[SFS/Shifty] #1-32: Acts of Association (Table 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


1 to 50 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Please feel free to dot in!

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

Dot.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Ratatat bows to all in the room and says, "Hello everyone. I'm a warrior pursuing studies in the philosophical art of war. At this point in my career, I'm most interested in the doctrine of shock and awe."

Ratatat pulls out a pulsecaster rifle in one hand and says, "Please meet my dear friend, Shock..."

Then he lifts up a massive red star plasma array in his other hand and says, "...and my other close friend, Awe!"


The door to the well-appointed conference room opens, and Chiskisk, a member of the Starfinder Society’s Forum, enters, their antennae bobbing rhythmically as they move to take a seat at the head of the table.

“Welcome, colleagues. As you know, the Starfinder Society has been quite efficacious of late. The acts of brave agents like yourselves has made the Society once-again respected and known throughout Near Space and even in some areas of the Vast. We have been quick to capitalize on these new opportunities. Recently, the Society has reached out to nearly a dozen new civilizations with which we have mutual interests. At this moment, the Lorespire Complex is brimming with ambassadors, dignitaries, and probably also spies from many worlds"

“I had the honor to conclude preliminary negotiations with one such ambassador. They are about to sign an exclusive exploration and trade treaty with the Starfinder Society, largely based on our recent exploits. However…” the shirren pauses awkwardly, then moves to an expansive window that overlooks the Lorespire campus. “The delegate has requested a recess in negotiations to explore Absalom Station before signing the agreement. Of course, I granted them freedom of the station, as long as they accepted an escort of local Starfinder agents to see to their every need.” The shirren turns back to face the conference table. “That ‘escort,’ of course, would be you!”

Chiskisk slides a data disk across the table in maps and slides liked above. “Here is the dossier on the visiting dignitary you’ll be escorting. Find out what they’re interested in seeing, and take them there. Be gracious hosts, entertaining tour guides, bodyguards, or social planners, as the dignitary requires. It should go without saying that this emissary’s safety and security are paramount, as is their continued goodwill toward the Society. If you do a good job, we might just secure the opportunity to explore a new wolrd. Any questions?”

Dataphiles

Male CN death-touched half-orc (Starfinder forerunner archetype) operative 3 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none | SP 16/24 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 (-2 touch), SM: +9
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Bluff +6, Culture +11 [Add Roll 1/1], Disguise -5/+5, Engineer +2,* Intimidate +10, Life Science +2,* Mysticism +4,* Piloting +10, Stealth +10, Survival +14 [Add Roll 1/1] *Trained for Trouble

A pale-skinned half-orc looks up from beneath the wide brim of his hat.

"Bigwig needs babysittin'." he grunts. "All I need to know."

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Escort the Guardian Kokulu around and talk shop? Sounds like she may be interested techie stuff.

"Yep, a few questions come to mind...

"Do you know who are the other parties interested in exploring Talosin-3?

"Does she have any known enemies? Perhaps other damai from the Damailko who disagrees with her view that Talosin-3 is an independent nation?

"And I assume we'll have to speak with her to find out where would she like to go and what would she like to see on Absalom station?"

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

Unit HK45-2 is clearly an android. Its build seems old as it looks more like an SR0 than a humanoid.

With a more digital than natural voice it asks Question: Is this meatball has enemies we know of? Any allergies or food problem?

To his comrades it says Answer: I'm fluent in ancient golarion languages. I'm a protocol droid. I'm Unit HK45-2.


Map and handout aid Token.

A vesk woman looks at the data pad and ask the Shirren.

"Does the Starfinder society does those types of treaty a lot? "

Sorry! I didn't do Maguerite online profile for the moment. I will do it the fastest i can during the week.


"The other parties are a range of dignitaries from other worlds we wish to continue to foster relationships with, with regards Talosin-3, building a relationship with that settlement is an opportunity to help pave their road to true independence, and if they have the secrets they believe they have then it is in our interests to be able to negotiate directly with them - especially as we'd be seen as their allies who stood for them at a critical time."

"As to enemies, well yes, there can always be a danger of loyalists not wanting independence or other politically motivated actors, or even the danger that there is some cross cultural misunderstanding - though I trust that should such an inconvenience occur that you smooth the way in a professional and effective manner"

The Shirren replies to the Vesk "We do. It seems we are perpetually negotiating memorandums of understanding, contracts, treaties, peace accords... so many species, so many groups, so many nations - all needing their own relationships to be fostered"

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin tips his hat at the rest of crew before the briefing. "Greetings," he introduces to each with a charming, roguish smile. "Name's Davrin Emalon, halfling extraordinaire. Skilled in many things that need a set of deft hands and fingers. Getting to areas out of reach. Bringing your ship to places hard to reach. Scratching that itch that is hard to reach, if you know what I mean..." Again, that roguish grin.

"Did you say escort?" Davrin's eye (the other is covered by an eye patch) lights up visibly. As he listens further, he looks vaguely disappointed. "Oh, not that kind. Oh well, one never knows. She might be interested in that." He looks vaguely hopeful.

He finally pipes up. "How about us? What are we the Society looking for from this relationship?"


"What are we looking for? Well the main effort is to determine what they believe they have that will shed light on the Scoured Stars Incident, but aside from that, our continuous expansion means we need to keep developing potential sources of new recruits, particularly if they are from emerging independent nations where they may be used to dealing with suboptimal conditions - as so many of our missions are. We also develop the opportunity to have friendly planets to stop off in, safe harbours and all that"

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

Unit HK45-2 says.

Answer: No specific enemy known on Absalom Station then. No allergies known either.
Need to entertain meatball Ambassador and protect her from harm.
Unit HK45-2 is ready to activate its protocols.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Alrighty then, I'm ready to meet this lady and get the tour started when everyone else is!"


"Then if there are no further questions, here are the directions to where the dignitary resides within the Lorespire Complex. Review your data and immediately go to see the waiting dignitary.

Please slot any boons you will be using. There are no boons that specifically pertain to this scenario, so PCs are free to slot whichever boons you desire.

Dataphiles

Male CN death-touched half-orc (Starfinder forerunner archetype) operative 3 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none | SP 16/24 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 (-2 touch), SM: +9
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Bluff +6, Culture +11 [Add Roll 1/1], Disguise -5/+5, Engineer +2,* Intimidate +10, Life Science +2,* Mysticism +4,* Piloting +10, Stealth +10, Survival +14 [Add Roll 1/1] *Trained for Trouble

"Best get this over with." grunts the one they call "Harrowed Jack".

Boons slotted in Discussion thread.


Sigle roll to find out more about the Damai

Diplomacy/Culture 10+:

The damai people are gray-skinned humanoids known for their mastery of both mystic and divine magic.

Diplomacy/Culture 15+:

The damai home world of Daimalko is a dry, rocky world located in Near Space. Nearly 200 years ago, a series of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions destroyed the planet’s fragile ecosystem and evaporated the small oceans. The damai call this event “the Awakening.”

Diplomacy/Culture 20+:

The Awakening is so named because the natural catastrophe also released terrible colossi who slumbered beneath the ocean floor. These beasts nearly destroyed the damais, with only small pockets surviving to hide underground.

***

The dignitary is staying in a spacious guest room in one of the Lorespire’s central housing sections. You arrive to find the gray-skinned white haired damai comfortably seated at a dining table reading a datapad with refreshment in hand. Her quarters, seem to have already received some slight personalization with some damai artwork and other familiar creature comforts (and popular damai food brands in the pantry).

"My escorts" she smiles enthusiastically "Guardian Shrani Kokulul, so pleased to meet you" she indicates to the empty chairs around the table "please take a seat, I would love to know more about each of you..."

Introductions - feel free to give us your spiel/intro, along with a Bluff, Diplomacy, or
Intimidate check. You may ALSO make a Culture/Sense motive check

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

My Publicist will be in Culture
Culture: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21
HK45-2 shares his knowledge about the Damai with his comrades before meeting their ambassador.

***
In the dignitary's room

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Answer: Unit HK45-2. Protocol Droid. Speaks the languages of Old Golarion.

Culture: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Culture: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ratatat scratches his head... "Guys, I know nothing of the Damai, gonna need someone else to fill me in..."

--------------------------------------

Later, when meeting Guardian Kokulu, Ratatat introduces himself:

"Hello, I'm Ratatat! Happy to meet you as well! To be honest, I'm around primarily to bring these couple of babies to bear when needed."
Ratatat proudly displays his heavy plasma array and pulsecaster rifle.

"So I'm that rat who's at your service when protection from physical harm is required!!

"I dabble a bit in tech. Not as accomplished as some of my fellow Starfinders here but I can lend a paw or two when the need arises.

"And finally, you can say I'm pretty handy behind the wheel of a vehicle, starship or what-have-you. From simple long haul trips to high speed chases or daring escapes, I'm your rat!! Or rather, I'm your Ratatat!!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Culture: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Dataphiles

Male CN death-touched half-orc (Starfinder forerunner archetype) operative 3 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none | SP 16/24 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 (-2 touch), SM: +9
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Bluff +6, Culture +11 [Add Roll 1/1], Disguise -5/+5, Engineer +2,* Intimidate +10, Life Science +2,* Mysticism +4,* Piloting +10, Stealth +10, Survival +14 [Add Roll 1/1] *Trained for Trouble

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

The half-orc simply nods as the android downloads information.

Inside the room, the pale-skinned Starfinder takes up a standing position by the door and remains there, arms crossed, even after the Damai extends an invitation to sit.

When she seems to look at him for an answer to her invitation to speak, he makes eye contact with the woman briefly and recites, "There are some who call me, 'Harrowed Jack'." Then, turning his head away, as if scanning the area for confirmation of the presence of some potential threat, he adds, "That is as good a name as any."

The brooding death-touched Starfinder offers nothing further, hardly hiding his disdain for his appointed task and acting as if he has now provided all the explanation one could need.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

Sister Marguerite nods and sits beside the emissary.

Diplo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"Very well. I am Sister Marguerite Bourgeois, member of the Church of Sarenrae, the Goddess of healing, rédemption and the Sun.

When I was very young during the cold war, i was saved, both in the soul and the body, by wandering priests who took me into the holy city of the Sun.

There I learn about religions of course, but also how society can create as much suffering than it can help people. And it is our job to help those who fall between the crack.

My first big mission was creating a school at a colony. What i didn't know before I arrived is that they were not enough children for a school. So I decided to hear the plea of the colonists to soothe their mind. Something that was very helpful according to the colonists. The biggest problem I had there were not the creatures that attacked time to Time, I can fight, it was the obstruction from every official. They were always a paper that was missing and sometimes the help had inentended consequences. I had need to return to the Pact Worlds myself to recruit more families or occasions to have one. And I had to plead to the highest sphere to send more teachers.

I learned that you must be able to be critical of your own organisation.

After this, the Cardinals sent me an another mission. To explore the world and report how Sarenrae, and by extension the Church, can help and redeem people in this Era. But I think this was a way for them to push me out of the way because I was embarrassing them.

I decided to join the starfinder society when Jadnura was the First Seeker… I prefer not to talk about this. I hope you understand."

Diplo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 5 + (5) = 21


As she awaits the other introductions she nods and smiles, quite a positive response so far...

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
"The damai are those gray-skin humanoids who... Ah, thanks protocol droid for the download. Save me the talking."

---

The charming little halfling takes a seat with a flourish. You get the sense that if he had a cloak, it would have swirled dramatically over the back of the chair.

When it's finally his turn, he first tips his hat at the damai, and speaks with a twinkle in his eye. (The other is covered by an eye patch, but you can assume it's twinkling as well.) "Good day, most charming Guardian Shrani Kokulul. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Davrin Emalon, recently of the Starfinder Society. That is really my side distraction really, for Master Davrin has been, and I trust always will be, providing most excellent personal, and private ... hmm, how should I say, entertainment services. And for your brief visit here at Absalom Station, that is what you are looking for, no? Entertainment? Arrangements can be made completely customised to your pleasure. Special rates definitely. You won't find any better here, or I dare say, the entire Near Space!" He turn smoothly takes a hand and plants a gentle kiss on it.

bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

profession courtesan in case you haven't figured out yet... :)


HunterKiller and HarrowedJack find they make no connection, possibly even a negative first impression - the first being a rather unrelateable Q&A bot, and the other clearly wanting to be just about anywhere else.

Marguerite gets off on the right foot, whilst Davrin and Ratatat come off rather smoothly.

"Davrin, some entertainment would be ideal. Talosin-3 is a great place, however the nature of our settlement, and the tireless work ethic of our pioneers, means that we have not yet built much in the way of high end or refined entertainment. I would love to enjoy a good quality meal, Absalom Station is a cultural melting-pot and I wish to partake of some fine dining, do you think you could arrange us all a table? A window preferrably, I don't want us to be crowded"

"Ratatat, I share your love of vehicles - especially Starships. It would be amazing to experience a trip to see the Armada and Absalom Station from the outside"

"I understand your struggle Marguerite, the trials and tribulations of dealing with a small colony is something I too am used to having to deal with. Negotiations with officials can be personally satisfying though, so it's not all bad."

"Hunter-Killer, please use your protocol contacts to find me some souvenirs. I need to locate suitable products for workmates and family, and I'd also like an example of some animal life from Absalom Station" Her tone a touch cool, as though she was simply asking a virtual assistant.

"I suppose there are others who share my opinion on groups" she almost passive-aggressively drops in Harrowed Jacks direction.

Your collective sense and understanding her culture give you the impression that she likes negotiations (smiling when the concept is dropped in conversation with Marguerite and Davrin), and dislikes crowds.

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

HK47-2 tries to remember a place in Absalom Station that display animal life and another place for "gift" typical from Absalom Station

Culture: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19

Question: What type of Animal Form do you want do get. Absalom Station have numerous place that come to my data.
Answer: I know a place where you can bought souvenir

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"A little tour of the station from the outside?? I'm sure something like that can be arranged!!"

Ratatat contacts the Starfinder 24 hour service hotline and says, "Yep, that's right! I need to procure a shuttle to fly around Absalom and perhaps out to the Armada.

"What's that? Expense account?

"But yes of course!!! All charges go straight to Chiskisk! He'll approve it, I'm 100% sure! It's for a high priority diplomatic mission! Just tell him it's for the latest mission he assigned to me!!

"Who am I? You mean you don't recognize my voice? Ratatat!! What do you mean Ratatat who?!?!?

"Nevermind, just go ahead and get that shuttle lined up for us and call me back with the docking bay number, okay? Thank you!!"

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"A meal? That's all?" Davrin looks vaguely disappointed but recovers quickly. "Well, fine dining is always a good start. That can definitely be arranged. After the tour, when you've worked up an appetite? You ever had sea urchin?"

Having brought many of his clients out for a nice evening before getting to the ... um main course, Davrin steps back and calls up ほしけんさく, a rather exclusive establishment with private rooms. Very private...

Any checks needed for this?

Dataphiles

Male CN death-touched half-orc (Starfinder forerunner archetype) operative 3 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none | SP 16/24 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 (-2 touch), SM: +9
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Bluff +6, Culture +11 [Add Roll 1/1], Disguise -5/+5, Engineer +2,* Intimidate +10, Life Science +2,* Mysticism +4,* Piloting +10, Stealth +10, Survival +14 [Add Roll 1/1] *Trained for Trouble
Shifty wrote:
"I suppose there are others who share my opinion on groups" she almost passive-aggressively drops in Harrowed Jacks direction.

The half-orc known as "Harrowed Jack" gives a slight nod. "Then, let's give each other some space." he grunts. The pale-skinned Starfinder uncrosses his arms to adjust the brim of his hat. The move makes him appear a little less standoffish than his previous demeanor.

"Clocks ticking." he says gruffly, as if trying to make up quickly for letting his guard drop. "Where shall we escort you first?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

That, I can understand. When you finally found the middle ground you feel that you have created something durable.

If you are interested into negociation. Perhaps a visit to the Freemarkets will be a good idea. There a lot of people outside but i know one or two places where it is more intimate." Responds Marguerite.


"Harrowed Jack, no real preference in the order I do things, however I got a brochure for a sightseeing tour by Periphery Stars, looks exactly like what I want to do - so that is the ship I want"

Ratatat gets through on the phone:

Rat:
“The Society intends to reimburse you for reasonable expenses for the dignitary and yourselves: meals, transportation, tickets to desired social events. Please, no gifts though, not for them and especially not for yourselves. You can sort out your own shuttles though”

ほしけんさく is an upscale eatery, where expert lashunta chefs prepare food at diners’ tables after psychically assessing their eating preferences. A meal includes several courses with dishes such as Castrovelian eel soup and roasted frujai frond steak on a bed of sauteed caypin rings (the bravest diners prefer the caypin tentacles still ambulatory), with Akitonian cactus ice cream for dessert. ほしけんさく is one of the most popular restaurants in the Pact Worlds, with a reservation list several weeks long. Unsurprisingly, they can "fit you in right away" once a few calls are made.

Shopping areas are numerous, and there are several that fit the bill. Marguerite is confident the markets should be a sound choice.

You recall that wild squoxes are plentiful in Jatembe Park, and that would be an ideal outing.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Well, if the restaurant can fit us in right now, shall we head that way first? Once our stomachs are full, we can continue with a tour through the markets, then swing through Jatembe Park on the way tot he docking platform where I'll reserve a shuttle via Periphery Stars!!"

Ratatat leads the group towards the restaurant while contacting Periphery Stars and sees about making a reservation for later today...


Reflective walls and an understated sign mark the location of ほしけんさく, one of Absalom Station’s most exclusive restaurants.

A small crowd of well-dressed hopefuls lingers near the door while a red-velvet cordon keeps them back from passing into the establishment’s entryway.

Four vesk bouncers outside the restaurant’s entrance and admit only those who have a verified reservation in hand. They stand just outside the door, wearing ceremonial armor and brandishing doshkos,all while providing an intimidating presence.

They direct you to your average looking table, but you can see there are better tables, and a much better (and vacant) table in the Private dining room.

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

Question: What don't you ask for permission to use Private dining room?

Says Unit HK45-2 to Davrin

Dataphiles

Male CN death-touched half-orc (Starfinder forerunner archetype) operative 3 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none | SP 16/24 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 (-2 touch), SM: +9
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Bluff +6, Culture +11 [Add Roll 1/1], Disguise -5/+5, Engineer +2,* Intimidate +10, Life Science +2,* Mysticism +4,* Piloting +10, Stealth +10, Survival +14 [Add Roll 1/1] *Trained for Trouble

"Looks expensive." grunts "Jack".

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

"That is a remarkable suggestion HK!" exclaims Maguerite. "Shrani, What do you think of this?"

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

The only social skill Ratatat has training with is intimidation. But he'll try to assist in whatever social skill our primary speaker attempts to use in convincing the staff to give us the better table...or even the dining room!!

Looks like Marguerite is our lead for diplomatic approaches while Davrin is our man for bluffing our way through, whereas either Davrin or Jack are best for threatening folks.

Ratatat discreetly whispers to Marguerite, "No need to ask Shrani... We should just do it! We're here to impress her afterall!"

Responding to Jack, Ratatat says, "Not to worry! I've confirmed that the Society will cover all expenses during this tour... mostly. But food and drink, definitely!!!"


Shrani looks at the scene in front of you - "I suppose you could negotiate a better deal, it would be like watching the early Pact World races negotiating a truce with the Veskarium" she smiles wickedly as though awaiting a spectacle.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

This is what I actually had in mind for ほしけんさく... Glad GM had the same idea! :P

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now, this just won't do," Davrin speaks to the vesk bouncers with deep sorrow in his voice. A somewhat comical sight with a halfling that barely comes up halfway the height of the vesks, but he continues in all seriousness. "Clearly, you do not recall the countless times I have graced your establishment with movers and shakers in tow, or you would not have put us on such a dingy table. Imagine, what would be the damage to your reputation should I be forced to share my experiences with all my future clients? I mean, I would totally devastated should the mayor herself, whom I incidentally am entertaining next week, decide to rezone this area! What would happen to the poor caypin tentacles?" Turning around, he looks surprised. "But why the Mistdrops Falling On Willows room looks unoccupied now..."

intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Davrin has the feat Veiled Threat, so they return to indifferent instead of hostile after that intimidation.

With veiled threat, Davrin could take on some diplomacy situations.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

Hearing Davrin, Sister Marguerite steps up and puts herself between the halfling and the other Vesks. She starts to speak a strange and guttural language. Her tongue is shown often.

Vesk:
" Please give Mercy to my ignorant friend! He is so weak of the body that he cannot conceive that our glorious race cannot be Intimidated.

But in the same Time, he is loyal to his organisation like me. I who is a survivor of the Scoured Stars and fought numerous Battles against creatures from other worlds have the mission to escort this person and show how we are an organisation that honor our agreaments. She is someone that doesn't like crowd and prefers quiet places like this table.

Please help me. After all, we have a common enemy here. We need to fight those stereotypes that think of us like a bloodthirsty race and ignorant outside of combat."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


The vesk look a little perplexed at the halfling trying to give them the shakedown and are partly annoyed, partly bemused, and a little lost on what to make of all the 'words'. Marguerite moves in and adds her weight in diffusing the situation, which is met with a few nods and grunts of appreciation.

The bouncer looks down at Davrin "You seem arrogant and up yourself enough to fit right in, go on, clear off inside to the private tables so we don't have to look at you" he waves to the maître d' who leads you inside.

Marguerite - 10 is still an aid, because a 1 isn't an autofail on a skillcheck

***
You are led to the more exclusive private rooms.

Elegant, transparent furnishings and multicolored lights fill this luxurious space with an ethereal glow. At each table, a small group of socialites watches in awe as dexterous chefs prepare food in a show that is as much acrobatic as culinary.
Liveried waitstaff move between the tables, bringing beverages and clearing plates. A floor-to-ceiling holographic aquarium fills one wall between a pair of staircases, and large windows provide a breathtaking view of Jatembe Park. Each table contains refrigerated storage for all of the ingredients the chef needs.

Shrani looks on, impressed, "They certainly don't have places like this back home" she turns back to the party "Interesting negotiation tactics back there - 'good cop bad cop' classic play?"

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin glances briefly at Marguerite, and with an impish smile, he replies, "Marguerite, did you have to be so nasty with them? They were just doing their job." He then burst out in a deep and resonous laughter. "Ah well, we halflings are small but we don't get pushed around. 'sides, I think I couched it nice enough that they're not going to remember the slight by the end of the evening. Some finesse is always important, in gunplay and in negotiations."

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Ratatat gives Davrin an appreciative pat on the back, saying "Well said... Well said..."

Ratatat settles down at the table looking forward to the meal!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

You actually threaten them to destroy the restaurant... You are lucky they weren't attentive.think for herself Marguerite.

She turns her attention to Shrani.

"Well. First of all. I must says this was not what I had in mind first. Threaten a vesk is not a good idea. They are hurt by this. It is important in negociation to know the other person culture.

The reason the Pact Worlds were able to do a treaty with the Vesk is that they were strong enough to oppose them and we had a common enemy with the swarm.

So there a part of luck like in this situation."


As you debate the events, a non-binary Lashunta Chef arrives at your table with a dramatic flair and boundless arrogant confidence. "You will open your minds and I will conduct a psychic reading on you to determine your food preferences"

In your next post, let me know if you RESIST the reading

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 5 + (2) = 22

Before she accept.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Ysoki Themeless Soldier 4 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 6/6 | EAC 16 KAC 17 | Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Ratatat doesn't resist the reading but he does try to empty his head of all thoughts - except for cheese. Lots and lots and lots of cheese!

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 3 | SP 21/21 HP 20/20 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +9 evasion; Will +5 (+3 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Davrin opens his mind to the reading - he has nothing to hide. Although he hopes he gets some caypin tentacles.

Acquisitives

Android mechanic 5 EAC15 - KAC17 | SP24/24 HP28/28 RP5/5 | Init +7 | Perc +8 SM -2| F +4, R +11, W +1

HK45-2 says, keeping his mind closed.

Polite answer: I don't eat. No need to read my mind.


The chef does a reading on Ratatat "typical", Davrin, which just gets some raised eyebrows, and then pauses at Hunterkiller "My condolences".

Marguerite seems to think the practice reasonable enough, others in the restaurant are participating and seems to be the in-vogue practice. Sensing the pause the chef looks Marguerite dead in the eye "I'm just incredibly gifted. I can tap into the deepest desires of your sub-conscious and understand your palate and find out what it is yearning for - things you haven't tried, forgotten favourites, the 'taste for adventure' you never knew you had. Or you can be boring"

Dataphiles

Male CN death-touched half-orc (Starfinder forerunner archetype) operative 3 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none | SP 16/24 HP 18/18 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11 (-2 touch), SM: +9
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Bluff +6, Culture +11 [Add Roll 1/1], Disguise -5/+5, Engineer +2,* Intimidate +10, Life Science +2,* Mysticism +4,* Piloting +10, Stealth +10, Survival +14 [Add Roll 1/1] *Trained for Trouble

The one called "Harrowed Jack" glances at the others. Steeling his mind, the half-orc tells himself, I will try to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Female NG Vesk Priest [Sarenrae] Solarian 3 | SP 4/27 HP 27/27 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | 10 electricity| Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft, | No spell | no spell | Active conditions: Graviton 2

Marguerite Nods.

I am not a picky one. But I would like something cold and fresh like seafood or fish or reptile egg or an big old insect! With some veggies of course. Or crunchy!

1 to 50 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty] #1-32: Acts of Association (Table 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.