GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


951 to 1,000 of 1,120 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Well, we're looking for some friends of ours. If you would be so kind as to point us in their direction, we'll be happy to be on our way. Unless, that is, you've already, ah--," Leopold fishes for the right word, eyeing the corpse on the spit, "Made their acquaintance."

"Of course, I'll provide you with promotional copies of my bestselling book, Diatribics, and I'll even throw in a free e-meter reading--guaranteed to leave you touched, moved, and inspired!"

If the latter claims strike you as requiring a Bluff check, I'll take 10 for a 40.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

I mean, it's all true, right? Ha!

The lead caliban answers you, "Some old folks passed near here several hours ago. They stayed far from us. Looked tired. We probably could have caught them, but..." he glances back at the roasting spit, "We were in the middle of a heated debate about brining versus dry rubs."

He wipes an errant drip of spittle off his face and adds, "It looked like they were headed to The Master's house."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

I'm loving the Leopold character btw! Reminds me of the play style of a guy I used to game with in Living Greyhawk ages ago!

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Branson Davelock wrote:
I'm loving the Leopold character btw! Reminds me of the play style of a guy I used to game with in Living Greyhawk ages ago!

Thanks, Branson! I do my best to mesmerize!!

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Ooh, interesting! Where did you land on dry rub vs brining?"

After the caliban replies, Leo will bring the conversation back to the matter at hand.

"May I ask where is the Master's House? And who is this Master of whom you speak?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"Preparing hunters is a tricky business, as they tend to be a bit gamey and stringy. We went with an acidic sauce to help break things down a bit. Doesn't take as long as a brine, either..." he glances at one of the other calibans, who is frowning, "I want to eat today, Flenn!"

"The Master lives in the fiend's house a few miles from here." He points to the north. "The Master is is angry with us, for we failed to make him younger. But he lets us live here, and we keep him safe."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk eyes the meal suspiciously, but figures if it is OK with Leo it's OK with him. He's had to watch all sorts of nasty things get eaten when he spent his time with the orcs and goblins. As the conversation progresses, his tight grip on his pole arm loosens, and though his eyes are not glazed yet, he starts to lose interest.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Well, it smells lovely, whatever it is you've done. I won't keep you from you dinner. But if you wouldn't mind sharing, why did the Master think you could make him younger? And what type of bloke is the Master? Human? Is there a fiend in residence there?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

As Leo says, 'But if you wouldn't mind sharing,' Hekk momentarily starts, not liking where he is going. Leo seems smart but in some ways he seems pretty dumb too, always thinking the best of people. He is about to interrupt and warn him away from the food. But then Leo continues by talking about the youth thing and Hekk relaxes again.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"The Master is a half-elf. He was trying to make us like him so that he could become young." The caliban shrugs. Now that he mentions it, the members of the group do have vaguely half-elven features--a pointed nose here, long ears there.

"There's definitely some sort of fiend at the Master's house, but we don't know anything about her. She's not very friendly. Not like you!"

One of the calibans in the back raises a hand and interrupts, "Hi, I'm Flonn. You said something about unlocking our potential? I always wanted to be chief, but something seems to be holding me back."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Yes, back to the matter at hand, young Flonn. I can see your leadership potential from all the way over here," Leo says with a sly wink to the current chief. "The something that is holding you back is a swarm of thetodemons and the key to unlocking your potential is getting clear of them. Now, I want you to read this book cover to cover," he says, autographing the tome. "But first we'll do an e-meter reading."

Leo takes out a mechanical spider with a red gem set into it and beckons Flonn over to him.

"Now, my good man, I want you to put both hands on the spider and answer my questions truthfully. First, did you come to this planet to do evil?"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Flonn approaches warily, but with genuine curiosity. He places his clawed hands on the spider.

"Ah, no."

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

As Leopold talks, Harlan starts to circle around the camp a bit, trying to get a look at what exactly they're cooking. Did they say they are eating hunters? These monstrosities will likely need to be put down.

Loud whisper to those nearby: "Remember, we're on the lookout for some missing rangers. They might be cooking them as we speak!"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk starts casting his gaze about for discarded clothing. Ranger clothing. Though he's not quite sure what ranger clothing looks like. Probably green and leathery. Though that would also match the clothing worn by a certain professional woman he did business with once. If he can just find said clothing, maybe there will be a fight after all!

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Indeed, perhaps if we could see their dinner's personal effects?"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Looking more closely at the meal, it appears to be another caliban--as best you can tell. There actually doesn't seem to be any evidence of the missing rangers around this camp.

"Effects? His club might be around here somewhere."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane moves up to Leopold. "Maybe we should leave these fine folks alone and head on over to the Master's house," he says quietly.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Second, question, have you ever had any negative thoughts about me, Leopold R. Bibbard?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Yep. Doesn't everyone? Though I have negative thoughts about most anyone. What a strange question.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun
Leopold R. Bibbard wrote:
"Second, question, have you ever had any negative thoughts about me, Leopold R. Bibbard?"

"Oh no, you look delicious. And so polite!"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson nods his head, "delicious AND polite, exactly what I was thinking!"

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Fair enough. I'll leave you with this quick mantra and then we have to pay a visit to the Master, Repeat after me:

Nobody hates me. Everyone loves me.
The Andoran Navy is not out to get me,
I've never given them a reason to hang me from a yardarm.
There are no snakes under my bed..."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Ha! That will always kill me.

With that powerful mantra, the group will level up!

I'll post Chronicle Sheets tonight, but you all are going to level up before you get to the Master's House. You are also replenished to full hit points and daily resources by the power of pscionicsology!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

You can use this mantra anytime you want to level up, by the way. GMs the world over are obligated to respect it.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

It also cures flat feet!

As you pass through the forest, you can see the peak of a manor house

A five-foot-tall stone wall surrounds the grounds of Bitter Manor. A grove of staggered trees outlines the path leading to an iron gate. Beyond the gate, a sodden dirt path leads up a small hill to the mansion’s front porch. Even from a distance, the house clearly shows signs of neglect. Boardedup patches; broken windows of dirty glass; and faded, peeling paint make Tristeza House’s reputation as a haunted manor seem reasonable.

A graveyard, complete with a family mausoleum, is visible inside the stone wall. Between the graveyard and the house lies an overgrown garden of wilted flowers.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson will endeavor to read the name on the mausoleum, and will also note any heraldry or art that might give us some clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Well, there it is. Hekk, maybe the graveyard has some animated bodies to fight if we're lucky! Let's get ready!"

Jut before entering the ground, Hekk surreptitiously casts shield on himself, still feeling awkward about his magical powers and this time it works.

ASF 15: 1d100 ⇒ 44

Are any of the items from the last chronicle still available as loot? I assume not, including that nice scimitar. Leo, you going to set up any tricks?

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo does an e-meter reading with Hekk in the morning, and is very pleased with Hekk's progress toward going truly clear. Gift of Will for the big half-orc! Mesmeric Mirror to Tathane unless someone else wants a turn with the Spider of Truth.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

I was having issues with the pdf when I posted last time. Here is a map of the compound, which should help you all decide your approach. The insets are close-up views of the approach to the front gate and the graveyard. You can approach from any direction you wish.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"I say we hop the fence and head through the graveyard."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Really? Why would we want to do that? Hekk, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get into a fight." Tathane grins at his half-orc friend. "Honestly, I don't care how we go in. It's going to be a problem no matter what. At least I think so."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”I take it that knocking on the front door isn’t considered a viable option?”

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"I always prefer the front door, but if Hekk really wants to go in through the graveyard, I won't deny him that pleasure."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will
Leopold R. Bibbard wrote:
"I always prefer the front door, but if Hekk really wants to go in through the graveyard, I won't deny him that pleasure."

And THAT, THAT is all it takes. Hekk rushes over to the wall nearest the graveyard and climbs over.

climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson looks to Leopold following Hekk's rapid departure, "are you sure that you are not mind controlling that one?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"By Pharasma's eyes, you oaf!" Harlan's shoulders slump and he lets out a deep sigh of frustration. After a moment, he pulls himself together and follows the group.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Seriously? You have to encourage him?" Tathane looks at Leopold and shakes his head then jaunts off after the half-orc. He vaults over the wall with ease.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"We must embrace self-expression, my budding psionicsologists. After this morning's auditing session, Hekk's thetodemon count is way down, allowing him to act free of the repression society expects of us."

Leo climbs ungainly over the wall. (Might have to take 20 to pull it off.)


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You guys kill me. I love it.

Hekk enthusiastically leads the group into the graveyard by practically vaulting over the wall. Once everyone is safely on the manor-ward side of the wall, you have a moment to take in your surroundings.

Once a sloped lawn on the south side of the manor house, the grounds here are now marked by gravesites rising amid the weeds. Several of them are marked by gray or white stones. Each grave appears fairly fresh, and has a relatively new stone marker.

Most of the markers list names, dates of death, and city of residence, along with a cause of death. A typical stone reads, "Mareus Graffe of Hope’s Hollow, 4676–4713. Hanged himself after the mother he loved so married a second husband in Absalom. Praised be Laivatiniel."

Knowledge (religion) DC 25:
Laivatiniel is an obscure demigod from the gloomy realm of Abaddon. His name is barely recorded, except in the histories of dark cults devoted to incestuous rituals and unhealthy parental obsessions.

Perception:

Branson: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Harlan: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 14 + (1) = 18+2 vs. traps
Leopold: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Hekk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Tathane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

All of you immediately notice that two of the graves here are partially dug out and have new headstones, marked for Igneous Crandel and Branda Tulles. The stones each bear an inscription noting the current year as the date of death and a proclamation that the deceased died alone, trying to save a lost friend.

Harlan and Hekk also note a headstone bearing Tolger Mann’s name. (You may remember him as the man who was killed by his son in Casomir, creating a haunt.)

Harlan and Branson also notice several spots of disturbed ground that look more like concealed traps than graves. (I've marked them on the map.)

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Branson seems a bit disturbed by the circumstances, ”ummmm, over there, and there, the soil appears disturbed. It could be trapped. I’m no trapsmith, however, so that is not my area of expertise! This seems like an awful lot of new graves. Did I warn you all of my relative ineffectiveness against the undead? If not, perhaps this is a bad time to mention it!”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk stomps on a few graves as if to say, come out and play. He's a bit disappointed when nothing emerges. He's not quite dumb enough to stomp on the graves that might be traps though. Note to GM: Hekk gets a +1 bonus against traps from his barbarian class.

"Humph. I do hope some of these graves are premature. Who is this paraiseworthy Laivariniel? Some god or goddess of of stupid deaths of stupid people?"

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"I have no idea who that is but maybe I don't want to know either." Tathane looks where the others point out traps. "Hmm. Let me take a look."

Perception,trap finding: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17

If I spot the traps, I'll try to disable them.

Disable, if appropriate:

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Having had the traps pointed out to you, you can take 20 to see them.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Knowledge Religion
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Leo will assist Tathane in disabling the traps, if he can.

"Were these traps meant to keep people out or keep the dead in?"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”Perhaps they are just meant to punish the unwary for desecrating their holy place?”


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk is in luck, because as Tathane and Leopold approache the first of the traps, some of the recent graves begin to stir, disgorging a sextet of zombies.

Initiative:

Branson: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Leopold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Hekk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Black: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Red: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Orange: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Yellow: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Pink: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Four of the zombies, reacting with uncharacteristic speed, move in on the group.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Orange
Blue
Pink
Black
Tathane
Branson
Hekk

Yellow
Leopold
Harlan
Red

Knowledge (religion) DC 6:
They are zombies. Staggered, DR 5/slashing. You've probably seen them before!

Combat Map

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

A big smile lights up Hekk's face and he gives a loud hoot reminiscent of a yell a sports team might make before a play. Due to the uncanny dodge (barbatrian) ability he is not caught flat-footed and takes a poke at the pink zombie as it charges in. At least I think that is how it works. If not ignore this roll. Would he be able to enter a rage too? If so add a +2/+2 to that roll.

To hit Bardiche, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage Bardiche, power attack: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Then he gets his mad on and really gets dangerous and starts taking swipes at pink, then blues if/when pink goes down, then orange.

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

To hit bite, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Or maybe he just misses everything :) His AC is 22 due to the rage.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Branson will swing away twice at the zombie he is next to...

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) = 6 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Well Hekk! Looks like you got your wish!" Tathane springs into action and races around one of the zombies to where he can flank with Hekk.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
dagger,flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
damage,sneak: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 3, 3) = 12

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Hekk has manifested his own reality. This is the true power of psionicsology, though it also cures flat feet. You'll notice he can't be caught flat-footed."

Had to borrow your joke, Matt. I couldn't resist the pun.

951 to 1,000 of 1,120 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.