[SFS_Aerondor] 01-15 Save the Renkrodas (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

init:

[dice=Rocket]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Dr Creed Morvius]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Uli]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Sho]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Bubbles]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=trouble]1d20+9[/dice]

Esowatch Explorers:

ESOWATH EXPLORERS (2) LEVEL 4
Huge land vehicle (10 ft. wide, 20 ft. long, 6 ft. high)
Speed 20 ft., full 400 ft., 45 mph
EAC 14; KAC 18; Cover partial cover
HP 50 (25); Hardness 5
Attack (Collision) 6d6 (DC 11)
Attack (Turret) merciful aphelion artillery laser (3d8 F
nonlethal, ammo 40, usage 4)
Modifiers +0 Piloting, –2 attack (–4 at full speed)
Systems autopilot (Piloting +10), planetary comm unit;
Passengers 4

Chronicles


1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

For decades, the feathered renkrodas of Castrovel have teetered on the brink of extinction. Sympathies have grown for species' plight, and thanks to contributions from Radaszam of the Acquisitives faction, a gala and pledge drive is scheduled in one of Castrovel's wilderness preserves. When the PCs attend the gala as Radaszam's escort, they quickly learn that a group of extremists have dangerous plans of their own to end to the renkrodas' plight. When these extremists launch a daring attack, it's up to the PCs to save the gala, save the attendees, and—most of all—save the renkrodas!

Content in Save the Renkrodas also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Acquisitives faction.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Waiting in the briefing room lobby area sits a young, yet rugged looking human in stylish clothing and an impeccably clean white lab coat. A backpack, a suit of old freebooter armor, and holstered arc pistol sit near him on the floor.

Enthusiastically, perhaps even naively, he exclaims "I hear this might be a chance to finally practice some real frontier medicine! Greetings, I'm Dr. Creed Morvius!"

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli Mawborn saunters in a little after the meeting time, stretching his oddly proportioned limbs with a series of pops. He's a ball of compacted muscle, shaped like a somehow more squashed dwarf, but with hairless skin the color of a banana that hasn't quite gone bad yet. He's dressed in a helmet that doesn't do nearly enough to obscure his face and some sort of skin-tight gear designed to cut down wind-resistance, which cycles between a series of colors that don't so much clash as declare all out war.

"I don't remember hearing much about Radaszam before my, uh, vacation. Anyone done a job with this merc before?"


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

"He's only one of the top Pathfinder brass, and to my mind, the most fore-sighted. Everything he does has a good reason behind it."

A male kasatha steps into the room, a small yellow globe of light orbiting his veiled face. An old fashioned lead slinging pistol hangs at his right hip from a belt festooned with small pouches. He's wearing some kind of tight stiff leather suit.

"I'm Shohiraj. Nice to meet you both. "

Defrex hide armor

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

A Grey furred Ysoki with a large blaster strapped on his back rubs the inside of his right ear as he ponders something as he looks up at Shohiraj.

"We're going to a gala?,that's where they serve those mini food things on platters with tiny stick stuck through them ain't it?"

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli's eyes widen as Rocket enters. "Rocket?! That you?!" Uli hustles over to clap a meaty paw on Rocket's shoulder. "Ha hah! How you been?" Turning to the other agents, he explained. "This guy got me out of quite a jam back in the Scoured Stars, him and that android, uh, Lucky Sevens. Never would've made it back to the Society without him."


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

"Yes, fine food and drink, and none of it for hard working Starfinder agents. I imagine we'll be stuck outside vetting invitations."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The morning sea air whips past as Radaszam leans over the edge of the yacht’s top deck to stare into the water. “I hope you’re enjoying Castrovel. We should land on Ukulam soon, several miles south of main headquarters of the Esowath Conservancy on the continent. I wanted to thank you all personally for attending the gala with me."

Charity events like this are important to preserving the beauty of the galaxy. ‘Save the Renkrodas’ has really caught on. Enormous carnosaurs like renkrodas tend to feature in gruesome tales, but they are majestic and inspiring animals. Unfortunately, some renkroda subspecies are quite near to extinction. The Esowath Conservancy usually hosts one or two of these upscale fundraisers every orbit to draw attention to endangered wildlife; I try to attend when I can.” The vesk pauses uncomfortably.

Oh, I know; I’m usually all ‘guns and glory’ or ‘safety and security.’ Look, what’s the point of fighting if you’re not fighting for something? Glory and honor grant influence; influence can change the galaxy. Wealth gives you the comforts you’ve worked hard for, but it also allows you to help others who haven’t had the best luck. I try to funnel a generous portion of my income to charities like the Esowath Conservancy, which is trying to keep the natural beauty of their planet intact.

Radaszam clears his throat. “So, your mission is simple: mingle, dance, enjoy the food, and talk up the Starfinder Society. We’re one of the sponsoring partners for this event, so it’s a chance to make a good impression on some of the socialites and corporate elites who attend these functions. See if you can make some new connections for the Society, perhaps even a few new allies."

Oh, and the Conservancy pays well for security, so the only concern you need to worry about are corporate sharks, lawyers, and any aggressive wildlife we see on the safari tour this afternoon. I’ve negotiated special passes for you. You’re permitted to carry any gear you’d like, but I recommend checking your bulky pieces with a valet: heavy weapons, power armor, that sort of thing."

This event will be broadcast live across Castrovel and then rebroadcast to other Pact Worlds, so be on your best behavior. Just relax and enjoy the gala. That said, when does everything ever go as planned?

Let me know any purchases you would like to have made. Such as formal wear. Aside from that, ask questions, interact with Rad, and... read the briefing (handouts on the slides) :-)

Also, please add your posting icon to the slide desk.

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

"50,000 credits per plate, this should be quite the event! And a safari! That sounds fun!" A bubbling blue barathu floats up from the back of the group. Tentacles waving slowly, the barathu stops and introduces himself. "Hello, everyone! I'm Eweek Beeshee, but my friends just call me Bubbles! It's because I'm a little friendly! Ha![/i]" His voice is in your mind, light and full of mirth. He rotates in the air towards Radazam. "I normally wear thick armor, keeps my juicy insides where they belong. Why do you suggest we leave that at the valet?"

After being replied too, Bubbles bobs up and down. "This safari... Is it around Renkrodas? Are they... well fed?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

"Yes sir, you can count on me to represent the Society properly. I'm right at home at events like this--my father was a big part of high society back on Absalom. In fact, I wonder if I'll seen anyone I know?" Dr. Morvius eyes a garment bag hanging near him. "And that is my new formal wear, freshly delivered!"

I'll go ahead and spend that 5 credits on formal attire.

"Radaszam, if I may ask, is there anyone in particular we should look out for--either a security risk, or perhaps someone who might have some interest in donating money or resources to the Society?"

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

"I'm sorry, aggressive wildlife on the safari? How far are we expecting to go out in the bush with a bunch of socialites?"

5 credits for Formal Wear here too :-)

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"The conservatory looks after the wildlife, so I'm sure they are well fed." agrees Radasz.

He looks the Barathu up and down. "This is a high social occasion. I'm not sure that the guests are really expecting an armoured Barathu among them.."

He offers a much brighter smile to Dr Morvius. "Just mingle. Chat up folk and make connections. The guest list is confidential, so I don’t know who will be there. I expect that there could be some influential or wealthy patrons, due to the gala’s entry fee, and everyone there will be interested in the plight of the feathered renkroda. Don’t insult anyone or get into a fight; you should do fine"

To the Ferran he nods "Yes, we’ll have one of the rangers take us out to see some of the wildlife firsthand, but this isn’t a hunting expedition. We’re just there to observe.

culture(RK) or Diplomacy (GI)DC10:

The Esowath Conservancy has been spearheading efforts to keep the continent of Ukulam free from the influences of technology and politics.
DC 15:

They’ve been struggling financially for several years, but their latest campaign, “Save the Renkrodas,” has sparked renewed interest in Castrovel’s wildlife across the Pact Worlds.
DC 20:

Due to the Esowath Conservancy’s financial and political struggles, the success or failure of this gala will likely dictate the future of conservancy efforts on Ukulam. Some corporate interests would like to shut down conservation efforts to harvest resources, while extremist ecological groups don’t think the Conservancy goes far enough.

Your insight grants a +2 circumstance bonus to skill checks to impress gala attendees


Life science (Recall Knowledge) DC10:

Renkrodas are bipedal reptiles with a pair of smaller forelimbs, long necks, elongated snouts, and long tails. They’re hypercarnivores who can chase down prey with deadly speed.
DC15:

Most renkroda species are highly territorial, using terrifying calls to maintain boundaries and scare off scavengers. Many visitors to Castrovel have heard their recognizable roars echoing from the Castrovelian wilds.
DC20:

Feathered renkrodas are larger than their far more common cousins, the whiskered renkrodas. Feathered renkrodas get their names from the multicolored feathers that cover their bodies, forming patterns unique to each renkroda. They use the feathers to help regulate body temperature and puff them out to scare off competing predators or strike their prey with paralyzing fear.
DC25:

Though typically solitary creatures, feathered renkrodas choose mates every few years. Mated renkrodas protect their nest for a few months, then abandon each other and leave their young to fend for themselves.
Your in-depth knowledge of feathered renkrodas grant a +4 circumstance bonus to Survival checks to interact with Renkrodas - check with the GM

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Life science? Right up Dr. Morvius' alley!

Life Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius shares the bit of knowledge he recalls regarding renkrodas.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Y'know if all I wanted was to learn about big, deadly, pretty reptiles I could've just read the Esowath Conservancy’s pamphlets.

"This might be an interesting party after all though. This whole Save the Renkrodas initiative is really the only thing that saved the Conservancy from dwindling away into nothingness. If it goes badly they could end up collapsing into unimportance, which the corps they trifle with, as well as the eco-freaks who don't think they go far enough, would probably cheer."

"So uh, keep an eye out for anyone who thinks the exhibit goes too far, or not too far enough."

And we get a +2 bonus to impress gala attendees


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 If this counts as xenobiology the DCs are 5 lower. Please let me know if I get that last spoiler.

The kasatha Shohiraj shows up on deck in a white jacket over basic black shirt and slacks. His sidearm is nowhere to be seen, but the yellow light still circles his head.

"Thank you for this opportunity, Radaszam. I'm sure we'll all do out best."

More generally in conversation with the others, Sho asks about life forms on their planets. He responds to the doctor and Uli enthusiastically.

"These are fascinating creatures. I hope we get to see both varieties, the whiskered and the feathered."

Sho passes along all the info in the DC 20 spoiler to anyone who asks.

"It's sad that an organization doing good work like this might have enemies on both sides."

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles shrugs and smiles. "I suppose that's true! Though, in my experience, Pact Worlds citizens rarely expect a barathu at all!" His tinkling laughter brushes your mind. He orders a custom suit of formal wear that will accept his odd and formable frame. "This will be such an exciting event! So many new faces to meet!"

Upon leaving the yacht, Bubbles changes into his formal wear. Something like a multi-tiered tutu, the rainbow colors assault the eyes. Bubbles spins in a circle, tentacles flailing. "Isn't it wonderful? If there are any fine young barathu at this party, they will definitely want to merge with me!"

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

I'll buy the formal wear for 5 credits

"....so, you're telling me we're going to a party at a place with hypercarnivores who can chase down prey with deadly speed?"

"..what can possibly go wrong there...."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Probably not xeno biology. These are reasonably well understood life forms.

Those of you with formalwear and non obvious armor (second skin for example, or some of the other subtle light armors) and without heavy weapons will also get another +2 bonus when you try to impress anyone at the gala

The ship docks at a natural harbor near a secluded beach crisscrossed by flower-lined paths. Faintly shimmering energy fields surround the entire area in an enormous half-dome, while tents and other temporary structures provide a pleasantlooking provisional settlement. The gala
site is in a clearing with a large animal pen and an even larger stage.

"Split up, enjoy your selves and try to smooze some folk" suggests Radaszam.

"Heavy weapons and such can be left at the security station."

Okay, there is a map up to give you an idea of the site layout.
You can each pick one area to investigate at this stage.

A1 is the security station; A2 the bar; A3 the stage; A4 the Renkroda pen; A5 the banquet table;

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli's transparent, transparent force-field based armor, sidearm and sword cane allow him to be debonair and deadly all in one, or would if we was debonair to begin with...

Unable to shake the sense that things could easily go wrong, he makes an early stop at the Security Station.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Clearweave is perfect.

Uli heads off to the security station.

A small kiosk with portable barriers acts as security control for the gala. Security guards wearing Esowath Conservancy uniforms check invitations of arriving guests and monitor several small vidscreens.

Status - at the gala
Uli - security station


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

"Anyone want to see the beasties?" The kasatha invites his teammates, but hardly waits for a reply in hs eagerness to see the big predators.

A4, the pen for me.

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles floats on over to the banquet table. "After all, that is where all the food is! And the people! Duh! Who else would eat the food?" The barathu spins in excitement.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The Pen
Interlocked panels of polycarbon plate comprise this large square pen, which is crested with an elaborate ivy trellis. Small grates in the polycarbon panels allow a view inside. An information kiosk stands nearby.

Several gala attendees mill about hte pen, jumping when the massive creatures tail slams against the wall. The most distinctive person is a kasantha who wears the uniform of the security company.

The feast!"
An elaborate ice sculpture of a feathered renkroda stands over a table covered with hors d’oeuvres, including formian-style barbecued mountain eel, aparian caviar, bacon-wrapped caypin stalks, and roasted ksarik poutine.

Servers come and go from this area, replenishing the food and clearing away items from the high, round tables nearby. Several corporate executives and dignitaries mingle around the banquet table.

Status - at the gala
Uli - Security station
Shojiraj - The pen
Bubbles - The feast

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Dr. Morvius dons his formal clothing, begrudgingly leaving his armor and backpack at the security station. "There's medical equipment in there I hope we won't need, but just in case, please keep it handy. You see, I'm a doctor. . . ."

He'll hide his arc pistol under his formal tunic in a shoulder holster(James Bond style!). He'll also hold onto his comm unit, a couple of medpatches, and a serum of healing. Finally, he'll hide his survival knife in his waistband under his tunic.

He'll saunter over to the bar area and order a Castrovellian Sunrise, shaken not stirred. . . .and keep in touch with his teammates via comms.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Dr Morvius quickly finds the bar, like many doctors he seems to have a built in radar for them.

A polished wooden bar featuring a vast selection of top-shelf beverages hovers slightly off the ground behind a few low bushes.

An android bartender finishes off pouring a drink with a rainbow coloured bio-luminescent fish. The drink emits some black vapours as he hands it to a gnome, who is wearing a black leather jacket covered in prismatic nanocarbon studs.

Status - at the gala
Uli - Security station
Shojiraj - The pen
Bubbles - The feast
Dr Morvius - the Bar

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Hugging his gun and stroking it before handing it over at the security station Rocket whispers

"..we'll be again together soon.."

He then also hands over his tactical pike
pistols are ok to carry ?

before glancing around the area to see what there is to do. Noticing his companions split up to cover more ground he heads for the stage tugging at the collar of his formal wear he's wearing over his second skin armor.

Not sure how long handing over weapons will take and where I'm located..starting at security, then heading towards the stage so we got all 5 locations covered

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Pistols are okay if you keep them concealed. The Society has permission for you to carry at the event, but you are supposed to be discrete. You can drop stuff off at security on your way to another place, but not do any additional interactions there.

Rocket heads off to the stage.

This modular stage sits 5 feet above ground level, with stairs on both sides. Several transmitters are built into the edges of the stage. A broad dance floor spreads out in front of the stage.

A string quartet plays during the meet-and-greet. Currently they are performing a subtle Eoxian piece, while their stage manager hovers nearby. And when I say hovers, that is what I mean. He (it) is a barathu, hovering nearby with a datapad, nervously watching the performance.

Status - at the gala
Uli - Security station
Shojiraj - The pen
Bubbles - The feast
Dr Morvius - the Bar
Rocket - The stage.

[Okay, you all have people you can interact with, and/or other hints of stuff you might be able to do from the scene description text. Go for it.

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Rocket get's on the team speak line and contacts Bubbles

"Not sure if you've noticed already but over here at the stage there's a barathu hovering around. He/it? looks a bit nervous..and he's carrying a datapad. Do you want to contact ..urhm...it and make contact on behalf of the Society and show how well we're being at inclusivity? I'll take your place at the banquet, no problem"


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Sho takes a moment to center hinself, then makes his way over to his fellow kasatha.

"I'm Shohiraj with the Starfinders. It looks like your team has the party well covered...."

Mediate on Sidereal Influence, diplomacy

Diplomacy to draw him out, Sid,Inf.: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (4) = 23

How are he and his team equipped?

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli assesses how good a job the Security is doing, giving their setup a detailed examination.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

"What an interesting drink you have there! What do they call that?" Dr. Morvius finds a seat near the Gnome to nurse his Castrovellian Sunrise.

"I'm Dr. Creed Morvius. It seems they've chosen a beautiful day for this gala!"

Dr. Morvius continues to engage the Gnome in conversation, though he'll only bring up the Starfinders if he's sure it's secure to do so. He's secretly suspicious about somebody that would wear leather to an event like this, though perhaps it's faux leather.

Diplomacy, in case it would help. I'll include the +2 bonus since I'm dressed to impress.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles voice garbles through the coms. Not used to speaking aloud, his Common sounds like a man being doused in a waterfall. "HOW EXCELLENT! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" The barathu zips around, stopping only for a small bite of mountain eel.

Bubbles floats up to the stage, twirling a bit to show off his fancy dresswear as it glitters in the stage lights. He reaches out to the stage manager in their native tongue, Brethedan. "Hello, wind-brother! How nice to see a similar face in such a jungle! You also, are far from home!" Noticing the nervousness, Bubbles pushes. "You seem nervous, is this a big break for your group? Or is that a byproduct of the gravity of this world?" He chuckles a bit, trying to calm the brethedan down.

Diplomacy, Fancy Dress: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Rocket heads over to the banquet licking his lips as he moves.

After glancing up at the ice sculpture Rocket starts to pile up on the bacon-wrapped caypin stalks and roasted ksarik poutine leaving the caviar where it is.

Rocket then mentions to the nearest person next to him who's also sampling the food

"They sure put out a nice spread didn't they?"


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Forgot my +2 for lacking armor in the roll above. What I'm really hoping for from them is how worried they are, and what they see as the biggest threat.

After exchanging pleasantries with the security kasatha, Sho wanders to the pen to take advantage of a viewing port. He politely waits for one to become available, and makes small talk with the people nearby. Renkrodas are the obvious topic and if he finds someone more knowledgeable than he, Sho listens attentively.

Diplomacy, general small talk: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 8 + (2) = 18

Not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself, so I'll pause here.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The pen
The kasatha nods politely to Sho. "Yes. I make sure they have the equipment they need. I'm Muldoi, leader of the security detail here."

She casts another glance at the caged creature. "This is Vossi... she was hurt, but is well enough to be back in the wild. If it wasn't for the party she would be there now."

Another massive thwack at the gate causes another onlooker to retreat to a safer distance, but Muldoi seems unconcerned.

As for equipment, they have typical side arms and discrete armour. As you would expect, no one is dressed for a riot.

Sho: engineering or perception DC20:

The ivy trellis is a hologram projected over an electrified wire coil. The fence is a polycarbon construct and looks very, very solid.

Security
Uli thinks the security looks reasonably competent, but not up to withstanding a full assault from a vesk boarding crew.

The security looks a bit bored, staring at monitors.
Diplomacy or prof(mercenary) check if you want to chat with them.

The bar
The gnome offers a tipsy bow from his seat to Creed. "Hi, I'm Poshment. And this.." he says pointing to the sinister looking concoction "..is a bryrvath claw! Awesome right?"

He looks up at the sky, nods and agrees about the weather "Yeap, bit warm maybe but.." he points at the stage "I'm on later after that string group finishes up. What brings you to this society swaray?

The feast
Rocket, sensing food, abandons the string group and heads to the important areas. The folk there are all corporate types. A regal looking haan wearing a fine suit nods to Rocket. "The food is good. And good day to you. I am Ipsoth. How do you feel about the Conservacy?"

The stage
Bubbles floats over to the stage.
You know what, as a fellow barathu I'll give you a bonus on this one.

"Greetings of the air waves to you too." calls back the stage manager. "This is the Bretheda celestial orchestra.. it is a big break for us. But so many distractions..."

He glances worriedly around. "Those drones... the whirring distorts out music." Indeed there are a lot of security drones around, keeping an eye on proceedings.

Status - at the gala
Uli - Security station
Dr Morvius - the Bar
Shojiraj - The pen
Bubbles - The stage.
Rocket - The feast ;


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

No engineering, but I can always take a stab at perception
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1

"Vossi. I will remember her. Thank you for talking with me. I hope the evening does not become too interesting for you. "

Despite the thwacks, Shohiraj hurries forward to the wall of the pen; curiousity makes him rather oblivious to the power of those impacts. He slips up to a viewport vacated by an alarmed onlooker and stares inside.

While he tries to spot the inmate, he signals the others over the comms.

"I just met the head of security, Muldoi. She seems competent and relaxed. She's the uniformed kasatha by the pen. The renkroda in the pen is Vossi," he adds, somewhat unecessarily.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

"Pleased to meet you, Poshment. You might say I'm a guest here, complements of the Starfinder Society. I'm excited that we have such an interesting array of entertainment in store for us today. Have you seen the Renkroda yet?" Dr. Morvius motions toward the pen, and takes a sip of his drink.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Muldoi directs you also to the nearby signboard which has more infomration about Vossi and the renkroads in general.

Just in case you failed your earlier life sciences checks, you can read the boxes in the earlier post

The kiosk also notes that this renkroda is named Vossi, and that he’s been captive for about a month while recovering from a broken leg that could have been a life-threatening injury in the wild. Vossi is almost completely recovered, and the Esowath Conservancy intends to release him back into the wild tomorrow.

No way that could go wrong.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli tries to schmooze with the guards, but quickly his too obvious interest becomes grating...

Diplomacy (Clothes bonus, Knowledge Bonus): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

"Hello Ipsoth. Nice to meet you"

Glancing around him Rocket conspiratorially mentions to Ipsoth

"To be honest I personally have my doubts about trying to preserve something that big and dangerous, but at least it's a good thing that they are being monitored now"
as he winks at Ipsoth

before speaking up a bit louder

"I have to admit they do good work here"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Guard station
The guards give Uli a cold shoulder. "Move along now, there are other guests that need to be checked."

The feast
Ipsoth nods quietly to himself. "They should be left alone in the wild. Un-bothered by modern technology."

Rocket: Sense motive DC 20:

You realise that realize Ipsoth finds the proceedings distasteful in some way.

Status - at the gala
Uli - Security station - pretty much nothing more you can do for the moment.
Dr Morvius - the Bar
Shojiraj - The pen
Bubbles - The stage.
Rocket - The feast ;


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Sho thanks Muldoi and also reads the info-plaque.

Then he's back on the comms. "If you get a chance you should come to the pen to look at Vossi. We have nothing like it on Idara. Simply fascinating, magnificent. There's a lot of good information on the feathered renkroda here too that you should read. Did you know that they mate only every few years and then part ways after the young hatch?..."

Sorry. New life forms are a big deal for him. I'll keep checking the thread in case anyone just wants to chat over the weekend.

GM Aerondor:
Does reading the last plaque get me the +4? Seems a cheap way to get the bonus, but I'm not proud. (Or survival trained.)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Human Envoy/3 (Biotechnician) - SP 18/18 - HP 22/22 - RP 4/4 - INIT +1 - Perception +6 - EAC 13 - KAC 14 - FORT +1 REF +4 WILL +3

Anything new from Poshment, or has he clammed up?

The Manifold Host

Bubbles Beeshee Male CG Barathu Dream Prophet Mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 |EAC 16 KAC 19| Spells: 1st 3/3 | Speed: Fly; 20ft | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +9 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +12
BOT ME:
[dice=Telekinetic Projectile@]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=DMG@KAC]1d6[/dice]

Bubbles gets on the coms, his voice a bit difficult to understand. "Hello! Is anybody having success with the security? If you could convince them to shut those security drones down, or perhaps have them retreat to a less intrusive distance, that would help me get in with the band." There is a pause as Bubbles tries to justify himself, other than looking out for another Brethedan. "I mean, who knows what they've overheard during the event set-up this morning!"

Bubbles turns his attention back to the manager. "Those drones, they are quite obnoxious aren't they! If they were to keep their distance, would that help?" After a few more complements to the orchestra, Bubbles inquires, "Tell me, hear any good gossip about this party? I know these land lubbers are always creating drama! If only they could merge, like us."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Shojiraj:
I think not in this case, just the general background

@Morvius, sorry missed you post
At the bar

"I say, yes! What lovely feathers it is, so bright and cheerful. I almost think it might have some gnome in it!" laughs the musician. "I'm sure you must have had some wonderful adventures being a Starfinder.. checked out any live music recently?"

The stage

"If only the drones were the only problem. Just look at that beast! worries the manager. Nearby there is another crash as Vossi's tail slams into the fence.

"I do wonder how safe it is... "

Ulurio seems far too preoccupied with its worries to have caught up on any gossip.

Wayfinders

Male Ferran Death-Touched Daredevil (Operative 3) | SP 21/21, HP 22/22 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3 | Init +7 | Perc +8 | Sense Motive +2 | RP 6/6

Uli gives a sloppy salute to the guards and heads over to look at the big monster this whole thing's about.

Exo-Guardians

SP 40/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 EAC 16 ; KAC 17 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +5 Init+9 Perc: +1

Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 (I think I also get a +2 for interacting with guests because of a skill check we made at the start and another +2 for not carrying visible weapons+wearing formal gear?)

Rocket senses there's something in Iposth attitude, but can't quite put his finger on it but isn't going to let that stop him from stuffing some more bacon wrapped food in both his mouth and his cheek pouches - for later.


Kasatha Scholar Solarian 4 // Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +7 ; Sense Motive +1 // SP 32/32 HP 29/32 RP 2/3 EAC 16; KAC 16 Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; Defensive Abilities -- Dark Matter //

Eventually etiquette and duty require Shohiraj to relinquish his spot at the viewing port.

He smiles at the new viewers and offers "This is a magnificient creature. You can see her to the right, but if you also look to the left, you'll see where the end of her tail trails through the underbrush."

Diplomacy to make nice, sid inf, no armor: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (3) + 2 = 25

Then he's back on the comms, "How's everyone doing?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

At the pen
Muldoi is distracted, talking on her earpiece when Sho relinquishes the viewing spot.

"Not so well" is the reply over the intercom, this time from Radaszam.

"Everyone meet over at the enclosure."

In a couple of minutes the vesk appears. He nods towards Muldoi, the kasatha head of security. “Muldoi tells me we might have a situation. One of the guards on the eastern perimeter has failed to report; we’ve lost wireless contact with everything in that section.[b]”

Muldoi adds, “[b]The guard is a big human man named Carthas. He’s sharp but not tech-savvy; if wildlife got at a transponder, that might explain why he hasn’t reported in. It could be nothing, but I want to be sure.

Radaszam says, “I’ve offered your services to Muldoi: investigate, then report back here to us.

1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 01-15 Save the Renkrodas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.