[SFS] GM Bigrin's Table 2 - It Rests Beneath (Inactive)

Game Master bigrin42

Map slides


151 to 200 of 275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

don't sweat. I'm glad I asked;

Tactical Pike, attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for piercing, magic: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Releasing a hand on his sniper rifle OP-1 moves as he draws his arc pistol and uses the row of allies to obscure his movement before taking a shot at his previous target hoping to bring it down before it can bite into one his allies once more.

Trick shot using stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 = 21 (dc 20+target's CR)
To hit EAC Yellow (vs flatfooted if trick shot worked): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Elec damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Extra trick shot damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
If hit I'll make him flatfooted till the start of my next turn


Twik accepted his supercharge from Sunshine and flicked behind the front line to make sure that the target's eyes weren't on him. He aimed down the barrel of his pistol and squeezed off a shot.

trick attack, stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
to hit kac: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
ta damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
supercharge: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 6) = 22


SFS Signup sheet

Hadir, you hit and I incorporated the damage in the results

Gm screen:

r,burn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

r: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
r: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

burn: 1d4 ⇒ 1

attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 4 = 28
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 plus 1 con
attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 plus 1 con

attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 4 = 29
damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 = 20 plus 1 con
attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 plus 1 con

r,burn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Hef stepped up to shield his companions as they attacked the crest-eaters. Azara fumbled her strike, leaving herself open to an attack, but the creature was focused on Hadir. Despite its wounds, it continued to shake the kasatha, and ignoring the strikes against it. Twik's supercharged blast roared in the air, damaging everyone's hearing, but completely failing to hit his target. OP-1 took advantage of the distraction to shoot the first crest-eater again, and the beast staggered as its injuries mounted.

Both crest-eaters were engulfed by fire from Sunshine's spell, and the one closest to him was fully injured. The other took less of the spell, probably due to Sunshine not wishing to accidentally hit Hadir. The crest-eater closest to the technomancer lunged and caught him up in its powerful jaws, shaking Sunshine back and forth before slamming him to the ground. Sunshine was gravely injured, and lay bleeding on the ground, unconscious and dying.

Round 2-3:

OP-1 hit but the Trick Attack did not go off

Hadir takes 8 damage, plus 1 Con damage, Fort DC 13 to negate Con damage

Sunshine takes two hits (one was a crit) for 8 damage, plus 2 Con damage, two Fort DC 13 to negate Con damage

R2: op-1, crest eaters, hef, twik, sunshine, azara, hadir
R3: op-1, crest eaters, hef, twik, sunshine, azara, hadir

Current status:
azara 16/21 SP | 25/25 HP
hadir 9/32 SP | 32/32 HP (1 CON damage, 1 more?)
hef 24/24 SP | 22/22 HP
op-1 24/24 SP | 28/28 HP
sunshine 0/12 SP | 0/14 HP (2 CON damage ?)
twik 24/24 SP | 26/26 HP

crest eater (yellow) -44
crest eater (blue) -0

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

Barely taking a blink to react as he calls upon a large amount of experience and training handling battlefield wounds, Hef quickly asks for a blessing of life to be granted. He leans over towards Sunshine and steps in between the creature and the fallen Ryphorian, reaching out to touch him and channel healing energies. Sunshine's wounds heal a small bit, but more importantly, consciousness floods back to his mind.

Guarded Step between Sunshine and Blue, Standard to cast Mystic Cure on Sunshine (does not provoke) and heals 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 hit points. He will only use his bodyguard feat if Sunshine is attacked.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

"This is going to do nothing to improve his outlook," Azara comments as Sunshine is shaken like a chew toy in the mouth of an overzealous katark.

Not particularly trained in the medical arts, though there was little he could do other than try to take down their opponents and clear the field so that someone COULD help him.

He continues to move along the creatures' sides before lashing out.

Solar Weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Slashing: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Guarded step and photon Attuned 2

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

fortitude, Con damage: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12

Hadir stabs at the creature with his pike again.

Tactical Pike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for piercing, magic: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

off by one on the save. Again. And 13 on the attack. Again. This is not Had it's day, haha.

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Using Hadir's body as a screen to obscure his movements OP-1 takes another shot at his preferred target as he moves to a more advantageous location

Trick shot using stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 1 = 36 (dc 20+target's CR)
To hit EAC Yellow(vs flatfooted if trick shot worked): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Elec damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Extra trick shot damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
(If trick attack hit I'll make my target flatfooted till the start of my next turn)

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Fort DC 13 #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fort DC 13 #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Sunshine lets out a low whine as Hef rouses him to consciousness. "Nope, still some pain left to go." He turns his head to survey the activity around him, trying to decide how to wriggle out of this one.

Evidently they have reach. 1 Con damage thus far. Sunshine will delay unless somebody pulls blue's AoO, in which case he'll stand and move out of the fray.

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Just in case nobody provokes this round. I don't think standing up provokes in Starfinder (it's not on the list of 3 things that will - ranged attack, leave the square with out a guarded step/withdraw or casting a spell) so after you stand up you can take a guarded 5ft step NW and be clear


SFS Signup sheet

OP-1 is correct. One of the differences between SF and PF is that standing up from prone does not provoke an AOO

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Cool! Pawn moved.

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

After looking in the map I'll use Hadir's move action to take a guarded step. Azara should be able to Guarded Step into flanking with Hadir next turn.


Twik tried to use the screening of the confusion of Sunshine's dying to surprise the yellowish crest-eater, but fumbled his shot, blasting a small hole in the dry river's bank instead.

trick attack, stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
to hit kac: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
ta damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 plus 1 con
attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 4 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 plus 1 con

attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 4 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 plus 1 con
attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 plus 1 con

Thankful for his mercies in the healing arts, Hef stooped over Sunshine and healed the rhyphorian. Sunshine's eyes flew open, and he rolled to his feet with a groan of pain that sounded suspicious like "not again". His near-death experience ratted the group, and only OP-1 was able to connect with her attack. Her sneaky strike from behind Azara punched a hole deep into the crest-eater's chest.

The wounded creature was obviously on its last legs now, but that didn't slow down its attacks. It did, however, greatly affect its ability to simply power through the defense of its prey. Hadir used his pike to slap away the bite and claws, avoiding any more damage.

The bluish one managed a good hit on Hef, distracted as he was by making sure that Sunshine was recovering. Hef managed to avoid the follow-up strike, though, and assuming a more defensive posture.

Round 3-4:

Hef takes 9 damage, plus 1 Con damage, Fort DC 13 to negate Con damage

R3: op-1, crest eaters, hef, twik, sunshine, azara, hadir
R4: op-1, crest eaters, hef, twik, sunshine, azara, hadir

Current status:
azara 16/21 SP | 25/25 HP
hadir 5/32 SP | 32/32 HP (2 CON damage)
hef 15/24 SP | 22/22 HP (1 CON damage?)
op-1 24/24 SP | 28/28 HP
sunshine 0/12 SP | 0/14 HP (1 CON damage)
twik 24/24 SP | 26/26 HP

crest eater (yellow) -51
crest eater (blue) -0

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

Fort DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

With the attention on himself, Hef stabs at the creature to keep it focused on himself and then steps to the side to provide clean shots for the ranged crew.

Stab Blue, Guarded Step. No planned use of the bodyguard feat.

Returning Cold Iron Tactical Spear vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for Magic/Cold Iron/Piercing + W.S.: 1d6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 3 = 9

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

Azara takes a careful step around to get behind the yellow creature. But rather than attacking, he says a single word. "Burn."

Then, having felt the strength of the stars reach its highest potential within him, he releases it. The blast of solar energy washes over everything and everyone within 10' including both of the monsters.(Sorry Hef.)

Supernova (DC15 Refl for Half Fire Damage): 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 2) + 1 = 14

No longer attuned.

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

OP-1 uses the confusion of the combat to hide his next move before he shoots at his target

Trick shot using stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 1 = 20 (dc 20+target's CR)
To hit EAC (vs flatfooted if trick shot worked): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Elec damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Extra trick shot damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Not sure if yellow is still standing by the time I take the shot, so possibly moving to avoid cover if I end up shooting at purple

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

Hadir stabs at the yellow creature again, wincing in pain.

doesn't Hadir lose another 4 SP from his current and max values with 2 points of Con damage?

Tactical Pike, flanking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 for piercing, magic: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

I want to throw something

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Sunshine staggers to the rear of the group, then painfully turns around, lines up the barrel of his rifle, and fires at the crest-eater.

Move to square, standard attack yellow (blue if yellow drops).

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage (C + P): 1d8 ⇒ 6

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

So, I'm all for hurting the enemies but am not a fan of being scorched. Azara, might I suggest an alternative option or two that doesn't put Hef at a significantly higher risk of death? Option 1 - communicate that your ability is going to explode in fire and ask everyone to stay back so you can safely harm the enemies. Knowing the possibility of an explosion, Hef would not have stepped 5 ft closer to you on his action. Ideally the mighty GM may just allow this option as a slight retcon since we are all acting on the same initiative block and still in that block (and the warning could easily and legally been given before anyone acted). Option two - Use the flanking to stab that critter this round. Next round request everyone to stay clear, get clear or accept the risk of being close to an exploding star.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

If the GM allows it I will retcon it in the following way-

Azara moves so that his burst of energy will only take in his opponents and not his allies before releasing his Supernova.

I update my position on the map. I don't think I get Hef, now. It's hard to tell with the diagonal. If that's not far enough I'll have to change actions since there won't be a spot where I can get both of htem and not him.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik dashes one way before adruptly turning back to where he started and letting at the most wounded beast....

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Sorry guys. Crazy weekend. Thanks for botting me.


SFS Signup sheet
Hadir, Psychic Knight wrote:


doesn't Hadir lose another 4 SP from his current and max values with 2 points of Con damage?

He did. I took those away

Azara wrote:

If that's not far enough I'll have to change actions since there won't be a spot where I can get both of htem and not him.

No worries. The yellow one died before your turn, so you can easily get just the blue and not Hef

Gm screen:

r: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 plus 1 con
attack vs kac: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 plus 1 con

Twik's shot caught the wounded crest-eater and it could no longer fight against its wounds. It hit the riverbed floor with a crash that nearly knocked everyone off their feet. That left the rest of you to focus on the blue-tinged beast.

Hef stabbed it, Sunshine's shot skipped off its tough hide. Hadir also missed, as he re-positioned for another strike with his pike. Azara, finally ready, concentrated and released her photonic energy in a blast that swept across the remaining crest-eater. The creature nimbly dodged most of the blast, but it still was injured. That slowed it just enough for OP-1 to land a shot.

The creature wailed in pain, its injuries distracting it as it lunged for Hef once more. The mystic easily dodged the creature's attacks.

Round 4-5:

R4: op-1, crest eaters, hef, twik, sunshine, azara, hadir
R5: op-1, crest eaters, hef, twik, sunshine, azara, hadir

Current status:
azara 16/21 SP | 25/25 HP
hadir 5/32 SP | 32/32 HP (2 CON damage)
hef 15/24 SP | 22/22 HP
op-1 24/24 SP | 28/28 HP
sunshine 0/12 SP | 0/14 HP (1 CON damage)
twik 24/24 SP | 26/26 HP

crest eater (yellow) -55 (dead)
crest eater (blue) -24

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Somewhat astonished that his small pistol shot brings the great beast down, Twik zig zags around with greater confidence - this time firing on the other crest-eater.

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

Moving past the corpse of it's companion OP-1 uses his stealthy approach to hide what it's next move is going to be, it will come to no surprise to anyone that it will be an attack against the last standing enemy

Trick shot using stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 1 = 34 (dc 20+target's CR)
To hit EAC (vs flatfooted if trick shot worked): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Elec damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Extra trick shot damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
If trick attack worked I'll make it flatfooted till the start of my next turn - unless Twig's attack did that already, in which case I'll make it offtarget


SFS Signup sheet

Crest-eater is now flat-footed and off target

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

Thank you much Azara!

Hef turns, now all his focus on the creature. "Finish it off, it has given us GLORIOUS BATTLE!"

Returning Cold Iron Tactical Spear vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 for Magic/Cold Iron/Piercing + W.S.: 1d6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 3 = 6

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

Hadir steps over the body of the fallen crest eater and then stabs at the remaining one.

Tactical Pike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for piercing, magic: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

No problem, Hef. I debated it before hand but figured it was a good chance to take one down and start out on the other. I certainly understand not wanting to suffer from friendly fire.

There is a moment when the symphony of the stars does not sing in Azara's ears, when he is no longer a conduit of the stellar but just a mere physical being after he releases his photonic energy. It is a bittersweet feeling, being an individual again but also a mote in a massive universe.

But, an enemy still stands, so he re-enters the Cycle, gathering the first strands of photonic energy within him once more as he steps in to attack.

Solar Weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Slashing: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Sunshine lines up another shot at the remaining beast, determined to bring it down before healing himself.

Standard normal attack.

Attack vs. KAC (flat-footed): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
Damage (C + P): 1d8 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

busy week starts today. Feel free to bot me as soon as everyone else acts, it's tactically convenient, or my PC can address the check at hand.


SFS Signup sheet

I'm back. Thanks for your patience

In a bust of competency, Twik and OP-1 work together to confound the crest-eater, leaving it bleeding badly and open for other attacks. Then, with a loud cry Azara cleaved into the creature, killing it. The large beast crashed to the ground, legs pawing at the air for a few seconds before stilling.

Congratulations, you won!

Hadir, Hef, or Culture DC 14:

The gladiator weapon known as a bone cestus was originally fashioned from the bony crests of kasathan crest-eaters. The weapons these days are typically made from resin, as it is less expensive and more easily worked than crest-eater bone, but you know how to harvest the crests to make one of these weapons.

You can harvest materials to make two bone cestuses.

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

Hef looks around, adrenaline still pumping into his veins. He holds his spear above his head, pumping it up and down letting loose a cry of exultation, "YAAAAHHHH!!!!"

As his breathing slows he smiles, "Now I truly know how my ancestors felt, facing these beasts for the right to survive." He looks them over and glances over at Hadir, "I think we should honor these creatures and craft weapons to remember them by, like our forefathers did. What say you?"

Before that gets started he turns to Sunshine, "Hold on friend, you fought valiantly. Let me heal some of your injuries while you recover."

Hef uses Healing Touch to mend Sunshine for up to 15 HP. He will suggest that the warrior also rest and recover at the same time since it takes 10 minutes for him to complete the healing. Hef will then take 10 more minutes to catch his own breath (Spending 1 resolve to recover his Stamina Points). Then, he will see if the group still needs help putting up the tower. Once the tower is up and if Hadir has not yet harvested both weapons, he will then do that.

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Sunshine sits down unceremoniously, tipping backwards to flop onto the ground. "Thanks, friend. Next time I'll fight cowardly so you can heal someone else. I wouldn't want to take all your attention. I do like the idea of wearing bloodthirsty alien monstrosities as gloves; definitely celebrates our right to survive."

Definitely accepting the heal and spending an RP to restore Stamina.


SFS Signup sheet

Anyone who wants to, take your break and use your RP for stamina recovery

Setting up the tower and scanning equipment is same as before, Engineering DC 17 to set up the tower, followed by a DC 17 Computers check to set up the scanners.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

Azara feels the familiar, faint wash of disappointment as the song of the stars falls away from him even as his opponent falls. Though many have tried, no one, including himself has found a way to hang on to it without the threat of death hanging over them. Perhaps it is only at that edge that one can truly sense the universe.

"My apologies Hef. I almost singed you back there. I'll try to let you know when I reach the peak of the cycle from now on," he says before squatting next to the fallen beast.

"If you have these things back on your world, I may have to rethink Castrovel as the planet with the most dangerous wildlife."

As some of the party rests, he joins the rest of them in putting up the tower.

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

As our forefathers did, so too will we.

Hadir will harvest the bones

"Set to it, Raff." Hadir says as he sits down to rest.

recovering stamina by spending a resolve. IIRC I will end up 4 points below my Max due to CON damage, right?
Please make checks for Raff to help with the tower.

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

"You guys take a break, I think I know what to do now that we've done this 2 times before"

Engingeering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Athlectic to climb? I think we needed that one last time as well: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


SFS Signup sheet
Hadir, Psychic Knight wrote:

recovering stamina by spending a resolve. IIRC I will end up 4 points below my Max due to CON damage, right?

ayup , that's the way I read it

The tower went up easily enough this time, having had a bit of practice by now. Likewise, OP-1 managed to get the scanners working quickly, the only hiccup being the wait for the calibration. Finally, the scanners were all functional, and Dr. Mora Motressi congratulated you.

"Good job, Starfinders! With those scanning towers in place, we should be able to get a much better look at this plateau. Give me a moment to get the data going. Okay, great. Initial scans should take about 10 minutes. If you can hold there, I'll be able to tell you if the towers are in the right spots, or if we are going to need to move them."

After the first ten minutes are up, she came back on the line.

"These scans are amazing. Look at that detail. Wait, hang on, let me send it to you..."

In moments, your comm units and datapads pinged with the transmission request. A few moments later and you got your first look inside the structure.

Slowly the three scanning towers begin to construct an image of the Big Mina Plateau on the screen. Forsaken Canyon, the cliffside, and the dry riverbed all come into focus, along with many other terrain features over many square miles. But the image also goes down into the ground, and as temperature, seismic activity, and other geological readings begin to light up on the screen, Mora’s voice becomes more and more excited.

“This is wonderful. You’ve saved us years of work! I can’t believe some of these readings. Wait... is that right? That doesn’t make sense. These tunnels look like some kind of... respiration network? And the composition of the plateau... that mineral doesn’t appear naturally on this planet. Is this whole area some kind of... transplant? Mara audibly consults with several puzzled scientists in the background. The scan concludes, showing deep below the surface of the planet where a network of narrow tunnels come together to form a large chamber filled with a crystalline object. Mora’s face appears in a small window of the screen.

“According to these readings, that crystal is giving off an incredible amount of heat. And all the tunnels we’ve found—like the one at the dry riverbed where you put up one of the towers—converge at that spot. Starfinders, I can’t believe I’m staying this, but I think this entire plateau is one enormous, living creature that migrated here from another world. Big Mina is alive!”

"Look, you've got to go down there and take some samples. This is huge! See if you can get some samples at different places within the tunnel network. If this thing is living, then it might be growing. If we can get an idea of how fast it is growing, then maybe we can learn a few more things about it. Can you do that? There were grapplers and plenty of cable on the vehicles you took, so it shouldn't be too difficult to pop in there, get some samples, and come back out."

Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Sunshine blinks. "So I was right. It is a giant monster. I thought I'd be more excited, but that still leaves us standing on top of a giant monster. Guess we go down inside the monster now. 'Cause those other monsters weren't monstrous enough."

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

OP-1 presses the send button on the communicator

"Just to confirm; you want us to _enter_ a gigantic alien and poke it with sharp objects and remove bits of it?"

OP-1 glances at the rest of the party as he hits the mute button

"Does anyone else see a problem with this?'

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

Hef thinks for a bit as the news settles in. "Well, for one we know very little about it and this is probably the best way to learn more. We don't know if it is sentient or not. We don't know if sentient, if it is malicious. But either way, it very likely presents a risk to this planet and possibly all of the pact worlds. I won't go as far as to say it is a monster, but I'm all for getting more information for the scientists so we can make a guided decision."

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik shrugs "I once had to climb into a starship's missile tubes to clean them. This feels a bit like that."

Wayfinders

Male NG kasatha priest soldier (phrenic adept) of Weydan 4 | SP 32 HP 32 | RP 5 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Psychokinetic hand, 3/day | limited telepathy (Common, Kasatha, Akitonian, Castrovelian)

Very few have had the opportunity to explore the inside of a living being. Let's do it.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

"I knew you were right, Sunshine! How could it have been anything else?" Azara comments as the true nature of Big Mina is revealed.

"It seems that the name given to it is appropriate. Hopefully it can retain it once we determine why it is here."

He shrugs at OP-1's trepidation. "How many tiny organisms are inside each of us right now poking us with sharp objects and removing parts of us? Hopefully it will take no more notice of us than the bacteria within us."

Acquisitives

Android Operative 4 SP 24/24; HP 28/28 | RP 5/6 EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9(+2 vs traps and free check within 10 ft)

At Azara's response OP-1 get's sudden flashbacks about viruses wrecking bodies with their horrible diseases ranging from stomach issues to bleeding nostrils before taking a gulp of air

"If we are doing this, let's do it fast before I loose my nerve"

Exo-Guardians

Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Sarenrae 3 | SP 24/24 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15| F/R/W +2+4/+2/+7 (+4 Toughness Stuff, +1 or 2 vs. Fear) | Init: +1| Perc: +10, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 4/4 | Active conditions: MK 2 Ring of Resistance (fort), Bodyguard, Life Bubble 24 hrs, Cold Weather Gear

Hef requests the use of one of the bone cestuses if no one else is clamoring for them. He slips it into his pack and then goes to collect the grappling equipment and cables to start the process of running it all together for their spelunking.

Stats like an Austere Bone Cestus?


SFS Signup sheet

@Hef - yes.

The scans revealed the nearest tunnel entrance, and you moved into it cautiously. The tunnel wasn't moist, or filled with teeth. In fact, it seemed like the surface above - a hard carapace in natural shapes and contours. You did notice the temperature rising as you entered the tunnel. Your armor's environmental protections should be sufficient to counteract the heat, as long as it didn't rise too much.

For the most part, the tunnels are about five feet high and as wide, with the descent no more than 20 degrees or so. At the few parts you came to with a steeper grade, you were able to use the cables and grapplers to safely navigate the obstacle.

That all ended when you came to a 10-foot wide shaft leading downward. According to the scans, it was the most direct route to the core, your goal. On your screens, the shaft looked to be about 80 feet deep, staying about the same width all the way down. The shaft appeared to be lined with the same calcified material as the rest of the plateau, though here it seemed more lumpy and smooth.

Perception DC 24:

Behind the walls of the shaft, you can see something moving slowly, as if living material. The bumps have small holes in them, looking like nozzles as you focus on them. Perhaps whatever is behind the walls sprays something from the nozzles?

How do you wish to proceed?

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik examines the shaft and the route as they travel looking for signs of... well... anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

151 to 200 of 275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] GM Bigrin's Table 2 - It Rests Beneath Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.