GM Dak - Shattered Star 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 4: A Legacy of Wrath

Pics | Maps | Loot

Starting Day: Oathday, 1st of Arodus 4712 AR
Current Day: Wealday, 7th of Arodus 4712 AR


3,551 to 3,600 of 3,964 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As you depart Lockerbie wishes you good luck and you get the feeling it is less because he cares what happens to you specifically and more because he wants to make sure you survive to deliver the brooch to his wife. In either case, he goes back to his drawings as the Sapher leads the group south.

Descending the stairs you get to a small room where two picked clean skeletons wearing the rags of laborer’s garb lie sprawled on the floor of this otherwise empty room. Looking over the bodies you find one skeleton still has 16 gp and a pearl worth 100 gp in the tatters of its sock, while the other clutches an everburning torch in one hand.

Continuing on, a flight of stairs leads up to a wide stone crossing ten feet above the dark waters below in this large room. Halls lead out of this room to the east, west and south. With Lockerbie's warning Sapher hears the sounds of the creatures he mentioned from the northeast and southwest pipes, but there is no easy way to get to them without a reach weapon.


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Sapher points to the northeast and southwest pipes. "I think the cave moray are in those two. We could flush them out with alchemist fire?" she suggests with a patient arched eyebrow.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+4 | Per +11, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 13/13

Mokhasi hands Sapher his spear, if she wants it, ”Yes. That would work, sister. This wonderfully useful spear could also be of help again, too?” He makes a stabbing motion while pointing towards the tubes.


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Sapher nods a bit of thanks to their wizard. Sliding her hammer's shaft in the loop, setting down her shield for a moment, she accepts the spear and moves toward the northeast pipe.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Initiative:

Caroliss: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Drask: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Esrisi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Esrisi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Mokashi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sapher: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Veltariel: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sapher moves up and prepares for a fight as Vel readies her bow for the enemy to appear. After a few seconds one of the eels strikes out from the pipe at Sapher attempting to bite her, but at least not surprising her.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 = 15

Even though she is ready for the thing to attack she Sapher isn't ready for how efficiently brutal it is as it springs out and bites her in the jugular dropping her to the ground.

Round 1
Enemy, > Vel/Sapher/Es/Caroliss/Drask/Mok


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Veltariel steps up and launches an arrow at the slithering beast. She calls out emotionlessly ”Drask. You need to be up here. If anyone can heal Sapher she needs it now.”

Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Sapher stumbles back a step in pain, bring up her borrowed spear to try and stab the horrible biting creature.

attack, spear: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

But the blood gushing from her throat covered her hands, making her grip slick.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 4/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 49/49 | Mirror Image Active | AC 18, Touch 11, FF 17 | F +9, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Raging Statistics:
HP 49/49 (10/10 temp) | AC 16, Touch 9, FF 15 | F +11, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask moves to Sapher, dragging her behind him.

CMB to Drag Sapher to the left: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

He faces the creature with a frown. "Sapher, give me the spear."


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

sapher gurgles something like spear, waving her hand at their half elf friend who is also holding a spear

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Caroliss makes an illusory double of Sapher while Esrisi moves up and casts a healing spell to keep her on her feet. Reaching out with her hand, she touches the dwarf's shoulder and whispers "I've got you." as some of her wounds begin to close.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+4 | Per +11, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 13/13

Mokhasi merely takes the spear from Caroliss and hands it to Drask. ”Here you are.”

What type of spear? I dunno. I hope it works.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Vel moves up to line up a shot and looses an arrow just striking the creature. Sapher stabs at the thing with Mok's borrowed spear but doesn't even come close to striking, her injuries getting the better of her. Es moves up and heals some of the dwarves open wounds, while Drask follows behind and moves her back, out of the way. Caroliss gives her blessing to Sapher to help protect her and to Drask to give him some luck. Mok grabs Caroliss's spear and hands it over to Drask so he can help in the fight.

The cave moray recoils a bit before launching out and striking toward Drask.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11

This time though Drask easily avoids the attack knowing what is coming.

Round 2
Enemy, > Vel/Sapher/Es/Caroliss/Drask/Mok


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 4/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 49/49 | Mirror Image Active | AC 18, Touch 11, FF 17 | F +9, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Raging Statistics:
HP 49/49 (10/10 temp) | AC 16, Touch 9, FF 15 | F +11, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask casually dodges to the side of the weak attack, then jabs back at the cave moray.

Longspear Attack (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 = 14
Longspear Attack (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 = 16

Longspear Attack (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17
Longspear Attack (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 = 14

Thank you for luck botted-Caroliss!


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Drask quickly puts an end to the eel like creature with his first attack after it had already been wounded by Vel. Knowing what to expect now the group prepares itself for the next one.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

It springs out like before, but Drask dodges the attack and the group quickly ends the threat. Continuing south, following Lockerbie's directions you come to a set our circular stairs leading up. Heading up you find a short hall that leads to a balcony overlooking what appears to be a large room. If you have an interest in trying to not be discovered, assuming the area below has the enemies Lockerbie mentioned now may be the time for stealth.


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Veltariel holds a hand to her lips as well as signals the others to wait. She then slips ahead to scout the chamber ahead...

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

"Thank you, Ez" Sapher says with a smile, then casting her own healing on herself. At the stealth part she nods to those quiet ones and stays far away.

clw: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Vel moves ahead of the others slinking forward toward the blue glow coming from the room beyond the balcony. Blue, glowing fungus grows in numerous patches across the walls of this large chamber. Looking down from the shadowy balcony about ten feet up from the room below, she sees in the center of the room a wide spiral stairwell descends into the darkness. A second flight of stairs descends along the western wall. The room opens up and continues toward the southwest but much of the view is obstructed from the large pillar where the spiral staircase leads down.

Further into the room Vel can hear voices. The speak in a strange tongue that she can not understand, but it is pretty clear that the three distinct voices, two male and one female, appear to be arguing about something. The sound seems to be coming from the south west.


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Veltariel slips back to the others and says ”Three of them sound like they are arguing in the Southwest portion of the chamber. Not enough light to see clearly. If you guys can advance and provide light in the chamber I can provide covering fire from that balcony.”

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+4 | Per +11, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 13/13

Mokhasi nods, ”our companion would like to speak to them, which I am inclined to respect. Do we announce ourselves and take advantage of the higher ground? Seems like a good plan. We will have advantage if it breaks down, and Vel, you are quite brilliant with a bow. But let us be prepared for it to break down, yes?” He goes through his things and looks for something that he could use.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Esrisi smiles to the dwarf upon her thanks, "You are most welcome."

When Veltariel announces her findings, she adds "I can see very well in the dark. If you'd like me to take a look, I may be able to obtain additional details."

It's going over my head, who is the companion that wants to speak to them so badly for us?

"I can also try to convince them to let us pass peacefully." she adds.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

I am not sure if you are waiting on me or not.

Sapher and Esrisi walk around the corner, the oracle holding her hands out wide to show she isn't holding a weapon in them. She tries to make herself look as nonthreatening as possible and calls out. "We come in peace." and then waits for Sapher to translate.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 1 = 29


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Sapher keeps her hammer in her belt but still has her shield on her arm. She'll translate into undercommon, hoping Mok is correct that they speak it.

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+4 | Per +11, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 13/13

Mokhasi smiles at the two of them and extends a thumbs up in approval.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es calls out to the voices and Sapher translates adding her own personal touch. The voices go quiet for some time and eventually one of the male voices calls out.

Undercommon:
"Don't know who you are or what you are doing down her but you best leave before you regret it!"

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Esrisi looks to Sapher to translate "What did they say? Should we proceed? Do I need to say more?"


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

"They said go away rather rudely. Threw in a threat as well." she told the blonde "Should we keep trying the nice stuff, or tell them we waded through blood to get to this point so threats are pointless?" questions since Ez is better with words.

sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 to sense emotion behing the words.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Crossing her arms with a frown she clarifies, exasperated "Do they know what level of unholy s+*& we've gone through to get here? Do they think a couple of whatever-they-are's are going to stand in our way now when we're so close?!"

"Perhaps my inability to speak their language is complicating the matter. Maybe after this you could teach me a little bit of it?"

"Come on, let's go tell the others." she says, waving the dwarf along with her as she heads back to explain that diplomacy is apparently not an option.


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Sapher nods "Sure, undercommon has some very impressive curse words in it. Useful to know for that if nothing else."


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Let me know any prep before you go to engage. Just remember you are currently 10ft up on the balcony.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Minimally Es will bless before we go in.


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Sapher looks over the edge "I don't fall well, just to let you know." deciding as long as no one is actively attacking she could get out a rope and throw it over the edge. "If nothing else, I'll be bait." she does wait to slide down the rope with as little grace as dwarvenly possible.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sapher secures a rope to the balcony above and slides down as the others Everyone going down? follow behind. The room is quiet ahead where the voices had been coming from earlier.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Drask and Es follow Sapher down and they take up their positions as they advance slowly toward where they heard the voices. Caroliss, Mok and Vel all wait up top to provide support as needed.

GM:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

The group starts to round the corner of the pillar where the spiral staircase resides when Drask is surprised when he sees a wicked looking spear heading straight for him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Drask/Image: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Drask, you need a DC13 Fort Save to avoid being staggered for 1 round and Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Caught off guard the spear sinks into Drask's shoudler injecting some kind of toxin into him. At the same time a mass of other movement erupts. Some blacked winged creature flies toward Drask followed by two tiny bat-like creatures. Around the south side of the pillar a female derro circles around and oddly your old friend Fenster follows behind her, though he looks even more worse for wear. Another female derro comes out to the north to get ready to fight while a male derro starts running toward the hall in to the north of the group down below.

Init:

Caroliss: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Drask: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Esrisi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Esrisi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Mokashi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sapher: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Veltariel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18+2 In dungeons

Enemy1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Enemy2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Enemy3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Enemy4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Surprised by the massive group waiting for them the party is slow to react. The derro with the spear move to get a clean shot before jabbing at Drask once again.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

This time though he misses. The black flying creature shutters a bit as suddenly the light in the immediate area goes is shrouded in darkness.

Know. Arcana DC11 - Flying black creature:
You recognize this creature as a darkmantle. They are known for grabbing onto their victims and crushing them to death.

Know. Arcana DC11 - Flying bat-like creatures:
You recognize these creatures as homunculi a type of construct with a poisonous bite.

Area in grey is in dim light. Doesn't effect most but gives everything in the grey area concealment from Vel/Mok/Caroliss. The others have darkvision so are not effected.

Round 1
Enemy1, > Sapher, Enemy3, Vel/Caroliss/Es, Enemy2/Enemy4, Drask/Mok


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

"Chúng tôi đã cố gắng nói chuyện, để hợp lý. Để nói chuyện và tất cả những gì bạn muốn làm là chiến đấu." with a heavy sigh she'll finish with a "Như chỉ thị" the last words spoken like a dull flat judgement as she steps up and tries to bash in the head of the darkmantle. Her chicken skwaks her own judgement in the chicken langauge of death.

undercommon:

"We tried to talk, to be reasonable. To talk and all you want to do is fight."
"So Be It."

attack, power, guidance, ferocious loyalty: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
damage, power attack, judgement of destruction: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 4 + 2 = 17

knowledge arcane, black: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 3 = 28
knowledge arcane, bat: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 3 = 12

she will use adoration if attacked.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sapher steps up to attack the darkmantle smashing it with her hammer and dropping it to the ground in a crumpled pile. Sadly the darkness emanating from the creature still persists.

The one derro to the north steps up to the door and opens it revealing a twenty-foot-square domed chamber that contains a juryrigged pair of low operating tables, complete with leather straps at both ends to hold patients down. However, more concerning inside is a hulking creature, a hideous patchwork made of equal parts troglodyte, duergar, giant spider, and giant rat, but with the lolling head of a half-shaved dwarf bearing a gaping trepanation to the side of its skull. The derro points toward Sapher and the flesh monster lumbers forward to attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Sapher hears the thing coming and dodges out of the way of its blow, avoiding any damage. However the stentch from this thing is horrible.

Drask/Es/Sapher need a DC12 Fort save to avoid becoming nauseated

Know. Arcana DC14 - Patchwork monster:
You recognize this creature as a carrion golem. A construct patched together from various dead things. You know that like other golems it is resistant to damage from weapons, specifically slashing and bludgeoning weapons. You also know it is immune to magic (that allows SR).

Know. Arcana DC19 - Patchwork monster:
In addition to the above you know that carrion golems generally carry some kind of sickness that when exposed via contact can infect those injured by its attacks.

With its ally released the derro turns its attention on Es who still hasn't caught up to the fact that battle is raging around her.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Luckily, thanks to her mage armor, the attack from his aklys misses.

Round 1
Enemy1, Sapher, Enemy3, > Vel/Caroliss/Es, Enemy2/Enemy4, Drask/Mok

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Remember I blessed before we came in! Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Knowing that Drask can see her, she says behind him "Flank with me!" and dashes past him, tumbling past the blue thing but staying out of reach of the ugly thing and coming up on the other side of the derro.

She casts Shield of Faith AC now 22 and dashes ahead to the other side of the derro.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Edit: Forgot to roll my fort until I saw Sapher's discord post.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Esrisi holds her breath, avoiding the worst of the smell.


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

"Oh Gods, what is that stench!" Sapher snaps, bringing up her shield to block the patchwork thing.

fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 +2 if allowed

knowledge: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 3 = 23

"A carrion golem, why in the hells would anyone want one of these things in their lab, unless their noses were cut off and cauterized. Drask, Ez, Piercing weapons for that one. MOK! IF you didn't know already, it is immune to magic!"


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 4/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 49/49 | Mirror Image Active | AC 18, Touch 11, FF 17 | F +9, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Raging Statistics:
HP 49/49 (10/10 temp) | AC 16, Touch 9, FF 15 | F +11, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Drask shrugs off the worst of the attack. He grunts sharply in response to Esrisi, letting her know he heard her plan and is on board. With her flipped into position he steps forward, his orc eyes piercing the darkness with perfect clarity as he lays down a vicious assault.

5 foot step to set up the flank, beginning rage.

Raging Primary Axe (Bless, PA, Flank): 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 30
Damage (PA, Flank, Sneak Attack): 1d8 + 6 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 + 1 + (5, 3) = 27

I'm going to assume a 30 hits. All following attacks will have finish the fight apply.

Raging Secondary Axe (Bless, PA, Flank, FtF): 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage (PA, Flank, Sneak Attack): 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 1 + (1, 4) = 16

Raging Secondary Bite (Bless, PA, Flank, FtF): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage (PA, Flank, Sneak Attack): 1d4 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 1 + (6, 1) = 20

Wow. If everything hits that's 63 damage.


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Veltariel smiles to herself as the prick human from the surface shows his face once again. She sends a pair of arrows at him, one at each eye...

Attack, Favored, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 22
Attack, Favored, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 11
Damage, Gravity Bow, Favored, PBS, Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 10

Attack, Favored, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 29
Attack, Favored, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 26
Damage, Gravity Bow, Favored, PBS, Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 15
Confirm, Favored, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 19
Confirm, Favored, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 16
Bonus Crit Damage: 4d6 + 4 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 4) + 4 + 2 + 8 = 30


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Vel waits a moment for the blessing from Caroliss. She gives Es a bit of luck while she makes an image of Sapher to protect her from harm.

Vel unleashes two arrows the first one hits Fenster in the shoulder but the second goes right through his eye dropping him to the ground dead.

Es casts a spell on herself for some protection then gets Drask attention to attack the gnome in front oh him as she deftly gets behind the gnome.

The female derro seeing the devestation Vel brought steps up with a wand in hand using it to cast a spell on Vel as she says "Don't attack us, attack the people you came with, they will betray you!"

Vel needs a DC14 Will save to avoid being charmed and considering the female derro a close friend and her words wise council.

The other female derro steps back from Drask and casts a spell as she disappears from sight. The homunculi both try and bite Drask.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Neither end up getting even close to biting the half-orc though.

Round 1
Enemy1, Sapher, Enemy2, Vel/Caroliss/Es, Enemy2/Enemy4, > Drask/Mok
Round 2
Sapher,
Enemy2, Vel/Caroliss/Es, Enemy2/Enemy4, Drask/Mok


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

Contemplating the horror show of dead parts, Sapher wonders if maybe she would put a big spike on the back of her hammer for times like this when the big bad is resistant to being beaten to death by proper dwarven tools.

Her consideration of the smelling one is brought short when the female derro tries to take over their elf.

"Leave My Friend [big]ALONE[/big]!!!!" she shouts, slamming her hammer down on the woman's arm, hoping it breaks the twig in two so she learns to leave others alone.

attack, power, guidance, bless: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 + 2 = 15


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Drask follows Es's lead and steps up to the derro between them, brutally murdering the derro with a single swing. He then turns his attention to the two annoying homunculi and kills one with a swing of his axe then kills the other as he bites its head off.

Mok begins working his magic to summon some aid for the group.

Sapher leaves the flesh monster alone knowing her weapon will be innefective and instead goes after what she can only assume is the creatures master. She bashes him with her hammer in the gut nearly knocking the air out of him, but its not enough to knock him out of the fight.

He motions for the golem to move around the side of Sapher and it does so they can flank her as they both attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The golem nearly slams both of its meaty fists into Sapher but she deflects each with her shield, and the derro luckily misses as well.

Round 2
Sapher, Enemy2, > Vel/Caroliss/Es, Enemy2/Enemy4, Drask/Mok


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Feeling the spell the subterranean wench tried to ensnare her with and the command associated with it, Veltariel turns her focus on the caster, sending a pair of arrows their way!

Attack, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 10
Attack, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 25
Damage, Gravity Bow, PBS, Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 1 + 4 = 15

Attack, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 22
Attack, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 27
Damage, Gravity Bow PBS, Deadly Aim: 2d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 1 + 4 = 10
Confirm, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 13
Confirm, PBS, Rapid, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 16
Bonus Damage, Gravity Bow PBS, Deadly Aim: 4d6 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 4) + 2 + 8 = 28

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 4 | HP:39 | AC: 7 (MA: 21) | T: 76 | FF: 14 (MA: 19) | CMD: 22 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +4* | Init: +1 x2 | Perc: +12

Slipping her sansetsukon off her back, she moves up next to Sapher to smash the derro north of her. As she steps into place, she spins and puts all of her strength into into placing the staff into the derro's forehead.

Silver sansetsukon , Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 24
Crit Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Reference Image AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 32/32| F +5 R +9 W +4 (+2 vs. Transmutation)| Init +4 (+2 Dungeons)| Percep +16 (+2 Dungeons, +1 Traps)
Buffs:
None

Per Discord:

With the final enemy slain Veltariel hops down from the balcony with impressive Elven grace. She then proceeds to collect her arrows and return them to her quiver before she begins searching the fallen enemies for anything of value or use.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 5 | HP 27/27 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+4 | Per +11, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 13/13

Mokhasi blinks as the others obliterate the enemies. His little mud elemental appears down below, and he follows it.

Mokhasi will climb slowly down the rope. His elemental will look for bad guys to pummel, and then be sad.

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Somehow, again, Mokhasi excels at his physical challenge, after doubling a dare to himself that he wouldn’t.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 4/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 49/49 | Mirror Image Active | AC 18, Touch 11, FF 17 | F +9, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Raging Statistics:
HP 49/49 (10/10 temp) | AC 16, Touch 9, FF 15 | F +11, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +10
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made
GM Dak wrote:
Drask follows Es's lead and steps up to the derro between them, brutally murdering the derro with a single swing. He then turns his attention to the two annoying homunculi and kills one with a swing of his axe then kills the other as he bites its head off.

That is metal as f$+&.


CotCT | HR | MM | RotRL1 | - | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The group making quick work of the derro and their minions look around and find no sign of the one that disappeared, likely that it ran off seeing the devastation the group wrought.

Searching the area of the derros you find the place a mess of what appears to be experimentation rooms. The first room, where the golem came from is setup like a surgical suit with cells to off the room. While no one resides there the history of gory work is present through bloodstains and other various fluids. The surgical tools, while filthy, could be cleaned up; they are of quite good quality, and are worth 200 gp as a set.

The next room, has a corridor that splits and ends in two equally sized square rooms—a bedroom to the northeast and some sort of abattoir to the southwest. The room to the south has several haunches of meat kept at a freezing temperature due to the presence of a patch of carefully cultivated brown mold. In the bedroom, an alchemist’s lab, appearing to be used primarily for distilling the inherent qualities of bodily fluids, sits on a table. There is an, an extraction scarificator that sits amid the lab’s components. In addition, 7 vials of a blue glowing liquid sit nearby.

The final room in this area, is a square room that seems to serve a dual purpose as a bedroom and a torture chamber. There is a chest in this room with 3 doses of id moss, 2 doses of striped toadstool, 10 doses of flayleaf, 8 doses of pesh, an elixir of love, and an elixir of truth.

There is a short set of stairs that lead down to another room. This large room is set up as a crude alchemical lab, planks laid over barrels and crates serve as tables, but the alchemical gear set up on these crude tables appears to be quite high quality. The equipment on the table constitutes a masterwork alchemist’s lab. There are two doors at the back of the room. The first leads to what looks like personal chambers. In addition to a large mound of cushions and blankets, you find a supply of cytillesh extract here in a wooden case, there are currently 3 doses of cytillesh extract. The next room appears to be a storeroom of sorts. Along with several bags of coins there are a couple of other items of interest in the piles of clothes, mundane armor and other generally worthless belongings. In total there is 232 gp, 1,423 sp, 2,100 cp, a lens of detection, a golembane scarab, and a wand of spiritual weapon (11 charges).

Checking the large spiral staircase you find that it leads down
much farther than any of the other stiars you've found so far descending for nearly 400 feet, they suddenly end at an open gulf, exiting into the roof of a large cavern filled with all manner of deadly fungi and creeping oozes. It’s an 80-foot drop to the floor below and Mok believes this cavern is one of the chambers of the upper reaches of the Darklands known as Nar-Voth.

It seems unlikely the shard is down this way so you head back upstairs to look around. Taking your time you check for secret doors and eventually find on on the southern wall. A curving stairwell shrouded in tattered cobwebs and a thick layer of dust extends into the darkness. A bulky cob web shrouded shape looms in an alcove directly to the east. Getting a closer looks it appears to be a long dead aberration.

Know. Dungeon DC14:
You recognize the creature as a shriezyx.

Know. History DC14:
You recall the event in 4623 AR in which swarms of these creatures clambered up out of the Irespan to menace Magnimar—an event that caused the lord mayor to issue a ban on quarrying the Irespan’s stone.

Heading down the stairs they open up to a large room. The room shines with a golden light emanating from crystals embedded in the domed ceiling. The entire dome is painted in reds and golds depicting the glory days of ancient Thassilon and remain as pristine as if the pigments were just laid. An altar shaped like a seven-pointed star sits in the center of the room—a smaller seven-pointed shape has been carved into the center of this larger block of stone. Sitting in one of the star’s arms is a shard of black metal.


female Dwarf inquisitor 4/paladin 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (21-s) | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +2 | Will +11 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +11 | 1st: 1/4 | 2nd: 2/2 spells | 0/2 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:

dungeon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"It's like the queen of all spiders, just worse" Sapher points at the dead thing as they past it. "A shriezyx, don't touch it."

At the shard, "Okay, what did we decide to do with the shard thing?"

3,551 to 3,600 of 3,964 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.