GM Numbat SFS 1-22 The Protectorate Petition (Inactive)

Game Master numbat1

SFS 1-22 The Protectorate Petition


1 to 50 of 296 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

You receive a request from Venture-Captain Arvin to meet at the Lorespire Complex on Absalom Station. The transmission specifies the date and time of the meeting with a gentle suggestion to gather first at the nearby tea shop to meet your teammates so that you may all arrive together.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

A tall, lean half-orc saunters into the cafe. He's wearing a mish-mash of armor that looks roughly similar to a biker gang's outfit, but with armor plates reinforcing key points throughout. His head is shaved, revealing a series of metallic nodes along the center of his head, from brow to neck like a mohawk, with small flashing diodes within the nodes. His head and neck, as well as his hands, are tatooed with glistening circuitry designs in copper, bronze, and platinum colors.

He sits down at a recently-abandoned table, grabs a half-eaten biscuit and a glass of tea, and begins digging in to the discarded meal, glancing around for those who might be his new companions.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

A stocky winterborn rhyphorian drudges into the room. Everything about his body language, from his drooping posture to his hanging head, suggests he’s a tired, grumpy individual. He slumps down into a chair and lets out a heavy sigh.

Exo-Guardians

M Vesk 3 | Guardian | Solarion
Tag:
LG Vesk M Solarion 3 | SP 24 HP 27 RP 3 | EAC 18, KAC18 | Fort +4*; Ref +3*; Will +3* | Init +2, Perc +4

Arching over the rest of the crowd, you see an olive skinned vesk who approaches the group. He looks very lean and sternly observes the group of starfinders in front of him. He reaches behind him to adjust the large tactical pike adorned with memorabilia on his back.

"Is this crew which I have been assigned to? Good. This will do. You're not like the toughs from Vesk V, but stay behind me, follow my lead - and I promise you - victory shall be ours on this day! I am Captain Rahdokama of the 74th V-battalion. I have been sent as an ambassador from the empire to work with the Starfinders on their path to restoring this great solar system to it's prime."

He looks around the room at the rest of the team, nods. "Hmph! You there - grumpy rhyphorian, how do you do?" His petty attempt of making conversation.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn nods to the vesk. "Hey there, Cap'n. Flenn Cybertooth at y'r service." He smiles, revealing teeth that have been removed, replaced with metallic implants with lights dancing along them.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

The rhyphorian sinks deeper into his chair, replying with the timbre of a deflating balloon. "Just trying to remember that meeting new people and exploring the universe brought me joy once. It's some small comfort to know this system is past it's prime too. Makes all those months trapped in the Scoured Stars seem a bit better spent. Like a big, mandatory, blood-sport filled vacation."

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn snaps his fingers, pointing at Rahdokama. "Hold on, there, mate. I recognize you! You was on that Live Exploration Extreme! show with m' buddy, loudmouth ysoki by the name Gab, weren't you? Yeah, that was good holovid, that was."

He turns his attention to the rhyphorian. "Bad luck that, mate, but you're a regular ray o' sunshine, ain't ya? What's your name?"

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

A female android arrives wearing very functional looking body armour and webbing whilst carting too many weapons - including a squad machine gun with a sticker that reads 'Happiness is belt-fed'. She also wears a '72 hour' backpack with neatly arrayed pouches clearly containing various tools, extra link ammunition, grenades, and a clearly labelled medical pouch.

She checks the safety on her weapon and just regards the room with her artificial eyes. She is clearly an android, and due to the simpleness of the design, probably an earlier model. "Shelldrake" she smiles, though not entirely convincingly. Clearly requires a firmware update.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

F Dwarf Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP18/18 | EAC/KAC: 15/18 | F/R/W: +4/+0/+6 l init +0 I Per +8
Botting Info:
Attack with ranged/melee: Called Singing disk for +3 (1d4+2So) Cannot full attack at ranged. See character sheet for skills.

A stocky Female Dwarf walks up. ”Oh! Korvin? It’s good to see you. Haven’t had a chance to say hi since we were stuck in the scoured stars! I hope you are feeling better. I must say if that situation there wasn’t so dreadful, we could have found some great archaeological sites there. Shame the site is. . . untenable .”

She turns to the others. ”I’m Rudura Storyscriber. Xenoarchaeologist. I specialize in ancient cybernetic and mystic implants, but also dabble in magic. I hope we are going on a dig.”

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

The rhyphorian's ears perk up at the dwarf's introduction. "I'll be a dragon's egg, is that you Rudura? You're a sight for perpetually sore eyes. I appreciate how you always used my real name, remember how the rest of the squad started calling me 'Sunshine' when I realized almost all our hopes of escape were lost? Looks like I was wrong, but the sadness never really left. In any case, it'll be nice working with another proper xenoarchaeologist again, especially one who was also trapped behind enemy lines for that sorry spell."

Wayfinders

Android Priest Mystic (xenodruid) 2| SP 14/14 HP 16/16 RP 2/3| EAC 13 KAC 15| F +1 R +2 W +5| Init +2| Percep +7| Lvl 1: 2/3, Cantrip: at will

"Salutations, beings." The android looks more like a gardener than a Starfinder as he casually strolls into the briefing late. He finds a seat and behaves as if nothing is amiss.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

Once the last team member joins the party in the tea shop, a hover bot appears, almost like there was a signal given, and transmits a message...

Now that you have all met, please come immediately to conference room 365.

Responding immediately, the team begins to depart, at the door a colourful gnome meets them with two insulated cups, "Please take these with you, I am sure they will be appreciated." The cups are marked VCA and MT9.

Arriving at the designated meeting room they find Venture-Captain Arvin sitting near the head of a large table that glows with images depicting an unfamiliar planet and its tiny moon, all surrounded by data readouts. He speaks with an android who wears a blue military uniform with gold accents. Bright red conduits trace across her bald head.

Arvin gestures to the remaining seats. “Join us, Starfinders. This is Major Tower-9 of the Stewards, and we have much to discuss.”

The android stands—she is nearly eight feet tall—and gives a stiff bow. “Hello,” she says in a deep voice. “The planet you see before you is Tabrid Minor, a Near Space world whose primary sentient inhabitants recently made contact with a Pact Worlds survey vessel. They call themselves copaxis. Having just developed Drift technology, they are only now learning about the galaxy and its many inhabitants and threats. Copaxi leaders have petitioned for protectorate status. It is up to the Stewards to decide if Tabrid Minor is an acceptable candidate. As the supervisor for Tabrid Minor’s petition process, I have asked your venture-captain to organize an independent review of the planet and its people.”

The android sits, and Arvin waves his hand across the table. The display zooms in on one of the planet’s largest continents.

“The copaxis are a terrestrial species numbering two billion, and their petition claims they have a unified government and a peaceful history. Massive floating cities drift over the planet’s largest continent, but they are apparently abandoned. The Major and I have determined that an independent review of one of these sites would provide the Stewards with valuable information for their final decision. Your destination is a city called Tabantria. It is your job to do what Starfinders do best: explore this area, cooperate with the copaxi research team, handle any dangers along the way, and report back to us. Any questions?”

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn hands Arvin his insulated cup.

"What kind of research team are we helping with? Also, do these copaxi blokes speak Common? Oh, and what kind of environment is this going to be? I gonna get desert sand in m' armor nethers?"

Wayfinders

Android Priest Mystic (xenodruid) 2| SP 14/14 HP 16/16 RP 2/3| EAC 13 KAC 15| F +1 R +2 W +5| Init +2| Percep +7| Lvl 1: 2/3, Cantrip: at will

"What sort of beings are the copaxis? Also, do the copaxis have any taboos concerning the floating cities? Can we expect resistance to our explorations?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

F Dwarf Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP18/18 | EAC/KAC: 15/18 | F/R/W: +4/+0/+6 l init +0 I Per +8
Botting Info:
Attack with ranged/melee: Called Singing disk for +3 (1d4+2So) Cannot full attack at ranged. See character sheet for skills.

”I agree. Major Tower-9. . . Why send us to these floating cities to look into the eligibility of these. . . Copaxi was it? Why send us to this area in particular?” Rudura asks.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

Venture-Captain Arvin takes the cup with a small nod and a quiet "Thank you." He takes a sip, emits a sigh, "Aaah, Castrovellian Contemplation, my favourite."

The major gives a pointed look at the other cup, "Is that by any chance for me?" she enquires.

In response to the questions, the two leaders provide the following information.

Quote:
What kind of research team are we helping with?

“The copaxis are also conducting archaeological research in the abandoned cities. Apparently, they have only recently developed the technology to safely reach these cities, which float miles above the planet’s surface. Their researchers seem eager to learn from your example, and we hope that you can form a good working relationship with them.”

Quote:
Also, do these copaxi blokes speak Common

“So far, they have been worthy diplomats and shown great interest in Pact Worlds’ cultures and technology. Some of their representatives have even learned our common language and used it to write their petition. You should have no trouble communicating with their research team and any delegates they send.”

Quote:
Oh, and what kind of environment is this going to be? I gonna get desert sand in m' armor nethers?"

Both glare at Flenn somewhat at the second question and then Arvin responds, “Half the planet is covered by oceans. Its atmosphere is fairly standard, but we have had some anomalous gravity readings. Be sure to run a scan of the planet with your ship’s computers when you arrive.”

Quote:
What sort of beings are the copaxis?

“We have had few official interactions with them, so we hope you can add to our understanding of their society and history. A copaxi is a colonial network of specialized creatures living within a flexible exoskeleton, and each colony behaves and speaks as a single creature."

Quote:
Do the copaxis have any taboos concerning the floating cities?

"None that we know of, we have little cultural information other than what was included in their petition. Be observant, your role includes discovering what they have not included that is relevant to our considerations."

Arvin adds, “The Stewards seek information about the copaxis themselves: their attitudes towards other species, their tendencies towards peace or war, and anything in their history that can help determine if they would be a good protectorate of the Pact Worlds.”

Quote:
Can we expect resistance to our explorations?

“The Stewards are interested in peaceful diplomacy, but that does not mean your team needs to put itself at risk. Handle any danger as best you can and use your discretion if the copaxis themselves are a threat. It seems unlikely, but the galaxy is filled with surprises.”


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01
Quote:
Why send us to these floating cities to look into the eligibility of these. . . Copaxi was it? Why send us to this area in particular?

"We believe this is a unique opportunity to interact with the current inhabitants while also take a look at evidence of their past. It appears we have more experience with this type of exploration than they do, additionally, this is an opportunity to strengthen ties and hopefully establish good relations regardless of the decision regarding Protectorate status."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

F Dwarf Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP18/18 | EAC/KAC: 15/18 | F/R/W: +4/+0/+6 l init +0 I Per +8
Botting Info:
Attack with ranged/melee: Called Singing disk for +3 (1d4+2So) Cannot full attack at ranged. See character sheet for skills.

”Wait. . . Did you say archaeological? So, this is an archeological mission? But then, what’s with all the diplomacy? Are we just giving you a report on their archaeology to help inform the decision?” Rudura’s eyes light up. ”Venture-Captain, were you burying the lead? Are you finally sending me on an archaeological expedition that isn’t into a war zone?”
Those close to Rudura think they might have heard her squee.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

Arvin sighs slightly but also has a gentle smile for the dwarf as he responds, "You will be expected to make a full report on the Copaxis, their culture, politics, history, suitability as a potential Protectorate and possibly one day a member of the Pact Worlds. Do not become overly distracted by the archaeological aspects but do make good use of the opportunity provided. Diplomacy will indeed be important on this mission, as it is on most missions. No war zone, just a complex and thorough evaluation.

"Now, do you all thoroughly understand your mission? Making the decision to offer Protectorate status is not made lightly and the Stewards will be relying on your thorough assessment. I have confidence that you will be a credit both to the Starfinder Society and the Pact Worlds."

With that, Arvin nods at the Starfinder still holding the second cup and gently gestures them to hand it to the major.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android Priest Mystic (xenodruid) 2| SP 14/14 HP 16/16 RP 2/3| EAC 13 KAC 15| F +1 R +2 W +5| Init +2| Percep +7| Lvl 1: 2/3, Cantrip: at will
Quote:
“We have had few official interactions with them, so we hope you can add to our understanding of their society and history. A copaxi is a colonial network of specialized creatures living within a flexible exoskeleton, and each colony behaves and speaks as a single creature."

"Each entity is a collective? This is proving to be interesting already." True Silver may have also squeed (sp?).

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

”So get a complete breakdown of copaxi culture, politics, and history in, what, a week? Reminds me of grad school. At least these folks seem friendly.”

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

"Easy enough. Any idea of hostiles, or what lifeforms are running around? I did a few drops into Elytrio to old abandoned sites, robots and killer mushrooms"

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn, just now realizing that he is holding both cups, hands the other one to the Major. "Don't know why they gave these both to me ..."

He nods to True Silver. "Yeah, they do sound bloody weird, at that."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

Sorry, this failed to send earlier while I was driving from San Jose to Seattle. The signal must have faltered at the wrong time.

Major Tower-9 accepts the cup, takes a grateful sip and releases and exhales, "Ah, Akiton Red, they remembered' she adds with a smile.

Venture-Captain Arvin reassures the group of Starfinders before him, "You will do fine, you have all the skills you required, you just need to remember to apply them at the correct time.

"Now off with you. Your ship awaits at docking bay 304. Collect your gear and head there soonest. No rush but don't dawdle either."

The team has clearly been dismissed.

You may now slot boons in the discussion thread and make any purchases before departure.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Posted in Discussion, ready to go!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

F Dwarf Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP18/18 | EAC/KAC: 15/18 | F/R/W: +4/+0/+6 l init +0 I Per +8
Botting Info:
Attack with ranged/melee: Called Singing disk for +3 (1d4+2So) Cannot full attack at ranged. See character sheet for skills.

Rudura will purchase a 55 credit datapad. On the way to the Copaxi Homeworld’s, She will also insist on giving everyone a crash course on xenoarchaeology including ‘photograph everything before picking it up,’ ‘only pick stuff up with gloves on,’ ‘be careful when picking stuff up,’ and ‘record and date EVERYTHING.’


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

As they depart the Lorespire complex each member of the team receives a personal transmission and data burst.

"You actually want Docking Bay 22. I am surprised none of you questioned that! Here is your briefing summary."

Slide 3 shows Handout 1

Exo-Guardians

M Vesk 3 | Guardian | Solarion
Tag:
LG Vesk M Solarion 3 | SP 24 HP 27 RP 3 | EAC 18, KAC18 | Fort +4*; Ref +3*; Will +3* | Init +2, Perc +4

Rahdokhama listens and nods carefully along with the conversation. Anyone paying attention, notices that his mind trails off slightly, as he nods off to sleep. Unlike him to do this, he wakes up and excuses himself. "Hmmmph! Oh, my sincerest apologies. I was actually entering my minds eye to remember what I know about the Copaxi..." He grimaces, "Which isn't much to be honest. We of the Vesk Empirium didn't have much to do with them. They left us a lone, we left them alone."

He stands tall and proud. "Mission objective understood - explore, report, cooperate. I will keep us safe if anything goes awry. I'm not sure if my military experience will come in handy, or not, but we shall see."

Hmmmm, I will attune my solarian Sidereal Influence to Diplomacy, so I get +1d6 each time I roll for it, for this session. Ready to go.

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

"I can fly and I can shoot" suggest Shelldrake as the ship comes into view.

Assume pilot in the absence of any passions

She listens in to Ruduras request "Understood. I learnt from the last few expeditions though that simply leaving the bulk of this to the experts is the wisest course of action whilst I maintain watch. If you need assistance with anything please indicate"

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

"Aye, and I'll keep the engines runnin' and the lights on." When they get in the ship, he heads straight to the engine room and rarely leaves over the course of the flight, except for meals.

Wayfinders

Android Priest Mystic (xenodruid) 2| SP 14/14 HP 16/16 RP 2/3| EAC 13 KAC 15| F +1 R +2 W +5| Init +2| Percep +7| Lvl 1: 2/3, Cantrip: at will

"I am great at being a passenger." True Silver has no starship skills. He can be a backup gunner.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

GM screen:

3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9

On making their way to the docking bay, the team find a Drift Travel capable ship ready and waiting. Under the watchful eye of station staff, they load their personal gear and follow all the correct procedures to safely depart on their mission.

Travel through the drift, on this occasion, is uneventful. The Starfinders use the 9 days of drift travel to work on both their team and individual skills in preparation for the mission. Feel free to add RP

There are a few rough spots when determining ship roles and they are grateful to avoid any instances that may require an efficient and optimized Starship crew. Engineering is manned around the clock by Flenn and Rudura. Rahdokama tries to instil some order by taking on the role of Captain. Shelldrake can often be found in the pilot's chair, checking they are making steady progress toward their destination.

Despite their lack of cohesion emerging from the Drift near Tabrid, intact and ready to start their mission.

Science station computers check to scan Tabrid:

DC 16
Spoiler:

You detect intense gravitational anomalies on the planet’s surface, especially under the planet’s oceans. These readings also show gravitational anomalies around several city-sized land masses floating a few miles above the planet’s surface. Additionally, you discern that the planet’s weather systems are atypical for a planet of this size and atmosphere, likely because the anomalies interfere with ocean currents, tides, and storm systems.

DC 21
Spoiler:
You can bring up a holographic image of a coral-like organism that seems to be the source of these anomalies, as well as an image showing where it is found on the planet. This organism appears mostly underwater, far from land, but traces of it appear here and there on the planet’s continents, and high concentrations exist in the floating landmasses.

Exo-Guardians

M Vesk 3 | Guardian | Solarion
Tag:
LG Vesk M Solarion 3 | SP 24 HP 27 RP 3 | EAC 18, KAC18 | Fort +4*; Ref +3*; Will +3* | Init +2, Perc +4

Radokhama spends his time on the deck, going over the mission brief and making sure their route is correct. He has been on many diplomatic and research missions before, but nevertheless, he seems very much out of his comfort zone. "I hope we do not encounter any resistance, while we are on our mission. I mean, why would we right? Anyway, lets chipper up and go over our mission plan one more time..."

"...everyone got it? Right. Right! Do we have a science officer around? Can someone please scan the planet to see what we're working with here?"

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 8 + (1) = 19 ...to aid the science officer

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

"Aye, cap'n" Flenn responds, sliding over to the computer console.

Computers, aid, assuming Tier 4 Pegasus +4 computers bonus: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 4 = 20

"Buggy interface on this thing ... We got some gravitational anomalies, especially under the ocean. Also around the floating cities, which I guess is kind of expected. And the weather's kind of weird, probably because the anomalies interfere with currents, tides, and storm systems."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01

If anyone else wants to try a computers check to learn more, they may.

Computers:

DC 21
Spoiler:

You can bring up a holographic image of a coral-like organism that seems to be the source of these anomalies, as well as an image showing where it is found on the planet. This organism appears mostly underwater, far from land, but traces of it appear here and there on the planet’s continents, and high concentrations exist in the floating landmasses.

Shortly after their arrival, the team receives a transmission from the planet’s surface. Four creatures appear on the starship’s video screen. The faces of these humanoids are featureless masks of smooth coral, distinguished by elegant antler-like growths. One of them has two antlers that form a swooping, symmetrical pattern before meeting nearly two feet above the creature’s head. The other creature’s antlers are shorter but no less elegant: one has three jagged antlers like lightning bolts, another has two antlers curled like ram horns, and the last has countless antlers that resemble spiked hair.

Life Science check:

DC 16
Spoiler:
You realise that these “masks” and “antlers” are part of the creature’s anatomy.

Only if you saw the holographic image - if someone succeeded at the higher computers check on planetary approach.

Spoiler:
You notice that the minute patterns on the masks and growths resemble those on the organism.


The four creatures stare at the screen for a few moments, muttering to one another, pointing excitedly, and coming in and out of view as they jostle for their comm unit. One of them urges, “Be quiet! Look! It is working! There they are!” The speaker— the one with tall, symmetrical antlers—enters the centre of the screen.
“Greetings, esteemed Starfinder Society representatives. I am Therseis, representative of the Yihil regional government, and these are the members of our research team. Thank you for accepting our transmission from our two-way planetary range personal communications device. I hope that your space journey was pleasant, and your Drift travel was of a minimal duration. Welcome to Tabrid Minor. We are using our computational device to share our latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates with your starship’s computational device. We have prepared a landing zone for you. We hope that it is large enough for your orbit-to-ground personnel shuttle.”

RP encouraged though I will post the next little bit as well to keep things moving.

The Starfinders easily navigate their shuttle to Tabantria using the copaxis’ coordinates. The city is not the largest or most central of the planet’s floating cities, but it is by far the most intact. Though its gravity is the most stable of the cities, landing presents a challenge and the surrounding gravity shifts when they are on their final approach.
Piloting check, please.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Flenn tilts his head at the screen, observing the curious physiology of the creatures, but doesn't interfere with the diplomatic exchange with these new beings.

While flying over the surface of the planet, Flenn continues to attempt scans to get additional information about the gravitational anomalies.

Specifically, can I figure out if they appear to be stable or shifting?

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

Shelldrake tries the computer console to see if she can glean more, one hand on the stick as she drifts the ship along.

Computers 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Yeah did anyone get the manual for this freighter?"

As the images flash on screen she starts checking her database for anything she knows about these mysterious creatures.

Life Sci 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Dunno what those are, but so far they seem nice enough - hopefully by preparing a landing zone for us they don't mean with surface to air missiles" she tries to joke, but it is a bit strained with her limited emotional range.

On the final approach, she begins picking out a good vector but is surprised by the gravitational shift.

Piloting 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Does the ship have a duonode or trinode?

"Geez, can't recommend this ship - I think they went cheap on this one"

Those rolls...

Exo-Guardians

M Vesk 3 | Guardian | Solarion
Tag:
LG Vesk M Solarion 3 | SP 24 HP 27 RP 3 | EAC 18, KAC18 | Fort +4*; Ref +3*; Will +3* | Init +2, Perc +4

Rahdokama welcomes the transmission with a smile. "Well met, Thersius. A strong game, I respect that. Hmph, what a warm welcome, it's like we never left home! Your planet is very interesting, we look forward to coming down. Our pilot, Shelldrake, will prep the shuttle. Wee you there!

He comments on Flens work. "That's good work, we will know what to expect. These ocean planets are always strange."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

F Dwarf Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP18/18 | EAC/KAC: 15/18 | F/R/W: +4/+0/+6 l init +0 I Per +8
Botting Info:
Attack with ranged/melee: Called Singing disk for +3 (1d4+2So) Cannot full attack at ranged. See character sheet for skills.

Rudura, down in the engine room, keeps things operating.

Wayfinders

Android Priest Mystic (xenodruid) 2| SP 14/14 HP 16/16 RP 2/3| EAC 13 KAC 15| F +1 R +2 W +5| Init +2| Percep +7| Lvl 1: 2/3, Cantrip: at will

True Silver spends much of the trip in his room or in the galley. He figures that he could at least provide the crew with something decent to eat.

Life Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
"They seem eager. That's a good thing."

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

"And so far non-hostile"

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn straps in. "Ride is a bit bumpy ..." He grumbles, "Let's see how non-hostile they are if we take out one of their floating cities with a crash landing ..."

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Life Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Sorry for the travel delay, more delays likely for the upcoming 2 weeks. All spoilers unlocked!

Sunshine stares at the computer screen as he scans the planet. "Lots of little critters causing these anomalies, and it looks like our petitioners are made of, or at least related to, those same critters. Looks like coral, but evidently much more potent."

He then buckles his seatbelt. "Wasn't keen to take chances on landing in a gravity-strange environment, but I guess life's full of little surprises. Let's go meet the locals."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post / PFS2 1-01
Quote:

While flying over the surface of the planet, Flenn continues to attempt scans to get additional information about the gravitational anomalies.

Specifically, can I figure out if they appear to be stable or shifting?

Flenn notes that while the gravitational anomalies fluctuate considerably they seem to emanate from the same geographic locations, if they are moving they are doing so slowly.

Rahdokama responds to Thersius, opening a dialogue. The Copaxis continue to chat volubly using the same ornate and overly technical manner of composing sentences.

Korvin takes advantage of the time spent conversing with their contact and while the ship approaches orbit he performs some more detailed scans and is able to bring up a holograph of the marine creatures for the rest of the crew to examine. He also turns his attention to the copaxis themselves and notes some similarities.

Despite the challenges posed by the gravitational fluctuations and their misgivings regarding the ship and shuttle, Shelldrake is able to smoothly land the shuttle on their first attempt.

The landing platform occupies most of a small field about 100 feet from the research base. Beyond the landing platform, the jagged edge of the floating landmass is completely open to the sky—the view of the smog-shrouded cities below is staggering. The encampment contains four small structures arrayed around a single larger structure, all temporary but fully enclosed. The copaxis wait outside this structure. Behind them, the dilapidated stone buildings of Tabantria stand in eerie silence.

None of the copaxis carry weapons or wear armor; they are dressed for a day of research and social interaction. They approach the Starfinders with their arms angled slightly out to the side, empty palms facing forward. When they approach within about 30 feet of the team, each of them spins in a slow circle. Then they wait. The formerly talkative copaxis are completely silent.

Sense Motive:

Flenn 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Korvin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rahdokama 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Rudura 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Shelldrake 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
True Silver 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Culture:

Flenn 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Rudura 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Shelldrake 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
True Silver 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Flenn & True Silver:

Applying your cultural knowledge and skills you recognize that the copaxis expect you to respond in the same fashion—arms out, palms forward, and a slow spin—before speaking or approaching.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

F Dwarf Mystic 2 SP 14/14 HP18/18 | EAC/KAC: 15/18 | F/R/W: +4/+0/+6 l init +0 I Per +8
Botting Info:
Attack with ranged/melee: Called Singing disk for +3 (1d4+2So) Cannot full attack at ranged. See character sheet for skills.

Not knowing what the proper countersign is in the copaxi culture As Rudura has terrible rolls she will simply stay a respective distance away and see if any of her companions know what to do. If they start doing something she’ll follow suit. She’ll look nervously at her companions.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn watches the copaxis for a bit, then mimics their movement, holding his arms out and moving slowly in a circular spin. Over your comms comes a text message, FOLLOW MY LEAD.

Wayfinders

| sp 32/32 | hp 32/32 | rp 45/5 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | fort +5 ref +4, will +6 | init +7 | Perc 1 (LL/DV)/ Android cyberborn Soldier(Bombard) 4

"Looks like showing we have no weapon in hand, like a strange salute?"

Shelldrake follows Flenn's example - arms out, circular spin, empty palms facing outward.

Wayfinders

Android Priest Mystic (xenodruid) 2| SP 14/14 HP 16/16 RP 2/3| EAC 13 KAC 15| F +1 R +2 W +5| Init +2| Percep +7| Lvl 1: 2/3, Cantrip: at will

True Silver does as the copaxis do.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Sunshine follows Flenn’s lead. Diplomacy via hokey pokey. Guess that really is what it’s all about.

Exo-Guardians

M Vesk 3 | Guardian | Solarion
Tag:
LG Vesk M Solarion 3 | SP 24 HP 27 RP 3 | EAC 18, KAC18 | Fort +4*; Ref +3*; Will +3* | Init +2, Perc +4

The large vesk watches his party, and nods as the message from Flenn comes through. He awkwardly does the actions and the spin, but he seems visually uncomfortable being so well armed compared to their hosts.

He waits their responnce.

1 to 50 of 296 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Numbat SFS 1-22 The Protectorate Petition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.