GM Dak - Shattered Star 2

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 4: A Legacy of Wrath

Pics | Maps | Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Fireday, 2nd of Arodus 4712 AR
Curent Day: Starday, 3rd of Arodus 4712 AR


401 to 450 of 2,202 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Perception:

Amelexis: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Bixby: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Davor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Verris: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

There are a few hushed whispers. Veris is pretty sure she overhears a womans voice say something about 'no Natalya here'. Shortly after the goblin speaks up again "No Natalya... just gobbos. Get Gurk and we talk, otherwise you leave!"


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

"See? Just Goblins!" Gurk repeats.


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

With the party at an impasse, Lexi begins to lose focus, her loaded crossbow slowly shifting until it's again pointed into the heart of the party. The aasimar lass catches herself in the bad habit and shifts her eyes back in the direction they came, on the lookout for any enemies who might try to circle around behind the party while the discussion with the goblins is ongoing.

Alas, the girl again proves unreliable, her eyes fixating on a tall, rather crooked tower rising high above the other buildings in the district, yet still dwarfed and hidden in the shadows of the mighty ruins of the Irespan. Falling into what appears to be a trance, the girl begins to sing softly in a squeaky yet not unpleasant voice:

"Mumble Mumble Scarecrow,
Alone in the maize.
Sleeping in the daytime,
A stitched man he stays.
But when the moon she rises,
Up Mumble gets.
He shakes his hands at first
And moves his feet the next.
And when the dog is snoring,
And when you’re fast asleep,
Mumble Mumble Scarecrow
Will find you good to eat."

Amelexis Dusk Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby hisses back to the rest of the group.

"They will only talk to Gurk--bring him up here!" he says as quietly as he can while still trying to maintain his deception.

"Uh--hold on. He coming. Gurp and Gurk be brothers. Gurk come say words. He not accidentally read--he still speak goblin words. He talk to Natalya?"

bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The one goblin speaking simply replies "Ok."

Are you actually sending Gurk in?


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Lexi snaps out of her strange reverie long enough to try to wave Gurk into the building. Then she tries to act as lookout again...but is soon quietly singing some new lyrics to the creepy song under her breath:

"Silly Skinny Scarecrow,
Alone in a haze.
Dreaming in the daytime,
Bewitched girl she stays.
But when a book is opened
Scarecrow’s mind awakes
And from a horrid memory
Clinging cobwebs shakes.
Devouring tomes by candlelight
When good folk are asleep,
Silly Skinny Scarecrow
From fallow fields will creep."

Amelexis Dusk Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 8

GM Dak wrote:
Are you actually sending Gurk in?

I guess that's ultimately up to Gurk. :)

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Yeah, I think we'll need Gurk at this point.


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Verris heads back across the beam as she hears Gurk tell the others that there are only goblins there.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

When she reaches the other side she pulls aside Davor and Adistan and whispers to them to avoid being overheard. "What Gurk said ain't true. I heard a woman say "No Natalya here" to the goblins. Could be Natalya herself? Don't know why Gurk is lyin' but I don't like it. Might be best to tie him up fer now just in case Bixby was right and he is actually workin' with them. I can try talkin' to the woman inside. See if I can persuade her to come out and talk to us without a fight."

Sorry Gurk, but Verris knows there's more than just goblins inside. :P


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Lexi's ocean-blue eyes turn toward Verris when her fellow aasimar returns, but when she's not included in the conversation, she blinks once and returns to her lookout duties. The strange young woman sings a third set of lyrics to the tune that's obviously stuck in her head:

"Rumble Rumble Tummy,
Middle of the day.
No nibbles since breakfast,
A hungry girl I stay.
But now it’s intermission,
So up sweet Lexi gets.
She digs into her coin purse
Her hunger to un-whet.
A honey mead in one hand,
And a pie all filled with meat,
Peace my Rumblin’ Tummy
These goodies I shall eat!"

"I wonder who'll be fighting at The Serpent's Run next week?," the skinny weirdo asks herself quietly; then her tone gets dreamy. "Ooh, hopefully Jonas Cenus! And with the weather getting hot, he might go armorless!"

"You won't ever get to see Jonas Cenus again if you fail your friends by not doing a good job as lookout!" the girl chides herself, seemingly regaining her focus and ceasing her incessant singing.

Amelexis Dusk Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 18


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Oblivious to the strange singing outside, Temmer waits below.

"We seem to be at an impasse if we stop Gurk," he says. "They're not going to do anything with out him, regardless of Copperpot's magic, but we apparently can't trust him. Seeing if you have better luck might be our best option, but I wouldn't be surprised if that brings the goblins down on us."

I think Verris' plan might be best, albeit just blocking Gurk instead of tying him up.


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

These longshanks no know how to make choices, Gurk thinks, shaking his head. Switching to goblin, he shouts, "Ti'm out ket. Ti tod se longshanks tam absc, yi et vol'tah li'!"

Goblin:
"I'm out here. I told these longshanks to leave, but they won't listen!"

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"They seem to like you Shortshank. How about you introduce us to her? we're your friends too right? I don't see why we can't all be friends. Let's go."

Davor follows Gurk inside. He crawls on all fours over the plank, not even trying to balance on it...


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Lexi comes out of her daydream about a shirtless gladiator long enough to make a meaningful contribution to the mission: "You know, if Natalya IS in there and there's some secret back door out of this dump, she could be long gone if we keep on dithering like old ladies going through the scarf box at a flea market."

Having said her peace, the strange girl giggles at the imagery before going back to her lookout duties or daydreaming...likely the former, as her eyes seem focused, at least for the moment.

Amelexis Dusk Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Verris nods at Adistan's reply and shrugs as Davor leads Gurk back towards the room with the goblins. She follows the pair and prepares herself for negotiations if things look like they might get violent.

As she passes Lexi and Bixby, she quietly informs them of hearing a non-goblin woman speaking and what she said, highlighting how it likely means Gurk was lying when he said there were only goblins present in the hut.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Davor-Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Davor slowly crawls across the plank on his hands and knees, he eventually makes it to the other side with Gurk. Gurk shouts out something in goblin. Davor spots an overwhelming number of goblins in the room as well as what looks like two insectoid creatures that have two pairs of bat wings, a tangle of thin legs, and a needle-sharp proboscis.

Initiative:

Adistan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Amelexis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Bixby: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Davor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Gurk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Verris: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Enemy-G: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Enemy-N: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Enemy-S: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

One of the goblins hiding behind some crates across the room launches a shot with his crossbow at Davor.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8

The bolt flies wide though and misses.

Round 1
> Lexi,
Enemy-G, Adistan/Bixby, Enemy-S/Enemy-N, Gurk/Verris/Davor

Remember to get across to the other room, it is an acrobatics check DC10 to avoid falling into the muck below. If you jump down into the muck intentionally and want to climb out, up the wall it is a DC 15 Climb

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"Looks like we found the ra... err... the spider's nest!! FORMATION! git behind me!!" yells Davor, raising his shield at the incoming crossbow bolt (and somewhat relieves the goblin missed him entirely)

Dear GM: would you mind switching my avatar in Roll20 to the Hanspur-worshipping, fun-loving Davor? :)


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

"Oh dear--hostilities!"

Lexi steps up to the doorway to make sure all her allies are in range and then repeats the information she imparted to Adistan a day earlier when the pair had met Bixby and Gurk at the docks: "Goblins: Short of stature, most having an innate mischievousness about them...and a generally destructive love of fire. Hate dogs and horses. Will eat almost anything...or try to. Allegedly dwell in parts of our sewage system--probably came from those big pipes in the wall!. Typical humanoid weak points, such as the jugular, various arteries, the head, and the heart. Can see in the dark."

5-foot step and start bardic performance (naturalist) as a standard action. Naturalist bestows a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls (but not damage rolls). Against more complex monsters, it'd also give a +1 to certain saving throws.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

Sweet! thanks for the AC boost!

"Amelexis! what's this verbal diarrhea?! translate that to half-orc please!"

Somehow the amazingly fast-paced information overload makes the half-orc more cautious, and he looks about, insightful...


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

"Um...swing down at them, defend low, and don't let them set you on fire. That about covers it...."


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

"Gurk try tell longshanks not to come in," Gurk scolds, unhappy with the predicament.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Lexi starts spouting off information about goblins, even with the amount of info, it somehow gives you some insight.

The one goblin who shot off a bolt, spends his time reloading while the rest attack their only non-goblin target, Davor.

Attack-P: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Attack-B: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Attack-Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4

The first goblin, up in the rafters launches and arrow that strikes Davor in the shoulder. The rest seem to have horrible aim and either miss, or plonk into his shield.

The red goblin shouts something out to Gurk in goblin "Shin kuna cin amana ne? Muna kashe masu cin amana! Idan ba ku ci amanar mu ba, ku dai ku fita daga hanya ko taimako!"

Goblin:
"Are you traitor? We kill traitors! If you have not betrayed us, you either get out of the way or help!"

He then turns to the little flying insects and says "Bite!" as he points at Davor.

Round 1
Lexi, Enemy-G, > Adistan/Bixby, Enemy-S/Enemy-N, Gurk/Verris/Davor

Just to note, since I don't believe I specified, the ones with the crossed out circle are up on the rafters overhead.

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby looks on in alarm as the goblins attack.

"THIS is what goblins do! Why can no one see this!?" he complains.

He moves to get a clear view of the red-clad goblin, then casts daze at it.

The illusion goblin draws a bow and fires an illusion arrow at a goblin in the rafters, but misses.

Daze, DC 14 Will


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

[ spoiler=Status]
HP 12/12
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15, CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects)
Effects: +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls (but not damage rolls)
[/spoiler]

Temmer treads across the beam carefully, no more difficult than on a beam on the ships he used to call home, and studies the foes studied target on "white/transparent" as he pulls his scimitar.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 16


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Bixby moves to the other side of the room in the muck, where he can just see the goblin near Gurk. Casting a spell, the goblin stands there in a daze.

Adistan moves along the beam, seeing the wide array of goblins, he watches them closely looking for an opening.

Just remember that one is on the rafters overhead, so your scimitar won't do much

The two insects fly towards Davor, following the goblins command and attack.

Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

One of them latches onto Davor and begins to suck Davor's blood

-1 Con

Round 1
Lexi, Enemy-G, Adistan/Bixby, Enemy-S, > Gurk/Verris/Davor, Enemy-N


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Oh, sorry, didn't realize that. I'll pick a different one -- purple.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

Davor AoO on mosquitoe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 dmg on number: 1d2 ⇒ 1 mosquitoe.

Bad dice!!! BAD! :(


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Verris moves across the beam and slides past her companions, stopping between Bixby's illusion and Davor.

She shouts at the goblins, saying "Why are ye attackin' us? We don't want to hurt ye but I will defend myself and my companions if I need to!"

Verris would be trying to persuade the goblins to stop attacking and talk, but RAW requires 1 minute of continuous talking while in combat for the attempt, which seems excessive.

She accentuates her point by firing her bow at the purple goblin in the rafters, with Lexi's advice seeming to help her aim somehow.

Attack (Longbow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Damage? (Longbow): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

@Adistan: I think the purple, blue and clear/normal goblins are all on the rafters


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

"This be all you longshanks fault. Gurk say no enter, then longshanks enter! Gurk not wanting you longshanks killing friend goblins," Gurk shouts, moving against the wall out of the way.

"Hie sa't nok garg. Gurk ser weq 'si."

Goblin:
"I not kill fellow friend goblins. Gurk told them to stay out."

Gurk will be stepping aside against the wall and out of the way of all the flying projectiles. He has yet to make an aggressive stance against either side. Figure he doesn't want to hurt the goblin guardians, but won't turn against the party unless his 'new friend' begins pressuring him to do so.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Verris is right. The only one currently able to be meleed is red. Green and yellow could potentially, but you would have to figure out how to get over to them.


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

OK, let's go with red then for the moment. Sorry for my lack of reading ability. :)


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Davor, you still have your normal turn action.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor
GM Dak wrote:
Davor, you still have your normal turn action.

Sorry I missed that!

Davor attempts to remove the offending mosquitoes from his person!

Trident: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 dmg
Bite: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 dmg

"GURK! SNAP OUT OF IT AND SHANK THE GOBLIN WITH THE MOSQUITOES, OTHERWISE NO SHINIES FROM OUR BOSS LADY! WE'LL TELL HER YOU'RE OUT OF THE TEAM! IF YOU CAN'T SHANK GOBLINS, AT LEAST SHANK MOSQUITOES!!"

I must be building up some major future karma with these dice rolls...


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Gurk talks back to the goblin and presses himself against the wall in an attempt to avoid fighting or being hit by one of the many arrows sailing through the room. Verris takes a shot at one of the goblins up in the rafters, but misses as the arrow hits a rafter instead of the intended goblin.

Davor attempts to swat of the one insect sucking his blood with his trident but can't get at the right angle and misses the little thing.

A woman who had apparently been hiding up in the rafters shows herself, she looks kind of like Bixby's illusion from before, but much prettier. She shouts out to the group "I won't go back to Lady Heidmarch, she is a fool and not worth my time. Leave now, of you will all die here!"

She starts intoning arcane words and looks Verris in the eyes.

Verris:
DC14 Will Save, you get a +5 on the save. If you fail you consider the woman to be a good friend and would head her word. If you succeed you realize something was tugging at your mind trying to exert some influence over it.

Round 2
> Lexi,
Enemy-G, Adistan/Bixby, Enemy-S, Gurk/Verris/Davor, Enemy-N


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

GM Dak:

Will Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 5 = 27

Not that it matters with that roll (:D) but I included my normal +2 bonus on top of the +5 you mentioned. When you mentioned a bonus did you mean on top of my standard modifiers? Just for future reference.

Verris' eyes widen for a moment, then narrow in annoyance as she glares back at Natalya. "That ain't gonna work on me! Why are you fightin' us? You know Lady Heidmarch ain't gonna give up easily. Even if you beat us, which you won't, she'll just send more folk after you!"

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"ALRIGHT little lady... we're leaving! just tell your goblins here to cease fire! Lady Heidmarch just seemed concerned about you, and hired us to find out if you were ok. But she didn't hire us to die in some sewer hole. We're out of here, and we respect your wish for privacy, and we'll pass them to Lady Heidmarch. Tell them to call off those bloodsuckers off me!!"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

@Verris Bonus is on top of your normal stuff. @Davor Are you actually planning to leave or are you bluffing, if the later please give a bluff check.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

I'm actually planning to leave. This is a death trap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3
Davor Riverside wrote:
I'm actually planning to leave. This is a death trap.

It's a suicide rap.


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Lexi stays put, delaying to see how things play out.

Thanks to her Lingering Performance feat, anyone who'd like to fight a goblin despite Gurk's protestations gains the +1 bonuses mentioned previously.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The goblins hold their shots for the time being, to see if the group actually withdraws.

Round 2
>Adistan/Bixby/Lexi,
Enemy-G, , Enemy-S, Gurk/Verris/Davor, Enemy-N

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby's illusion goblin fires an arrow at the enemies in the rafters, but the arrow missies. Bixby looks on in alarm as Davor retreats.

"Fail to complete our mission?! Nonsense!" he says.

Renewing his assault, he casts daze on the ochre-clad goblin (top right). DC 14 Will


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Bixby's bravado is just what's needed to prod Lexi into action. She crosses the plank bridge deftly and trains her crossbow on one of the goblins in the rafters.

Amelexis Dusk Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

I'm assuming the movement with Acrobatics is at half speed, so getting to where her token is would be a double move.


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

"No! Bad longshanks! Longshanks leave!" Gurk cries, urging them away.


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Status:

HP 12/12
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15, CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects)
Effects: +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls (but not damage rolls), studied target (red)

Temmer winces as whatever plan they may have had goes bad almost immediately, the half-orc retreating while the gnome presses the attack.

He joins the fight, slashing out at the nearest goblin other than Gurk.

"Get back in here, Davor. Cowardice is ill-becoming!"

Cutlass (power attack): 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 + 1 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

"Now, now--I wouldn't call Davor a coward," Lexi starts to scold Adistan lightly; then she sees the result of the man's strike on the unfortunate goblin.

"Wowzers!" she squeaks in awe. "Yeah--get back here, Davor! We're winning!"

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

They're aware I got two damned stirges deep in tha mah chest, right?

Davor shoots an angry look back at Adistan.

"Nice of you to show up, Temmer- if only to insult me. But how about you use that cutlass to rid me of some of these bloodsuckers hey?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

While Davor starts talking about retreat, Bixby attempts to daze one of the goblins.

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The spell appears to take hold as it just stands there for a moment. Adistan moves in, careful not to slip on the ledge and promptly cuts down the only other goblin he can reach, aside from Gurk. Lexi moves up joining the others in the confined space.

The goblins seeing one of their own cut down release a volley of arrows at Adistan who murdered their companion.

Attack-P: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Attack-B: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Attack-G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3

The one stirge already attached to Davor sucks some more blood from him while the other one attempts again to latch on.

Touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Finally finding an opening it latches on as well, sucking even more blood from Davor

-2 Con Damage to Davor. -9 damage to Adistan.

Round 2
Adistan/Bixby/Lexi, Enemy-G/Enemy-S, > Gurk/Verris/Davor, Enemy-N

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

I believe attached stirges get +8 to maintain grapple but it's not automatic per say... they could maybe roll a 1! :P

"It's not cowardice to retreat to fight another day... if I fall make sure you avenge me by killing all of these bastards!"

With that said, Davor fights on and tries to get rid of the two latched stirges...

Trident on stirge 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 dmg
Bite on stirge 2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 dmg


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Yup, forgot to add it in there for the one already attached.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

Hopefully only one left attached!! if trident attack not enough to kill #1, bite goes on #1 as well! :)

401 to 450 of 2,202 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.