GMAndrewW On Sevenfinger's Sails (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Initiative:

[dice=Init.Raynor]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Init, Zartan] 1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Init Auntie Stagg] 1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Init Dralitar] 1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Init Korfu] 1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Init, Hector] 1d20+12[/dice]

Perception:

[dice=Perception.Raynor]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Zartan] 1d20+15[/dice]
[dice=Perception Auntie Stagg] 1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Perception Dralitar] 1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Perception Korfu] 1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Perception, Hector] 1d20+11[/dice]

Handouts and Maps


351 to 400 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.

Raynor, take a scroll back, I'll use a charge from a boon that lets me cast lesser resto. Let's just keep your rolls, but you have a scroll back.

Hector will heal himself and begin searching around as well.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Take 10 as he searches for 21 perception.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

Ok thx


Fully refreshed the group begins to hunt through the enormous, web covered cave. Examining the webs it looks like they were made by creatures much larger than the spiders you fought here.

Your searching does turn up a couple of items of interest, a pair of small vials and two rings on the bodies of former dead adventurers. All of them radiate magic.

The Korfu easily identifies them, the potions are fly and water breathing. The rings are Swimming and Maniacal Devices.

The deep red glow continues to radiate from the south eastern tunnel.

Sovereign Court

Male Ifrit N Unchained Rogue 8 | HP 59/59| AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +6, CMD 25 | F: +5, R: +16, W: +5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +16 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Zartan parks up at the Ring of Maniacal Devices.

If I may? I've been looking for one of these.

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark

"Pleassse, help yoursself. Any objections to me taking the Ring of Sssswimming? Drowning is the #1 cause of death for wayangs adventuring on this plane."

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.

Hector has no objections to Zartan and Korfu claiming the rings.

"To the ominously glowing tunnel, fine comrades?"

Sovereign Court

Male Ifrit N Unchained Rogue 8 | HP 59/59| AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +6, CMD 25 | F: +5, R: +16, W: +5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +16 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Onward, indeed

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark

The Korfu will heed Raynor's advice and stay out of the front ranks, thank you very much

Dark Archive

female Half Orc Witch 7 | HP / | AC 19 w/ mage armor/15; Touch 13; FF 14 | F +7; R +7; W +8 | CMB+8; CMD 21 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1| Perc +7 | Stealth: +1 witch 7

Auntie Stagg turns to Raynor. "Raynor Auntie be more careful!" he holds up her greataxe "Me like to use axe to chop heads off but me stay in back and use magic powers! Then goat not have to worry that she won't have Auntie around anymore to feed her hay, carrots and magic scrolls!"


The group squeeze their way through the narrow passageway. The light grows stronger as they press forward. The curving mine tunnel opens into a long cavern with a high ceiling and two natural stone shelves, each nearly twice the height of an adult human. Uncut gemstones protrude from the walls, their deep red glow bathing the entire cave in a hellish ambience.

At the far end of the cavern two humanoids, dressed in rather unusual clothing mope around morosely on the cliff. As you emerge into the cavern they jump up in excitement.

Hellooooo there, why, its amazing, are we saved? one asked the other. Thank the saints and makers shouts the others. The spiders, are they gone? Horrible things, kept us trapped here for days. I told you we should never have come here Klytus. The other seems a little put out, It wasn't my idea, mother said we should come here, make our fortunes she said, no mention of horrible enormous great Leng Spiders was there.

The two of them both turn back to the group, They are dead yes? We can get the hell out of here now yes? We are both so enormously grateful to you all for saving us, who are you?

With that thw two of them step off the far ledge and float down to the lower level and start heading towards you, grinning wildly.

Currently only Raynor and Hector can see them. The ceiling is 35' here but there are large clusters of gems protruding out of the walls and ceiling making it difficult terrain. Hector recognises the gem clusters as Leng Rubies, the items Sevenfingers will use to fuel the engines of his plane hopping ships and which you need to use to get back to the Shackles. Klytus and his sibling are speaking in Common. They are not human or any other commonly known race you have met before.

GM rolls, no peeking:

Hector, ID: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (3) = 12
Raynor, something: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Hector, something: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Hector, arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Also, just as a reminder, you are still in Leng so many of you are taking penalties to various wisdom, int and charisma based checks. Please check the handout for the modifiers unless you are chaotic neutral.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

Raynor finds these two pretty chatty, and mentally activates his powers of detect evil on one of them while keeping his lance at the ready. Move action, spell-like ability, equal to 3 rounds of concentration, 60-foot range; depending on result Raynor will also say something to them.


Bear in mind that spell like abilities still have obvious visual effects which allows them to be identified. Do you still want to do that?

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.

knowledge (local) to ID?


It is not, I have rolled for you, you are not sure what they are.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.

”Well met, noble sirs! We have indeed vanquished the spiders. Was that perhaps your skiff on the dock? May I ask what sort of treasure you were after? And have you seen a man with seven fingers hereabouts?”

I don't ask those in rapid fire, but rather wait for answers - just trying to keep things moving.

Dark Archive

female Half Orc Witch 7 | HP / | AC 19 w/ mage armor/15; Touch 13; FF 14 | F +7; R +7; W +8 | CMB+8; CMD 21 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1| Perc +7 | Stealth: +1 witch 7

"Who there Hector?"


Skiff?. No, I dont think so says Klytus. What's a skiff? mutters the other one to his sibling. I don't know he mutters back.

As for treasure, well, just look around you, rubies galore for the taking. He hefts a large sack, More than enough for all of us I am sure. I must say, I am impressed that you mortals managed to take down a whole group of adult Leng Spiders. You must be very powerful.

As for a man with seven fingers, they both look at each other and answer in unison, Why no, who is this person?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil
GMAndrewW wrote:
Bear in mind that spell like abilities still have obvious visual effects which allows them to be identified. Do you still want to do that?

Yes


GM rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 6

The two creatures wander in your general direction, chatting amiably. Raynor activates his ability to detect evil. The two creatures give each other meaningful looks as he does so. Focusing on Klytus he does detect as having a strong aura of evil but then so does the entire Plane of Leng. This is however just enough to give you warning of their impending attack.

There is a surprise round, absent some ability to act in surprise rounds only Raynor gets to act in it. None of you can come even close to hitting the DC32 sense motive even if you could see them. Bear in mind that short duration buffs such as prot evil, divine favour or other minute/level things will have expired while you searched the cave and healed up. The enemies are at the top of a 10' high cliff.

One of the creatures lunges at the Gecko, the other at Raynor. As they lunge forward both expose mouths filled with dozens of needle sharp teeth. The gecko somehow manages to avoid being bitten but Raynnor takes a savage wound to the neck.

Raynor takes 27 damage and 1 point of dexterity drain

Combat rolls, you can peek:

Green bite Gecko: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (1, 3, 4, 5, 3) = 24
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Effect: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Red bite Raynor: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (4, 3, 6, 2, 6) = 27
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Effect: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Surprise Round

Hector
Korfu
Zartan
Green
Red
Raynor
Auntie

Bold may act

Status, anyone can read:

Zartan:
Hector:
Auntie Stagg:
Korfu:
Raynor: 41|68, 1 dex drain
Gecko:

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

They can move and attack in the surprise round? also as per bluff: "Deceive or Lie: Attempting to deceive someone takes at least 1 round, but can possibly take longer if the lie is elaborate (as determined by the GM on a case-by-case basis)."


They moved up as you entered the cave. People can take a round of actions if they want to. At present you dont really have a reason to suspect them other than one of them having an evil aura. They both appear to be upset, trapped and generally anxious to leave until they attack.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

It was obviously a subterfuge as they attacked me and drained my dex. I have limited ranks with this character so Detect Evil is my SOP when I enter a room full of people. Usually I don't immediately attack upon finding someone is evil! i.e. a lot of people are evil. But in this case they were closing on us and attacked me so... the chatting, using bluff to lie/deceive, coming off a ledge, walking and striking all appear a bit much for a surprise round, after I stated I was detecting evil and firmly holding my lance up...


I may have been a toouch hasty in pushing you into the encounter. I am giving you each a round to do something before they launch their ambush. They do still get to ambush you as none of you can come close to the sense motive DC. They will attack when they are adjacent, you could opportunity attack with your lance as they approached if you wanted to but I would consider that decidedly unpaladin like behaviour given they appear harmless, lost and/or trapped.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

Q: Based on them being evil, would it be unpaladin-like if I give them a stern warning not to approach first?

Raynor's a paladin, not an idiot: he's a ship captain with his own crew and stuff, and focuses on hunting down pirates in his off time from the Society... pirates are rat bastards that always try to trick you, and Raynor will fire a warning shot at dubious flags sailing in his direction. He doesn't wait for the pirate ship to be in boarding range: pirates want to kill you but keep your ship floating so that they can sell it. Are these dex-draining weirdos looking like pirates or thuggish in the way they dress? there's something to be said about someone's equipment: honest sailors would have tools at their belt, twine, rope, and don't wear gloves. If these dudes are dressed to kill, well... Raynor wouldn't just 'wait' for the inevitable to happen.

1 round retcon: I think the best solution here is not to act like a paladin and let Hector and Auntie continue their interactions with the kind light-hearted rogues. Detect Evil has a way to taint some interactions in the worst way...

Upon entering the cave and seeing its surface littered with gems, Raynor feeds a potion of feather step to assist Mozza in climbing the walls better, and direct the mount upwards to a height of 25 feet. Upon rising close to the ceiling, Raynor then sees the two moping individuals on a ledge up at the end of the cave and hails them as they approach:

"Hail and well-met noble Sirs! as my colleague here just said, we have indeed vanquished the spiders and would be honored to be of any assistance. In this strange plane, people should stick together and help each other for survival yes? You wouldn't happen to know the location of the pirate known as Sevenfingers, would you? we are here to hunt him down. Oh, and... ah... would it ok with you gentlemen if we pry some of these red-glowing rubies here?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.
GMAndrewW wrote:
They moved up as you entered the cave. People can take a round of actions if they want to. At present you dont really have a reason to suspect them other than one of them having an evil aura. They both appear to be upset, trapped and generally anxious to leave until they attack.

Except that we are on the plane of Leng in a weird mine and just survived a monster fight and on the trail of a crazy pirate. Bluff isn't the same as charm monster. We have reason to be suspicious, especially after Ranynor's detect evil pings, and if they got that close we would certainly call for them the halt (this is a challenge of PbP where that sort of incremental movement while talking is tedious to an extreme). I get that the scenario might call for the ambush, but fine give them a surprise to close on us with a move, and then let initiative determine if we have the reflexes to react in time. My two cents, in the end GM's the boss.


OK, full on retcon agogo. They will move up part way as you enter the cave. You hail them, they grin evilly and launch their surprise attack from a distance.

As Raynor calls out his greeting the two creatures gesture around to the many gems studding the wall. By all means, take what you need, we have more than enough for ourselves.

As they drop down the last of the inclines to where Zartan is waiting suddenly they seem to be full of claws and teeth.

They move up in their surprise round and now we enter regular initiative.

Round 1

Hector
Korfu
Zartan

Green
Red
Raynor
Auntie

Bold may act

Status, anyone can read:

Zartan:
Hector:
Auntie Stagg:
Korfu:
Raynor:
Gecko:

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark

The Korfu castes Haste centered on the corner where Zartan's square meets Hector's. Should get everybody.


You cannot see Raynor from where you are but you can see everyone else.

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark
GMAndrewW wrote:
You cannot see Raynor from where you are but you can see everyone else.

7 years in and I still can't remember that Haste is not a burst

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.

Hector spring forward and strikes at the rightmost “brother.”

Attack #1 w/Rapier +2 and haste: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28
#1 dmg w/ 5 precision if applies: 1d6 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 5 = 19

Attack #2 w/Rapier +2 and haste: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
#2 dmg w/ 5 precision if applies: 1d6 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 5 = 20

Attack #3 w/Rapier +2 and haste: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
#3 dmg w/ 5 precision if applies: 1d6 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 5 = 15

If an opponent makes a melee attack against Hector, he will attempt an opportune parry but he can’t riposte due to use of immediate action on save.

Opportune Parry and Riposte:

Spend 1 panache point and expend 1 AoO to:
Parry: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 vs. Enemy attack roll
Remaining Panache: 1/5; AoOs: 5/6

Sovereign Court

Male Ifrit N Unchained Rogue 8 | HP 59/59| AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +6, CMD 25 | F: +5, R: +16, W: +5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +16 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

If possible Zartan will hug the wall behind Hector to avoid any AoOs, otherwise the Acrobatics.

Zartan's swords glow red as he stabs at the creature Hector wounded.

Attack, Adamantine: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 = 31

Damage, +1, Adamantine, Slashing, Flaming: 1d6 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (5) = 19


Hector reacts with exceptional speed and, aided by the haste spell, pokes multiple holes into red. Zartan ducks up next to it and adds another for good measure. It is badly injured but still standing however its wounds promptly begin to heal over.

Each of them launch themselves at their respective enemies. Hector tries to bring his blade up to parry but is too slow. Fortunately the creatures needle sharp teeth cannot penetrate his armour and he easily twists away from the raking claws.

Zartan is not quite so fortunate. He avoids both of the claw attacks but the creature bites him viciously, ripping chunks of flesh from his neck and shoulder. Blood pours freely and the creature gobbles down gobbets of flesh.

Zartan takes 5 damage and 6 points of dex drain. You used your reroll earlier and I am not seeing any other way for you to get one

Combat rolls:

Green attacks Raynor, Red attacks Zartan

Green bite: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Effect: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Green claw 1: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Green claw 2: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Red bite: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Effect: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Red claw 1: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Red claw 2: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 1

Hector
Korfu
Zartan
Green
Red
Raynor
Auntie

Bold may act

Status, anyone can read:

Zartan:
Hector:
Auntie Stagg:
Korfu:
Raynor: 5 damage, 6 dex drain
Gecko:

Green
Red 68 damage

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

Raynor realizes the devious nature of these strangers and charges downwards, calling upon the power of the Harborwing!

Mounted Charge vs. Green, Power Attack, Smite Evil: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 3 = 36
damage, bypasses all DRs: 1d8 + 17 + 8 + 1d8 + 17 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 8 + (2) + 17 + 8 = 56

======================

CONFIRM CRIT: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 3 = 17 Blasted nat 1!!

CONFIRM CRIT, GM 3-star reroll: 1d20 + 13 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 3 + 3 = 38
damage, bypasses all DRs: 1d8 + 17 + 8 + 1d8 + 17 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 8 + (3) + 17 + 8 = 61

Dark Archive

female Half Orc Witch 7 | HP / | AC 19 w/ mage armor/15; Touch 13; FF 14 | F +7; R +7; W +8 | CMB+8; CMD 21 | Speed 30 ft | Init +1| Perc +7 | Stealth: +1 witch 7

Auntie uses evil eye on the nearest bad guy.

-2 on AC, DC 18


Raynor charges down the wall, seeking to skewer green.

Unusual anatomy, low is good for me: 1d100 ⇒ 76

His lance finds some vital spot, somehow, in the very unusual internal configuration of its organs and the creature collapses to the ground. The other one looks up and snarls, You killed Klytus you bastard, now mom is going to be sooooo mad at me

Meanwhile Auntie tries to distract him.

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 12

but he doesnt seem to notice her much.

Round 2

Hector
Korfu
Zartan

Green
Red
Raynor
Auntie

Bold may act

Status, anyone can read:

Zartan:
Hector:
Auntie Stagg:
Korfu:
Raynor: 5 damage, 6 dex drain
Gecko:

Green Very dead
Red 68 damage, -2AC for 1 round

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark

The Korfu moves up and tries to entangle this thing in shadow stuff (blinding darkness)

Ranged touch into melee (taking a further -4 for cover)
1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 3 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 17

If successful, target is entangled for 2 rounds and suffers a 20% mischance on all attacks unless it has darkvision


The Korfu hits the creature with his shadows, entangling it but rendering it difficult to see for those without darkvision.

Blinding Darkness:

Is this the ability you are using?
As a standard action, you cast a weave of shadows at any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. The shadows entangle your foe for 1 round plus 1 additional round for every five wizard levels you possess. In conditions of bright light, this duration is halved (minimum 1 round). A creature entangled by your shadows has concealment from those without darkvision or the ability to see in darkness, and other creatures likewise have concealment relative to it.

Round 2

Hector
Zartan

Korfu
Green
Red
Raynor
Auntie

Bold may act

Status, anyone can read:

Zartan:
Hector:
Auntie Stagg:
Korfu:
Raynor: 5 damage, 6 dex drain
Gecko:

Green Very dead
Red 68 damage, -2AC for 1 round, entangled and concealment 2 rounds

Sovereign Court

Male Ifrit N Unchained Rogue 8 | HP 59/59| AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +6, CMD 25 | F: +5, R: +16, W: +5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +16 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

The air around Zartan shimmers with the heat of his blades as he brings both swords to bear on the strange thing before him.

You have Zartan taking the hit in the narrative, but Raynor in the status box. The rolls are adjusted for Zartan taking the drain.

I'll check my boons for something that might counteract it, but it might depend on the cause.

Attack, Adamantine: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 19
Damage, Adamantine, Flaming: 1d6 + 8 - 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 3 + (3) = 10

Attack, Adamantine, Haste: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 3 + 1 = 22
Damage, Adamantine, Flaming: 1d6 + 8 - 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 3 + (4) = 11

Attack, Mithral: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 3 + 1 = 25
Damage, Mithral, Flaming: 1d6 + 8 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 + (4) = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Ifrit Swashbuckler 5/Oracle (Psychic Searcher) 4 | HP -12/72 | AC 30 (31 hasted) T 19(20) FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD28/21 | F: +6, R: +13 (+14), W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +11, SM: +3(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 6/7; Panache: 1/5; Charmed Life 1/3 | Spells: 1st 6/8 ; 2nd 1/4 | Active conditions:.

Hector hopes to end this fight quickly.

Attack #1 w/Rapier +2 and haste: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
#1 dmg w/ 5 precision if applies: 1d6 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 5 = 15

Attack #2 w/Rapier +2 and haste: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
#2 dmg w/ 5 precision if applies: 1d6 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 5 = 17

Attack #3 w/Rapier +2 and haste: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
#3 dmg w/ 5 precision if applies: 1d6 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 5 = 16


Between the two of them Zartan and Hector poke enough holes in the creature to bring it crashing down. The whole cavern grows silent, the light from the leng rubies pulsing in time with the flow of blood from the many holes in the monstrous denizens of Leng.

Combat is over, what do you do?

Status, anyone can read:

Yes, the damage and drain should have been on Zartan, I have corrected

Zartan: 47|52, 6 dex drain
Hector:
Auntie Stagg:
Korfu:
Raynor:
Gecko:

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

Raynor performs a coup de grace on each creature to prevent any needless suffering. "May the Harborwing forgive their days of piracy and show them a better way to sail the eternal seas. To sunny shores!"

Wiping his lance with an oiled rag, and making sure his attire is clean, he then turns his attention to the rubies.

"Any of you gentlemen or lady Auntie possess gemcutting tools or are adepts in gem mining? I believe we will need some of these gems to power the ship later, as per our initial instructions."


Looking around it is apprent that there are enough gems simply sitting around for you to collect and use. It might take a few minutes to search the cave as well if that is something you want to do.

No specialist mining skills needed.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

Raynor gathers as many as he can find, splitting load equally between backpack and saddlebags while the others search the cave.

Sovereign Court

Male Ifrit N Unchained Rogue 8 | HP 59/59| AC 24 T 17 FF 18 | CMB +6, CMD 25 | F: +5, R: +16, W: +5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +16 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None |

Was the drain from a poison? I have a boon that would bring Zartan's total fort up to +12 or +13 against poison with the antitoxin.


Sadly it was not

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark
GMAndrewW wrote:

The Korfu hits the creature with his shadows, entangling it but rendering it difficult to see for those without darkvision.

** spoiler omitted **

Round 2

Hector
Zartan

Korfu
Green
Red
Raynor
Auntie

Bold may act

** spoiler omitted **

That was the ability I was using, but I cast Communal Darkvision on everyone who didn't have it (Raynor and, I think, Dralitar who was since retconned out of the scenario. Hours per level buff should still be up, no?

Dark Archive

Male CN Wayang Wizard (Shadow School) 8 | hp 42/58 | AC 18* T 15 FF 15* | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +6, W +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +2, Concentration +15/+19 | Speed 20 ft | |Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 3/6, 3rd 2/6, 4th 1/4 | Conditions/Buffs: Invisibility, *Mage Armor; Umbral Arcane Mark

The Korfu will gather gems as well. He'll also renew his mage armor from the wand and take copious notes and measurements of this cave.


Spending a few minutes you collect a large quantity of gems and also search the cave. There are no other exits and no signs that Sevenfingers has been here. Determining that this area is a dead end you head back out of the cave system.

There is nothing more to find here. We will skip the optional encounter where level draining bodaks ambush you as you leave and move on to...

As you leave the cave system you come on an almost apocalyptic scene unfolding near the crumbling stone quays. The Princess of Mnar, the smaller ship docked nearby, is now almost completely wreathed in flames, and the vessel’s burning hull is already beginning to slip beneath the
gray waves. More startling, however, is the Voracious, which no longer floats next to its stone dock but is instead drifting slowly away from it. The ship glows with an eerie red light.

It seems that someone has stolen your ship and the only other transport out of here is a burning wreck.

What do you do? The quay is several hundred feet away but the Voracious seems to be moving away from the dock very slowly, almost as if it is taunting you, giving you a chance to catch up to it. You can see several figures on the deck.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 31/ touch 14/ ff 31; hp 68/68, F+13, R+7, W+12, Speed 20 ft. BUFFS: antitoxin, antiplague, divine favor, feather step (gecko), Protection vs. Evil

"RUN!!!" shouts Raynor, spurring his mount forward and hoisting the slower-moving small Korfu unto the saddle with him.

351 to 400 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW On Sevenfinger's Sails All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.