GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Chapter 2: Eulogy for Roslar's Coffer
Roll 20

LOOT!


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,115 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

No, you can't get all three crows in a 15' cone. The birds are also 10' in the air, I'm not sure you can get two in one. What is the height of a 15' cone?


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

Just figured it out, I moved to the square south of Damian and I can aim straight up. Since they are 10 feet up I just take the template blasting from one side of my square and blast it out the top of my square. It's 3d Tetris!

Feena realized her chance, though she wasn't sure if the spell would even effect these cursed birds, and moved quickly next to Damian. From there she chanted a spell, one she'd not used before, and when she completed it she cupped her hands much like she did when casting her cone of fire directly overhead so that the spell blasted straight up. A spray of brilliant, multicolored flames washed over to the two bird creatures and Feena could only hope they would be affected.

I cast color spray straight up from the top of my square. DC 15 Will.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sounds good to me.

Will: 2d20 ⇒ (20, 17) = 37

Feena's colorful spray slams into both crows, but unfortunately they are able to shrug off.

Lola and Marya are both up.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

Roll20 is down for the moment.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Lola mostly shakes off the crow's evil eye, and then reactivates her inspirational dance, thankful that the tree is defeated. She stands, hopeful she can swing at the witchcrows when they attack.

IC is now in effect: Inspire Courage Provides a +1 competence bonus to attack/weapon damage rolls, and a morale bonus to saves against fear. The ability, as a reminder, stacks with bless, other than the bonus to saves. Vlad didn't include it in his attack/damage with his javelin attack.

The AOOs are if the witchcrows attack someone nearby from above without acrobatics - remember it's very hard to attack without avoiding leaving Lola's threatened area (it's quite big :)).

AOOs:

Longspear AOO 1, IC, Bless, ISS (Maybe): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 22
Longspear damage, IC: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Longspear AOO 2, IC, Bless, ISS (Maybe): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 29
Longspear damage, IC: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Longspear AOO 3, IC, Bless, ISS (Maybe): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 30
Longspear damage, IC: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Longspear AOO 3 (confirm), IC, Bless, ISS (Maybe): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19
Longspear crit damage, IC: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8) + 6 + 2 = 18


Channel 5/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 6/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 38/38| F 7 R +3 W +10 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya keeps up her inspiring posing, letting her allies push forward to finish off the deadly birds.

Full round action to give +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks for one round


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

All three crows continue to cackle, even after they all simultaneously disappear and vanish from sight entirely. You know they are still there though, the sounds of their voices still filling this horrific garden.

R4: Tree, Crows, Feena, Damian, Marya R5: Lola, Coral, Vlad


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Just out of curiosity, did my 17 confirm the crit? Would be nice to know that Coral did 20 damage, even if it wasn't enough to drop a crow.

Coral stows her bow and picks up her sword. "Do we know if they heal quickly? If they do, then hit-and-run tactics would be very frustrating."

She begins looking around the tree for remains of other victims.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral - yep!

Coral finds several things of interest, all of which are lodged in the branches of the willow. A ring that resembles a unicorn impaling itself with its horn, a scroll a gem and a pouch that jingles as if it had coins in it.


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

When the frakish crows disappeared Feena felt fear but it seemed that they were content to fly around and heckle them for now. They were probably licking their wounds until they had an opportunity to come after them again when it would be most problematic. "I don't think they are done with us yet, but I think they are going to wait to attack us again later."

When Corla began searching the tree and found a few items in it she realized these probably belonged to the crow creatures. She wasn't so sure that taking them would be smart but she decided to try and identify them first.
spellcraft on ring[/b: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
spellcraft on scroll w/read magic[/b: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
spellcraft on gem[/b: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 2/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 42/48 | AC 19/13/16 | F +12, R +9, W +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | Scimitar +4 (1d6) | Longbow +8 (1d8+1) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian keeps twisting his neck as he looks up at the sky, trying to spot the witchcrows. "Are they gone? Does anyone hear anything? Should we leave while we can?"


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Coral goes to face Damian. "I don't hear them, but if I do, I will let you know.
We found some treasures of theirs in the tree, and Feena is trying to identify the items.
Let's stay on guard while she works."

Coral puts her sword back in its sheath, and keeps her bow ready.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola nods and lets her magic fade, keeping her spear at the ready.

"Is anyone badly hurt? If not, we could move on once Feena is done. There's no percentage in hanging about." She twirls her spear and peers into the sky.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The only trinkets of value are lodged in the branches of the bonewrought willow: a ring of protection +1 that resembles a unicorn impaling itself with its horn, a scroll of false life, a cloudy air elemental gem, and 43 gp.

Taking the possessions and moving on, you move west where several large trees grow along the north edge of this long swath of greenery, and beds of dark purple flowers have been arranged to resemble a giant spider web. Gaps in the hedge lead south and east. These trees are home to dozens of ravens, magpies, and jackdaws, all of them eerily and quietly watching you as you advance through the garden. None of them make a move to do anything to you and you quickly pass through this area and move south towards a pond.

A long pond of inky, still water stretches across the north end of this large clearing, just south of a gap in the high hedges. A wooden bridge crosses the pond at its central, narrow point. A large, dense knot of shrubbery carefully pruned into a triangular shape eight feet high stands south of the pool, with another clearing beyond it. A few stone birdbaths stand around the pool.

A tall, thin woman in a crow mask stands on the bridge, with several gravestones floating in the air around her. Near her, perched on the railing of the bridge, is a giant raven the size of an eagle.

Knowledge (planes) DC 14:
The woman is an ahmuuth psychopomp. An ahmuuth is responsible for helping mortals destroy undead and dispatch renegade souls evading the goddess’s judgment. Unlike morrigna psychopomps, who hunt lost or corrupted souls on their own, ahmuuths work with mortal worshipers and try to usher creatures like ghosts to peaceable final ends—when they can. When they can’t, they have no qualms about forcing wayward spirits to face their goddess’s judgment.

"I am Aydie," she calls out upon seeing you. "I take no joy in confronting you here, but you are defying the natural order. The shards of some unknown, dangerous substance are lodged in your hearts--likely, these are the cause of your strange condition. Yet that is besides the point--in order to restore the natural progression of your souls, you must die. Submitting to me is your best option. I will kill you mercifully. You have raised Mictena's anger--she is unlikely to be so kind."


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Somehow the jumble of her memories prevents Lola from identifying Aydie, but Lola cocks her head and speaks up anyway, "couldn't it be possible that returning these people is the only thing that sets the natural order back? And it is presumptuous of Mictena to speak for Pharasma - you know this." She frowns.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Growing pertubed, she adds, "and if all of this is true, where do I fit in? I am an usher myself, of a sort, correcto? So why are you opposing my mission. You know whatever happened itself was wrong. They should never have been brought here. Let us pass, please, and we will not trouble you or your lady further."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Coral would like the Ring of Protection +1 if nobody else needs it - she has far fewer HP than her front-line partner Vlad. The Air Elemental Gem is a powerful item for an emergency - anybody speak Auran?

Coral stays quiet and hopes that Lola can sway the crow-woman. She has a hand on her sword's hilt, but does not draw.

Edit: Just realized I neglected to post in reply to Lola's earlier question that Coral is pretty badly hurt, at 16/33 HP. Possibly to have retroactively got a CLW or two?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Aydie inclines her head. "I was afraid you would say that. I have another suggestion, then: turn around and return to the Boneyard, as Mictena will not let you pass. You could find a new home there, and perhaps Mictena's ire would eventually cool. It might take a few years, but eventually Pharasma will be able to sort out this mess."


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola shrugs and turns to the others, "it makes no matter to me, a few years is as good as a few days as far as I'm concerned. Do you all wish to return and bivouac until later?"

She leans on her spear, idly.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

"What?? No! Whatever killed Roslar's Coffer is still out there!"
Coral tries to calm herself.
"I think we were spared for a reason. Fate. The will of Pharasma. Something like that."


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

The sight of the beign they had just encountered left Feena shocked. She wasn't sure what the woman was but she was...disturbing to look at. The way she spoke though made it seem as if she wasn't too thrilled with killing them. With Aydie's response to Lola's words being what they were Feena felt concerned that this would be yet another pointless fight. She decided to try pointing another issue out and said, "If what happened to us bothers Mictena so much then she should let us return to find out what actually happened. I can agree that it is unnatural and if that is the case it is all the more reason to get to the bottom of the cause. Mictena cannot do this since she is bound here, The Lady of Graves could but is bound to this plane and performing her tasks to keep the River flowing and the souls progressing as they should."

Feena decided that if these beings were so caught up on the "natural order" that maybe she could use that to reason with them. "Mictena is concerned about what brought us here with this what-ever-it-is lodged in us, which we did not know about but thank you for the information," Feena continued after shaking her head to stay on track, "I don't believe that this was intentional, that it was intended to leave us in this state, and I fully believe that what happened to the village was not a natural occurance. I think someone targeted Rossler's Coffer and if they did it once are they not likely to do so again? If they do so again does that not mean they are potentially violating the natural order every single time, possibly even creating more like us?"

Reaching the end of her argument Feena said, "Whether Mictena likes it or not she needs us to prevent something like this happening again and I would like to offer her a bargain if it would ease her mind any. I ask for time to investigate what happened to Rossler's Coffer, to find out the truth about what happened so that we can prevent a recurrance of this tragedy and further perversion of the natural order. If after a suitable time to investigate, say three months or so, have passed and we can find no proof we will return willingly to submit to execution and or service at Mictena's discreation. If we find evidence however I as for the extra time to fully investigate and eliminate the source of the unnatural occurance. After that, if she still believes it must be doen, I will willing return and accept my death."

Feena looked squarely at Aydie and asked, "Would this be potentially acceptable or do you think there is there a way to make it work?"
Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Aydie nods to Feena and says "I find your request reasonable, but sadly I am not the one who must make a decision as to your fate. Were it up to me I would grant your request, however, that burden belongs to Mictena, and she has already proclaimed that you must die to fall into the natural order of things."

She sighs and turns to nod to her giant raven, who takes flight. Turning back to the party she shakes her head slowly. "I am sorry I must do my duty and stop you from advancing. Please have my apologies."

Slipping her dagger into her hand, she moves to block your path and engage you.

R1: Damian, Coral, Marya, Feena, Vlad, Crow, Aydie, Lola

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Coral: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Lola: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Aydie: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Crow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

"Wait - what if we knocked you unconscious. You can say you tried to stop us." She hold out her hand for Aydie to stop.


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

Feena sighed when she realized a fight it had come to and said, "Your actions show my reasoning was not sufficient to sway you and that you only claim it was. If it were you could have had us wait and conveyed our offer to Mictena and used whatever skill you had to try and persuade her to see reason. I only ask that you surrender before it is too late, I don't want to have to destroy you because we both know you can't come back from that here." Unwilling to be the first one to strike Feena assumed a fully defensive position.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Coral draws her sword and readies to Aid Another on Vlad's attack as soon as an enemy is in range, but she will be on her guard.

readied action:
Attack, Defensively AND Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 8 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 4 - 1 = 21
+4 to Vlad's attack
Coral's AC is 24 after making this attack.

Bodyguard AOOs:
Need 7+ before any party buffs come into play.
5d20 ⇒ (1, 13, 17, 12, 11) = 54
Fail on the first, succeed on all others for +4 AC.


Channel 5/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 6/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 38/38| F 7 R +3 W +10 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sighs and shrugs. Nothing worse than someone who is stuck doing their duty even when they know it's a f$@@ing bad duty.

"You're a big girl who knows what decisions you can live with. So am I. If that's how it has to be, that's how it has to be."

Marya raises her sword high to steel her allies against the oncoming attack.

+2 sacred bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

"I repay my debts, and I owe Mictena great one. I can not willingly allow you to continue without trying to stop you. So no, I appreciate the consideration of knocking me out, but I could not do so willingly. I must stop you, with force if necessary."

Damian said they were busy and I know Vlad has been busy as well. I will assume you all pause until someone makes a move, so I will have her make the first move so we can move this along.

The large raven flies between you and blocks your path on the bridge, attacking. It misses however, unable to scratch Vlad.

Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Meanwhile, Aydie backs up further behind a set of trees and begins casting a spell.

R1: Crow, Aydie, Lola R2: Damian, Coral, Marya, Feena, Vlad


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

Feena saw the sudden attack of the crow and Aydie stepping back to cast a spell and knew she could no longer wait. If Aydie would not back down and at least talk to Mictena on their behalf then there was little else they could do but fight her. She just hoped they could avoid killing Aydie as it struck her the being didn't deserve death for following the misguided orders of her superior. With her words and gestures finished Feena sent a lance of scorching heat from her outstretched finger toward Aydie.
scorching ray: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 164d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 6) = 12
Add any modifiers for buffs between now and then if you would please.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 2/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 42/48 | AC 19/13/16 | F +12, R +9, W +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | Scimitar +4 (1d6) | Longbow +8 (1d8+1) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Retroactive CLW on Coral: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Damian shakes his head sorrowfully as the psychopomp persists in her course of action. "It pains me beyond words that we cannot find agreement here, and I understand your position. However, neither I nor my friends will not submit to an unjust fate, not when the threat of what caused all this is still at large."

With that, he takes a deep breath and squares his shoulders as he calls upon his goddess once more to steel the hearts of his companions.

Bless.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 4 | HP 53/53 [63/63 Rage] [DR/2] | AC 18 [14 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +11; R +5; W +6 | CMB+9; CMD 20 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | mwk warhammer: +10 (1d10+6/19-20) | Perc +9

Vlad shakes his head as Feena speaks. "I was going to say 'no' to your suggestion, as brave as it was. I'm glad she turned it down!"

He raises his weapon, and just as Corla provides a distraction, he strikes, hitting the crow-woman soundly.

mwk warhammer (adamantine)(power attack, inspiring sword, aid from Coral, bless): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 4 + 1 = 321d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 = 14
CRIT?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 4 + 1 = 161d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 = 15


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

Note, Aydie is very far away, Vlad. You did successfully attack the crow, however.

"Mierda, we can still knock her unconscious, it's worth a try." She looks annoyed as Vlad eviscerates the crow.

Lola keeps her spear out, ready to attack anything that comes near, and begins a dance of inspiration.

IC is now in effect: Inspire Courage Provides a +1 competence bonus to attack/weapon damage rolls, and a morale bonus to saves against fear. The ability, as a reminder, stacks with bless, other than the bonus to saves. It should be added to Vlad's attacks and damage.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 4 | HP 53/53 [63/63 Rage] [DR/2] | AC 18 [14 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +11; R +5; W +6 | CMB+9; CMD 20 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | mwk warhammer: +10 (1d10+6/19-20) | Perc +9

Ooops--I saw it in front of me and assumed it was her. I attack the crow then.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

And warhammer is 20/x3, so no crit threat. Still 14 damage.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

If the crow still lives, Coral will stab at it. Otherwise, she will ready to attack the next foe within reach.

Attack, PA, CE, Bless, IC, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 8 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage, PA, IC: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6

Bodyguard AOOs, only fail on 1:
5d20 ⇒ (19, 16, 3, 7, 6) = 51

AC 22 with Combat Expertise.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Going to assume Marya uses inspiring sword for now, you can adjust as necessary if that's not correct.

Marya bolsters companions, helping improve their chances of ending this quickly.

Vlad's warhammer slams the giant raven into the railing of the small bridge, shattering the railing and sending a fluff of feathers down into the water as the bird drops instantly.

Aydie SR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Aydie is able to fight off Feena's spell due to her innate magical resistances. She cries out when her raven companion is battered, but her scream is silence when she finishes casting her spell and all sounds all around you disappear. You are in an area of silence.

She casts a spell and a ghostly hand shaped materializes at her side.

R2: Aydie, Lola R3: Damian, Coral, Marya, Feena, Vlad


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Coral moves up and uses Total Defense, ready to dodge the ghostly hand.
AC 27, Touch 22.


Channel 5/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 6/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 38/38| F 7 R +3 W +10 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Ah, I see. I didn't realize I was up again. My bad.

Marya continues inspiring her comrades, happy that she doesn't need to worry about people hearing her.

Y'all know the drill


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

Feena saw her spell hit, she knew that it struck her target, but the fact it fizzled out was new. She could only assume it was some kind of defense against magic, much like physical armor was against the warhammer that smashed the bird so badly into the bridge. She tried to call out before the silence encroached upon them that Aydie was resistant to magic but the silence came up just as she did so in a race for who would win.

Feena, knowing she would be of little use without her magic, went to where the bird impacted the bridge. It seemed the creature was important to Aydie and if they could defeat her without killing her Feena hoped the creature would live, assuming it was alive to begin with, to further demonstrate their good intentions.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola moves out of the silence, stopping her dance as she goes, and then approaches Aydie, she says "No me rendiré contigo, señora." She then tries to knock out the psychopomp if she can.

mwk silver longspear, bless, IC, ISS, nonlethal, power attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 1 = 8
mwk silver longspear damage, IC, nonlethal, PA: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 13

But she misses completedly, "¡Que mala suerte!" She sticks her tongue out at Aydie, and winks at her.

Remember that Marya, Lola, Coral, and Vlad have Triple Time (+10 move speed). IC is still in effect.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 4 | HP 53/53 [63/63 Rage] [DR/2] | AC 18 [14 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +11; R +5; W +6 | CMB+9; CMD 20 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | mwk warhammer: +10 (1d10+6/19-20) | Perc +9

No one can hear Vlad's roar of defiance. Seeing his companions advancing, Vlad decides to cut off any hope of escape. He double-times it toward the enemy's rear.

With 50' movement from barb speed + Lola, I easily make it around to the east and behind her, so it shouldn't provoke.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 2/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 42/48 | AC 19/13/16 | F +12, R +9, W +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | Scimitar +4 (1d6) | Longbow +8 (1d8+1) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

If they were to do battle with this Aydie then he was not going to hang back and let his comrades do all the work. Stepping across the bridge and raising his bow, Damian sends an arrow sailing towards the psychopomp, unbothered by the silence spell which he doesn't even notice.

Attack, IC, IS, Bless, PBS: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena finds the bird alive, but it is dying and will perish if no aid is provided to it.

As Marya inspires, Lola moves up to confront Aydie but her attack misses. As Vlad moves to flank, Damian's fires an arrow that finds its mark. Though he manages to hit Aydie, the damage is does is negligible due to some natural defenses she has against his attack.

Backed into a corner, Aydie steps up to Vlad and slashes him twice with her dagger. Vlad Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) + 1 = 8

R3: Aydie, Lola R4: Damian, Coral, Marya, Feena, Vlad

GM:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Coral moves up 20' (15' SW through Lola's space, then 5' SE, to avoid AOOs from Aydie), dropping her sword and drawing her sap. Is she out of the Silence now?

If so, she will shout to Vlad, "Mercy is smart here!" "Striking to subdue rather than kill would be tactically advantageous" is rather wordy to shout in the middle of a combat."

Aid another on Vlad, Bless, IC, CE: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 29
+4 to Vlad's attack - note that both Vlad and Coral are out of range of Marya's Inspiring Sword, and Lola is just out of range (Marya could 5' step and get Lola into range).

Bodyguard AOOs, fail on a 1:
5d20 ⇒ (1, 8, 10, 10, 9) = 38 Fail on the first.

Coral is AC 22.


female human sorceress 5 | HP 22/22; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +3, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +5 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 5/7; 2nd 1/5 | Activ Effects:

Feena gently picked up the dying bird and moved with it to try and find an area clear fo the silence zone. She had no skill at healing and knew the only was she could do so was with a spell she didn't want to burn but would would in the hopes that it would help them end this peacefully.

I figure that is a double move, one to pick the bird up and one to get out of the silence zone.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 2/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 42/48 | AC 19/13/16 | F +12, R +9, W +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | Scimitar +4 (1d6) | Longbow +8 (1d8+1) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Sense motive Feena: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Damian had been reluctant to hurt Aydie, so it's somewhat of a relief to see how ineffective his arrows were against her. Seeing Feena pick up the dying bird, he moves by her side and tries to help however he can. It makes sense that the young woman's gentle soul would try to save the creature, and he can imagine that such a gesture would not go unnoticed by Aydie.

Heal to stabilize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 4 | HP 53/53 [63/63 Rage] [DR/2] | AC 18 [14 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +11; R +5; W +6 | CMB+9; CMD 20 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | mwk warhammer: +10 (1d10+6/19-20) | Perc +9

Vlad's scarred skin helps him avoid some of the damage coming his way, but he bleeds from two new wounds.

"Mercy? She's cutting me!" he protests.

But the warrior alters his grip on his warhammer by a quarter-turn and swings at the woman with the flat side of its head.

"But have it your way--it's on you now!"

mwk warhammer (adamantine)(power attack, inspiring sword, bless, aid from Coral, non-lethal attack): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 = 191d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 = 18

I continue to have a very hard time not trying to flank with Coral!
But I resisted the temptation!


Channel 5/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 6/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 38/38| F 7 R +3 W +10 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Don't forget that Marya's inspiration also affects skill checks, Damian!

Marya is ready to jump into action to give the bird first aid, but Damian beats her to it. She gives him an approving nod then returns to inspiring.

+2 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 5 | HP 31/31 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+4, R:+8, W:+7| Per: +6, SM: +5, Init: +2

No ISS for Vlad, but he does get IC. Please adjust for him SL.

Lola's too far to get the benefit of the inspiring sword, but instead of hurting Aydie, she simply glares at the psychopomp.

Intimidate to demoralized: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"Escucha, este tipo está loco, do you think I can stop him from eviscerating you?" She puffs herself up, and everyone is reminded that Lola, for a mariachi is relatively powerfully built. She waves her spear towards the hulking Vlad. "Give. Up. You gave a good try, Aydie."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena and Damian prevent the bird from dying while the others work on corralling Aydie. She shoots a hesitant look over her shoulder through the trees as she tries to make out what the party is doing with her friend. Between that, her injuries, Lola's intimidating words and her own feelings, her first attack on Vlad is nothing more than swiping through the open air in front of him. To Lola she says, "But I must repay my debt! I cannot fail Mictena!"

"Please! Just consider my request! It doesn't have to be this way." she says hesitantly, almost as if she is trying to convince herself more than you as her conviction begins to waiver.

She redoubles her focus on Vlad and swipes at him again with her dagger, this time cutting his flesh, nearly critically so. Vlad Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

R4: Aydie, Lola R5: Damian, Coral, Marya, Feena, Vlad

GM:

1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14
1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 2/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 42/48 | AC 19/13/16 | F +12, R +9, W +11 | CMB +4, CMD 17 | Scimitar +4 (1d6) | Longbow +8 (1d8+1) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Leaving the bird in Feena's care, Damian strides back over the bridge, shouting to Aydie. "Your friend is alive. Please, let us part peacefully. We have a mission!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 4 | HP 53/53 [63/63 Rage] [DR/2] | AC 18 [14 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +11; R +5; W +6 | CMB+9; CMD 20 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | mwk warhammer: +10 (1d10+6/19-20) | Perc +9

"You are lucky my friends are merciful--" Vlad says. "Surrender and we will spare you and your friend. If not, you will join the infidels that oppose the righteous!"

Vlad's talking, as well as trying to deal less devastating blows with a hammer, mean his blow comes nowhere near her.

mwk warhammer (adamantine)(power attack, inspiring sword, bless, nonlethal): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 61d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 6 = 19


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr3 | HP 41/41 | AC 21, T 16, FF 17, CMD 19 (22 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +9 R +11 W +5, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +12 (+13 traps) | Active: None

Coral tries to hide her exasperation with both Aydie's stubbornness and Vlad's zeal.
"I know you're just doing your job, but you would serve Mictena better by convincing her to let us leave, or else we have to destroy her!"

Coral strikes with her sap, well aware that it probably will not do much.
Attack, Bless, PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 9
Her strike is just as far off the mark as Vlad's.

Bodyguard AOOs, fail on a 1:
5d20 ⇒ (5, 18, 14, 8, 17) = 62
+4 to Vlad's AC against up to 5 attacks.

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,115 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.