GM Lorenzo's PFS-Sanctioned Module: Gallows of Madness (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,558 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

Annea will use her magically-enhanced hair to deliver the healing blessings of her Goddess upon Bellisir!

"May the Goddess bless you, protect you and shine her healing light upon you!"

Healing Hex (CLW): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

With the way open technically I suppose I am delaying for Gervase, Boom Sticks makes a stab at Wormgnash with their hammer.

hammer vs Wormy, fatigue: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9cold iron damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Uh... sap feels... slow!"

Having expended so much energy fighting the lesser demons, Boom Sticks is too worn out to make the attack count.

Fatigued for 6 rounds :o

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

With blood slowly oozing from Quinn's wounds and the slight pallor in his skin from the negative energy Wormgnash was emitting, the young man mutters under his breath.

"We need to end this fast, I"ll try and flank him"

Please let this be a good idea

Acrobatics to move through Wormgnash's square to a flank position, then attack

Acrobatics (Move through an enemies square): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Assuming I made it through else I will stand at the door and attack if I survive the attack of opportunity for failing.

Right Claw attack (with flank?): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Right Claw damage (s/p/ci/m/ag): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

What, I missed....this might hurt

"Okay Gervase, take him down"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Annea brushes Bellisir's cheek with a wisp of her long hair, closing some of his wounds.

When Wormgnash reaches for his rapier, Gervase stabs him with her cold iron blade.

Despite his grievous injury, the vermlek hisses in gurgling voice, "You think that is enough to stop me? You have to—" He stops mid-sentence when the ranger thrusts her longsword deep in his guts. "Try harder... "

The second blow is devastating and fatal. His knees buckle, and he sprawls on the floor. Boom Sticks swings a cold iron hammer and Quinn slashes the prone and helpless vermlek with his claws to ensure Wormgnash never rises again.

Victory!

The Wounded
Bellisir (-17)
Gervase (-8)
Quinn (-23)
Boom Sticks (-6)

Map & Images

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

"BOOM! We got him! Good work everyone."

Boomy takes in the scene, and really notices the corrupted altar. "What's this? Should we break it?"

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Purification is preferable to destruction in all things," Soddy calls out as the dust settles and the group finally has a chance to catch their collective breath. "We should look at it more closely and see if we can repair or purify it first."

The leshy carefully picks herself up off the greasy floor and waves her healing wand in the air. "Is everyone okay? Do we need to run triage before we finish looking around?"

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human Ranger (Abendego diver) 5 | HP 54/54 | AC 20, T 14, F 17 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+1 vs fear, mind-affecting; +2 vs haunts) | Init +6 | Percep +9, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: longstrider

“Such good teamwork. I’m genuinely a little sad someone else didn’t land the KO blow – you have ALL been so brave.”

Gervase doesn’t even spare Wormgnash a glance. Her focus is on the party and its success.

“Bellisir, if the damage you absorbed was inflicted on someone else, I think the outcome was questionable.”

Soddy Daisy wrote:
"Is everyone okay? Do we need to run triage before we finish looking around?"

“I’m OK, Soddy.”

The ranger hands two CLW potions to Quinn. These being the one she claimed from Baron Sarini’s study and the second potion the mite mini-boss Ticklik carried.

“Drink up, little brother. You’ve earned this!”

Soddy Daisy wrote:
"Purification is preferable to destruction in all things."

“On it! The Mayor wanted records about the Sarini’s victims too, right? They’re probably around here somewhere.”

After reclaiming her longbow, spear and lucerne hammer, Gervase hefts the Sarini cold iron longsword in both hands and begins clearing the demon-bile infused webs in both hidden rooms. She takes particular care around the altar, checking carefully for traps, tricks, loot and threats as she advances.

take 20 perception: 20 + 7 = 27

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Right! We need all the records," Soddy agrees. With most of the group seemingly okay for the moment the leshy also turns her attention to the business of rummaging around the rooms. She does what she can to help clear the demon bile with her cold-iron dagger and also attempts to investigate the altar more closely.

Kn. Arcana (Altar): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

Annea will use her Healing Hex on those who haven't yet been healed by it (once per person per 24 hours).

Healing (CLW Gervase): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Healing (CLW Quinn): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Healing (CLW Boomy): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"The Goddess heals and the Goddess protects."

Regarding the altar...

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male AC:14 (T:14) (FF:11) | F:6 R:5 W:4 |HP:29/30 | Per. +9 Half-Elf Ki Mystic Monk 3

Bellisir staggers to his feet. Although Annea's hex has closed the worst of his wounds, blood still seeps from several others. His right hand closes around the wand he was able to acquire from his reputation as a fledgling Pathfinder Society agent.

"If either one of you know how to use this," he says, his gaze shifting between Annea and Soddy Daisy. "Then you have my blessing to use it as many times as necessary to speed my recovery along."

The monk places the wand of cure light wounds down and pulls the cold iron dagger from his belt. With grim determination, he begins working on clearing the web of demon bile from the altar room and stairwell.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

CLW potions to heal Quinn: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14
4 wand of CLW charges to heal Bellisir: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 6) + 4 = 18

The Wounded
Quinn (-5)

Map & Images

The team works on clearing a safe path through the demon's bile to inspect the altar. Once dedicated to the infernal practices of the Sarini family, Wormgnash has corrupted it with his abyssal influence.

You step over Wormgnash's body and enter the room where the Sarinis stored records about their victims, rituals, experiments, and other secrets.

On the table, you find drawings and diagrams of some sort of portal, showing a vermlek stepping through what looks very much like the sacrificial pit in the adjacent room.

Abyssal:
Wormgnash’s notes—written in Abyssal—suggest that he believed he was very close to a breakthrough that would have ripped a tiny interdimensional hole here that would have allowed several of his vermlek brethren to join him on the Material Plane.

You also find a rough map of Saringallow with arrows and drawings of mites scribbled on it. It indicates that the fiendish fey were soon to attack the town in order to obtain bodies for the vermleks to inhabit.

There are six cabinets in the room, each full of documents. The shelves are neatly labeled, and you easily find the missing records in the cabinet in the northeast corner of the room.

Having defeated Wormgnash and gathered the records you need for the mayor, you discuss what to do about the corrupted altar.

Suddenly, the walls begin to shudder, portions of the ceiling begin to crumble, and small tremors ripple throughout the basement. The building’s age and the latent Abyssal energies from the demon’s bile cause the house to begin to collapse.

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

COLLAPSE!

Mechanics:
The encounter consists of a number of obstacles the PCs must overcome. To overcome an obstacle, each PC must first choose one of two strategies, each of which requires a successful saving throw, ability check, or skill check. Any PC who has chosen the same check type as another PC can voluntarily take a –2 penalty on her check to give a +2 bonus on the other PC’s check. Multiple PCs can help the same character. When everyone is ready, all of the players roll simultaneously.
In between navigating the obstacles, it is possible to quickly quaff a potion, cast a single spell, or use an ability that takes no more than a full-round action to function.

A powerful tremor shakes the basement, causing the cabinets to topple. You can attempt to dodge them (Reflex save) or try to prop them up (STR check).

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

GM, if we are all rolling simultaneously should we spoiler our rolls? I think at least 6 rounds has elapsed since the end of the fight, so Boomy's fatigue should be ended. Boom Sticks will choose Reflex save.

The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

Annea chooses a Reflex Save.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

Quinn chooses Reflex Save

I have 3 more uses of Adaptive Defense (an immediate action) which is +3 to a saving throw, so if somebody thinks they want help I can burn that to give you a +2 and me a +1

"It looks like we need to hurry back to town to help defend against those pesky mites."

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

ref save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human Ranger (Abendego diver) 5 | HP 54/54 | AC 20, T 14, F 17 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+1 vs fear, mind-affecting; +2 vs haunts) | Init +6 | Percep +9, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: longstrider

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Gervase tears past all the falling cabinets, a little guilty that she didn't hang back to help the others.

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Oh, an impromptu obstacle course!"

Soddy attempts to follow the others out of the collapsing room, dodging falling bits of ceiling and toppling furniture...

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male AC:14 (T:14) (FF:11) | F:6 R:5 W:4 |HP:29/30 | Per. +9 Half-Elf Ki Mystic Monk 3

Bellisir plants his feet in order to keep his balance as he feels the basement floor begin to quake. Seeing lots of dust and parts of the walls and the ceiling begin to fall and collapse, he quickly realizes the peril he and his companions are in.

"We have to get out of this house lest we be buried alive," he says, a small modicum of calmness in contrast to the impending destruction. As that last word escapes from his lips, he turns to see a cabinet toppling straight toward him.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Nimbly, the monk sidesteps the cabinet as it hits the floor with a resounding crash, breaking into huge jagged pieces.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Seeing all the others take off, Quinn decides to stop standing around and follow them.

"Hey, wait for me..."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

The tremors cause the cabinets in the records room to topple, but the entire team manages to dodge them.

As you retreat back through the room with the corrupted altar, the dying and panicking mites trapped in the demon’s bile web blindly grab at anything they can.

You can tumble past them (Acrobatics) or try to wriggle away from them (Escape Artist).

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

"Come on Soddy Daisy, grab my tertiary vine!"

Boomy offers a leafy limb to help his fellow leshy get out.

acrobatics, aid penalty: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 = 13

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

Looking around Quinn has the feeling that Annea might need help getting past the mites.

"I'll help guide you through the webs Annea....Dodge right.....Wait for the jump....Go, Go, Go hurry past that next one...."

Acrobatics (aid Annea penalty): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male AC:14 (T:14) (FF:11) | F:6 R:5 W:4 |HP:29/30 | Per. +9 Half-Elf Ki Mystic Monk 3

As Bellisir follows the others, he glances over his shoulder and sees the hand of a mite reaching for the ranger's unprotected left foot.

"Gervase! To your left!" the half-elf calls out in a calm but firm voice as he tries to weave his way past the mites and the webbing.

Acrobatics (Aid Gervase): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human Ranger (Abendego diver) 5 | HP 54/54 | AC 20, T 14, F 17 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+1 vs fear, mind-affecting; +2 vs haunts) | Init +6 | Percep +9, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: longstrider

“Say whaaa?”

acrobatics + Bellisir’s aid: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16

No, Gervase! Your other left.

"Thank-you, brother!"

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Dodge dodge dodge the grabby hands~" Soddy hums to herself, taking Boomy up on his offer of help as she attempts to avoid the grasping mites...

Acrobatics + Boomy's Help: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

...with middling success? Maybe she should hum less and dodge more.

The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

"Oh my!"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19

Annea takes Bellesir's hand and shoots him a curt nod, "Thank you."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

COLLAPSE!

The team manages to tumble through the room with the corrupted altar, avoiding the grasping claws of the dying and panicking mites trapped in the demon’s bile web.

Rolling barrels make movement in the flooded cellar difficult. You can attempt to dive under them (Constitution check) or try to slip to the side (Swim check).

Mechanics:
The encounter consists of a number of obstacles the PCs must overcome. To overcome an obstacle, each PC must first choose one of two strategies, each of which requires a successful saving throw, ability check, or skill check. Any PC who has chosen the same check type as another PC can voluntarily take a –2 penalty on her check to give a +2 bonus on the other PC’s check. Multiple PCs can help the same character. When everyone is ready, all of the players roll simultaneously.
In between navigating the obstacles, it is possible to quickly quaff a potion, cast a single spell, or use an ability that takes no more than a full-round action to function.

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Ohhh, into the water...be sure to hold your breath!"

More confident in her ability to simply duck under and avoid the barrels that way than try to swim around them, Soddy takes a breath and heads into the water...

Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

...but it's hard to keep from getting waterlogged when your entire body is rather porous.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

Between the bile-shrine and the flooded cellar, Boomy gives their gun to Annea to keep the powder dry. Then, they dive under the barrels.

It's good for your roots. It's good for your roots.

CON: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human Ranger (Abendego diver) 5 | HP 54/54 | AC 20, T 14, F 17 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+1 vs fear, mind-affecting; +2 vs haunts) | Init +6 | Percep +9, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: longstrider

Gervase passes her second potion sponge of touch of the sea to Annea before entering the water and slipping any barrels aside as she crawls across the surface.

swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

I believe the potion sponge should allow Annea to take 10 AND add a +8 bonus to her swim check.

“In the event you don’t want to use the potion, please give it to someone else, Annea.”

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

Quinn looks down at the dark, murky water and dips his finger in.

"I am so happy we took out all the nasties in the water."

With that quick statement the young man jumps into the water and swims over to the stairs.

Swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Quinn sputters a bit and barely gasps out, "aagh, I think I got something in my mouth"

The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

Annea will attempt to swim... relying on her witchly talents to hopefully save her.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male AC:14 (T:14) (FF:11) | F:6 R:5 W:4 |HP:29/30 | Per. +9 Half-Elf Ki Mystic Monk 3

The monk brings up the rear out of the web-filled room and back to the landing and the waterlogged cellar full of water and floating barrels. He watches most of the others duck nimbly aroud the side of the barrels, their movements cause the barrels to cut off his path through the room. Once more, the words of Uncle Fu rise in Bellisir's thoughts.

"A wise man once said, 'If you cannot go over or around an obstable, go under it.'"

Bellisir steps back as far as he dares in the direction of the altar room and then sprints forward. Waiting until the last possible moment, he leaps forward and spreads his arms, executing a swan dive into an opening in the water amid the barrels.

Constitution: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

He feels his stomach and upper legs scrape the bottom, but at the same time he uses his toes to push off and continue his forward momentum before arcing up and breaking the surface of the water.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

COLLAPSE!

GM Screen:
Damage: 3d3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) = 6

Bellisir dives under the rolling barrels in the flooded cellar without difficulty, but Boom Sticks and Soddy Daisy swallow a lungful of the brackish water. They drag themselves out of the water and onto the base of the stairs, vomiting up most of it along with some blood.

Gervase and Annea swim around the rolling barrels with considerable skill, but one of the large casks careens into the back of Quinn's head, leaving a wicked welt on his crown.

The Wounded
Quinn (-8)
Boom Sticks (-1)
Soddy Daisy (-2)

The precarious stairs leading out of the basement are falling apart. You can either attempt to scramble up the the stairs (Climb check) or try to tread very carefully (Perception check).

Mechanics:
The encounter consists of a number of obstacles the PCs must overcome. To overcome an obstacle, each PC must first choose one of two strategies, each of which requires a successful saving throw, ability check, or skill check. Any PC who has chosen the same check type as another PC can voluntarily take a –2 penalty on her check to give a +2 bonus on the other PC’s check. Multiple PCs can help the same character. When everyone is ready, all of the players roll simultaneously.
In between navigating the obstacles, it is possible to quickly quaff a potion, cast a single spell, or use an ability that takes no more than a full-round action to function.

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Oog...I think I swallowed a nail," Soddy complains as she drags herself to her feet and attempts to carefully and lightly pick her way up the crumbling stairs. "Annea! This way, okay?"

Perception (-2 to Help Annea): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human Ranger (Abendego diver) 5 | HP 54/54 | AC 20, T 14, F 17 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+1 vs fear, mind-affecting; +2 vs haunts) | Init +6 | Percep +9, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: longstrider

“Well that’s one of your essential minerals sorted for the next week, Soddy. Not enough iron stunts a plant’s growth!”

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Gervase watches carefully for obstacles on the cellar stairs.

“I believe there are still three CLW potions left from Baron Sarini’s study. Quinn, it would be a shame to let them go to waste.”

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

"Oh, my head. Good idea Gervase, I think I will take that potion, if nobody else minds."

Cure light wounds potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Quinn shakes his head to clear the fog and heads toward the stairs.

"Those stairs look rickety, be careful Annea, watch that step."

Perception (-2 to help Annea): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

"Ugh! Iron and water are best through the roots! Everybody up the stairs now!"

climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Boomy scrambles up the stairs.

The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

Time for perception...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Be careful everyone! There are so many dangers in this place. We need to hurry."

Grand Lodge

Male AC:14 (T:14) (FF:11) | F:6 R:5 W:4 |HP:29/30 | Per. +9 Half-Elf Ki Mystic Monk 3

"Everyone out. Quickly!"

Bellisir stands on the landing, making sure that everyone else is safe before he attempts to extricate himself from the basement before everything collapses. Doing his best not to rush despite the danger, the monk treads carefully, trying to watch to see which stairs look the most sturdy and which ones are warped or look as if they could snap under his weight (a very bad situation given he's carrying so little on his person).

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

COLLAPSE!

GM Screen:
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Heeding Gervase's advise, Quinn quaffs a healing draught, then the team hustles up the crumbling stairs. Soddy Daisy and Quinn do what they can to help Annea find a safe path to the top. It almost looks like everyone's made it up unscathed, but then Bellisir slips on a shifting step and face-plants onto the stairs, chipping a tooth and biting his tongue.

The Wounded
Quinn (-1)
Boom Sticks (-1)
Soddy Daisy (-2)
Bellisir (-1)

There's panic in the kitchen! A stream of frenzied rats blocks the way out. You can try to herd them away [Knowledge (nature) or Handle Animal check] or you can attempt to tough out the situation and wade through the rats (Fortitude save).

Mechanics:
The encounter consists of a number of obstacles the PCs must overcome. To overcome an obstacle, each PC must first choose one of two strategies, each of which requires a successful saving throw, ability check, or skill check. Any PC who has chosen the same check type as another PC can voluntarily take a –2 penalty on her check to give a +2 bonus on the other PC’s check. Multiple PCs can help the same character. When everyone is ready, all of the players roll simultaneously.
In between navigating the obstacles, it is possible to quickly quaff a potion, cast a single spell, or use an ability that takes no more than a full-round action to function.

The Concordance

active effects:
Vine Leshy Barbarian (savage technologist) 2 / Gunslinger 1 | current AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +8 R +6 W +3 (Rage = +2 R/W) | CMD 17 [21] | Init +3 |Rage 8/8| Grit 2/2 | Perc +6, lowlight, darkvision

"Ugh, look out! It's a horde of rats! They'll gnaw all your bark off given the chance."

Boomy rushes through...

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

"You just need to be firm with them, as with any creature when you need it to do something," Soddy replies as she attempts to herd the rats out of the way of the door.

"Shoo! Go out the windows! You can fit through small spaces; we can't!"

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Human Ranger (Abendego diver) 5 | HP 54/54 | AC 20, T 14, F 17 | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F +8, R +9, W +7 (+1 vs fear, mind-affecting; +2 vs haunts) | Init +6 | Percep +9, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: longstrider

“There’s a whole world filled with feta and cheddar out there.”

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

UGH! Should have suggested bacon as bait.

Grand Lodge

Male AC:14 (T:14) (FF:11) | F:6 R:5 W:4 |HP:29/30 | Per. +9 Half-Elf Ki Mystic Monk 3

As the group makes the kitchen, Bellisir suddenly remembers something. He and his friends aren't the only one in danger of the house falling around them.

"Annilda. We have to make sure she is able to get out of this house," he says, calm on the outside but worried for her and her 'baby' on the inside.

The monk calls out for her, trying to make his way through the rat swarm not to get outside but to get back to the stairs going up.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The Exchange

Male N Human (Mwangi) Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 3 | HP 27/28 | AC 16 Touch 16 Flat Footed 14 | CMB +5, CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | Init: +4| Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Reactive Aspect: 3/9 | Active Forms: None. |

"There were tons of rats back in Katapesh, I am quite familiar with how to handle them...."

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Oooouch...I guess the rats up here are way different than the ones I am familiar with.

The Concordance

CG Human (Varisian),Init +2; Perc +3 (+6 in bright light) Level -3 Witch (hex channeler) AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 11 (+1 armor, +1 Dex) hp 20 Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; +1 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

"The rats are natural creatures... they are just scared and running for safety."

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Give them a wide path and they should run right past you... just don't corner them or they might enter a frenzy!"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne

COLLAPSE!

GM Screen:
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

One way or another, then team finds a way through the stream of frenzied rats blocking the way out. Only Gervase struggles to herd them out of her way. One of them sinks its incisors in the ranger's ankle, nicking a vein.

Bitten, battered, and bruised, you escape from the crumbling manor, just as it finally collapses in billowing cloud of dust.

The Wounded
Quinn (-1)
Boom Sticks (-1)
Soddy Daisy (-2)
Bellisir (-1)
Gervase (-2)

The Concordance

HP: 24/24 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 13 l CMD 13 l F +5, R +5, W +4 l Seedpods (0/8), L1: 1/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +9, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Kn. Arcana +6, Kn. Nature +7, Profession: Herbalist +9
Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 3 l Active Conditions:

Soddy surveys the pile of rubble and debris that was once the manor, largely ignoring the layer of dust that quickly begins to settle over her form.

"Well, that's one way to solve the problem."

She turns and peers around, shielding her eyes with one viney little hand. "Um, I hope that Annilda got out okay. Bellisir, you were trying to go back for her - did the big stairs get blocked off?"

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,558 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's PFS-Sanctioned Module: Gallows of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.