GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Book One: The Dead Roads

Loot Tracker | Maps and Images


251 to 300 of 1,031 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Malvo shakes his head. "Sure, why not? Maybe it will work twice."


.

I have an approximate idea of what you're doing but I'll need specifics. You enter the room and the bugs will be hidden under the bodies, and there will be an ajar door in the northeast the mite went through. What are you doing in what order?


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None
Ridill wrote:
Artyom Julum wrote:
Artyom looks at his quarterstaff. "Again? This is rather... convenient. Does it seem like all this combat is far too easy?"
”We woke up in a crypt, we’re not prepping for a test.” Ridill comments.

Artyom rolls his eyes. ”I mean, something doesn’t seem right. When have you ever seen a wizard killing things with a quarterstaff?”

Alara Shinrin wrote:
"But... I thought druids were the only ones who could do that." Alara tilts her head at Ridill. "You don't really look like a druid."

Artyom glances at Ridill. ”That’s my question as well. How are you able to do that?”

I’ll just update the journal when we rest or something. Also, how many trail rations did I use with the beetles?


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

”Well no, but I’ve never seen them use their staves, usually it’s spells. I figured they'd at least know something about how to use their walking sticks.”

When they start questioning him he grins again. ”Aye, not a Druid. The next best thing. A fey. I’m a Knight of the Green in service of Ragadahn’s court.”


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

I think the intent is for Ridill to step into the room first, and if the roaches emerge try to talk to them like we did with the beetles. If that doesn't work, we'll fight. If they let us pass, we'll follow the mite Alara saw go through the door.


Ki Points: 4/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 11/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

"Wait, really?" Alara gets a bit starry-eyed. "A real knight?"

"All the knights I've heard of stayed in Vigil. That's--that's the city Vigil, not on an actual vigil."

"...who's Ragadahn?"


.

Ridill makes his way into the room cautiously - it appears so long as he gives the corpse piles their distance, the cockroaches aren't going to attack.

I've placed the hidden cockroaches on the map.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom's brow raises. "A fey? Really? That's what you're going with? Ricky looks at Artyom before saying, "A fey knight? That would be interesting if it's true." They also try to remember any information they may know about this 'Ragadahn'.

Artyom's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Artyom's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Artyom's Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Artyom's Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Ricky's Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
Ricky's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Ricky's Knowledge (history): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
Ricky's Knowledge (religion): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"Yep!" Ridill boasts to Alara and Artyom. "And Ragadahn? Really big water serpent Eldest. Like, the biggest. Likes libraries."

"Okay, let's see if I can just get to the door without botherin em in the first place." he says as he hugs the wall and makes his way to the door Shinrin pointed out.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A
Artyom Julum wrote:
"A fey knight? That would be interesting if it's true."

"What's so weird about that? He's not just chittering at animals for laughs, he seems able to communicate with animals, too. Got a better explanation for that, smart guy?"

"And what's with all these little ugly dead guys? The other ones, not the ones we made. Guess they weren't put here as guards, either. Or something else got pissed off at them. Which seems easy enough. Ugly little snots sure don't seem personable."


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom looks at Tornell. "Plenty. An ability within his family. Some form of curse. A type of magic weaved into him, like how Ricky can speak Taldane. Living amongst animals and learning to understand them. But, I highly doubt that he's some sort of actual fey. And if he isn't saying that he is, then he needs to make that clearer."

When Tornell brings up the dead mites, Artyom scratches his chin. "True. They don't strike me as intelligent enough to establish guards or strategy, considering they all tried to charge at us earlier. This could be some sign of infestation within the tomb. There was that small little tunnel that the bug tried to escape into. Perhaps those other creatures are using those tunnels as well."


.

Annnd lost my post. Before i respond to the knowledge check on Ragadahn I just wanna clarify in discussion.

As you chat among yourselves, Ridill starts moving northwards. Two things happen. The first is that one of the busts abruptly rocks, and the hair falls from the bust onto the ground near Tornell looking like a nice wig. The second is that the cockroaches notice Ridill heading northwards, and burst forth from their corpses to attack!

Initiative:

Roaches: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Round One:

Ridill
Artyom
---
Roaches
----
Tornell
Malvo
Alara

Ridill is up!


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Ridill chitters at roaches for being quite rude at jumping out at him all of a sudden.

Beast Tongue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

The cockroaches, very primed to kill, suddenly stay themselves as Ridill chastises them for their rudeness. They seem confused but cease their hostility as they're guarding against intruders but anyone who can talk to them is basically another cockroach so can't be an intruder. Ridill manages to convince them to hold still, although he's not entirely convinced that they'll stay still if prompted otherwise.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Ridill tells the roaches they're not intruders because they're leaving, not entering.

Beast Tongue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

As Ridill calms the cockroaches, Malvo motions to Alara to sneak up to the door the mite exited through and peek in. He keeps a respectful distance from the bugs, but has a hand ready at his weapon if needed.


Ki Points: 4/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 11/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara will do so.

Stealth?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


.

You've already succeeded in changing their opinion of you, and importantly cockroaches aren't capable of that level of reason.

GM Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Initiative:
Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Mites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Barple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Attack rolls:
Readied Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Alara makes her way slowly to the north door, and seeing it is open a crack, leans over to peek in... and the door flies open. As it does so a sling stone flies right into Alara's face with astonishing power considering its tiny size. Three mites are in the room, two of which are standing at either side of the door, and don't act - yet. The last one wears a wooden crown and wields the sling - he is perched on a high shelf but within melee range.

Round One:

Mites
---
Ridill
---
Barple
---
Malvo
Tornell
Alara (-7)

Alara takes 7 damage and if her hp is correct she is disabled. [b]Ridill[b] is up!


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Sorry, first time using a character with it.

”Oi! Lass!” Ridill calls out as he shuffles past Alara to get to a mite. ”Bastards need ta learn your place.”

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12


.

@Ridill make sure to move your token on the map - I've positioned you to where you'd get attack at the first mite which...

GM rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 11d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

As Ridill heads into the doorway both of the mites swing out at him! He blocks one, but the other pinks him in the back. A mighty whap of his greatsword sends the mite pinwheeling back, instantly dead.

Round One con't:

Ridill (-2)
---
Mite
Barple
---
Malvo
Tornell
Alara (-7)

Ridill takes two damage. Everyone is up! The mites' readied actions change the initiative blocks.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

"ALARA! Tornell, she's hurt!"

Malvo rushes into the cockroach room while calling out to everyone. "Watch yourselves, they were ready for us! Ridill is guarding the door!"

Move action to move into the room, standard to begin Inspire Courage.

Inspire Courage: As long as you can perceive my performance, you gain +1 Competence Bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves vs Fear and Charm. I am currently speaking (audible performance).


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Sorry, app was giving me issues and forgot to edit my post asking for someone to move it. Thankies.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming!"

Tornell's portly form huffs his way into the room, up behind the badly wounded Alara.

"Oooh, that's a nasty crack! Right in the face. Hold on, hold on... ניקוי האור, בבקשה לרפא את הפצעים!"

Burning my Bless spell to cast Cure Light Wounds.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Ki Points: 4/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 11/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara is sent reeling to the floor by the impact of the sling stone, her dazed eyes staring at the ceiling while Tornell heals her.

"...wha' happened?" She finally asks when her ears stop ringing. She slowly blinks a couple of times, trying to get her eyes to focus on something.

She then pulls herself to her feet and opts to go into a defensive posture.

Total Defence, getting out of the way of the door.


.

Ridill you had another action!


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Oof, sorry!

Ridill rounds on the remaining Mite within his blood circle.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None

[ooc]Don't I still have a turn to take? I thought I didn't make a move.


.

sorry for a spotty week back to normal business on Thursday. Artyom take your action!

Ridill takes down another mite with a mighty swing!

The druidy one on the shelves is still up.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Note to self: Druids like wrist rockets.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
.

Back! Okay going to GMPC Artyom

GM Rolls:

Hand of the Apprentice: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Vermin Empathy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Artyom again whispers a word and his quarterstaff flies out at the mite perched on the shelves.

The staff crunches into the mite's ribs, and it lets out a horrible shriek before it starts babbling rapidly, waving its hands as it shouts in its language. The cockroaches start to rise, but shrug and go back to eating mite corpses. Ridill was a little nicer to them.

Something else really strange happens. As Artyom moves forward to fling his staff he realizes the hair that was on the statue appears to be on the ceiling now. It detaches, and drops right onto Tornell's head! He begins to feel calming, soothing thoughts along with a sense that the hair wants him to think he truly is beautiful.

However there is no compulsion and he can still act freely.

In the north, after Ridill slays his second mite, a huge sling stone fires for him, but he manages to bat it aside with his sword.

Round Two:

Ridill (-2)
---
DEATH HAIR~!
Barple
---
Malvo
Tornell (grappled)
Alara

Tornell is grappled by a wig with opinions. EVERYONE is up! Whew.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Ridill moves up on the last Mite.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

"Huh?"

There is a momentary pause as Tornell feels the animate hair on his head clouding his thoughts of looking beautiful. Until Tornell remembers he's a middle-aged, balding whiny lardass.

"GETTH'HELLOFFME!"

Attempt to counter-Grapple the animate wig.
Grapple check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Malvo says to Tornell, "Lean down, let me help you with that!"

Stop performing, let Lingering Performance kick in. Aid Another on Tornell to counter-grapple the wig.
Aid Another Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Tornell, in case you didn't already count it, Inspire Courage is +1 to attack rolls, which includes combat maneuvers.

---------------
Inspire Courage / Lingering (Round 1 of 2): As long as you were able to perceive my performance before, you continue to gain +1 Competence Bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves vs Fear and Charm.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ki Points: 4/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 11/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Clara notices the wig on Tornell's head and moves to help him remove it.

He DOES look pretty silly wearing it. It's way too long and doesn't match his eyes.

Aid Another *Grapple*: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

Shoot, forgot to look for currently active buffs. Add +1 to my roll to make it 18. And then another +4 from two successful Aid Another checks.


.

Ridill closes in on the mite druid, but he has difficulty bringing his huge sword to bear in close quarters.

Everyone leaps down on Tornell and starts trying to yank the wig off of his head. The calming, soothing thoughts suddenly become angry and panicked but Tornell manages to pull it off with everyone's help and now has a squiggling very... animate head of hair in his hands trying to crawl back up to his scalp. Now that it's no longer surprising anyone the thing isn't that hard to keep a grip on.

Artyom is up again!


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None

Sorry. I was waiting for some answers to my questions in the ooc and the results of my earlier Knowledge rolls (if I haven't gotten them yet).

Artyom frowns at the animated wig and does his quarterstaff trick again.

Hand of the Apprentice (inspire courage): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage (inspire courage): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


2 people marked this as a favorite.
.

As Artyom wings his quarterstaff at the mite once more, he thinks over what he's realized about Ragadahn and the strange hair.

Ragadahn is a divine fey or one of the Eldest and lays claim to the deep oceans of the First World. He is a notoriously evil deity and quick to anger with grand claims such as being the Father of Dragons - something dragons tend to disagree with. Ridill serving under him isn't necessarily an indication of Ridill's motivations as for some people - a job is a job. But Ragadahn is certainly not a benevolent presence in the First World.

The hair, before it tried to jump onto Tornell's head just appeared incongruous and completely out of place with what one would expect on the bust. Now that it's come to life, he realizes it is an animate hair - a strange creature that comes of the souls of exceedingly vain individuals. Although they survive on small prey like rabbits, animate hair are happiest when they can attach themselves to a humanoid host where they can compel thoughts - such as murder.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Is the Mite still up?


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None

I think I was aiming for the animate hair.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Ah, so it’s Mites turn again.


.

lol sorry - this past week was nuts and kinda messed up the flow

Concentration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

With Ridill now in melee range, the mite shrieks, scrabbling up but he can't quite get out of reach. Babbling something, he tries to cast a spell but he falls off of the shelves, crashing to the ground. He screams in whatever language it he speaks at Ridill in a very much 'BRING IT ON' kind of way.

Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

The hair twists, and manages to get out of Tornell's hand, leaping up onto his shoulder.

Everyone is up!


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

*offers hugs*

Ridill blankly stares at the Mite before deliberately bringing his sword over his head.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 + 1 = 11


Ki Points: 4/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 11/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara decides to swat at the animated hair with her nunchaku.

Smack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Only for her swing to go completely wild.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Malvo draws his longsword and attempts to slice the hair.
Move to draw, swift for Arcane Strike, standard to attack
Attack (longsword): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

---------------
Inspire Courage / Lingering (Round 2 of 2): As long as you were able to perceive my performance before, you continue to gain +1 Competence Bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves vs Fear and Charm.


.

Malvo manages to strike a solid blow against the animate hair, cutting off many 'strands' although it's still in the fight. Ridill and Alara have less luck as their blows go wild.

Artyom and Tornell are up!


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell settles for yanking the thing off of him entirely.

Another Grapple check to disengage.
Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Evidently, trying to get a grip on a bunch of individual strands is a tricky thing.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 5/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom decides to step forward and swing his quarterstaff at the animate hair!

Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Tornell fails to get the hair off of him, but Artyom's quarterstaff strikes true once more and he knocks the hair off of Tornell before swinging down mightily and splatting it. It flies apart, the 'hair' dissolving instantly. The mite druid slashes out at Ridill with a scythe but his attack is blocked.

Round Four:

Ridill (-2)
---
Barple
---
Malvo
Tornell
Alara

hair is done. Everyone is up!


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 3/11 used | Spells Used: L1 0/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Malvo calls out to the group as he moves into the next room, "Well done, everyone! That hair is done, let's get the mite!"

Move into the room and standard action to Inspire Courage.

------------------
Inspire Courage: As long as you can perceive my performance, you gain +1 Competence Bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves vs Fear and Charm. I am currently speaking (audible performance).

251 to 300 of 1,031 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.