GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


751 to 800 of 1,091 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”First thing’s first.” says Branson as he pulls out his holy symbol, checks to make sure everyone is in range, and proceeds to channel some healing...

Channel Energy: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 5) + 1 = 101d6 ⇒ 4 30' radius, exclude 4, cure shaken and sickened. The extra 1d6 healing applies to anyone that doesn't need the mercies

So that was below average!

”Let’s start with the short version shall we, and go from there?

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)
Branson Davelock wrote:

”First thing’s first.” says Branson as he pulls out his holy symbol, checks to make sure everyone is in range, and proceeds to channel some healing...

[dice=Channel Energy]4d6+1;1d6 30' radius, exclude 4, cure shaken and sickened. The extra 1d6 healing applies to anyone that doesn't need the mercies

So that was below average!

”Let’s start with the short version shall we, and go from there?

Ok, so get this, the above shows up in the previous posts for my alias (have a look!), but I don't see it in the gameplay thread! First time I've ever seen the like! Those dice rolls were hideous, a total of 14 points of healing. Even so, that should heal everyone up right?

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk is fine, and here comes the short version...

"We were sent to help out some golden oldy pathfinder group having some missing person issues. Two of them are OK, they are the ones that reported the problem, and one of the two has a very cool flaming war hammer. Really cool; he let me try it. They sent us looking for the three others. We found a bunch of walking dead people in the first missing person's home but no missing person. But we figure he's dead too. We found one of them in an old folks home with dead things running amok. Bad news. He said their elven member was messing with them and plotting treachery. When we got back to report, the first two had left and went like sheep to the slaughter to meet the treacherous one so we are off to save the day."

"Oh, and the sheriff guy has had all kinds of dead people and thetodaemon issues and wants us to save the town. Gave us a handful of jobs. Looks like this druid guy was part of the problem and I'm sure he'll be happy to hear we put him down."

The story reminds him of the billiard balls he snagged from the first house and continues practicing juggling.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson nods as the tale unfolds, "Not unusual for the Society I should think. It seems half of my missions have been cleaning up the missteps of teams before mine. Do we know which role the elf in their party? Usually they are rogues or wizards, in my experience, but it never hurts to ask." As he asks that question, it occurs to him to ask the next obvious question, "for that matter, which roles do each of you carry? Obviously, I am here to handle divine tasks, although I must admit, there are other Clerics more suited to fighting undead than myself. I fear that my talents are so focused on healing that I cannot channel the power of my god to injure multiple undead at a time, and it seems that there may be some such involved here."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"It's your loss, but I guess I get to have all the fun. We could spar if you want to get involved with the fun stuff some day."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”Sparring sounds fun, but what if you lose in front of your friends here? Better to leave them guessing than to remove all doubt in their minds, right?”

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

I am here to free people from the shackles of inhibition, the scourge of thetodemons, and the tyranny of psychiatry. I do this by any means necessary Leopold adds, brandishing the magical sword--though it doesn't look like he can swing it with any great force.

Leopold is a mesmerist. He functions as the party face and in combat as a controller/support.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson nods, "that sounds like quite a lot of responsibility!"

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

As the representative of a god you must know something of carrying a burden for your fellow beings.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"A burden I gladly carry. Keeping Pathfinders alive is my calling."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will
Branson Davelock wrote:
”Sparring sounds fun, but what if you lose in front of your friends here? Better to leave them guessing than to remove all doubt in their minds, right?”

"Bah. How do you think I got as great as I am! by losing to those better than me. Now I do most the thumping."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson puts his food down, stands up, and starts stretching. "Were there any particular rules you wanted observed? Besides the obvious one that I'll heal us back up once we're done that is."

Branson keeps his eyes on Hekk to ensure he doesn't get sucker punched to start this fight...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Heck brightens considerably. Your sense motive shows only a simple minded child like glee at the prospect of fighting for fun.

"Well, first off we should grab some sparing weapons. I've spared with real blades before and accidents happen. Hmmm... How about this."

Hekk starts ripping apart a chair and hands Branson a makeshift club and takes one himself.

"How the idea is to try to make the other person hurt enough to yelp or something."

With no weapon focuses or anything like that it should be a straight up BAB+STR competition. This is for fun, so Hekk won't rage or grow claws or bite. Unless Branson starts bringing out some tricks. Then Hekk might respond in like kind, but not in anger or anything. Do we want to make rolls or just skip to the summary.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Sorry for the slow posting, RL interference.

A total of 14 hp healing? That heals me completely.

Tathane leans back against the wall and listens to his friends interacting with the new coming. He smiles at the lighthearted banter. After facing some evil like they just did, sometimes it is good to just relax.

At the mention of sparring Tathane starts to clap and laugh. "Ah yes! This will be interesting. Are you sure Hekk? You sure you want us to see you defeated so easily?"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson laughs, ”have you ever fought with a chair leg before? I certainly haven’t. Wouldn’t it be more normal to do it with fisticuffs, rather than some improvised weapon like that? Don’t orcs have some code of ‘tooth and claw’ for settling your differences?”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk looks down at his improvised weapon and back at Branson.

"Well it tends to even the playing field. But if you would prefer to go with a fistfight, I guess that's OK. Are you a monk or something? Cause if you are a monk this is not going to be a fair fight."

He looks at the man for signs of monkiness.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Monks do not typically wear armor and shield nor have the ability to channel the powers of their deity, correct? No vows of abstinence, no living in one of those monkasterites."

Branson lays aside his shield, sets his bicorn hat atop the shield, peels off his gloves and deposits them in the hat. He steps away from the fire to an open area and holds up his fists John L. Sullivan style and readies for Hekk. "Shall we dance?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

I’ll try to check back frequently today.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Before this mock fight got under way in earrnest, Harlan would have responded to Branson's question about roles.

Branson asks as Harlan is cleaning and oiling his large crossbow. He pauses, makes eye contact with Branson and holds it up a bit, as if to emphasize the weapon.

"I also have a pretty good eye for detail and know a thing or two 'bout the world."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Well... No, not usually. You never know though. Lots of folks prefer using their fists in a fight and get real good at it. But what the heck, I'll learn something even if I lose. Let's do it!.

Hekk drops the wood and lifts his fists in a claw form without thinking and rushes in.

+6/1d3+8 fist [crit 20/x2; S) (+4[BAB] +4[str] -2[pwa]/1d4 +4[str] +4[pwa])

init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d3 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11, non-lethal
I assume you are not using your shield, right?

and smacks the armor. The power of the blow is evident though.

"What the heck do you got on under there?"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson responds, ”a breastplate, like I said, I wear armor, I’m not a monk.”

Branson lashes out with his fist...

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal

And also misses.

Without my shield, I should be AC 20.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Round 2

I’ll go ahead and throw this on here. When Hekk next attacks, Branson will take an AOO.

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Fist Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 nonlethal

That should hit.

As Branson’s fist strikes Hekk’s jaw, his lip splits open, and blood begins to flow.

1d4 bleed damage per round. Lethal, unfortunately, but that just makes healing up easier.

Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Branson offers, ”my apologies friend Pathfinder, I promise to fix you up when we’re done.”

Branson’s attack

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 Miss
Fist Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Hey! That was not a normal punch! Looks like the gloves come off!"

Hekk enters a rage and starts attacking in earnest. He starts growing claws and also tries to take a bite out of Branson.

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit bite, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Hekk damage: -1 non lethal, -3 lethal
Branson damage: -12 lethal

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Soooo, you wouldn’t have been hit with the bleed damage until my first hit, so that wouldn’t have happened until your first attack in round 2 when my AOO would connect. You would rage up and such in round 3. As for, “not a normal punch,” haha, yes, well there’s nothing Branson can do about that, he’s just a stud that way. There’s nothing magical about it, however, it is just a normal punch from Branson.

For the sake of moving this along, shall we say that in round 2 you swung and missed, my attacks happened as above, and then your round 3 attacks were as given? You’d take more bleed damage in round 3, I’ll roll that in a second, and then we’ll pick this up with my round 3 actions...

Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 3 lethal

With Hekk’s having become enraged, grown claws and taken the fight much more seriously than intended, Branson interjects, ”easy there big fellow, perhaps this joke has gone further than intended. Ironically, my gloves came off before we started fighting, as that definitely would have been unfair. You have my apologies, and my blessings.”

Branson will 5’ away from Hekk towards his pile of gear, and proceed to channel...

Channel Energy: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 2, 5) + 1 = 141d6 ⇒ 5 30' radius, exclude 4, cure shaken and sickened. The extra 1d6 healing applies to anyone that doesn't need the mercies

...which should completely heal both combatants. ”Now then, shall we call this a draw, and get back to discussing tomorrow?”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Yea, Hekk would not have ramped up until the damage turned lethal. At that point he would have started smelling monk.

Hekk lets the rage die and slumps a bit. He feels his lip after the channel and smiles.

"OK. No problem. That's fine. I like fighting and it was fun..."

Indeed Hekk does not look the least bit put out.

"I guess I can look a little scary when I get my rage on. But don't worry, I got it under control. I'm not a berserker or anything. What I don't get is how you can make me bleed so much with those soft hands of yours. Geeez. I get to grow some big ol' claws and there's not nearly so much bleeding."

After a pause he adds.

"Say, does that mean you will be joining me up front?"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson nods at the questions, "Lord Korada teaches us each to perfect our martial skills, while at the same time bringing relief to the masses. I have learned to inflict damage with my fists beyond what most can do. Should duty call me to fight besides you, I should be honored to do so."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

After an excellent sparring match, the party settles in for the night. The presence of the undead horror evidently kept the area free of other predators and the night passes very quietly.

Next Day
Waking refreshed, you make your way deeper into the forest. After traveling for about 5 miles, you come to a fork in the road. One path leads northwest and one leads northeast.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold does some e-meter readings with the party, giving Hekk the Gift of Will. It's Tathane's turn for Mesmeric Mirror, but Leopold would offer Branson the chance to 'get clear' if he's willing.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”I am quite sure that I don’t understand what you are offering.”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Me either, but it works."

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan chews his lip while staring at the fork in the road, and then searches in the road for any tracks that might indicate the road more traveled.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (4) = 16

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Without much 'real' thought Hekk heads right, being right handed, and figuring if he is right handed the right way would be the right way.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Branson Davelock wrote:
”I am quite sure that I don’t understand what you are offering.”

"What I am offering you, sir, is an opportunity to unlock your true potential! Improve your memory, say goodbye to aches and pains, strengthen your faith, live to be a thousand years old!"

Leopold takes a strange clockwork device and continues, "I just need to do a quick e-meter reading to get your thetodemon count and ask you a few simple questions. Then we'll get you on the road to going clear."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”I, ummm, I, well, now please don’t take offense, and I mean that, but I think I’m good as is.”

Dude (dudette?) if you’re trying to roleplay a Scientologist, then you are killing it! Awesome stuff!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Harlan is able to tell, even with Hekk stepping through them, that a pair of horses passed down the right-hand track sometime in the last several days.

Admiral Bibbard has many talents!

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Branson Davelock wrote:

”I, ummm, I, well, now please don’t take offense, and I mean that, but I think I’m good as is.”

Dude (dudette?) if you’re trying to roleplay a Scientologist, then you are killing it! Awesome stuff!

Leopold H Bibbard is the preeminent scholar, mystic, science-fiction author, war hero, and hamburg shop franchisee responsible for Psionicsology--the world's pre-eminent self-help movement as articulated in his best-selling book, Diatribics.

Sounds like Mesmeric Mirror for Tathane, after all. Branson, if you want a turn with the cans you need only ask.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane thanks Leopold for the mirror. "So, this extra reflection of me will just automatically appear when I'm attacked?"

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

As long as I am not asleep or otherwise incapacitated, it will appear. Until you complete for my B level courses--which I'm having a sale on!--you'll need me to activate your moment of clarity.

You can choose when you want it to activate. If it's a minor attack you can choose to wait for when you're facing a big hitter.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

”Thank you. I will keep that in mind.”


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

As you travel along the right-hand fork, the forest closes in around you once more. Even as you draw farther from the territory of the undead monster whose lair you slept in, the woods remain eerily quiet, and you can hear every one of your companions' footsteps crunching along the roadway.

The relative quiet of your travel is broken by the sound of snapping branches from the east side of the trail. Just as you notice the sound, a smell of wood-fire reaches your noses. A large elk is making its way through the forest. The creature is unusual, however. Sparks fall from its hooves into the underbrush, and small fires make a trail behind it into the forest. Smoke drips from its nostrils and its eyes are red as embers.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 16:
The creature is a magical beast called a Delgath. Delgeths are a unique breed of ungulate native to magical forests and places where the line between the natural and the supernatural is blurred. A delgeth’s soaring core body temperature manifests in the elk-like creature’s flaming hooves and smoldering antlers, both of which the beast uses to defend itself. A delgeth also employs its flames to mark its territory during mating season, stamping out boundaries of scorched grass in intricate patterns to indicate its location to others of its kind.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

”I’ve never seen such a thing, have any of you?”

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

kn arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Give me special attacks and special defenses.

"Yea, I know. Called a Delgath." Hekk says with embarrassment but does not elaborate.

"I always was curios about that stuff. The monsters are waaay cool. My advice to you all is to stay away from learning about those things. You never know what will happen if you do!" Hekk looks positively pissed off.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk:

Fight with Fire (Su) A delgeth can strike at the ground with its flaming hooves as a swift action, causing blazing sparks to appear in any square within 30 feet. A creature in that square must succeed at a DC 16 Reflex save or catch fire. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Flight of Flames (Su) A delgeth can use its smoldering hooves to ignite the ground and brush when it runs or withdraws, creating a blazing trail of fire behind it. The fire fills every square the delgeth moves through during its Run or withdraw action. When the fire appears and on each of the delgeth’s turns, the flames deal 2d6 points of fire damage to each creature in one of the fire-filled squares and 2d4 points of fire damage to each creature within 5 feet of such a square but not inside one. The flames burn out after 3 rounds, but can be extinguished before then by any means that would extinguish normal nonmagical fires of their size. The flames can ignite flammable debris in the squares the delgeth moved through, but in normal forest conditions they rarely spread far beyond there.

Immune: fire

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Kn(arcana): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + (6) = 21 Are they intelligent? An ecology info that could help us avoid a fight?

"It might be mating season, perhaps we can give it a wide berth."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 immunities and vulnerabilities?

At the appearance of the Delgath, Tathane steps briskly to the side. "Harlan, that makes sense. If we leave it alone then maybe it will leave us alone."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Ecology
Delgeths are a unique breed of ungulate native to magical forests and places where the line between the natural and the supernatural is blurred. A delgeth’s soaring core body temperature manifests in the elk-like creature’s flaming hooves and smoldering antlers, both of which the beast uses to defend itself. A delgeth also employs its flames to mark its territory during mating season, stamping out boundaries of scorched grass in intricate patterns to indicate its location to others of its kind.

Delgeths are unpredictable creatures, and are equally as likely to Run from predators as they are to stand their ground and face off against aggressors. Either way, a delgeth is sure to leave a fiery reminder of its passing, as the beast’s flaming hooves blaze a telltale trail through the brush.

Tribal cultures and scholars of the supernatural alike hold the majestic delgeth in awe. Though delgeths have innate connections to flame, they live in balance with the natural world in the wooded territories where they roam. They refrain from allowing their flames to run uncontrolled in the environment, instead allowing natural fires to periodically purge the forest of excess deadwood.

A typical delgeth stands 4 feet tall at the shoulder and weighs 200 pounds.

They are immune to fire and don't have any particular vulnerabilities.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"I guess. It's not like I'm not up for a fight, but the thing looks so... I don't know, not innocent but, you know, just out there doing its own thing. I don't just go around killing animals for fun even cool ones like that. So, heck yea, let's just back off and give it some room and see if it will leave us alone."

Note: Hekk has NOT related what he has learned about the beast and no one asked.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"So it hasn't made any particularly aggressive actions yet, and it's not got a bunch of maidens held hostage needing rescued, so what's the plan?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Well, since he is off to the east, why don't we just veer a little west and then meet back with the trail in a few minutes?"

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Hekk, I didn't know you were such a softy. Yeah, that idea sounds fine to me." Tathane keeps a wary eye on the Delgeth in order to stay out of its way.

751 to 800 of 1,091 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.