GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,000 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad tries his best to disbelieve what he fights. Lunging toward it with his warhammer, he tries to smash its snout.

Will save (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20

mwk warhammer (adamantine)(power attack, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 181d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 25/38 | AC 19/13/16 | F +6, R +4, W +5 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Scimitar +3 (1d6) | Longbow +7 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Will save, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16

Damian does his best to... not believe in the shadowy reptile, but that is a little difficult to do when one has relied their entire life mostly on sight to learn about the world around them. Still not understanding very well how their weapons can hurt a shadow creature, he nevertheless takes aim diligently.

Attack, PBS, inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 27 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

Sort of there and sort of not?
Coral knows little of the Shadow Plane, but she tries to disbelieve the illusionary part of the crocodile.
Will, Inspiring Sword, Shake it Off: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 22

Then she strikes at it with her rapier.
Attack, PA, Inspiring Sword, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

Please ignore the first attack - Lola was taking an AoO if it provoked without taking a 5 foot step. Also note that based on the map, Lola is not adjacent to Coral and Vlad. So less shake it off for them. So there’s good and bad maybe!

Longspear, inspire courage, AoO : 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 9
longspear, inspire courage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Lola stops performing, the benefit of her inspire courage still lingering for those who chose to take advantage of it. Inspire Courage Provides a +1 competence bonus to attack/weapon damage rolls, and a morale bonus to saves against fear. The ability, as a reminder, stacks with bless, other than the bonus to saves.

Lola’s timely identification meant that her new allies were better able to disbelieve the illusion. ”Even as an illusion, un cocodrilo can grab you and pin you, so be careful!”

Longspear, inspire courage, inspiring sword, flanking with Vlad: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 17
longspear, inspire courage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

She swings at the illusory beast, hoping a timely strike would put it down.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The party continues to prove that it is especially willful and with Lola's words each of the party member is able to see that this illusion, while still dangerous, is less than the threat that it actually represents.

After each party connects their strike against the reptile, Lola's spear connects with the crocodile's head, causing it to dissolve back into wisps of shadowstuff and disappear!

Out of combat.

After freeing Marya, the party continues north through the gardens, following a path north that winds from the web-shrouded pergola through this garden. The path weaves around several large topiary animals--an elephant, a lion, an ape, an ostrich, and an ox. The heads of all these topiary creatures are entirely covered with webs.

As you come around a corner, you see the nightmarish ettercap you encountered earlier lying unmoving in the path ahead. His neck is bent at a fatal angle and his limbs are violently twisted. He appears to be rather dead...


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

"Is this another trick? It has to be."
Coral throws a small rock at the ettercap's seemingly dead body.

She watches closely to see if it is another illusion.
Will, Shake it Off: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola focuses on the scene, detecting magic where she can, "even if it is not an illusion, the ettercap's spirit may still be here. Stranger things, yes?"

spellcraft (detect magic): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral's rock bounces off the ettercap's body and falls to the ground beside it.

Lola detects no magic at play on the ettercap, but does does pick up an aura coming from the three tail feathers of the topiary ostrich.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad stares at the corpse. "Whatever killed it must be powerful--though it could have been that shadow creature we just faced. Perhaps it did not see through its deception."

Vlad ventures forward toward the body with little regard for his own safety.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

"Espera, Vlad. There's magic on the tail feathers of that ostrich. It could be a trap - like the trapped webs from a moment ago. Please let Coral investigate." She tries to stop him gently with her hand.

"Es peligroso for us, too, not just you. Please." She smiles at him from behind her mask.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad halts at Lola's warning and awaits Coral giving the all clear.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

Coral moves up and takes a look at the topiaries.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 +1 more for traps.


female human sorceress 4 | HP 17/18; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +4 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 2/4 | Activ Effects: 2 dex dmg

The sudden onslaught of the spiders had left Feena shaken but fortunately they went down fairly easily. Then there came the web shrouded figure that was a trap. The sight of what seemed to be a person, enwrapped in webs, drew even more fear through the normally stable Feena and left her unthinking as events proceeded. The very thought of being webbed up like that was driving Feena into a deep place in her mind and it was all she could do to keep following her companions.

She was oblivious for the entire crocodile affair and it wasn't until she saw the apparently dead ettercap that Feena felt anything. Feena gave a low moan of fear at the sight of the thing and while she was glad that it was dead she couldn't stand to look at it, or even go near it, she just wanted out of this nightmare. Despite her revulsion at the thing, her desire to not look, she couldn't help but stare straight at it and heard little about any kind of traps.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral moves up and checks the feathers that detect as magic and finds no traps. When the group moves in and inspects the feathers closer, their magical-inclined folks identify them as three feather tokens.

While the party was distracted with the feather, the creature than had been feigning death so perfectly suddenly animates. While Feena is staring the creature on the ground, she blinks her eyes and the next moment it's standing in front of her and snapping its horrific mouth of sharp, jagged teeth onto her forearm, injecting a poison into her body. Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + DC17 fort save or take 1d2 Dex damage.

R1: Vlad, Coral, Baddie, Feena, Marya, Lola, Damian

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Lola: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
F: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
C: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Target: 1d6 ⇒ 3


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

"I knew it was a trick!"
Coral moves up and stabs at the monster.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She prepares to defend Vlad, Feena, or other adjacent allies against its attacks.

Bodyguard AOOs:
AOO #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
AOO #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
AOO #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
AOO #4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Failure unless a +1 bonus comes into play.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad responds quickly, his warhammer swung overhead to avoid hitting his companions.

"Is there no end to this places's treachery!

mwk warhammer (adamantine)(power attack): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 151d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Both Vlad and Coral try to attack the ettercap, but fail to land a hi!

Coral moves up and distracts the creature when it tries to bite Feena again, but it ignores her and rakes the sorceress with its two claws. Damage Feena: 1d4 + 4 + 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (2) + 4 = 12

R1: Baddie, Feena, Marya, Lola, Damian R2: Vlad, Coral,

GM:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

"Feena!"
Coral gives up on protecting Vlad and decides to go for all-out offense, moving into flanking position to do more damage.
She readies to strike once Vlad is in flanking position.
Everybody else goes before Coral, so they might do things that add to her attack roll or damage.

Readied Attack:
Attack, Flank, PA: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 27
Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 11
Damage, PA, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + (3) = 7


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

Looks like we neglected to ID it originally; please correct me if I'm wrong!

Knowledge (dungeoneering), heightened awareness: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20

Lola smirks at the creature "bruta, you should have tried to kill me!" She cackles, and begins to sing and jape at the foolish creature.Inspire Courage Provides a +1 competence bonus to attack/weapon damage rolls, and a morale bonus to saves against fear. The ability, as a reminder, stacks with bless, other than the bonus to saves.

Wichi wichi araña
tejió su telaraña.
Vino la lluvia,
y se la llevó.
Salió el sol,
se secó la lluvia.
Y wichi, wichi araña,
otra vez trepó.
Trepó, trepó, trepó.

She keeps her spear ready to attack when able.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 10/31| F +5 R +1 W +8 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya raises her sword high as she looks to Lola. ”You sing, I’ll dance.”

Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword! +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks for 1 round


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 25/38 | AC 19/13/16 | F +6, R +4, W +5 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Scimitar +3 (1d6) | Longbow +7 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian looks in confusion as Lola and Marya start capering around instead of fighting the creature. Was it not that dangerous? But it had hurt Feena! Still, if they were that confident, perhaps it was not such a threat, as repugnant as it looked. Maybe that is why it had been playing dead...

Feeling his resolve strengthen, Damian takes careful aim.

Attack, IC, IS, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 25 Damage, IC, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


female human sorceress 4 | HP 17/18; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +4 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 2/4 | Activ Effects: 2 dex dmg

Ena cried out in fear and pain as the ettercap suddenly was before her. Its buggy mouth parts opening wide as it bit deeply into her flesh and injected it's poison.
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Her body felt sluggish as the poison took hold in her body and then the thing raked her with it's claws. It tore through her clothes and the flesh beneath practically ripping the garment from her body in it's furious assault and Feena fell to the ground with her life's blood quickly spilling from her wounds.
I am at -5 before I get to act.
stabilize: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 5 = 5
Make that -6.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

As Feena drops, Lola suddenly recalls what this creature is! Damian's arrow strikes the creature, his arrow burying into its chest. Coral follows it up with her own attack, inflicting even more damage on the creature. Despite both of their hits however, it seems hardly damage at all.

Vlad still up.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola adds, ”it is very evil - if you have good spells or weapons - those can penetrate its regeneration! Silver also works!” She draws her spare silver morningstar, offering it to anyone who wants it. Vlad?

Move action to take the weapon from me - but it’ll stop the regen if you hit it with silver.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad holds out his hand and takes the weapon.

"Sure--if you say so."

He drops his warhammer with a thud. He swings the morningstar, But the act of changing weapons throws his aim off--badly.

morningstar (power attack, inspiring sword, IC): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 101d8 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 13


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

As Vlad misses, the ettercap laughs loudly, finding something hilarious as a feeling of fear runs down your spine. Everyone must make a DC16 will save or become shaken.

About half of the damage inflicted by the party on the creature suddenly heals, the wounds on the ettercap closing and mending on their own. It steps north away from the bulk of the party and sets its sights on Coral, hoping to down her like it did Feena. It's poisonous bite attack misses, but it hits her with both of its claws. Coral Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4) + 4 = 14

R2: Baddie, Feena, Marya, Lola, Damian R3: Vlad, Coral

GM:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
7

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Something about the creature's laugh deeply unsettles Vlad. But it also stirs something at the bottom of his gut. Raising his arms to his sides, he does little to defend himself, but he swings the borrowed silver morningstar with great force.

"I've had enough of you!" he exclaims.

Will (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 Two 1's in a row--ouch.

morningstar (silver)(power attack, inspiring sword, RAGE!, reckless abandon, IC, shaken): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 301d8 + 7 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 + 2 = 15


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

will save, reincarnated, inspire courage, sacred sword, shake it off: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 28

Lola laughs at the creature as she stops her mocking dance, then steps back slightly and spins her shining silver longspear at the nightmare. ”Can’t scare us when you look so ridiculous, pendejo!”

silver longspear, inspire courage, sacred sword, flanking, power attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 28
longspear damage, inspire courage, power attack: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 10

A vicious silvery blur stabs towards the creature, well-aimed.


female human sorceress 4 | HP 17/18; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +4 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 2/4 | Activ Effects: 2 dex dmg

Stabilize?: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 6 = 12
Poison (presumably): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d2 ⇒ 1
The fire in Feena managed to do it's work and cauterized the wound from the inside the poison continued ravaging her weakened body.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

Will vs fear, Inspiring Sword, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 22
Despite her wounds, Coral is not intimidated by the creature.

She steps into a flank with Lola and tries to bring down the beast, though she pays more attention to her defense.
Attack, Flank, Inspiring Sword, Inspire Courage, Defensively, CE: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 1 = 9

The halfling calls upon her flawed but sincere faith and uses her Lay on Hands ability. LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 1 sigh...

AC 22, and at 9 HP.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 25/38 | AC 19/13/16 | F +6, R +4, W +5 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Scimitar +3 (1d6) | Longbow +7 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Willsave: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Dismayed at the meager wound that his arrow had inflicted on the creature, and at the ease with which it had swatted Feena to the ground, Damian rushes to the sorceress's side to help her.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Will Smite Evil next turn.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 10/31| F +5 R +1 W +8 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Marya scoffs at the creature’s attempt at intimidation. She pauses Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword to channel the Inheritor’s healing, selecting out the monstrosity.

Channel (blessed touch): 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 = 11Halved to 5, Vlad would heal 9

Anyone currently shaken gets a reroll on the will save with a +1 sacred bonus. Anyone else gets a +1 sacred bonus to AC for one round


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Lola's silver spear jabs into the creature, preventing its healing ability from kicking it in addition to damaging it for a fair amount. Vlad's attack misses again as does Coral, and the halfling pays the price of being the focus of the ettercap's attention as it ravages her body. First biting her upper arm, then slashing her face then her chest, shredding her flesh again and again. Coral Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (4) + 4 = 15 +DC17 fort save or take 1d2 Dex damage.

Feena/Coral - Saves for failing poison continue for up to nine additional rounds

R3: Baddie, Feena, Marya, Lola, Damian R4: Vlad, Coral

GM:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 10/31| F +5 R +1 W +8 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

@GM did you count the +1 AC Coral has from Marya's channel? Would that have made a difference? Also, I think Vlad should have hit, as his attack roll was higher than Lola's

Marya calls down a blessing on her allies, then begins circling around to get closer to Coral in the event she drops. Can move to this square without provoking, provided the creature doesn't have reach

She cast bless, so +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and on saves vs fear. The save bonus does not stack with inspire

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad swings again, once more powerfully striking the ettin.

"Begone, foul fiend!"

@GM: As Marya said, I think you may have mis-read my last post. The '1' I rolled was on my Will save vs. the shaken effect. I rolled a 19 (30 total) on my attack roll.

morningstar (silver)(power attack, inspiring sword, RAGE!, reckless abandon, IC, shaken): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 301d8 + 7 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 + 2 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I counted the +1 from your channel, the two attacks still hit. And yes, I misread Vlad'd attack, he hits! The monster still lives, of course :D


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Dex Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Coral goes down (at -1 HP)
Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 1 = 6
Now at -2 HP.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 25/38 | AC 19/13/16 | F +6, R +4, W +5 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Scimitar +3 (1d6) | Longbow +7 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Just as he revives one comrade, another one falls! Coral was out of his reach, so he must trust Marya to take care of the halfling. The best thing he could do right now was to help take down the creature. Thinking a quick prayer to the Everlight, Damian sends an arrow sailing towards their foe. Smite Evil.

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


female human sorceress 4 | HP 17/18; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +4 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 2/4 | Activ Effects: 2 dex dmg

Feena gasped as she came to from the healing Damian provided and managed to, barely, say, "Thank you Damian."
Pois: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
She started to stand up, her moves sluggish, but she was capable of movement at least, and glared at the terrifying ettercap thing. She chanted, gestured, and sent a jolt of electricity lashing out at it.
jolt: 1d29 + 1 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 4 + 1 = 81d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Lola is up.


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola takes another stab at the problem.

silver longspear, inspire courage, flanking, power attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 24
longspear damage, inspire courage, power attack: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 13

”Looks like you’re finally getting the point.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Lola, Damian and Vlad all come together to land their strikes against the ettercap, putting it down on the ground for real this time. The Vlad's final strike is enough to finish the battle and allow the group to pay attention to their wounded.

Out of combat! When you're done healing and collecting magic feathers, let me know and we'll move on.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

Still negative here, but everybody gets to go before Coral makes another Stabilize check and another poison save.


female human sorceress 4 | HP 17/18; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +4 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 2/4 | Activ Effects: 2 dex dmg

Poison: 20 + 2 = 221d2 ⇒ 1
Feena felt the pain of the poison abate as the phoenix fire in her blood dealt with the toxin and sighed in relief. This whole thing could have been much worse for her and she knew that she had gotten very lucky to have survived.

As she looked around feen realized that Coral was in bad shape and quickly aimed to get her frineds in the area of her flames while keeping the disgusting monster out, just in case it was still alive somehow, and let loose with a torrent of flames.

burning hands (heal): 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Everyone gets 2 back.

"There, that should help a little," Feena said, "Is everyone alright?"


F Duskwalker Bard (Silver Baladeer) 4 | HP 25/25 | Defenses: AC 16, T 12, FF 14, CMD 17 | F:+2, R:+6, W:+5| Per: +5, SM: +5, Init: +2

Lola headed over to Coral and muttered something, touching her softly on her wounds to close them, ”the cycle is not complete Coral; come back to us.” She smiles at Coral from behind her skull mask, and helps her up.

cure light on Coral: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr2 | HP 16/33 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16, CMD 17 (+2 vs Trip, Grapple) | Mv 40' | F +7 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +4 | Per +11 (+12 traps) | Active: None

If Coral is conscious when she makes the Fort save against the poison, and allies are adjacent, then she gets the benefit of Shake it Off. Supposing that Vlad, Feena, and Lola all come to help since they all have the feat:
Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 4 = 21

So would have made it without Shake it Off in this case, but generally she benefits from having allies adjacent.

Coral returns to the brink of consciousness with Feena's healing flames, then regains the strength to stand from Lola's magic.
"Another close call. I need to be smarter and faster."
Now at 5 HP.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 3 | HP 38/43 [51/51 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +3; W +4 | CMB+8; CMD 19 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +8 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +8

Vlad nods at Coral. "You keep trying to intercede when a blow is coming my way. I can take it--save yourself. No punishment will stop me."

Do we have some more healing for Coral? I'm at full health.


female human sorceress 4 | HP 17/18; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Per +4 Immolation Aura 8/8rnds | Spells: 1st 7/7; 2nd 2/4 | Activ Effects: 2 dex dmg

Coral isn't the only one in need either. I'm still not in great shape myself.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 5/6
Spells Remaining:
See Sheet
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 10/31| F +5 R +1 W +8 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya gets to work trying to heal her allies back up, but her magic is less effective than she would like.

Channel (blessed touch): 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 = 6 Halved to 3

Sacrificing Shield of Faith and Weapons Against Evil
Cure Light Wounds on Coral (blessed touch): 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds on Feena (blessed touch): 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Down to two second level spells and one channel


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 3 | HP 25/38 | AC 19/13/16 | F +6, R +4, W +5 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Scimitar +3 (1d6) | Longbow +7 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Sorry for being late, yesterday was busy. Best let Damian channel for healing.

Damian helps Marya with the healing.

Channel 2/4: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Channel reroll: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Channel 3/4: 1d6 ⇒ 3

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,000 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.