Game Master S's "To Conquer the Dragon" (Table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Handouts | Tactical Map

Quickpost:

Initiative:
[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]


1 to 50 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Electronic sig goes here

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

/dot


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

A holographic display shows the inky void filled with twinkling stars and the lingering forms of starships outside Absalom Station. The images then zooms in from the outside-station view, transitioning to focus on the Society’s private docks, which are abuzz with activity as technicians, suppliers, and contractors perform repairs and prepare Starfinder vessels for departure. Venture-Captain Naiaj finishes her interactions with the hologram, making concise finger motions to provide orders to the dock workers and docked Society starships.

As Naiaj finishes with a few last details, she waves a greeting from her side of the meeting table. “The Triaxus team. Excellent. I’ve transmitted a briefing to your comms, but I’ll summarize. The Society has recently finished renovation of an old building to construct a new lodge in Cumo, a trade port on the Pact World of Triaxus. The endeavor took significant negotiation and the opening ceremony will involve some festivities to celebrate the accomplishment. The lodge curator, a personal friend named Zafeldrin, asked for experienced agents to impress several local representatives. I’m told that it should be a quick meet and greet mission. So undoubtedly, either a war’s going to break out or some unexpected disaster is going to happen and I’d like to have some agents I trust on the field when that happens."

“You’re going there to help ensure sure this opening goes as smoothly as possible. Help Zafeldrin as the situation permits but keeping the lodge safe and secure is your top priority. Triaxus has numerous factions that oppose one another and while we’ve made friends with some, others may perceive the Society as a threat. I’ve requisitioned some additional medical supplies for your group should aggressive negotiations prove necessary.”

The venture-captain gestures out toward two vessels highlighted in the holographic image of the Society docks. “The Society’s also using this opportunity to show off its starships. The Drake’s superior hull and shielding mean you’re more likely to bring it back to me in one piece, but I’ve authorized you to use the Pegasus if you think emphasizing the Society’s exploratory efforts would make a better impression. If any of you have access to other hull types, now would also be an excellent opportunity to show them off.”

Naiaj glances at a blinking light on her data pad. “I have to deal with some last minute supply issues. I’ll have to keep this quick. Review your briefing and choose your starship. I expect an assessment of likely mission hazards and justification of your starship choice when I’m done.”

Now is a good time to slot boons, choose a starship and roles, and in the Discussion tab, we'll figure out subtier.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

A tall android (about 6'4", or 190 cm for people who use metric) with blue/grey tattoos on one side if his face walks in wearing a nice suit and a clean doctors coat. He proceeds to sit at the meeting table, pulling his personal comp out and quickly types the information Naiaj gives as she talks, only stopping very briefly to look over the briefing that was sent via comms.

Smiling at when Naiaj mentions that war will break out or unexpected disaster will happen, as Dr. Kuong so far has never had a boring mission.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Android Technomancer 7 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 42/42 |HP 40/40 | RPS 9/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +5 | Init +3, Perception +0 | spells 3rd 3/3 2nd 5/5 | 1st lvl 5/5
Skills:
Computers +20, Culture +13, Engineering +16, Life Science +16, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +17, Piloting +14, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +14
Active conditions: none

"Greetings, I am ..." begins a voice, having removed the hood of his black cloak to reveal a face of pale, bluish skin and glistening circuits. The android pauses for a moment, as if considering his words, then simply concludes, "Sev."

"What can you tell us of the histories of the Drakelands and the Allied Territories?" he inquires. "As for precautions against the cold, what measures do you suggest beyond the environmental seals of our armor?"

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

The space-jock flashes her mirthful grin at the suggestion that things may descend into chaos.

A pair of hip holstered semiautomatics feature mother of pearl grips inlaid with a pair of dice showing the 'one' pip, and the handle of a combat knife protrudes from the shoulder straps of her functional looking tacti-cool backpack. Her graphite coloured bodysuit appears to be carbon skin with depictions of vipers on it in darker tones.

"If there's to be trouble then the Drake is probably the pick. If we emphasise the exploratory efforts then the impression we might make is that we aren't up for the fight"

"What can you tell us about Zafeldrin? And who are the likely factions or actors who may have an interest in crashing the party?'

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

Bugface makes a suggestion telepathically, {Bugface has always liked the Drake. It makes very satisfying explosions. Bugface is open to other ships though.

{Sev! Viper! So good to see you again.} Bugface points to their back and the new holes in their armor that allows a pair of wings to pass through. {Check this out! Is that not fantastic?}

Besides the new wings Bugface grew somehow, Bugface is a typical looking shirren. Well that and the mechanical left arm. Bugface looks ready for a fight in heavy armor along with several weapons strapped to it.


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"You mission is entirely within a climate controlled settlement, so it shouldn't be an issue. Environmental seals should be plenty in the event you go offsite for some reason. We can tell you a lot about them, but you can also look them up." the last part is given with a bit of frustration, as if the Venture-Captain is a teacher and students are asking the answers.

Indeed, however, you might already know some pertinent information Culture or Diplomacy (Gather Information)

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

Dr. Kuong looks up as the group starts to discuss ships. Clearing his throat, he says" I might have an alternative ship. While it is not as 'elegant' as the Pegasus, it does have more firepower than it. And it is far larger than even the Drake in size. I do wish it had missiles though. I was on a mission to Eox, and well, we 'acquired' an Eoxian bone ship. Specifically a Crypt Warden. I believe it was named 'White Shard'. If you all would like to look at the spec?"[b] With that Dr. Kuong sends the specs to all of the group via their comms.

[b]"Oh, excuse my rudeness. My name is Dr. William Kuong, though friends usually call me Doctor, or Kuong. I teach here at the Lorespire First Aide, and even higher level medical classes for those who need to understand how to fix the living body. I am also a bit of a chemist, and make my own special blend of acid darts for my rifle. Besides my specialities, I am a fair decent hacker, engineer and even big game hunter." With that he nudges the duffel bag on the ground next to him.

"Naiaj, the mission brief says we are also having visitors, do we have a guest list of people coming? This might help us know whom best to keep an eye on?"


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"I bet it would. As I mentioned, Zafeldrin is a friend and a good agent he hasn't given me any information on specific guests, but I suspect he'll give you that information when you arrive."

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

Culture 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Viper tries to recall anything relevant...


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Viper actually recently read up on Triaxus. Triaxus is known as "the Wanderer" because of its irregular and eccentric orbit. The planet experiences decades-long summers and winters as it travels from the inner to the outer regions of the Golarion system and back. A full cycle takes 317 Pact Standard years. Triaxian culture is largely defined by the long conflict between the dragons of the Drakelands and the humanoids of the Allied Territories. Between them is the Skyfire Mandate, home to the famous mercenary company, the Skyfire Legion. The trade port of Cumo sits on a river delta on the southern shore of the Mandate on the Sephorian Sea.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Android Technomancer 7 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 42/42 |HP 40/40 | RPS 9/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +5 | Init +3, Perception +0 | spells 3rd 3/3 2nd 5/5 | 1st lvl 5/5
Skills:
Computers +20, Culture +13, Engineering +16, Life Science +16, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +17, Piloting +14, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +14
Active conditions: none

Sev seems almost pleased to see Bugface and Viper 6. However, if the android is aware of the Venture-Captain's frustration, he fails to show it.

Conducting a thorough search of his internal data storage, the android considers whether he has any more pertinent information regarding Triaxus.

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

When a Starfinder unknown to him makes introductions and offers an alternative source of transport and defense, the android responds, "Greetings, 'Doctor or Kuong'. This, 'White Shard', to which you refer, would appear to be adequate transport. However, in my experience, I have found that Eoxian vessels, as they are constructed for the undead, provide few of the comforts and necessities required by most biological species. My technoframe is sufficient to endure most routine hazards of unprotected space travel, but you and Bugface may not be."


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Sev+ adds a bit more knowledge, The conflict between the dragons and the humanoids has cooled since interplanetary travel became possible, but some of the dragon-led dragoncorps still look to expand their territory and sow spies and sleeper agents throughout the Allied Territories and the Skyfire Mandate. The Parapet Mountains stretch along the Skyfire Mandate and serve as a natural barrier to the Drakelands. Abandoned Dragon Legion outposts lie within the twisting passes, unclaimed due to rumors of haunts and curses. While the new lodge is likely to dispatch agents to explore these mountains, only the most experienced can survive such a treacherous region. The dragoncorp Frozen Trove recently came into conflict with the Starfinder Society and worked behind the scenes to block the construction of the new lodge. Frozen Trove operates under the direction of a white dragon CEO named Aralydio as well as other dragons that occupy leadership roles in the corporation.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

Sev Dr. Kuong is also an android. He just has been one of those androids that have had a renewal, and has more integrated to the 'humanity' side of his personality

Culture: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Dr. Kuong thinks back on all the astronomical conferences he has sat in on, seeing if there is any additional information he might impart.

"Kuong will be fine, Sev. And while I believe that most Eoxian vessels often don't have things like life support, this one has been loaned to the Society, so I am not 100% certain if it has been retrofitted or not. It might have life support in the crew cabins at least, and if they don't the biologicals that need such thing as atmosphere can be in their suits--though they might need to be recharged.'

GM, the boon has no say one way or another if they have atmosphere. One of the many issues I have had with 'loaned starship' boons. Your call.

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

An ysoki dressed in extravagant looking clothes shows up. "Yo, babes." he says, "Name's Lucius, and fix things. Anything. Computers, engines, gadgets, people. All the same, Lucius can fix 'em all up just right. A little duct tape, a little wire, its all good.

"Hey, Naiaj, been a while!" The team can see the bleechling gnome roll her eyes at the flamboyant ysoki. "Guess you needed some technical help on this one, eh?"

When he hears about the ships, he says, "Yeah, Lucius is a very helpful rat in a starship. I can man any station, so all y'awl pick what you do best. I've been a pilot, gunner, and an engineer. I'd be amazing as a science officer as well. And you ain't seen such a pretty captain as Lucius, neither!

"Plus, I got a line on some nuclear weapons. Lucius knows people, you know?"

Considering what Naiaj has said, he asks, "So, what kind of medical supplies you sending us with? And what is the deal if we don't need to use 'em all? And what sort of threats should we expect? Lucius is more of a lover than a fighter, you know!"

Acquisitives

Male Damaya Lashunta | SP 49 HP 39 | RP 7 | EAC 18 KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perc +10 Technomancer/7

Greetings Starfinders, it is all very nice to meet you. And Doctor it'll be a pleasure working with you again. It looks like you've acquired yourself a new ship since we last met. Sounds very promising though yes I'd hope I wouldn't need to wear my environmental suit the whole time.

I def cannot beat those rolls so I have no further questions

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

"Jasper, glad to see you again. And yeah, I seemed to have impressed an Eoxian Ambassador, and he told me if I wanted to use one, he would allow the Society to use one of his ships. On if you will have to wear your environmental suit, well we will have to find out."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

Bugface walks over to Lucius. {Oooh. You can fix people with duct tape? Bugface must see your work.}

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Yo, Buggie!" says Lucius. "It is pretty damned amazing! I can barely believe it myself. But, you know... people, starships, computers, dey pretty much da' same thing. All tempremental, and complain when you try and patch 'em up!"

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

Dr. Kuong hears somebody mention fixing with duct tape and wanders over to add further,"Duct tape works well for holding a persons insides in--as long as you have enough duct tape that is. Super Glue I have found works well on smaller issues, especially for those nasty slices and cuts from melee weapons. Amazing all the items you can use to in field medicine that people do not think about normally."


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Dr. William Kuong confirms the information, but has nothing more to add.

I'll grant it an atmosphere, otherwise the boon will never see use.

With questions completed, it's time to head out. When you arrive at the docking station it looks like the reason she didn't say no is because there's only one ship ready to fly. The dock is abuzz with other activity and after confirming the flight plan, you're cleared for take off.

Duration: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Days

About 2 days into the 4 day journey, your path crosses an Idaran Vanserai class starship. Named The Void Scholar, it seems to be adrift...

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

Bugface takes the Engineering station on the Strange Eoxian ship. {Bugface likes this ascetic.}

Bugface tries to move some power over to the scanners as they come across the Void Scholar.

Engineering Divert: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Lucius flips on the communications suite, and attempts to make contact with The Void Scholar. "Yo! Void Scholar! This is Captain Lucius Vizzini of the 'White Shard', hailing from the Starfinder Society on a mission of peace and exploration!" says Lucius over the comm. "Please respond, if able!"

As he is doing this, he casually adjusts the sensors to get a better look a the ship. Cannot fail to aid another

Acquisitives

Male Damaya Lashunta | SP 49 HP 39 | RP 7 | EAC 18 KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perc +10 Technomancer/7

With power being diverted from Bugface and aid from the Captain, Jasper will press a few keys on his console to start scanning the ship.

Scan Ship: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 35

Are there any other bonuses? I have my Computers bonus, the Ship's bonus from the Discussions tab, Bugface's Divert bonus, and the Captain's aid


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Upon being scanned the ship hails you. The ship’s captain, a kasatha named Kahir, responds to the scan. "Greetings. We're fine down here. We're currently analyzing data collected from a stellar phenomenon forming in Near space to help coordinate a good place to transition in from the Drift. The event is a cosmic anomaly, similar in nature to the energies wielded by solarians, and, well, the rest is boring. Now worries here. We're good."

Indeed the scan actually shows that the ship is outfitted with a variety of sensors, and the manifest checks out on the Infosphere.

It's the only distraction in an otherwise boring trip. At least there's plenty of time to get to know everyone else on the mission...


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Once you arrive at Triaxis, you're given clearance to land right away.

The settlement’s position near the equator keeps Cumo relatively temperate. Surface vessels sail up the river delta and out into the Sephorian Sea, while starship traffic regularly launches from the docks. A labyrinthine market twists in knots around the center of town and bustles with eager crowds. Unassuming doorways open to those in the know and conceal businesses offering all manner of illicit goods and services. Skyfire Legionnaires are a frequent sight, gathering for deployment at the docks or bartering at the markets while off duty. Sky bridges and landing perches for dragons and dragonkin are common as the open market ascends terraces to building rooftops five stories above the street.

It appears your docking fees have already been covered, but there's no sign of your contact, Zafeldrin. Instead a spaceshoreman approaches and hands you a brass cylinder and tells you that he was instructed to give this to Starfinders arriving today...

The brass cylinder has two compartments, each filled with metal shards.

Physical Sciences DC 27:

You notice that the metals inside are all base elements and their atomic values correspond to a nearby latitude and longitude: the location of the lodge.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Android Technomancer 7 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 42/42 |HP 40/40 | RPS 9/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +5 | Init +3, Perception +0 | spells 3rd 3/3 2nd 5/5 | 1st lvl 5/5
Skills:
Computers +20, Culture +13, Engineering +16, Life Science +16, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +17, Piloting +14, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +14
Active conditions: none

Physical Science: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

"It is a most unusual communication," notes Sev, "but, I believe we have been given the coordinates of the lodge."

Looking around the android notes several viable means of transportation. "It would appear by the nature of the message, that the location of the lodge should, perhaps, remain a matter of discretion. However, I cannot ascertain whether, on this planet,travel by draconic mount would be like to be more conspicuous or less."

Sev cocks his head for a moment, then asks, "Any suggests as to a mode of travel?"

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

culture to recall proper modes of travel: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

"So, as it happens," starts Lucius, "I once knew this babe from Triaxus. Told me she was a dragon-rider, but I understood that they bonded for life, or some such thing. Now, she was a mighty fine looker, and had the legs of a dragon rider, if you know what I mean..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

{How far to the lodge? Is walking an option?}

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Yeah this is a bit strange, may just be some strange local custom"

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

Physical Science: 1d2 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Idly looking at the canister, Dr. Kuong doesn't see anything of major interest. If Sev says it has the coordinates Dr. Kuong believes him

"Unless it is over 30 minutes out, maybe it is best to walk? That way we don't randomly give our location out to the digital superhighway? Sev, how long do you think it would take us just to travel by foot to the coordinates?"


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Sev+ quickly works through the puzzle. Given coordinates, finding the lodge should be a snap.

And indeed it is. The new lodge curls around the top of a notable hill at the edge of Cumo like a skeletal wyrm clutching a diamond. A series of freshly renovated structures form a half circle around a grown crystal dome enclosure. The outer buildings crawl with communications equipment, humming power coils, and steaming computer-cooling systems. The dome holds a biome from another world, a multi-tiered summer oasis in the midst of the chill Triaxian winter. Walkways wind through patios and past fountains to lounging areas for secluded conversation. A large platform sits prominently near the top of the dome, nestled in an array of holographic data displays.

The lodge maintenance staff recognizes you as you approach and directs you to the dome where Zafeldrin, the young adult brass dragon, sits on a perch near the top of the dome. He flies down and eagerly welcomes you to White Sands Lodge. Zafeldrin has an exuberant, inquisitive manner, which is obvious as soon as he begins to speak, "Welcome! Welcome! I must say, you look like an impressive lot! Come in. Tell me all about yourselves!"

He stretches his long neck a bit. You get the feeling that he's looking at you like a scientist examines a specimen.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

Dr. Kuong looks at the young brass dragon like a scientist (which he is) examining a specimen, or patient.

Life Science: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 -5 to the DC because of Xenobiology specialization of Scholar
Life Science (using Scholar's Tip of the Tongue): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33 -5 to the DC because of Xenobiology specialization of Scholar

"My, what a wonderful creature you are Zafeldrin. I have not met one of your kind yet, and I am VERY glad to meet your acquaintance. My name is Dr. William Kuong, a physician that works for the Starfinder Society, with a specialization of xenobiology. If we have any free time while we are here, I would absolutely love to do a quick examination of you, if you would be willing?"

It is pretty obvious that Dr. Kuong is very excited to meet another race he hasn't yet had time to examine, both culturally and physiology.

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Viper-6, Starfinder, Pilot... fast reflexes and faster mouth. Anything particular you want to know?"

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Yo, babe, name's Lucius." says the ysoki fixer. "I am a fixer. Means I fix things, right? I fix starships, computers, gadgets, people. All the same... just a little this and that and everything is alright again.

"So, yeah, if there a problem to be solved.. fixed, even, I'm your rat!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Android Technomancer 7 (Scholar Theme) | N | SP 42/42 |HP 40/40 | RPS 9/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +5 | Init +3, Perception +0 | spells 3rd 3/3 2nd 5/5 | 1st lvl 5/5
Skills:
Computers +20, Culture +13, Engineering +16, Life Science +16, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +17, Piloting +14, Sense Motive -2, Sleight of Hand +14
Active conditions: none

"Greetings. I am 7019090072452414749257838637412586730286754309." notes Sev, assuming, given their penchant for titles and the lifespans of dragons, that Zafeldrin would, unlike many other sentients, prefer he use his full designation.

"The integrated soul of this unit is at least the thirteenth soul to inhabit this techno-frame, which is itself believed to predate the Gap. I am, predominantly, an explorer."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

{This shirren is called Bugface. Technically Bugface's name is Vishkesh but only Host-parent calls Bugface that. Bugface loves seeing new things. Bugface met a dragonkin once, he wasnt very nice; but Bugface hasn't met a bronze dragon before! Dragons are so cool.}

Acquisitives

Male Damaya Lashunta | SP 49 HP 39 | RP 7 | EAC 18 KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perc +10 Technomancer/7

Roger picks his jaw up from the ground, never seeing an adult brass dragon up close before.

He..He...Hello, I'm Jasper. It is a great honor to meet you. We are the Starfinders but you already know that. How can we help you?


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Dr. Kuong examines the young brass dragon, and determines that he is a rather typical specimen for his species.

Zafeldrin listens eagerly to all the introductions (though he decides to stick with Sev+.) Looking around the half-finished preparations for the opening gala, Zafeldrin gives a sheepish grin. “There’s still so much to do! I’ve prepared some material on our guests and current events to help you.” The dragon gestures to a pile of data pads. “I’ll keep working on putting this whole event together while you review the data I’ve prepared.” With that he launches into the air and begins flitting about the dome like a hummingbird from project to project.

The data pads all look similar. Unfortunately, they're all similarly encrypted Computers Check to unlock. It doesn't take you long to figure out that this is another test...

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

Dr. Kuong picks up one to attempt to unlock it.

Computer check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

{Bugface will try this one.}

Computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Lucius takes his datapad, and uses his shiny new datajack to plug into it.
computers to hack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 = 28

He grins as he has fun with the task. 'Gotta be a little careful, or else this datapad will have Abyssalhead on it as well! Aw, who cares!' he thinks.

Acquisitives

Male Damaya Lashunta | SP 49 HP 39 | RP 7 | EAC 18 KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perc +10 Technomancer/7

With his three other comrades already passing the datapad around, Jasper will throw around some comments to help aid them.

Computers Aid: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 6 | SP 33/48 HP 42/42 RP 7/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20| F +7 R +11 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 25 feet | Ammo: 40/40

There's actually a pile of datapads.


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Multiple Starfinders grab pads and crack the countermeasures with relative ease. It's obvious that Zafeldrin is looking on with interest.

The party takes a look at the information hidden in the datapads. It looks like it's a run down on gala attendees.

Zafeldrin swoops down. “I’ve been telling everyone in Cumo about all the amazing discoveries the Starfinders have made lately. I think I might have set their expectations a little high, but that’s why I asked for the best and here you are! Representatives from the Skyfire Legion are coming, along with a few notables from town and some dragoncorp reps.” He cycles through holographic displays of different personnel files, some still flashing with proprietary security warnings from their original sources. “I’ve already managed to pull together a lot of interesting data about regional powers, possible mission sites, and contacts we can pursue. I just need to make a good impression with these power brokers so they give us a shot. Once they see agents like you in action, they’ll be clamoring for our help!”

Exo-Guardians

sp 42 | hp 40 | rp 8 | EAC 20 KAC 21| fort +7 ref +11, will +5 | init +8 | Perc 11 (LL& Dark)/ Android Ghost Operative 6 'Acorn-1' Prof Hireling Life Science +12, Mysticism +12, Physical Science +12

"Let's see how it unfolds then. Can you recommend a good local shopping district? I suppose if this gala is almost upon us there's no time for bespoke and it is strictly prêt-à-porter" Viper ponders for a second "My last gala evening involved an extraordinary amount of gunfire, suppose I need a large handbag again - forget the extra hairbrush, pack a pistol"

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Android scholar mechanic 7 | SP 46/56 HP 46/46 | RP 7/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20, DR 5/Kinetic, Resist Acid:7 | Fort +7; Ref +10; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft, Fly 30ft (jumpjets) | Neural Shunt 1/1 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll used.

"My formal wear kind of got destroyed in the last mission I had. I would much prefer to make sure I have a decent outfit. Unless of course you think we should come more as Armed Starfinders vs. High Society Starfinders."


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Everyone needs an invitation to get in, and the door scanners check for weapons. I really need you to make a good impression with the guests, so I’d prefer you focus on that. But, by all means wear your mission gear! The guests want to meet field agents, so the more rugged and adventurous you look, the better! Of course, you’ll all be allowed to keep your weapons on hand too! Just no discharging into a crowd of people. Oh, and no throwing grenades You've got time to shop, and I can recommend some places. The gala is tomorrow, so shop away."

Wayfinders

CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +3; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"No weapons?" says Lucius. "Not a problem. How good are the sensors?"

1 to 50 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "To Conquer the Dragon" (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.