GM Erich's Devil We Know Series (Inactive)

Game Master Thereus, Silver Crusader

Four part series set in Cassomir. Season One for Tier 1-7 characters


1,101 to 1,139 of 1,139 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

@Cyclic, Eka No bless this time around, not that it will matter with that roll.

@Qiroyo, we will assume you drew your crossbow on the move over to the derro (since you would have dropped it when stunned, and I didn't assume you had it out). Not sure where the extra 2 damage comes from though. Don't think he has studied anyone yet.

Qiroyo plants a bolt into the heart of the frozen derro and Eka connects with a glancing blow. The wide derro tries to engage Cyclic but she is having none of that.

red fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Yellow vs Cyclic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage vs Cyclic: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Round 4 - Bold can act
Red Derro* -15 damage <held>
Altorin -9 damage
Orange Derro* -5 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -11 damage
Yellow Derro**
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -11 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith>

Dark Archive

Gnome Inquisitor of Irori 1 / Sensei 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 14 | HP 14/20 | F +7 R +4 W +7 (+4 vs disease/poison, +2 vs illusions) | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Advice 4/4 rds
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Linguistics +6, Perception +8, Profession (Librarian) +10, Stealth +10, all Knowledge Skills +2 (+3 for identifying monsters), all Profession skills +5

My bad. I thought I had studied it before the touch attack. But I didn't.

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

And my bad. I saw that Cyclic's post had bless noted in it and assumed that it was active. D'oh!

Grand Lodge

Human Male Paladin (Tempered Champion) 3 HP 11/26 | AC:20 | T:11 | FF:19 | cmd:17 | Fort +7 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Fire Resist 1 | Init. +2 | Perc:+0 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil: 1/1; Lay on Hands: 1/6; Aura of Courage | Status: N/A

Sir Durant cocks his head to one side, then the other, cracking his neck as he draws his blade at last. "Right then, let's end this. IOMEDAAAAAEEEE!!!" With a fierce battle cry, the paladin lunges toward the derro, calling upon his goddess to smite these evil beings, and strikes.

Swift action smite evil, move action to move up 5ft and draw a weapon, attack!

Longsword, smite: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 = 13 Damage, smite: 1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 = 8
Hmmm...nope. I'm gonna use a T-shirt reroll on that one.
Longsword, smite: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 3 = 22 That'll do!

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Sir Durant takes a double swing at the derro, guided by Iomedae's grace, and strikes solidly. Cyclic steps away from her pesky attacker and blesses the party. With a lunge, Mange takes down the held derro.

red,orange: 1d2 ⇒ 1 red
to hit bite, bless: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage bite: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Round 5 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Red Derro* -25 damage <unconscious>
Altorin -9 damage
Orange Derro* -13 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -11 damage
Yellow Derro**
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -11 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith>

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

Sorry. Somehow I did not see that it was my turn. But you did exactly as I would have.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Kineticist 2 - HP 21/21, AC 17/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +12 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +1 - CMB: +0 - CMD: 13, Speed: 30, Init. +5

Seeing one of the Derros go down, Altorin turns his attention to the caster and sends a barrage of ice particles his way.

Cold Blast, Ranged Touch, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Need an SR check for the cold blast.

Altorin sidearms the lone derro as it tries to torment Cyclic, drenching a piece of the torch next to him as well. Sensing the doom around him, the other derro uses the great stone column to withdraw and circle around for a fresh target.

In Aklo:
"Join me brother, we must kill as one!"

Provokes from Eka

Round 5 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Red Derro* -25 damage <unconscious>
Altorin -9 damage <Need SR check>
Orange Derro* -13 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -11 damage <Gets an AOO on Orange>
Yellow Derro** -7 damage
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -11 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith>

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

AOO
As the derro dashes behind the stone column, Eka attempts to catch it with her blade.

cold iron bardiche: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 221d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Includes Bless

Round 5

Her eyes dart along the visible edge of the column, anticipating the derro's appearance on the other side. Once it stops beside Altorin she steps back from it to try to finish it off. "Trickssy little one."

cold iron bardiche: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 191d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Includes Bless

Dark Archive

Gnome Inquisitor of Irori 1 / Sensei 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 14 | HP 14/20 | F +7 R +4 W +7 (+4 vs disease/poison, +2 vs illusions) | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Advice 4/4 rds
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Linguistics +6, Perception +8, Profession (Librarian) +10, Stealth +10, all Knowledge Skills +2 (+3 for identifying monsters), all Profession skills +5

Qiroyo reloads, then steps towards Mange and casts Guidance on the animal.

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

SR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The gnome inquisitor reloads his crossbow but second-guesses a shot and instead blesses the wolf's next endeavor.

As the tricky derro rounds into view again, Eka slashses into him, steps back and tries to again, but is unfortunately blocked by Altorin's presence.

The final derro steps closer and runs his sword into poor Cyclic, a deranged smile across his smushed little face. But she avoids all but the initial cut.

yellow sword vs Cyclic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Round 5/6 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Orange Derro* -19 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -11 damage
Yellow Derro** -7 damage
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -12 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith> <guidance>
-------------------
Altorin -9 damage

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

Cyclic tucks her wand of bless away and collects her spear. I'm assuming that when she cast bless last round she dropped her spear in order to draw the wand.

Mange dashes over to confront the Derro that has been harassing Cyclic.

to hit bite, bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
damage bite: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
trip, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

Human Male Paladin (Tempered Champion) 3 HP 11/26 | AC:20 | T:11 | FF:19 | cmd:17 | Fort +7 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Fire Resist 1 | Init. +2 | Perc:+0 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil: 1/1; Lay on Hands: 1/6; Aura of Courage | Status: N/A

Sir Durant turns and finds the enemy has come around behind him and begun an attack on his artillery units. He wheels around, his shield blazing like sunlight, and moves in to remove the threat to his rearguard.

Longsword, bless, smite: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 3 = 14 Damage, smite: 1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Sir Durant swings just over the derro's head but Mange bounds in to take a good chunk out of the other and dropping him onto his back.

Round 5/6 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Orange Derro* -19 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -11 damage
Yellow Derro** -14 damage <prone>
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -12 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith> <guidance>
-------------------
Altorin -9 damage

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Kineticist 2 - HP 21/21, AC 17/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +12 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +1 - CMB: +0 - CMD: 13, Speed: 30, Init. +5

Altorin withdraws out of melee.

Not much I can do in melee and I don't think it's worth provoking quite yet...

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Altorin slips unnoticed behind Eka's bardiche swing. With furrowed brow, the last standing derro steps to the nagaji and stabs violently.

orange stab at Eka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
orange confirm at Eka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 6/7 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Orange Derro* -19 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -15 damage
Yellow Derro** -14 damage <prone>
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -12 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith> <guidance>
-------------------
Altorin -9 damage

Dark Archive

Gnome Inquisitor of Irori 1 / Sensei 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 14 | HP 14/20 | F +7 R +4 W +7 (+4 vs disease/poison, +2 vs illusions) | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Advice 4/4 rds
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Linguistics +6, Perception +8, Profession (Librarian) +10, Stealth +10, all Knowledge Skills +2 (+3 for identifying monsters), all Profession skills +5

Seeing that his insightful Guidance helped Mange attack, he does the same with Sir Durant.
Casting Guidance on Sir Durant. @Cyclic You forgot to include my buff last round.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

Nice. I thought guidance was a morale bonus for some reason. So that makes Mange's attack a 20, though I don't think it helps his trip attack.

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

Five foot Stepping back to put the final derro in range, Eka grunts in pain as she takes a desperate swing at it. She knows that one more hit could be the end of her. Again.

cold iron bardiche: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 181d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Includes Bless

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Kineticist 2 - HP 21/21, AC 17/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +12 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +1 - CMB: +0 - CMD: 13, Speed: 30, Init. +5

Want me to try and mage tank to absorb some damage?

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Qiroyo enhances the paladin's next endeavor through Irori's grace and Eka eliminates another derro threat with a desperate slash.

Realizing the battle is nearly lost, the prone derro merely waves his sword to keep the wolf at bay.

yellow prone vs Mange: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2

Round 6/7 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Yellow Derro** -14 damage <prone>
Sir Durant -15 damage <guidance>
Cyclic -12 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith>
-------------------
Altorin -9 damage
Orange Derro* -29 damage <unconscious>
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -15 damage

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

"Surrender is an option, if you decide quickly."

Mange gets in a nip, though, before he can respone.

to hit bite, bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9, +4 prone?
damage bite: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
trip, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Kineticist 2 - HP 21/21, AC 17/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +12 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +1 - CMB: +0 - CMD: 13, Speed: 30, Init. +5

Altorin freezes the ground beneath the last Derro to encourage his surrender.

Slick Ref DC 15

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

I'm assuming that the last derro will not require Eka's blade by the time it's her turn.

Eka blinks. Of coursse. As new as the ability is, she keeps forgetting that she can use Lay on Hands to heal herself. That she does, for what it's worth.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"I could sstill usse ssome more healing, and I am running low on potionss."

If no one offers to heal Eka:
Eka digs out a potion and chugs it resignedly. I thought four of thesse would be enough. Wrong.

Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Human Male Paladin (Tempered Champion) 3 HP 11/26 | AC:20 | T:11 | FF:19 | cmd:17 | Fort +7 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Fire Resist 1 | Init. +2 | Perc:+0 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil: 1/1; Lay on Hands: 1/6; Aura of Courage | Status: N/A

Caught up in the glory and fury of the battle to free the captives and end the derro's monstrous assault on the people of the city once and for all, Durant fails to heed Cyclic's offer of mercy to the derro and moves up beside Mange. He raises his blade high and stabs down at the fallen derro.

Target of smite is down, so no more bonuses there. Time to go clean up.

Longsword, bless, guidance vs prone: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Botting Qiroyo to give guidance to Eka again (and translate the offer of surrender)

"Never you sun-addled freaks!" the derro proclaims untriumphantly (in Aklo) from his back at Cyclic's suggestion of surrender. Neither Sir Durant nor Mange can quite find a bead on the still scrambling creature while Eka and Qiroyo spend some time healing and buffing. Altorin forces another ice slick to further limit the wretched's options. It comes close to slicing the paladin's legs but he pivots just at the last moment.

Yellow prone vs Sir Durant: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
Damage vs Sir Durant: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Round 7/8 - Bold can act - Bless is up!
Yellow Derro** -14 damage <prone>
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -12 damage
Mange -9 damage <shield of faith>
-------------------
Altorin -9 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -5 damage <guidance>

Dark Archive

Gnome Inquisitor of Irori 1 / Sensei 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 14 | HP 14/20 | F +7 R +4 W +7 (+4 vs disease/poison, +2 vs illusions) | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Advice 4/4 rds
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Linguistics +6, Perception +8, Profession (Librarian) +10, Stealth +10, all Knowledge Skills +2 (+3 for identifying monsters), all Profession skills +5

Qiroyo moves around and threatens the prone derro with his foot ready to kick ihm down again. providing flanking

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

Seeing the Pathfinders clustered in one area to threaten the lone remaining derro, Eka strides around the rock column to its other side to prevent it from escaping. Double move

Now that her back is to the deep, dark cavern, she wonders about an ambush from behind. "Qiroyo, where are the otherss? Are there more of them?"

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

Mange ignores the Derro's words and all other dialog, still obeying his masters last command.

to hit bite, bless, prone: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 18
damage bite: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
trip, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

Cyclic moves up and heals Mange and gets a much better result than usual.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"So be it fool. Once you are unconscious it will not matter what you want."

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Kineticist 2 - HP 21/21, AC 17/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +12 - F: +7/ R: +6/ W: +1 - CMB: +0 - CMD: 13, Speed: 30, Init. +5

ready an action to slick again if he gets up.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Paladin (Tempered Champion) 3 HP 11/26 | AC:20 | T:11 | FF:19 | cmd:17 | Fort +7 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Fire Resist 1 | Init. +2 | Perc:+0 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil: 1/1; Lay on Hands: 1/6; Aura of Courage | Status: N/A

Durant continues his assault to finish the lone remaining derro as his companions continue gathering around to end the fight at last.

Longsword, bless, flank vs prone: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Sir Durant and Mange the wolf skillfully quiet the last derro before it can utter more nonsense.

Responding to Eka's question, Qiroyo takes a quick peek at the prisoner's revolt, but before he can respond, a cadre of bloodied prisoners (and a few renegade mites) stumble forward into the light from Durant's spell.

"It is over! The shining light of our saviors has brought us victory on this day!" One of the women shouts, but the rest almost looked dazed at their hard-fought fortune.

Altorin notices that one of the mite captives flashes a hasty eagle symbol before disappearing back into the darkness - free at last.

One of the larger prisoners (likely a guard from the prison above), steps forward. "If you need any help securing the area or getting these poor citizens back above ground, me and my men will be at your service."

Searching the derro bodies:
Of perhaps great interest to the Society, you discover two letters on the derro leader's corpse. The first confirms that the Aspis Consortium agent Kafar funded the smugglers who in turn supplied the cult. The second letter details plans to penetrate other Cassomir buildings (such as the Admiralty Citadel and Harbor Watch) and perform additional mass abductions in the near future.

Searching the rest of the cavern area:
The stone table in northern alcove is a shrine to Groetus. The pool is filled with dozens of corpses of prisoners, guards, mites, and a variety of recently kidnapped Cassomir citizens. Should they not be removed from the pool and destroyed (such as by fire or acid), they will eventually rise as ghouls and plague the city of Cassomir.

Combat Over!
Yellow Derro** -28 damage <unconscious>
Sir Durant -15 damage
Cyclic -12 damage
Mange -2 damage <shield of faith>
-------------------
Altorin -9 damage
Qiroyo -13 damage
Eka -5 damage

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

As soon as Cyclic hears that the corpses will rise as ghouls, she immediately sets to work. Well, set's Mange to work.

Addressing the freed slaves, she calls out for help. "Appreciate help getting these bodies out of that nasty pool."

"Any idea how to sanctify it? I don;' have any holy water or I would dump some in. I'm not big on the good vs. evil thing, but I do hate the unnatural like undead."

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

"I have no way to sstart a fire, but we can go get a cleric and ssome oil and torchess and come back onsse we have esscorted thesse people to ssafety."

Eka begins to take charge of the people. Her unusually tall frame easily stands out in the light from Sir Durant's shield. "Everyone! Lissten! We need to make sure that we do not misss anyone. Pleasse choosse a buddy for the walk back to the ssurface. Alsso, we need to ssearch thiss area in casse anyone needss help. Ssearch in pairss! We will leave shortly." She teams up with a former prisoner and begins a search of the perimeter to make sure no one is left behind.

Dark Archive

Gnome Inquisitor of Irori 1 / Sensei 1 | AC 17 T 17 FF 14 | HP 14/20 | F +7 R +4 W +7 (+4 vs disease/poison, +2 vs illusions) | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Advice 4/4 rds
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Linguistics +6, Perception +8, Profession (Librarian) +10, Stealth +10, all Knowledge Skills +2 (+3 for identifying monsters), all Profession skills +5

"Anyone strong enough should help getting these corpses out of the pool and help bring them to the surface for a proper burial. Preferably a cremation. I'm sure these were your friends and colleagues and you know they deserve this at the very least!" Qiroyo explains to everyone.

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

A search of the nearby caverns only reveals the extent of the dastardly plan as the evidence of paltry subsistence and blood scrawled messages on the cavern walls highlight the prisoner's plight over the past few months. Perhaps some of the derros escaped into the bowels of the Darklands, but that will have to wait for another day.

With the aid of the burly guards still strong enough to help, the group begins the solemn process of removing the dead from the pool and taking them up to the prison grounds above. As the dozens of freed prisoners parade slowly by, it is clear that, although it was tough at times, the battles fought and won by your group have saved not just these fortunate souls but countless others who would have been eventually devoured by an unchecked cult of Groetus.

-------

Reaching the surface and smelling the relative fresh air of the Swift prison grounds, you can see that a curious crowd has gathered at the front gate as word of the captives freedom has spread. Curious townsfolk peer past the constabulary to view the still crumbled earth elemental husk now being poked and prodded by a local mage and his assistant.

Sergeant Dupree spots your emergence and races over to you. "Thanks the gods you've survived. We can't begin to thank you enough for saving our city." He shakes a few of your hands in gratitude then steps back awkwardly.

"Now, I truly hate to cast any dispersion on your work, but have you any idea what happened to it?" He says sheepishly, averting his eyes to the ground and nearby buildings.

A bit confused at the turn, one of you remarks. "To... what??"

"To that." The sergeant grimaces and points upward, guiding your attention to the space above the Greedy Narses where the Bell of Obedience once rested, but is now a featureless shell.

"One of my men found this nailed to the wall near the ladder up to the bell. Any idea what it means?" He produces a piece of folded parchment from his coat and hands it over to you. New handout available

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Oracle(Nature)/4 N/N | C-HP: 23/35 | M-HP: 33/35 | AC/FF/Tch: C-22/17/11 M-21 17/14/13 | CMB: +1, CMD: 16 | F/R/W: +4/+1/+4 | Init: +7 | Speed 15/35 ft | Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +8, Kn Nature +5, Kn Religion +5, Perception +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +4 | Active Conditions: ant haul (Mange, at mite rebel site), Barkskin (Mange, at mite rebel site)

"I bet it was that so-called guide of ours. Never did trust him. I wonder if we'll ever meet again."

Grand Lodge

Female N Nagaji Gray Paladin 2 | HP 16/21 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Fort +4 (+6 vs Poison), Ref +2, Will +1 (+3 vs. Mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Perception +6, Sense Motive -1 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Speed 30ft (20 ft w/ armor) | Active conditions: None

A part of Eka wants to laugh at the audacity of that note. However, she is feeling increasingly more ill due to the rat and ghoul bites she sustained on this little adventure. She leans on Sir Durant's shoulder and mutters: "I need a bed. And healing. I fear that ghoul'ss bite iss trying to turn me." She makes eye contact with him and continues in a low voice: "Promisse me thiss: Sstay with me until thiss iss done sso that if I turn you can kill me before I risse." Normally she wouldn't say such a personal thing in public, but the fever is already getting to her head.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Paladin (Tempered Champion) 3 HP 11/26 | AC:20 | T:11 | FF:19 | cmd:17 | Fort +7 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | Fire Resist 1 | Init. +2 | Perc:+0 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil: 1/1; Lay on Hands: 1/6; Aura of Courage | Status: N/A

Sir Durant looks down at the note gravely before passing it on to another of his companions. "A shame that the donkey has become such an unfortunate symbol, they really are useful beasts," he says curtly. "I suppose this makes sense of the painter's sketch, though. It turns out the serpent did carry away the bell after all." He shakes his head regretfully, but almost smiles at the irony.

As Eka leans against him, Durant puts an arm around the nagaji's shoulders to support her. In a low voice, he promises what she asks, but assures her that he would lay down his own life before he would allow her to die after her valiant efforts below the city's streets. "You and the others saved my life from the ghoul, Eka. That is a debt I will not fail to repay."

1,101 to 1,139 of 1,139 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Devil We Know Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.