GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


601 to 650 of 1,094 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun
Tathane Halfbarrel wrote:

GM, any knowledge results?

Sorry, yes!

Harlan:
DR 5/good or silver; Immune acid, cold, death effects, disease, poison; Resist electricity 10, fire 10; SR 14

Tathane:
Poisonous Tears (Su) A lacridaemon’s tears are poisonous to other creatures. As a swift action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a lacridaemon can coat both of its claws with its tears, giving its next attack the possibility of poisoning its victim. In order to use this ability, a lacridaemon must attack with its claws on the same round it applies its tears; after that time, the tears lose their potency. A lacridaemon’s bite attack is always treated as having its poisonous tears applied to it. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Lacridaemon Poison: Bite—injury; save Fortitude DC 14; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1 Wis damage plus staggered for 1 round; cure 2 consecutive saves.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas charges forward to the being and during the move draws his Scimitar!

"Stop mistreating us!!" Aryas shouts and attacks to deal non-lethal damage!

Blade of mercy trait allows non-lethal damage without -4 to hit and +1 to damage.

+1 Scimitar , charge: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 = 18
Damage, non-lethal +1: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8

If this was a hit then using Enforcer feat to demoralize with intimidating as a free action!

Intimidate as free action vs. DC 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

I can only implant 2 tricks at a time. Hekk already had 1, so there's one up for grabs between Tathane and Aryas. I'd propose taking turns with them if that's alright.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will
Aryas Katsu wrote:
Blade of mercy trait allows non-lethal damage without -4 to hit and +1 to damage.

I recommend getting the cruel enchantment on that blade.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun
Hekk wrote:
Aryas Katsu wrote:
Blade of mercy trait allows non-lethal damage without -4 to hit and +1 to damage.
I recommend getting the cruel enchantment on that blade.

Unfortunately, I don't think Clarity would be into that.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

[b]"Watch yourselves. They are some hardy fiends - silver if you have it, or a holy blade. Acid and cold will do naught, and they will likely shrug off electrcity and fire as well. Spells also might bounce off them."/b]

DR 5/good or silver; Immune acid, cold, death effects, disease, poison; Resist electricity 10, fire 10; SR 14

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Since blue's turn won't likely impact Harlan . . .

Harlan takes aim at the daemon in front of him after loading a cartridge of silver bolts into his crossbow.

xbow attack w/ silver bolts: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Aryas swings Clarity at the creature, and the blade seems to sing in his mind as he hits.
Holy Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

The gaunt creature strikes back at Aryas!

Shaken
bite: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11 for p/b/s: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 and cold: 1d4 ⇒ 2
claw 1: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4 for p/b/s: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 and cold: 1d4 ⇒ 4
claw 1: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5 for p/b/s: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 and cold: 1d4 ⇒ 4

But, it's not very effective.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Aryas
Tathane (delay)
Blue (-15)
Harlan
Leopold
Red
Hekk

Battle Map

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Whatever you do, don't let those things claw or bite you. They are poisonous." Tathane takes his bow from his shoulder while moving a little bit closer then fires an arrow.

shortbow@red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Not going to hurt it.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold moves up toward Blue, puts painful stair on him and casts Ill Omen.

SR Check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Will add 3 damage to the next attack against Blue


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The other creature charges at the halfling.

Charging
bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 for s/p: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 plus cold: 1d4 ⇒ 4

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Aryas
Tathane (-6)
Blue (-15)
Harlan
Leopold
Red
Hekk

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Aryas
Tathane
Fortitude Save (-6)
Blue (-15)
Harlan
Leopold
Red
Hekk

Battle Map

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Did harlan miss red?

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas feels Clarity and swings again!

Dealing lethal damage now.

+1 holy Scimitar Clarity : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage, lethal: 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (2, 5) = 18


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

My bad! Harlan did hit.

Clarity goes through the daemon like a hot knife through rancid butter; enhanced by Leopold's stare, it's enough to slay the creature.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Hekk

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Aryas
Tathane Fortitude Save (-6)
Blue
Harlan
Leopold

Red (-12)
Hekk

Battle Map

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Yee gods! We don't want anymore of our budding psionicsologists getting poisoned!"

Leopold moves his bold stare to Red and gives Tathane Mesmeric Mirror 1 mirror image appears the next time he is attacked. Duration 1 minute unless popped per the usual.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane tries to back away from the approaching creature but he's not fast enough.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Ata boy, Tathane! You can have the honor of meeting the beast face to face this time!"

Hekk really doesn't have a clue that Tathane might NOT be interested in melee combat, and is honestly making a sacrifice to allow him to take Hekk's own rightful place. Besides, he has wanted to give his new bow a shot in combat for a while now even though he sucks at firing into combat.

To hit bow, in combat: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 = 15
Damage bow: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Nevertheless, he won't wait for long and drops his bow and advances with his spear at the ready.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Tathane, the poison seeps into your veins. You take 1 Wisdom damage and are staggered for 1 round.

Hekk's arrow hits the creature and does some damage to it, though some of the damage is resisted.

Harlan studies his target and attacks the creature once more
Studied Combat, Point-Blank Shot, Cover
xbow attack w/ silver bolts: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 27
dmg: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

With the boost in damage from Leopold, that will be enough to down the creature.

Tathane Looking for two consecutive DC 14 Fortitude saves. (Or 6 saves total, whichever comes first.)

We are essentially out of initiative except for clearing that poison.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Well done team. Heck. Thought I was going to miss with that bow, but it worked pretty well."

"Say, you're looking a little peakish there, Tathy. Mind if I cally you Tathy?"

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Tathy? Well, I guess." Tathane is too concerned with his pounding headache to bother too much with what Hekk is saying.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

So total of 1 WIS dmg?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Yes, just the one damage.

There is no equipment on the creatures, but you could attempt to figure out where they came from.

All of your minds seem clearer now that the creatures are dead. You've stopped hearing the far-off cries of children.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

”Are you well Tathane?!“ Aryas says coming back to the group.

He then takes his old scimitar and looks at it.

”Hekk, now that I have Clarity you might find situations where a magical weapon is useful!“

Aryas hands over his magical scimitar. +1 enchantment

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Whoa! a real magic sword? I prefer Pierce or my own tooth and claws, but you have a point there. I'll just hang on to this just in case."

Hekk searches his body for a place to strap the weapon. At first he slips it under his belt but it starts to cut its way through and he carefully removes it before he loses his pants. Then he tries to rig up a wadded sheath using the courtier's outfit he got as a gift but never uses. That proves more difficult than he can handle. Finally he turns towards Aryas and asks, "Say, I don't suppose this thing came with a scabbard?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

:-D
GM, did Clarity come with a scabbard? Then Aryas can give Hekk his old scabbard.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Ha! I'm sure it did.

I was maybe a little vague about it, but you can follow the creatures' tracks into the woods with Survival, if you like.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Yeah, I think I'm ok. Just feeling a little fuzzy brained. And I have a huge headache." Tathane rubs his forehead and squints his eyes closed. "If it doesn't go away on its own, I'll probably have to find someone to do some healing on me."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

”Here you go Hekk!“ Aryas says with a smile.

-

Aryas then taps Tathane with the wand of lesser restoration that the group found.

16 charges remaining.

”You should be fine now!“

Aryas then tries to follow the tracks.

survival : 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Aryas is able to follow the tracks of the two daemons into the forest a short distance, where he finds a rudimentary camp of sorts.

Next to a pile of jewelry and mismatched survival equipment, you find two humans, unconscious but alive.

In the pile of gear:
-Variety of camping and survival equipment
-Two +1 composite shortbows (+2 Str)
-Two potions of cure moderate wounds
-A pair of rat-tread boots

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

”I hope we find the people that these items were stolen from!“ Aryas says with a sigh.

”So where to now?“

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane points to the two unconscious people. "I'm guessing it is their stuff."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"I suppose we should wake them up."

Hekk walks over to one of them and starts shaking him while yelling WAKE UP!.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Yes, let's see if we can heal them up. And if they don't want those boots, maybe I'll try them on?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas is completely surprised that there are people around him that he was completely oblivious to!

”How blind am I!? Yes, let’s help them!“ he says apologetically.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

While shaking doesn't seem very effective, any amount of magical healing will bring the people around.

When they come around, one of them questions you, "Hello? What happened? Ugh, my head. All I can remember is hearing crying children. Did we find them? Who are you?"

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

I better let Leo explain. He's much better at explaining things. I think. Come to think of it, I never understand anything he explains. I better...

Before Leo can respond Hekk jumps in and explains things in one sentence.

"Bad spooky things lured you and then knocked you out to eat you later. Say, is that stuff yours. I understand some of it is magical, like the bows!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"Oh? I think that must be someone else's. We came to the woods to investigate some disappearances. It seems like we found the cause of the disappearances--though almost to our doom!"

The rangers, once recovered, offer the magical items to you.

"We should return to the city and report the fate of those that have disappeared. It will bring peace for many within Cassomir."

Any questions for these folks before they leave?

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk rubs his hands together with glee as he examines the items. He likes his own bow better, magical or not, and sticks with it. He'll take a bow if nobody else claims it though. He definitely tries to snag one of the potions though. He would have grabbed the boots too but Leo beats him to them. That's OK with Hekk.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Do you need an escort back to the city?" Tathane considers going back with them. While they think he turns to one of the bows and tries it out. Compared to his own shortbow, these bows are stiff sticks of wood. It would take far more strength than he has to pull one of these.

I don't have the requisite +2 STR to use these bows. Can I use it anyway, just without the bonus? If so, it's probably a good idea cause then when I do get stronger, I'll have the better bow.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun
Tathane Halfbarrel wrote:

"Do you need an escort back to the city?" Tathane considers going back with them. While they think he turns to one of the bows and tries it out. Compared to his own shortbow, these bows are stiff sticks of wood. It would take far more strength than he has to pull one of these.

I don't have the requisite +2 STR to use these bows. Can I use it anyway, just without the bonus? If so, it's probably a good idea cause then when I do get stronger, I'll have the better bow.

You can still use it, you just take a -2 on attacks with it.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None
Hekk wrote:

Hekk rubs his hands together with glee as he examines the items. He likes his own bow better, magical or not, and sticks with it. He'll take a bow if nobody else claims it though. He definitely tries to snag one of the potions though. He would have grabbed the boots too but Leo beats him to them. That's OK with Hekk.

Let's roll off for them

1d20 ⇒ 17

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"My good rangers, before we send you back to town with a copy of Diatribics, can you tell us of anything you learned on your quest? What were these fiends doing here? Is their presence related to the other strange happenings?"

Matt, do these baddies count as 'fiends' for the sake of our bounty quest? Should we be collecting ears?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Yes, you should bring proof of anything you kill back to town.

"I'm afraid that we didn't get very far before we were ambushed. We heard of disappearances on both forks of the road out of town, so we planned to go north around this route, then circle around to follow the river back toward the city." The rangers look a bit sheepish.

"We'll certainly come back in larger numbers if we try to venture into the forest again. Thank you for the book. It looks like it will really help us unlock our full potential!"

You have traveled about 5 miles out of the small village where you rested. Do you want to push forward or camp? It's early afternoon.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas nods to the rangers but is hesitant to collect any evidence of the fiends they fought.

"Please be careful on the way back and inform the druids and the mayor about our rescue mission here."

He looks at his companions.

"I would continue our travel now."

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

boots: 1d20 ⇒ 3 so Leo gets to the boots first.

Hekk satisfies himself with one of the potions and a grizzly trophies from the kills.

"What do you think? Ears or the whole head? They are pretty small."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane grimaces at Hekk's question. "Hmm. I'll leave it up to you Hekk. But I'm not carrying any of those things." He nods at Aryas. [b]"I'm good with continuing on."

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Butcher's choice, Hekk!

this adventure has taken a grisly turn!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

After obtaining a trophy of your choice from the creatures, you are able to push on a bit farther into the forest.

Travel is uneventful for several miles, but as the sun nears the horizon you come into a section of the forest with littered with dead and dying trees. This pocket of the forest holds large piles of broken limbs and leaning trunks, as if a few older trees had collapsed together, perhaps felled by disease or a lightning strike.

GM Rolls:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Aryas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Harlan: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 14 + (2) = 36+2 vs. traps
Leopold: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Hekk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Tathane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Initiative:

Aryas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Leopold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Hekk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

~+~Combat Surprise Round~+~
Suddenly, Harlan shouts a warning: One of the trees is moving. He draws and readies his crossbow as a large creature that looks like a log stirs in the underbrush.

The moving log points itself at the party and unleashes a stream of acidic spittle at Hekk!
Spit!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for acid: 1d6 ⇒ 5
As the glob of acid hits him, Hekk can feel it immediately start to glue him in place. Please make a Reflex Save.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Tathane
Leopold
Harlan
Aryas

Red
Hekk Reflex Save

Knowledge (arcana) DC 15:
This is a deadfall dweller. (N Large magical beast) It is an ambush predator that likes to trap creatures and lay its eggs in them. It doesn't have any DR to speack of.
DC 20
Spoiler:
It is immune to acid and vulnerable to electricity.

DC 25
Spoiler:
Special attacks: It can spit its acid as a swift action. The acid can entrap creatures. It also has a poisonous bite that deals Dexterity damage.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas charges forward to the being and during the move draws his Scimitar!

"What is this!?!!" Aryas shouts and attacks to deal non-lethal damage!

Blade of mercy trait allows non-lethal damage without -4 to hit and +1 to damage.

+1 holy Scimitar Clarity , charge: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24
Damage, non-lethal +1: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11 if evil: + : 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

If this was a hit then using Enforcer feat to demoralize with intimidating as a free action!

Intimidate as free action vs. DC 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

reflex st: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Oops. Sticky stuff has me all stuck here. Good thing I have a bow!"

kn arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Answering Aryas he says, "That thing is called a deadfall dweller. It wants to use you to make babies. Lay a bunch of eggs in your carcase. Or mine, I guess, since it spit at me. Only I think it made a bad mistake attacking us."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane flips the bow off his back while running to get a clear shot. He nocks an arrow and lets it fly at the log creature.

shortbow@deadfall,PBS,into melee: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 8

"Hekk, I'd like to think everything that attacks us is making a mistake."

601 to 650 of 1,094 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.