PFS CORE 10-07 Mysteries Under Moonlight Part 2 (Inactive)

Game Master @scottg0

Current Map


301 to 350 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

GM:

"Thinking about it, I am not as scared as I thought I would be. I still have my sniffer to let me have an idea where everyone is and I can still swing my sword. But if I do get to a point that I and no longer take care of myself, maybe the dread will comeback. But I am not as scared to face it anymore. Growing old is part of life and how I don't fear death, I should not fear that part of life.
Thank you for showing that to me and helping me understand that growing old and feeble should not be feared, but welcomed like an old friend. Even though I may not be able to fight anymore, my knowledge that I have would still be there and it can be passed on to others.

Bossk stands a little straighter after that thought.

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

GM:
Tatiana thinks and responds honestly
Fears are fear. They are here to guide us. Fear help us survived. With no fear, we will head right to the danger, without thinking, certainly to failure or death.
My fear are here to make me a better version of myself. Yes, sometimes you can be crushed by your fear, but most of the time, fear warn us, make us stronger, make us think harder, and make us take the right decision.
Fear is part of me. As I'm sure is part of you! What do you fear? Are you fearless? Are you able to live without fear?


A hollow cackle erupts from the swirling fog. “Yes, that will do,” the voice purrs with a sense satisfaction. “Thank you for the scrumptious meal. Pleasant dreams, travelers.”

Initiative:

Bossk (H): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Khellek (H): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Florin (H): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Yabatha (H): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Tatiana (H): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Jack (H): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
N, H, W (Normal, Hybrid, Wolf)

Perceptions:

Bossk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 4 = 14 (scent while raging)
Khellek: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Florin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Yabatha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Tatiana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Jack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

GM screen:

who?: 1d6 ⇒ 5
where?: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Status Card wrote:

Room 4 -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:
Round 1

Jack - dmg; Hybrid
Tatiana - dmg; Hybrid
Florin - dmg; Mage Armor (5 hours), Hybrid, see invisibility (50 min) (AC16)
Yabatha - dmg; Hybrid
Khellek - dmg; Hybrid
Bossk - dmg; Hybrid, Blinded (raging AC12)

Bold may act.

Handout: Blessing of Ashava
Scent

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Not able to see anything hostile, Jack simply delays.

To be clear, however, I definitely have my bow out.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Not sure what we are facing here, or if it is obvious why we are in initiative?

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

Florin once more uses her magical wand to give herself a shield.

"Is that all?" she queries.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha, looking completely defeated and lost, simply stands there. I'm sorry Nethys I'm so sorry.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

Bossk stand a little straighter
"Life and death should be faced the same way...with a howl."
He lifts his head up and give a loud howl
"Horrrlll!!"

I guess I don't "see" anything to be threatened

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

Tatiana decides to face her worst fears and call for the blessing of Ashava!

My fears are my strength! Stop playing with me.


This was sort of a trap and none of you really had a clue what was going on because you failed the perception checks.

Everyone stands around dumbly trying to figure out what is going on. And then...Mass Phantasmal Killer

Misty images emerge from the fog, taking on horrifying shapes. A phantasmal image of each of your greatests fear forms in their mind. The target can first attempt a Will save to recognize the image as unreal

Will Saves DC15:

You all get +2 to the save for being truthful during questioning.
Bossk: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
Florin: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
Jack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Khellek: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
Tatiana: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Yabatha: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18

On a failed will save, the phantasm touches the subject, and the subject must succeed at a Fortitude save or take negative energy damage and be shaken for 1 hour.

Fort Saves DC15:

You all get +2 to the save for being truthful during questioning.
Florin: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12 negative energy damage: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 5) = 15
Khellek: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 negative energy damage: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 1, 4, 2) = 21
Tatiana: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14 negative energy damage: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 2, 3, 6) = 20

Knowledge (religion):

Florin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Khellek: 10 + 19 = 29 takes 10
Tatiana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Yabatha: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Khellek and Florin:
You recognize this now as a haunt. Since you accepted the Blessing of Ashava you instinctively recognize these additional options available.

As a standard action, a PC can attempt a Perform (dance) check to perform the ritual dance Luvyire taught. PCs who accepted the Blessing of Ashava can instead attempt Diplomacy check as a standard action. If the PC succeeds at either of these checks, the haunt takes a number of points of damage. PCs who accepted the Blessing of Ashava can also damage the haunt with their bite attack while in either wolf or hybrid form. They must be adjacent to the center of the haunt and hit to deal their bite damage.

Status Card wrote:

Room 4 -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:
Round 1

Bossk - dmg; Hybrid, Blinded (raging AC12)
-------------
Round 2

Jack - dmg; Hybrid
Tatiana 20 dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Florin 15 dmg; Mage Armor (5 hours), Hybrid, see invisibility (50 min), Shield (AC20), shaken (1 hour)
Yabatha - dmg; Hybrid
Khellek 21 dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Haunt

Bold may act.

Handout: Blessing of Ashava
Scent
Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

Holy What? Mass phantasmal killer? This is 1-5 isn't it? Lol
Yep,I'm keeping up with failing all saves.

"I Can't dance but I certainty can give it a good bite!!!" a shaken Florin growls out.

She moves forward in attempt to find it's core....

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

"Yabatha... can you provide spiritual energy for us? The rest of you... dance... this is a haunt." asks the scholar.

Channel energy would be helpful here

Taking on board the forms, Khellek starts to dance.
dance,shaken: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 = 9

However his unease with the haunt really messes with his rhythm.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack looks at Khellek incredulously.

"Dance? Me?"

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

Recovering from her fears, Tatiana channels the power of her goddess.

May Destiny be kind to us!

Channel positive energy (heal): 1d6 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

"If you say so, Khellek"
And Bossk start to do the jig.

Preform Dance: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha, looking startles listens to their bard. "I don't have many of these left, but that's fine. Nethys, help me protect my friends!" As she channels positive energy over the group.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3


Bossk danes like nobody's watching but he can't tell if they are or not. The DC is too high for someone without ranks in dance.
Jack thinks about dancing but decides he probably couldn't do any better than Bossk.
Tatiana channels to heal.
Florin the evil haunt's core is right next to you. It is on the map. And yes the writers totally cheat on this one. That was doulbe the damage of a phantasmal killer and potentially enough to disable more than half the group in one shot.
Yabatha channels to heal.
Khellek tries to dance but sees Bossk's performance fail and realizes he will never measure up to a blind man dancing. Though with your bonus you really do have the best chance of doing Ruby Roundhouse dance fighting damage.

You are trapped in the mist.

Status Card wrote:

Room 4 -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:
Round 2

Bossk - dmg; Hybrid, Blinded (raging AC12)
-------------
Round 3

Jack - dmg; Hybrid
Tatiana 15 dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Florin 10 dmg; Mage Armor (5 hours), Hybrid, see invisibility (50 min), Shield (AC20), shaken (1 hour)
Yabatha - dmg; Hybrid
Khellek 16 dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Haunt - dmg;

Bold may act.

Handout: Blessing of Ashava
Scent
Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Can we use Cure Light Wounds to damage the haunt? Or is it only on beatn by a perform roll?


Yabatha Grimna wrote:
Can we use Cure Light Wounds to damage the haunt? Or is it only on beatn by a perform roll?

You can attempt bite it (you have a bite attack in your hybrid form) or try dancing.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

We can attempt to bite it... if Florin or Khellek tell us we can. At present, IC, we have only been told about dancing ;-)

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

With a sigh, the quivvering Khellek tries to settle his mind and concentrate on the intriquate dance moves required to put the haunt to rest.

"This is not activity for a scholar of my skill." he moans, even as he seems to relish the chance to shake off his years and revisit a favoured occupation of his youth.

Realising that not all his companions had the benefit of his youthful indiscretions he adds "Or you could just bite it. The blessing should prove effective in hurting it with our jaws."

dance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

This time the moves come more smoothly, as he recalls his recent touch-up lessons with his old instructor. "They say that some dead souls can be guided back to the river of souls with the right dance." he adds even as one hand tries to hold his glasses into place.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

@Khellek: Thanks!

Jack raises an incredulous eyebrow.

"Bite... it?"

Nevertheless, figuring he has a slightly better chance of doing that, he moves up to where Florin is, and tries to bite it.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

Bossk stops dancing
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
Bossk moves up to take a bite out of it.
Miss chance, high is a hit: 1d100 ⇒ 72

Snapping down Bossk is surprised that there is something there.
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

Tatiana tries to bite the haunt!

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damages: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

In Florin's defence she did say it. Just not direct enough.

Florin Leogil wrote:


"I Can't dance but I certainty can give it a good bite!!!" a shaken Florin growls out.

Florin sights her target and bites it!

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Map not loading for me though.

Her jaws while foreign to her at the moment feels natural.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

Yabatha quickly tries to address the would sustained by her allies, and moves to Khellek with a wand of cure wounds.

Cure Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

...just my luck...

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

"My thanks young lady!" smiles Khellek, as he tries to remember the next part of the ritual dance.


Bossk tears into the haunt with his large canines.
Jack bites it and temporarily stops the haunt.
Tatiana misses the haunt.
Florin bites it and notices the mist has begun to lift a little more and she can see the glittering path once more.
Yabatha heals Khellek.
Khellek does his dance but this time it is much more effective and adds to the damage. But after the dance, he also catches a glimpse of the glittering path.

You are out of combat. You have a limited time chance to heal up before continuing to follow the path in the moonlight.

I'm reminding you all of the wand you found earlier.

Status Card wrote:

Room 4 -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Bossk - dmg; Hybrid, Blinded (raging AC12)
Jack - dmg; Hybrid
Tatiana 15 dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Florin 10 dmg; Mage Armor (5 hours), Hybrid, see invisibility (50 min), Shield (AC20), shaken (1 hour)
Yabatha - dmg; Hybrid
Khellek 14 dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)

Bold may act.

Handout: Blessing of Ashava
Scent
Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

"The path continues!" notes Khellek, still shaken from his experiences.

"That is not something I would like to meet again."

Taking out the wand he asseses who seesm to most damaged, trying Tatiana first.
CMW, Tat: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11
CMW, Florin: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 4) + 5 = 17
CMW, me: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 5 = 17

He casts a final look around the glade. "I wonder if they would take me as an Ashivic dancer? Alas, it would no doubt interfere with my studies."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack shakes his head, trying to get the strange taste out of his mouth.

"That... was weird. Let's keep moving; the sooner we get out of this fog, the better I will feel."

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

"Your skills are esoteric as they are exotic, Master Khelleck." Florin compliments the bard.

"I'm no fine judge of such but I'm sure that you'll make a fine dancer." as she heads towards the path.

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

Lets heal up and finishes our hunt

Says Tatiana who draws her own wand and finishes to heal herself

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Yes, thank you Master Khelleck.


You encounter box text

Beyond the thick blanket of mist, a clearing rests near the bank of a gently flowing river. The ground is submerged in a layer of muddy water with pockets of foul-smelling gas burbling up from it. A white marble dais surrounded by broken pillars and statues of dancers sits to the north. At the center of the platform, a miasma of smoky faces and grasping hands roils around a flickering silver gemstone suspended inside a glass globe. Strange markings are scrawled across the steps in dried blood.

map updated, more to come...


With a hissing pop and flash of purple, a floating ball of light appears bobbing inside the ring of tormented spirits. The faint impression of a skull with eyes floats within, with eye sockets shaped like four-pointed stars.
The wisp giggles manically, in a lilting voice. “Welcome to my field of death, travelers. You must now accept the empty fate of eternity, for your time has come to an end. Are you prepared to embrace the void?”

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

You are clearly mistaken Thulvatha. We are not here to find our end, but to get yours.
Your plot in Magnimar has failed and we are here in Ashava's name to reclaim what you stole.
The suffering, death and fear you enjoy spreading come to an end that we will give you.
Accept Pharasma's judgement and go in peace, or fight, and you will know fear for yourself.

Says Tatiana.

Scarab Sages

* * Pathfinder Core! * * F Gnome 4 Cleric Wizard
Tag:
HP: 27/27 | AC 19; TC 12; FF 18 | CMB +0; CMD 11 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +10 | Init +7 |Perc: +6, SM: +10 | Speed 15ft

So it was you who was behind those visions of fear and torture? How dare you twist our dreams like that. Why are you doing this, what is your purpose?! Yabatha tries to say with as much conviction as she can.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack shakes his head vehemently.

"I will ne'er give up, so long as there is fight left in my body, and my spirit remains unbroken!"

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Khellek, still somewhat discombobulated by his experiences with the haunt, remains quiet for once.

His keen (well, in wolf form they are) eyes search the darkness, looking for the wisps allies, while his mind concentrates trying to recall anything that may be helpful in what is sure to be a fight.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-42 Female Half Orc Fighter 1/ Wizard (Transmuter) 4 | HP:34/34| AC: 12/12/10|Init: +2| Perc: -1| Fort: +4| Ref: +6| Will: +5| Greataxe: +6;1d12+5| Longbow: +5;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| T.Fist: +6 1d4+1|
Skills:
Acro: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+7| C. (Alchemy):+8 | Diplo:+1| DD:+4|Esc:+2| Fly:+6| Handle:+0| Heal:-1| Intimidate:+2| Kn.(Eng/Nob/Loc):+7| Kn. (Arc/Dun/His/Pla/Reli):+8| Lin:+7| Spell:+8| Stealth:+2| Survial:+0|

Florin glares at the wisp.
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

She attempts to identify the creature as she stays silent, not trusting her own tongue at the moment. If this creature was indeed the cause of her earlier torment, then it would pay.....


Yabatha Grimna wrote:
Why are you doing this, what is your purpose?!

“Why does the wind sing or the falcon hunt? I am what I am. I will create a world sunken into despair, where no remnant of hope remains. An endless decay into the bliss of entropy.”

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack raises an eyebrow.

"Sounds like your average Groetus worshipper, to me..."


Florin Leogil wrote:

Florin glares at the wisp.

Knowledge (Religion) 28

She attempts to identify the creature as she stays silent...

You notice something about the star pattern in Tulvhatha’s eye but you just can't recall what was interesting about that.

That particular DC is ridiculously high. Not sure the writers thought about low tier on this thing.

If you were wanting to identify something about the wisp, then Knowledge(Dungeoneering) would be more appropriate.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Khellek turns his own gaze on the wisp.
Though a take 10 for 29 is unlikely to make it if the 28 didn't

He also considers wisps in general
Take ten for..28

"ahh..." he says, reluctant to draw the creatures attention to himself just yet. "Why? Hope springs eternal does it not? And if you are after the bliss of entropy, then why not just join the river of souls and stop interfering with others doing the same?"


Khellek the historian wrote:

Khellek turns his own gaze on the wisp.

Though a take 10 for 29 is unlikely to make it if the 28 didn't

He also considers wisps in general
Take ten for..28

For religion, that is not going to cut it. I think it is a useless fact so no big loss really.

For dungeoneering, you know this is a unique will-o-wisp. CE small aberration. You get one question.

Khellek the historian wrote:
"Why? Hope springs eternal does it not? And if you are after the bliss of entropy, then why not just join the river of souls and stop interfering with others doing the same?"

“I helped usher them into the void, just as I shall help you. Their essence now dwells in the deep beyond while their flesh rots beneath the mud.”

Once you ask your question, we will start in initiative. If you feel like you want to re-position yourself on the map, then now is the time. You still see the glittering path, leading right to the wisp.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 4 HP 41 /41 Temp HP 8 / 8 AC 18 ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +4 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +2/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 22 / 20

I have my hand on Yabatha, so she can lead me down the shiny path.
So where she is at the start, I will be next to her.

Dark Archive

Bard-5: HP 33/33; GM reroll @+4 1/1; music available 13/14; Spells avail: lvl1 5/5; lvl2 2/3; +1 d20 bonus 1/1; Enduring Scholar (+4) 1/1; Faction pin 1/1; Archivist (+3) 1/1; Wand CLW 38/50; Loremaster 1/1;
knowledge take 10s:
add guidance: Arcana 29; Dungeoneering 28; Engineering 29; Geography 31; History 33; Planes 32; Religion 29 ;all others 26
AC 16 (FF:15); Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +2 (extra +4 vs sonic & language)(extra +1 when surprised/flat footed); resist cold/2; Init +1; Perception -2

Lets go with vulnerabilities. or failing that something the GM thinks would be interesting.


Khellek the historian wrote:

Lets go with vulnerabilities. or failing that something the GM thinks would be interesting.

No vulnerabilities.

unique special ability: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Grasp of the Haunted (Sp) ... Tulvhatha can cause a swarm of spectral arms to materialize in an area within 60 feet to attack her foes. The spectral arms appear from the ground in a 20-foot-radius burst. Anyone standing on the ground in this area takes ... damage .... Creatures that fail the save are unable to move from their squares ....


Initiative:

Bossk (H): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Khellek (H): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Florin (H): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Yabatha (H): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Tatiana (H): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Jack (H): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Tulvhatha: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
N, H, W (Normal, Hybrid, Wolf)

Tulvhatha turns invisible.

You all (with sight), because you have the blessing of Ashava, see the trail of silvery moonlight shifts and moves to end in a different square a bit closer to you.

Bog squares, which are marked with light blue patches on the map, count as difficult terrain.

Perceptions (scent) DC15:

Everyone gets +8 for scent in hybrid form on this check.
Bossk: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 + 8 = 18 (scent while raging)
Florin: 1d20 - 1 + 8 ⇒ (18) - 1 + 8 = 25
Jack: 1d20 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 8 = 20
Khellek: 1d20 - 2 + 8 ⇒ (17) - 2 + 8 = 23
Tatiana: 1d20 + 7 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 8 = 17
Yabatha: 1d20 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 8 = 21

You all smell some swamp gas and realize that you shouldn't stand in some squares nearby.

Florin:
You know where all of the places are that you shouldn't stand, assuming you tell everyone on your initiative, I'll mark them at the start of Round 2 for you.

Status Card wrote:

Room 5 -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:
Round 1

Tulvhatha - dmg;
Jack - dmg; Hybrid
Tatiana - dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Khellek - dmg; Hybrid, shaken (1 hour)
Yabatha - dmg; Hybrid
Bossk - dmg; Hybrid, Blinded (raging AC12)
Florin - dmg; Mage Armor (5 hours), Hybrid, see invisibility (50 min) (AC16), shaken (1 hour)

Bold may act.

Handout: Blessing of Ashava
Scent
Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Sovereign Court

HP 21/21 | AC21 (17FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 | +4 Init | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +4* |

Tatiana casts protection from evil on herself. Then moves while drawing her wand of bless.

Where is it?


Tatiana Hybrid Form wrote:

Tatiana casts protection from evil on herself. Then moves while drawing her wand of bless.

Where is it?

Moved you back 5' as your speed is 30' and you went through difficult terrain and ended up at 35'. As a reminder:

GM Scott wrote:
Bog squares, which are marked with light blue patches on the map, count as difficult terrain.

And you are pretty sure you smell it within your smell range though with the swamp gas, that is a bit tricky. And you think the smell is coming from the direction that the glittering path ends.

301 to 350 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS CORE 10-07 Mysteries Under Moonlight Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.