[5e] Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Game Master GM Red

Maps
Loot Tracker

Initiative:

[dice=Eska]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Brax]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Arianna]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=James]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Met-Anoia]1d20+2[/dice


1,151 to 1,194 of 1,194 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

Haliel flies up, snatches the key and opens the gate while James continues to rain fire down upon the cultist.

Eldritch Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Eldritch Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"The Order of the White Angel sends its regards!" James calls in answer to who they are.


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

As Haliel opens the gate, Brax rushes down the stairs and positions himself on the bottom portion of the steps, creating a choke point. Brandishing his axe, he growls at the enemies below.

"Come at me if ye 'ave th' guts, ye wannabe mutts!" he snarls at them.

Brax moves into position to keep the combatants from coming up the stairs, since he can't get to the closest one with one move.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

So, did Arianna loose an arrow before this started, or is that her action for this round?


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

With the gate now open Met-Anoi'a wastes no time and follows after Brax. Pulling his whip free. He snaps the whip a few times to test the distance and the readies for battle.


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Ari you did 8 damage to the cultist in the surprise round you will get an in turn action.


That's right - Arianna gets a full turn here once I resolve the mysterious question marks... one minute.


GM Screen:

Dex, Cultist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Dex, Drake: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dagger v Arianna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dagger v Eska: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Eska's last acid splash gives the cultist a thorough coating, and he falls unconscious from the pain. Some of the oversplash falls onto the drake. Seeing the cultist down, James instead evokes a blast of eldritch magic at one of the drakes, opening a wound glowing with blue and green in its side.

But... The party's focus on the drakes below is soon broken. Howling drakes seems to have alerted others. The sound of dozens of footsteps and mischievous laughter rings out from the west, and up the staircase funnel an endless stream of kobolds and winged kobolds!

At least, black and white will provoke an AoO from Eska and Arianna if they're holding a melee weapon

The scaled minions rush Arianna and Eska, eagerly slicing their daggers, with one managing to cut a small wound in Eska's leg. Eska takes 3

Round 1
Eska (-3)
Brax
James
Met-Anoi'a
Kobolds
Winged Kobolds
Arianna
Drakes (Green -5, Yellow -1, Red -1)

Arianna is up

Starting next round, we'll bump Arianna to act with the rest of the party to make things flow better.

Combat Map


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska takes a swipe at a kobold as the flood of scaled minions descend upon her.
Stormfang vs Black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The attack does little other than suggest a threat.

She growls with her fang bared as one of the scaled creatures scores a glancing blow.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

I must have missed that.

Seeing that they're being flanked by kobolds, Arianna drops the bow and draws her sword. The blade draws blood and sends it spattering on the stone as she prepares for a hard fight.

Attack (Longsword, 2-hands) v. White: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


GM Screen:

Green, Bite vs Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Green, Tail vs Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Yellow, Bite vs Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Yellow, Tail vs Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Arianna makes quick work of the kobold, taking it down with a single strike.

The drakes turn and gallop towards Brax, and with the gate now open, two of them are able to chomp and tailslap their way through his flesh, leaving the dwarf bruised and bloodied. Brax takes 11

Round 2
Eska (-3)
Brax (-11)
James
Arianna
Met-Anoi'a

Kobolds
Winged Kobolds
Drakes (Green -5, Yellow -1, Red -1)

Everyone is up

Combat Map


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska steps to block the corridor to slowdown the tide of kobolds.

She strikes scoring a hit in on the back of one of her assailant as she nimbly moves around him.
Stormfang vs black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Upon hearing Brax cry out in pain. "Jester stick with the boys. Twice-Quick and I have this handled." She says with a bravado fuelled by the thrill of battle.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Attack(Longsword, 2-handed) v. Black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Miss.

Arianna steps up beside Eska, trying to finish off the kobold behind them before they find themselves dividing their attention, but can't quite manage to find the mark.

"I hope you're right about that, or we're gonna need Tymora's luck to not come out of this as bloodied shreds," she whispers to Eska.

Bonus action to give Eska a little inspiration. Add a d6 to a d20 roll anytime in the next ten minutes.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"How did I start being called Jester?" Power muses at his angel as he turns to the fight at the gate.

"It̮͈ͅ'͍̱͖s̰ b̦͖ͅe̬c̲au͈̞͖s̱͚e͙ y͍͖ͅo̥u're͇̮ s̺̺o ̝̣̠g̠oo̩͔̞d͔̪ ̟at̬ Killing͈ ̭I̦̙t͔͎," Haliel replies, deadpan, as she swoops down at the green drake.

"I hea̬ṟ̯͚ ͖̩t͔̠el̬̖l ̖̺t͓͇ͅhat͙͚ you̳͚͕ gu̟̦y͖s ̤r͓e͇͖ͅa̻̳͍lly hat̪͉e̥ͅ ͎iṱ̗̯ w̲̠̟h̰̥en̗ pe͕͇͚o̫̟p͔̲l͇e ̼s̪̰tick͎̝͓ ͍thei̺̜̟r ̘̭̖f̘i̝n̪̜ger͙s ͓up̼̗̩ ̮y̯̣o̱u̻r no͈̳͚s͙̬ẹ͍ͅ. ͇̱̝ ̳̩I̝͉̠s͔ th̥a̟͉̰t ̲tr͎̖̣u͓̹̳e͈̪͉?" Gliding in the air and using her un-real agility, she maneuvers herself to poke the nose of the green dragon-ling before nimbly jumping back and stealing enough attention for James to line up a good shot.

Eldritch Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Eldritch Advantage Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Eldritch Attack Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Growling in pain, Brax levels a deadly swing at one of the drakes with his trusty battleaxe. "Back, ye ugly beastie!" he snarls.

Brax will attack Green Drake.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

With the whip in hand, Met-Anoi'a uses it to its full capabilities. Snapping his wrist he lets the whip lash out at the drake immediately in front of Brax.

CRACK! Whip attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

With the whip in hand, Met-Anoi'a uses it to its full capabilities. Snapping his wrist he lets the whip lash out at the drake immediately in front of Brax.

CRACK! Whip attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7


I take it the double post was an accident? I could let you save that crit second roll for next round's action, if you want :)

GM Screen:

Winged vs Eska: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Black vs ARianna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Green, Bite v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Green, Tail v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d4 ⇒ 3
Yellow, Bite v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Yellow, Tail v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Blood sputters from the fresh wound Eska tears into the nearest kobold, while Arianna just misses her strike.

James, Brax, and Met-Anoi'a all focus their attacks on a single drake, with two of the three burning and chopping through more of its tough scaled hide.

The neverending stream of kobolds find themselves blocked off by Eska and Arianna. One of the winged ones hovers up above Eska, and drops a rock on her head, dizzying the sorceress. Eska takes 5
Turns out the Overrun rules are from the Dungeon Master's Guide, which we aren't using in this adventure, so too bad for the walled-off kobolds.

Brax continues to find himself surrounded by what were likely once cultists, or prisoners, now turned into almost-dragons through a creepy transformation ritual. The drakes bite and tailslap into the dwarf over and over again, a pool forming from the bloodspray dripping down the open gate. The dice are not so nice, and Brax takes.. umm.. 21.

Round 3
Eska (-8, d6 Inspiration die)
Brax (-32)
James
Arianna
Met-Anoi'a

Kobolds (Black -4)
Winged Kobolds
Drakes (Green -19, Yellow -1, Red -1)

Everyone is up

Combat Map


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Attack(longsword, 2-handed) v. Black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 That's better
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Arianna's second strike versus the kobold behind them proves better timed and the elven bard frees its head from its shoulders.


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska is caught off guard by the falling rock and is momentarily knocked off balance. She attacks the nearest kobold ineffectively.

Stormfang: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Nope I'll roll again when necessary thanks though :)

As Brax is mauled by the drake Met-Anoi'a quickly places his hands upon his back to support the beleaguered dwarf. He senses Brax can not take much more and calls out, "Blessed Hand of the Righteous I call upon you to use me as your vessel. Restore lifeblood to this one that he may continue your cause!" A jolt of white light bursts out from Brax and as it ends the dwarf can feel some of his wounds being knitted back together.

Use up Lay hands on Brax for 15 hit points

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

James is astounded and worried as Brax is besieged under a feast of teeth and scales.

He determines that the only action to alleviate the situation is to eliminate the foes.

Haliel does her best taking turns first slapping the green drake on the right side of the mouth, then retreating, then slapping his left side, then repeating.
"He̝̹̳h̯ h̞eh,͔̟̤ d͎u͉̠m͎b ̠̦do̺̱g.̰͇"

Eldritch Blast Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Eldritch Blast Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Eldritch Blast Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


After her strike, the kobold's head rolls off its shoulders and ends up at Arianna's feet. James continues hammering away at the drake with bright blasts of red anger and white pain, Haliel adding in a slap for good measure.

Met-Anoi'a calls to his god for help, healing Brax's wounds with glowing palms.

Round 4
Eska (-8, d6 Inspiration die)
Brax (-17)
James
Arianna
Met-Anoi'a
Kobolds
Winged Kobolds
Drakes (Green -24, Yellow -1, Red -1)

Brax is up

Combat Map


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Feeling the surge of healing power, Brax renews his stand against the transformed drakes with renewed determination. "Thank ye!" he calls back over his shoulder to Met-Anoi'a and then swings again at the one that appears hurt the most.

Brax will swing at Green.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

My virtual d20 is cursed. I've not been keeping count, but I haven't been able hit anything in combat since we've come back to the cave.


GM Rolls:

Green Bite v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Green Tail v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Yellow Bite v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Yellow Tail v Brax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Winged vs Eska: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Brax's battleaxe is awfully uncooperative today, and he whiffs once more.

The winged kobold swoops low with its dagger aimed for Eska, but she turns, dodging the attack. Not so with Brax, who takes another pair of bites from the drakes, reopening the wounds Met-Anoi'a had just healed. Brax takes 16

Round 5
Eska (-8, d6 Inspiration die)
Brax (-33)
James
Arianna
Met-Anoi'a

Kobolds
Winged Kobolds
Drakes (Green -24, Yellow -1, Red -1)

Everyone is up

Combat Map


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska adapts to the flying creature and strikes back as it attempts to stab her.

Stormfang: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 4


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Waiting to see the results of Eska's attack.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

The dwarf takes wound after wound, trying to valiantly stand his ground against the transmogrified cultists, but with his ineffectiveness in attacking them and the damage they are dealing, his self-preservation instinct comes to the surface. It comes to the surface screaming, in fact that if he doesn't do something different, he is going to bleed out and die on this cavern floor without having gained justice for Raakuze.

"Drop back!" he calls out. "Another blow like that'un an' I'll be seein' Raakuze sooner than ah'd like."

Hoping that the gate will lock when closed, Brax reaches out with his shield arm and pulls it shut and then staggers back up the stairs, hoping the bars will keep the aberrations from making an attack on his back.

Brax will Use An Object to close the gate (hoping it locks) and then will use his Action Surge to take another action and he will Disengage in case the creatures can attack through the bars.


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Let me know if Brax's action works DM then I will make my action.


A smart move!

Eska rips a large enough hole in the kobold's wings that it loses its ability to fly, and sputters to the ground. She stomps on its head to finish it off.

Seeing he's outnumbered and likely to be ripped apart by the army of drakes, Brax shuts the gate, watching as it the latch clicks shut from the same side he had entered in from. He quickly rushes back up the steps.

Round 5
Eska (-8, d6 Inspiration die)
Brax (-33)
James
Arianna
Met-Anoi'a

Kobolds
Winged Kobolds
Drakes (Green -24, Yellow -1, Red -1)

James, Arianna, and Met are up

Combat Map


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Arianna steps up in the gap Eska just opened and goes for the next Kobold in line.

Attack (Longsword, 2-handed) v. Pink: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"Oh man! Now it's just like cheating!" James exclaims as he keeps trying to finish the job on the green-winged drake.

Eldritch Blast Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Eldritch Blast Attack Advantage!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Eldritch Blast Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Ignoring the now closed gate Met-Anoi'a rushes up the steps after Brax.


GM Rolls:

Rock: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Arianna takes down another kobold, and James fries whatever remains of the green-eyed drake with another blast of eldritch magic.

A winged kobold ascends above Arianna's head, and dives across the room, hovering just above the pit the drakes are in.

Another floats up above her head, a jagged rock in its claw, and drops it from above. It falls short of the elf, bouncing down the stairs. The kobold behind catches it, loads it into its sling and flings it back at Arianna, bruising her. Arianna takes 6

Round 6
Eska (-8, d6 Inspiration die)
Brax (-33)
James
Arianna (-6)
Met-Anoi'a

Kobolds
Winged Kobolds
Drakes (Yellow -1, Red -1)

Everyone is up

Combat Map


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska gives chase and throws two daggers at the flying kobold.

The dagger sails through the air and lodges itself deep in the kobold's back.
dagger 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crit!: 1d4 ⇒ 2

dagger 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

From his vantange point, Brax wavers unsteadily on his feet. Covered in his own blood and with savage wounds of bone and muscle exposed to daylight, he lets his axe slip through his fingers to clatter on stone.

With the immeasurable pain giving him a focus, he temporarily pushes it to the back of his mind, thankful for it only for the reason that he knows he's still alive, the dwarf pulls his crossbow from his back. Doing his best to sight up the closest drake in the pit below, Brax squeezes the trigger and fires.

Brax fires at the Yellow drake.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Arianna grunts as the stone slams into her arm, but she doesn't give any other sign that the strike did anything. Her eyes glitter dangerously as she goes after the last of the grounded kobolds. Steel flashes and another arc of blood splatters on the stairs.

Attack (longsword, 2-handed): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Eyes up! The rest of the bastards have wings," she calls out.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

James, chuckling at as the green drake finally falls, comes over and slaps Brax on the back.

"Be not so ready to take rest. This dance has only just begun!"

The dwarf feels a sublime healing warmth flow through him.

2nd lvl Cure Wounds!1!: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 7) + 3 = 18

For her part, Haliel flies up to the flying kobold and, out of reflex, starts berating him.

"You ͇havẹ̜ ̫t̠h̲͉͕e̲͖̥ ͖͖i͙̫̮ntrins͖̩̭i̦c ̠̫̻aḇ̼͔il̳i̜ty̠ ̹̦to f̺̗̞l̳y̥͚͍.͚̱̪ S̻om̠̻̹e͉͙̗t̥hi͕̦n̠̟g̭̠ ̳that͉̯ ar͕̩c̺͔̰h-m͙̭̬ag̩̗es̬̪ ̫̻c̳̫e̹n̜ṭ͖u̖̪ri̜es old ̤̪̫ạr͖̹e̱̰͕ de̺͔̼n̲i̠̗͓e͓̳̘d and ͕͉̱ev̯̥en̳ a ma̞̲̘ge͙̫ o̥͎̮f ̻͕̮c̘o̯̲̯ṋs͔̬͖i̬̦͖d̙̟e̤̖̺rab̤le̖̠ sk̼͎i̘l̥̟l an̯̼͕d ab̪̬il͔it͖͔̤y ̻͓̥ca͔͙n̞ ͍̦̘no̖t ̳r̟͕e͍̬͓p͖̥l̥i͚̩̯ca̖te.

A̯̠̣nd̙̣̱ ̘y͈o̖̰u̦ u̖͙̲s̥e̟ i̭̱͓t͔ to d͇̹̼ro̰̰p rocks. ̳ ̝ͅAr̤e̼̲̩ you̳̣ p̗r͓ou͔̘d̖ ̹̱̠of̱̬ y͔̯͔ou̳̼r l̺̱̼i̘̦fe͖̥̰?"


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

DM is the flying kobold within range of my whip? It has reach


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Talked to Met, he said to bot him this round, so!
CRACK! Whip attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Arianna adds one more kobold to the pile of corpses. Eska turns and gives chase, her daggers tearing through the wings of a kobold. Blood pours from its body, yet it stubbornly remains in flight.

Brax wounds a drake, while Met-Anoi'a fumbles horribly with his whip as attempts to slap the creature out of the air. The winged kobold sputters down at the gate's lock and starts smashing at it, while the two others fly away from Arianna, and towards the gate.

Round 7
Eska (-8, d6 Inspiration die)
Brax (-33)
James
Arianna (-6)
Met-Anoi'a

Winged Kobolds (Blue -6)
Drakes (Yellow -7, Red -1)

Everyone is up

Combat Map


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

"Thankee!" Brax exclaims as the worst of his wounds begin to knit up and heal. Seeing the winged kobold start to assault the gate lock, Brax quickly reloads his crossbow. "Do na let that little bugga break th' lock!" he calls out as he takes aim and fires at the winged abberration.

Brax fires at Blue Winged Kobold

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |
DM Red wrote:
The winged kobold sputters down at the gate's lock

As the kobold turns and flies away from Haliel, she sees her opportunity and strikes at his back!

Haliel Attack of Opportunity GO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

But combat really isn't her thing and she ends up turning a somersault in the air.

Frowning cutely, she keeps following the kobold. Burning with rage and impotence and a desire to distract him forcefully, she can't think of words and, bending to the pressure of immediacy, she decides to screw it and lifts up her shirt.

James, not knowing what his angel is doing but sensing his moment, tosses a blast in.

Eldritch Blast!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Eldritch Blast Advantage!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Eldritch Blast Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Haliel proves _very_ distracting.


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska hurls an orb of acid at one of the flying kobolds

acid vs grey | dc 14 dex : 1d6 ⇒ 4


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Arianna grabs her bow and moves to get a clear shot at the flying kobolds. She draws a bead on the closest, seeing that James and his peculiar angle have he one after the lock handled.

Attack (shortbow) v. Orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Oh that's just perfect.


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Having no weapon that is likely to reach the kobolds Met-Anoi'a hurries back to the gate in case it should open again. Storing away his whip he pulls out the great blade from his back and prepares.

1,151 to 1,194 of 1,194 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.