[5e] Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Game Master GM Red

Maps
Loot Tracker

Initiative:

[dice=Eska]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Navarre]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Raak]1d20-2[/dice
[dice=Brax]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Arianna]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Orion]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Orion Adv]1d20+4[/dice


801 to 849 of 849 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

'Failed again by this feeble frame!' Raakuzedu'lon'ros keeps his eyes focused on the woman who must be Rezmir. Completely surrounded and too far from the edge of the camp to actually think that running would allow them any freedom he weighs the options. Fight. Lie. Or tell the truth.
He waited with his shield held up just high enough to defend himself or the others should a battle begin. 'This is not how I will die, Lord Bahamut.'


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna starts to shy away from Mondath's gaze, but she stops, frozen like a statue, as memories, nightmares really, come back to her. Blood, screams, her screams, and voice that mocked her pain and suffering, this woman's voice. Her skin begins to crawl and her heart raced as she thought of something, anything, that could get them out. She takes two shaky steps back, her head bowed to keep their enemies from seeing her tear up and cry. Dying, she can take with some dignity, but something screams in the back of her mind and warns her that this one would take her time with her. Torture, she finds, is something that terrifies her.


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

He could see the elven maid backing away warily. IF she ran she would likely die a slow death as the cultists and kobold would drag her down from behind and do who knows what else before they grew tired of their sickening games.

Reaching out with his free hand Raakuzedu'lon'ros tries to grip Arianna to keep her amongst the group and also whispering, "Stay strong...ARIANNA. Do not break...RANKS...She will slay us...ALL."


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna stiffens at Raakuze's touch, unable to even turn or acknowledge him. He can feel her trembling with terror through his grip. He can't know why she was so afraid, but there is no denying her fear.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 3/3 |Lucky: 1/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 2| AC: 14 | HP: 19/19[8] | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

Power chuckles.

He smiles. BIG. Big and bright. And steps forward, casually. His arms are outstretched.

He is laughing.

"Greetings!" he opens. He doesn't see the camp. The kobolds. The followers. This is -his- camp. This is -his- mission. He read the reports. He knows the numbers. He -volunteered- for this mission. He -made- himself memorize the names of -each- dead villager this cult has left in its wake. They are NOT just numbers.

Not for him.

"Hello, Mondath. It's so _nice_ to finally meet you all live an' such. We've had our eyes on you for a _very_ long time. ALL of our eyes.

Patience, Langdedrosa!" he calls, regardless as if the over-grown half-dragon said anything or not. He was -thinking- about saying something. "The adults are talking."

He chuckles at that.

"Forgive me, I forget my manners. I know you--everything about you--but you do not know me. You know nothing about me. Some would say that's a gross error on your part. They would be right. But let's move past that.

I..." he bows with a flourish, the Heroes know what is coming. "...am Power. And _I_ am here...to accept your surrender.

The Order of the White Angel is on their way. You go too far, woman. We were willing to let you be--after all, some evil is the way of the world--but, alas, Greenest was a step too far. You've stepped up to the BIG LEAGUES and, well, there's a reason Tiamat doesn't rule the world -now-, isn't there.

The Order is on their way. Brother Aterro Dominatus himself is leading a company of DeathDealers here. I've already told him where you are, and you are hardly in a position to rapidly move out of his swiftly-striding path.

But the nature of how you are handled is, well...still up in the air.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather have this discussion in your tent, seated in comfortable chairs with a glass of good wine?

Or do you want to stay here so your bully-boy can ensure this degenerates into uncivilized fisticuffs?"

Talking and Deceiving!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Well, 'at egg's been 'atched, Brax thought to himself. Lessee 'ow this reptile luvin b#&@* responds 'an go from there.


DM Rolls:

James, Adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Mondath, Wis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Frulam Mondath's face twists as James boldly tells her about the coming of the Order. She steps up real close to James, the cultists nearby chuckling in anticipation. "How very foolish of you to threaten us like this when you find yourselves in such a... precarious position."

"Even if the Order of the White Angel are on their way, we are over a hundred strong, and now that you've given us a warning, we'll be even more prepared. How very... thoughtful of you, Power. You have my thanks for that," Mondath sweetly smiles.

Then she turns with a quick swoop and starts walking through the crowd. "Tie them up next to the monk. They'll be executed tomorrow."

The cultists approach and start freeing you of your weapons, tossing them into a bag. You could try to resist, but you're sure it'll only accelerate your death sentence. They soon bind your legs and arms, leading you to the wooden stakes next to Leosin. Once you're secured to the posts, the crowd mostly disperses, while Langdedrosa paces amongst you. "One whole night to think about how very stupid your decision to come into our camp was! Recount all of your precious memories and your heroic deeds. As for you," he stops in front of Eska, running his finger down her cheek. "I shall personally remove your head and add it my collection in your honor."

Then he turns and walks back into the larger tent, leaving you all roped up alongside Leosin, who looks to be severely beaten, but is still conscious.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Heelz: 3/3 |Lucky: 1/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 2| AC: 14 | HP: 19/19[8] | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"Excellent," James says, "I didn't think it would be this easy for them to fall into the trap.

OY!" he calls to the beaten Leosin. "Are you Leosin? Formerly of Greenest? We've been sent to rescue you."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Oddly enough, as Brax is stripped of his weapons by the cultists, his behavior is both very calm and placid, despite the circumstances the group finds themselves in. Oblivious to this demeanor, the cultists gave as much respect to dwarf as if he were a newborn lamb instead of the raging bull waiting for the right moment to unleash its wrath.

Ignoring James' comments and letting him turn his energy toward engaging their fellow captive in conversation, the once fallen militia officer first watched to see where their belongings were taken to after being bagged up. The next thing Brax did was to check his bonds and see just how well he'd been secured to the stakes. After that, he focused on their surroundings, watching to see where guards, if any, had been posted to observe them as well as keeping an eye out for enemy patrols and, if any, making notes of their intervals.

Perception (Where the party's weapons are taken): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Perception (Bindings): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Perception (Guard Postings & Patrols): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

So close, but so far. As tempting as it would be to strike at the witch Frulam's heart Three-Dog taught her the virtue of patience. Obviously the enemy would want to grand stand over their "victory" here but every moment was an opportunity.

Eska tries to seize a moment during the conversation to hide her precious Dragon Fang.
sleight of hand: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Eska bares her teeth and snaps at Langdedrosa's hand. As the half dragon draws its hand across her cheek.


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

Noting a fight here will lead to a quick death Raakuzedu'lon'ros freely allows his weapons and armour to be taken.

There would be no escape while all eyes were on them but maybe with their their captor's attention turned aside there would be another chance to freedom.

His hopes lay on Eska the arcane coursed through her and he knew the captors did not know this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna doesn't fight as they take her weapons, but as they go for the hood of the robes, she grabs it and holds onto it as tightly as she can. The cultists pull and tug more violently as they hurl curses and jeers at her. Several of the cultists gang up on her, tearing away the robe and hood to reveal her silver hair and batter her to the ground as they do the same with the leather armor she wears.

They haul her to her feet, half dragging her, half guiding her to the stakes. Her blouse drapes off one shoulder where it has been torn and a deep bruise is already forming on her cheek. The jeers come more thickly now as she is tied next to the others, her head lolling about and spilling her hair over her shoulders.

After a moment, Arianna looks up, a bit dazed from the beating and confused about why she could remember Mondath.

"I-I remember her," she says, her normally melodious voice shaky and a bit hoarse. "Th-they're leader... I remember her."


Behind the scenes:

10d20 ⇒ (14, 3, 18, 11, 20, 12, 7, 10, 8, 16) = 119

Earlier

Eska tries to hide her small dragon-tooth... but with so many eyes on the party, it proves difficult to conceal a weapon, and the dagger is found when the party is stripped.

Now

The sky darkens, the last lick of sunlight dipping beneath the horizon. As you look ahead from your stakes, you see campfires being lit and cultists chattering about a second big success in only two days: capturing the villagers who had risen to defend Greenest.

Brax's eyes are keen: he notices the bag of weapons was tossed just outside the leader's tent that Langdedrosa and Mondath had entered, not more than a hundred feet from the party. The area behind the stakes and encircling the cliff-lined perimeter of the camp is chock with thick brush. The bindings are hemp rope tied in knots around your wrists and ankles and circled back around the stakes.

The half-elven prisoner nods over at James wearily. "A timely arrival, if not a little brazen," Leosin coughs. "I'd learned what I could of the Cult. Tiamat-obsessed. Raiding small and large villages, yet not taking many prisoners. Kobolds are here because they're easy to manipulate. Oh, and let's not forget the clutch of dragon eggs Rezmir intends on hatching," he manages a grim smile, blood covering his teeth.


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska struggles against the ropes furious that they stole her Fang. After a moment to settle and calm her head she tries using magic to weaken the rope.

RE:Acid splash

Dark Archive

Heelz: 3/3 |Lucky: 1/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 2| AC: 14 | HP: 19/19[8] | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

Power nods. "Very good, sir! Alright, with the coming of night 'twould seem that the time is right to make our egress, would you all say so?

Now for these ropes...."

Eldritch blast on the ropes. It's Force damage.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna looks around, trying to see if anyone was close enough to see what she was doing before starting to work her hands free of the rope.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Sleight of Hand (Closest thing I could think of for this): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Well, I'm pretty sure she's loose no matter what skill I needed. :D

Dark Archive

Heelz: 3/3 |Lucky: 1/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 2| AC: 14 | HP: 19/19[8] | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

"Hey! Weren't you tied up a moment ago?" "That was a moment ago."


DM Rolls:

Perception, cultists: 5d20 ⇒ (17, 11, 7, 8, 7) = 50

Arianna notices one group of four cultists patrolling the area, so she waits until they're not near, and then struggles desperately against the ropes, shifting and twisting her body to loosen them. It's a good ten minutes before she finally gets her chafed wrists free. Eska runs a length of acid down the rope and it burns away, a smell similar to burnt paper filling the air.

"Wait," Leosin nudges Power as he raises a hand to the ropes. "If the smell of that burnt rope didn't alert them, that blast definitely will, don't you think?"

Either way, Arianna and Eska find themselves freed just as quickly as they had been bound...

The setup, location of the tent, your supplies, the cliffs, and the patrols may be confusing here, so I can through together a map if it helps anyone visualize. Let me know if that's the case.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

About how long do we have before the next patrol comes by?

Ignoring the stinging pain in her wrists, Arianna begins to work on the rope around her ankles, hoping she had time before the cultists spotted her. She looks up, keeping an eye out for them as her fingers picked at the knots.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Sleight of Hand (Again, not sure, but 5e doesn't have an escape artist skill): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Yeesh, neither of those are good rolls. She'll try again if she doesn't spot anyone.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 I think that should do it.


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska helps Arianna free the others

Eska whispers "We got your precious monk, but we have to move quick I've no desire to be tied up again or worse."


No way to really know, they are disorganized and will patrol as frequently or infrequently as Tiamat wills. ;)

Arianna carefully watches the campfires ahead and any cultists, guards or kobolds who might decide to have a look back at the prisoners, and when she's sure enough it's safe to do so, she starts working on the bindings around her ankles. It takes a little longer this time, but she soon removes the last knot and falls free.

Eska also drops down, runs behind the stakes and unravels the rope tying Leosin, Raakuze, Brax, and Power as quickly as she can.

Leosin stretches his wrists and grimaces at the bruising. "Whew. Let's move quickly, there's no way we're going to get out of here without someone noticing it very soon."

You're in Area 3 on the map. Tents to the north and south (leader tent is #2), cliffs to the east, open area to the west.


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

As Brax is freed from his bonds by the others, he quickly speaks before any of his compatriots can. "Our geah, it be right over 'ere," he whispers hoarsely, pointing to the bag near the main tent. "But ye be fergittin somethin'. We not be th' only prisners in th' camp. They 'ave a death sentunce, only they'll by dyin slow, not quick. We go.....we all go."


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

"I-I can't fight her Brax. She's t-too strong," Arianna whimpers softly. If the others didn't know better, they'd say she was even more frightened now than when the dragon had shown up. Before anyone can comment, though, she slinks off to get their gear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Welp if I have ta bomb one, I'd rather bomb this one.


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

As his bonds are removed, Raakuzedu'lon'ros looks at the others and then considers their options. When Brax makes mention of the other slaves he nods in turn and places his hand upon the dwarf's shoulder.

Watching Arianna head off to get their equipment he turned to Leosin, "Why were you to...BE...killed? Did you...FIND...out something of importance? Of the other prisoners...ARE...you able...to guide us safely to the...OTHER...prisoners?" The urgency of the questions left little pause in Raakuzedu'lon'ros' tone that he wanted the answers now.


"Calm yourself, I'm just as eager to get out of here as you are," Leosin shoots Raakuze a pointed look. "Rezmir seems to have known that I was researching the cult's history and recent activity. She wanted to find out who I told and exactly what I had learned," the monk whispers as he starts surveying the cliffs and the foliage nearby, as if wondering if he could scale up it. "I intend on coming with you, and there will be plenty of time to talk.. if we manage to live."

"I'm afraid it will be futile to attempt to rescue the other prisoners. There are far too many cultists in this camp for the six of us to fight through," he stares at the ground grimly.

Meanwhile, Arianna slips off under cover of night and dashes alongside the tent, finding a spot behind it where no one can see her. She peeks around the corner, and notices the gear, yet just as she reaches out to grab the bag and pulls it into her lap, there's a voice not far off. "What? Did you see that?" Peeking around the corner once more, she notices two guards heading towards where the bag once was...

Depending on what you guys do now, I think I intend on running this using some of the Chase rules from Pathfinder.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Her heart thunders in her chest so loudly Arianna is amazed that the guards do not hear it. Seeing her time is short, she tries to make her way quickly and quietly to the others avoiding the light as she goes and praying the kobolds are away.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 ... I have no words for how horrible my luck is.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

In her haste, she trips, causing a racket. Knowing that her only hope is now in speed, she picks herself up and runs to the others.

"GO! GO! THEY'RE ON TO US!"


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

"No time for heroics Rocksteady." Eska comments to Brax as Arianna alerts the group.

"Run like the storm in on your heels. Cause i think what follows might be far worse."

Eska runs for the exit/entrance, chase rules away DM.


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

"I'll give ye the time ta get th other prisnurs out," Brax says to the others, grabbing his axe out of the bag as Arianna reaches the group but leaving his crossbow behind. "I'm tired ah leavin' othuhs behind ta die whilst I keep breathin'. Betta fer one ta die so that th' othuhs might live an today's as good a day to meet Moradin as any."

With that, Brax turns and runs toward the direction that Arianna came from to meet whatever might be chasing her, axe at the ready.


"The prisoners have escaped. Sound the alarm!" A guard screams. A gong rings out from the guard tower above the cliffs, everyone in the immediate area turning to see Arianna as she scrambles back with the bag of weapons.

Langdedrosa Cyanwrath peeks his big brawny head out of his tent as the guards rush towards the party. "OOH. An escape attempt. This is gonna be FUN!" He boasts.

Leosin frantically looks up at the cliffs and also ahead through the long descent through the camp and its hundreds of denizens. He limps towards the cliff, and it's then that you realize he's likely going to slow you down a little no matter which way you go.

You can roll Dexterity (Acrobatics) to attempt to scale the cliffs, which seem to have footholds and handholds. You can alternatively roll Strength (Athletics) to attempt to charge through the guards and past Langdedrosa. Just so you don't have to go back a few pages, the prisoners shackled to the stake at the bottom level of the camp, near the entrance.

I realize we risk a party split here, but I'm not about to tell you you all have to go the same way.


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

Looking the options Raakuzedu'lon'ros grabs Arianna and Eska with firm grips. "Take the...MONK...with you and...ESCAPE...down the cliff. I will head through...THEM...and buy you time!" With that Raakuzedu'lon'ros charges through the guards hopeful that the others will take his advice.

Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Raakuzedu'lon'ros barrels into the guards trying to grab their attention in the attempt he slips and finds their hands grasping at him!

hahaha crit fail does it get better than that.


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska gives Raakuze an incredulous look as he trundles towards the guards with as much force as his awkward gait allows him.

@GM Can I move ahead of Raakuze and attempt to blow the guards back with my Thunderwave spell (10ft knockback) to give us advantage on this check?


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna looks from Raakuze, to Brax, to Eska, her eyes darting like those of a cornered mouse, and she turns to run, unable to watch what she knows has to be coming. With all of the strength and speed she can muster in her terror-filled state, she begins to climb.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


@Eska, can you give me a Dex check?


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


DM Screen:

2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
Langdedrosa, COn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Guard 1, Con: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Guard 2, Con: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Guard 3, Con: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
Leosin climbs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Raakuze charges shoulder first towards the guards at full speed, somehow not noticing the massive half-dragon stepping out of the tent with his greatsword drawn. He trips and falls just as Langdedrosa swings his blade up and across, and the only thing lessening the depth of the wound Raakuze endures is Eska's timely thunderwave. Raakuze takes 9 and is prone, which will impact his next check for this chase

The man-dragon and his cultists stumble back from the force of the wave, Langdedrosa breaking out into an insane babble as blood seeps from deep scratches on his skin. "You actually hurt me! A brazen skull like yours deserves the honor of becoming part of my belt!"

Meanwhile, Arianna firmly plants her hands into the cliff and scales up quite quickly. Leosin follows behind, a little slower, but able to reach the top nonetheless.

Still need actions from Brax and James for this round before I post the next chase card. Eska needs to choose to flee or charge through. "Standard" actions like the one Eska chose to aid Raakuze are also permitted when you're up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Eska's burns with hatred. But she knows as long as she lives she will have another chance. Again she is underestimated by her foe the mighty half-dragon pays for his mistake with blood.

Still crackling with energy she calls out to Raakzue, then bolts. having done what she can the strange warrior will have to fend for himself.
भागना

Draconic:
"Get up and run!"

Eska flees

acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna looks down on the gathering below and turns away, unable to watch the slaughter she knows is coming. She carries the gear she'd pilfered, unable to take the time to sort through it and gather her things.

Still here, just waiting for the next post.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Brax is torn between trying to climb the cliffs with Arianna and helping Raakuze get past the cultist's guard's. When he sees Leosin climb up next to Arianna, he realizes that she's got someone to help her and that she's not on her own.

With that, the dwarf turns, looses a mighty bellow. "Fer MORADIIIIINNNNN!!!!!!" he yells as he charges the guards that impede Raakuze's progress. As he runs by the tent, he turns his axe to let the blade snap a few of the ropes in the hope it will partially collapse on Langdedrosa.

Battleaxe vs. Tent Ropes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

got to love these 1's

Dark Archive

Heelz: 3/3 |Lucky: 1/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 2| AC: 14 | HP: 19/19[8] | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

'Aaaaand now would be the time to act,' James thinks as he takes in the situation.

"Hey Langdedrosa! He won't be the only one to hurt you today!" James calls as he looses a bolt of honey-colored discretion.

Blast!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

'Ah well they can't all be winners,' he thinks desultorily as chases after Eska.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Brax charges towards the guards with his axe aimed at the ropes supporting the tents, letting out a massive war cry on his way through, but such a bellow throws off his balance, and he cuts a deep gash into the soil below.

James looses an eldritch blast that dances just past Langdedrosa before turning to follow Eska. Both manage to scale their way to the top of the cliff to meet Leosin and Arianna, leaving Brax and Raakuze down below.

Even in spite of having nearly been cut open by Langdedrosa, Raakuze finds himself closer to the lower tier of the camp than he was before. And then.. Kobolds by the dozen come swarming up the camp, enthralled by the chaos rising, some running right past Brax and Raakuze while others form a circle in front. "Stupid minions, get out of my way!" An angry Langdedrosa shouts, his view blocked by the swarm.

Brax and Raakuze can roll Charisma (Intimidate) to attempt to scare their way through or Strength (Athletics) to simply charge through

Meanwhile, at the top of the cliffs...

"Release the hounds!" A group of cultists who have made their way down from the guard down come rushing for Arianna, two dragon dogs bounding their way along the cliff.

Arianna, Eska, and James can roll Wisdom (Animal Handling) to attempt to calm the dogs or Stealth to dash into the brush for cover


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Arianna doesn't turn to see what other horrors were coming after her. She just runs and slips into the brush, moving like a cat despite the sack she carries.

Just a reminder, I still have everyone's gear.

Dark Archive

Heelz: 3/3 |Lucky: 1/3 |FX: Human Celestial Warlock 2| AC: 14 | HP: 19/19[8] | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +4 |

Stealth!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

James turns the corner and meanders into nearby shrubbery.

'Maybe if we can lure them into a bottleneck...' he thinks, estimating that they can take on two dogs...but not two dogs and a legion of cultists.


F Half-Elf CG 2-Sorceress (Blue Dragon Ancestry) | HP 17/20 | AC 16 | Init +3 | Passive Perc 14 | Saves: Str +1, Dex +3, Con +5*, Int +1. Wis +2 Cha+6* |

Having stopped to help Raakuze, Eska finds her self drained and unable to make stealthy exit.
stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Letting out another roar, Brax charges toward the kobolds, swinging his axe ahead of him.

Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

It's been one of those days on all my PbP games where I've not rolled double digits on anything.


Male LG Human Fighter 2 (Calishite) AC: 16 | HP: 14/16| Perception: 14 | Init: -2 | Saves: Str +5, Dex -2, Con +4, Int +3. Wis +2 Cha+2 | Condition: Stabilized

Hearing Brax does not surprise him at all in fact it gives Raakuzedu'lon'ros the drive to get up. This dwarf would not see his end this night.

Following the lead of Brax, Raakuzedu'lon'ros tries taps into his true self but only manages a strained yell, "Move or...FIND...your death"

He felt that this night would see him at Bahumat side one way or another.

Intimidate (Cha): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Behind the screen:

Leosin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Above the Cliffs
Leosin gets as low as his bum knee will let him, and limps through the grass with Arianna, who manages to find a particularly thick patch of brush. As the dogs give chase and get close enough that he can feel their breath on the backs of his legs, James dives into the shrubs as well, narrowly avoiding the snaps of their jaws.

The dogs turn on Eska, who clumsily runs past them and feels a sharp scrape across her ankle just as she gets a peek of James' boot, and follows him through the shrubs. Eska takes 4

"Find them!" A cultist calls, the dragon dogs growling and prowling through the shurbs...

Inside the Camp
Raakuze lies on the ground, blood dripping in swaths from the wrathful strike of one Langdedrosa Cyanwrath. He stares up at the dozens of scaled humanoids forming a circle around him, their cackles and cheers filling the air. He finds both arms and legs grabbed by the kobolds as they hoist him up on his feet, cheering as if to present their trophy.

A calm falls over the camp... and then there's the sound of heavy boots sloshing through the mud as the familiar face of Langdedrosa steps through the crowd.

"Foolish hero, know that you die without purpose tonight!"

He turns his face to the sky. "That's right, HEROES, send your best, send your bravest! Or your most foolish, as it were. It matters not! Tiamat will rise again!"

It's loud enough that even Eska, Arianna, and James hear it.

Langdedrosa stares Raakuze in the eyes, his putrid breath condensing on the Calishite's face. Then he grabs his head in one hand. With the other, the man-dragon raises his greatsword, throws his arm down,... and then Raakuze's world goes black.

If nothing else, the capture allows Brax a chance to avoid notice, and he finds his way back to the lowest level of the camp - where the other prisoners are - just as he looks back to see Raakuze's detached head head aloft.

____
Sorry, Raakuze! This effectively ends the chase and I'll open up what you can do at this point. There's a couple dogs still trying to sniff out the three who escaped via the cliffs, while Brax finds himself alone and not far from both the prisoners and camp exit.


CG Female Moon Elf Bard 1 HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 | Saves: STR +3 DEX* +5 CON +1 INT +1 WIS +1 CHA* +5 | Perception: +3, Investigate: +1, Insight: +1 | Inspiration (d6): 0/3 | Spells: 1st 0/3 | Arrows: 8

Arianna slinks away, trying to lose the hounds while praying for Tymora's luck to be with her. She wasn't particularly religious, but she did follow the Lady Luck. She prayed for a lucky break, something, anything, to get them out of this nightmare.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

I am a ghost. Boo!


Male Dwarf NG Champion Fighter 2 |AC:16| HP:22/22|Passive Perception:14|Init +1| Saves-Str +3, Dex +1, Con +4, Int 0, Wis +2, Cha 0

Brax happens to look back in the direction of Langdedrosa. When he sees the cultist leader hold up Raakuze's head, a wave of sheer hatred washes over the dwarf. It's all that he can do to not reverse his field and go charging back to avenge his companion's murder. Only the inner officer, one filled with discipline and logic keeps the dwarf from an act of sheer folly.

Iffen ye attack that scale wearin tyrunt, yer head's gonna end up on ah trophie pole beside Raakuze's! Do na let his sacrifice be fer naught an 'elp th others escape while ye can!

Doing his best to channel his anger and inner grief, Brax makes his way to where the prisoners are being kept, hoping that kobolds and culists alike have left the prisoners unattended to prevent the others from escaping or to watch Langdedrosa murder Raakuze. An' ta celebrate, as the image of Raakuze's head sickeningly swam through his thoughts.

When Brax gets close to where the prisoners are, he finds a place where he can see whether or not they are being watched over while being unobserved himself.

801 to 849 of 849 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.