pick it up dropping his current gun confidant that he can just summon to his hands when he needs it again.

"This will do, this will do nicely"

Move to move, then standard to pick up the gun, free to drop my current blaster


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Shohiraj wishes he hadn't left his grenades in the hotel room.

Guys, I think my only play is to walk into the swarm and nova. I'd like to wait until we've tried other options though.

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles swoops in above the swarm and drops another grenade. "[i]Watch out below!" I think I can do that without hitting any PC's.

Grenade!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Kaboom!: 1d6 ⇒ 1 [ooc]DC 14 Reflex for half.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli tosses the last of his newly acquired grenades into the swarm and then backs off to safety.

Grenade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Sonic: 2d10 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 DC 19 for 1/2... Also totaling 11 on 4d10. Sheesh.


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

The doctor can't move out of the swarm?

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The doctor can move out of the swarm, but not also take the anti venom at the same time. Essentially while distracted he has a single move action as the rest of the time he is batting off the small creatures.

Sho manages to resist the toxins in his system, while Bubbles and Uli toss more grenades.

ref DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 15
ref DC19: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The swarm, disorganised by the series of attacks moves into the woods to try and get away from you.

Essentially combat over, unless you want to follow it.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius will now inject himself with the antidote if he is able.

"Gah! That stings!"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

He certainly can. He can also inject Sho with it. The anti venom works a treat, and within seconds Sho's skin starts to clear up./

Back to healthy

You now have some time to examine the bodies.

The dead lashunta carries a survival knife and an azimuth laser pistol with a drained battery; his second skin armor was destroyed by the feasting compsikanias. The security guard wears casual stationwear, carries a nyfiber net, and a tactical arc emitter with 20 charges.

What to do now?

Status:
Rocket
Bubbles
Sho 19 damage;
Dr Creed 6 damage;
Uli

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Once he sees that the antidote seems to be working swimmingly, he'll attend to Sho.

"This seems to be just the thing. I wonder if we can get anymore of it?

51 to 100 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 01-15 Save the Renkrodas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.