GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


901 to 950 of 1,052 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Dammit, I was going to save him, but now we need to do it the hard way!"

Branson moves back down the bank, and into the water to swing away at the beast that swallowed Harlan. "We're coming Harlan, pull out a small bladed weapon and cut your way out!"

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1) = 5 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

vulnerabilities?

Tathane reacts as quickly as he can when the water snake appears. He moves along the bank until he has clear line of site then aims his bow at the creature and fires.

shortbow@tizheruk,PBS,into melee: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 22
damage,PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
GM MattMorris wrote:

Yes, everyone made it to the far side.

Harlan squirms in the creature's grip, but the serpent maintains its grib.

[dice=Grapple (swallow whole)]1d20+17+5

In fact, the monster throws back its head and draws Harlan into its gullet!

[dice=acid to Harlan]1d6

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Leopold (air bubble)
Harlan (-2, swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-7)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk
(shield)

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Leopold
(air bubble)
Harlan (swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-7)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk (shield)

The snake should have rolled twice and taken the worse result when swallowing Harlan

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo will cast Deja Vu on the serpent, then 5' step behind Tathane.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"We're coming Harlan!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

My fault on the ill omen!
Grapple (swallow whole), ill omen: 1d20 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 5 = 37
Still got him.

Hekk just misses the serpent with his attack, and Tathane hits it with an arrow.

The creature doesn't have any weaknesses or vulnerabilities.

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Leopold (air bubble)
Harlan (swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-10)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk (shield)

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

I've got a potion of greater desperate escape but since I don't have my chronicles with me I don't know what it does (and it was a scenario specific reward so can't find it on nethys or pfsrd), but it SOUNDS like it'll help. I'll delay until I can get home tonight and look.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Do you think Harlan knows to hold his breath and not breath the nastiness in there?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

"Heck, I think either way, the faster we get him out, the better his chances at surviving."

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

sorry for delay - so that potion doesn't help, and I don't have a dagger, so I guess I'm holding my breath, taking acid dmg and hoping somebody cuts me out soon.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Leopold's magic clouds the mind of the serpent, causing it to become confused.

As it can't swallow anyone this round.

Confusion!: 1d100 ⇒ 74

It hurts itself in its confusion!
bite: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Leopold (air bubble)
Harlan (swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-21; confused)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk
(shield)

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Leopold
(air bubble)
Harlan (swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-21; confused)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk (shield)

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

Hekk decides to rage a bit, just to get a teensie bonus from his weapon. His idea of anger management.

To hit Bardiche, rage, power attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Damage Bardiche, rage, power attack: 1d10 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo will add 3 damage to Hekk's attack and cast Ill Omen again. (Affecting its next 2 rolls)

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson will continue swinging away at the beast...

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4) = 8 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane loads another arrow and shoots at the creature again.

shortbow@creature,PBS,into melee: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 14
damage,PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk takes a large chunk out of the serpent with his weapon, and Leopold makes the blow sting all the more.

Harlan remains trapped in the creature's belly, burned by its stomach acid as he holds his breath.

I forgot to roll the damage for last round, so I'll do it together.
acid: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

The creature's brain is still fogged, but it knows an enemy when it sees one. It strikes out at Hekk.
bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 or bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Leopold's magic causes the ill-fated attack to miss.

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Leopold (air bubble)
Harlan (-5, swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-45; confused)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk
(shield)

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Leopold
(air bubble)
Harlan (swallowed, monkeyfish)

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"We need to hurry and get Harlan out of there." Tathane loads another arrow and shoots at the creature again.

shortbow@creature,PBS,into melee: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 20
damage,PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

"A pity it didn't swallow me. Hekk, I would have made it pay big time... Yea, yea, I'm hurrying"

Hekk takes another poke, drops his weapon, and wades in after it figuring next time he can use his natural weapons. Though using the bardiche was fun.

To hit Bardiche, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage Bardiche, power attack: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage Bardiche, power attack: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo adds 3 damage and takes total defense.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson keeps at it...

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (1) = 4 the 1d6 is fire damage
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk's enthusiasm is too much for the creature. His bardiche carves through the beast's stomach and Harlan comes sliding out in a sluice of goo and ichor.

Out of combat!

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan, in a dignified if perhaps slightly perturbed manner, flicks his arms about to get the acid off him before reaching back into the beast's belly, searching around a bit, and pulling out his wide-brimmed hat. He thwacks it against his knee a few times and then returns it to its rightful place.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

"I'd say Harlan is the one who needs a bath. While he's doing that..."

Hekk decides to cut a serpent steak for lunch while he waits. Oh, and he takes a fin as a trophy - for reimbursement of course.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo will cast prestidigitation to help the lawman clean himself up.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson looks about, "there are no more, right? How injured is everyone?"

Without updated status lines, being the healer becomes more difficult, so please try and keep them current.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan tips his hat in thanks to Leopold.

he's 5 hp down - sorry updated, I just tend to use the combat tracker the GM is using since it's so tedious to update the status lines, but I understand your point.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

Hekk is untouched. Even his temp HP were untouched.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

I'm also ok. Will keep my line up to date. :)

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Well, that was interesting. The thing didn't scratch me. I think it was only Harlan who got hit." Tathane flips his bow over his shoulder. "I guess we keep going."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You pass up the other side of the gulch cut by the river without incident. You are again in an area surrounded by woods, but they do not grow so close to the road, or so tightly packed.

Perception:

Branson: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Harlan: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 14 + (2) = 23+2 vs. traps
Leopold: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Hekk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Tathane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Branson, Harlan, and Hekk: Get a faint odor of campfire, and possibly roasting meat on the faint breeze blowing through the forest. Off to the east, you think you hear a birdcall--which is odd, as the forest has remained very quiet up to this point.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

"Heck, that must be from the campfire I saw last night. We just have to follow our noses..."

"Huh! Weird sounding bird if you ask me. Be ready for surprises."

In spite of his suggestion, Hekk makes no preparations and starts marching along with no regard towards subtlety wherever his nose leads him.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson casts detect magic and starts scanning the forest all around.

60’ range, The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"Be ready for anything. Nothing good has come from this haunted woods yet."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson nods.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

Is the gift of will from Leo still active?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Not far off in the woods, you come across a campsite in the woods. Vagrant hunters occupy this small camp. They appear very similar to one another, with thick, webbed fingers, wide mouths, and horns that protrude from their foreheads. They stand near a simple fire surrounded by a ring of stones. A charred humanoid form roasts on a spit above the fire.

Knowledge (nature) DC 12:
The creatures are calibans, warped monstrous humanoids that are generally the result of twisted rituals or experiments. They are generally, though not exclusively, evil.

There are 6 of the creatures. They appear not to have noticed you yet, preoccupied with their coming breakfast.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

Hekk senses evil and rips off a quick shield spell.

asf 15: 1d100 ⇒ 1

But either because he is not particularly good at it, or it was too hurried, or because his vaunted armor messes it up, the spell fails.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson gestures to the others, trying to determine who is going to try talking to these creatures, and if that gets decided, he will cast enhanced diplomacy on them.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Hekk wrote:
Is the gift of will from Leo still active?

Yes. It's good until you use it or I reprepare my spells (at which point I've just been reupping it for you).

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Branson Davelock wrote:
Branson gestures to the others, trying to determine who is going to try talking to these creatures, and if that gets decided, he will cast enhanced diplomacy on them.

I've been acting as the party face. With a +14 to diplomacy and +30 to bluff, I've been bringing the good news of psionicsology to the people we meet.

Leopold whispers, "Anyone got a clue what kind of critters these little fellas might be?"

Leo will cast tongues if determine they don't speak common.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Then on you it goes, for an extra +2.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"Calibans," Tathane whispers to Leopold. "I don't know much about them except that they are generally evil. From the looks of this group, I would guess they're pretty much normal for Calibans. I hope that isn't our friend over the fire."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Well, genocide isn't the usual policy of the Society, so probably we should try talking with them, to discern their intent."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

"OK. Talk."

At least this isn't one of those stupid diplomatic missions with all that talking. In fact, I'm betting these guys don't like talking any more than me. I can only hope.

Though Hekk agrees, he already has his bardiche out and looks tensed and ready to fight.

Hekk calls out in a loud voice, "Hey YOU. What the heck are you eating there? It looks like it may be human. My friend Branson here wants to talk to you about it."

Yep, more than ready.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

I thought Leopold was the talker?

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

Oh yes, he is. But YOU were the one who said he wanted to talk, so... :)

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold will cast tongues and call out, "Yes, fellows, it's your lucky day! We're here to bring you the good news of pscionicsology. How would you like to double your income this year? Start that novel you've always wanted to write? Lose 15 pounds?

Kindly refrain from eating us and I'll explain."

Diplomacy
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The creatures look up from their campfires at the intrusion, grabbing for their weapons.

The soothing sound of Leopold's voice does seem to intrigue them, however, and they have a meal currently "in the pot," so to speak, so they do not immediately move to attack.

One of the calibans speaks, saying, "Why are you in our forest? This is our home."

From the back of the crowd, you hear one creature mutter, "I could use a little extra income. It's been a tough year, all around."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:52/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson whispers to Hekk at the sound of the thrifty creature wanting income, "well that's good news!"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 62/56 (6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will, Rage, Bane

"Mmph."

Hekk is clearly not as pleased.

901 to 950 of 1,052 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.