Agents of TAROT: Chariot Crew

Game Master Tarren Dei


851 to 900 of 994 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

The various clothing that Scera was able to find didn't really suit her so for the time being she stuck with the scanty slave garments that she already had on. Honestly she'd kind of come to enjoy them and the reactions they drew. She didn't want to admit it but her time in captivity had changed her somewhat. She was always interested in drawing the attention of others and found she missed certain aspects of her ordeal though not her lack of control over her choice of partners. She even kind of enjoyed, in a dark corner of her mind, manipulating and controlling the reactions of others. She kept this to herself of course and when the time came to finally jump to a different time Scera thought she was ready.

When the jump occurred Scera was assaulted by the incredible psychic energy of all those lives flashing past and dying, it was like she was everywhere and every when and she couldn't take it. With a ragged scream she passed out and stayed that way for quite some time. When they reached their destination it was easy to determine that Scera simply needed time to rest and so Griffin ended up carrying the lashunta woman as they entered the headquarters. When they were led to a side room to wait Scera ended up sprawled across Griffin's and Kitty's laps snoring quietly as she began to finally rest.


Gabriel manages to find Jade-Prime in the crowd. She's shouting and gesturing at the precise moment Gabriel finds her. You see a pistol on her hip peaking out from beneath a leather jacket.

Before you can investigate further Gabriel interrupts.

"It seems the senator is waiting for us upstairs. He has requested a thorough briefing on your mission," says Gabriel.

"We're going to go look at the alt-timeline's version of the Empress! It looked like a similar ship," says Aron quickly.

Bron nods, "Yeah, let's see if their timeline has anything to teach ours!"

You get the impression they would prefer not to meet the senator.

Gabriel leads you into the elevator again. Scera and the others are already in it.

Milo catches Vonash's eye and then points at his temple.


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

Vonash establishes a telepathic link with Milo

"Yes, Milo? What do you think of all this temporal gerf@!+ing nonsense?"


"I don't know what to believe, but I know Gabriel is everywhere in this building except in your head. This 'debriefing' ... Are we going to tell them everything? Do we trust them? Maybe we should chat all together before we get there," thinks Milo to Vonash. "Hook us up?"


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

"Ok, lets all talk"

She sets up a telepathic link with everybody

"Hey guys, Milo wanted a private chat with Gabriel NOT listening in. So, uh, this is it. Anybody want a puff of this stuff? Its quite good"


Milo, still in orangutan form, takes a puff and begins coughing, smoke filling the elevator.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," complains Gabriel. "You are about to meet a senator, after all."

"So, gang," thinks Milo. "I don't think Gabriel-the-narc can read minds but he sure seems to be everywhere in this building. Is there anything we AREN'T going to tell the senator about?"


"I have nothing to say to the senator at this moment." Jade thinks in response. "I do not wish for them to know of Moreau's research for how they would abuse it. The other things that we encountered - our new friends, the other time traveler, the Dark Tower - are things that I would rather tell Gabriel about. I do not know the senator and do not know where his allegiances or sensibilities lie." Jade pauses. "Besides, my priority right now is not telling anything to the senator, but asking for more information about this attack. I would like to know more about what happened to us."


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

Brass chimes in on the thought conversation, “We can brief what we did to correct the timeline. Other things aren’t needed, we can pick and choose who we tell about that.”


Masculine Android Mechanic | HP 16/16, Stamina 12/12, Reserve 5/5 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 | Init +5, Perception +5

I agree. They are likely interested in our efforts to prevent the assassination and realign the timeline. Anything outside of that is our own work. Ueda keeps his face forward with his eyes unblinking. I also agree that we should find out as much as we can about this attack. The senator will likely try to redirect or block our inquiries.


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

Still having been snoozing when they were brought to the elevator Scera was being carried now by Barry as Griff had gotten tired of the burden. It was Vonash's mental voice that finally pulled Scera back to consciousness. She moaned slightly and looked up at Barry with a smile, "Hey there handsome."

Scera gestured for herself to be put down and then joined the mental conversation. What hit me? It feels like I was struck by a battleship. She rubbed her forehead between her antennae and then thought, What is happening? It seems like something is going on but I feel like I've missed something.


The elevator stops before the telepathic conversation can finish. The door opens and Jade, Brass-4, Milo the orangutan, Vonash, Scera, Immanuel, Kitty, Griffin, and Barry the Bear tumble out of what was a fairly tight space into the lobby of the two-hundred-and-fifty-year old church.

About 20 feet away is a man in suit flanked by eight people you take for subordinates. They could be divided into two groups, the younger and prettier camp and the bigger and tougher camp.

The only one who appears younger, prettier, bigger, and tougher meets you at the door of the elevator and tells you how excited the senator is to meet you and adds, "We owe you such a debt of gratitude."

"I'd prefer cash to gratitude," remarks Milo as she walks away urging you to follow.

As you get closer the senator greets all of you, but he looks Scera over rather indiscreetly first. "I'm Senator Parker Bird," he says, "And, I am so honoured to meet you. Truly, honoured. And, so glad that Gabriel could rescue you from the disappearance of your timeline."

He catches Immanuel's eye and then falters a bit, but swivels to Jade and says, "And, wow, I mean, you look just like her. Doesn't she? Identical. We're going to have to figure out what to do about that!"

He gestures towards a large room off of the lobby that would once have allowed parishioners to mingle before entering but now was filled with comfortable furniture.

"Let's sit down and you can tell me all about what just happened. Perhaps you can start by telling me about the bear and the monkey. How did they come to join your crew?"


Completely ignoring his question, Jade narrows her eyes at the senator. "You know Jade-Prime, then? What was the nature of your relationship?"


"'Jade-Prime'? Is that what you're calling ... Fitting. She was the co-star of a science vid-cast, 'Reality Prime.' We all knew her; it was quite popular," explains the senator. "Although, I did meet her once at a charity event."


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

With the sudden stop of the elevator and breaking off of their conversation Scera turned her focus to the people there to meet them. She noted the man who awaited them at the elevator door first as he was right there and she could only describe him as "yum". She followed the man to where the senator was and noted the man's indiscreet appraisal of her. Ah, it was good to be looked at like that by something other than a Vesk.

Scera returned his appraisal and said, "A pleasure and I'm glad they rescued me too Senator Bird." She let the others introduce themselves as she stepped back among the rest of her companions. She looked around at the other people in the room out of curiosity as the discussions continued.

Senator:
As she greeted the Senator a second set of words was exchanged mentally. Well Senator, it seems you appreciate my outfit. There was a grin in her mental voice as she continued, If you'd like to see more that just might be possible.


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

Brass frowns they sit down a sour look on his face, “Well it seems explaining all of this will be quite difficult. Especially with our new found guests.” he thinks to the group.


If you decide to explain things to the senator, we don't need a whole story recap; I'm more wanting to get a sense of what you DON'T tell him. Also, I want to know what you ASK him, for example, about the attack.


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

Vonash will continue to act as a mental relay but she mostly sits there, a more than slightly dazed look in her eyes

"Hey, uh, did anybody think to bring snacks? Otherwise I'll have to go get some from our ship. Or you could send alphabetty there to get some"

I know, I'm embracing all the stoned tropes :-). Sue me :-)"


Masculine Android Mechanic | HP 16/16, Stamina 12/12, Reserve 5/5 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 | Init +5, Perception +5

Ueda registers the senator's reaction to looking at him, just as he registered his lecherous gaze before the introduction. He responds to neither, just making mental notes on the behavior and the character of the man. But the mention of Jade's role on Reality Prime catches him more off-guard, and he cocks his head to one side. "Really? Fascinating."

One percent deviation, hmm? Indeed.

"Milo is one of the original members of our team who departed with us from our time." Ueda's voice is direct as he sits down. "He is an astrazoan, and as such can change his form in many ways. The bear, as you call him, is named Barry."


The senator looks at Scera and seems slightly flustered for a moment, but pulls himself together quickly. "Ah, so, the bear and some of you are shapechangers? Fascinating. ... I'm very interested in any information you can tell us about your timeline. Have you noticed any other differences? Anything the smart fellows in your timeline discovered that we have yet to learn?"

He pauses and, not hearing anyone fill the silence immediately, begins talking again, "I'd also like to offer my office's help in getting you adjusted to your life in this timeline. Any plans?"

When he offers his office's help, the younger and prettier half of the room nods their support while the strong and imposing half scowl.


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Yup, that sounds about right...

"It is difficult to say what we know that you may not." Jade replies dryly, avoiding the question about the others being shapechangers, or what they may have learned in their travels. "But I can tell you that in our timeline, I did not host a vid-cast, and dedicated myself more to research. My past life there was in Android Liberation." She attempts to study his reaction to this, curious where the senator's own allegiance lies on the events of the previous week. "If you are sincere about helping us, my primary concern is investigating the death of Jade-Prime. If you have the means to open any doors that would otherwise be closed, I would appreciate it. I have been in academia long enough to have little patience for red tape."


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

Brass stares at the man for a moment burning holes into his head. “ What can you tell me of Brass prime? I’m also curious as to the differences. I think at the moment our plans consist of figuring out the deaths of ourselves in this timeline.”


"Ah, so the Android Question is still being asked where ... or should I say 'when'? --"

"When." interrupts Kitty, grammatically, "Not where. You should say 'when'?"

"-when you're from," assumes the Senator. "I thought perhaps you had found a solution."

"Brass-Prime?" the Senator repeats and glances at an aid who taps a pad. The Senator seems to be reading but has no pad in hand. He probably has a screen in a contact lens screen or some other implant. He makes a frowny face. "Well, sadly, Brass ... non-Prime, it seems your alter-self got into a little trouble with the law and has spent the last couple years in jail ... a little bit of squabble with some young men over ... android rights." The senator raises his eyebrows quizzically and looks at the wall. He pauses a bit and then says, "Seems to be a theme."

"Well," the Senator says smiling, "I think it is only fair that I get you some information on how your alter selves died. If you'd like to wait here at Blacksteeple--that's what we call this place--I will see if I can get someone from law enforcement to come over and brief you. How about that?"


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

Brass retorts back after hearing about his alternate self “Well then it seems that the “Android Question” is still being asked here as well. I would most certainly like to be briefed on that as I saw him at the rally defending the mourners.”


Jade narrows her eyes over her previous life's work being referred to as "The Android Question", as if sentience and life doesn't already speak for itself, and remarks in a somewhat hostile tone, "Years in prison over a little squabble with some young men? Please tell me that in this timeline, there is not still a disparity in the punishments for an android harming a human and the inverse. Certainly a 1% difference cannot allow such ignorance to still flourish."


"I completely agree," says the Senator. "Resolving the tensions between humans and androids has been something the committee that I chair--the Ethics and Technology committee--has been working hard to make some progress on ... As for Brass-Prime's incarceration, I think the amount of damage done to the young men explains the longer sentence. We mere humans don't come back as easily from fractured skull eh? heh heh"


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

“Maybe some people deserve a fractured skull.” Brass says with about as much menace as can put into word form. “if this council is to solve this problem, then I would hope that there are androids on this council.”


Masculine Android Mechanic | HP 16/16, Stamina 12/12, Reserve 5/5 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 | Init +5, Perception +5

"Actually, I believe in our own timeline, the 'Android Question' had been solved some years prior. Not altogether peacefully, and not with finality, but with enough effort and thought to address other pressing matters." Ueda shakes his head. "I suppose my own past in this timeline will be unfortunately marred by bigotry and conflict. Given that your Immanuel Ueda was not the host of Reality Prime, and I believe it would be too much to hope that I merely traded lifestyles with Doctor Essex and focused on my research."


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

"Can I please have the full and complete dossier on Vonash? I'd like to know EVERYTHING that you know about her so that I can better integrate into her life. I, for one, plan to just step into her life and leave the big issues to you lot"

Telepathically to the others
"It also will be very interesting to know how much data they have on us. I'm thinking of trying to read his thoughts. Do any of you see any kind of psionic detection devices or people you think are telepaths?"


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

Scera was amused at the Senator's reaction to her thoughts and winked at him as the others began to ask their questions and discuss what they wanted to accomplish. When she heard Vonash's mental question she thought back, He received my mental thoughts alright and I didn't see anyone else react to it so I don't think there are any defenses or other telepaths in the room. It's only a guess though.


The Senator ignores Brass's question about the committee and address Vonash and Immanuel's concerns, "Of course, it makes sense for you to get a look at the records of the people whose identities Gabriel has suggested giving you. You should read them thoroughly." As he says that, he turns to Ueda.

"Now, Mr. Ued... ah, it says here, Dr. Ueda,'" he corrects himself. Since he's not holding a tablet, 'here' must refer to a text he's reading on an implant. "You will soon discover that your real world counterpart couldn't let go of the past. He was the type to stir up trouble and generate the kind of tension that keeps humans and androids at odds with one another. I hope that when you take over his life, you will cooperate with any current or future investigations into his activities. I'm sure a learned man such as yourself can appreciate the need for law and order."

"The connection several of you seem to have to android dissidents is remarkable," says one of the assistants. The Senator waves the comment aside but he keeps his eyes on your faces to see if you react.

Suddenly, he looks ready to leave.

"Well, so, I will get those files transferred over to Gabriel and see what I can do about getting everything you need regarding the investigation," he says smiling and preparing to stand.


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

Scera was almost disappointed when the Senator began to leave so hurriedly and she watched him go with interest. She didn't know why he was in such a hurry, and it might be for some perfectly legitimate reason, but she didn't trust it.

Senator:
Scera thought to the Senator as he left, Bye Senator, her tone was lilting as her thoughts reached him, "call me sometime if you want to spend some time together. I'll show you any number of fun things like, her thoughts became quite naughty and suggestive as they followed the Senator until he was too far away to reach any longer.

Scera looked briefly at the man that had met them at the elevator and she looked at him once more appraisingly then focused on him as well.

To Big Strong and Handsome:
The man felt a thought tickle his mind as Scera thought to him, Call me sometime handsome.

Scera looked at the people she was now traveling with and thought to them, Is it just me or did the Senator seem anxious to get away from us? She glanced to Vonash, It seemed to start when you were thinking of reading his thoughts. Maybe he did have someone who could eavesdrop on mental conversations.


Masculine Android Mechanic | HP 16/16, Stamina 12/12, Reserve 5/5 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 | Init +5, Perception +5

"Indeed." Ueda's response is short and, despite its emotionless tone, drips with sarcasm.

As the Senator moves to leave, the android watches him go. The Senator is hiding something from us. Or perhaps he is merely uncomfortable with the full truth. And I have learned how to see suspicion and a lack of trust, if it is not well hidden. He turns and looks at the others. I am frankly surprised the man is involved in politics. He does not strike me as particularly suited for the field, as he is neither likable nor a good liar.


"Which means he likely has either money or power over others." Jade thinks in response. "In either case, I do not trust him."

Sidenote: How common were implants like the one the senator has demonstrated having in our own timeline?


Jade Essex wrote:

"Which means he likely has either money or power over others." Jade thinks in response. "In either case, I do not trust him."

Sidenote: How common were implants like the one the senator has demonstrated having in our own timeline?

He's still standing to leave and hasn't left yet. Vonash asked about reading his thoughts. Anyone have an opinion on this before she does?

Re: Jade's question: Ocular implants are one of the most common types of implants in your timeline. They were developed from the technology of 'bionic eyes' before it became possible to grow replacement eyes in labs.


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

To the others, telepathically
"So, should I or shouldn't I try to read him? Ah, what the heck"

I'll wait until tomorrow. If nobody has objected by then, I'll try and read his thoughts. What could POSSIBLY go wrong? :-)


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

Brass looks ahead his face dead pan serious with no change in emotion. There is something going on here. Some things do not add up, please do try to read his mind. brass sends out into the thought-versation


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

Scera considered the question Vonash posed and Brass-4's response and then thought, I wouldn't just now. He would be too on guard for it to be safe right now. I started flirting with him after I saw how he looked at me. Maybe I can work my away into his good graces and get him to relax and make the whole process easier and less likely to be detected.


Masculine Android Mechanic | HP 16/16, Stamina 12/12, Reserve 5/5 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 | Init +5, Perception +5

I know little of telepathy beyond basic theory. Do as you feel prudent. Much like Brass, Ueda stands like a statue, emotionless and unyielding.


One yay, one nay, one 'use your own judgment'. I think we said that if someone makes their save by 5 or more they detect that someone is attempting to read their thoughts. Feeling lucky?


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

Right now, Vonash is in a very mellow and accomodating mood

"Ok Scera, you probably know best." and she watches as the senator leaves


"So, all, thank you again for all you've done. I will get those files to you soon," the Senator turns to leave and then turns back and says, "Oh, and, since you are still technically dead it would probably best for you to remain here until we can get things cleared up. We wouldn't want to give rise to any conspiracy theories. I've taken the liberty of ordering food, or, rather, ordering Gabriel to do so ... food for a couple days."

"I've got those files for you now," says Gabriel as soon as the door closes behind the last of the entourage. "Perhaps you can compare them to what the Senator eventually sends you. I don't think that I like him very much."

As the Senator leaves the church and heads towards his limo in the parking lot he accepts Scera's flirtation lightheartedly and then is back to business. He thinks back to her, "Oh, and tell the Rons they should show up when the person who controls their funding visits."

As the limo lifts off, several delivery drones roll up to the door and drop off black cases. Each requires a bioscan of a Ron to unlock; A-Ron or B-Ron, it won't matter which one. Perhaps, it is the food.


Milo nods, "He didn't seem too bright either."

The Rons pop out of the elevator before the dust settles in the parking lot. They hand you pads upon which Gabriel has placed the file of your Prime world self. For the most part, they lived very much the same life you did, with just a little more struggle and a little less support.

Brass:
Brass-Prime ended up incarcerated after winning a fight in which he was outnumbered and which witnesses said he didn't start.

Ueda:
Ueda-Prime is on a watchlist and not without reason; he is clearly connected to android rights groups that, according to these files, use violent tactics.

Jade:
Jade-Prime's research interests haven't changed much, but she is a minor celebrity in this timeline. For this reason, the anti-android movement has made her a bit of a target in their propaganda.

Vonash:
All the details seem the same, but all the photos show a more cautious and timid Vonash. She just seems like she's holding more in.

Feel free to add your own details to the above; their lives were mostly your lives.


Masculine Android Mechanic | HP 16/16, Stamina 12/12, Reserve 5/5 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 | Init +5, Perception +5

Ueda watches the Senator and his entourage make their exit, and only breaks his gaze when one of the Rons offers him a tablet. "Intriguing," he says after a while, looking up at the others. "It seems this timeline's Ueda did not sever the same ties as I did. Now I better understand the Senator's hesitance when speaking with me."

He sets the tablet down and moves to one of the black cases, kneeling by it to examine the thing. "He also mentioned you should have made an appearance, Ron. And I think you'll need to open these..."

Perhaps it's paranoia, perhaps prudent caution with everything that's happened recently. Either way, Ueda goes over the case before anyone can attempt to unlock it, making sure it isn't trapped or otherwise concealing anything.

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Immanuel Ueda wrote:

Ueda watches the Senator and his entourage make their exit, and only breaks his gaze when one of the Rons offers him a tablet. "Intriguing," he says after a while, looking up at the others. "It seems this timeline's Ueda did not sever the same ties as I did. Now I better understand the Senator's hesitance when speaking with me."

He sets the tablet down and moves to one of the black cases, kneeling by it to examine the thing. "He also mentioned you should have made an appearance, Ron. And I think you'll need to open these..."

Perhaps it's paranoia, perhaps prudent caution with everything that's happened recently. Either way, Ueda goes over the case before anyone can attempt to unlock it, making sure it isn't trapped or otherwise concealing anything.

[dice=Engineering]d20+12

The black cases are locked securely but do not appear to be trapped. B-Ron opens one, peaks inside, looks delighted and says, "I know what these are! Good idea, Gabriel."

He drags the cases over to the elevator and invites all of you to, "Come down to the cave in about an hour! Gabriel has ordered us some new toys."

A-Ron is happy to watch B-Ron do all the work and then joins him on the elevator for the trip back down, leaving you all in the lobby of the church.


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

With the Senator gone Scera turned to her companions just in time to see the lift open and the Rons step out. She considered them a moment or two and started to say something only to be cut off by Ueda who delivered the information for her. She stared at the android in shock and waited until the Rons left again before she asked him, "I didn't know that androids could hear thoughts too! I mean when we," she gestured between herself and Vonash, "have passed the information along sure but when we haven't?! I was sure he thought telling the Rons to show up when the person who controls their funding visits only to me, was I wrong?"

As a general rule you can safely assume that I will pass important information on that I glean via telepathy. I ask, though, that when it comes to Thursday posts give me at least until late Friday before doing so. I have very little time to post from when I go to bed Wednesday until I get home from work on Friday evenings.


No, androids can't hear thoughts and the Senator thought that back to Scera. Perhaps I should have made that clearer by putting it under a spoiler.


female lashunta mystic (xenoseaker) 1 | SP 11 | HP 22 | RP 4 | KAC 13; EAC 12 | F -1; R +1; W +7 | Perception +7 | Limited Telepathy 30 ft | Healing Touch 1/d | SP At Will: daze, psychokinetic hand; 1/1 detect thoughts | Spells: 1st-3/3

oh I know but given the way that happened I couldn't help but post that. Spoilering it would be good, I'd suggest bold italics when we're sharing things with out quotes when thinking at each other. Take the suggestion or not as you see fit.


Female N Lashunta Mystic (XenoDruid) Wild Warden 1 | Active Conditions: None | SP 12/12, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 EAC 11. KAC 12 | Fort -1, Ref +2, Will + 6 | Per +5 (low light), Sense Motive | Speed 30 ft | Telepathy 30 ft

"Hmm, this version of me seems a little timid. Ah. I can work with that. Will have to tone down my wardrobe a little for awhile I guess."

Vonash is happy and mellow, smoking the occasional toke (more to stay in her current state than trying to get more stoned). After about an hour she stands up and heads to the lift

"So, you lot coming to see what the Ronnies have for us?"

Regardless, she gets in the lift and heads down


Male EAC:15 KAC:17 |HP:18/18 SP:14/14 RP:5/5 |Fort:3, Ref +4, Will+3 |Init +8 Per+2|Hunting Rifle+7, 1d10 6/6 /45 Soldier 1

Brass skims the notes on his other self. “My other self ended up fighting just like myself but was incarcerated in unfair circumstances. This seems quite odd, the evidence points to a self defense. I wonder if this is due to being an android or something greater.”

Seeing Vonash get up to follow, “Hopefully it will help lighten the somber mood.”


When the elevator reaches the lowest level and opens up onto the cave, you find the black crates are now empty and stacked in a corner. The Chariot has been moved back out of the way so that the main area of the cave is now cleared and empty. The components that were apparently inside are now assembled on poles arranged in a 80 ft by 100 ft rectangle in the main area of the cave.

A-Ron is working with the computers while B-Ron is checking the distances between the poles.

Griffin whistles when he comes in and says mostly to himself, "Wow! Doing it old school."

Seeing you enter, A-Ron presses some buttons and B-Ron jumps as the components he assembled light up. Within a few seconds, a dark purplish version of Tannhauser Memorial Park appears. Griffin moves over to help A-Ron, but A-Ron finds what he was looking for first, and the colors shift into the normal spectrum.

The recreation of the scene at Tannhauser Park you viewed earlier is now a large as life holographic recreation. The angry crowd and the peaceful crowd appear person by person as the computer recognizes each of them as separate objects.

"Welcome to Tannhauser Park," says B-Ron smiling, "60 seconds before your deaths."

851 to 900 of 994 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AGENTS of TAROT: The Tower Rises All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.