GM Tyranius Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible (Tier 1-5) (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Maps


201 to 234 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Yup, you just missed it by 1. This can be a tough fight between high AC and hardness.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Stormwalker Ranger/1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18* T: 15* FF: 15 *+1 vs. Medium or larger | CMB: +2 CMD: 16 | Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Init: +4 Perc: +7 (+2 vs. Humans)

Statues... my one* weakness!

Dark Archive

Hafling Oracle (Desna) /1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Init: +5 Perc: +7

Lakimaki looks on in frustration. There isn't much that he can do but he thinks that maybe he'll get a lucky shot. He loads his crossbow and fires again.

crossbow@statue,into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Elf Sorcerer 1/Vigilante 1 | HP 5/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Protoplasm 6/6 | Active conditions: None. | Spells: 1st 0/4 feather fall, true strike 0th at will detect magic, detect poison, mage hand, ray of frost

Madcap swings again at the statue.

Longsword, Flanking, Arcane Strike: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24, 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21, Extra Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Next round, should I entangle it again, or should we just try and take it down?

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 23 (19 Fl) | F: +7, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none| Martial Flexibility: none

Brady continues to punch, swing after swing, but his thoughts increasingly bend towards the growing pain in his abused fists.

Actions:

Full round: full attack

Unarmed Strike, brawler's flurry, flanking: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 11
Damage, B: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Unarmed Strike, brawler's flurry, flanking: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 26
Damage, B: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

@GM, is Pummeling Style helping Brady's attacks at all, or is it no good because we're fighting hardness instead of DR?
@Madcap, I think the entangle condition is helping. Anything that helps us hit more is going to get more damage through as well.

Dark Archive

@Brady- It isn't doing much since Pummeling style affects DR and this is hardness.

Lakimaki's bolt misses and while Brady's fists connects it seems to do no further damage. Brady seems to be holding back on a bit of his power as the stone bruises and bloodies his knuckles. Hardness so no damage made it through.

Thystes blade scratches across the surface while Madcap's longsword crushes right through another hand and into the statue's neck. A massive crack rumbles through the stone as it looks very near to toppling over.

Round 4
Brady
Thyste
Madcap (10/13)
------------------------------------
Statue (-20; entangled; glued to floor ends on round 5)
------------------------------------
Lakimaki
Jaimie (8/9)
Grundy

Dark Archive

Grundy Great-Axe, Flank; Guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

With one final swing Grundy's axeblade bursts the statue apart as it falls into large heaps of stone on the ground at your feet.

Player Status:

Brady
Thyste
Madcap (10/13)
Lakimaki
Jaimie (8/9)
Grundy

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Stormwalker Ranger/1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18* T: 15* FF: 15 *+1 vs. Medium or larger | CMB: +2 CMD: 16 | Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Init: +4 Perc: +7 (+2 vs. Humans)

The foxlimng raises her shield to protect her face from falling statue bits; when she lowers it, her face is split in a grin. ”Happy to haff strong ones with hus, for hwen precision doess not help,” she says.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bloodrager (Gorum) /2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 11 FF: 17 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 Ref: +1 Will: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: +5

"So where should we go next?"

Dark Archive

Hafling Oracle (Desna) /1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Init: +5 Perc: +7

"Through that door. But first, can someone check for traps? This guy seems paranoid enough that he might be extra cautious."

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 23 (19 Fl) | F: +7, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none| Martial Flexibility: none

"I'm not sure what I'll do if I find anything, but I'll take a look." Brady approaches the door and checks to see if it's safe to open.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Stormwalker Ranger/1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18* T: 15* FF: 15 *+1 vs. Medium or larger | CMB: +2 CMD: 16 | Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Init: +4 Perc: +7 (+2 vs. Humans)

Thyste gives it a look-over as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Elf Sorcerer 1/Vigilante 1 | HP 5/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Protoplasm 6/6 | Active conditions: None. | Spells: 1st 0/4 feather fall, true strike 0th at will detect magic, detect poison, mage hand, ray of frost

With Thyste's roll, I doubt we need it, but I can try to aid.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Madcap goes and tries to help, but mostly stays out of the way.

The Concordance

Non-binary Human(?)
Pronouns and other notes:
'They', 'Them', 'Their'. Has raven feet and raven feathers for hair as Wildling markings for the ? next to human
Statblock:
Druid 1|HP 9/9|AC:16/T:12/FF:14|F:+3/R: +2/W: +5|CMB:+0|CMD: 12/10 FF|BAB: +0|Init: +2|Dip:+6|H.An.:+6|Heal:+7|K: Geo: +5|K: Nat: +7|Per. +9/11*|S.M.:+3|Spcft:+5|Srv: +6|PFS# 145296-33
Consumables/Specials::
Speak w/ Ravens (at will), Storm Burst 1d6 NL 5/6 Day, L1 Spells Memorized: Faerie Fire, Keen Senses, Obscuring Mist;:L0 Orisons: Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink

Perception (On this room to not miss anything important): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Jaimie moves to a spot to provide support for the rest of the party, whether it be via Guidance or blasting opponents with the power of Nature!

Feel free to push me along as needed, heading to work, let's get this done folks!

Dark Archive

Brady leads the way as Thyste inspects the door for traps. Finding none Brady swings it open.

This room is nicely decorated and comfortably furnished, unlike the rest of the complex. Cushioned chairs create a comfortable sitting area, and a large tapestry depicting a battle of dozens of dervishes in a bright yellow sandy desert adds color to the room. The air is scented with cinnamon and trophy heads and animal skins decorate the floor and remaining walls.

Standing at rear of the room is a Vudran man, his fingers bedecked in gaudy rings, a tiger at his side. He points the fake scepter at the party as they enter. "Do not come any closer or I will not hesitate to use this!"

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Stormwalker Ranger/1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18* T: 15* FF: 15 *+1 vs. Medium or larger | CMB: +2 CMD: 16 | Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Init: +4 Perc: +7 (+2 vs. Humans)

Thyste leans toward Jaimie. ”Doess he mean the thiger or the sstick?”

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Elf Sorcerer 1/Vigilante 1 | HP 5/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Protoplasm 6/6 | Active conditions: None. | Spells: 1st 0/4 feather fall, true strike 0th at will detect magic, detect poison, mage hand, ray of frost

Madcap just stares at Zamir and the scepter for a second. He seems unsure of what to do, but also not at all concerned about the threat Zamir just issued.

Soo... what's the plan? I know the Venture-Captain said that we should try and get him on our side, but on the other hand, he captured a bunch of people and used them as slaves, so it would be really fun to fight him.

Dark Archive

Hafling Oracle (Desna) /1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Init: +5 Perc: +7

Lakimaki steps to the front of the group. "Hold, sir. I think you are mistaken about our intentions. Of course, it is easy to be mistaken. You are hiding underground in a back room, isolated from the rest of the world. And here we come, a group of who knows what... Are we here to rob from you? Are we here to harm you? Or even kill you? Yes, those are the same questions that would be running through my mind as well."

Lakimaki puts his hands behind his back and starts to pace back and forth in front of the group.

"But rest assured. None of those are our intentions. No. Not at all. Instead, we have come to discourse and conversate with you. Unfortunately some of your guards were not quite so willing to let us in. But now that we're here, let's just talk."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

I guess we can try the Diplomatic route first.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 23 (19 Fl) | F: +7, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none| Martial Flexibility: none

"If you'll put that down for a moment, we really just want to talk." Brady says simply, holding his hands in front of him, palms forward, in a gesture of peace and parlay.

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

There's little chance that the rough, calloused palms of the half-orc present an unthreatening stance, however.

Dice rolls aside, I'd like to at least try for the negotiation.

The Concordance

Non-binary Human(?)
Pronouns and other notes:
'They', 'Them', 'Their'. Has raven feet and raven feathers for hair as Wildling markings for the ? next to human
Statblock:
Druid 1|HP 9/9|AC:16/T:12/FF:14|F:+3/R: +2/W: +5|CMB:+0|CMD: 12/10 FF|BAB: +0|Init: +2|Dip:+6|H.An.:+6|Heal:+7|K: Geo: +5|K: Nat: +7|Per. +9/11*|S.M.:+3|Spcft:+5|Srv: +6|PFS# 145296-33
Consumables/Specials::
Speak w/ Ravens (at will), Storm Burst 1d6 NL 5/6 Day, L1 Spells Memorized: Faerie Fire, Keen Senses, Obscuring Mist;:L0 Orisons: Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink

"If we want-ed to kill you would be dead now. We want to talk, please." Jaimie offers with some consideration. Have to in-clude let-ting the pris-on-ers free as one of our re-quests.

Diplomacy(Aid or whatnot as clever): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Elf Sorcerer 1/Vigilante 1 | HP 5/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Protoplasm 6/6 | Active conditions: None. | Spells: 1st 0/4 feather fall, true strike 0th at will detect magic, detect poison, mage hand, ray of frost

Works for me.

"Please, hear us out."

Diplomacy to aid (somebody): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Dark Archive

Zamir lowers the sceptor, slightly. "I'm listening. What is it you want?" he asks very curiously.

Dark Archive

Bump.

Dark Archive

Everyone still there?

Dark Archive

Hafling Oracle (Desna) /1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Init: +5 Perc: +7

"Well, I'm glad you are willing to talk." Lakimaki approaches a few steps closer to Zamir. "We know that you work for the Aspis. To be honest, I find them to be a vile organization. I expect that the only reason you work for them is out of expediency. You see them as a way to get what you want." Lakimaki pauses for a breath.

"But, you see. I don't think that the Aspis are actually giving you what you want. For example, how do you think we found you? Did the Aspis protect you? I think not. Instead, I have a counter proposal. Have you considered the Pathfinder Society?"

GM, any checks yet?

Dark Archive

Need more Diplomacy checks.

Dark Archive

Hafling Oracle (Desna) /1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 18 T: 14 FF: 15 | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Init: +5 Perc: +7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Elf Sorcerer 1/Vigilante 1 | HP 5/13 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +0, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Protoplasm 6/6 | Active conditions: None. | Spells: 1st 0/4 feather fall, true strike 0th at will detect magic, detect poison, mage hand, ray of frost

"Plus, the Aspis Consortium seems like the kind of organization that would turn on you when it's convenient, right? In the Pathfinder Society, we stay loyal to our agents."

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The Concordance

Non-binary Human(?)
Pronouns and other notes:
'They', 'Them', 'Their'. Has raven feet and raven feathers for hair as Wildling markings for the ? next to human
Statblock:
Druid 1|HP 9/9|AC:16/T:12/FF:14|F:+3/R: +2/W: +5|CMB:+0|CMD: 12/10 FF|BAB: +0|Init: +2|Dip:+6|H.An.:+6|Heal:+7|K: Geo: +5|K: Nat: +7|Per. +9/11*|S.M.:+3|Spcft:+5|Srv: +6|PFS# 145296-33
Consumables/Specials::
Speak w/ Ravens (at will), Storm Burst 1d6 NL 5/6 Day, L1 Spells Memorized: Faerie Fire, Keen Senses, Obscuring Mist;:L0 Orisons: Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink

Diplomacy (Aid or main, whatever is clever): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"You want to be fam-ous with the peo-ple of Jal-mer-ay. The Soc-i-et-y can make this hap-pen if you feel that you have been pay-ing too much for get-ting too lit-tle in ret-urn. If not, then it will be bad for ev-er-y-one." Jaimie offers, recalling a little bit about the mission briefing before venturing forth.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 23 (19 Fl) | F: +7, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none| Martial Flexibility: none

"The Society has been a great aid to me; it can be to you as well. And you to it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Brady's strength in battle is apparently equally balanced by his weakness with words.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Stormwalker Ranger/1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18* T: 15* FF: 15 *+1 vs. Medium or larger | CMB: +2 CMD: 16 | Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Init: +4 Perc: +7 (+2 vs. Humans)

Thyste nods.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Oh no, now I have to think of how Thyste can be possibly successfully charming!

"To mhy understanding, usually at this point we would be harresting you, hor ending you if hyou resisted. But thhe Pathfinder Society hass seen hyour talents and hwishes to invite you to join. We hwould hate to haff to fight hwen we could be friends," she urges.

Dark Archive

"Famous you say? Hard to be famous when you are dead." He ponders a moment. "Me? Join the Pathfinder Society?" The man says, somewhat somewhat incredulously.

After a moment Zamir seems to come to a decision Zamir lowers the scepter. "Friends, may I call you friends? I would be honored to join the Pathfinders. It would give the chance to make a name for myself! The society would do well to have one such as me among the ranks! Where do I sign up?"

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Stormwalker Ranger/1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 18* T: 15* FF: 15 *+1 vs. Medium or larger | CMB: +2 CMD: 16 | Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Init: +4 Perc: +7 (+2 vs. Humans)

Thyste grins wide and nods. "Hof course," she says, "hyou may come back hwith us." Her ears twitch, and she considers:
"I do not belief the Pathfinder Society allows for slavery, howefer. If hyou would not mind...?"

Dark Archive

Zamir smiles and shakes Thyste's hand. "A moment." He says as he moves over to desk, picking up a small box filled with components and a small bag of gold. He hands them to Thyste. "A token of my intent to join the Society. The wizards in the other room can assemble the parts into an item of magic. The Society will value it."

The party escorts Zamir out of the old fort and back to Venture-Captain Mihir, where his is taken in to be debriefed. The Venture-Captain expresses her gratitude for handling the matter in a quick and efficient manner as she hands you a unique coin in appreciation. You hear later that Zamir becomes an agent of the Society in northern Jalmeray, helping Venture-Captain Mihir manage operations in Padiskar.

Thus concludes #33 Assault of the Kingdom Impossible. Hope you had fun, I'll work on finishing up the chronicles this evening.

201 to 234 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible (Tier 1-5) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.