[5e] Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Game Master GM Red

Maps
Loot Tracker

Initiative:

[dice=Eska]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Brax]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Arianna]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=James]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Met-Anoia]1d20+2[/dice


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,194 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

"So are we looking at causing a ruckus, bedlam, or mayhem," Arianna asks as she follows Eska towards the chanting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

I forgot to refresh to make sure there weren't any new posts before posting.

Arianna bites back a gasp as she sees the display before her. Her first thought is how to stop the chanting, and if the seemingly naked and helpless people were truly helpless.

Basically, can she see any signs of gear that would belong to them, and is it cultists gear or the stuff we found on the prisoners?


Looking at one corner of the room, the party can see a pile of robes not unlike those they had seen during the raid on Greenest. Whatever strange touching ritual the chanters are involved in doesn't seem forced from what Eska can tell. Their eyes are closed and their words are accompanied by breathy whispers and moans.

I haven't yet put their tokens on the map yet, but it sounds like Eska's moving in to start the fight?


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

peferably with surpise yes starting this fight


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

"Be careful, lasses," Brax whispers as Eska and Arianna move to the front of the group to take up reconnaissance positions.

"Stewpid armur," Brax mutters. "What ye git inna pretectun, ye lose in sneakiness."

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"It could be.worse," Power mutters to Brad as.he bangs bis head together to start the power flowing.
"Alright Haliel, lets go start some trouble."


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Seeing that these were probably cultists, Arianna moves in with Eska, intending to pay these evildoers back for the carnage in Greenest. She pauses only long enough to give Brax a nod to affirm that she would be careful as she could.

Same as Eska since Arianna is right there.


Added a token for Hayliel, James, but feel free to swap out the image (not that it can really be seen given its size). I've also grouped the cultists and guards together here to make things flow better.

Perception vs Stealth (Eska/Arianna):

Eska 20 Arianna 23
Guard Perception, Chanting Penalty: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 5 = 15
Guard Perception, Chanting Penalty: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 5 = 15
Guard Perception, Chanting Penalty: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 5 = 15

Eska and Arianna get close enough, the chanting cultists now in plain sight. They can also see the guards a little more closely, the three guards still facing away from the cultists, and take note of their scabbards which appear decorated with dragon motifs.

With no one noticing their approach, Eska and Arianna find themselves with the advantage of surprise...

Initiative:

Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Brax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Arianna: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
James: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Met-Anoia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
All Cultists: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
All Guards: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Surprise Round
Guards
Arianna
James
Cultists
Eska
Brax
Met-Anoi'a

Eska and Arianna are up

Caves Map


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Heedless of the danger Eska engages the cultists. She enters the ring of worship like some raging elemental and calls thunder down onto her position. To obliterate her foes.

Thunderwave 15ft aoe self | dc 14 ; half dmg & no 10-ft push: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 8) = 14

The cave protests under Eska's revealed power. The aura of her power is palpable energy crackles around her. "Your end is come. You worship an uncaring god as such it will not save you from me!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

On the off chance that I kill or severely damage a number of targets can i intimidate to break their morale or for some manner of tactical advantage?


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Arianna follows Eska in and strikes out at the first cultist she finds. Her sword is in both hands as she seeks to open the man up from hip to shoulder.

Attack (Longsword, 2-handed) v. Cultist north of her: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Strike them down!"

Her voice rings out like a clarion call, but for Met-Anoi'a it's a little more than that.

Met, take a 1d6 for inspiration.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thunderwave's radius is a 15 foot cube, and the point of origin is a face of that cube (PHB p. 204) rather than centered on the caster. You can't be included in the radius. From where Eska is standing, that's probably to the left to be able to hit the most foes.

DM Rolls:

Con Save, Cultist 1: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Con Save, Cultist 2: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Con Save, Cultist 3: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Con Save, Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Red vs Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Blue vs Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Green vs Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Eska enters the disturbing chanting circle, carefully stepping around the naked cultists, and then calls down a cube that booms with deafening thunder and crackles with white hot sparks. The cube throws three of the cultists and the guard back against the wall, two of them crushed by the force alone.

The chanting quickly flares into a cacophony of confusion, angry scowls and horrified screams.

"K-kill them!" The cultists demand of the guards as they scramble away towards their robes.

Meanwhile, Arianna rips open a gouge in one of the cultist's side.

The guards stumble through the cave as the thundering cube subsides, all three training their spears on Eska, yet only one manages to hit the evasive sorceress. Eska takes 3

Round 1
Guards (Green -7, Blue, Red)
Arianna
James

Cultists (Yellow -4, Purple, Black, White, Pink, Brown)
Eska (-3)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (Inspired 1d6)

James and Arianna are up

Caves Map


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Attack (Longsword, 2-handed) v. Yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Arianna huffs in annoyance as she lunges forward to finish off her target.

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

James stoutly rushes forward, the ever-nimble Haliel chasing first after him, and then ahead of him. As he concentrates on his hands and the power surrounding them grows, she flutters around the head of the cultist that is so nimbly dodging Arianna's blows.

"You͙̰ ͇h̰̱̩av͓̱e̪̠ ̦p̭re̜̪̗pa̩͎̗r̩͇ͅe͕d̜͔̰ ̦fo̰͓̖r ͈th̞is ̪̮mo̳͙̫m̪̩en͙t f̠or̙̼ ̬so͉ v̘e̝̖r̺̫y̭̣̪ ̼̮l̯͓o͔̥͙ng; ̺̘͉i̙t h̘̠̭as ͉co͈̮n͚sume̦d͙̭ͅ so̟ ̠̪̜ma̘̜̖n̹̤̭y w̼͇a͖̣k̥ͅi͇ͅn̦̗g͙͖ ͎͉hours an̰͇d ̯y̤̗o̯̯̫u̹͎ f̮͙̰el̩t̝ t͕͙h͉̬͈is̝̱ ̙wa͈s ̖t͈h͙̰e ͓͎p͇in̗n͕̩a̩c͉l̬̹e o̲͕̩f̗͔ y̩o̟ṳ̗̩r ͕li̮f͉e.̻͕̟ ̪̣ ̹̬̫An̯̺d no͇̘̳w̱̯ it is̟ ̹a̳l̤l ̱͈c̖͚r̰̯͉a̯s̫̪hin͕g d̻̼o̝̱̙w̬̠͎n̞̳ i̥̩n ̙fai̺̠͓l̲̲̻u̳re̝.̟̤͈ ͙̝ ̳͍How͍̟̘ ̭̗̦d̟͓̩o̩̩ ̻y̱̜͍ou feͅel riͅg̭̯h͚͖̩t ̼n͙̫̗ow?"

Power fails to hide a smirk. He would -hate- to be on the other end of his angel's blunt tongue.

Eldritch Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Eldritch Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Eldritch Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

@GM ohh kay, didn't realize that. i saw origin, self and cube and assumed that would mean I'm in the middle. The way you describe is preferable. I wouldn't have placed myself where i was if i had known that but whatever moving on...

Eska feels the thrill of battle as she unleashes her powerful but untested magic. Eska is a whirlwind surrounded as she may be she is only just grazed by a cultist spear. With her blood awakened hardened azure scales flash into focus on pure instinct where she is unable to defend herself.

If attacked by the mob => Reaction to being attacked: +5 AC for the turn

Can my intimidate be used to help provoke the attention of the combatants so that i am a focus rather than Ari or others? unsure if the nude mob are up for a fight but in case they are...


@Eska, yep, sure.

The cultist tries to swat Hayliel out of the air, and in doing so doesn't see Arianna winding up another strike. He slumps over as the blade slinks through him.

Going to just redirect James' attack to another cultist, in this case.

James blasts another cultist with eldritch magic, and she turns and runs to the corner of the cave, the other cultists joining her as they move to cover themselves up. Then they face back towards the party, fists raised. "Surround the white-haired witch and pound her down. What we lack in arms, we will make up for in numbers. For Tiamat!"

Round 1
Guards (Green -7, Blue, Red)
Arianna
James
Cultists (Purple, Black -8, White, Pink, Brown)
Eska (-3)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (Inspired 1d6)

Eska, Brax, and Met are up

Caves Map


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

With Brax being last in the marching order, he dashes into the cave, battleaxe at the ready.

"Over me dead bodee ye'll be poundin' 'er down! Ye want ta try that dumb *&%! with me, ye craven scale skulkers? I'll tell ye now that I stand tall as a mountin peak an' I hit back!" he declares, waving his weapon for all to see.


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Shield Reaction in play
Patches of azure scales flow across Eska's skin instinctively seeking to protect her from harm

Eska roars a battlecry and lashes out with her Stormfang. The deadly weapon is swift as lighting and easily finds it's target.
Stormfang vs Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

She follows up with her second dagger in a seamless flow of blades.
Dagger vs Green or next target: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 3

I think it's them who need protection from ME Brax lol


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Dressed in his chain mail Met-Anoi'a pushes ahead positioning himself in between the closest guard and Arianna. The great blade drawn he eyes the guard ready to defend the injured elf.

Dash


DM Rolls:

Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Brax and Met-Anoi'a rush into the fray, hoping to defend their less armored companions.

Eska's bravery pays off, as she brings one of the armored guards to his knees with her next stab. Her second strike tears open blue's wrist, the guard grunting as he nearly drops the spear. He strikes back, the metal tip bouncing off an invisible, magical shield that appears just in time to negate the damage.

Round 2
Guards (Blue -3, Red)
Arianna
James

Cultists (Purple, Black -8, White, Pink, Brown)
Eska (-3)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (Inspired 1d6)

Arianna and James are up

Caves Map

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

Blargh. Somehow I en-biggened the angel.

Power moves out to get a better shot on the thronging mass of cultists."Oh no. No no no. You don't get to just run away and go home. Oh no. You'd just cause more trouble later. When we got ya all in one place we gotta clean house," he says, readying his bolt.

"Y͎̱ou̜ ͈e̟̻n̪tru̙͔st̤ed ̱̲yo̹͕u̞͈̙ l̠͕ife ̝̘̬to͓̣ ̤̮yo̫̗̖ur͙̟ ̥guard̯̞s and ͙̲not̲ ̻͙one ͎o̙̜f ̰̤̼t̩̠hem ͉ͅc̠̜a͙̙n͙̠ e͇͓n̯͇̠ga̞g̦̗͖e͉̝̠ ͓ụ͍s̺̜. ͕ N͓o̗ one ca͈n ͚͓̱hel̪p̤ ̬y̭͍o̺̼u.̘̣ ̙̠͇ P̹l̞us͕,̜ ̺͚w͇̟e'̙̫͎ṿ̯̠e alr̟e̠ady͎̳͙ s͎ee̹̻̮n̙ y̟ou ͕̺͉nak̥̺ed," Haliel taunts, following the black-robed cultist.

E Blast Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
E Blast Attack Advantage!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
E Blast Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Attack (Longsword, 2-handed) v. Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Probably not, but here's hopin'!
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Arianna sweeps around Met to meet with the armored cultist he has wounded. A moment of fear as she flashes back to the previous fight where the guards had cut her down causes her to hesitate, and the blow isn't as accurate as she is hoping is will be.


DM Rolls:

Black, Unarmed vs James: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 1 dmg if it hits
Purple, Unarmed vs Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Pink, Unarmed vs ESka: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Crit
White, Unarmed vs Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Hayliel's words (and the tone of her voice, probably) are enough to throw off the cultist's guard, and James smokes him in the chest with eldritch magic, taking him down. Unfortunately, Arianna's blade clangs off the guard's chain shirt.

"It isn't about seeing our flesh, you fool. These robes bring us power," the cultist snaps as he rushes back at James, throwing a not-so-powerful clumsy fist. The rest of the cultists surround Eska, one managing to land an uppercut, bruising the sorceress. Eska takes 2

Round 2
Guards (Blue -3, Red)
Arianna
James
Cultists (Purple, White, Pink, Brown)
Eska (-5)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (Inspired 1d6)

Eska, Brax, and Met are up

Caves Map


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

For Met-Anoi'a it was clear that he was sent here by Torm to end this facade. Whatever this cult was doing it was intent upon bringing destruction upon Faerun. Greenrest had been the first. His visions revealed what the cult intended on doing.

Adjusting his grip he spun the blade and cut down on the injured guard blue. These were pawns. The naked ones had answers. Answers he would get.

CLEAVE! Great sword attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska strikes back at the cultist that managed to hit her. Pink

Stormfang: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

"Mebbe they do, but it still won't save ye from certain death," Brax grouses as he moves up to protect Eska's back. With no mercy in his eyes, he swings his axe at one of the cultists trying to gang up on her.

Brax moves and takes a swing at White.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


DM Rolls:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

His chest cut open, the blue-eyed guard falls at Met-Anoi'a's feet with a horrifying death cry. Brax and Eska wound two more cultists, but it doesn't seem enough to stop them.

The remaining guard steps south and strikes at Met with his spear, grinning wickedly as he pokes a hole in the paladin's leg. Met takes 2

Round 4
Guard (Red)
Arianna
James

Cultists (Purple, White -6, Pink -6, Brown)
Eska (-5)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (-2, Inspired 1d6)

Arianna and James are up

Map


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Feeling the spear rip into his flesh Met-Anoi'a turns to face the wielder. Trained to control his emotions he stares at the man imprinting his face to memory.

'Another zealot to die at the end of my blade. Remember his crimes. Avenge those who he mercilessly struck down.'

Pointing his blade at the man Met-Anoi'a says to the others, "Leave this one to me. There will be no repentance for him."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"Are you sure, Met old boy? I think I could nail him from here," James calls out before the press of bodies make that claim no longer an uncertainty. Instead he just shrugs and tries to find his angel.

Haliel seems to be better and keeping track of who needs to die next, and flutters over to the white-robed cultist.

"You ͙s̭̗̞h̫o̗͙ͅu̞̤ld̟̥n̤̰'͍̘t̜͎ we̱̯͕ar t̫͖̻ha̤̹t͓͖͚ c͉̫̻oḻ̺̯or.̣̞ ̥͚I͈͉t͓̥̭ ͎͎̱r̮̹ͅe̝̙͇p͉͇r̠̳̯e̳s̟̗̪en͓̰̳t̘̩̼s̯̗̘ p̗̼̞ur̝͈̰iṭy͈ ͖and̝̙̣ ̤͍͎ri̥̤g͎̞h̰̬ͅt͕̼eo̭̯̮usn̳͚͓es̝͔͍s aṇ̭d̺̰ ͉̜̰a͍̼l͓̦l̙ th̭i̯ṇ͖gs̱ ̣͓͍good̟̼̘-̻͈-͉̲co͕̮m̙͔̰p̘̪letel͇y t̜ͅhe o̜p̦̲pͅo̪̘͕s̱̗̻i̱̳̦te͖ ̳o̖̰f T̼̫̱i̖a͕̪͖m̝̙at̼. Plu͚͓̦s,̤̭ ͇iṭ̣ ̩m͇̱͓ak̳̪e̩̟̘s̫ ͎y̺ͅo͖͉̳u̬̺͍ ̻͎̹lo̮̰o͙̗k ̩̻̜fa̝̖t."

Power chuckles as he follows Haliel's lead. A lance of green savior with a hint of pink mirth shoots out.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack Advantage!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Aaaaaaaah not today. Lucky point.
Attack Advantage Lucky Advantage!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


"Your pact is through this angel, is it?" The white-robed cultist grins. "Imagine how weak you will become if it should... die." He throws his head back as if he's about to laugh, and then stops suddenly, his eyes dimming below the lance now protruding from his head.

Round 4
Guard (Red)
Arianna
James
Cultists (Purple, Pink -6, Brown)
Eska (-5)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (-2, Inspired 1d6)

Arianna is up

Map


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Man, I'm missing cues left and right this weekend.

The blood beginning to flow brings that night of fire and pain from where it lurks beyond her nightmares. For a moment her eyes go unfocused, but thankfully Met-Anoi'a is more than enough to keep the guard from noticing her brief lapse. She sees the cultist to her right is distracted by the bleeding wound she has and decides to save one for questioning. She feints a jab at the guards face before twisting like a writhing viper to bring the pommel of her sword crashing into the back of the cultist's skull.

Attack (Longsword, 2-handed, Nonlethal): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 I hope that's enough to knock that one out.


DM Rolls:

Unarmed vs James: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Unarmed vs James: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Arianna's weapon hits the cultist hard enough that her body suddenly goes limp. Gravity quickly takes over, and she collapses in a heap, her eyes rolling back in her head.

Two cultists near James take turns throwing punches at him, and both manage to land hits, lightly bruising the warlock. James takes 3

Round 4
Guard (Red)
Arianna
James (-3)
Cultists (Purple, Pink (Unconscious), Brown)
Eska (-5)
Brax
Met-Anoi'a (-2, Inspired 1d6)

Eska, Brax, and Met-Anoi'a are up

Map

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

As the bare-knuckled blows land and the ether-stuff, Amriel's head pokes up...then she gives the equivalent of an ephemeral angel-shrug and ducks back down.

James get the emotion-impression of 'It ain't even worth it.'


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

CLEAVE! Great sword swing+insp: 1d20 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + (4) + 4 = 16
damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 2 = 10
smite: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Hearing Arianna words they eerily focus his mind and he strikes the guard. The blade cuts clean into the man only to be followed by a silver wave that pulses from the great blade also tearing into the guard.


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska continues storming the enemy cultists with a dance of blades. However having expended so much enèrgy in so little time her momentum starts to slow.

Stormfang: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 3 |AC:16| HP:19/34|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Backing up Eska, Brax steps up and swings his axe at another cultist, angry zeal behind the sweep of his weapon.

Brax moves up and attacks Pink.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Met-Anoi'a, Eska, and Brax sweep through the remaining three Tiamat-worshiping cultists, the cavern now in an entirely gruesome state.

Out of combat

Looking through the bodies while avoiding puddles of spatter, the party finds that the guards had ordinary equipment, save for their scabbards, which are decorated with dragon motifs. It's likely that they could be sold for more than an ordinary scabbard, or perhaps there's another use for them? The guards also carried coins and small gemstones totaling to 120 gp.

... And the usual mundane equipment (spears, chain shirts).

Dark Archive

Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"Let us take all they have. Methinks Greenest will need all it can take. They hve already lost so much, and who knows what more they might lose."

Power strips the bodies completely with the detachment of one inured to gruesomeness.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Arianna tries to help James, but the act of stripping the corpses is just too ghoulish for her. She leaves the chamber with a shudder before James has even finished with the first one. As she tries to decide what she should do, she sees the smaller passage continuing. Surely the others won't be too mad at her for taking a look ahead as long as she's careful, right?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Welp, that's what I get for tempting fickle fate. I just hope Arianna survives whatever happens next for y'all to be mad at her.


3x Chain Shirts @ 20 lbs each, 3x Spears @ 3 lbs each, 8x robes @ 5 lbs each. Split between all of you, it should be within your carrying capacity, but something to keep in mind when looting enemies clean. :)

While James starts stripping bodies of equipment to help resupply Greenest, Arianna leaves and starts exploring. She comes upon another room that's mostly empty, save for a few overturned boxes, broken items, scattered coins, and small gems. The coins total to 16 gold.

Leaning back on a box is another cultist, drool trickling out of his mouth, snoring loudly. Several empty bottles of wine are propped up against his arm.

Map


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska takes one of the dragon scabbards and continues the cavern investigation with Arianna.

stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Still a bit spun from the previous battle she does a poor job at traversing the cave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Seeing the sleeping man, she wonders how he had managed to sleep through the fight with the cultists, then she sees the bottles. For a moment, she's back in the grove where Grumble and his band were imbibing deeply of the liquor she'd delivered and getting too drunk to pay much attention to anything. This fellow was in a similar state, she realizes as she hears Eska scuff the floor, much to their good fortune.

She leaves him for now, sneaking to the next passageway craved into the rock.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Yeesh, them rolls.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've moved the rest of you ahead to the drunken-cultist chamber, and moved Eska along with Arianna as the two scout ahead.

DM Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Arianna stalks forward into the next room: a chamber that contains a writing desk and a stool, several tables with books and papers, and a mirror on a floor stand. Light comes from two oil lamps. Thick rugs completely cover the floor.

It also contains a person.

"If you really wanted to sneak up on me after that noisy murderfest you just carried out, you might've tried an invisibility potion," a woman calls. The voice is a massive frozen sea swell that washes over Arianna, chilling her to the core. It's so familiar to her, just like it was when she heard it a few days ago. Even Eska recognizes that standing in this room, halbred in hand, is Frulam Mondath.

She holds her weapon out, standing with a narrow bearing, her eyes fixed on the passageway. "We spared you once, but to come into our caves nosing about? Foolhardy, all of you. I'll see to it that you, too, take the worm after we're done here. It'll be so sweet to watch you all birth kobolds in the coming days. Perhaps you can choose names for your scaled children of Tiamat before I kill you."

She throws her head back, cackling. "Let me show you what it feels like to fight a woman... imbued with the spirit of a dragon!"

Initiative:

Eska: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Brax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Arianna: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
James: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Met-Anoia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Mondath: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Round 1
Eska
Met-Anoi'a
Arianna
James

Frulam Mondath
Brax

Eska, Met, Arianna, and James are up

Caves Map


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

An echo of cackling laughter fills the passage. Met-Anoi'a looks up seeing it can only come from one direction. The same direction that both Eska and Arianna have moved off in.

Leaving the others behind Met-Anoi'a races to find his two new companions. Inside the chamber he sees not only Arianna and Eska but also a strange woman dressed in elegant purple robes befitting someone of high standing. A halberd is held firmly in her hands and by her stance Met-Anoi'a immediately anticipates she will go on the offensive. Positioning himself between Eska and the woman Met-anoi'a raises his sword ready to defend.

dash to get in front of Eska


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

With Frulam Mondath seemingly alone Eska senses her opportunity for revenge is finally upon her. She remembers the lessons learned from her nightmares and the the jeering figures untouchable by her small blades. She channels lighting though her Stormfang to devour her hated enemy.

Witchbolt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Witchbolt: 2d12 ⇒ (7, 2) = 9

"You underestimate me for the last time Witch!"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 0/4 |Lucky: 2/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 3| AC: 14 | HP: 28/28[8] | 2nd: 1/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

James rushes forward and takes in the scene before him. He nods to himself and mumbles, "I figured as much," before launching a blast at the woman.

Haliel can not reach the Frulam, but she flutters as close as she can. At the mention birthing kobolds she laughs. "Y̪̭o͍ͅu̗͎͙ ͇̫sha͓̗l͚̯l̹̜ͅ fi̯̲n̤d ̱̝̫m͍̘͚e͙ ͕p̘̥̤a͚͍̺r̜t͓ic͕̼͖ular̭̻l͔̳͈y dḭ̜̤ff̻̜̪i̹͙cu͔̼l̮t͇, ̬in͕̝ͅ t͙̤̠ha̦̰͎t ̹͙mat̤͉ter."

She doesn't elaborate.

Eldritch Blast!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Eldritch Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 ._.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Arianna follows Eska in, circling around to work her way behind the evil woman, but she is more timid than her lightning wielding friend. She wants nothing more than to run from this place and hide somewhere that she can pull after herself, but she can't, not in good conscious. She instead puts on a mask of bravado and hopes that she can throw the woman off enough to have her let some information slip.

"While I think most of my friends would be just as happy to kill you as help you, I do have something that's been bugging me lately. Why do I know you?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Frulam looks sidelong at Arianna, studying her face. "Ah... Could it be? I'd not forget that hair, even after all this time." She cackles again, this time even more sharply, as if filled with purpose. "Your parents were cunning. Determined. Yet perhaps too devout. Thought they'd been summoned to this world in service to Tiamat - bless Her - Herself. They'd tried to ascend to such a level in the Cult that they'd be granted a dragon mask," she scoffs. "You don't get that far up without taking a few names. They'd left my associates and I with quite a predicament, not wanting to weaken the cult by... removing others. Even still, what does one do when their rivals plot to surpass them?" She spread her arms proudly. "Easy. Kill them before they kill you."

Frulam stumbles, Eska's bolt causing her skin to smoke. Still, she grins wickedly, still focused on Arianna. "How about rejoining us? I happen to be looking for another lieutenant," she laughs, leaning away to avoid the eldritch blast barreling through the room.

Round 1
Eska
Met-Anoi'a
Arianna
James
Frulam Mondath (-9)
Brax

I think Arianna still has an action here? Or am I wrong?

Caves Map


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 18/18 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +5, Investigate: +3, Insight: +2 | Inspiration (d6): 1/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 5

Not wrong, but Arianna is going to be a bit processing what just happened. That should use up that action nicely. Post coming later tonight, just thought I’d help keep things moving.


Frulam Mondath steps forward, her eyes glowing bright purple. She holds her halbred out, and from its blade fly a dozen translucent undead dragons that flit about Met-Anoi'a, Eska, and Hayliel's heads. The distraction is unnerving and the three suddenly feel sapped of strength, but for some reason, the fiendish creatures all but avoid Arianna.

If you are within 15 feet of Frulam Mondath (excluding Arianna) your speed is halved, and you will need a DC 14 Wis save on your turn. Roll your saves first please. If you enter within 15 feet of her, you'll also suffer these same effects and need a save.

Round 2
Eska
Met-Anoi'a
Arianna
James

Frulam Mondath (-9)
Brax

Everyone is up!

Caves Map


Male LG Tiefling Paladin 3 AC: 16 | HP: 28/28| Perception: 11 | Init: +2 | Saves: S +2, D +2, C 0, I 0, W +3, Ch +4 | Spell Slots: (L1) 1 | Condition: Stabilized | HD Used: 2 | Lay Hands: 0/15

Wis save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


F Half-Elf CG 3-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 19/27 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Wis save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Eska's will proves unshakable.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,194 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.