GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Book One: The Dead Roads

Loot Tracker | Maps and Images


801 to 850 of 930 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ki Points: 1/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 7/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara tries to sneak past as well.

Stealth?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

I’m sorry the guy in armor with heavy weaponry isn’t as sneaky as the ninja or the 20lb drill sergeant XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage
Ridill wrote:
I’m sorry the guy in armor with heavy weaponry isn’t as sneaky as the ninja or the 20lb drill sergeant XD

Yeah, well, the 20 lb drill sergeant doesn't cut creatures in half with a single swing, so we all have our specialties. ;-)


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Should I try to sneak? I could take 10. But, I don't know how effective the sneaking wizard will be.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

I think Ridill made enough noise that sneaking isn't going to be an option, but we'll see what Spiderbeard has to say. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Y'all sneak, I'ma distraction.


.

GM Rolls:

Perception (dozing): 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 5 = 15

tip toe tip toe tip toe CLANK

Ridill is a delicious distraction.

Initiative:

Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Esobok: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Bworf?" asks the esobok, rhetorically. It looks up to see Ridill trying to sneak right by it, and it is most annoyed! However, it's a little slow to get on its feet. "BWARAWRAWBRAWR!"

Round ONe:

Alara
Malvo
Ridill
Tornell
---
Esobok
---
Artyom

Everyone by Artyom is up! The esobok is very much hostile, but it's also prone.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"Uh, uh, down pup! We're not here to cause you trouble." Ridill tells the guard.

Can I try diplomacy?


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Malvo starts talking in a somewhat sing-song voice, "Nice puppy, calm puppy, happy puppy, sleepy puppy ... "

Bardic Performance to Fascinate. DC 14 Will save. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as the bard continues to maintain it. While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on all skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell will move across the floor at half speed, trying to avoid sudden movements.

EDIT: Disregard. I just looked at the map. Will wait to see how things pan out.


.

GM Rolls:

Esobok Brain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

As Ridill tries to negotiate with the esobok he realizes that whatever it speaks, it ain't common or sylvan. However, Malvo's little sing-song seems to do the trick. Everyone peacefully approaches the esobok who lets out a little "brwor?" and then cocks its head as Malvo approaches.

Already sleepy, it sits on its haunches and looks peacefully at Malvo.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"Good puppy." Ridill chimes in as he attempts to pet the Esobok.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Malvo waves at everyone to move on past.

With Lingering Performance we have 3 rounds before I have to perform again. Everyone move past, and hopefully we can get the Queen to let us out without having to distract the puppy again.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom blinks as the esobok becomes peaceful at Malvo's spell work. He then follows Malvo's gesture, walking past them. Ricky flutters behind his master and lands on his shoulder.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

GM rolls:

1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 261d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

A long bridge stretches from the door at the top of the guardhouse to a door at the top of the palace. The southern half of the bridge arches above the courtyard 30 feet below. The northern half of the bridge has a drop of only 10 feet to the roof of the castle below. The bridge is only a few feet wide and has no handholds or railings. The door at the north end of the bridge is flanked by several narrow windows, each 2 feet tall and only a few inches wide.

The bridge is not very wide and quite wobbly, but if you move slowly you manage to start making your way across the bridge without issue.

Behind you, Ridill gives the esobok a pat, and it goes off to a corner to get some more sleep.

As you start to make your way across the bridge hoping to finally - FINALLY meet this Queen you are attacked. Again. Babbling in Sylvan about plump, juicy, luscious teeth a group of particularly deranged tooth fairies fly out from the wall opposite the bridge and speed for you, pliers in hand!

Initiative:

Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tooth Fairies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round ONe:

Alara
Ridill
Artyom
Tornell
---
Tooth fairies
---
Malvo

Everyone but Malvo is up! Map is updated. Tooth fairies are in flight.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Ridill steps forward and readies to strike the first one that comes near him.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9


Ki Points: 1/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 7/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Relieved that they don't have to fight the esobok, Alara refocuses on the incoming tooth fairies and readies her nunchaku.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Seeing the narrow confines, Tornell pulls out a ranged weapon to deal with these new adversaries.

Full round action to draw and load a crossbow.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom frowns at the sight of the tooth fairies coming to attack them. He lays his hand on Tornell's shoulder and mutters an incantation, his eyes glowing. Tornell feels a strength to his willpower, a quickness to his reflexes, and a hardiness to his fortitude.

Casting resistance on Tornell. +1 to his saves for about 10 rounds.


.

GM Rolls:

Saves: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Steal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Steal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Cackling with glee, the tooth fairies zoom in. Ridill's attack misses, however Alara manages to hammer one with her nunchaku. The tooth fairy explodes into a beautiful cloud of white fairy dust which smells really bad. However you all manage to hold your lunch in.

The two remaining fairies are undaunted and start plucking out with their pliers with horrifying speed. Ridill blocks the attack, but Malvo is caught unawares, and there's a flash of pain as a fairy proudly yanks out one of his biscuspids!

"YOINK!"

Sylvan:

"Ah hah comrade, I have your tooth."

Round Two:

Alara
Ridill
Artyom
Tornell
---
Tooth fairies
---
Malvo (-1 cha) (bleed 1)

Malvo got some emergency dental work and has -1 charisma and 1 bleed! Everyone is up!


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"Comrades don't steal each other's teeth." Ridill snarls at the fairies.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
slashing/cold iron: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
lol


Ki Points: 1/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 7/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara spins and swings at the tooth fairy that just yanked out one of Malvo's teeth.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell supresses a sneer, though he does think "Least it's not my tooth this time," to himself.

Unfortunately, the fairy is too close to fire his crossbow cleanly. He instead fumbles around, cursing some more, and drawing his morningstar at the dental purloiner.

Morningstar Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Spiderbeard, is that -1 CHA a Drain, Damage, or Penalty?

Malvo bellows louder than you would expect from such a small frame as his tooth is yanked from his mouth. He swings his morningstar at the small fae. "Give that back, you foul creature!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


.

Damage.

Ridill and Tornell of all people swing out at the fairies and with a shriek they both explode into beautiful white pixie dust that smells like death. The one with Malvo's tooth explodes spectacularly, the pliers and tooth flying off into the distance. The other one is skewered at the end of Ridill's greatsword and explodes grossly, dropping its pliers and bag on the bridge.

End of Combat


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Glancing about and seeing that no more fairies remained Ridill lets out a sigh as he goes to inspect the bag that fell on the bridge. "Sorry about that, Sarge. Wanna go searching after we're done? Or just keep an eye out for some other halfling teeth?"


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom looks over the side of the bridge where Malvo's tooth fell. "Well.... that's unfortunate. Are you okay, Sergeant?"


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

"I'll survive. Not sure you can even put a tooth back in anyway. Once we get back home, I'll figure something out."

Malvo sighs and looks up. "Let's get this over with."


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Ridill nods and then continues on.


Ki Points: 1/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 7/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara winces when she sees the tooth fly off.

"Oh dear. Really, really sorry, Malvo." She says as she falls into line behind the others.


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

"Uhh, I mean, you can put a tooth back in. Just takes the tooth, and a bit of magic... That I'm out of at the moment. Maybe a potion would work?"

"But hey, if you say move on, then let's move on."


.

Ridill opens the bag and rather than finding regular teeth, finds several well-made golden teeth. Together they're probably worth a decent amount and could also be used as a replacement tooth with a competent healer or dentist.

You move on northwards and fling open the doors, sick of the Queens' seemingly endless guards and traps. You step through a main hall and then finally come to a salon.

Strips of loose wallpaper in this once-elegant salon are held into place by teeth jammed into the walls like makeshift staples. A folding dressing screen is patterned with lively scenes of a fat tooth fairy blessing subjects with a wooden scepter. A dressmaker’s dummy leans against it, wrapped in tulle and silk. A door leads south and another leads east.

The dressmaker's dummy wiggles slightly as you walk into the room.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"More of this s*%@?" Ridill grumbles when he sees the dummy move.


Ki Points: 1/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 7/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara freezes when she sees the dummy move.

Perception?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell groans and rereadies his crossbow.

"We're just passing through!"


.

Weirdly, the dummy does not appear animate. Instead as you watch, it appears the folding screen itself is jiggling the dummy.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"... okaaaaay, wait right here a second while I head for the door." Ridill says before he carefully begins sidestepping over to the door, keeping his eyes on the screen as he does so.


.

As the dummy waggles enticingly you're pretty sure you hear "Eaaaat the dummy tassssty dummy..."


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

”No.” Ridill replies as he continues for the door.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom examines the teeth and then looks at Malvo's mouth. "Hmm.... I could use my cure light wounds spell to attach one of these into your mouth like Tornell did. What do you think, Malvo?"

Inside, Arytom heeds Ridill's warning and stays back with the others.

Artyom's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ricky's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


.

Finally the dummy is flung across the room and a gigantic mouth appears in the middle of the screen.

"Bah! They don't make adventurers proper any more. You ever eaten a tooth fairy? They're horrible! Fine. The Queen is that way." A weird tendril extends from the folding screen.

There's a pause.

"I'm Krzth. Pleased to meet you!" the tendril extends out to Ridill as if offering a handshake.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Ridill internally sighs. I'm going to regret this but it'd be rude not to.

Sticking his hand out to shake the tendril in gretting Ridill keeps a pleasant demanor. "Pleased ta meetcha, name's Ridill. And thanks."


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage
Artyom Julum wrote:
"Hmm.... I could use my cure light wounds spell to attach one of these into your mouth like Tornell did. What do you think, Malvo?"

"Nothing's hurt but my roguish good looks, so save your magic for now. We may need it later."

--------------------

Malvo watches as Ridill talks to the mouth on the screen. He winces slightly as the big man takes the offered tendril, but says nothing.


.

Turns out that shaking the hand of the weird folding screen mouth creature was a mistake. As Ridill clasps the tendril he realizes very, very quickly that he has become horribly stuck to the creature. It exclaims "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED!"

The folding screen suddenly changes into some sort of amorphous -thing- but whatever it is, it has very, very sharp teeth and a lot of tendrils.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 14:

This is the bane of all adventurers, a mimic. Strange aberrations that take the shape of appealing objects in the hopes of luring in the greedy or curious. Or easily fooled by the old handshake trick. Mimics are notorious for being covered in an intensely sticky substance they use to trap prey.

Initiative:

Ridill: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 (grappled)
Tornell: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Alara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Artyom: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Malvo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Mimic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Round One:

Tornell
Artyom
Malvo
---
Mimic
---
Ridill (grappled)
Alara

Tornell, Artyom, and Malvo are up! Ridill starts this fight grappled and really, really stuck to the creature.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom scowls as Ridill is caught by the monster. "Why would you do that?! What made you think that was a good idea?!"

Artyom's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Ricky's Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Artyom easily knows what this monster is. "A mimic! Be careful! Don't get caught in it!" He then lays a hand on Malvo and begins to chant the same spell he used on Tornell.

Casting resistance on Malvo. +1 to his saves for about 10 rounds. And if Tornell still has my resistance spell on him, that's +1 to his saves as well.

Since I rolled high on my knowledge check, do I know anything else about mimics?


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 7/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Malvo shakes his head as the creature is revealed, Why did I know that wasn't going to end well?

He doesn't say anything about it, however, instead calling out, "Release him, fiend!" as he runs around it, swinging his morningstar.

Moving through Ridill's square, past the mimic, under the (potentially mistaken) belief that it can't take an AoO while grappling. If it can, swing away! ;-)

Alara, once your turn comes up, that should give you a flank for sneak attack.

Swift action for arcane strike, standard to attack.
Attack (morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

”I’m a fey! I don’t do rude! We can’t!” Ridill curses. ”I knew this was gonna happen...”


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

"Stupid bloody tooth fortress full of crap that wants me dead. Isn't being in the Boneyard enough?"

Tornell grumbles and gripes as he advanced, drawing his morningstar.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


.

GM Rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Constrict: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Malvo moves in and swings out, harming the mimic which goes "Ow!" but as he hits, his morningstar sticks fast! Tornell tries an attack of his own, just sick of this s!~~, but his swing isn't the best he's ever done.

Ridill is just in a world of trouble as more tendrils pop out of the mimic and start throttling him!

Round One con't:

Tornell
Artyom
Malvo
---
Mimic
---
Ridill (grappled) (-7)
Alara

Ridll takes 7 damage! Malvo's weapon is stuck! DC 17 strength check to yank it out as a move action.


Ki Points: 1/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 7/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara moves in to try to get Ridill free. She swings her nunchaku at the mimic!

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Reflex Save?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

801 to 850 of 930 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.