GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Book One: The Dead Roads

Loot Tracker | Maps and Images


101 to 150 of 1,111 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

.

She manages to knock the bug off of her and with a wild swing, squishes it down. It crumbles beneath the blow.

End of Combat


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara is about to swing her nunchaku again when her leg gives out and she falls down.

"Owowowowowowow!" She clutches at her wounded leg and writhes in pain.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 4/7 | Active conditions: None

Seeing the fighting brought to an end, Artyom goes to Alara and pulls out one of the potions they found. "Here. Drink this. This should heal you."


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara pulls out the potion's cork and chugs it!

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The acid burns on her leg heal over, leaving only a bug bite behind. "Thanks. I wasn't expecting them to hurt so much..."


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Yes, that bite looked burned ... we'll need to be extra careful of those things."

Malvo looks around the room and peeks through the archways, to try to get a feel for the layout and see what else might be hiding.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"Can ye still walk well enough, lass?" Ridill asks as he watches Alara's wound heal.


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara gets to her feet. "Y-yeah, I think so."

"Those things have acid for venom or something--I'm hoping we don't run into more of them."


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Ridill nods. "Sounds nasty, but'cha did them one worse," he says with a grin.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A
Alara Shinrin wrote:
"Those things have acid for venom or something--I'm hoping we don't run into more of them."

"Well, don't say THAT! Now the next room will probably be full of the little bastards!"

"Speaking of next room, where to next? I'm cold and hung over, and this tomb is not improving either of these situations. I say we just keep heading that way," Tornell says, pointing East, "Whatever direction that is."

"By the way, did anyone make out what those bugs were saying? Couldn't understand it, but that was definitely language. Sounded kind of familiar, too."


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

"Or maybe there won't be. We don't know." Alara shrugs.

"I could scout ahead and see." She says before creeping into the room to the east, not really bothering to wait for any objections.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Alrighty then.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"... and that's how you get bit by bugs." Ridill says to no one as he watches the elf sneak off.


.

After the battle with the bug-things, the group searches over the room but doesn't find anything else of interest. To Tornell's trained eye, the skeleton looks like it was kind of brought together and partially melted with acid - like someone was trying to construct a working skeleton out of broken parts.

The signs in the room label the various exits:

East: "Roslar: Hero and Paladin at his Well-Earned Rest"
South: "Loyal Abdell, Support Thy Master Always"
North: "At My Right Hand, Peace for Years of Righteous Labours"

A hall leads to the southwest.

Alara sneaks into the eastern room before the Roslar sign. The lights in the western room give her just enough for her keen elven eyes to get an idea of what's in the room.

The stone walls of this room are carved to resemble hanging draperies framing a large dais. Upon the dais stands a large sarcophagus, its lid carved to resemble a sleeping knight with long hair and a wide mustache. This room carries a faint nauseating odor, like putrefying meat.

It becomes clear that there are no apparent threats in the room.

You can also peer into the north and south exits.

To the north "Right Hand" room is a small area filled with shelves and chunks of bone.

To the south "Loyal Abdell" the room looks to resemble a stable with a large stone box at the southern end.


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

"Well, looks like there aren't any bugs." Alara sighs in relief as she returns to the party.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

As Alara inspects the Roslar chamber, Malvo steps to the entrance of the "Right Hand" and looks inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 4/7 | Active conditions: None
Alara Shinrin wrote:
The acid burns on her leg heal over, leaving only a bug bite behind. "Thanks. I wasn't expecting them to hurt so much..."

Artyom nods at Alara. "You are welcome."

Seeing the others decide to scout out the other rooms, Artyom loooks at Ricky. "Please scout out Abdell's room." Ricky nods and flies off to the Abdell's hallway.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Artyom pulls out the journal and begins writing. He says, "So, Roslar's room is obviously for Roslar. However, from what I know, it seems that he was enamored with Aroden's herald, Arazni. As for Abdell, that's his favorite horse."

Journal Page 2 (updated):
Woke up in a sarcophagus. No memory about how I got here. There are four other people here as well within other sarcophagi. Crate with supplies here as well. Vibia doesn't seem to be around. Need to find her as soon as possible!
From the architecture, it appears to be a crypt. Various carvings on north wall, heroic in nature. Halfling on wolf, elf crouching in shadows, human with great sword beneath a tree, an older cleric, and a man with a raven casting magic. They seem to resemble myself and the others. However, these are not us.
Above carvings: "Red Shrikes - Noble Companions in the War Against Evil, Rest Well, my Friends." Red Shrikes have connection to Roslar and the Shining Crusade. Need to research. Possible death? Joke?

Equipment on carvings are what was being used during Shining Crusade (900 years ago).

A sixth sarcophagus is in room. Empty. Carving above is too worn and faded (ours seem to be newer. Look into?). Can make out religious eye symbol. Relates to Arazni, Herald of Aroden and central figure during Shining Crusade. Symbol of Sarenrae on shield of priest carving. Possible patron god? If so, is this connected? Or mere coincidence? Priest is a member of Sarenrae's church.

Others have said that they don't remember much. Just being at the festival; then waking up here.

Halfing is called Malvo, master sergeant. Priest is named Tornell.

Entered next room. contains several low shelves covered with rags and loose bones. A hallway extends to the southeast, while a stone door to the east is carved with the image of several heroic figures standing solemnly together. Who are these figures?

Attacked by skeleton. Killed in one hit. Seems to be unnatural with how it looked and moved. Rather than approaching in a bipedal fashion, it is approaching on all fours with the wrists bent inwards and the head at a strange, impossible angle.

Skeletons seem to have passed due to natural causes or old age. No necromancy or conventional magic used for reanimation. What is this?

Some sort of skeleton bug escaped out of skeleton after destruction. Odd. What is this?

Found some supplies and gear. Beneficial to us. But, who left it here?

Went to next hall. Walls carved with images of battle, each featuring a knight astride a lean horse. The knight wears no helmet and has long hair and a wide mustache. In each of the images, the knight is charging at undead horrors with a rapier in hand. Carvings depict Arazni. Her's is a tragic tale. After the Whispering Tyrant captured and killed Arazni, her body was stolen and she was animated as a lich bride by the evil ghost wizard Geb during the failed Second Crusade. She now rules as the Harlot Queen along with Geb.

Two halls lead out of the western portion of this room, one to the north and one to the south. Three large archways lead out of the room to the east.

The archway to the northeast is carved with the words “At My Right Hand, Peace for Years of Righteous Labors”

Archway to the east is carved with the words, “Roslar: Hero and Paladin at His Well-Earned Rest”. Roslar is a hero of the Shining Crusade. Roslar was enamored with Arazni, the herald of Aroden and patron saint of the Knights of Ozem. Furthermore, Roslar's death was shrouded in some sort of unidentified scandal.

Archway to the southeast reads, “Loyal Abdell, Support Thy Master Always.” Abdell was Roslar's favorite horse.

Sprawled in the center of this room is a human-sized metal figure that resembles a skeleton wrapped in robes. The limbs of the figure are askew and melted, as though with acid.

Attacked by skeleton-bug, as well as another one. They spoke to each other in some language that I didn't know. Need to identify. Bites seem to be acidic.

Sorry for just copying the descriptions of the rooms and putting them into my journal.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

"Better sweep these rooms, one by one. Just our luck something large , dead, and hungry will come stomping out and try to grab us from behind."


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"Well at this points that's just expectation, not luck."


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

"...and then we smack it up, right? And figure out what's going on, too!"


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"Aye and aye."


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 4/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom closes his journal. ”I agree. We can also find more supplies in the rooms. Also, this crypt is quite fascinating. Perhaps we can learn some things while we are here.”


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

"Speaking of, what the hell is with all of these supplies? Some jerks knock us out and drag our carcasses down here, put us in coffins, and leave a bunch of supplies around? You know how much ale you could buy for the cost of one healing potion?"


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

"Y'know, when I first woke up, I thought this whole thing was an elaborate training exercise Mom and Dad cooked up for me. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Mom did something like that." Alara looks around the room. "Then I met you guys and started getting suspicious."

"Then I saw the skeleton and the bugs and figured 'nope, Mom definitely wouldn't have gone that far'."


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 4/7 | Active conditions: None
Brother Tornell Alderwyn wrote:
"Speaking of, what the hell is with all of these supplies? Some jerks knock us out and drag our carcasses down here, put us in coffins, and leave a bunch of supplies around? You know how much ale you could buy for the cost of one healing potion?"

Artyom shrugs. "I wouldn't know. I could never stand the taste of ale. But, you do raise a good point, Tornell. It is rather odd that there are supplies being left around. I would assume that this would be part of the items buried with Roslar. But, it seems too... convenient for us. Which leads to the question of whether these are left behind on purpose. And, if so, why?"

Alara Shinrin wrote:

"Y'know, when I first woke up, I thought this whole thing was an elaborate training exercise Mom and Dad cooked up for me. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Mom did something like that." Alara looks around the room. "Then I met you guys and started getting suspicious."

"Then I saw the skeleton and the bugs and figured 'nope, Mom definitely wouldn't have gone that far'."

Artyom blinks at Alara's statement. His head then slowly turns in her direction. He brings up his journal and says, "I'm sorry... what was that? You thought your parents set this up? As a training exercise? What kind of training do you do?" His tone says that he's flabbergasted and can't believe what he has just heard.


.

You investigate all three rooms, and nothing jumps out to grab you at this particular point in time. There are sarcophagi in Roslar's and Abdell's particular rooms with the stone lids firmly in place, but could be opened jmuch like the ones you climbed out of.

The north room is strewn with half-melted bones, presumably from the bug-things feasting on what was likely a pile of skeletons in here. On the shelves, it looks like there are some interesting religious beads and a gold ring. However, Malvo's canny eye catches that the extremely heavy stone shelves are weak from acid and an errant breath could bring the entire room down on him.

There is a gold ring, a single prayer bead, and then a strand of prayer beads on the shelves, but Malvo has detected the equivalent to a trap - the shelves and most of the room will collapse if touched.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Seeing the weak structures, Malvo backs carefully away. "Alara ... I seem to remember you sitting in on lectures about how to handle dangerous mechanisms ... is there any chance that you were carrying tools on you when ... whatever happened?"


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7
Artyom wrote:
"I'm sorry... what was that? You thought your parents set this up? As a training exercise? What kind of training do you do?"

"Training in the arts of ninjutsu--infiltration, exfiltration, reconnaissance and combat." Alara responds matter-of-factly. "I understand Mom had to go through roughly the same kind of exercises when she first undertook ninja training."

Malvo wrote:
"Alara ... I seem to remember you sitting in on lectures about how to handle dangerous mechanisms ... is there any chance that you were carrying tools on you when ... whatever happened?"

Alara starts digging through her satchel. "I think so..."

She then produces a set of thieves' tools. "Here we go."


.

I'll need that disable device check, and if you guys wanna do anything in the other two rooms. Basically there's nothing of note except the two closed sarcophagi.


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Taking 20 for a 27 total if allowed. Otherwise:

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

...I really hope I'm allowed to take 20.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Typically you can't take 20 on a check vs a trap, since failing will set it off and take 20 assumes you fail several times before succeeding. On the other hand, you can usually take 10, which I usually recommend when your bonus is over +5 at first level, since that's a pretty solid bonus at this level.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

While Alara looks to see what she can do about the weakened room, Malvo considers the sarcophagi.

"I'm usually loathe to crack open a tomb, but given that we were stuffed alive into coffins, we should probably check every one we find. What do the rest of you think?"

If the party agrees, he will use his cantrip again to assist, and loan his crowbar to the effort.


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

In that case, if I can take 10 instead, I will.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

"Open up a coffin? Sure, if you want something to jump up and suck your life force dry like a mug of ale. And even if not, do you want to look at old rotten corpses? If you're that worried of leaving any other poor saps in coffins, just knock on them a few times."


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"I've been stuck in hunts like this before, thought I don't know why the rest of you got dragged here. Musta been some festival..." Ridill thinks aloud.

"Better we see them when they wake then they the back of our unsuspecting heads," he points out to Tornell.


.

What Malvo said.

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Perceptions: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Alara tries a conservative and careful way of supporting the shelves, but it becomes quickly apparent that this is not going to work and she narrowly escapes collapsing the room.

The DD check is within 5 of 17 so no catastrophic failure, but you'll need to roll or think of a clever way to retrieve the valuables.

As Alara fiddles with the shelves, the group surround Roslar's sarcophagi and start to haul the lid... and something jumps out. A pile of bones Malvo didn't really notice in his first glance at the room suddenly form together into the shape of a cobra, lunging out at the group! The purtescent smell from the room seems to be coming from the snake.

Knowledge Arcana DC 11:

This snake is not undead, but appears to be some form of construct, similar to an iron cobra which is a typical bodyguard of treasure.

Knowledge Arcana DC 16:

This is a bone cobra, a certainly uncommon form of construct guardian. It is best struck with bludgeoning weapons, it is mildly spell resistant, and its bite secrets a revolting slurry that binds people.

Initiative:

Bone Cobra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

More Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The bone cobra is on top of the sarcophagus in seconds and lunges at Malvo's face, but it misses terribly!

Round One:

Bone Cobra (surprise attack)
---
Tornell
Alara
Malvo
Ridill
--
Bone Cobra
---
Artyom

Everyone is up! map is updated with Alara in the next room.


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Hearing the sounds of *rattling* coming from the other room, Alara stops what she's doing and retreats to find the others. She unlimbers her nunchaku while she stands in the doorway.


.

Also, my mistake - everyone but Artyom is up. Surprise round passed with none of you acting so it's all full round actions.


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Malvo is caught by surprise as a snake of bones leaps out at him, but his halfling reflexes serve him well and he dodges out of the way.

Drawing his morningstar, he says, "I have no idea what that is, but remember the old rhyme: 'Cut the flesh from head to feet, but crush the bones if there's no meat!'"

Move action to draw weapon, standard to Inspire Courage.

Inspire Courage: +1 Competence Bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves vs Fear and Charm


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Forgot to add: In the event that someone fails a save this round, I will cast Saving Finale, after which my performance effects will linger.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +1, W: +6 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 1/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 4/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom blinks in bewilderment at Alara’s response and the comments from the others. He’s about to begin writing when things go down. The sounds of crumbling stone come from the direction of the room that Alara went into and a snake pops out of Roslar’s sarcophagus!

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

He knows what this creature is. ”Everyone! That’s a bone cobra! It isn’t undead! It’s a construct! It has mild spell resistance and it’s bite can bind you! Use bludgeoning weapons!”


.

Lots more of you are still up!


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

Oof, post got eaten >_<

”I’ll bludgeon the wee bastard alright,” Ridill grumbles as he hefts his sword.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 + 1 = 14


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell was fumbling with his holy symbol, until Artyom shouted his information at the group, clarifying this skeletal threat was a construct, and not undead. He grunts in annoyance, before swinging rather haphazardly with his morningstar.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


.

There we go!

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Ridill's greatsword just crashes into the bonecobra, glancing to the side but still done spectacular damage to the weird automaton snake-thingy.

The cobra snaps out at Ridill, who jumps back. The cobra then proceeds to barf some sort of slurry that smells like centuries-old garbage with just a hint of cheese on the floor. Ridill's foot almost gets stuck in it but he avoids the worst of it.

Round Two:

Bone Cobra (surprise attack)
---
Tornell
Alara
Malvo
Ridill
--
Bone Cobra (-9)
---
Artyom

Everyone is up!


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

”Ugh, Rank! Rank, rank...” Ridill says inbetween gags as he swings again.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 + 1 = 14


(-1 WIS) Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 3|HP: 21/22|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +2 Fort, +5 Ref, +0 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +7

Alara takes advantage of an opening, and leaps onto the sarcophagus to attack the cobra!

Acrobatics (Jumping on Sarcophagus): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Nunchaku Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

Taking his own advice, Malvo attempts to crush the snake's bones.

Attack (morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Malvo stops performing, but Lingering Performance carries the effects for 2 more rounds.

Inspire Courage / Lingering: As long as you were able to perceive my performance, you continue to gain +1 Competence Bonus to attack and damage, +1 morale bonus to saves vs Fear and Charm.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 2:1+1 | Channel Energy: 5 | Active conditions: N/A

Second verse, same as the first
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


.

Malvo and Tornell manage to do the rest of the damage, and the bone cobra collapses beneath their righteous pummeling. It cracks and comes apart, spilling its disgusting goo onto the crypt floor.

End of Combat

You get to work opening the sarcophagus, which is... empty. Rolsar's body appears to not be interred here. The interior of the lid is carved with a slender angelic woman with a benevolent gaze surrounded by clouds, looking down as though from a great height. Words around the image read, “O Arazni, the Red Crusader, Watch Over My Eternal Rest.”

From here you can continue trying to rescue the treasure from the northern shelves, check out the horse's room, or take the south hall.


M Human Cavalier 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +11 Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1, -2 INT

"Oh, what a bonnie," Ridill says when he sees the interior of the coffin.

"Where to next?"


Male Halfling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+2, CMD:13 | F:+2, R:+4, W:+3 (+7 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+8 (+10 with HA) | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/11 used | Spells Used: L1 1/4 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Alara, do you feel up to making another try at shoring up those shelves? That gear could be useful to us."

101 to 150 of 1,111 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.