GM Silbeg's Shades of Ice series.

Game Master Silbeg

Tactical and Handouts


201 to 211 of 211 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

I guess that I did post it rather than just waiting. Good!

Chamius:
Chamius notices the insignia of Freyr Darkwine’s personal guard. Darkwine is the castellan of the city-state of Trollheim (which has no king), and is as such the de facto ruler.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard/3 HP 24/24 AC17/T 12/FF 15 Fort +3/Ref +5/ Will +3 Init +2 Perc +6|Sense Motive +10*

"They're wearing Castellan Darkwine's badge, so they're likely his personal guards. Let's talk first, hey?"

The Taldan raises his voice and calls out, "Evening! We're looking for a fellow named Hjort, and we were told that he'd be hereabouts. Have you seen him?"

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chamius approaches the guards. Behind the group of guards, the front door to the armory is made of a heavy, thick wood and is bound by iron. At several points across the door, visible cracks and splintered wood can be seen. The battered door stands slightly ajar, opening inward to darkness.

Chamius:

The guards appear to be hostile as they notice you. They are fingering their weapons, and appear ready to attack.
Chamius SM: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

The guards look at Chamius, and say, "Who are you, foreigner?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard/3 HP 24/24 AC17/T 12/FF 15 Fort +3/Ref +5/ Will +3 Init +2 Perc +6|Sense Motive +10*

"They're acting rather hostile. Best be ready, hey?" In a louder voice, the bard replies, "Name's Chamius Lune."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

"Ain't heard of you. And don't know about any Hjort/ growls the guard. "How do we know you ain't here to cause more ruckus than what's already goin' on?"

What was the Diplomacy for? By what you have said, I would assume you are asking for aid, but that would be very tough with their apparent attitude. Best to note that sort of thing when you make such a check. Remember, you can try to start by improving their attitudes.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard/3 HP 24/24 AC17/T 12/FF 15 Fort +3/Ref +5/ Will +3 Init +2 Perc +6|Sense Motive +10*

If it was that obvious that they were unfriendly, then Chamius would start out trying to improve their attitude before asking the question about Hjort.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male LG Suli Unchained Monk 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 17 T 17 FF 14 (w/ Mage Armor: 21/17/18) | CMB +9, CMD 26 | F +7, R +7 (evasion), W +5 (+2 vs stunning, fear, mind-affecting (stacks), +4 vs paralysis & sleep) | Init +2 | Perc +8 SM +2 | Speed 40' | Active Conditions:

"Ruckus? What sort of ruckus is already happening? I do hope this Hjort miscreant has not already started his nefarious plans! Oh, and what has happened to your door? It seems damaged, no?"

Diplomacy aid another, to improve their attitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

The guards seem to relax a bit, as the Pathfinders approach. "Who is this Hjort you keep mentioning? What plans?"

After replies, a roll to get them to do something would be in order.

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Hunter/4 |HP 30/30|AC 20, Touch 14, FF 17|Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3|Perception +11|Init +3

Hjort is a... miscreant, let's say, Sven offers, relaxing from his ready stance as the guards do, we heard him and his were planning on disguising themselves as Pathfinders and attack this armory in an attempt to blame them. Sven looks behind the guards and the ajar door, noting its scuffs and splinters, As my companions have asked, did something happen here? We might be able to help each other if you let us know.

Diplomacy, trying to get them to open up about what they know: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

The guard that the team has been talking to seems to calm down. "That sort of makes sense. I tell you what. We'll stay out here, and do our job and make sure no one else goes in. However, more guards are on their way, and if you aren't telling the truth, I am sure you'll be getting your comeuppance."

The guards let you pass into the building, seemingly relieved that they don't have to go in.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard/3 HP 24/24 AC17/T 12/FF 15 Fort +3/Ref +5/ Will +3 Init +2 Perc +6|Sense Motive +10*

"Nice job." Chamius follows the rest of the party into the armory.

201 to 211 of 211 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Shades of Ice series. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.