GM Dak - Shattered Star 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 3: In the Crow's Nest

Pics | Maps | Loot

Starting Day: Fireday, 2nd of Arodus 4712 AR
Current Day: Starday, 3rd of Arodus 4712 AR


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,632 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher blocks the vomit spatters that hit the wall near her with her shield, muttering something about stating the obvious to the screamer from the back. Being more cautious in her approach than Drask, she goes after the same one. Her chicken pokes its head out from her bag, clucking away.

attack, guidance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Sorry for the delay, just put kid to bed.

Mokhasi listens as Esrisi runs down the list of different issues associated with the creatures, Kiir now a dull green.

Kiir identify (planes): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Kiir doesn’t ID it!

Mokhasi identify (planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

He shrugs and says, ”it appears Madam Esrisi is becoming quite the expert on such matters,” and he steps behind Sapher and attempts to distract her target with his spear.

aid another, improve Sapher’s attack against her target: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Knowing now that these creatures had no trouble hearing, Caroliss calls forth a prayer. A loud burst of sound thunders upon these creatures, potentially stunning them.

Sound Burst, Fort DC 16 or stunned 1 round.
Sonic Damage (no save): 1d8 ⇒ 3


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Drask rushes into the room to fight the massive worm-like creatures. As he does, he doesn't realize the extent of their reach and both try to bite him as he closes in on them.

AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Luckily for Drask, they both miss. However, he does not as he cuts deeply into the already injured one. Vel takes a shot at the same one from the rear but ends up missing. Es stays in the back giving out commentary but doesn't move up to assist just yet, but Mok rushes in trying to distract the injured creature to allow one of his companions an easier opportunity to attack it.

R: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
R: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Caroliss blasts both of the worms with a spell. While the damage from the spell is minor, both of the creatures seem to kind of freeze up from the effect.

Round 2
Sapher, Enemy, > Drask/Vel/Es/Mok/Caroliss
Round 3
Sapher,
Enemy, Drask/Vel/Es/Mok/Caroliss


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Vel let’s another arrow fly, turning her head just slightly back towards the fight and smell to take a little bit of aim.

Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Still not wanting to get anywhere near the maggot-spewing things, Esrisi steps up beside Veltariel so that she is a little closer to her companions. She raises her right hand towards the ceiling as a faint golden light begins to flash briefly. "Guide their weapons and harden their minds." she whispers as the light winks out.

Cast bless. +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Next to his opponents and experiencing an unparalleled streak of luck, Drask lays into the injured creature.

Rage Attack TWF Primary (PA, Bless, FtF): 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 28
Rage Damage TWF Primary (PA): 1d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13

Rage Attack TWF Offhand (PA, Bless, FtF): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 28
Rage Damage TWF Offhand (PA): 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11

Confirm: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 10
Additional Crit Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

Bite Secondary (PA, Bless, FtF): 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 9
Damage Secondary (PA): 1d4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9

Full attack. If at any point that creature drops my attacks will shift to the other one, which will lower my attack rolls by 1 until I land an attack.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

As one of the enemies goes down, Caroliss boldly tries to take on the other one!

Move and longspear!
Longspear, Bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10; Damage: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

She feels flustered with her ineptitude as the spear fails to strike home. "How do you make this look so easy, Mokhasi?"


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Ducking under Mok's stab and Drask's swing Sapher slams her hammer into the creatures side.

attack, bless, aid, guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Mokhasi chuckles at Caroliss, "my trick is that most of the time, I just annoy it a lot, instead of trying to hit it. Except when I am feeling lucky." To this end, he twirls his spear, and harasses the remaining larva, this time striking past Drask to help him.

aid another, Drask, bless: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 0 + 1 = 12


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Drask makes quick work of the already injured larva with his two brutal attacks but the smell make shim hesitate as he tries to bite the other one and he misses. Vel looses an arrow but her aim is still off as she misses the overly large worm creature. Es, still maintaing her position far away from these things helps the group by calling down a divine blessing on them. Mok continues to aid his companions in their attacks by trying to distract the still alive creature.

AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (2) = 11

Caroliss moves up to attack but as she passes by Mok, apparently not aware of the creatures natural reach, she leaves herself open and the abyssal larva attack, biting into her. This doesn't help her attempt at attacking at all, causing her to miss. Sapher moves in behind Caroliss, taking advantage of the fact that the worm was distracted attacking her to slide in undetected and bashes it in the side with her hammer. It shifts back a bit as it tries to attack Drask.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (3) = 11

The confusion between Drask and his image throws the thing off as it misses wildly instead.

Round 3
Sapher, Enemy, > Drask/Vel/Es/Mok/Caroliss
Round 4
Sapher,
Enemy, Drask/Vel/Es/Mok/Caroliss

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi looks as everyone else has moved up into maggot-infested room except her and Vetariel. Looking over to her right, she sees Veltariel nocking another arrow and getting ready to shoot. "Wait. One second."

Closing her eyes she reaches out and places a hand on her left shoulder "May your next shot strike true."

Cast guidance on Veltariel.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

attack, bless, guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sapher holds up her shield to ward off any attacks and moves in to strike the maggot thing with her hammer.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

The whirlwind of attacks continue, this time on the new target.

Full attack. Once an attack lands, all following attacks will be at a +1.

Rage Attack TWF Primary (PA, Bless, Aid via Mok): 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 16
Rage Damage TWF Primary (PA): 1d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13

Rage Attack TWF Offhand (PA, Bless): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 25
Rage Damage TWF Offhand (PA): 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12

Bite Secondary (PA, Bless): 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 13
Damage Secondary (PA): 1d4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Esrisi can feel Veltariel tremble under her touch, and Veltariel’s cheeks flush. She steps forward excitedly, letting the arrow fly too soon as it clatters along the floor.

Attack, PBS, Guidance, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Maybe I should have clarified where it was to strike true. Not the floor next time, Esrisi.

Touching people is always difficult for Esrisi. Misinterpreting the tremble for pain and fearing that she accidentally sent her curse into the elf and caused her to miss instead of assisting her to hit, she pulls hand back and mutters "Sorry."


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Caroliss is doubly regretful of fighting this creature, having underestimated its reach! Falling back, she prepares to create an illusory double of whomever the remaining creature tries to attack.

Ready action to Copycat, creating a single mirror image if the creature tries to attack someone.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Mokhasi attempts to distract the larvae again.

aid Drask again to attack, bless: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 0 + 1 = 17

The multitude of Spears, hammers, and axes extending towards the monster appears to keep it befuddled.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Drask connects with both of his attacks with his weapons thanks to Mok's help in distracting the thing. Es tries to help Vel with her aim using a minor blessing, but it seems to distract her more as the shot goes wide. Caroliss waits to see who the thing might attack as she has a spell at the ready to help. It doesn't matter though as Sapher steps up and slams the thing causing it to collapse to the ground.

Out of Combat

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi now moves into the room with the maggots, once they are defeated. She looks around to see if anyone is severely injured and asks "Is everyone okay? That was some good quick teamwork everyone."

She turns to inspect the statue, wondering who it is and detecting magic on it.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es looks at the statue and detects a very faint lingering magical aura, as if at some time this was a powerful magical device, but the magics on it have worn over time and are no longer distinguishable.

Know. History - Statue DC25:
You recognize the statue as Runelord Alaznist. One of the rulers of ancient Thassilon.

Spellcraft - Statue DC 20:
The statue once may have served as a sort of remote observation device or even as a guardian, but now no longer functions.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Esrisi tries to remember who this statue could resemble, but apparently her insights for the party have just come to and end. Instead she decides to focus on the magical properties she's picking up.

Holding up a hand as she approaches the statue, she says "I'm picking up a fain lingering magical aura from this statue. I think that it may have once served as an observation device at one point in time. Or maybe it was a guardian of this area instead."

She takes a step back and points to the blade. "I'm thinking guardian, that's a real blade in there."

She circles the statue and adds "I don't believe it's functioning anymore however. I'm getting the gist this thing is old. Very old."


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Caroliss heals the wounds she received from the weird worm creatures.
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
36 charges remain.
HP 21/22

K. History: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"The statue is beautiful and deadly. Kind of like us!"


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made
Caroliss Kaddren wrote:
"The statue is beautiful and deadly. Kind of like us!"

Drask uses a thumb to close one nostril, then splatters a mixture of snot and blood onto the ground.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Mokhasi examines everything, in detail.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Take 10 on appraise for 25. Is anything here valuable?

”This was once a magical guardian - of who I cannot tell. It must be some Thassalionian, though.” Mokhasi makes a drawing of the statue for later reference.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

"Then that is a good sign, isn't it? Thassalionian and all like the shards. Maybe we are finally close." Sapher stares at it for a moment "Should we try and destroy it? Not that I like the idea of destroying history, but if you... and Ez are right if could get activated somehow later."

Sapher isn't firm on whether to do so or not, but will help if the others agree. Otherwise she is ready to move on.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

While looking for anything of value Mok notices the weapon the woman is holding, a ranseur, is a real weapon as Es pointed out, additionally, focusing on it more he now sees that the weapon itself is enchanted as well and made of cold iron.

Spellcraft - Ranseur DC20:
This is a +1 cold iron ranseur

Aside from the statue and the dead creatures, there is nothing else of interest in the room aside from the three other closed doors, leading west, east and south respectively.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Looking up at the blade she asks Drask "Can you use that thing? Maybe we should pick it up regardless. I don't like the idea of destroying the statue, but disarming it and taking its weapon with us sounds just fine to me."

Esrisi picks a direction and heads west, waving everyone on behind her. "Let's go this way."


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask looks up at the weapon. He rubs his chin. "Yes, I've used such weapons before. Good at harassing enemies from far away. I'm more deadly with my axe, but such a weapon has its uses."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es moves up and opens the western door. After a short hallway it opens up into a larger room where the bare stone floor of this room overlooks a stair that descends to the south. More shockingly though she sees several vaguely humanoid, deformed figures with waxy, almost liquid flesh that hangs from their twisted bones in ropes stand guard here; each is armed with a spear and stands motionless, at least until they notice her at the door.

Initiative:

Caroliss: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Drask: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Esrisi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Mokashi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Sapher: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Veltariel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Know. Planes - Creatures DC11:
You recognize these devils as Nupperibos. They are resistant to damage from weapons not made of silver or that are good aligned and resist damage from cold and acid.

Know. Planes - Creatures DC16:
In addition to the above you also know they are immune to fire, poison and mind-affecting effects.

Round 1
> Sapher/Drask/Caroliss/Vel,
Enemy, Mok/Es


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask moves up, standing in the doorway. "Sapher, another wall?"

Move action as shown on map, standard action full defense. AC is 21 for this round, plus mirror image is up.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Veltariel moves along quietly behind the others, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings, as well as on Sapher and Drask.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

"Good thought." Sapher says, but sees Ez taking up her part of the wall. The dwarf is unsure if the human is just in the way or wanting to take the lead in fight to prove herself, so at the moment just waits.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sapher waits to see what Es does, while Drask moves up to try and block the door. Caroliss, unsure of any threat waits for now as well while Vel moves up but can't see anything yet in the darkness ahead. The creatures on the other side of the door have no hesitation though as they advance toward the group.

Round 1
Drask/Vel, Enemy, > Mok/Es/Sapher(Delay)/Caroliss(Delay)
Round 2
Drask/Vel,
Enemy, Mok/Es/Sapher/Caroliss


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

As the creatures moved into view, Veltariel audibly gags and says ”Ugh, what are those things!?!?” as her hand hovers over her quivers.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Esrisi has no trouble piercing the darkness with her vision and instantly recognizes the creatures ahead. She says to her group "Nupperibos. We need silver or weapons aligned with good to hurt them."


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask begins his onslaught against the creatures!

Full attack. Once an attack lands, all following attacks will be at a +1.

Rage Attack TWF Primary (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8
Rage Damage TWF Primary (PA): 1d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17

Rage Attack TWF Offhand (PA): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14
Rage Damage TWF Offhand (PA): 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9

Bite Secondary (PA): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 = 11
Damage Secondary (PA): 1d4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11

I know the others like to buff Drask with various abilities so please retroactively add any bonuses they may impart.

Ooph, not a fantastic turn. MAYBE that 14 will hit if their AC is bad.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

When Drask lashes out, Esrisi's head snaps back to the frontline. She throws two quick jabs, attempting to at least injure it slightly despite knowing they were resistant to her. She lands the first strike, but she hits so hard that her fist hurts and she doesn't get anywhere close with the second swing.

Shaking her hand to get the pain away, she steps back to allow Sapher to step up in her place.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

”Silver, huh?” Vel says as her hand drifts over to her third quiver of silvered Arrows and retrieves a pair of arrows, letting them fly at the things.

Attack, PBS, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 14
Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack, PBS, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 12
Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Mokhasi quickly sputters out when he sees the Nupperibos, ”Devils - resists weapons, acid, cold. Immune to poison, fire, and mind things. Vulnerable to silver” Mokhasi pulls out a bit of alchemical grease and coats his fingers, waving them in a magical manner which instantly cleans them. The grease appears below the Nupperibos, making it difficult for them to stay standing.

Cast grease with alchemical power component alchemical grease, for +1 DC. DC 17 reflex save or fall prone. Can’t easily draw from work, but I’m trying to get both in the area with no friends.

Status:

Negative Effects: None
HP: 17/17
AC: 14 (Base 14)
Reservoir Points Used: 1/9
Lvl 0 Spells Memorized: Daze, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation
Lvl. 1 Spells Used (Grease, Burning Hands, Color Spray): 2/5


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Caroliss creates a mirror image of Esrisi! It looks stunning and gorgeous, just like the real thing. Esrisi has a single mirror image for 3 rounds.

She also gives Calistria's luck to Drask! Drask can reroll all d20s for a round (including the ones he just tried earlier).


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Since Caroliss would have acted before me, I presume I can use that reroll immediately. Please correct me if that seems wrong. I most certainly would have used that on the first attack since it was a nat 1.

Reroll Rage Attack TWF Primary (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22
Rage Damage TWF Primary (PA): 1d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 4 = 16

If that attack hits, the next two attacks would be increased by 1, to 15 and 12 respectively. If at any point target falls, onto next target.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Pretty sure you can reroll all d20’s once each round, so each attack gets two rolls. May as well fish for Croats!


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Oh s~*@. Sorry, I'm also in a game as a martial character with a person who gives us the ability to reroll once per round. Here are the other rerolls.

Reroll Rage Attack TWF Offhand (PA): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8
Rage Damage TWF Offhand (PA): 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16

Reroll Bite Secondary (PA): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3
Damage Secondary (PA): 1d4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12

HAHAHAHAHAHA


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

You've offended Calistria, Drask!


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Slow dwarf going slowly...

"Hard to kill... got it. Remind me to buy a silver weapon sometime please..." she steps forward to slam her hammer into the one Drask is hacking apart.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

I had a brain fart for a moment and thought she had a judgement that would get her past their DR, but only for magic DR until level 6!

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

I might have knocked them prone, too, for what it's worth, and provided the appropriate penalties/bonuses.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Grease is a lovely spell :)


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The two devils in the front manage to stay on their feet while the two in the back fall to the floor after Mok covers the floor beneath them with grease he conjured up. Es punches the one directly in front of her with a solid blow that nearly knocks it off its feet even with her just using her fist, but the follow up strike is not nearly as impressive. As Es moves back Sapher steps up into her space and bashes the same one Es just did, dropping it to the ground. Caroliss gives Drask a bit of luck and Sapher an image to confuse the enemies (shifting it to Sapher since she took Es's place). Drask slices into the last one nearby with his axe and cuts it in two regardless of usuing a mundane weapon. Vel looses two arrows that would have normally hit, but since the devils ended up on the ground instead she misses with both. The two devils stand up and then try to move forward to attack, unconcerned at the brutality the group has displayed.

Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

It doesn't matter though as when they step forward they slip in the grease once again and fall to the floor. After another set of brutal attacks the group puts a swift end to the two prone creatures remaining.

Out of Combat


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

”Well...that wasn’t so bad,” Vel says as she steps into the next room and gathers her two silver arrows.

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,632 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.