GM Dak - Shattered Star 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 3: In the Crow's Nest

Pics | Maps | Loot

Starting Day: Fireday, 2nd of Arodus 4712 AR
Current Day: Starday, 3rd of Arodus 4712 AR


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,328 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 9/9

Mokhasi blinks and instead summons a celestial eagle, which flies over to him. He pets the eagle idly, waiting for further instructions from Sapher.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The one mite who had spoken before responds "Anh hơi điên. Ý tôi là, anh ta dẫn dắt chúng tôi đủ tốt hoặc ít nhất là anh ta không cản đường chúng tôi, nhưng anh ta là vị vua chính đáng. Bây giờ nó không thành vấn đề kể từ khi bạn giết anh ta, nhưng thật ra thì đó có lẽ là điều tốt nhất. Nếu bạn rời khỏi chúng tôi, chúng tôi cũng sẽ để bạn một mình."

Undercommon:
"He was a little crazy. I mean, he lead us well enough or at the very least he didn't get in our way, but he was the rightful king. It doesn't matter now since you murdered him, but in all honesty it is probably for the best. If you leave us be, we will leave you alone as well."


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 26/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 3/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

"They said he was crazy, though he was the rightful king. They'll leave us alone if we leave them alone. Oh..."

undercommon:

Turning back to the mites, she'll put up her hammer to show they agree "We are... um..." how does one apologize for murdering your friends. "[/b]... sorry for your losses and our part in them...[/b]" she'll add awkwardly but honestly. "Um... also could we trade for the other 'crown'? We have plenty of armor and weapons from the other invaders."

Turning back to the mites, she'll put up her hammer to show they agree "Chúng tôi là... Um..." how does one apologize for murdering your friends. "[/b]... Xin lỗi vì tổn thất của bạn và phần của chúng tôi trong họ...[/b]" she'll add awkwardly but honestly. "Um... cũng có thể chúng tôi thương mại cho các ' Vương miện ' khác? Chúng tôi có rất nhiều áo giáp và vũ khí từ những kẻ xâm lược khác."


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

As things seem to be going back to talks, Veltariel decides to push their luck. She walks brazenly forward and takes the “crown” off the “King” and tosses it to Sapher as she passes her walking back into her own groups ranks.

May have been a bit much of an assumption there, so feel free to interject as need be, Dak. LOL!


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sapher talks to the mites and they seem like they are willing to consider her offer but then Vel strolls up to the dead king and snatches the crown from his corpses and tosses it back to Sapher. The mites just stand there a moment is shock as Vel walks back. Then one by one different mites start shouting "Tên trộm!"

Undercommon:
"Thief!"

The group of mites begin to get agitated and look ready to attack until the one who has been doing all the speaking chimes in "Người bạn giết người của bạn dường như muốn một cuộc chiến! Hãy cho chúng tôi vương miện hoặc trả cho chúng tôi giá trị của nó hoặc thỏa thuận của chúng tôi được thực hiện!"

Undercommon:
"Your murderous friend seems to want a fight! Give us the crown or pay us its worth or our agreement is done!"

The crown part of the crown that has been stolen from the murdered king is worth 500gp


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask growls at the mites and his weapon stays raised, but he holds his position as Sapher calls out for peace. He flicks his eyes between the mites and Sapher, not having any idea what is being said except what Sapher translates.

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Veltariel causes trouble again, only this time it wasn't with her. She watches as the elf tosses the "crown" back to Sapher and all of the mites begin to grow uneasy. She whispers to her friends. "I've got this."

A sudden crazy thought overtakes Esrisi, and she reaches into her pack and grabs a hold of the Shard of Pride. She remembers the room catching on fire and tries to reproduce an illusion just as the former Tower Girl had. Staring at the dead king on the ground, she makes a slightly transparent version of his body rise out of the fallen corpse.

The ghostly dead king holds up a hand to calm the commotion in the room. Ghost-king turns and opens his palm towards Sapher who now holds the crown in her hand.

Esrisi slowl moves up behind Sapher and whispers "Put it on."

Assuming Sapher does as instructed, the ghost-king turns back to his people and motions for them to do as he does. He turns to Sapher and kneels before her.

She whispers again "How do you say 'All hail Queen Sapher' in whatever they are speaking?"


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 26/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 3/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Saphet turns bright red but softy tells how to say it.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi repeats the words through the King's ghostly form as he takes a knee before Queen Sapher.

Linguistics to reproduce: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Diplomacy to sell it: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The mites are first even more shocked by the 'ghost' of their deceased king manifesting and then even more surprised when Sapher puts on the crown and the king begins to hail her. She has to stand pretty still since the bracer sized crown doesn't really fit on her head, but instead just precariously balances atop it.

The one mite who had been doing all the talking looks to the others and then eventually kneels himself and repeats the words. One by one all the other mites start to kneel and repeat the words that Sapher had told Esrisi.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi continues to whispers to Sapher, acting as her personal adviser. "Quick. Say something a queen would say."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask stares at the mites.

Then looks at Esrisi.

Then Sapher.

Then back at the mites.

"F#@!ing hell, I'm not cleaning up after them."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 21/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Wow, you really sold it, Ez! It takes everything Caroliss can manage not to burst out laughing at this absurd scene. She takes a deep breath, and whispers to Sapher.

"It's not just what you say, but also what you do. Go sit on that throne! We'll follow and be your trusted guards."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 26/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 3/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Standing with a tiny little crown on her head, the center of attention, the poor dwarf's face turns so red it looks like she is being squeezed by a giant and her head is seconds away from popping. Torn between wanting to throw the stupid little crown across the room (or at Ez's face) and knowing this was a way to keep dying to a minimum(something Bolka would want her to thank Ez for she is sure). None of which IS NOT made better by Drask's comments or Cars looking like she wants to explode in laughter.

"I'm not Sitting anywhere!!" she hisses as quietly as possible, then she takes a DEEP breath, which knocks the crown off, making her stumble around to grab it, then slamming it back on hard enough to make her wince.

Pointing at the talkative one "Bạn!" she yells, swears, then modulates her voice a bit. "Bạn ... chịu trách nhiệm khi tôi đi vắng, và bạn, bạn và bạn đến lấy vũ khí và áo giáp cho tất cả các bạn, điều đó sẽ giúp bảo vệ bạn khỏi nhện, bộ xương và tất cả những thứ còn lại ở đây mà chỉ muốn ăn bạn"

undercommon:

Pointing at the talkative one "YOU!" she yells, swears, then modulates her voice a bit. "You... are in charge while I'm away, and you, you, and you come pick out weapons and armor for all of you, that will help protect you from spiders, skeletons, and all the rest of the things down here that just want to eat you."

Turning to the others, "We'll let them have some of the tower girl's gear to pay for this!" her hand waves jeckedly at the ridiculous crown, "Then we'll get out of here, is that OKAY WITH YOU LOT?!?" the last bit might be phrased as a question, but is lacks that inquisitive tone everyone normally uses.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 9/9

Mokhasi watches the events unfold passively, and his eagle disappears. When everything ends, he nods at Sapher. ”This was not the path I would have taken, but I think the end result was better than we could have hoped for, yes? And I am in agreement that we should leave this place for a bit and gather our bearings.” He bows sincerely to Sapher, without a hint of mockery. ”By your leave,” a broad happy smile playing on his face, with Kiir glowing a pleasant green color.

Hah!


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The talkative mite nods to their Queen's new order and the other mites she points out move forward to get any gear that would be useful.

I'll let you deduct items from your loot as appropriate.

The rest of the trek back is uneventful as you pass by the corpses of the many foes you have slain, some of which have begun to smell rather ripe. Eventually you make your way back to the entrance where Drask can retrieve your water craft to get you all back to the city.

We are essentially on free time so just let me know what you all want to do, if you want to split up and do things spoiler it for me. Feel free to RP or just give me a summary. When everyone is ready let me know and we will head back inside. The big thing I need to know is if you are going to be away just for one night or longer.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 21/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Gathering back at the boats, Caroliss is clearly delighted at how the day ended. "All hail Sapher, queen of the mites!" She bows ostentatiously at Sapher. "Just make sure that your crown doesn't fall off your head and into the bay!"

She smiles at Esrisi. "I guess that makes you the queenmaker, Ez. You chose a worthy successor."

* * *

In the evening, Mokhasi hears a knock on his door. When he opens it, Caroliss is standing there struggling with a stack of books that are balanced between her arms and chin. "Yeesh, I thought you'd never open up!" she says, barging through and dropping the heavy stack on Mokhasi's desk with a sigh of relief.

She turns, still rubbing her arms, and smiles at the elf. "I thought about what you said today--how it's often important to specialize in a certain school of magic. So I decided to pick one--Divination. Can you help me practice until I get really good at it?"

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi can't help but take a knee when the mites do, going all in and bowing by laying her hands and face flat on the ground (or close to it, it's wayyyy to dirty to [i]actually[i] put your face on this ground!) With her face buried in the ground where no one can see her smirking and barely holding it in, she speaks loudly "ALL HAIL Sapher! Lady of Love! Translator of Undercommon! Queen of the Mites!"

Esrisi can barely contain herself once it's over and does her absolute best to keep from bursting in laughter as they make their way. She retells the look on Sapher's apple-red face over and over, insisting she continue to wear her crown the remainder of the way out.

When Caroliss remarks that Ez is a queenmaker, she just winks and smirks in return.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 26/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 3/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher does not continue to wear the crown no matter who insists once they are away from the mites, it being shoved in a pack with the other one. And then concentrates on dealing with the abject terror of crossing the death trap that is every large body of water. All done a quietly as possible spiked with the occasional loud snapping barks of 'leave me alone'.

***

Finding her familiar---

As the ragged band of pathfinders enter the city, Sapher finds herself going to unload things at the market, acting as a mule for the ones best at convincing people that they want this junk. It is only after, as she is leaving, that she feels something tug at her, a spiritual tug, making her turn and look at across the road, to the inbetweens of the cloth stalls, to a patch of cobblestone where the sun's beams are bathing a creature so majestic, it takes her breath away, makes her dark eyes widen in surprise and recognition, a touch of a smile tug at her lips.
But then that moment passes, and the veil of romance, the rose colored glasses her goddess so delights in, shatters and reality takes hold. The dwarf mutters a curse so vile a passing mother rushes her pure child away from such a dirty mind. “No” she follows up after the curse and hurriedly walks off, but not fast enough to escape the flurry of annoyed clucks that chase after.

Later in the common room, a gloomy Sapher Mornshire sits staring at a truly lovely snow white plump hen, who as nestled in the center of her table like a queen, staring back with what one would assume is the closest approximation of amused superiority that a chicken can make. “I believe my goddess is making a point here” she mutters to anyone who asks. “Her normal scared animal is the falcon. Plenty of the priestess had them, yep. That is normal, but I'm not normal, am I? No, not me... so I get... her.

And no, you can't cook it.” she's had to state that several times already to the cooks already so it has become a standard reply.

though chickens are pretty crap as familiars go, I felt this one just made sense for Sapher :)

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 9/9

Looks like we're sleeping overnight, I'm going to change my spells out then.

Mokhasi returns with everyone else quietly, his familiar following close behind. He assists Sapher to liquidate the assets, and borrows a bit of money from her to pay for his new amulet.

He watches as she gets the chicken familiar, and is very sincerely happy for her. "I believe I read once that meaning is found most often in simple things - is not the chicken one of the most valuable animals to civilization? It is, perhaps better that your friend has come to you willingly - " He points to Kiir "instead of being a manifestation of your inability to process your feelings."

He spends much of his time reading books of Thassalonian history until Caroliss knocks on his door. He allows her to enter, and keeps the door open when she is inside.

"Certainly, I was just reading this book, but I will help you however you would like. Divination has three sub-specialties as well, if you would like to further: prophecy, foresight, and scryer. They are somewhat self-explanatory. Your insight can be even more focused, should you care to make that the case. Please peruse my spellbook, but remember I have tabbed the pages which are not permitted to be viewed." He hands her his spellbook to allow her to view it during the evening. "I will need it back for the morning, however." Mokhasi smiles at her pleasantly, holding his book.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Feel free to continue RPing while you get the loot sorted, just waiting on Vel, Drask and Es for what their plans are for the rest of the day. If you are making any major item purchases please let me know.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

I'm still a bit confused by the loot sheet so I don't know how much I have to spend.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 9/9

Its around 1274, if you aren’t claiming anything that we found, though you should look through the gear and see if there’s anything you want. Also, Sapher, you may want to keep the mwk chain shirt for you if you sleep - since you can’t easily sleep in medium armor and it’s worth a decent amount, instead of giving it away.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Veltariel was pleasantly surprised with her take of the expedition so far. It was more coin than she had had in a long time. But even so, she was still in debt to Adorellan. She collected the gold she owed him into a separate pouch and headed to his quarters. ”Mokhasi, I just wanted to say-“ she stops when she sees he and Caroliss close together in his room, books scattered amongst them.

”Oh. I didn’t mean to...here’s the coin I owe you...” she says bluntly as she drops it into his room with a heavy thud. She then turns and walks quickly off towards the common area.

She makes her way to the fireplace and stretches out beside it, folding her arms behind her head as a pillow as she stares blankly at the ceiling.

What is the matter with me? Why is seeing them reading bothering me so much? Is she trying to make a move on him? Is he making a move on her? Why?


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Gotcha. I think I would like the potion of CMW and a potion of Invisibility. Would that take my share down by the buying price or the selling price, so would I be at 674 gold or 974 gold as my share?

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 9/9

Reduces share by selling price.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

After stretching out by the fireplace a while, trying to relax, it eventually became clear that thinking about it was just stressing her out more and more. By the time she decided to do something else, she was sweating from the heat of the flames.

She made her way back to her quarters, quickly passing by Mokhasi’s room without looking inside, and collected her quivers, bow, and pack before heading off back to the Elven goods supplier she had found previously.

She makes a few purchases and trades, then heads back to her beachside spot north of the city. She kicks off her boots and lays her supplies out beside her, letting herself become lost in her work as the ocean laps away rhythmically against her bare feet.

Craft (Bows): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

By the time she was finished, the sun was starting to set. Her skin was glowing from soaking up the remainder of the day’s sun. She held one of her new arrows up, the arrowhead sparkling in the setting sunlight. Her eyes narrowed a bit as she appreciated her work, before returning everything to its place and putting her boots back on and heading back to the Human Taskmasters abode.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Once they are finally away from the endless dungeon inside of the Irespan, Esrisi ensures she is the first one to make it to the bath. She strips off her garments and spends entirely too much time scrubbing the grime from her body and soaking away her bumps and bruises. While cleaning, she reflects on the numerous bolts that pierced her body and had nearly sent her to her death a few days earlier.

After she is cleaned up she gets dressed and waits to find Caroliss alone. She pulls her aside once she's finished with Mokhasi and speaks in private, ensuring no one else is nearby. "I have an idea on how to handle our little nasty elf problem. I'm going to step out for an hour or so to pick up a little something to help ..." she pauses, putting her finger on her chin for a second "keep her loyalties straight." she settles on with a smile. "If we're going to continue to spend time with that half-cocked creature, best she stays focused on the important tasks at hand instead of needling me."

When pressed on details, she waves her bestie off. "It's no big deal, don't worry. I'll be back in a flash. You can do me a favor however. Can you set the stage for a chat between she and I? Tell her I'd like to speak to her later tonight and make amends over a nice elven wine. Make up some ridiculousness about how ready to right all of my previous mistakes."


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Veltariel arrived back at the manor just a bit before the sun starts to nestle up to the ocean horizon. She made her way back to her quarters and set her belongings out in proper order. Her eyes catch the arrows stored in the golden leather quiver, and she smirks at them before heading to the window and opening it, leaning on the frame as she watched the sun set.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 21/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"What was that about?" Caroliss is in the midst of discussing the finer points of scrying implements with Mokhasi and holding a crystal ball in her hand when Vel walks in, and just as suddenly walks out. "I don't think you've ever explained how you met Veltariel. For all the things in the world she hates, she obviously likes you."

Eventually, Caroliss concludes her studies for the evening when she runs into Esrisi and hears about her scheming. "I've seen that look before, Ez. You are up to no good!" Caroliss considers her friend's request. "Oh yeah, just convince your mortal enemy to have a nice sit-down with you, that'll be easy!" Caroliss's voice is full of sarcasm, but she shrugs, suggesting that she'll give it a try.

* * *

Caroliss knocks quietly on Veltariel's quarters. When the door opens, she remarks. "Hi Vel, I saw you stopping by Mokhasi's room earlier. Just wanted to let you know that I've wrapped up, so he's probably free again." She smiles and turns to leave, before turning around again, almost as an afterthought. "Oh, before I forget. Esrisi wants to make amends over a bottle of Elven wine. I think she understands that she's made a lot of mistakes recently, and she's ready to set things right. It would be nice if the two of you could meet to clear the air."

Caroliss tries to pretend that she is conveying a sincere message, even as she knows Esrisi has something odd planned.
Bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

* * *

In the meantime, Sapher finds that Caroliss's capybara, Billy, is following her chicken around. He waddles around and starts sniffing in the chicken's direction, even as the plump hen stares him down. Finding the chicken was not immediately receptive, Billy turns toward Sapher, wiggling his whiskers in search of some attention.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Veltariel turns her over her shoulder towards Caroliss as she speaks. [b]”It’s fine.”

At her second point, she scoffs and turns back to the window.

Wonder what got into the human? Maybe Mokhasi said something to her. Or maybe she wants a round three...
__________
Later That evening, after bed time...

There is a gentle knock on the door to Esrisi’s room.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 26/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 3/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher reaches down and scratches the plumb little rodent on the back of his neck, giving him a smile. After several more its meaningful looks to the hen, she whispers "No, you can't eat her either. Sorry little one."

Then the weary dwarf picks up her poultry, cradling her under her arm, and heads off to bed.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Vel - I have to run an errand first, assume there is no answer for now.

- - -

God help me if I never need to catch Caroliss in a lie.

Mischief unManaged for Dak:

Esrisi winks when Caroliss accepts the job. "If anyone can pull it off, it's you."

With that task complete, she decides to set her plan into motion. She tries not to think about what she is about to do, the thought of going to this place makes her extremely uncomfortable. Taking a deep breath, she steels herself and changes out of her adventuring gear back into more formal attire that is fitting of a lady. Once changed, she waits until she is sure the coast is clear and no one is around before she slips out of Heidmarch Manor and makes her way to the Alabaster District.

In and out, off the market in ten minutes. Don't be seen.

She rehearses her plan along the way, talking herself up the daunting task ahead. As she approaches the large manor and and sees the guard posted out front she curses her luck. Of course he's paying attention!

With the guard out front she calls into question her plan and doubts herself, unsure whether to proceed. It must be done. She must learn respect. You have no choice!

Gritting her teeth she groans audibly and says "Gods help me...". She looks around to ensure the coast is clear before she lifts her head back and slams her forehead into the the iron railing. She screams as everything goes white and she collapses to the ground, everything in a blur. Blood pours down her face as she slowly makes her way back to her feet, tears spilling down her face from the throbbing in her head. Wiping the blood off the railing, she screams "Help! Help! Catch him before he gets away!"

She knew the guard, Mattheus. A sweet and gullible boy who always seemed to have a thing for Esrisi, she'd have no trouble pulling on his heart strings. When he catches sight of the injured lady with blood gashing from her head, he exclaims "My Lady! What happened?!" she points down the street into an abandoned alley and exclaims. "He... hit me... took my bag... Go .. get him please. I'm, I'm fine. Yes. Please go. Now. I'll go get help. YES. GO!"

As he rushes off calling for the fake perpetrator, she rushes towards the house. Looking through the window for signs that it is clear, she moves inside and goes straight towards the den.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

As she moves quickly, she slips on a freshly mopped floor and crashes into a table, spilling the books and vase to the floor with a loud shatter.

S+@$!!! Go-go-go

She leaves the mess where it is and scrambles forward to the den. Stumbling through the hallway, she leaves bloody hand prints and pools of blood in her wake as she crashes through the exquisite marbled hallway towards the large oak doors. Pushing on them she finds that they are both locked. NO! Can't stop now! Growling in frustration she rips her glove off and shoves her blackened hand onto the lock, letting her curse fill the mechanism until it cracks and breaks in two with a satisfying thunk.

Blood pouring down her face, vision half-blurred, she bursts into the den and throws open the cabinet of vials she knew were kept in here. As she stares at the nearly three dozen colored vials before her, she is completely caught off guard that none of them are labeled.

"Nonononono!" she stammers as she swings her gaze back and forth between the magical potions in rapid succession. As she tries to settle on what to take, blood keeps running down her face and into her eyes. She wipes the blood onto her dress so she can see and stows several vials into her dress. She is about to take a green vial when someone calls out to her.

"Just what in the nine hells do you think you are doing here!"

Esrisi freezes as a near worst case scenario just became realized. She lets her head sink to her chest and slowly spins to face her second least favorite person in the entire world, her sister and family scion Ulisa Derexi.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es:
As Es turns she sees her sister has a sinister grin that Es knows means nothing good is about to come of this. Ulisa shakes her head at the sight of her bloody sister with a handful of potions in her hands "You are quite the mess aren't you? Have things gotten so bad for you that you have now resorted to stealing from the family?"

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Dak:

"I." she starts and abruptly stops, unsure how to proceed.

Esrisi has never had a good relationship with her older sister. She knows that she is in a terrible position here and any attempts to be combative would only further the trouble she now finds herself in. With a heavy sigh puts both of her arms behind her back and straightens up tall like a lady should, which is ridiculous given the fact she looks half dead covered in blood all over her face and dress.

"Uhm. I'm hurt. I was hoping to, uhm, use a potion to fix my injuries?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

That sounded terrible. You need to learn how to lie better. Make a note to talk to Caroliss about this.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es:
Ulisa just laughs "Well I can tell you are hurt, but you aren't hear just looking for a potion to fix your injuries. Why don't you tell me the real reason you are here, or we can just get the guards involved and let them sort it out instead?" She starts to slowly turn to go summon the guards.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Dak:

Esrisi's eyes widen. "Nonono! It's ok! You're right, you're right. There's more. No guards, okay? Father doesn't need to know either, right? This is just between us? Okay? I'll tell you everything."

Feeling trapped, she closes her eyes she takes a deep breath as she tries to figure out what to tell her sister. It takes a few seconds, but she slowly opens her eyes and starts to explain.

"Ok, so it's like this. I know it's been awhile since we've talked and you probably don't know this, but I joined the Pathfinder Society. I'm doing so well that they have me on this extremely important mission that's going to bring the Derexhi name great prestige and honor. We've already accomplished some amazing things in just a very short time."

Realizing she's already gotten off track, she gets to the point. "The problem is, there is this ... other person who's got something personal against me. They are combative, ill-tempered, abusive, obstinate, cold-hearted and all around nuisance that is preventing me from succeeding in my goals. I thought..." Actually. Sort of like you are to me. You'd like her a lot Ulisa.

Esrisi turns to look back at the vials in the den. "Well. I thought if I could just pick up a potion that would, let's say, make the person more inclined to be agreeable to me, things would go a lot smoother."

She holds her hands up defensively "Nothing to serious of course, just a subtle, barely noticeable shift to reduce conflict and help me prove my leadership abilities to the Venture Captain."

Swallowing hard, she offers a smile to her sister. "Will you help me Ulisa? Please? I know we haven't always seen eye to eye in the past. And I'm still very sorry about that thing that happened at that last banquet, that wasn't my fault. Father's not still mad, is he? You know that wasn't my fault, right?"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es:
Ulisa takes in Es's words and waits a moment before replying. She smiles at Es and nods "Well, I appreciate the honesty. You know, that is good for you that you've joined the Pathfinders and it is working out for you and really everything has been going well here too, so you know what, I will help you."

She walks over to Es and pulls out a handkerchief to wipe some of the blood from her face "Her hold this on your wound. Now, I have a contact that I think can get you just what you need to help you with your little situation. Go to Ordellia and seek out Billivin, he has a shop there. I will write a coded letter and send with you so he can get you what you need. You'll need some money too. Father still has that stash in the chest under the rug, I bet there will be enough there to get you what you need."

She pulls you along and then pushes you out the room toward the hidden stash "Hurry, I will write the note you need, you meet me back here and then I'll help you get past the guards."

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Dak:
As if a huge burden had just been lifted off of her shoulders, Ez lets her posture relax as she blows out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank you Uls! Thank you so much! I can't tell you what this means to me."

She takes the handkerchief from her sister and holds it to her wound while memorizing what she was just told. "Ordellia. Billivin. Got it. Right." she says nodding along.

When they get to the room with the hidden stash, she drops to all fours and pulls the rug up. She sits the handkerchief on the floor and uses her bloody hands to pull the chest out. Using her curse to fill the lock, it creaks and groans before popping open. She sets the chest down and opens it up to reveal gems, platinum and gold pieces. She thrusts her hand into the loot and then pauses, looking up at Ulisa. "How much do I need? All of it, are you sure? This... This is a lot of money Uls. Ok, yes, I trust you. Ok. Right. I can pay it back before he finds out."

Taking direction from her sister, Esrisi steals thousands of gold worth of gems and coin from her fathers stash. Emptying the chest, she closes it back up and frowns when she notices the lock is busted beyond repair and its covered in blood. When her sister tells her she will clean it up and fix it all and that she should hurry up and go before he returns or someone sees them, she nods and pleads her thanks again.

Ulisa tells Esrisi to say there for a moment and she hurries back with a clean dress and a note. She tells her to strip out of the bloody clothes, into the clean ones so she looks less noticeable in public. She gives Esrisi the note and helps her slip out the back, unnoticed.

Esrisi takes two steps and turns back to her sister. "Ulisa, thank you. Thank you so much. I can't tell you what this means to me. I'm so thankful, I owe you so much. You just let me know what I can do to help you and I'll be there. I'm staying at the Heidmarch Manor if you need me."

She rushes forward and tries to give Ulisa a hug, but her older sister steps back and shoes her off telling her she should go before she's noticed. Esrisi steps into the shadows as her sister moves to the house and screams something about a burglar, calling the attention of the guards. As the guards dash towards the house, Ez slips out into the shadows and starts running for Ordellia.

Why would she say burglar? she ponders as she makes her way to find this Billivin character, clutching her note tightly in her hand.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es:
You make your way to Ordellia and find the shop that your sister instructed you to locate. They are getting ready to close up for the night but when you hand over the note you are rushed inside.

The relatively plain facade of this wooden one story building doesn’t do justice to the chaos that lurks within. This shop’s interior is a tangled, insane maze of sagging shelves and teetering display cases cluttered with a diverse array of vials, alchemical supplies, potion ingredients, books, scrolls, bits of sculpture, spell components, and all manner of other bits of clutter hoarded inside. The assistant brings you to the shopkeeper, a gnome with spiky blackish purple hair and a goatee wound up with a band at the end.

The assistant introduces you to Billiver Billivin and hands over the note. He takes a look at it and grins "Oh so you need a potion to make someone really like you a lot then? I've got just the thing I can mix up for you. Ms. Derexhi said you could pay for it yes? It isn't cheap by any means, that's for sure."

Once Es assures him that she can pay he asks "I assume you plan to give this to someone, would you like me to mix into something? If I include it during the creation process it helps to conceal the taste of the actual potion."

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Dak:
Esrisi grows a little uneasy at the mess of a shop she finds herself in, but she feels lucky to have caught the keeper before they closed down for the night. She nods to his summary, "Right. Oh, you can pre-mix it? Then, yes, absolutely!"

She pulls out two bottles of the same elven wine she picked up on her way here. One of the bottles has a marking on the bottom and she finds that bottle and hands it to Billiver. "I'd like it mixed into this one, please. That would be fantastic!"

When Billiver re-iterates the need for payment, she nods and produces a leather satchel and dumps the money on the counter. "I was told that it costs this much, is this enough? This seems like an awful lot of money for a potion, but Ulisa told me you're the best and it work exactly for what I needed."

Ez waits anxiously while the shopkeeper takes the money and goes to work on the potion mixing.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Es:
The gnome is surprised at the satchel of coin and gem that Es provides but nodes and simply takes what she offers. "Give me about an hour, you are welcome to wait and look through my collection if you like but no touching!"

The gnome takes the payment and the wine into his back room and gets to work while the assistant finishes locking up and tidies up around the store, keeping an eye on you.

After just about an hour the gnome emerges from his office and present you with the bottle of wine. You can't even tell it has been opened or anything, he definitely does masterful work.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Dak:

Esrisi paces back and forth in the shop looking around at all of the vials and concoctions that are on display. She realizes she probably needs to get smarter about potions and some point, most of this stuff is completely lost on her. She doesn't need to be told twice about touching anything, she has years of lessons of breaking things to learn from.

When the alchemist finishes his work with the potion and wine, Esrisi is amazed at the craftmanship he possesses. "This is really excellent work Billiver!" Thanking the gnome she takes her leave and hustles back to Heidmarch Manor.

Before entering, she casts a cure spell to fix the self-inflicted wound from earlier and make sure all appearances are normal.

Entering the manor, she moves directly to the kitchen first where she retrieves three wine glasses before heading up to her room.
Once back in her room, Esrisi places her wine bottles down carefully and collapses on her bed with a gleeful giggle. I can't believe Ulisa helped me out! she reminisces, overcome with excitement to truly read any possible sinister involvement into her sisters assistance earlier in the evening.

Clearing her throat and cracking her neck, she changes back into her casual clothing and grabs the bottles of wine along with glasses she borrowed and stows them in her chest. She opens the regular bottle and pours out a glass of wine, sitting it into the chest alongside the other empty glasses and sealed bottle.

Caroliss:

Caroliss enters their shared room catching Esrisi hunched over her chest in the midst of doing something inside it. She quickly closes the chest, clearly trying to hide something.

Ez spins, a guilty look on her face "Uh, di did you talk to Veltariel?" she asks. When she receives affirmation, she smiles and offers thanks. "Fantastic. Thanks Caroliss. Can I have the room for a bit? I want to talk to her alone and try to clear the air with her a bit. I'll give you a shout when we're done so you can hit the sack. I know you're probably exhausted from earlier in your service to Queen Sapher." A brief giggle escapes her smiling lips, unable to refrain from acknowledging the hilarity of the situation.

A brief exchange of girl chat starts to occur, but Ez forces Caroliss out of the room just as a knock happens and she emphasizes she wants Caroliss out.

Caroliss and Vel:

Esrisi opens the door when Veltariel knocks, turning to look back at Caroliss. She turns to her friend and says "I'll talk to you later Cars, I need to talk to Veltariel for a few minutes."

Esrisi helps Caroliss out the door and then swings her arm inwards into the room "Please, come in. Have a seat. I have a few things I'd like to say to clear the air."

Veltariel:
Once Caroliss is gone and Veltariel enters, Esrisi closes the door and makes her way over to the chest. She opens it and withdraws an exquisite bottle of elven wine, showing it to the elf. "I went out tonight and searched for a bottle of elven wine. I don't know if you like this kind, but the elven merchant highly recommended it. This is me making a peace offering Veltariel."

After Vel takes a seat, Ez walks back to her chest and sets the bottle down inside it, out of sight and next to the other glasses and bottle of wine. She takes the tool out to unseal it and pops the cork on the bottle and then reaches into her chest and pours the first glass of wine for Vel and then pours the second glass of wine for herself.

Setting the wine bottle down, she reaches into the chest and grabs two glasses, making sure to keep Veltariel's glass in her left hand and hers in her right hand. Holding both glasses she says "I've been a b%##& to you. I've instigated situations that have caused us to escalate to unnecessary levels and have created a division between our party members. I want to clear the air and start over. We have important things we are trying to accomplish and we will be more successful if we agree to not get in each others way."

She hands the glass of elven wine to Veltariel. "I propose a toast. Let's agree we will stay out of each others way so that Caroliss and Mokhasi are not collateral damage in our prior feud. I apologize for getting in your face and escalating the issue previously. I just want to try and work together as a team to accomplish our mission."

Holding up her glass for a toast, she waits for Veltariel's response.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

When Esrisi opens the door, she sees Veltariel there, arms folded. She isn’t wearing her armor or boots, just her worn skirt and cropped shirt. She eyes Caroliss passively as she leaves, then stepping into the room, instinctively feeling off.

Come in, said the spider to the fly...

She closes the door behind her.

Esrisi:
Veltariel sits down, crossing her legs and bobbing her bare foot up and down in the air as Esrisi talks. After she finishes her claim, Veltariel sits quietly a moment before asking bluntly ”Aurochs s*&@. What is really going on here?”

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Vel:

Esrisi stares Veltariel in her eyes and puts on a sorrowful expression of remorse. Holding the glass of wine out to Veltariel she says. "I'm serious here Vetariel. Enough of the infighting. I am clearly outmatched against you and its futile for me to continue to attempt to exert that energy against you. I am not warrior your are, this is clear to me now. Perhaps one day you might even help teach me how I could be less of a hindrance to our party and more assistance. I'm going to stay out of your way."

This is it. Moment of truth. Do it like Caroliss does. Believe it yourself and she'll believe it. Sell it.

Extending the glass to Veltariel once more she treads into dangerous territory, knowing her next words have dire consequences. Esrisi waits for the right moment to respond, knowing that if she just blurts out a response it will not look authentic. She emphasizes "I promise that I will do my best to ensure we are working on the same side from now on."

Bluff + Vow + Calculate: 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 + 4 = 26

With a deep breath she adds "To prove it, I'm going to entrust you with a piece of information that only a very few select group of people know about me. I am trust you to keep this to yourself."

Closing her eyes lowers her voice to a soft whisper as she adds "I am not a human like you accuse me so often, I only appear to be so as to prevent embarrassment to my family name. My heritage comes from the heavens above, and I claim another plane as my ancestral home. I am an aasimar."


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Esrisi:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Veltariel looks at her closely when she makes her claim. She keeps a stern face as she studies her eyes.

”HAHAHAHA!” she bursts out laughing!

”Yeah, good one! Sure! And I’m...I’m a vampire!” she mocks as she takes her glass of wine and tosses it back, downing it in one solid drink.

”You are a bold one, I have to say. To come up with a tale like that.”

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Vel:
Esrisi can't believe Veltariel's reaction. Even after Vel throws the wine back, she finds herself standing there holding her out staring at her.

"I..."

B$&~!! I open myself up to her and she laughs in my face?!

Looking down at her wine, she temporarily forgets why she is even in this situation and lowers her glass. She briefly contemplates trying to defend herself and make her understand she was telling the truth, but her continued laughter and mockery grinds at the oracle.

She takes a sip of her wine like a lady would, not some barbarian throwing down whiskey at a bar full of heathens. Taking a seat she looks over at Veltariel, not laughing or showing signs of joking. "I'm serious Veltariel. My father has worked hard to disguise me in the family and I've been forbidden for every speaking those words outloud. If my family were to find out I just told you I would be locked away, beaten and starved for weeks as punishment."

Her hands trembles as she briefly considers getting caught and looks over her should to make sure her father isn't watching. "Regardless if you believe me or not, please do not repeat it."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Vel:
Vel tips back the wine and drinks it in one gulp. After she stops laughing she looks at Es and it's strange something is different. It's like her eyes have been opened up to everything she has been missing about Es. Maybe she really does have celestial blood or maybe it was just really good wine but you feel helpful rather than spiteful or irritated. If Vel swings that way, it almost feels like she has fallen in love with Es. She was beautiful and rather amusing for an apparently half-human and she always seemed to have the best intentions, maybe she wasn't so bad after all. If not love it was at least a platonic adoration.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Esrisi:
...

Veltariel looks at Esrisi, the girl becoming emotional after revealing this “secret.” Veltariel sighs and reaches over, putting her hands on Esrisi’s. ”Relax. Breath. I believe you. I won’t tell anyone. Look, I haven’t been making things any easier. I know that. How about this...” she says as she stands. ”Hang on.”

She then slips out of the room. After a minute, she comes back, carrying the golden leather quiver of arrows in her hands.

She sits back down and lays them on the table, her own eyes watering up. ”I...I’m sorry.”

She sighs heavily and adds ”I could use another,” as she lifts her glass.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Veltariel:
Overcome with the emotions relating to her heritage, she doesn't immediately connect the dots on Veltariel's apology. She tries to slow down her breathing and let go of the anxeity associated with getting in trouble and focus on her breathing like the elf suggests.

Wait a minute.

Esrisi's eyes snap up to Veltariel when she comes in and starts crying. She inhales sharply as she finally puts the pieces together and gasps. HOLY S#$@ IT WORKED!!!

Esrisi immediately stands from her seat and snatches Veltariel's glass into her hand and spins away from the elf. She stands there for a moment, fighting away excitement a smile from rising from her lips. She clears her throat to bring back seriousness and makes her way to the chest where she pours another glass of wine for Veltariel.

As she walks over and hands it to her, she adds "It's ok. Thank you for keeping it to yourself. I-" she trails off as she looks down at the golden leather of quiver of arrows. Her right hand flashes to her hair subconsciously, making sure it's still there.
I know what that is supposed to represent.

"Those arrows. Are they meant to mock me or remind me of my inferior abilities against you?"

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,328 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.