GM Dak - Shattered Star 2

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 4: A Legacy of Wrath

Pics | Maps | Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Fireday, 2nd of Arodus 4712 AR
Curent Day: Starday, 3rd of Arodus 4712 AR


251 to 300 of 2,204 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Temmer tries to ignore the paired of conversation, and even the chanty Lady Dusk is singing.

That's a tune to Besmara, damn it, he thinks, his mind unhelpfully filling in the words: Now this here boy approached the docks, lookin' to get paid; he drank powder mixed with rum at Formidably Maid; Some go willing, most do not, when the press-gang calls; there's crew to fill, and they pay in swill, till the ocean take them all ...

Shaking his head, he casts a censorious frown toward the flighty young woman and then turns his attention back to the man, waiting to hear what he'll have to say to Copperpot's questions.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The man listens to the gnomes rapid fire questions and by the end of it he just stares at him blankly for a moment "You need to cut back on the coffee or whatever it is you are on... I'm just a guy looking for his break... You lot just happened to be the ones foolish enough to go looking for trouble. Pathfinder right? I think if I had nabbed the lot of you that would have made things set for me, but no... I'm not a slaver."


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Although she's fallen for the enchanting siren's song of the nearby sea, Lexi manages to overhear and process some of what the captive is saying. It takes her a moment to remember that the Heidmarchs now consider her to be a Pathfinder...so this creep was trying to bag her! Lexi recalls Lady Heidmarch speaking of a rival organization often at odds with the Pathfinders...but what was its name? And had Lady Sheila mentioned where its operational base in Magnimar had been?

Amelexis Dusk Knowledge (local--Aspis Consortium) Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Player knowledge of the organization's name, obviously. Good ol' Lexi! Her overall Perception is +0, but I can't help but think her vision is -5 while her hearing (especially when eavesdropping) is +5 at least!

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor
GM Dak wrote:
I think if I had nabbed the lot of you that would have made things set for me, but no... I'm not a slaver."[/b]

"If you ain't no slaver, than who do you work for?"

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby is glad to see Davor isn't taking it easy on the bad guys.

I approve of his tactics, including chastising the criminal goblin. Perhaps he will prove a valuable ally. Though I do not understand his obsession with rodents...

Bixby steps on his tip-toes to look larger.

"You never told us your name, scum bag!" he shouts, taking confidence in the unbalanced power of the situation.


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Verris sighs at the man's reluctance to answer their questions.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Diplomacy (2nd Roll if the first fails): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

I'm assuming he's hostile/unfriendly as he attacked us. If not take two from the first roll.

"Come on now. Surely ye can see it makes sense for you to work with us here. Yer outnumbered and tied up. Just answer our questions please."

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

Turning away slightly to hide that he's casting two quick orisons, Davor then returns to the man and says, "I'm an understanding kind of guy, but you don't want to anger the shouting gnome with the mustache..."

Good cop diplomacy, enhanced diplomacy, guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 28


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

...or he'll tickle you with it! Lexi thinks in amusement.

Gnomish Moustache Tickle Torture. The very thought--along with what Venture-Captain Heidmarch might think of its use in the field--sets Lexi off on another of her giggle fits.


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

With the spell wearing off, Gurk hops back up on his feet, grinning as his sight returns and seeing the longshank tied up. "Gurk would stab, too, but Gurk no know if to stab or not now."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The man listens to your various threats and attempts at diplomacy, his shoulders slump a bit and he looks down at the floor "Alright, alright... honestly... I don't work for anyone yet. I was hoping that by nabbing some Pathfinders I could get an in with the Aspis Consortium... the slaver thing was just a rumor I started to spread around town. People have gone missing and I figured some Pathfinders would come investigating eventually... I just wasn't expecting so many at once..."

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"So we're to believe that you're the sole engineer and proprietor of this mess? hmmm?"

Sense Motive, guidance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Studying the man, Temmer tries to make sense of his words, and if they ring true.

"So you know nothing about these disappearances? That doesn't seem likely..."

Sense Motive (studied target): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The man shrugs to Davor's comment and nods to Adistan "Corret, no idea, just seizing the opportunity presented to me..." Under his breath he says "Should have just stuck to stealing..."

He sighs and looks to the group "Why don't you talk to the city watch if you are so concerned about the disappearances... They're the ones who are supposed to be watching over the city after all, shouldn't they know why citizens have been disappearing?"

Davor/Adistan:
As far as you can tell he is being straight forward.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"Alright then... let's forget you saw us and we'll forget you tried to... 'poach' us. Fair is fair. You Have What You Hold. Deal? but remember before agreeing: Oathbreakers Die. Consider the selling of information business instead of Man-Poaching... much less problematic from a legal point of view. If you agree to our mutual non-disclosure, how about we shake hands over ale and a hot supper?" Davor waits for the man's answer, and if positive, he extends a hand for the man to stand and proceeds to untie him.


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Temmer's mouth drops as it appears Davor is ready to let the man just go.

"You can't be serious," he retorts.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"This is Magnimar, and if you remember our employer's words, I'd rather not involve the authorities in our affairs and make friends instead of enemies wherever we go..."


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

"So...we give food to longshank we stab?" Gurk questions, just as confused for completely different reasons. "Gurk get food, too?"


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Temmer just shakes his head as the group appears ready to release the shark back into the water.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Just waiting a bit to see what the others say before moving forward

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

Davor laughs, "Only Gurk get food now. Not Longshank!"

The green-skinned warpriest hands half a sandwich to Gurk, and heads back out through the dockside door, intent on finding the nearest members of the city watch.


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Verris looks at Davor in surprise. "Have to say I'm with Adistan on this one. Ye wanna just let this guy go? He ambushed and attacked a group of folk he thought he could just kidnap. Kidnap and then give to folk he thought would do them harm. This ain't right, more innocent folk could be hurt by him if we let him go. Besides, he's more likely to let folk know about us than any lawmaker, especially if he thinks there's coin in it. We can let Bixby bring him to his contacts in the guards, just another case closed. Nothin' suspicious about it."


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Amelexis wasn't expecting to put her two coppers in regarding the captive's fate (mainly because she was so late arriving on-scene that she'd missed all the action and conflict), but when Verris speaks up, her words compel Lexi to do so as well.

"I agree with Verris," she says in a soft, nervous tone. "There's a reason why Lady--oops, no names!--there's a reason I'm not allowed to walk the city streets by myself, and this guy is it!"

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby nods as Verris and Lexi speak. "We will turn him over to the watch," he says.

"We should search him and make sure he has no incriminating evidence, first," he says as he pats the man down and searches his pockets.

"Something does occur to me, however. If you have information valuable to us, and it's good, we may take mercy on you and let you off with a warning."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

So off to the watch then with your prisoner? That appears to be the consensus.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

That's awesome. Even my teammates bought it! Let's seal the deal with this good cop routine...

As he reaches the dockside door to exit and upon hearing his fellow Pathfinders pronounce judgement on the bound man, Davor turns, looks at the man, and shrugs, saying "Sorry man... I tried to have them go easy on you, but it looks like I just got out-voted... I guess that if you have no other information for them... well... it was nice to know you. Good luck with the jail system..."

Davor walks out, letting his friends dispense justice.

Maybe...


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Amelexis gives a big yawn and casually points out to the others that it's past her usual bedtime.

Yeah, if the guy doesn't recognize Natasha/Natalya or sweeten things by giving up more useful info, I believe it's off to the watch with him.


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

Gurk greedily devours the proffered sand-witch, no longer concerned about the longshank. These longshanks be strange ones. Gurk will need to teach them good.


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Temmer relaxes a little as some of the others in the group finally show some decency and decide they would rather not just release the would-be kidnapper.

But it nags him that they've wasted half a day waiting on this man while who knows what was happening with Natalya.

He grinds his teeth hoping the night will prove to not have been a total waste.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

You haul the man off to the city watch and after explaining the situation one of the watch officers comes out to great you. A young woman, with chiseled features and fiery red hair. Seeing the man you have in custody she walks over with a smile. "Ah so you caught good old Plutivarch? We've been on the look out for him for some time for his various crimes. I hear he tried to kidnap the lot of you? Suppose he bit off more than he could chew this time..." She pulls out a coin purse and extends it to whomever would take it "Suppose you'll be wanting the hundred gold bounty on him then?"

Added a picture of the watch officer.


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Lexi finds it somewhere inside to get over her general shyness to snatch the offered pouch. "Great! Anyone else got a bounty on their head?"

"That's 17 gold for four of us, and 16 for the other two...."

Lexi presents 17 gold to Adistan, Davor, Verris, and...Gurk. He was nice and paid off most of what we owed to the Amazing Zograthy. And Bixby's last name is Copperpot, so he probably doesn't like gold.... After a moment's consideration, she realizes that it was Bixby's spell that dropped the Evil Plutivarch, meaning he deserves a larger share as well. Hardly giving the matter any thought, she presents him with a gold piece from her share. She then pays off her 10 gold-piece debt to Adistan and her 3-gp debt to Gurk (giving him an extra gold piece in interest and just because she knows the goblin likes 'shinies'). Then, smiling like the luckiest girl in the world, she puts her 1 remaining coin into her belt pouch.

So that means....
ADISTAN: 27 gp
GURK: 21 gp
DAVOR: 17 gp
VERRIS: 17 gp
BIXBY: 17 gp

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby nods in satisfaction at another criminal caught.

"I had hoped he would provide us with some useful information, but this is a satisfying result. Nevertheless, we have wasted an evening on a false lead. Or, perhaps it is a new thread that will unravel corruption at the deepest levels of Magnimar."

Considering their options, he says "Perhaps we should turn in and get some rest, then start first thing in the morning."

It's nighttime, right? Also, should we wait to divvy loot until we have more?


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

As Gurk takes the shiny, he holds it for a moment as he tries to follow the longshank's logic, even as Dusk begins putting more in his hand. Gurk no kill longshank or steal shiny. Why Gurk be given shinies? Gurk stab and no kill longshank? These longshanks make no sense. However, Gurk does not offer the shinies back as he pockets them.


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

"I was hardly useful in the apprehension, Lady Dusk," Temmer replies, closing his fist before any coins are poured into his hand. "It wouldn't be right for me to take a share of the award. In truth, while we seem to have done some good here, we're no closer to our actual quarry."

He agrees, unfortunately, that Copperpot is likely correct and the group needs some rest. Where to start in the morning, though? They could try to stalk Beacon’s Point, Dockway and Underbridge, but that's a wide net to cast. The Twoer Girls wouldn't seem like a likely help if they're indeed looking for Vancaskerkin themselves...

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"Take the money, Temmer. Even a straight arrow like you needs to eat and sleep somewhere... unless you got a sugar mommy somewhere in Magnimar, hmm? in that case, I'll take your share from now on, as we're doing you a service, keeping you away from rich bored grandmothers and the like..."

Davor smiles as he pats Adistan's back, before inquiring to the city watch officer about good inns in the area.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The woman shakes her head to Lexi's question "No other bounties at the moment." She takes hold of the prisoner and then looks to you all "Well, if there is nothing else, I'll see to get this here ruffian put in proper shackles."

She waits a moment in case you have anything else, but otherwise turns to leave with the prisoner.

As for time, yes it is around 1 am.


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Amelexis fixes her strange gaze on Adistan, perhaps frustrated that the man refuses to let her pay him back the generous loan he offered her, perhaps trying to figure out exactly what a 'sugar mommy' is and when the man had time to find one during his extended recent 'downtime.'

Her business with Master Temmer will have to wait, however; she's remembered something important.

"Um, pardon me," she addresses the watchperson. "The only reason we caught this Plutivarch at the Puffy Pelican...." The girl has to pause for half a minute to awkwardly swallow another of her giggle fits. "The reason we caught this fellow is because we're investigation the recent disappearance of an acquaintance by the name of Natalya. She looks an awful lot like our other friend here." She points at Nata-sham.

"Also, if you can give us any information about the other disappearances we've heard have taken place recently in the city, I'll load it into my memory and try to use it during our search. We may not find Miss Natalya, but we may find someone else who's missing."

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Before the group retires for the night, Bixby does have an idea.

"It is my understanding the Tower Girls are searching for someone that looks like my friend here. Perhaps we should go to their territory tomorrow morning and look around, using my friend as bait. If they are searching for her, they may try to abduct her, and perhaps we could question the assailants."


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Verris gratefully accepts her share of the reward, counting out 3 gold pieces and handing them to Gurk with a smile. “This is my share fer Zograthy’s fee. Thanks fer covering fer me!”

She listens to what the others have to say and mulls over it for a moment. ”I think gettin’ some rest is a good idea. Can’t say I think we wasted our time though. We got someone dangerous off the streets that coulda hurt someone else. Might not’ve found who we wanted but that’s worth doin’!”

She nods at Bixby’s suggestion, ”That might work. Can’t hurt to try anyhow!”


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

"I should think not, and would thank you to remember it's highly inappropriate to discuss such matters," Temmer responds severely to Davor ... though not wanting to cause any further scene, he agrees to take the coins adding 27 gp to my sheet.

He agrees that the Tower Girls might be their next best bet, for lack of other options.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"Ah! understood," replies Davor with a wink, "a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell!"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The watch officer bristles a bit when Lexi asks about the disappearances then with a frustrated sigh she says "The city watch is doing nothing more to solve the disappearances." She shakes her head at the thought of the continued rumors. "We have confirmed the rumors of Nidalese slavers are false. Also, all of those reported to have vanished have actually been found. I imagine the rumormongers don't find happy endings nearly as fun to gossip about, and as a result news that the missing people have have been found isn't nearly as gossiped about as the vanishings themselves. As far as the city watch is concerned, the investigation into the disappearances is concluded."

Looking at the illusion of the woman she shrugs "I mean, that kind of looks like Natalya Vancaskerin, but not really. Is that who you are searching for? If so, she is most definitely known to the city watch, she’s a petty burglar known to run with the Tower Girls. That Natalya has vanished is news to me though. She hasn’t been picked up by any patrols, in any event. I'm not surprised that Natalya’s disappearance hasn’t been reported, the Sczarni tend to try to solve their own problems. If anyone knows more, it’s probably the Tower Girls. Why are you all looking for her?"

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"Like you said, she's a burglar- and burglars take things of interest to certain people. We're investigating on behalf of some rich people that have a desire to recover some of the items they lost. This is a private matter that the said wealthy individuals would not like to advertise. We'd appreciate if you contact us if you find anything. Similarly, if our asking around results in finding some information about criminal activity, we'll make sure to pass that along to you. Do we have a deal?"

Diplomacy, Enhanced Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23


Goblin CN Rogue 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 (Trap 18) | T 15 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 (Trap 8) | Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Trap 8), Darkvision, Scent 1/day | Acro 12, Bluff 5, DisDev 13, Disg 3, EscArt 10, Local 8, SeMo 7, SofH 10, Slth 16 | dog, dog +6 (1d4+4/19), bow +7 (1d4), sneak 2d6, spark

"Gurk thought he be taking shinies, not others," Gurk mutters to himself, even more confused as he pockets even more shinies.


Female Aasimar Paladin 3 | HP 25/25 | Smite 1/1 | LoH 4/4 | Sp Ability: Detect Evil | Speed 30 ft | AC 19 (18), T 14, FF 15 | F +7, R +8, W +6 | CMD 19 (15 FF) | Resist Cold/Acid/Elec: 5 | Init +4 | Perception +6, Darkvision | Acro +3, Bluff +3, Climb +3, Dip +11 (+13 vs Hostile/Unfriendly, retry if fail), Esc Art +3, Han An +8, Heal +4, Intim +3, SeMo +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3, Sur +5

Verris nods along at what Davor is saying. ”Yeah. We’d appreciate it if ye could let us know if ye find anything and if we find any more troublemakers like that Plutivarch fella, we’ll be sure to bring him to ye here.”

Diplomacy(Aid Another): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The woman shrugs "Sure, if you find anything stop by and ask for Kasadei, that's me. If I find anything I will let you know the next time I see you, I suppose."

The Exchange

Male CG Half-orc Warpriest 3 (Hanspur) - Init +1, Senses: Darkvision (60), Low-light Vision, Perception +9, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 20; hp 21/21, F+6, R+4, W+7, Speed 20 ft. Skills: Climb 1, Diplomacy 6, Kn. Engineering 5, Kn. Religion 5, Linguistics 7, Perception 9, Profession (sailor) 8, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 7, Swim 1 (incl. ACP -6); Buffs: Antixoxin, Divine Favor

"You got other outstanding bounties we could help you with right now?"

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Sorcerer 3 | HP 26/26 | AC 15; Tch 12; FF 13 | F +4; R +3; W +3 | CMB-2; CMD 9 | Speed 20 ft | Init +8 | Spiked Gauntlet: +0 (1d3-2) | Perc +9

Bixby raises an eyebrow as Kasadei indicates the rumors of Nidalese slavers are false.

Pfff--that is undoubtedly true and there are likely a thousand plots she is unaware of, to boot. That is why I am here, perhaps. I must bring these things out of darkness and into the light.

"We will investigate the Tower Girls tomorrow--if we find anything, we will let you know," he says.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

She shakes her head to Davor "Not at the moment."


Female Aasimar (musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 3 | hp --13-- 21/21 NL [0] | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3 (has specials) | Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 | BP 3/11 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60 ft., Perc +4 (+5 traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Bard Spells 1st 0/4 | wand of CLW (39/50) | Conditions: none

Lexi nods in satisfaction as Adistan finally lets her pay off her debt. "I agree--tomorrow we hunt down the Tower Girls, and I have a plan to help us find them!"

Sent Dak a PM with Lexi's idea, as I'm offline until Monday afternoon. Have a nice rest-of-the-weekend, peeps!


M hp 28; AC 17/touch 12/flat-footed 15; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+2 vs. emotion spells, effects) Human slayer 3

Temmer looks concerned at what Lady Dusk's plan might be to find the Tower Girls. He suspects it will be inappropriate or ineffective ... or both ... though he's not sure how best to dissuade her. She's quite ... exciteable, after all.

Ready to move on to the next day, I think.

251 to 300 of 2,204 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.