DM Ithe's Crypt of the Everflame!

Game Master Ithe

Young Adventurers set out to recover the Everflame.

Map of Kassen/Nirmathas
Trail Map


801 to 840 of 840 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Galin, from the hallway spots a pile of bones up next to the wheel. It isn't moving...yet!

I'll say this happens before Torian gets to far into the room, so you can react to that information assuming Galin shares it. Also, I'll have Dart move with you and through out a perception.

Dart Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Dart doesn't spot anything of note in the room.


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

"Something is fishy with the bones, watch out."


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

Torian stops and looks over at the bone pile Galin pointed out, sighing. Great... more bones... how many more bones are in this tomb.

Readying his axe, the dwarf takes up a defensive stance between the bones and the other party members. "Iffen' 'hat pile tries t' get up, Eye'ma goin' t' charge it."

Ready action: charge attack on bones if they turn out to be more than just bones.


Male Unrogue HP:19 |AC: 17 | CMD:17 | Fort: +2 | Ref:+7| Will: +3 | Init:+6| perception +10

Dart looks to the ring and smirks, Well thats nifty, I'll slide it on for now, unless anyone needs it... Galin? He asks hesitantly at the end.

Anyone particularly want the ring? I suppose it may be helpful for Galin, though I doubt it would "really" help Torian swim. haha. IC he Dart likes to keep trinkets of value. OOC IDC really.

--

At the sight of the bones dart shrugs.

I didn't see anything, but... here. This might work. Ready? He picks up a small piece of debris and, once everyone is ready, tosses it down near the bone pile. [/b]


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Dart finds a loose stone that he can toss at the pile and gives it a throw in the general direction of the bones. It clanks to the floor right next to the pile and for a split second, nothing happens...Then the pile begins to shift and move. It coalesces into a humanoid skeleton holding a dented and dinged scimitar. As it begins to raise up, Torian charges at it with his axe and takes a huge swing at it, churning through the water with all his speed and his axe swing manages to cut a couple of the ribs off.

Rolls:
Dart Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Galin Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Isabella Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Torian Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Just realized I've been using the wrong Initiative for Torian since we are underground, sorry
Skeletons Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Torian's Charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 20
Torian's Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 - 5 = 2

When Torian charges through the water, more skeletal figures, covered in algae raise up out of the water all around the room.

I let Torian have a surprise round for his readied action, so now its initiative. Also, I assumed Galin's flag was active. Yellow skeleton has 2 damage.

Initiave blocks; Galin & Isabella, Skeletons, Party

Skeletons have 16 AC, 4 HP and 5 DR/Bludgeoning


Female Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 16 (T: 12, FF: 14)| Saves: F:+2, R:+2, W:+3 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | BAB: +1, CMB: 0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +0 | Spells: (1st) 2/5

"Where did they all come from?!" Isabella had seen one skeleton. One. Singular. Now there were six?

She quickly chants a spell, covering herself with a shimmering force. Then she, reluctantly, steps into the room.

Casting Mage Armor and moving. Isabella is a bit too far away to do anything else right now.


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

Galin moves toward the center of the room, and says a quick prayer, channel energy.

damage dc 13 will: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Because it is difficult terrain, Galin can't move that far into the room, but where I stopped you, you can still reach all the skeletons.

Will saves:
Will save R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Will save Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Will save B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Will save Pu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Will save Pi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Will save O: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Will save ???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Will save ???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Galin's holy symbol flares with light and the skeletons all glow with a faint light as well. 4 of them burst apart and clatter to the floor, while 2 of them flinch and shards come off the bones but they remain in mostly intact. Dart notices that there seems to be some very faint light came from the water right in front of Isabella at the same time and then a few seconds later, bubbles break the surface at about the same spot as well as across the room (Basically, at the 2 ends of the teal line across the room).

The 2 remaining skeletons surround Torian, one with scimitar and claw, the other with just a clawed hand.

Attack (Scimitar)+Flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage (scimitar): 1d6 ⇒ 1
Attack (claw)+Flanking: 1d20 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) - 3 + 2 = 15
Attack (claw)+Flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17
claw (damage): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The one claws can't find purchase, but the other rakes across Torian's face and the awful looking scimitar manages to find a chink in Torian's armor and lightly scrape him. Torian takes 6 damage...

Party is up


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

@ DM:

Is that factoring in Torian's Adamantine DR 1 from Heartstone?

Turning to the skeleton that is in between him and Dart (blue) Torian raises his axe up in an arc attempting to cleave the creature in half.

Melee Attack (Dwarven Waraxe, Flanking, Banner): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 15

The blow come up just short of connecting, however, as blood from his claw wound blurs his vision just enough to throw off his aim.


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Torian:
Nope, give yourself back 2 HP

Im going to assume Dart will post shortly that he is moving into position flanking the skeleton.

Dart moves toward the skeleton to flank with Torian, but as he steps past Isabella and Galin, he steps forward and starts to fall into a pit that was obscured by the water but he manages to fall backward and keep himself out of the pit. The fast movements of Dart near the edge of the pit disturbs the water enough that the outline of the pit is visible for a brief second.

Dart Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Pit should be outlined shortly in the map. Dart loses 5ft of movement


Female Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 16 (T: 12, FF: 14)| Saves: F:+2, R:+2, W:+3 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | BAB: +1, CMB: 0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +0 | Spells: (1st) 2/5

"Dart?" Isabella is momentarily confused by his sudden stumble, then glances down and realizes just what she's on the edge of and takes several steps back. "Oh. I guess that explains where the skeletons were hiding."

Speaking of skeletons, there's still two alive. Isabella grins as she realizes she'll finally be able to use that new cantrip she's been working on. A ray of light leaves her hand to hit the skeleton just behind Torian.

Ranged Touch, Flagbearer, Melee Penalty: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 5
Positive Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

...Or not.

"Sorry, I was trying to hit the skeleton. At least it can't hurt you?"

Moving and casting Disrupt Undead.


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

Would you have to take melee penalties on that attack? I thought that only applied if you cared about not hitting your friends, and no one of your friends would be affected by that spell.


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Hmm,i'm tempted to allow that, but luckily, or unluckily, I don't have to decide yet because it wouldn't hit anyway. Touch AC of 12.


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

Galin calls on the acolyte to attack again with mace in hand.

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

the attack fails to hit home.


Male Unrogue HP:19 |AC: 17 | CMD:17 | Fort: +2 | Ref:+7| Will: +3 | Init:+6| perception +10

Well here goes nothing! Dart shouts to the others before taking a deep breath and swimming to Torian's aid.

swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

he lashes out at the moss of bones with his blades, but the water and wet leather seems to slow his movements more than he had anticipated.

attack,rapier: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (1) = 7

attack,dagger: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (6) = 10


Female Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 16 (T: 12, FF: 14)| Saves: F:+2, R:+2, W:+3 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | BAB: +1, CMB: 0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +0 | Spells: (1st) 2/5

Arguing against myself here, but I don't see anything in the rules that would remove the -4 penalty. Whether Disrupt Undead can hurt a party member or not doesn't matter; I'm still trying to hit the enemy rather than them.


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

You all become a little disheartened as none of you manage to land a hit on the skeletons.

Attack (claw) + flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
Attack (claw) + flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
Attack (scimitar) + flanking: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage (Claw): 1d4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 1 = 4
Damage (Claw): 1d4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 1 = 4

The skeleton with the scimitar just can't land a damaging blow on the stout armored dwarf, but the other skeleton with its sharp claws digs into Torian's tough skin where ever it can find purchase. 8 damage (DR included)


Female Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 16 (T: 12, FF: 14)| Saves: F:+2, R:+2, W:+3 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | BAB: +1, CMB: 0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +0 | Spells: (1st) 2/5

"Torian!" Isabella cries out as Torian takes several vicious hits from the skeleton's claws. They can't seem to hit the skeletons, but they are most definitely hitting them. Her spells have been useless, and the others keep getting hurt while she stands helplessly by...

Her eyes narrow. No. Not anymore.

She takes a deep breath, carefully lining up the shot in her head. At the moment the skeleton rears back for another strike, she fires.

Ranged Touch, Flagbearer, Melee Penalty: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 19
Positive Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 14
Positive Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Casting Disrupt Undead at Red, who I suspect is now very, very dead.


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Oh yes, so dead

Isabella's despair at her previous ineffectiveness drops away as she focuses, points her hand at the vicious skeleton and what looks like a beam of warm yellowish light connects her hand to the skeleton and it blasts backward away from isabella, into pieces.


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

Galin tries to hit the final skeleton

1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

but to no effect, when the mace returns to his hand Galin cries out, "Torian," but to far less effect than with Isabella.


Male Unrogue HP:19 |AC: 17 | CMD:17 | Fort: +2 | Ref:+7| Will: +3 | Init:+6| perception +10

shortsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (3) = 10

dagger: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 23
damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (1) = 7

Dart lays into the skeleton in front of him, trying the best he can to use the flat of his blade to pop bones out of place.


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

That puts me at 11 HP.

Torian grumbles in pain as the claws again find their marks. Swinging at the one in between himself and Dart once more, he is unable to put enough force into the blow to do any real damage.

Melee (Waraxe): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 So with the DR that does nothing... I am so taking the feat that allows you to alter a weapon type's damage at 3...


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

The last skeleton crumples to the ground as Dart's dagger and sword pop bones off left and right. Finally, the skeletons all lay on the ground. All of them have extreme burns from Galin's surge of energy.

The rusty wheel juts from the wall, orange-red corrosion all over it.


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

Torian slumps against the haft of his axe after burying the head into the dust of the final skeleton. Breathing heavily, the dwarf gives the group a weary smile.

"Naugh gotten' ... thi' much'o'a werk out.... since th' las' time ... me Pa 'ad me werken' ... a' th' forge."

Nodding thanks to Dart, he looks over at the wheel. "Wha' ye be... thinkin' tha' rust magnet... be 'ere fer?"

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

Galin pulls out the wand and uses it on Torian to help recover from the fight, "Glad you are here Torian, you stand to those assaults far better than us!"

clw x 3: 1d8 + 2 + 1d8 + 2 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (8) + 2 + (6) + 2 = 22


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Torian looks the wheel over, it looks like it has chains connected to it that run into the wall As it turns, it winds up the chain so something must be connected to it after it runs into the wall. A tentative push on it doesn't seem to budge it.


Female Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 16 (T: 12, FF: 14)| Saves: F:+2, R:+2, W:+3 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | BAB: +1, CMB: 0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +0 | Spells: (1st) 2/5

Isabella lowers her hands, still shaking slightly. She spends a few moments calming herself down while Galin takes care of healing Torian's injuries.

"Well. That was...exciting." She smiles, though it's obvious her heart isn't in it. "Galin's right, it's a good thing you're here. That we're all here, really. We wouldn't have gotten this far without Dart finding all the traps before we triggered them, or Galin being able to heal any injuries we receive."

She joins the group at the wheel, (carefully avoiding the watery pits on either side). "Do you think it's just rusty? I've got some oil if that would help."


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Whats our next move?


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

Torian nods gratefully as the healing energies wash over him, the wounds of the past few rooms closing and healing before his eyes.

That put Torian back to full, thanks Galin.

He takes a look at the wheel. "Cou'd be rusten', lemme see if a good solid pushel' get 'er goin'. Iffen' naugh, then we use th' oils."

With that Torian attempts to push the wheel in the direction it seems it should go.

STR check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

He starts out with a moderate force, not wanting to break the device by accident.


Male Unrogue HP:19 |AC: 17 | CMD:17 | Fort: +2 | Ref:+7| Will: +3 | Init:+6| perception +10

well yeah, we're a team ya know? guiding our sweet princess to her destination. Not that she necessarily needs it mind. he gives a mockery of a bow with his blades still unsheathed.

he moves over to look at the rusted object.
hmmm I've been reading about a spell that, maybe could have fixed. Unfortunately, I can't really do that one.. I only just mastered a fun one for me... man, wish I was level 3 with bookish rogue feat now. haha. he studies it, trying to determine any purpose it may have had.

know.engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Torian strains, his muscles bulging as he tries to turn the wheel. It doesn’t look like he will manage, but he gives one last burst of strength and it breaks loose. It is by no means easy to turn, but it can be done.

While Torian displays his strength, Dart stands next to him, oblivious, while he inspects the chains and wheel. It looks like the chain is slack, and when Torian manages to turn it, it tightens and begins to wind up. It is probably lifting something at another location in the crypt.


Female Human Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC: 16 (T: 12, FF: 14)| Saves: F:+2, R:+2, W:+3 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | BAB: +1, CMB: 0, CMD: +12, | Init: +6 | Perc. +0 | Spells: (1st) 2/5

Isabella smiles as the wheel starts turning. "Oh good, it seems like it still works after all. If the inscription had the right of it, that should open up a path somewhere to the west. Shall we go there and check it out?"


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

"Onward! I'll have more trouble making contact with my mace, but I still have some magic left in me."


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

Finally getting the chains rolling, so to speak, Torian gives a small laugh. Hearing that this might make things easier to access elsewhere, Torian keeps turning until the wheel cannot turn further.

Does the wheel start turning back the other way upon his finishing? If so, is there a locking mechanism of some kind?


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

Torian keeps turning the wheel. As it turns, you can hear it ratchet and it doesn't turn the other way. Dart points out a lever on the wall nearby that probably loosens it so it can be returned to its previous position. It takes a minute or two but the wheel finally reaches the point at which it won't turn anymore.


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

"Oh, cool, good spot Dart."

Galin walks up and checks the lever before pulling.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male | Lay on Hands 1/1 | Stonestrike 0/1 | DR adamantine 1 | Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 30/30 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Init +1 / +3 (underground) | Perc +2 / +4 (to notice unusual stonework)

Galin, you realize that probably will undo all the turning I just did, right?


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

You guys go ahead and work that out before we move on.


cleric Gnome level 2 [Init+0 | Per:+5 | SM:+3 | F:+3 R:+0 W:+5 | AC: 15 (T:11 FF:15 ) | CMD:9 | Speed:20ft | HP:17; spells lvl 1: 2+1] Low Light Vision | Channel 1/5 | Acolyte 2/6

oh misunderstood, I thought it would lock in place, lets assume Galin understood better than I did.


Location: Trail | Time : Neth 6th, Noon | Map: Crypt Map

I'll assume you head back to the circular chamber at the bottom of the stairs and take the next path.

The corridor to the west opens up into a winding catacomb. Walking down the hall, the smell of rot grows stronger and stronger. The walls are skillfully carved with deep recesses where bodies might have once lain. All that remains now are cobwebs, dust, and the tattered remains of ancient clothing. The stench of rotting flesh is overpowering here, but the source is not evident.

The structures in the middle of the room are ceiling length walls with alcoves obviously meant for bodies. Whether they were occupied or not is unclear.

801 to 840 of 840 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Ithe's Crypt of the Everflame! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.