GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Quests!


551 to 600 of 1,120 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane nods at Mann. "Yeah, I'm sure," he says with a slightly patronizing voice. He elbows Hekk. "I almost agree with you. But you know, the right woman at the right time... maybe it's not love but it's fun." A slightly serious look covers his face and he turns to the half-orc. "I mean, orcs do that kind of stuff, right?" He tries to hold the serious look but cracks a smile then punches the half-orc in the arm in a friendly manner.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk is about to respond to the half-pint's question when he realizes it was rhetorical, even if he doesn't know there is a word for it. He is a little bewildered by the 'friendly' punch, though. He doesn't know what to make of it and is shows on his face. He looks like he's not sure if he should punch Tathane back again as he hesitantly cocks his arm.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

”I do not know that many Orcs! But I know that there are bad people in any race. Even Kitsunes!! But I know Hekk and he would never do something like this so I assume his Orcish brothers and sisters would also not do something like this generally!? Right?“ Aryas asks innocently.

”Let us get the knife and he on our way. This man is not going to reveal more... “

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"Oh, I could tell you some tales of orcish romance. You've never known rapture until an orcish woman has made you fear for your life in the throes of passion."

"As for this woman, I'd say we have a first rate beguiler on our hands. When we do come face to face with her, Aryas, I don't want any swooning."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas nods ... hesitantly.

:-)

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Uh."

Hekk is not sure the others are ready for the truth about 'Orcish romance', and decides to keep his opinions and facts to himself. Aryas, in particular, has him confused. He is not at all sure what the heck he's saying his orc 'friends' will and won't do, but is fairly sure he has it all wrong. Leo has it about right, but, as usual, he's not sure the fellow is using the right words and would rather not try to find out.

"Yea, no swooning. Can we go now?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

With a raised eyebrow Aryas nods ...

:-)


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

LOL. You guys slay me. :)

One way or another, with all of the requests from townsfolk the group has a full dance card. The mayor gives you a rough map of the Verduran Forest and bids you good luck. Eager to help the beleaguered people of Cassomir, and their elderly co-adventurers, the group sets out post haste on the horses provided by the mayor.

Feel free to buy anything needful on the way out of town.

Aryas:
As you ride out of the gates of town toward certain danger, you get a reassuring feeling of warm from the sword you carry. You're definitely doing the right thing! (At least, according to the blade.)

As you ride toward the Verduran Forest, you reflect on what you know of the area.

Knowledge (history) DC 15:
Taldor honors the Treaty of the Wildwood, a pact made with a cabal of druids to protect the forest from excessive logging and hunting, so the wood is wilder than most travelers expect.
DC 20
Spoiler:
The Verduran was actively explored by Taldor’s First Army of Exploration more than 4,500 years ago. Many soldiers were lost to exposure, and still others deserted. It’s said that the souls of those who died alone in the forest are covetous of the living. They appear from time to time to abduct travelers, who are never seen again.

Knowledge (local) DC 10:
The old wood is as haunted and tragic as Cassomir itself. Scores of loggers, merchants, river pirates, poachers, rangers, bandits, and explorers have disappeared there in the last few years alone.

Knowledge (nature) DC 10:
In the last year or so, an increasing number of people have gone missing in the Verduran. Some are young explorers or recent travelers who don’t know the history of the wood. However, a large number of them were also seasoned guides, loggers, and traders. Families all over are still waiting for their loved ones to return.
DC 13
Spoiler:
The frequency of forest fires throughout the Verduran Forest is on the rise. The burns appear to be small and controlled, but occur too often to be accidents or natural events.

Knowledge (religion) DC 15:
The forest is rumored to be home to fiends, strange cultists, and the hungry dead. Though there are no concrete details regarding these cults or undead, rumors abound of malevolent priests who betrayed their faith in life and of charming old men who turn into giant bats and chase their prey through the night.

Some of you may also have heard rumors about Tristeza House, the place where the alchemist has lured his former companions.

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
There are a few old manor houses in the woods, where wealthy pioneers enjoyed their privacy while keeping close to Cassomir and the river. Tristeza House is one of the oldest such estates. Also, you know the house's approximate location in the woods. (I'll update the Map.)
DC 18
Spoiler:
Old houses in the woods are often said to be haunted, overrun with demons, or occupied by brigands, but it’s an established fact that the last occupants of Tristeza House murdered one another decades ago. Rumor had it they were both unfaithful and looking for a way to escape their loveless union, a circumstance that gave the estate its nickname: Bitter Manor. Now no one wants the place, no matter how big the land or house is.

DC 20
Spoiler:
An anonymous benefactor has stepped in several times in the recent past to pay for burials of Cassomir’s citizens. This usually happens in cases where tragedy has caused a split between victims and their families (who would normally pay for the services). The corpses were picked up and taken north, ostensibly so they could be taken to a place where burial is less expensive than in Cassomir.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You head north and east from Cassomir, into the Verduran Forest. In the woods, bright sunlight breaks through the canopy, casting warm rays here and there onto the forest floor. A light breeze fills the air with the rustling of trees, punctuated by the calls of birds and insects.

At the end of a hard day's ride through the forest, you come upon an abandoned village. These crumbling old hovels were once a frontier logging village.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

no knowledge skills. :-(

Aryas regards his moth guardian and the sword and feels blessed.

He is on the right path!

In the village...

”So this place looks quite abandoned. Do we take a look?!“

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 First one
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Second one

"I don't see any reason why not." Tathane starts to move into the town, keeping an eye out for traps.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Harlan is troubled by all these people being led to evil deeds by seduction. Part of him wants to blame the victims for their weak wills, but in the end he’s more interested in sussing out the evil behind this particular form of madness.

Kn(history): 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 9 + (1) = 24
Kn(local): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 12 + (1) = 33
Kn(nature): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + (1) = 16
Kn(religion): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 12 + (6) = 35
Kn(local re: Trieste House): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 12 + (6) = 37

"Dark dealings in these woods, from fire to more lovers' quarrels. Might encounter just about any form of trouble from brigands to fiends."

sorry that is too much to artfully condense in an RP post . . . assume as we travel I regale you with all the fascinating information above.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Wow. Just Wow. Demons and cultists and bandits and pissed off druids and body snatchers and all kinds of fun. At least I think the druids will be pissed off. I would be if I were a druid and someone was burning my forest. I don't like that talks about a haunted house though. Them haunts never fight fair from what I hear, though I've never met one myself."

Thanks to Leo's obfuscating talk, he still is not aware that what he just met was a haunt.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The buildings in the town are largely ruined. Most of the old wooden signs along the roadway have been weathered into uselessness, but a few still have visible location names carved into them. Two signs pointing toward the north road say “Bridge over Twisting Gorge” and “Serene Pool.” Another sign pointing to the west road reads “Three Cliffs Road.”

You also find a campsite in near the northern edge of town. It’s clear that the site's occupants left in a hurry, as they left behind a backpack, 10 trail rations, a masterwork bow with a broken string, and a quiver containing seven masterwork arrows and four +1 magical-beast-bane arrows.

Assuming Leopold identifies everything.

The sun is setting.

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Leopold gives everyone an editorial-free account of the magic weapon properties, but he shares a lot of Psionicsology-inflected thoughts about the goings on in this forest.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"Neat! Magic arrows."

Hekk grabs two of them, figuring he will probably not waste his time using them, but then again, they are MAGIC arrows.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"Nice. Magic arrows. And these other ones are high quality too. I'll take some of those." He twirls one in the air. "Hekk, really? You will use an arrow? I know Leopold and Harlan won't either. Aryas? You've got that crossbow. Hmm. Maybe I get all of the arrows."

Did I get that right?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You folks going to camp here? If so, what will your night watch situation be while in the forest?

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

i dont have darkvision, but im not fussy about which shift I get. i have one more mesmerist trick for the day, so i'll give Hekk the gift of will before i go to bed. i have to be awake to activate it, but it should see you through the night.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Let’s do the shifts with Leo first and Harlan last as they’re most dependent on a good night sleep. Aryas second , Hekk third and Tathane forth.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

"No objection to the arrows? Great." Tathane looks around at the bleak town, awash in the orange glow of the setting sun. "Well, this looks like a lovely place to spend the night." He drops his bag on the ground where it looks like one of the previous campers had lain. "Standard watches?"

He takes one of the trail rations from the left behind backpack and is about to eat it but pauses. "Does anyone here have the ability to see if these are poisoned?"

Aryas, the watch schedule sounds good.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk clutches the magic arrows possessively.

"Hey, just a sec. I would like to keep at least one of these. You never know and I have a really good bow now! And they are MAGIC arrows, you know. I don't have any magic weapons and sometimes you run into things your fists just go right through."

I'm good with the watches.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

I'm good with Aryas' plan - and as of tomorrow I should be back to posting more regulalrly


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The night passes without incident. Some eerie sounds reach your campsite from teh near-by woods, but nothing ventures into the abandoned town.

Which way would you like to go from here? The two roads going in the general direction you wish to go are labeled "Three Cliffs Road" and “Bridge over Twisting Gorge and Serene Pool.”

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

"The first autobiographical drama I sold to the Grand Opera of Ustalav was called 'Centurion 49 On The Twisting Bridge' so I vote we go there."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas raises an eyebrow... but then nods.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

"OK, but I don't like the sound of that serene pool."

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane wakes with the dawn. Some of the others are already stirring but keeping quiet as they putter around the camp and stoke up the small fire. This is one of Tathane's favorite parts of the day when camping out of doors. There's something peaceful and fresh about the breaking dawn when surrounded by nothing much more than nature. He stretches his arms above his head and twists his torso to work out the kinks of sleeping on the ground.

The air has a slight chill to it but he knows it will wear off soon. He rolls up his bedding and packs everything away in his backpack. Approaching the fire, he sits on a large rock and nods at the others. "It looks like everyone but Harlan is up. Did I hear you say you want to go the bridge route?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Rubbing sleep from his eyes, Harlan looks around hoping someone made some coffee.

"Leopold's reasoning is as good as any we have."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Well-rested, you decide to head out the northern path.

The journey is uneventful at first, but as you draw deeper into the Verduran forest, you notice that the whole wood seems quieter than you might expect. The road follows an established pathway between the dark expanses of trees on either sides of you, but there are few sounds of birds or russles of small animals in the underbrush.

After traveling for about 3 miles into the woods, you finally hear a sound traveling through the forest--the noise of a child weeping. It seems to be coming from somewhere west of the path you are currently following.

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas is alarmed.

”Did you hear this? A child has to be saved!“

He starts running in the direction of the noise.

Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"Hold, Aryas! Don't forget the 'children' we encountered in the rest home."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Aryas hesitantly slows down.

”But I cannot risk that it is really a child in danger! Harlan I trust your eyes more than mine ... if you take the lead I would follow right next to you!!“ he says and hopes that the group aids to search.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk is suspicious too. He's heard of unwary orcs being lured to their deaths by fey seducers, though it is usually the sound of a wounded vulnerable animal or something like that being used to lure them, not some pathetic child whimpering.

So Hekk follows, but behind the other two, willing to let them spring the trap. Hekk unlimbers his bow, thinking that this might be a situation more appropriate to long range fire.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Tathane remains cautious as well. "So far it seems that everything we've run into has been dangerous. Let's be careful. Why don't you guys wait here and I'll sneak up and see what I can see?"

Tathane makes his way slowly through the forest towards the sound.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

GM Rolls:

Tathane: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Hekk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Aryas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Harlan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Leopold: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Could everyone that is going into the forest make a Survival check to make your way through the growth toward the sound?

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

survival : 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

Survival w. grand lodge faction card boon & inspiration: 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 3 + (5) = 23

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

Survival
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"Maybe we ought to do a quick e-meter reading before running off into the underbrush."

Hekk, Gift of Will? Any other takers? I can give out 2 at once and they have no real duration.

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Hekk takes it for sure. It probably works on seducing fey just as good as it worked on them thetodemons.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Luckily, Harlan is able to lead those of you with shaky woodcraft closer to the sound of the crying. Instead of getting lost and seperated in the largely trackless forest, you quickly come to a clearing.

Instead of a lost child, however, what greets you there are two hideous humanoid creatures, each with a gray-skinned face stretched in a manic grin, even though it weeps steaming tears. Frost crusts their flesh.

Knowledge (planes) DC 13:
These are lacridaemons. NE Medium outsider (daemon, evil, extraplanar). They personify death by neglect or exposure to the elements, such as that suffered by those who become lost in the wilderness and die far from help. Feel free to ask questions about them!

The Concordance

Male C/N half-orc unchained barbarian/3 sorcerer/2 d disc/1 | HP: 56 (6/6 extra HP if rage) | AC/T/FF: 24/11/23 20/11/19 (-2 if raging) | CMB: +10 (-2 if ~raging), CMD: 19 | F:+6 , R:+2, W:+5 (+2 will if raging) | Init: +1 | Speed 40 ft | Apprs +5, H Anim +6, Intimi +8, Kn Arc +9, Kn Nat +5, Perc +9, Scraft +5, Surv +4, Swim +6, UMD +6 | Active Conditions: Shield, Gift of Will

Boy is Heck feeling smug right now.

Grand Lodge

Male LN gunslinger (bolt ace) 1/investigator (empiricist) 5 | HP 47/52 | AC 18(22w/ shield) T 13 FF 15(19w/shield) | CMB +7, CMD 18 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +14(+1d6), SM: +10(+1d6) | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/2 ; Inspiration 6/7 | Spells: 1st: 6/6; 2nd: 3/3 | Active conditions: Bane.

"Well the good news is there is no child . . ."

Kn(planes) w/ inspiration: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 12 + (3) = 26

DR, resistances & weaknesses, please; Have fun at GenCon!

Dark Archive

Human Male Mesmerist 7 | hp 45/45 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R +9, W +15 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +9, Concentration +15/+17 | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 2/2 | Tricks 6/8 | Touch Treatment 7/7 | Conditions: None

We should establish a morning buff routine. The mesmerist tricks last all day, so there's no reason I wouldn't do a few e-meter readings over breakfast (or implant a trick on the sly if you want a buff but your character wouldn't accept one for the sake of RP.) I'll assume Hekk takes Gift of Will. If anyone else wants one in the future, just let me know.

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

I don't know if I also get a question but if I do, I'm asking about special attacks

Leo, I'll take that Gift of Will too, unless someone else needs it.

Tathane stops to look at the disgusting creatures. "Wow. Things just get worse and worse."

Silver Crusade

Male LG, looks human (actually mostly human Ifrit) - usually enjoying being charming & handsome | Bard 2, Paladin 3 | HP 54/54 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +11 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +1, Dipl.: +14, SM: +14 | Bardic Performance 6/10 | Reroll 1/1 | Smite 0/1 | LoH 5/5 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Moth Familiar 27/27 HP Active conditions:

Leopold, Aryas would love a reading that suddenly creates an image of himself.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Back in action!

Initiative:

Aryas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Leopold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Hekk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Tathane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Aryas
Tathane

Blue
Harlan
Leopold
Red
Hekk

Battle Map

The Exchange

CG Male half-elf rogue 5 | HP 39/43 | AC: 19 T:15 FF:15 | F +3 R +7 W +1 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Low-light vision | Trapfinding +2

GM, any knowledge results?

551 to 600 of 1,120 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM MattMorris Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.