GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


851 to 900 of 1,122 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson moves to Tathane, "let me see that wound," he directs, as he calls upon the powers of his god...

CLW: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10 Add 50%, No AOO

15 Points of healing, more than enough.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Well thank you." Tathane turns to the others. "See? It was a good idea to bring him along. I guess you were wrong about him, Hekk." He casts a sidelong glance at Branson and winks, trying to hide a smile.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Wrong? What are you talking about?"

Hekk considers the hounds for a couple moments and finally decides on tongues.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I'm really shine in a bar fight!"

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Just imagine what a brawler you'll be once we get those thetodemons out of you!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Assuming that, once everyone is patched up, you continue on into the forest.

Travel in the afternoon is uneventful, though the forest still pushes close against the path. Were you on horses, you might need to duck to avoid brushing your heads against the many branches that overhang the path.

Along your trek, you see signs that you are still on the right track: Reasonably fresh hoof prints, some broken branches, and once a hastily-buried campfire where the elderly members of the Golden Watch must have camped or shared a hot meal.

As evening draws close, you notice that the path is descending into a shallow ravine. At the bottom runs a stream about 20 feet wide. It looks to be about 3-4 deep in the center, but it's difficult to see the bottom in the twilight gloom.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Should we make camp at the top of the ravine or chance the descent in the dark?

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"I'm fine with here at the top. Might be a bit safer."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk pouts.

"No need to delay. I do my best fighting at night."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I am certain that is lucky for the orc women."

Camp wherever.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Ah, yes, the orc women. I always did have a way with them, didn't I."

The barb totally flies by the clueless Hekk.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I'm sure."

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"We must be close, but I don't know that we can make it before sunfall. We best camp here and push through to arrive tomorrow morning."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"OK. I'll take the first watch."

If we're lucky something will attack us in the night.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk has no such luck, but during his watch he does see two large bonfires in the distance on the far side of the ravine.

The night passes without incident and morning dawns, unnaturally quiet. There is no sound of birds chirping or animals stirring in this area of the forest.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold does a quick e-meter reading for Hekk over breakfast. Tathane or Branson, want to get clear?

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”No thanks, I’m good.”

Likely going to swap up some spells for today.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Heck, I feel better already. Thanks Leo. You know, I did happen to see a fire out that away last night. Actually two of them. We should go check them out."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

OK, Gift of Will to Hekk and Mesmeric Mirror to Tathane

"Will we have to descend into the ravine to get to them or can we go around?"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The ravine cuts across the forest and extends both directions for as far as you can see. Safe to assume the river at the bottom of it goes for quite a ways.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"No problem. We just swim across. I could use a good bath anyway. Anyone got any soap?"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"It is well that you recognize the need yourself, the rest of us were too kind to have pointed it out."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Thanks Leo.

"A bath, Hekk. I didn't know you even knew what that was." Tathane pokes the half-orc with an elbow as he walks past him. His bag is slung over his shoulder. "I'm ready. Are the rest of you?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk sniffs his armpits.

"Really? I do bath twice a week when I can, and when I'm with company... Though, in the excitement I maaaaay have put it off for a bit."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson nods knowingly, ”twice a week you say? Is counting not your strong suit either?”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk frowns at the Aasimar, the prejudice finally sinking in.

"Look, buddy. I don't know if you have it in for orc breeds or what, but you need to be a bit more friendly and less insulting. We are in this together in case you haven't noticed."

Though not ready to start thumping the mouthy man quite yet, Hekk is starting to wonder if it will come to that.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson let’s loose a deep guttural laugh, as he shakes his head ”no, no, no my friend, you completely misunderstand. Nothing could be further from the truth. We have now fought side by side, risking our lives together, you are now a shipmate in my book, and as shipmates, there will be the joking, and the teasing, and the lending to, and the borrowing from. As an aasimar, I have experienced racism myself, and I find it abhorrent, so please do not take my ribaldry as such, and if it came across so, then you have my heartfelt apologies.”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekkk pauses for a moment, and then gives a hearty laugh.

"Now TEASING, teasing I can handle. Or a good practical joke even. Good to know. I will take you at your word and, heck, maybe even get in a few good ones myself!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Everyone has a good laugh, then realizes that you are still on the near side of river.

How will you cross?

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

As Hekk mentioned, he is just going to swim. Before he crosses he dumps a Buoyant balloon on the bank and says, "I now you aren't as awesome as me, Brandon, so you might need to use this."

swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

indeed he swims like a pro. His mithril breastplate practically floats.

Waiting for the shoe to drop! Or splash. Hopefully that river is just a slow moving creek with no critters waiting to eat Hekk.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"With my hat, I am naturally buoyant, no need for me, I'm a sailor after all. Anyone need to breathe water, just in case?"

I can cast air bubble if someone wants it? I am +4 to swim, and my besmara's bicorne will keep me from sinking.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan drinks his extract of monkeyfish and swims across, ready to help anyone that needs it. "Let's not daly further. Lives are on the line."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

I wouldn't mind an air bubble if you're offering. Swimming is not covered by the psicionicsology courses.

"Ah, yes. The thing about swimming is that in a past life I was a mermaid and a sailor harpooned me right through the shoulder. The injury has recurred in all my lives since then. I ah--I can't swim."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk calls out to Leo, "Since Brandon floats already, why don't you use the balloon. but wait until we've made sure the way is clear."

Before crossing, Hekk casts shield on himself.
ASW 15%: 1d100 ⇒ 20

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson will cast air bubble on Leopold before attempting to swim across...

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane steps up to the water's edge and looks at it tentatively. He watches as everyone else swims across the water with ease. "Alright," he says to himself. "It's not going to get easier if I wait." He checks to make sure his gear is properly fastened to his body then wades into the stream.

With effort he starts across the water.

Swim: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Within only a few minutes he feels the ground under his feet on the other side of the river. Stepping up on the far shore he looks back. "I guess that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Thank you, Branson. You have the makings of a good psionicsologist. I can always tell."

Leo goes for a stroll along the bottom of the river.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Branson: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Harlan: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 14 + (6) = 40+2 vs. traps
Leopold: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Hekk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Tathane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Leopold feels something slither against his leg as he crosses the stream. It feels like a wet rope, though he can't see anything in the water with him.

To Harlan, however, it's a horrifying site from the riverbank. A near-transparent creature 15 ft. long swims in the ford, attracted by the slashing of your crossing. The creature bursts out of the water as Leopold nears the center of the stream.

Initiative:

Branson: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Leopold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Hekk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Water Snake: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

~+~Combat: Surprise Round~+~
Harlan

River Serpent

Combat Map
Apologies for any discrepancy between the map and the description. This section of the adventure doesn't provide any maps, so I'm making due with whatever I can find.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"At least he shan't drown!"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson feels concerned for Leopold!

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan ease his crossbow off his back, studies the serpent, and fires.
+2 xbow attack w/ PBS and Studied combat : 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 19
dmg, PBS and Studied combat: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The serpent hisses in pain at the bolt shot, then lashes out his tongue at Harlan--it's surprisingly long!

tongue: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
grab: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

The tongue wraps around Harlan and drags him into the water.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 15:
The creature is a tizheruk. a vicious freshwater predator that wreaks havoc in the lakes and rivers it inhabits. Its scaly skin and its flesh are clear, revealing its red-and-brown organs. IT has a long tongue and tries to grab and swallow prey. It is largely an ambush preditor.
1 question at 20, 2 questions at 25, etc.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Leopold
(air bubble)
Harlan (grappled, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-7)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk (shield)

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Yikes, a tizheruk! I'm sure I don't need to warn you about it's long tongue at this point!"

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Arcana
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Tell me about their DR, if you would.

Leo will defensively cast Ill Omen, place a Bold Stare on the serpent (adds 3 dmg to the next attack) and moves to the bank (assuming difficult terrain and that the snake can't take an A-op with Harlan in its mouth.)


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

No DR to speak of. You get to the bank without incident.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"You've got this Harlan! We have faith in you."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Did everyone else make it to the far shore?

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan squirms about trying to get free.

CMB check, adding in studied and inspiration if applicable: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + (6) = 22


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Yes, everyone made it to the far side.

Harlan squirms in the creature's grip, but the serpent maintains its grib.

Grapple (swallow whole): 1d20 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 5 = 30

In fact, the monster throws back its head and draws Harlan into its gullet!

acid to Harlan: 1d6 ⇒ 2

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Leopold (air bubble)
Harlan (-2, swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-7)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk
(shield)

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Leopold
(air bubble)
Harlan (swallowed, monkeyfish)
Water Snake (-7)
Tathane
Branson
Hekk (shield)

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Heck! I guess we got to kill it now!"

Hekk throws himself into the river to save Harlan. Well, actually that is just an excuse. Hekk would have thrown himself into the river anyway just for the challenge of the fight. But, heck, a guy likes to feel like a hero sometimes. And truthfully, throwing himself into the river is a bit of an overstatement. With his bardiche he barely has to get his feet wet in order to get within reach.

He's not raging yet and he probably should have eaten his air crystals before doing it. But you will have to excuse him for getting a little excited. And, like I said, he's not totally committed to being in the river anyway :)

To hit Bardiche, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage Bardiche, power attack: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

851 to 900 of 1,122 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.