PFS CORE 10-07 Mysteries Under Moonlight Part 2 (Inactive)

Game Master @scottg0

Current Map


351 to 374 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

With a shrug, Jack moves around, and takes a shot at the square the trail ended in.

+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26, for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10 damage.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Khellek pulls out his second scroll and reads it, tut tutting to himself as the poor penmanship as he does so.

Casts Glitterdust, centred on where the trail ends.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Presumably, if Florin does indeed still have See Invisibility running, they can confirm that the targeted square is indeed where the thing is?

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

Bossk gives the air a sniff to find a target
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Hachu, this gas is making me sneeze."

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

If See Invisibility is over, Florin will recast it. Assuming it is....

Florin once more recasts her magic to allow her to view invisible creatures and the scent in her nose warns her of danger as well.

"Beware of those places! There's something wrong with the smell and that creature is over there." she begins pointing out the spots....

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha warm hands keep holding Bossk and guiding him to where she sees the creature highlighted by her allies. Its over here Bossk, come with me, let me be your eyes.

She casts protection vs evil on Bossk and leads him straight.


Jack Miss chance (high good): 1d100 ⇒ 49 miss.
Tatiana casts a spell on herself and moves up being careful to avoid the smelly part of the bog.
Khellek quickly realizes the end of the path leads right to his quarry and defeats the natural invisibility advantage and magic immunity. Will Save vs DC13: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 not blind but glittery
Yabatha cast a spell on Bossk then leads him up a little ways as fast as her little legs can go and out of the smelly gas.
Bossk moves with Yabatha out of the smelly gas towards his target which he can't quite smell yet over the gas.
Florin realizing that she could still see the will-o-wisp when everyone else thought it was invisible and Khellek cast glitterdust on it (it hasn't been 50 minutes since you cast it last and I already included it on the status card), points out that it is still right there at the end of the glittering trail and is also very glittery itself. She then alerts everyone to the gas pockets around this place (all highlighted in yellow) and remembers to move out of the gas pocket she is standing in and 5' steps out.

The swamp gas erupts from the ground in all of the squares highlighted in yellow and throws up dirt and rocks 10' into the air.

Tulvhatha moves up to who? 1=Jack, 2=Tatiana: 1d2 ⇒ 1 and attempts to touch him.
touch attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 electricity damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

"How is poor Beaky going to survive when your dead? He's not! He is going to die all alone and afraid."

Status Card wrote:

Room 5 -- Current Time (0:07)

Group conditions:
Round 2

Tulvhatha - dmg; Glitterdust
Jack 5 dmg; Hybrid
Tatiana - dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour), Protection from Evil
Khellek - dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Yabatha - dmg; Hybrid
Bossk - dmg; Hybrid, Blinded (raging AC12), Protection from Evil
Florin - dmg; Mage Armor (5 hours), Hybrid, see invisibility (50 min) (AC16), shaken (1 hour)

Bold may act.

Handout: Blessing of Ashava
Scent
Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

Having his nose lead the way. Bossk has his anger swell up, angry at the creature that caused him to make this trek that has cost him his sight. So he takes a swing at the wisp.

High is good: 1d100 ⇒ 75

Power Attack with Falchion: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 24
dice+base+rage-PA

Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 + 6 + 2 = 24
dice+base+PA+rage

Rage round 14

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

Tatiana moves and yells at Florin but before, she casts bless with her wand.

Come flank with me Florin!

Bless: +1 moral bonus to attack, +1 moral bonus to will save against fear effect.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

Sorry used wrong dice for damage

Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 + 6 + 2 = 17

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha casts Magic Weapon on Bossks falchion as he steps into combat. You are stronger now Bossk, you do t need your eyes. Strike true.

Can someone please move me up next to our blind friend. Thanks.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack snarls through gritted teeth:

"That will NOT happen!"

He then shoots at it.

+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15, for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 damage.
Miss Chance(1=Hit): 1d2 ⇒ 2.
+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18, for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage.
Miss Chance(1=Hit): 1d2 ⇒ 2.

This will, obviously, provoke twice if it has combat reflexes.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

"Friends, Varissians, Pathfinders! Rest assured the blessings we have are more than a match for this pathetic creature. Why, when the Shining crusade faced similar foes in the swamps of the Whispering Tyrant they.."

Inspire courage. +2 to hit and damage. I also seem to be missing from the map. I assum that is an error so have added myself back in.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

"Aye!" Florin agrees and moves into a flanking position with Tatiana.
Lol Florin ain't a warrior.

She attempts a swing!
Attack. Inspire, Flank, Shaken
1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 281d12 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
Confirm Crit? 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 222d12 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10, 5) + 5 + 4 = 24

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

@All Don't forget the +1 bonus from bless !


Jack misses a couple times but Tulvhatha lashes out in response touch attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 electricity damage: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10 I'm not sure why you had the miss chance there as she is clearly visible to you now with the Glitterdust all over her.
Tatiana casts bless then moves to provide a flank.
Khellek begins inspiring. You are on the map to the left side coming out of the mist but not going into the yellow danger gas/eruption area. 20' left of Yabatha at the moment.
Yabatha casts magic weapon on Bossk's pointy stick.
Bossk enrages, moves up following the scent, and lands a staggeringly strong blow. +1 from magic weapon
Florin the Fighter heeds Tatiana's request and gets into a flanking position and lands an even more staggeringly strong killing blow (with the +1 from bless you confirm the crit) which utterly destroys the wisp.

With Tulvhatha's death, the haunt you never got to in the big circle thing is put to rest. You search around the place for loots.

Treasure: Tulvhatha has stacked the statues and holy relics she has corrupted from the Glade of Silver Sparks. In their tarnished state, they have little monetary value, though you receive a reward of 400 gp for returning the defiled relics to a good-aligned temple or group of priests for purification. While the remains of Luvyire’s former companions have faded away, one of their starknives—a +1 returning starknife that emits a faint glow reminiscent of moonlight—remains, waiting for a champion of Ashava.

Conclusion

Upon Tulvhatha’s defeat, the necromantic energies swiftly recede from the haunted land. With the will-o’-wisp no longer siphoning lost souls to aid in her designs, the spirits are free to peacefully make their way to Pharasma’s Boneyard and find their eternal rest. You can make your way back through the Mushfens by the fading light of the full moon. As dawn approaches, the Blessing of Ashava fades from you like a gentle caress before returning you back to your true form again.

When you return to Magnimar, Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch and Luvyire greet you with great relief. After hearing your report, Luvyire addresses you.

“Your bravery and good work should be a shining example to the Pathfinder Society, my friends. Thank you.” The yamah takes in a shaking breath as he blinks back the tears forming in his eyes. “You have secured the Glade of Silver Sparks as a beacon of hope and peace for the lost once more. For that you have my eternal gratitude, as well, I am sure, of Ashava herself. I will try to help rebuild the site to itself former state. Perhaps in time, other devotees of my lady will find their way to the glade and take up the mantle of my fallen companions. Until then I will do what I can, alone.” He sighs and offers a sad smile. “May Ashava’s grace carry you through many serene days, Pathfinders.”

Over the next few days, the supernatural activity Tulvhatha caused fully fades away, returning the Mushfens to their original condition. Luvyire heals from his wounds and returns to the Glade of Silver Sparks to begin work on restoring it.

Cybelle and Mairisse are deeply grateful to the Pathfinder Society. They may prove useful allies to the Pathfinder Society’s expeditions into the Mushfens in the future.

You all earn the Werewolf’s Resilience boon on your Chronicle sheet.

Thus ends the adventure.

PRIMARY SUCCESS CONDITIONS Yes
If the PCs defeat Tulvhatha, each PC earns 1 Prestige Point.

SECONDARY SUCCESS CONDITIONS Yes
Rescuing the captured swan maiden Cybelle before she is taken to area C earns the PCs 1 additional Prestige Point.

I'll get Chronicle sheets up later today. Bossk let me know how you want to resolve the Blinded condition. It is 1 PP to hire a spellcaster to cast Remove blindness/deafness if you choose.

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC23 (17FF, 18T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7* | protection from evil, haste

Tatiana is quite happy that her help and the blessing of Pharasma put the rest Thuvatha and put an end to her depravation.
She was destined to do that and she's glad to have join the Society to be able to help soul get back to the Boneyard.

Looking at Florin she says After all, you're quite a fighter!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack looks quite impressed when Bossk and Florin take down the insane mastermind in two deft swings.

"Good job!"

Back at the Lodge, Jack shrugs modestly.

"Aye, it was a team effort, but Bossk and Florin certainly put in the hard yards, and went above and beyond!"

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

High is good: 1d100 ⇒ 42

Still smelling the whisp Bossk takes a swing, just missing the corpse.

"It's dead? What a wimp."

When his vision is restored he buys a round of drinks for the party.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

My apologies for not being able to restore you sight, friend. I hope I become strong enough some day. To the rest of you, it was a pleasure. I never traveled with more competent allies. We did good work this day, and we've all learned a lot about yourselves. I hope out paths cross again.

She mods and joins everyone for drinks.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Khellek tips his hat and offers a fancy dance move.

"Alas friend Bossk, while I have not the lore to fix your eyes, I am happy to contribute coin to help solve the problem."

Happy to offer some gold for the remove blindness if you want to do it with gold rather that PP. It is only 150gp, happy to spring for a share of that.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

Florin looks a tad overwhelmed from the praises.
"I.." "I....never thought that would do it. I was hoping to rely more on magic..."

"I'm glad that we managed to down it and we would never have being able to match up with it if not for the rest of you, especially Master Khellek's vast stores of knowledge. I''m afraid I still need to study more of those dusty tomes."

Turning to Bossk, Florin offers to help too.
"I too will contribute gold to helping you remove your affliction."
Include my share to reduce cost.

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC23 (17FF, 18T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7* | protection from evil, haste

Same here for sharing part of my gold to help Bosk recovering his sight!

Yes, I've learn quite a bit about myself and It was a pleasure to adventure with you all!
Master Khellec, I hope to be able to join some of your courses at the Grand Lodge! You're quite a good professor.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Khellek puffs out his chest, but really... great mind, but no chest.

"Why thankyou miss Malkolva. I look forward to it. No paper darts though. I can't stand paper darts. Such a waste of paper."

He shakes his head.

351 to 374 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS CORE 10-07 Mysteries Under Moonlight Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.