Darkened Thresholds - Artifact

Game Master JonGarrett

The Website
Basic Hunter Reference Sheets and Moves
Keeper Reference Sheets
Gemstone Table


801 to 850 of 850 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Charly quickly notices something. Only about half the crowd here reacts to her gaffs the way one would expect a normal person too. The other half seem to see nothing wrong with that.

Kavax doesn't see anyone here. It seems that the problem now includes the grounds, and you'd have to pass through the party. There are gates at the far side of the courtyard that stand open, however. Or behind the small sound stage now occupied by Rose, who is flicking through her phone, should be out the way.

Captain Rose finds the next alarm is in about 45 seconds. The first song to pop up on her phone is Baby Shark. It was very...2019, if nothing else.


Monstrous Charm -1, Cool +1, Sharp +1, Tough =0, Weird +3 | Damage: 0 | XP 0 | Luck 7/7

I really need to switch my avatar around to reflect what form I'm in or something. I *think* I'd said I'd switched back to human form, but I can't remember for sure.

It looked like Captain Rose had an idea for the current situation, so Cheshire kept busy watching the door back into the theater anxiously.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

You did.

Curious, Charly summons a small spark on the tip of her finger as she passes by one of the ones that didn't seem to notice her awkwardness and gives them a small zap, nothing more than enough to get someone's attention.

Think wool socks on carpet, then touching a metal knob kind of zap.


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 0 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 3, RaBS 2

Captain sighed, she could imagine the comments her staff would give for this, but at least they might be freed to make them. Trying to avoid the attention of many people, she tried to get the mic on and her phone volume as turned up as possible...

Cool - Act Under Pressure or Help Out: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

I thought you'd changed back into a cat, for some reason.

Charly's little spark did nothing to the figure. They just looked over and smiled.

Much to the world's great sadness, 'Baby Shark' looks like it will work. Unfortunately playing it the stage mic is going to cause a hideous amount of feedback.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

Seeing the result of that test, she moves over to one of the ones that had reacted as she had expected, tapping them on the shoulder with the same spark dancing on her fingertip.

Feel free to have fun with their reaction at Charly's expense. :)


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

The great dilettante Carlos was schmoozing around. "... So apparently there's this new film star, Clark Gable who's been making waves..."


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 0 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 3, RaBS 2

Captain held her face calm in the knowledge of the multiple ways this was horrible as she watched for others who would recognize her.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The woman Charly tapped jumped and looked at her. "What the hell was that?"

Captain Rose began to play the terrible song into the mic. It immediately began to sound even worse than usual as microphone feedback screeched horrifically.

Carlos, do you want to try making that test again?


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Try Again!: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Carlos remembers who - and where - he is. Sadly, his clothes also return to normal. Sadder still most of the party-goers don't seem to be snapping out of it. Perhaps the feedback was making the music too hard to hear, or the trap had a stronger hold on them.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

"Sorry! Sorry, I just wanted to see if you would react like I was expecting. Some of the people seemed to be, ah, out of touch, and I think they're illusions and... and now I've just made a bigger fool of myself," she spits rapidly until she sees the glare being leveled her way and she slumps as her words slow. "I guess I put a little too much zip in the zap. Are you okay?"

She looks up at the woman, her blue eyes wide, letting her see the contrition in them, and her cheeks burning dull red with embarrassment. Charly knew she wasn't the best with people and part of her wondered if she should just start walking away and looking for the person that was the anchor to all of this, or to see if Anne-Marie had gotten caught up in this trap as well.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The woman gave Charly an odd look. "Why would you zap people at a party? How did you zap me? Do you have a tazer?" She paused, looking baffled for a moment. "What's a tazer again?"


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

Oh, that's interesting.

"Nope, that would have left you on the ground. Tazers have a lot more of a kick. I just used a bit of static build up to zap," Charly says as she looks down at her dress, which is rather close fitting from the neck down to about her hip. "Besides, where would I put it, even a small hand-held one would leave a bulge under this."

She looks around, wishing one of the others were here, but seeing that she was alone for the moment, decides to keep trying.

"So, you were asking about tazers? Do you want the technical explanation or the layman's one?"


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 1/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 3/5

Kavax sighed at not finding anyone helpful, and turned back to watch what the others were doing. This whole magic trap thing was irritating. They really needed to get around to unravelling it. Idly, he looked around and sniffed at the air, trying to detect if there were any unpleasant creatures sneaking up on any of the spread out members of the crew.

Read a Bad Situation: 2d6 - 1 ⇒ (4, 5) - 1 = 8

Are there any dangers we haven't noticed?


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 0 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 3, RaBS 2

Her gaze flickered around the room and after a horrible minute, Captain attempted to readjust her phone to get better sound quality for a bit longer. If it doesn't seem to work, she would turn the torture device off and find a way out of as out of sight as possible to figure out her next move...

Cool: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Carlos looks around for a moment before realizing where he was, "What happened there? Everyone okay? Why are you all looking so funny?" He moves up to Kavax, hoping that the being would give him some semblance of reality, "So..." He trailed off, "... Let's see if we can find a solution to this trap, can you sense anything out of the ordinary?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The woman gave Charly a look. "They're little boxes that shoot two prongs and pump 50,000 volts into what they hit." She winces. "How do I know that? And how to strip an assault rifle?"

Captain Rose was able to find a sweet spot, and the full might of Baby Shark blares over the speakers. Most of the people who were acting normally look deeply annoyed, then confused as to why they looked annoyed. The lady Charly is talking to winces and holds her head.

One person dances.

Kavax:
The lights are flickering very slightly. You feel something is somehow deeply wrong, but you can't say why. It feels like death, devastation and suffering. It feels like home.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

"Yeah, this place doesn't like to let go," Charly says as she winces in sympathetic reaction. "So did you have to get shot with one before they let you carry, too?"

Woo! Getting to use Charly's background as an ex-rookie cop. :D


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 0 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 3, RaBS 2

GM:
If Charly is talking to one of Captain's/Adalet's people, tasers are not within protocol outside of threats that are only weak against electricity, because there are more effective and less risky less-lethal options for general work (since they can no longer be called a non-lethal option) and plenty of non-lethal options with fewer legal restrictions. Whether that operator has done that is up to you. Also while most of Adalet's ex-military have a lot of assault weapon experience, very few of them carry regularly as Captain does. Perk of her position and notorious.

Captain allowed the person dancing to continue for bit longer before turning the torture alarm off. After attempting to send a message on her status before pocketting her phone, Captain held her gun tightly while she tried to get lost in the crowd and move along any familiar spaces as far from the centre of this place as she could figure.


Monstrous Charm -1, Cool +1, Sharp +1, Tough =0, Weird +3 | Damage: 0 | XP 0 | Luck 7/7

Cheshire was growing increasingly antsy. This was taking too long, that thing was probably going to come, and having a bunch of convenient snacks was not going to make it easy to fight. They needed to get everyone away from the theater now.

Say... what would get a lot of people to get far away from a building quickly?

A fire.

Now he didn't want to actually set fire to the building. But just the sound of fire alarms, maybe a bit of the scent of smoke? That might do the trick.

Quietly he started weaving some magic together... some illusionary sounds and smells wouldn't be too hard to make.

Use Magic: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The woman shook her head. "Not a cop," she gasped.

Baby Shark was replaced by the wail of a fire alarm as Captain Rose ceased her music and Cheshire took up his. The illusion was perfect enough to make the crowd gasp and begin to head towards the gate.

Which slammed shut.

"Oh dear, you lot really don't know what you're doing, do you?" The voice of the vampiress came from behind and above Carlos. "I'd say you have a minute before it starts eating the guests."


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

Did Charly hear that they have about a minute?

"I was one," Charly says as alarms blare and the gates clang shut. The noise almost overwhelms her, but she manages to block out most of what is going on.

Figured I'd ask now, I want to do some Big Magic and create a bubble that blocks the influence of this place that includes the gates. I want to give the people here an out. Barring that, what would I roll to figure out a way to pull whatever is at the center of this mess out in the open where we can kill it?


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

The wailing of the false alarm reminds Carlos to wake up and stop joking around, the haze of the time warp seemed to have finally wore off. He made a mental note to ask what transpired in those last few minutes, because he felt like something wasn't quite right.

He hears the voice above him and makes a sharp turn to her, "You again!" It was true, they really had no idea what it took to stop this thing; but he was going to try something. "Charly, Cheshire! You both have magical talent right?" He frantically thought of lore and notes from the time before but couldn't come up with anything particular to deal with this. "If we pool our strength together maybe we can stop this thing! Rule of Threes!"

Charly, Cheshire, Carlos. All start with C. C being the third letter of the alphabet. It was a sign, I know it is.

Truth was, he didn't know, but he had heard enough fables, stories and myths to know there was something about this; whether it was something good or not was yet to be determined...

Can we do some sort of Big Magic here?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Over the sirens, Charly probably wouldn't have heard it. Give me a straight up 2d6 roll. Over 7 and you notice the vampire. Over 10 and you hear what she said.

The vampire tilted her head. "A viable plan. It might even work." She didn't sound very sure of this, kicking her feet in the air as she watched what would happen.

You have the time to put something together. I would suggest you pop over to discussion and make a plan. Reember to use all your 'resources'.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Charly barely hears the words she said, but she does notice the vampire and rushes to help Calros even as he shouts for her.

"Yeah I have some, through I'm better at the zappy kind," she says, her eyes not leaving the vampire. She puts one hand onto Carlos' arm and he can feel her trembling in fear. "What do you need?"


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 1/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 3/5

Kavax nodded to Carlos, a trickle of sulphurous smoke drifting from his nostrils.

"Yeah, I was about to say that this place was starting to feel kind of comfy, and that's almost always a bad sign. You do whatever it is you're doing; I'm going to go punch that gate down."

He then eyed the vampiress. She knew more about what was going on here than she was letting on, he was sure of it.
"And you... This all smells familiar. Feels too much like home. I don't even remember what my home is, aside from that it's probably bad. But it's starting to look like you do, don't you?"

Kavax waited for half a moment to see how she would respond, before heading for the gate. Hopefully one of these trapped people would be lucid enough to hold the unconscious lady while he smashed things.

Now that we've actually encountered a monster that can talk, Kavax is going to use his advancement to pick up What are You Looking At? from his playbook. Which means that mrs. vampire probably recognizes him, for better or worse. It also means that Kavax gets to make her spill something.


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

He looks around and considers the situation before asking Cheshire, "You mentioned you found something under the stage... What was it?"

The hunter looks toward Captain Rose, "Captain! Above!" He gestures with some hand signals. The situation was going south fast and they needed a way out of here. His hand signals are stopped by Charly's hand reaching onto his arm, "Not sure right now. We're going to need something and we're going to need all the information."

Stalling for the discussion tab lol.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Stall away. I'm happy to give you a couple of days, to see what you guys come up with.

The vampires eyes widened as she looked closely at Kavax, perhaps for the first time. She stopped moving. "Know? Nothing. There are stories, though. Rumours I heard when I was young. That the thing here was just a person, once. That something was called into them to guard the ritual done here. That when enough are done, something else would be called..." She narrowed her eyes at Kavax, the words tumbling from her lips in a rush. Her body had clearly switched from bemusement to fight or flight, with much more emphasis on flight.


Monstrous Charm -1, Cool +1, Sharp +1, Tough =0, Weird +3 | Damage: 0 | XP 0 | Luck 7/7

"Whatever it is that's trapped down there. When I realized it was waking up I high-tailed it out of there and didn't stick around to look."


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 0 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 3, RaBS 2

Captain spotted the hand gestures before Carlos's arm disappeared behind dozens of heads. At least he was more in his right mind now, that should help them deal with this souring situation.

As she looked for other familiar faces, Captain tried to investigate a route out now that the gates had slammed shut. Preferably one she could shoot repeatedly or use one of her fancy grenades. She hadn't yet had a chance to use one of the new mycobiota ones... an old building like this would probably be ripe for it and most of them were quite non-lethal.

She followed protocol and used a "pen" from her pocket to get readings and test for weaknesses...

Investigate a Mystery: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14
Hold 2, Use 1: What can hurt it?
Using 2 Read a Bad Situations: What is the best way to protect the victims and what's my best way out?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Unlike most stories, vampires can be hurt by most mortal weapons. Killing them is significantly more challenging. Destroying there heart is the traditional method, but not the only one. Fire and decapitation should also do the job. Strong belief - often in a higher power but sometimes in friends, magic, or science - can force them back, but won't harm them.

The vampire is clearly not the threat. At least, not right now. Whatever is rising from below the stage seems to be the one that has sealed the gates. It might be possible to break its hold on the area, temporarily, and open the gates again.


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 1/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 3/5

Kavax snorted out a cloud of smoke.

"Stories, and fragmented memories. Sometimes I wonder if I really want to know. Sounds like I was right, and it is still too early, though. Eh, busy now, I'll deal with it later."

He walked off toward the gate, shouldering his way through any crowd up to the front. Finding the most lucid-looking member of the crowd, he tried to hand off his passenger.

"Here, hold this unconscious lady. Don't drop her, alright? I'm going to punch that door down."


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

He had hoped for better news from Cheshire, "Well. I guess we should do something even if that might blow us up. There are worse things than death in our line of business."

Investigate: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6

He has no idea how to handle the situation, and he tries his best to hold in his lack of ideas.

This whole thing has been a damned mess.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

By the way, I just realized that Carlos last saw Charly in a frumpy, but comfortable outfit of hoodie, jeans, and a ponytail. Now, she's in a glamorous gown of shimmering navy and her hair is in an elaborate coif held together by combs. He seemed to take that rather in stride.

Charly looks from Cheshire to Carlos and frowns. She hadn't seen Carlos not have an idea of what to do before, admittedly, she hadn't really known the man that long.

"Oh forget this moping around! I think it's pretty clear what we need to do. Now, are you going to help me or not," Charly asks before spinning around, her dress swirling like storm clouds around her legs. Thunder rumbles as Charly's eyes blaze with crackling blue-white fire. Her mind reaches out for a power she'd felt before in the woods when she'd known how to end the cycle of bloodshed that had replayed over and over again. She says a brief prayer for guidance and wisdom before she tries to tap into that swirling maelstrom of power.

Charly's going to try and create a bubble centered on herself and reaching out past the gate where whatever is creating this madhouse of horrors cannot affect things nor enter. If she can, she wants to break its control entirely over this area. She's going to be doing this with lightning, lots and lots of lightning. *sigh* and it was such a pretty dress too.

Big Magic (+1 from Inhuman talent if allowed): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 + 1 = 5 Uh oh.

Blue-white lines begin to glow on Charly's skin, a strange combination of celtic knots and iconography mixing seamlessly with ancient Japanese kanji. Thunder rumbles and crackles all around as arcs of lightning cascade down from her shoulders and down her hair as it unravels itself from the stylish updo it had been arranged in. For a moment, it appears that Charly will be giving them an impressive display of power as her arms rise like a maestro about to conduct an orchestra of master musicians. Then, her shoulders tense. Something is wrong, the other two magic users in the party, even Kavax can feel it as things go awry.

So, GM, what does Charly's Critical Failure do? I imagine you're going to be having fun with this one.


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 1/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 3/5

Oh, and just in case we're going on at the same time.

Kavax slammed into the gate, testing if it could be overcome by supernatural physical force. He'd add magic later if it seemed necessary.

Tough: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

Well, we're all doing badly


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Carlos only recognizes his malaise for a second before getting pulled by Charly into a small circle. The power was wild, not unlike the pure malice of an efreet or the primal energy of a pygmy.

"What are you doing?! You're drawing an insane amount of energy here!"

It's too late, he sees the tension in her shoulders.

"Cheshire, find some weak point! Anything to direct this away from us! I'll try to funnel it somewhere!"

Big Magic: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

He tries his best to hold the energy brought forth by Charly, and feels the ground swell up. Carlos swiftly dashes his own arm with his obsidian blade and lets out a howl, he wasn't ready for the pain that was amplified by the magical pressures. Kneeling on the floor he draws a constellation with the blood that was flowing out, putting his own life into the floor.

This place was built with a few points, if only he could remember where he might be able to give Cheshire a hand.

Under Pressure: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 = 9

Despite it all he seems to be able to remember some of what transpired all those years ago. "Feel it! I know you can feel the weak point!" He takes a deep breath, "Trust your instincts!"

Not sure if Often Right can occur here, but if so +1 Ongoing


Monstrous Charm -1, Cool +1, Sharp +1, Tough =0, Weird +3 | Damage: 0 | XP 0 | Luck 7/7

Cheshire hisses at the sight of what's going on with Charly. "Don't go starting without warning us!" he snaps, but it was too late now to complain.

He does his best to link with Carlos and aim the wild magic build-up, trying to focus both himself and the energies in the air. He 'feels' around, searching for somewhere in the trap holding everyone here to 'strike' with the power he was trying to channel.

Big Magic: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14

Well there's a good roll. Let me know if I need to roll any others.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Kavax quickly discovered force was not getting the gates open. Or at least not the force he could muster. The gate didn't even move, which given the pure mass of Kavax, was impressive.

Charly, Cheshire and Carlos worked together in an attempt to pummel there way through the magic around the area. Cheshire's eyes flashed across the area, not seeing much of anything until he looked up. There was...something off about the sky. It looked fractured, despire being black-on-black. Directing the magic there would break the hold on the area.

Pointing it out, Charly began to tunnel up. The magic in the area rebelled, resisting as the static electricity snapped across the area. Loose hair rose but the party goes stayed put, even as the false people and clothes flickered.

Carlos joined in after, forcing the spell to stabilize. The magic snapped, allowing Kavax to open the gate. The spell snapped, and the people dropped to there knees screaming as the illusion was torn roughly from there minds.

The edges of the area flickered, however, as the false reality attempted to reassert itself. Lightning flickered at the edges, but it was clear that the spell holding it back was not stable. There simply was enough power, even with all three casters behind it.

You guys need to move relatively fast before the spell asserts itself. The bulk of the folks are not in a state to move, and there are eight of them to move. Have fun!


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

So, Is there line of sight for Charly to teleport to the people and out of the fray?


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

You can teleport around to people, then jump them out, sure. You'll just need to roll for each jump, and keep in mind you can only carry one person at a time.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

As the illusion fades, Charly's dress remains. She doesn't stay around for any comments. She sees what she has to do and the energy is already crackling around as she does a count and fixes her eyes on the person furthest from the gates.

Use Magic (Lightning Teleport, Inhuman Talent): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 + 1 = 8 1 complication

A bolt of lightning erupts from where Charly had been standing and arcs over to where the person she'd been looking at is lying on the ground clutching their head. As the crack echoes across the courtyard, Charly appears and reaches down to grab their arm, though she hasn't a prayer of hauling them to their feet. Hauling them to their feet isn't what she has in mind, however, and she looks at the gate, praying the bubble will hold before reaching into the wellspring of power raging inside of her once more.

Use Magic (Lightning Teleport, Inhuman Talent): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 + 1 = 7 2 complications

Lightning arcs once more, the bolt more wild this time. A slipper lands only two or three yards from where the bolt started and it's mate bounces along leaving a smoke trail behind about halfway to the gate. Charly and her passenger reappear about fifteen feet past the gate. The person she'd been trying to save slumps onto the ground while Charly spins as momentum carries her a few more yards. She recovers, hopping on one barefoot for a moment before lining up her next target. Lightning crackles again around her as she pulls in more power to fuel the spell.

Use Magic (Lightning Teleport, Inhuman Talent): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 2 + 1 = 11 Still only 2 Complications

Back into the courtyard she goes with another crack before the last one had finished rattling the windows. Charly skids to a stop as she reappears next to another person reeling from the backlash breaking the spell caused. She grabs onto their arms and looks back to where she'd left the first person. She concentrates and another bolt of lightning arcs through the courtyard.

Use Magic (Lightning Teleport, Inhuman Talent): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 + 1 = 13 Still only 2 complications, but I'm not sure that the GM wants me zipping back and forth eight times all in one go. I'm more than happy to keep going if he just wants to hit Charly with all of the bad stuff at once.

The two of them reappear where the bolt lands outside of the gate. She lets her second rescue go as she turns and looks for the next person in danger.

Last jump this post just to get her back into the line of fire.
Use Magic (Lightning Teleport, Inhuman Talent): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 + 1 = 5
Welp, that happened. I'm guessing things are about to get really bad for the lightning bug.

A fifth bolt launches itself across the courtyard, but something about this one is wrong. Maybe is the timbre of the crack. Perhaps it's the arc of the bolt. It could be the way the bubble's walls pulse as she cast the spell. Whatever it is, something is wrong.


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 1/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 3/5

Act Under Pressure: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 1 = 9
Alright, so there'll be a choice or price to this, so I'll leave exact specifics vauge.

"No time for standing around, people. Time to go."

Being already near the gate where most of the people were gathered, and figuring some minor bruising was probably better than still being in here when it all came down, Kavax went with the simple solution. He started grabbing people and physically tossing them through the gate, though he tried to leave the feeblest-looking people for others.


Human Level 2 Expert - Harm 3/7 - Luck 7/7 - Exp 0/5 - Charm: -1 - Cool: +1 - Sharp: +2 - Tough: 0 - Weird: +2 - Holds: None

Carlos heard the peal of thunder coming from the young woman and realized that it had worked. Now to what extent he was unsure, but he knew they had to act quickly. He heard the deep voice of Kavax and when the apocalyptic monster said things were going to break and go bad... he knew to trust him.

He moved up to the closest person, "We need to go. Now! Come on, up with me."

Convince: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8 Using Sharp in place of Charm.

The words came out coolly. He wasn't entirely sure how or why, whether it was the vampre bite or a fraction of the charismatic entrepreneur he was for a brief moment; he knew what they needed to hear.

"Captain Rose says to get on your feet. There will be a helluva report if you don't make it out and you know how she gets."

Close enough.


Monstrous Charm -1, Cool +1, Sharp +1, Tough =0, Weird +3 | Damage: 0 | XP 0 | Luck 7/7

Cheshire jogged over to one of the people no one else was taking care of.

"Come on, get out of here. You don't want to get eaten or whatever's about to happen. Maybe just get your life force drained or memories stolen."

Charm: 2d6 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3) - 1 = 6

That was, perhaps, not the best approach


Professional | Armour +2 | Harm 0 | Luck 0 Used | Experience - ||| Charm -1 | Cool +2 | Sharp +2 | Tough +1 | Weird 0 ||| Holds: IaM 3, RaBS 2

Captain sighed. Lips pressed hard together - she hoped whatever this threat was that they didn't have the capacity to use the additional magic energy to fortify themselves and that the non-protocol magic use wouldn't turn to more to harm before the victims could be freed.

Time not on their side, Captain did as she always did - followed protocol. Area assessed, it was time to clear the area. Securing her weapon, she lifted the nearest familiar face that looked unable to walk into a fireman carry in a smooth second nature movement. She let out shrill whistle and a piercing look towards those Cheshire was talking to and with a round move out gesture, she went to move them out.

Help Out for Cheshire's actions: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7

Leave No One Behind: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 Captain will take harm to get someone out.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The team began to move as quickly as possible to move people out. Charly used her magic to move people faster than most could. After the first something went oddly wrong. Perhaps it was the quantity of magic in the air. Perhaps it was the conflict between the altered reality and the spell.

Either way, it started raining thunderbolts.

Kavax discovered that moving closer to the gate was blocked by the lightning. It would be entirely possible to go through it...but he would need to take a bolt while protecting the person he was carrying out.

If you wanna get the guy out, you're going to take 1 Harm.

Carlos and Cheshire begin trying to convince people to move. They seemed dazed, confused and not entirely willing to move. At least not until they saw Captain Rose. It was unclear how people in such pain could go even more pale, and yet it happened.

Captain Rose pulled one of the injured through the lightning, taking a strike from of the bolts as she moved the person out.

As Charly dumped another person out, something happened. The caster suddenly went rigid, her face alarmed, and then she vanished with a small Pop!

Charly:
You barely recognize the main stage before something washes over you.

Can I get a Weird from you, please?


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 5/5 | Holds:

Just a note, Charly got an advance, but I haven't picked one out yet.

By the pricking of my thumb...:

Weird: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7 Whew, just barely...

Charly only has a moment to look around in confused panic, wondering why she isn't seeing the courtyard or the spectre that had descended on her with a mouth wide open. She sees the stage and recognizes it as she hears a rushing sound above her. Looking up, she screams in surprise just as the deluge hits.


Monstrous Charm -1, Cool +1, Sharp +1, Tough =0, Weird +3 | Damage: 0 | XP 0 | Luck 7/7

Cheshire hissed and spit. This was the last thing they needed. Maybe he could at least get that storm to go elsewhere. He didn't much care where as long as it wasn't in the way.

Going over his illicit knowledge of magic, he tried to weave a little magic wind together to push the impossible storm away.

Use Magic: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11


Ratings: Charm +0 Cool +1 Sharp -1 Tough +3 Weird +1 |Harm 1/7 Unstable? no | Luck 7/7 | Experience 3/5

Kavax snorted and took a bolt. It didn't hurt nearly as much as proper lightning should anyway, and these other people were much squishier than he was. Once they'd gotten the potential victims out, he turned back to see if he could tell where the... whatever it was was going to show up.

Also, Kavax is pretty confident he could carry two people at a time, unless they're being annoyingly wiggly. Don't know if it matters in this case, though.

801 to 850 of 850 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkened Threshold - Artifact All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.