GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,574 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 43/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Wow. Strong armor." Tathane grunts, shakes his head, then stabs at the woman again.

dagger@creature,flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
damage,sneak: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + (1, 5, 4) = 11


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Tathane's strike downs the woman, though due to Aryas's nonlethal damage she merely falls unconscious on the floor before you.

Woman's Gear:
potion of cure moderate wounds; +1 half-plate, mwk heavy spiked steel shield, mwk longsword, mwk dagger, amulet of natural armor +1, silver unholy symbol

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

"Ahh, the lady is sleeping now! Let us bind and gag her and then hand her over to the authorities! I hope redemption is not beyond her capacity!!" Aryas says.

Aryas would take the amulet if that is ok?

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Well done. I can't imagine why she thought we'd want to do some stupid duel or other. Anyways."


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Aryas:
You get feelings of warmth, comfort, and approval from Clarity.

There are four closed doors leading off the landing: northeast, northwest, west, and south.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain

Hekk paws through the nice stuff in her possession. None of it looks interesting except the amulet and Aryas beats him to it. Hekk just shrugs and gives the lady a nudge with his foot.

"Heck, sure and glad I wasn't in her shoes. That was quite the beat down."

Hekk is already looking towards the next room to visit, but he waits until the others are done.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

After putting the lady in a comfortable position in her gagged and bound state Aryas looks at her again.

”She almost looks like me a couple of hours ago! Kind of strange, right? Well, we have to continue!“ he shrugs.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"An interesting observation, maybe she'll have some Aspis friends coming to rescue her then."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain

"Aspis? They involved in this? Heck, that would be awesome. I love a good showdown."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I'm just saying that they show up all the time, and wouldn't it be funny if just like we rescued Aryas, that Aspis came to rescue that one?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

Aryas opens the door to the west and enters.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

This bleak room is filled with broken iconography, smashed holy symbols, and tomes with violent or suggestive artwork on their covers.

Perception:

Branson: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Harlan: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 14 + (6) = 34+2 vs. traps
Leopold: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Hekk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Tathane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

There doesn't seem to be anything of value in the room.

Also, I missed a detail on the map: The stairs here also keep going to to a third floor.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

Aryas nods and walks to the other side of this floor to get a feeling for the architecture.

South?.

He approaches the southern door and opens it and enters.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Through the southern door, the decrepit library’s walls are lined with leaning wooden shelves. Both tomes fill the straining shelves and sit in tall piles on the floor. A few desks and a long table are also piled with books, scrolls, broadsheets, and almanacs that lie atop one another, obviously part of an ongoing research project.

A cloaked and hooded figure stands behind one of the desks. Three tongues protrude from between its sharp teeth. When Ayas opens the door, it hisses. "I can't abide these interruptions. Can't you see I am doing important work here. Begone at once!"

Knowledge (planes) DC 15:
The researcher is a Venedaemon (NE Medium outsider (daemon, evil, extraplanar)). The venedaemon personifies death by magic, and so has an inborn talent for all manner of sorcery. Though as hungry for souls as any other member of its daemonic kin, the venedaemon thirsts equally for intangible wealth through the acquisition of knowledge.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

Aryas hesitates.

Detect evil as a move action.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Definitely evil.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 43/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

As soon as Aryas opens the door and steps into the room Tathane slips past him and moves to hide behind a bookshelf and barrel on the far side of the room. Sticking to the shadows, and hoping Aryas's presence is a distraction, he tries to avoid detection.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 Moving across the room and into a hidden location. Is that possible?


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road
Tathane Halfbarrel wrote:

As soon as Aryas opens the door and steps into the room Tathane slips past him and moves to hide behind a bookshelf and barrel on the far side of the room. Sticking to the shadows, and hoping Aryas's presence is a distraction, he tries to avoid detection.

Moving across the room and into a hidden location. Is that possible?

Sure. In 2e parlance, I'd say you are hidden, but not undetected. He knows you are in the room somewhere, but doesn't know where you are.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

What's the status here? Are we in combat rounds? Doesn't seem so, no initiative. If that's the case then...

Branson says "Hekk, get on it quick, and stay on it," and he touches the orc casting silence on him.

Silenece takes a round to cast, so maybe not. If I cannot do this, then I'll give the same direction, but I'll hit him with bear's endurance instead as just a standard action.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain

Hekk pokes his head around the corner and takes a look at the thing.

"Heck, looks like another monster to me. But it talks. Some monsters talk, right? Seems unfriendly."

And worse, seems like it might be a monster that doesn't want to fight. That don't seem normal either.

We are not in rounds, right? I know from experience that if we cast a spell in plain sight they usually take it poorly and combat starts. But if you are around the corner and out of sight... Maybe Brandon will be able to get that spell off before combat? Anyway we are not in combat yet, right?

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

I wasn't here at the beginning of this adventure, so stop me if I'm screwing something up here that we were told about. Strange things that look like that rarely mean good things to the adventurers.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

Aryas sees that Branson starts casting and immediately completion of the spell charges forward to attack!

Aryas feels Clarity and swings again!

Dealing lethal damage now.

+1 holy Scimitar Clarity : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage, lethal: 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (1, 2) = 10

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 1/6, 2nd 3/4, 3rd 1/2 | Tricks 1/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Now, now, this isn't the way of Psionicsology," Leopold tuts from the doorway. "Beneath that evil guise is a person trying to get clear."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

Hearing Leopold the bard shouts ”This being is pure evil and we cannot allow it to prey on us later, right?! So let’s subdue it and the see what happens! Is it alive?!“

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain
Branson Davelock wrote:
I wasn't here at the beginning of this adventure, so stop me if I'm screwing something up here that we were told about. Strange things that look like that rarely mean good things to the adventurers.

Quite right. Hekk... is just Hekk. That thing is most DEFINITELY a Bad Thing.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 2/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan enters the room behind Aryas and Tathane to see who or what was talking.

Kn(planes): 1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + (2) + 12 = 20

Assuming he can get this off before silence drops
"Another gods-damned daemon. This one is a Venedaemon. Magic out the wazoo."

GM - I appreciate having the pic of the creature next to the map!


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Looks like we are going into initiative. This guy with the tentacles definitely just wanted to talk, you guys!

We'll say the following happened in the surprise round: Aryas detects evil, Tathane hides in the room, Branson begins casting silence, Harlan identifies the creature. (You also get 2 questions. I like the big pictures too!)

Initiative:

Aryas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Branson: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Leopold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Hekk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Aryas approaches the creature and slices into it with Clarity. Branson completes casting silence on Hekk.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Aryas
Harlan
Hekk
Tathane
Branson
(move action)
Red (-10)
Leopold

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain

Hekk really doesn't understand all this evil vs. non-evil stuff. What matters to him is enemy, or at least opponent, vs. friend/ally. And since Aryas made it quite clear that this was his enemy and since Aryas is his ally, it stands to reason that the thing is also his ally. Right? With a shrug that dismisses any further philosophical thoughts from his purpose driven brain, Hekk moves to engage.

To hit Bardiche, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage Bardiche, power attack: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson will move up behind Hekk.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 43/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane peeks around the corner of the bookshelf and pulls his bow free. He aims an arrow at the evil creature and fires.

shortbow@creature,PBS,in melee: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 2/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

DR and special attacks?

Harlan studies the daemon, loads a silver bolt cartridge in his xbow, and attacks.
+2 xbow attack, PBS and Studied combat: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 + 3 = 16
dmg, PBS and Studied strike: 1d10 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 3 = 13


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

DR 5/good or silver; Special Attack Arcane Soul-Crush (Su) A venedaemon may consume a held soul gem as a swift action, allowing it to cast any of its spells known without using a spell slot. For the daemon to use this ability, the consumed gem must contain the soul of a creature with Hit Dice equal to or greater than the spell level of the
desired spell.

Aryas and Hekk both land solid blows, though some of the damage from Hekk's attack is mitigated.

Hemmed in by you, and encased in silence, the creature tries to draw on its innate abilities.
Concentration Check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
There's a flash of magic and a whoosh of air as the creature disappears.

Spellcraft DC 19:
Dimension Door

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Aryas
Harlan
Hekk
Tathane
Branson (move action)
Red (-22)
Leopold

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Aryas
Harlan
Hekk
Tathane
Branson

Red (-22)
Leopold

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

”Where did it go?!“ Aryas asks in wonder.

delays

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson backs away from Hekk, far enough to get away from the silence and casts invisibility purge.

40' radius of invisibility purge

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 1/6, 2nd 3/4, 3rd 1/2 | Tricks 1/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Spellcraft
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Leopold will delay.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 43/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Tathane looks around. Did the demon just vanish or did it leave this plane? He puts an arrow on the string and keeps the bow drawn, ready to fire in an instant.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Tathane, you recall that dimension door is among the abilities possessed by the creature, and invisibility is not.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)
GM MattMorris wrote:
Tathane, you recall that dimension door is among the abilities possessed by the creature, and invisibility is not.

Hahaha, yes, well, I only rolled a 13!

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain

"Heck if I know."

Hekk starts waving his polearm around trying to make contact with and locate the creature.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 2/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"Let's starting looking on this floor, and move on as needed." Harlan moves to the opposite door.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 43/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane shakes his head and looks down. "Guys! It's not invisible. That kind of demon can't do that. It can teleport though. That's probably what happened."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

“Wow! You know so much Tathane!“ Aryas says in surprise.

“Let us search this place and see if we can find anything!“

Aryas casts detect magic and starts searching.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Please remember that no one around Hekk can hear anything, as you are in magical silence.

The creature emerges from the antipaladin's room. It gestures and a field of grasping tentacles sprout up around the room!
Grapple: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Black Tentacle CMD: 24

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Aryas
Harlan (grappled, -5)
Hekk
Tathane
Branson (grappled, -5)
Red (-22)
Leopold (grappled, -5)

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Aryas
Harlan (grappled, -5)
Hekk
Tathane
Branson
(grappled, -5)
Red (-22)
Leopold (grappled, -5)

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson attempts to get loose...

grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

... and fails

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 1/6, 2nd 3/4, 3rd 1/2 | Tricks 1/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

What are the rules on psychic casters casting while grappled? Do I need to make a concentration check? If not, I'll...

...cast Jester's Jaunt and send Branson to be in melee with the baddie (if that's where you want to be)

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

I'll take it!

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain

There seems to be a greyed out section of the room Hekk is in. Is that area supposed to be hidden? And are both of th ered enemies supposed to be on the map?

Hekk charges back across the room he just charged into...

CMB: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

...but doesn't get far before he, too, is stuck. Undaunted he does what he is used to doing and starts taking ineffective swings at the tentacles.

"Finally a foe worth fighting!" Not sure myself whether he means the tentacles or the caster.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Remember, Hekk is silenced, right?

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being chalrming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | Bardic Performance 7/10 | HP 54/54 | AC 23 T 16 FF 17 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 16 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +4 | Init: +10 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 4/5 | Darkvisioon 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions: AoNA +1, Reduce Person

Aryas walks forward to the door and sees the tentacles.

”Wow, this seems to be a captivating situation! I have something for exactly these situations!“

He retrieves three oils of grease from his bag of holding.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 dragon disc/1 | HP: 56/56 (0/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 20/11/19 20/11/19 (-2 if rage) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~rage), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if rage) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Gift of Will, -3 charisma drain
Branson Davelock wrote:
Remember, Hekk is silenced, right?

Good point, as is anyone near him. And even if they are not near him, the sound won't get to him.

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,574 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.