GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


701 to 750 of 1,120 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Hopefully none of you are reading Tathane's spoiler. :-) I'll post my reactions in a spoiler. Ask the GM if you see or hear anything from down below the treehouse.

GM:

Tathane flinches with the mental assault. "Hey!" he blurts out at the guy. His attitude towards the old man turns decidedly less friendly. "Uh, really? My trying to fool you? Why don't you tell me what's really going on?"

Tathane surreptitiously reaches for something on his belt. The first thing he finds is the leather pouch of lock picking tools he had tucked into his belt after the last time he used them. With deft and concealed movements he frees the small bag and tosses it through the hole in the tree house floor where the ladder enters.

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 Trying to toss the bag down with the man seeing.


Not me. I have no idea what is going on up there, but I can't guarantee Hekk is going to wait for much longer.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Tathane:
The old man's form seems to shimmer and shift. Instead of a stooped human, he appears to be a hunched, bat-winged horror, its glowing eyes and long tongue presenting a hideous figure.

Initiative
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The creature opens its gross mouth and tries to take a chunk out of you!
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 for b/s/p: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Misses due to uncanny dodge!

Your action.

Those of you at the base of the tree see a small object drop out of the branches: It's Tathane's thieves' tools!

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Huh? why would he do that? I'm going up."

And up he goes too, after picking up the tools and pocketing them.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

GM:

"Hey! What's going on!" Tathane shouts as the man's image transforms into an ugly beast. He backpedals and dives through the trapdoor in the floor.

Using an Acrobatics to avoid the AoO and to dive through the hole in the floor. I'm assuming another Acrobatics to avoid, or reduce falling damage. So I'll roll twice. The people outside the treehouse will see me fall through the hole down to the ground.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Acrobatics to avoid falling damage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Sorry for my pokey pace with posts. School just started, so I've been swamped. Should have a little better pace starting tomorrow!

Tathane:
You try to dodge out of the creature's reach, but it lashes out at you with a claw.
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for s/p: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
As the claw tears into you, you feel your body stiffening, but you manage to shake it off. It's enough to distract you, however, and you tumble down the trunk of the tree.
falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

With a thunk, Tathane lands at the feet of the remaining members of the group. Clearly, something is amiss.

Let's say that you can target the creature up in the tree, but it hsa cover from the branches.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Tathane (-14, prone)
Red
Hekk
Harlan
Leopold

Combat Map

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold will cast Ill Omen on the 'old man'. If I don't have line of effect to him from where I am, please move somewhere sensible?

I'll be back from China this Sunday. Can't interact with Google docs until then :/

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"What? Dang! What the heck?!"

What kind of knowledge roll to identify the creature? How far up is it? How far up is it to the treehouse and how far up did Hekk get when he started climbing? Is Tathane dead (not that Hekk would be able to tell)?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Tathane is visibly alive. Knowledge (religion) for this guy, when you get a clear look at him. Make a Climb check to see how far you got!

Leopold, consider him ill omen-ed.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 -? for having a spear in one hand.

No knowledge religion here.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan hefts his crossbow and takes aim, studying the creature if he can.

+2 xbow attack w/ Studied combat: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27 minus whatever cover bonus he has;

dmg w/ Studied combat: 1d10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14

How did I misjudge this situation?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk, you need two hands to Climb. If you put your spear away, you would make it up 5 feet.

Harlan, you study the creature and hit it with a crossbow bolt, though not all of your damage goes through.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Tathane (-14, prone)
Red (-4)(ill omen)
Hekk
Harlan
Leopold

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Tathane
(-14, prone)
Red (-4)(ill omen)
Hekk
Harlan
Leopold

Combat Map

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

I guess then that hekk stows the spear and climbs up 5', but when Tathane drops, Hekk jumps down and moves to the side to get out of AoE range, preferring to do battle on the ground.

Move action, draw spear, brace the spear.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane shakes his head and gets to his feet. "Oof! That didn't turn out well." He points up at the tree house with one hand while dusting off his pants with the other. "I don't know what that thing up there is but it's not an old man."

He pulls out his bow and prepares an arrow.

Move action to stand. Move action to wield bow.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The "old man" swoops out of the treetop on bat-like wings. It's jaw distends unnaturally as it moves to take a bite out of Harlan, hissing in pain at the bolt stuck in his shoulder.

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
bite (ill omen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Tathane (-14)
Red (-4)(ill omen)
Hekk
Harlan
Leopold

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Tathane
(-14)
Red (-4)(ill omen)
Hekk
Harlan
Leopold

Combat Map

Knowledge (religion) DC 16:
The creature is a berbalang--an undead creature that likes to dwell on the outskirts of civilization and lure lone travelers to their doom. It has DR 10/good or silver. If you exceed the DC by at least 5, feel free to ask more questions.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Knowing that Leo will know the answer, Hekk cries out, "Leo, what IS that thing? Why don't druids ever shape shift into cute little kitties?"

It's better this way, cause now I get to do THIS!

Hekk scootches over and take a poke at the thing with his spear (well, bardiche, but he still thinks of it as his spear).

To hit Bardiche, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage Bardiche, power attack: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

In spite of his optimistic thoughts, Hekk's aim is a bit off.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane backpedals away from the creature and then lets loose an arrow.

5 foot step then shoot bow

shortbow@creator,into melee,PBS: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 22
dmg,PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Kn(religion): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 12 + (3) = 29 weaknesses? worst save?

Harlan shifts backwards, switches to a silver bolt cartridge and fires:

+2 xbow attack w/ silver bolt, PBS and Studied combat: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 14
dmg w/ silver bolt PBS and Studied combat: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

This, my dear friend Hekk, is what you turn into when you've been seeing a psychiatrist for too long. It's a shame, but a few auditing sessions might have saved his life!"

Bluff
1d20 + 30 ⇒ (19) + 30 = 49

Leopold puts a Bold Stare on the therapy patient (+3 damage to the next successful hit) and casts Suggestion.

Your tactics are not working. You ought to land and fight Hekk face to face!

DC 18 Will save at -2 or if he's undead, with no penalty and with a 50% chance of ignoring the spell rolled once per round

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk nods in apparent understanding and snarls his approval when he suggests standing and fighting.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk and Harlan's attacks go wide, and though Tathane hits, his arrow fails to damage the creature.

Harlan: No weaknesses to speak of. Fortitude and Reflex are tied for worst save, though it has the unusual undead immunities.

Stare, Ill Omen, Undead
Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

The creature shrugs off Leopold's magic, then swoops toward Hekk to attempt a bite.

bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 for b/s/p: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Hekk, when it hits you, you feel your joins stiffen with necromantic energy. Fortitude Save (DC 18. On failure, paralyzed for rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4)

fly (hover): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Tathane (-14)
Red (-4)
Hekk(-4)Fort Save
Harlan
Leopold

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Tathane
(-14)
Red (-4)
Hekk(-4)
Harlan
Leopold

Combat Map

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The bite just annoys Hekk. *whew* Maybe he DOESN'T want to be attacked by the nasty thing! Being paralyzed is no fun at all.

Hekk flies into his usual controlled rage and tries to do some damage
To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

To hit bite, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan shifts again, grits his teeth and refocuses his energy into hitting the undead.

+2 xbow attack w/ PBS and Studied combat #1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 28
dmg #1 w/ silver bolt, PBS and Studied combat: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

+2 xbow attack w/ PBS and Studied combat #2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 25
dmg #2 w/ silver bolt,PBS and Studied combat: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

What is the terrain like? If Hekk can take a 5' step he will move into a flank with Leo before dropping his spear (forgot to mention that) and attacking. I just figured with all that shrubbery shown on the map that it was difficult, but when Harlan said he shifts, well, maybe its not difficult.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Terrain is normal. There's a little clearing around the tree.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane watches his arrow fly true but sees that the creature completely ignores the damage. "Well, I'm not going to be any help with the bow. But maybe I can help you Hekk." Tathane drops the bow and moves into a position flanking with Hekk. He draws his dagger then slashes at the creature.

dagger@creature,flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

I moved Hekk into that flank with Leo.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold draws a dagger to make the flank meaningful and defensively casts Ill Omen. Will add 3 dmg to the next attack.

Matt, if he is mindless there is a 50% chance that Ill Omen doesn't work each round.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Harlan scores two hits against the creature, though no one else is able to make contact. The bolts seem to pop and sizzle as they sink far into the creature's flesh. Adding the damage from last round's painful stare, that's an even -30.

The creature shrieks in pain and turns its attention to the investigator, flying over in his direction.
This will provoke from Tathane, Leopold, and Hekk.

bite (Harlan): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 for b/s/p: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
ill omen? (50+ is good for me): 1d100 ⇒ 54
No ill omen this turn.

Harlan: Fortitude Save, please. (DC 18. On failure, paralyzed for rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4)

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Tathane (-14)
Red (-34, ill omen)
Hekk(-4)
Harlan (-4) (Fort Save)
Leopold

Combat Map

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Fort save with inspiration: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 6 + (4) = 29

Then Harlan will step back and drink an extract of shield.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leo takes total defense

AoO not worth rolling.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Maintaining a rage, Hekk follows after the beast and attacks,

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

To hit claw, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

To hit bite, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk does some damage to the beast, despite its resilient hide, with Leopold boosting the attack.

~+~Combat Round 5~+~
Tathane
(-14)
Red (-44, ill omen)
Hekk(-4)
Harlan (-4)
Leopold

Combat Map

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

I'll start with my AoO

Tathane strikes out as the creature turns away. With its back to him momentarily he aims a quick jab at it.

dagger@creature,flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
damage,sneak: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (5, 2, 3) = 13

The creature's fly by doesn't take it far and Tathane is able to step around it again and put himself in a flanking position. He swipes again with the dagger.

dagger@creature,flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
damage,sneak: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + (1, 6, 6) = 14


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The creature moves up and strikes out at Harlan again, seemingly intent at shutting down the most dangerous foe.

ill omen (+50 good for me): 1d100 ⇒ 8

Ill Omen
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
bite (ill omen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
claw 1 (ill omen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
claw 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

With the magic of his extracts protecting him, the investigator manages to avoid all of the blows.

~+~Combat Round 5~+~
Tathane (-14)
Red (-47)
Hekk(-4)
Harlan (-4)
Leopold

~+~Combat Round 6~+~
Tathane

Combat Map

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk also follows along, joyful in his rage, and lashes out three more times to lethal affect...

To hit claw, power attack, rage, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
crit damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

To hit claw, power attack, rage, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
Damage claw, power attack, rage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

To hit bite, power attack, rage, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
Damage bite, power attack, rage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
crit damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Yikes. Nasty bite there.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

If Red survives Hekk's attack, I'll cast ill omen on him again (defensively).


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hekk tears the creature to pieces, and a calm falls on the forest.

That's one monster that won't be bothering travelers around here any more! The governor would surely be glad to see a trophy of you victory.

As you recover, a tall aasimar strides out of the forest, joining you in the clearing.

A Branson appears!

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Poof!

"Greetings warriors, I don't suppose you have seen a group of Pathfinders around?"

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

I don't know about Pathfinders per se, but we are seekers after truth. What tidings do you bring?

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"Korada himself only knows. I follow his path, and he takes me where he will. I can only assume he has brought me here for a purpose, one worthy of my particular gifts." Branson looks at the assembled group, "Some of you are injured I see. May I offer proof of my bonafides by healing your maladies?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

As usual when Leo starts talking about the sword (in other thread), Hekk has a confounded look on his face. soooo may words that make no sense. He did get the part about him carrying it though.

"Say, it's time to rest and we have a nice house up there. What do you all say we camp in comfort?"

Indeed, Hekk starts climbing up. He is still slightly wounded but its just a flesh wound and he doesn't care. Won't even make a decent scar.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

sorry, what time of day is it?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Evening. You ran into this guy just before you were going to camp, I believe.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"We could all use a good night's sleep. Let's eat and we can fill Branson in on the strangeness afoot around a fire."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

...Strangeness and the shining rightness of Psionicsology. Compatible with all the major religions!

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

"I would be most appreciative of a good meal, and you can bring me up to speed on what we're up against, so I can appropriately prepare myself with Korada's help."

In short, tell me the mission and the threats, so I can pick spells for tomorrow.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

At first Tathane is hesitant to climb up into the treehouse again but, since the monster that was living there is dead, he reconsiders. "Do you think we'll all fit up there? It will be nice to have a roof overhead."

He nods at the newcomer then steps forward to introduce himself. "I'm Tathane. Nice to meet you."

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 8 AC: 24; Init: +1; CMB: +6 CMD: 18; F:+8 R:+4 W:+11; HP:50/52; Perception +18; (60’ Darkvision)

Branson places his left hand over his heart as he responds, "Branson Davelock at your service. Pathfinder, Healer, and Priest of the Open Hand of Harmony."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"I'm Hekk. I'm the muscle here and love a good fight. Do you want the long version of the situation or the short version. if you want the long version ask Leo. if you want the short version ask me. something in the middle, ask one of the others."

701 to 750 of 1,120 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.