Starfinder: Dead Suns

Game Master Simmyish

Absolom Station. Located in where Golarion was before the planet vanished. The administrative and cultural centre of the Pact Worlds. And the home of the Starfinder Society.

A Starfinder adventure starting from level 1


751 to 800 of 896 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Atrios: It's been about a day and a half since the encounter where everyone else was lost.


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

Ok. Plenty of time for him to be well traumatized!

Atrios nods, wipes away his tears, takes a deep breath and relates the story so far. He leaves out his origin in another reality for now. He smiles weakly at his rescuers.

"I...," his voice cracks. The tears threaten to return. "I'm really glad to meet you,"


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

"Right, so let's get started. First we should probably check the ship to make sure it is clear, then we can proceed to the rock," suggests Lance.


Female Ysoki Mechanic | SP: 3/12 • HP: 14/14 • RP: 6/6 | AC: 13e / 14k | F+3 R+5 W+2 | Ini+2 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision)

DeeCo looked around at the expanse of the rock and then back at Atrios. She said nothing for a few seconds, and just gave them a solemn nod of understanding. "I'm at yer back. Let's clear that ship."


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

"Atrios did they tell you that your journey would be recorded while you were here? We saw the whole thing live on the station.", Albern asks while falling in with DeeCo and Lance.


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

I can't remember. Did they?


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Could have been a personal mission for Tetch, I suppose.


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

Atrios froze, beads o sweat forming on his forehead. He clenched his fists at the revelation.
"You know what?" he said evenly. "I don't believe they ever mentioned it?"


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage
Lance Flameskimmer wrote:
Could have been a personal mission for Tetch, I suppose.

(Sorry, thought I was posting that in discussion)


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

"Atrios, how are you feeling? If you need healing I can look to your wounds before we move through the ship.", Albern says, not sure how much rest Atrios has had since the battle. "We will have to inquire about this recording when we get back to Absalom Station."


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

"Thank you that would be lovely," said Atrios tearing up again. "I'm sorry! I'm not normally like this but... it's not been easy,"


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

Albern reaches out and touches Atrios on the sholder, concentrates for a moment and then a soft light passes from Albern's hand into Atrios.

Mystic Cure: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

You were joined by an observation bot for record keeping, you were not told it was being broadcast to the station - in other words, everyone saw what happened with Atrios and the ship was cleared - that was all recorded. It was the zombies on the rock when the feed went dead.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Although the video showed the ship being cleared, Lance wants to survey it quickly anyway, just in case there were hidden enemies still on board or ones that approached from the rock over the last couple of days. (Feel free to handwave and get us to the action, if you like.)


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Looking over the Acreon, there are no other creatures - however everything is covered in saltwater, as a result - the Acreon is out of operation at this time.

Atrios leads the group to the cave system where his previous companions begun their search, and led them to nearby where the two zombies were.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Lance will motion for Artois to stay behind them as he holds his modified Artillery Laser at the ready. Using hand signals, he attempts to lead the way in stealthily.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

Albern follows Lance's lead, but is giving him some room to work by staying ~25ft behind him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Female Ysoki Mechanic | SP: 3/12 • HP: 14/14 • RP: 6/6 | AC: 13e / 14k | F+3 R+5 W+2 | Ini+2 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision)

DeeCo is following in that gap between Lance and Albern, K.O. at the ready. She's ogling the walls, fascinated by the transition between materials, and trying to place its origin. At everyone going quiet, she refocused.
___________
Physical Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

Atrios thinks he's supposed to be quiet according the the funny hand signals Lance made. That's ... not going to be easy.

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Looking at the strange material, Declan can tell it's some sort of ceramic-metallic substance that has the durability of adamantine alloy, but is not a material known to Pact Worlds material science.

Sneaking up quietly, as Lance peeks around the corner, the two zombies start lumbering in your direction.

Second time lucky, right? Rolled elsewhere for a secret roll and rolled real good for the zombles :( on that note - initiative!

Void Zombie Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"They've spotted us. Concentrate your fire and watch out for those tongues!" calls Lance, preparing to fire.


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Is there a knowledge check I can make to figure out what these void zombies are?


Female Ysoki Mechanic | SP: 3/12 • HP: 14/14 • RP: 6/6 | AC: 13e / 14k | F+3 R+5 W+2 | Ini+2 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision)

DeeCo moves back as much as the passage will allow for a straight line of fire, and readies K.O. "We've got range, let's back up a bit so everyone gets a clear shot."
_______________________________
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

It would be a mystism check to identify


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Are we ready to start combat yet? Do we have a map?


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

I think we are waiting on Atrios initiative roll.


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Yep was waiting on Atrios, also - been having issues with the map, as soon as it's ready I'll get it up for you. Also, for Lance: It's dark, so unless you have a light source, Lance cannot see the map anyways.

Initiative Order:

Lance
Declan
Atrios
Void Zombies
Albern

Map:
Got the map ready, those with darkvision can view it here


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Lance has a Clear Spindle Aeon stone, which he uses for light as well as those long flights where he doesn't want to deal with eating or drinking. On the flip side, it is tougher to sneak up on zombies this way.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Lance shoots twice at the northern zombie, attempting to burn it down before it can attack!

Artillery Laser Full Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5
Artillery Laser Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1
Artillery Laser Full Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 4 = 14
Artillery Laser Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


Female Ysoki Mechanic | SP: 3/12 • HP: 14/14 • RP: 6/6 | AC: 13e / 14k | F+3 R+5 W+2 | Ini+2 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision)

"Backing up." Declan retreats back along the natural caverns, motioning Atrios and Albern back, so that she would have a clear shot. She backed up to the wall of the cavern that the other two were in, setting K.O. up to fire.
_________________________
Final intended destination is one row up and four over from the gray "X" on the map.


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

Atrios, don't forget that your HP should be at max, I gave you 10 points of healing a few posts ago.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Nodding at Delcan, Lance says, "Form a kill pocket in the last room. I will draw them in," as the Ysoki backs up.

Artios, we are waiting for you in initiative order.


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

Atrios will backup as far as possible waiting too get a clear shot at the zombies.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Lance fires the artillery laser toward the zombies, the first leaving a burn on the wall behind the zombie but the second does make impact as the laser impacts into the chest of the zombie, leaving a hole right where the heart would be. The zombie turns and begins to move forward with a hole in its chest.

As Lance opens fire, Declan takes a step back to the back of the room and makes his way into the corner of the previous room, readying his weapon to shoot. Atrios having fought these things begore also backs up and waits for an opportunity. The first Zombie, seeing Lance makes a lunge toward him.

Zombie 1 slam attack roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Zombie 1 Slam attack damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

As the first zombie slams down, the other disappears through the northwestern corridor.

Here's the map and it's over to you.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Lance considers the tactical situation and calls, "Change of plans, the other zombie is coming up on our flank. I'll hold this one here and the rest of you cover the flank!"

Not wanting to be quite so close to the creature and its lolling tongue, Lance takes a guarded step back up the hallway and fires his artillery laser at it once more, aiming for the head this time.

Artillery Laser Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Fire Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

Mysticism Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Hearing Lance get hit, Albern moves down the tunnel toward him until he can just see the zombie then launches a piece of debris from the ground at it.

Telekinetic Projectile, KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage,Bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Ysoki Mechanic | SP: 3/12 • HP: 14/14 • RP: 6/6 | AC: 13e / 14k | F+3 R+5 W+2 | Ini+2 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision)

Getting comfortable in the corner, DeeCo's eyes went to her right, and immediately moved towards the opposite wall, hurrying to get in position before the zombie reached them. "Atrios, it's coming from that side.", her back hit the wall, and reflexively, her paws were tweaking K.O., tweaking and smoothing away the whines that should not be coming from the housing of a kinetic weapon.

The upside was that she could see both the tunnel and the hallway, but the downside was the increased vulnerablility.
_______________________
DeeCo is placing herself one space in front of the "X" on the map, where she can see down both tunnels


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

"Right," says Atrios trying to sound decisive. He turns toward the passage way the zombie will and prepares himself

I ready an action to use infinite worlds on the four squares of the corridor to create difficult terrain.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Albern: Unfortunately, you don't know much about void zombies.

Albern steps forward seeing Lance getting hit, finding a rock that floats in the air and flies toward the zombie, making impact, hurting the zombie as it continues to stumble forward.

Lance fires another shot with his laser that makes impact, burning the flesh of the void zombie a little more as the laser beam crashes into the zombie.

Declan makes his way toward the Eastern end of the other chamber so that they could see further down the southern tunnel, if not into the chamber beyond, and down the hallway they came from, in case the zombie comes around like was being suggested.

Atrios waits to see if the zombie comes around to see if the zombie comes, getting ready to slow it down should it arrive.

The zombie that Lance stepped away from and shot takes a step forward and attempts to attack with its tongue on Lance.

Zombie 1 Feeding Tendril attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The tendril-like tongue flicks towards Lance but he manages to dodge out of the way of the impact as the tongue continues to loll. That's when the other zombie appears in the Western corridor of the chamber, Declan and Atrios both now seeing it, Atrios releases his held spell, making the corridor difficult terrain, but it doesn't make it through the corridor this turn.

Here's the updated map, as usual.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Unable to take another step back away from the zombie, Lance brings his bayonet to bear, stabbing quickly at the zombie, trying to sever its neck muscles with two jabs to its upper chest.

(Full Attack)
Needler Estoc Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5
Needler Estoc Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Needler Estoc Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11
Needler Estoc Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

Seeing the zombie in bad shape, Albern focuses again lifting another rock from the ground and hurling it at the zombie, hoping to be able to kill it before it attacks Lance again.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Ysoki Mechanic | SP: 3/12 • HP: 14/14 • RP: 6/6 | AC: 13e / 14k | F+3 R+5 W+2 | Ini+2 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision)

Ready and waiting, DeeCo keeps an ear out for Lance's situation, but stays where she is.
________________________________

Held Action:

(Move) Calibrate for Target (+1 to-hit vs specified target) Zombie
(Std.) Fire on Target: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


NG Mystic (Healer) 2 | HP16/16 | SP2/14 | RP 5/5 | 1st Level Slots 0/3 | Speed 30ft | Init 3 | Perc 11 | KAC 16 | EAC 14 | Fort 3 | Ref 3 | Will 7 | CMB 24 | Low Light Vision | Blindsense (Scent, 30ft.) | Arc Pistol Rounds 16/20 |

My mistake on my attack roll, it should be 10 not 11. I accidentally added wisdom mod instead of dex mod for the roll. New to spells in Starfinder.


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

Are we waiting on someone?


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

"Damn it!" hissed Atrios. For a moment the hallway's flooring became uneven and riddled with tripping hazards. It was a plausible reality to pull from; easily done. But Atrios' timing was off and he could only shift reality this way for a few seconds.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Was waiting on Atrios, just wondering if he wants to do anything this round


CN Forlorn Elf Dream Prophet Witchwarper 2 l Stamina 10/10, Health 14/14, Resolve 4/5 l F +0, R +5, W +0 Ini + 2l Spd30 l Perc +2 | 1st level slots: 1/3

Atrios will ready an action to cast hazard for electricity damage in wihchever square the zombie winds up.


Multiple GameMaster God 20+

Atrios - what is the Trigger for your readied action?


Male Human (Gravity Dweller) Soldier (Guard) 2 | Sp: (0/18), Hp: (17/18), Rp: (4/5) | 16 EAC, 19 KAC | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3 | 2 points Strength damage

As the zombie continues it’s inexorable advance, Lance bumps into Albern. “Give me a bit of room to maneuver, Albern,” he grunts, trying to find a way to keep away from the sickening tongue that just attacked him.

751 to 800 of 896 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dark Suns All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.