GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,122 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I am glad I unburdened myself to you all on the topic of my ineffectiveness against creatures of this type!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Haha! You used it even more appropriately!

I'm going to move hits around a little bit, just to deal with the PBP synchronous turns. Also, uncanny dodge does let you take AoOs before your turn.

In a glorious symphony of destruction, Hekk lands a mighty blow on orange at it lumbers toward him, then tears apart blue and lands a hit on pink. Tathane tumbles around and slices into pink, finishing it off. Branson lands one flaming hit against black.

Headless of danger, the yellow zombie shambles into the kill zone.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Orange (-20)
Blue
Pink

Black (-8)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk
Yellow
Leopold
Harlan

Red

Combat Map

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo will shout encouragement to Hekk and take total defense for himself.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan shift back away from the zombies, and fires at the one menacing Branson after quickly studying it.

+2 xbow attack w/ PBS and Studied combat : 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 3 = 28
dmg, PBS and Studied strike: 1d10 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + (5, 4) = 17


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Harlan's bolt punctures the zombie's head. The recently-deceased red zombie shuffles in to join the party.

The black zombie takes a swing at Hekk.
slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Orange
Blue
Pink

Black (-8)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk

Yellow
Leopold
Harlan
Red

Combat Map

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson will continue swinging away at the black zombie...

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26 +1 twice per round
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 1 = 8 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9 +1 twice per round
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 1 = 8 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

I accidentally killed the wrong zombie. Harlan would have taken out black. Let's say that Branson stepped up and killed orange. My bad!

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Orange
Blue
Pink
Black

Tathane
Branson
Hekk
Yellow
Leopold
Harlan
Red

Combat Map

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk steps over his abandoned bardiche and over the fallen zombie and right into a flank, as if daring them to try to hit him.

With a shout of glee he lashes out at red, then yellow, with his nasty claws and clamping teeth.

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit bite, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

He's a bit off form though.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane steps up towards the zombie near Hekk and slashes again with his dagger.

dagger@yellow,flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
damage,sneak: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (6, 2, 5) = 16


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Oof, the dice roller is playing you guys!

Hekk manages one hit against the red zombie, but his other swings come up just short, as does Tathane's attempt to backstab the creature.

The yellow zombie attacks the rogue, but misses in its clumsiness.
slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Orange
Blue
Pink
Black

Tathane
Branson
Hekk
Yellow
Leopold
Harlan

Red (-15)

Combat Map

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Now is maybe not the time to show off my new 3rd level spells.

Leopold draws his dagger, advances on Red and aids the next melee attack against him.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Too bad hideous laughter doesn't work on zombies. Hekk would pay to see that.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Matt, if I can change my play, I'll apply Bold Stare and cast Hideous Laughter on the zombie, for Leo's good pal Hekk.

DC 17 Will save and, with Psychic Inception in effect, the zombie has a 50% chance to ignore it each round. In any event, I'll add 3 damage to the next attack and the zombie takes a -2 penalty on attack roles.

"How many psychiatrists does it take to light a candle? Two. One to light the candle and the other to falsely accuse Leopold of having narcissistic personality disorder. Ha!"

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan studies the yellow-jerkin zombie and fires.
+2 xbow attack w/ PBS and Studied combat: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 + 3 = 26
dmg, PBS and Studied strike: 1d10 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6, 1) = 10


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Ignore Chance (High=Ignore this round): 1d100 ⇒ 36

The red zombie falls to the ground, sputtering and coughing at the joke. Meanwhile, Harlan's bolt skewers the yellow zombie, but it stays upright.

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Orange
Blue
Pink
Black

Tathane
Branson
Hekk

Yellow (-5)
Leopold
Harlan
Red (-15, laughing)

Combat Map

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

This paralyzes Hekk for a few seconds as he watches the zombie thrash. At first he has no idea what is going on until he sees Leo giving him the fish-eyed stare.

"Heck, how did you do that, Leo."

Hekk literally spends the whole round just staring, laughing, and poking the convulsing zombie with his foot. Oh, he also drops his rage and is immediately fatigued.

What we do in the interest or role-play!

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson takes a 5’ step to flank red and attacks...

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 27 +1 twice per round
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 1 = 4 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10 +1 twice per round
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 1 = 4 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

”Stop your gawking, and get back in the fight!”


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Branson manages to finish off the zombie, though he wouldn't have been able to if it weren't rolling on the ground! One undead shambler remains!

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

With the zombie permanently stilled, Hekk rouses from his reverie and absent mindlessly takes a couple of swipes at the remaining zombie, using his claws from his bloodline, and though fatigued.

To hit claw, power attack, fatigued: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8
Damage claw, power attack, fatigued: 1d6 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11
To hit claw, power attack, fatigued: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10
Damage claw, power attack, fatigued: 1d6 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11

Then truly coming out of his reverie he gains some focus and clamps down with his mighty jaws.
To hit bite, power attack, fatigued: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19
Damage bite, power attack, fatigued: 1d4 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane takes a moment to stare at the zombie that seems to be laughing on the ground. "Hekk, what did you do to that thing?" Without waiting for a response he slices at the zombie in front of him who is very much not laughing.

dagger@yellow,flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

More bad rolls.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Hekk wrote:

This paralyzes Hekk for a few seconds as he watches the zombie thrash. At first he has no idea what is going on until he sees Leo giving him the fish-eyed stare.

"Heck, how did you do that, Leo."

Hekk literally spends the whole round just staring, laughing, and poking the convulsing zombie with his foot. Oh, he also drops his rage and is immediately fatigued.

What we do in the interest or role-play!

"It wasn't me, my boy. I've never done that in my life. You caused it! You are once again manifesting your own reality. Never before have I had such a prodigiously talented student!" says a very pleased Leopold.

Bluff
1d20 + 31 ⇒ (15) + 31 = 46

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

After unlatching his jaws from the last zombie, Hekk shouts, "I DID?! I did, didn't I. WOW! I think I'm getting the hang of this psionicaologicaly thing."

Hekk looks with awe on the results of his awesomeness.

"How much did you say that book costs?"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Think the board ate one of my posts. Hekk's last attack killed the last zombie.

The zombie drops limply out of Hekk's jaws, and peace descends on the graveyard long enough that you pick up on some additional details.

The zombies all seem fairly recently deceased. Their facial features have hardly started to rot, so many of them would probably still be recognizable. One of the graves that was not disturbed in the battle was that of Tolger Mann.

The graveyard stretches between the wall and the manor house. At its center is a mausoleum and three outbuildings sit around its edges.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I think we know two things. One; something turned these things into zombies, and two, something was still alive, or undead, to bury them."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Hmmm. Well, that means there are probably more of these things wandering around. Do you think if we buried them again, they would come back?"

Could that be a note of hopefulness in his voice?

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"No, sorry. Usually when you knock such undead down, they stay down. Although there ARE some types of undead that are much harder to kill and have them stay killed."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

To Hekk, "Only 14.95, but you're ready to start taking my courses. The first one costs 450 gp, which I invite you to think of as an investment in yourself."

"Branson, I agree. Whoever this 'master' is must be the one making all the zombies, and connected somehow to the goings on back in town."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Let's check out the mausoleum on our way to the big house."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Good idea, checking out the other buildings first." Tathane starts to sheath his dagger then thinks better of it. Probably better to keep the blade at hand.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk's eyes google at the mention of over 4 C's of gold. "Uh, heck, I guess the book will do for a starter... The mausoleum sounds fun. Probably more practice zombies in there too."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"My religious training tells me that a building such as a mausoleum should be off limits for our inspection, but with what we have seen going on here, the Pathfinder in me says we definitely need to look into it."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Yes, wouldn't want to interfere with someone's final resting place. Why don't you take a gander at the big house while I perform a psychic reading on the mausoleum--from the outside of course."

Will take 10 for a 41 on Bluff and take 10 on Disable Device for a 25 if Branson turns a blindeye/doesn't actually mind me breaking in.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”Are you suggesting that we split the party? I don’t know what your reading requires, but get on with it, and then we can explore the thing properly.”

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Oh, well if you don't mind just cracking 'er open then let's do that."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Leopold investigates the mausoleum in the center of the cemetery while allying Branson's concerns.

The door opens very easily--perhaps it sees frequent use?

Inside, Leopold sees two creatures (pictured on the slide) that seem somewhat surprised to see him.

"Ah, visitors?!" One of them rasps.

Put yourselves where you would like at the beginning of combat, as long as you start outside the mausoleum.

Initiative:

Branson: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Leopold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Hekk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Knowledge (religion) DC 12[/spoiler:
The creatures are huecuvas, the risen corpses of heretical clerics who blasphemed and renounced their deities before meeting death. In unlife, they hate and seek to destroy those pious souls who keep their vows.

The blue creature who spoke up casts a quick spell, and you feel a wave of baleful energy wash over you.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Bane

Everyone please attempt a DC 13 Will save at the start of your turn. On failure, take –1 penalty on attack rolls and a –1 penalty on saving throws against fear effects

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Blue
Harlan
Tathane
Branson
Leopold

Red
Hekk

Combat Map

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"These are huecuvas, the risen corpses of heretical clerics who blasphemed and renounced their deities before meeting death. In unlife, they hate and seek to destroy those pious souls who keep their vows."

Branson hurls a searing light at the one that cast the spell.

Searing Light: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Normal DMG: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 6, 2, 2, 3, 1) = 23 vs undead

If they have light sensitivity then I need to roll d8s instead.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Well isn't that nice. Seems like we're finding all kinds of nastiness." Tathane drops his dagger, whips out his shortbow and fires an arrow at one of the creatures.

shortbow@red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage,sneak attack: 1d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + (5, 2, 4) = 15 Assuming that they are flat-footed so I get my sneak dmg

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Hekk, don't forget your gift of will. There's more where that came from!

Will Save
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

Spellcraft
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo gives Red the evil eye (bold stare and psychic inception), casts Murderous Command on him and moves out the way of the door.

DC 17 Will Save to negate and a 50% chance to ignore it.

Leo will add 3 damage to the next successful attack against Red.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Kn(religion) to ID creature: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 12 + (5) = 22
Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

resistances/immunities/weaknesses?

Harlan readies to fire if one of the creatures comes out of the masoleum.
+2 xbow attack w/ PB & bane: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 - 1 = 24
dmg, PBS: 1d10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Branson unleashes a burst of fire at the blue creature while Tathane catches red unawares. Leopold bends his will against the red undead, though the creature resists his spell. Harlan recalls that the creatures have DR 5/magic or silver and undead traits.

Will save: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24

"Adorable! Come, come. Surely you do not think you can affect me with your silly spells."

The undead creature advances on Leopold, taking a bolt from Harlan in the process, then attacks with its claws.
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for s/p: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Blue (-23)
Harlan
Tathane
Branson
Leopold
Red (-18)
Hekk

Combat Map

(I put the painful stare damage on Tathane's attack, just so I don't forget about it. Tathane, is your bow magic? I'm assuming it isn't.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

I'd rather not waste the gift of will on a bane spell when these things are bound to cast something nastier soon.

will ST: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Gads! Glad I made that decision before I rolled.

"Spells are stupid. I like claws too."

Hekk goes into a controlled rage, steps forward and drops his weapon, then rips into his foe.

To hit claw, power attack, rage, bane: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit claw, power attack, rage, bane: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 1 = 18
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit bite, power attack, rage, bane: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk, do your claws count as magical?

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Hekk wrote:

I'd rather not waste the gift of will on a bane spell when these things are bound to cast something nastier soon.

[dice=will ST]1d20+5 Gads! Glad I made that decision before I rolled.

Manifesting. Your. Own. Reality.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will
GM MattMorris wrote:
Hekk, do your claws count as magical?

I do not believe so, no. Going to need to get bodywraps or something for that eventually. Until then I'll have to overcome DR with brute force. I'm hoping the DR is only 5 and not 10!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk tears into the red creature, though its tough flesh somewhat resists his blows.

The ex-priest in the mausoleum tuts, "Sejil, you always want to play so rough with our guests." She intones a spell and a thick mist rises around her.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Obscuring mist.

In the mist: A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Blue (-23)
Harlan
Tathane
Branson
Leopold

Red (-38)
Hekk

Combat Map

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will
GM MattMorris wrote:
"Sejil, you always want to play so rough with our guests."

"Sejil!? You are the better man, er, thing." He shouts at the other opponent, now hidden in the mists. [larger]"WIMP!"[/larger]

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane watches the mist form and he loses sight of the creatures. "I'm going around." He jogs off to his left to the side entrance. The concealing mist covers the entrance but Tathane moves forward based on memory. A shadowy figure stands in the doorway. That must be the second creature. Tathane quickly slices with his dagger.

dagger@blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
concealment >20 is hit: 1d100 ⇒ 87
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson will move up and attack red...

These ARE magical attacks.

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2

20% Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 10 Miss (of course the 11 wouldn't hit either)

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,122 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.