GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Book One: The Dead Roads

Loot Tracker | Maps and Images


351 to 400 of 920 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara enters the room after everyone else has, sidling up next to Ridill with her nunchaku in hand. She only catches the tail end of Artyom's explanation of the runes.

"...so, I'm just throwing this out there, but if those are binding runes, do you suppose they're keeping this..." She points at the corpse. "...dormant? Or something?"

"I mean, if they're not, and it starts to get up, we'd probably still be fine if we beat it down hard enough."


.

Upon closer poking, the corpse is a mite.

The read magic spell unfortunately doesn't tell Artyom anything in better detail beyond what he can already understand. The crystal is binding or containing some kind of undead force.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

”It’s possible, though this little eejit probably freed what was supposed to be in here I’m guessing.” Ridill thinks aloud before chuckling. ”And yeah, smashin and slashin has worked so far.”


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

"Hmm.... I don't think so. The crystal there is either binding or containing some sort of undead force. It's fascinating, really."


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A
Ricky wrote:
"Sir! I take exception to that! I don't feed on corpses! What do you take me for? Some kind of animal?!"

Tornell stares blankly at the black-feathered avian for a moment.

"Is, uh... Is that a trick question?"

Artyom wrote:
"The runes. They are runes of binding. The religious aspect to them seems to show that whatever they're binding is likely undead. Given the architecture, this is an original feature to the tomb. It appears that this room was specifically designed and built to hold whatever this is. Hang on..."

"Great. Sealing away something undead and evil. Let's close the door and never touch it again."


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage
Brother Tornell Alderwyn wrote:
"Great. Sealing away something undead and evil. Let's close the door and never touch it again."

"I agree. My curiosity is satisfied here. Let's try the other door." He nods to Alara and moves up to listen at the northern door.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


.

Deciding to leave well enough alone you close the door behind you and head northwards. Malvo listens at the north door. He hears a slight clanking sound as if metal is shifting just a bit.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Hearing a sound, he backs up and motions for Ridill to step up to the door. He waits for everyone to be ready, then uses his free hand to count down 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... then opens the door with a spell.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Ridill nods and readies his sword.


.

Murals around this room depict several weapons, including many different rapiers and several lances. Each weapon depicted has a plaque next to it. A door stands in the south wall, and stairs occupy an alcove to the west.

But most notably is a strange creature - a robed skeleton that appears to have been made of exotic metal is in the room. As the door swings open, it begins to move over to attack, raising a blade as it approaches!

Initiative:

Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Metal Skeleton Thing: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Round One:

Ridill
Artyom
Alara
Tornell
---
Metal Skeleton Thing
---
Malvo

Everyone but Malvo is up!


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Since we were opening the door I'm assuming we were a lot closer than what the map currently shows.

"You better not be a bug..." Ridill mutters to himself as he moves up on the creature.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Yeah, my intent was that Ridill would be at the door, possibly with Alara nearby. Your movement is enough to close the distance, so in this case it isn't a problem. ;-)


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None
Brother Tornell Alderwyn wrote:
"Is, uh... Is that a trick question?"

Ricky stares at Tornell. Then... he lets out some caws. It appears that he's... laughing. He then flutters over to Tornell's shoulder. "Relax. I'm joking with you. I know that I'm basically an animal. And I know ravens tend to feed off of corpses. But, I'm a familiar. As such, I have self-awareness and standards that others of my kind don't. Besides, Artyom raised me better than that."

Brother Tornell Alderwyn wrote:
"Great. Sealing away something undead and evil. Let's close the door and never touch it again."
Malvo wrote:
"I agree. My curiosity is satisfied here. Let's try the other door."

Artyom is shocked by the others wanting to leave. "But... Ugh... Never mind." He reluctantly follows the others to the other door. When Malvo signals for the group to get ready, Artyom twirls his quarterstaff a bit. When the door's opened and the metal skeleton attacks, Artyom and Ricky get to work trying to get information on this thing.

Artyom's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Artyom's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Artyom's Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Artyom's Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Ricky's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Ricky's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Ricky's Knowledge (history): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Ricky's Knowledge (religion): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Holding my action until I know what we're dealing with.


Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara follows Ridill in, twirling her nunchaku before attempting to catch the skeleton off-guard with a quick strike to the pelvis!

Sneak Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4


.

Unfortunately Artyom has -absolutely no idea- what this thing is. Some sort of construct, but it doesn't look like any kind of golem he'd ever be aware of.

Artyom and Alara rush in and immediately start battering on the creature. As they attack, it becomes clear it has already been damaged. It suddenly shouts out in a strange, raspy voice that seems to come from everywhere in the room. "I YIELD."

Tornell and Artyom can continue beating on it if he wants but it appears to have surrendered. Combat over when you say it is.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Hearing the creature surrender, Malvo steps up. "We accept. Tell us who you are and whatever you know about what is going on here."

He motions to the others to hold off, but keep their weapons ready in case this is a trick.


.

The creature straightens itself and lowers its weapon. It stutters and twitches a little, clearly badly damaged. Its voice is alien and gravelly, but also strangely formal.

"In the name of Pharasma the Blessed Lady of Graves who will judge all souls, I am Number Three. All who live must face her judgement. She who is caretaker of the river of souls."

It tilts its head to the side as it speaks. "By psychopomp decree I am the third celedon stationed here to guard this tomb, which inters the body of a great mortal hero. However, the arrival of the fey creatures through a tunnel forced my retreat. I have been unable to join Number One and Number Two, due to a hostile insect in the stairs above."

Knowledge Religion (Celedons) - Artyom and Tornell: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Now that the creature has stated it is a Celedon, Artyom and Tornell recall a bit about such creatures. They are divine constructs which ceaselessly serve and praise their deity, often entrusted with the upkeep of holy places. Celedons vary tremendously by the deity they serve and can look like almost anything.

Knowledge Religion (Psychopomps): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Psychopomps are the caretakers of the River of Souls, who particularly are involved in the passage of souls from life to death. Salvation and damnation are meaningless to them - their purpose is to ensure the River of Souls keeps flowing towards Pharasma's judgement. There are endless varieties of psychopomps in various specialized roles.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

"Number Three, I am Master Sergeant Malvo of the Lastwall Crusaders.
we were brought here against our will. If you can help us navigate this place and make sure you companions know we do not intend them harm, we can help you restore the proper order to the tomb. We just want to get out and get home, and if possible find out who brought us here and why."

Take 10 for 17 Diplomacy. Additional +2 if the celedon counts as "from Lastwall" and recognizes the insignia on my parade armor.


Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara stops trying to hit the... celedon... and listens to what it has to say.

When Malvo starts talking, she stands back and lets him handle it.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

When the Celadon announces its yeild and begins conversing with Malvo Ridill rests his sword over his shoulder before giving the creature a respetful bow as he steps back.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom looks at Number Three in fascination. "Interesting... You don't normally see things like this. A divinely made construct dedicated to a goddess." He decides to speak up. "Excuse me, Number Three. I am rather curious. Whose body are you guarding here? Is it Roslar? Because, we haven't seen his body at all."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

I knew I should have taken 10.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

You know they come in stronger versions, the Cabbagon for instance.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage
Artyom Julum wrote:
I knew I should have taken 10.

With a +1, taking 10 wasn't going to get you a lot, so it was worth the roll. Once I hit +5, though, I rarely roll anymore, for exactly that reason. Dice (even electronic ones) hate me.


.

"I am required to preserve my form which is now badly damaged, however I may follow from a distance. If you will rid the tomb of further intruders and leave peacefully I will inform Number One and Number Two they are not to harm you."

It turns to speak to Artyom. "I have only read the name on the tomb and the carvings, which state 'Ervin Roslar: Paladin, Hero, Martyr'. If his body is not interred here that is most unusual. We will prepare a report for the psychopomps once the intrusion threat is completed."

Short version because it's almost destroyed it'll follow but won't get involved in a fight unless in a severe circumstance or directly attacked.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Malvo nods. "Alright, then. If you can give us any warning of specific dangers we are about to walk into, please do. Otherwise, stay safe and be ready to talk to your people."

He checks to make sure everyone is ready, then looks at Ridill and nods to the stairs. "If you would do the honors of taking point, please?"


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"My pleasure," he says before stopping and turning to the Celadon. "Uh, sorry bout that." He then promptly heads up the stairs.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None
GM SpiderBeard wrote:
It turns to speak to Artyom. "I have only read the name on the tomb and the carvings, which state 'Ervin Roslar: Paladin, Hero, Martyr'. If his body is not interred here that is most unusual. We will prepare a report for the psychopomps once the intrusion threat is completed."

Artyom blinks before saying, "That would be fair. Although, I think I can provide you and Numbers One and Two with the information to help make your report. Also, is there a way we can help repair you? Would healing magic work? Also, what can you tell us about the bug upstairs?"


.

"The Lady of Graves will judge your soul accordingly," says Number Three in a flat tone before you assemble to take the stairs. "There is a large insect in the next room. Beware for it is aggressive."

With the celedon moving slowly behind you, you make ready to ascend the stairs.

This long room has a single bench against the eastern wall. Several plates of gleaming metal hang from wires in the ceiling, like barding in the shape of a fearsome metal bull. The plates twist like wind chimes, creating a dull clanking. Stairs lead steeply downward to the west, and a single door stands in the southern wall.

A gleaming silver longsword sticks out of the metal plates hanging from the ceiling. A closed door leads to the south.

Map updated.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"What is it with this place and bugs?" Ridill asks as he moves into the room.

Noticing the sword he taps his chin. "Yeah that's bait."


Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

"...judge our souls--wait. We're not dead!" Alara blinks and starts to shake.

"At least, I'm pretty sure we're not--I don't feel dead." She starts patting herself down.

"...but how would I know?"


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"Yep, Mister Preacher Man has been takin care of every hit to the noggin you been gettin."


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A
Ridill wrote:
"What is it with this place and bugs?"

"Mites, bugs... Apparently bit of an infestation. Bit different from the usual undead moving in, but it makes sense. Mostly. Nice quiet dark tunnels. Great place to hide for bugs."

Alara wrote:
"...judge our souls--wait. We're not dead!"

"I think that's just something Psychopomps say. They're not very sociable, since they just talk to dead people's confused souls all day. I think that's supposed to be the rough equivalent of wishing us well."

"I think...

"Yep. Trap. 'Bout time people see things my way. Did we want to sacrifice, I mean, have Alara check it out? I'm all for getting out of here. I need a drink, and it's cold down here."


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Malvo carefully inspects the hanging barding and motions for Alara to do the same.

If nothing untoward is found, he will motion for everyone to line up for opening the next door, where we expect to find a "large insect".


.

"All mortals will face her judgement," says the celedon ominously.

You take a look over the room but don't notice anything. However as you look over the plates you realize that they don't appear to be forged, but instead appear to be naturally formed while still being metal.

Knowledge Arcana DC 18:

The only creature you can think of with a metallic hide is a Gorgon, the metallic bull-like creature whose breath turns its foes into stone.

Knowledge History DC 20:

You now recall one of the various tales of Roslar's heroics involves him slaying a gorgon with a silver longword.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A
Celedon wrote:
"All mortals will face her judgement,"

"Yes, we know. That's how the process works. You might as well say the sun will rise tomorrow."


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None
GM SpiderBeard wrote:
"The Lady of Graves will judge your soul accordingly," says Number Three in a flat tone before you assemble to take the stairs. "There is a large insect in the next room. Beware for it is aggressive."
Alara Shinrin wrote:

"...judge our souls--wait. We're not dead!" Alara blinks and starts to shake.

"At least, I'm pretty sure we're not--I don't feel dead." She starts patting herself down.

"...but how would I know?"

Brother Tornell Alderwyn wrote:

"I think that's just something Psychopomps say. They're not very sociable, since they just talk to dead people's confused souls all day. I think that's supposed to be the rough equivalent of wishing us well."

"I think...

Artyom listens to all of this. He chimes in, "That really is odd. But, I think it's just a saying or some form of thanks."

GM SpiderBeard wrote:
"All mortals will face her judgement," says the celedon ominously.

Artyom nods at Number Three. "Of course."

The wizard looks at the room in interest.

Artyom's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Artyom's Knowledge (dungeoneering) (if I can use this for more information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Artyom's Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Artyom's Knowledge (religion) (if I can use this for more information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Artyom's Perception (Alertness) (if I can use this for more information): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17
Artyom's Profession (architect): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Ricky's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Ricky's Knowledge (dungeoneering) (if I can use this for more information): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Ricky's Knowledge (history): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Ricky's Knowledge (religion) (if I can use this for more information): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Ricky's Perception (if I can use this for more information): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Ricky's Profession (architect): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Artyom and Ricky's brains are coming up with nothing about any of this.

Darn. I got nothing on my Arcana and History checks. Now I've learned my lesson. Just Take 10.


.

Celedon Peception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

You decide to leave the sword well enough alone and make for the south door.

The walls of this wide room are covered with murals depicting a man performing a variety of heroic tasks: driving a sword into a fearsome metallic bull, defending a village from a scowling spectre, delivering an impassioned speech to several knights, and so on. The man has a large mustache and flowing hair, and wears a breastplate adorned with the symbol of a winged rapier. The western end of this room contains an enormous statue of the man atop a rearing horse, carrying a lance in one hand and a shield in the other. Hallways exit this room to the north and south; both immediately bend to the east. Doors stand in the north and south walls.

A bowl before the statue of who must be Roslar is before him, filled with a lot of silver and copper coins, two scrolls, and a very, very, very old jar of jam.

To the south an open doorway reveals a small, dry font. There's a very nice, but quite large gold-framed mirror in the southern room but nothing else.

No caterpillar is to be seen. The Celedon speaks. "The insect was in the previous room but is not seen. I am not sure where it is."


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"This Roslar guy is really starting to rub me the wrong way," Ridill comments as he looks over the murals.

Looking around and not seeing anything else of import he comes back to the Celedon. "Okay then, where to next?'


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom is fascinated by the room. "Oh, I don't know about that, Ridill. You have to admit, this tomb is rather breathtaking. The complexity, the intricate designs, and the attention to detail. It's all so fascinating. If Roslar had been buried here, then it would have been a worthy tomb." He tries to glean as much information as he can.

Artyom will Take 10 on all of his Knowledge checks. So that will be 18 for Knowledge (arcana, dungeoneering, history, and religion).

Artyom's Perception (Alertness): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Artyom's Profession (architect): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Ricky flutters around the room, trying to get information as well.

Ricky will roll for his checks except for Perception. He will Take 10 on that for 19.

Ricky's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Ricky's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
Ricky's Knowledge (history): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Ricky's Knowledge (religion): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Ricky's Profession (architect): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"My umbrage was not with the artisans, they have done marvelous work here. Getting constantly buffeted by Roslar's ego though... and everything with Arazni, were they actually in a relationship... if not this place is kinda skeevy." Ridill thinks aloud before looking around. "It's more his thoughts were buried here rather than him."


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

"Gotta agree with Ridill, there. Whole place seems designed to stroke his ego. Still curious why he isn't even interred here. Was he moved for some reason? Or they didn't even put his body here in the first place? Buncha weirdness going on. Not least being why we're down here."

"Hey, be careful before you go waltzing off to drool over all the art, Artyom. Bug thing may be hiding."


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Spiderbeard, I'm confused by the blackouts on the map ... did something we had previously explored get covered back up? I'm retracing our path and don't see how we got here.

"It is all rather strange, but I'm more concerned with how *we* got in here and what's going on with the bugs and the mites. Let's keep going ... Number Three? Which way?"


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom continues to look around. "What you two see as ego may very well be a part of a remembrance of his memory. All of this is probably people's way of honoring him and those that stood by him, including the ones who looked like us. The whole town is named after him. Are you going to say that the whole town is an extension of his ego rather than their way of honoring him and his legacy?"

At Tornell's question, Artyom waves his hand. "Of course. But don't fret, Brother Tornell. Ricky here has much better eyes than I do. Odds are, one of us might see it."


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

”Yes.” Ridill bluntly answers.


Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

"...wait." Alara finally speaks up after having been oddly quiet.

She looks at the celedon. "You said you're a psychopomp, yes?"

"Are we still in Lastwall?"


.

Big blackout square shouldn't have been there. You've explored the joint.

Artyom inspects the room as best he can - but there's really no new information or context to gain from this. It's a tomb to Roslar, celebrating him and his devotion to Arazni. Nice statue.

Deciding to leave the offering bowl alone and seeing nothing of note here beyond the lovely statue, you head eastwards. As you walk, Alara turns to Number Three curiously. The celedon clunks on eastwards.

"Your service to the Lady of Graves has been noted, Number One and Number Two are ahead. And I am not a psychopomp I am a celedon constructed in service of the psychopomps. And no, you are not in Lastwall."

As you are about to ask where the hell you actually are, the celedon rounds the corner. Two identical celedons turn to you with hostility but stop as they see Number Three. There is a moment of silent communication.

"Your service to the Lady of Graves is noted. The absence of the Hero Roslar from this tomb is an error that must be corrected. We must now locate and destroy the invading insect. You are free to leave."

The double doors swing open. Alara was right. You are not in Lastwall.

The landscape outside the tomb is bathed in grim moonlight. Dead trees adorn pale, rolling hills, each of which is covered with gravestones that march away to the dark horizon. The moon above is impossibly large and looks down upon you as a glowering skull.

Tornell and Artyom recognize this landscape immediately. You are in the Boneyard, the plane where souls who have died go to be judged and receive their eternal rewards.

DING! welcome to level two!


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

"Desna weeps." Malvo looks out on the strange terrain, and though he doesn't recognize it, he knows something is horribly wrong. He locks his thumbs together and holds them over his chest in the sign of butterfly wings as he tries in vain to remember what has happened.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom snorts at Ridill’s blunt answer. ”Hmph. Fine then.” He remains silent at the conversation between the celdedons.

[Outside...[/ooc]

Artyom is shocked by the sight. Ricky sits on his master’s shoulder, beak hanging open in shock. ”Guys... This isn’t Lastwall... We’re in the Boneyard. The place where the souls of the dead are judged and sent to their afterlife. But... how...” He racks his brain, trying to remember something... anything about how they got here!

You know, I thought we would be fighting the insect before we got outside.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

”... the f%&*?” Ridill says as he steps out alongside Malvo. ”This Count Ranalc’s new place?”

When Artyom points out where they are Ridill throws his arms out. ”How? We ain’t dead.”


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom looks at Ridill. ”No. The Boneyard. Pharasma’s domain.”

Artyom puts his hands on his head. ”I don’t know! None of this makes any sense!”

351 to 400 of 920 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.