DM Brainiac's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet
Current Date: 5 Pharast, 4719 AR


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,395 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

"I can enlarge someone and use a haste spell. Alessandra would be a good choice for an extra melee combatant, but I think Gabriella is better off in the back. I can attempt to control one of the wights, but I cannot guarantee that it will work."


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

"A spell of haste will be useful," Gabbi agrees. "But how long do you think anyone else other than Allie or myself will hold up if they're draining life?" She shakes her head. "You're probably right. I haven't been able to hit the broad side of a tavern with this." She gestures to the melee weapon protruding from her backpack.

Standing up, she checks the string on her bow. "Let's do this." She locks eyes with her sister. "For Cuddles."


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

If I die, will the twins be so... resolute in my vengeance?

When everyone is ready, Ulrich will cast Enlarge Person on Alessandra, and Haste on everyone (including himself).


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 7 | HP 19/19 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 13 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Kamosh remains perched on Ulrich's shoulder (he's a heavy bird now) and casts invisibility on himself.


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |

From her much improved height Allie nods firmly to Ulrich and, as magical speed courses through her, opens the door!

Stand to one side if need be so Ellie has charging room!


You return to the Bastion and stride directly towards the door to the wights' laboratory. Moving swiftly, the enlarged Allie kicks the door open to reveal the trio of undead researchers!

Initiative:
Alessandra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Dr. Ulrich: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Eldarel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Elka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Gabriela: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Wights: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Ulrich, Elka, and Gabby may act before the wights!


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

As preparation for the battle, Gabbi will invoke a bane on undead for her bow.

Gabbi moves quickly into the room and to the side of the door as she draws her bow.

swift action for Judgement: destruction

Longbow Attack - PBS: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 34 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (5, 3) = 24 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane

Longbow Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 24 haste, bane
Longbow Critical Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 2 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 + 2 + 8 + 4 = 25 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

Ulrich channels a wash of necromantic energy, in an attempt to gain control over one of the wights.

DC 15 Will save, can add channel resistance. I can control 7HD. Intelligent undead make a new save once each day.


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 7 | HP 19/19 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 13 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Kamosh takes flight and goes over to Gabriella. While still invisible, he delivers a spell, hopefully concealing her from the spellcasters.
Fly hover: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

Casting Hide from Undead on Gabriella. DC 14.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

hide from undead won't last more than a round on Gabbi because she'll be attacking.


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 7 | HP 19/19 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 13 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

That's fine. I just don't want you gunned down this round.


Female NG Changeling (Annis-born / Molthunian) Slayer 6 | HP: 24/52 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +8, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Hide from Undead is one creature / level. While you can't touch all of us, at least Kamosh can hide itself and you as well, Ulrich? :)

Allie's enormous size forces Elká to the side, but not before the changeling manages to add her opinion to the conversation. A sharp remark flies through the air. Surely, the wight will catch her drift?

Move action: move
Std action: attack with javelin

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 251d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Gabriela shoots the first wight square in the chest, badly wounding him! Elka's javelin stabs into his thigh. Ulrich attempt to control one of the undead, but they prove too strong.

The wights have 9 HD each.

Kamosh attempts to obscure Gabby from their sight, but they see through the ruse. The wounded wight falls back to take cover behind a desk, using necromancy to bolster its strength. A second wight unleashes an ear-piercing scream that only Gabby can hear, and the third blasts the inquisitor with magic missiles.

False Life: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ear-Piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) + 3 = 13

13 force damage to Gabby. She takes another 10 sonic damage and is dazed for 1 round. A DC 16 Fortitude save reduces this damage to 5 and negates the daze effect. Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Red -45


Female Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 7 I HP 50/60 I AC 19 [T 13 FF 17] I Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +4(5) I Init +2 I Percep +1 I Conditions:

Ellie moves forward to engage the closest wight, aiming to knock it down with her flail so she can finish it off from an advantageous position. Wary of their draining attacks, she fights more cautiously than usual.

Trip: 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 2 = 31
(BAB, Str, Masterwork weapon, Weapon Focus, Weapon Mastery, Greater Trip, Maneuver Training, Combat Expertise)

AoO Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 23
(BAB, Str, Masterwork weapon, Weapon Focus, Weapon Mastery, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Trait, Haste)

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 26
(Str, Power Attack, Weapon Mastery, Weapon Specialisation, Trait)

Using Combat Expertise to get AC 22, including Haste

She stands over the thing she has knocked down, glaring at it: "Go on, get up. Just try to get up. I dare you."

AoO if it tries to stand and/or cast:

AoO Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 23
(BAB, Str, Masterwork weapon, Weapon Focus, Weapon Mastery, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Trait, Haste)

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 25
(Str, Power Attack, Weapon Mastery, Weapon Specialisation, Trait)


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Fortitude Save DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Fortitude Save DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Twin Reroll

Gabbi shakes her head as the scream resonates within it, pulling on the ethereal tie to her sister she pushes it away and nocks another arrow to her bow. Noting her original target taking cover, she sights in on one of the closer enemies. orange

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 21 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (4, 3) = 20 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 14 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (5, 6) = 26 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 29 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (5, 6) = 25 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |

Getting through the door is a terrible squeeze for Allie, but once she finally makes it through her massively increased size makes the tables no obstacle as she swings a chair sized fist at the wight. Orange.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sorry guys, Allie should have handed out pre-buffs and stuff, but she's not thinking entirely clearly right now...


Female NG Changeling (Annis-born / Molthunian) Slayer 6 | HP: 24/52 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +9, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +8, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Well, it is what it is!

Not wanting to get in the way of the avatar of vengeance, Elká slips into the room and hugs the wall. She throws a javelin at one of the wights, but otherwise fails to close the distance between herself and the party's undead foes.

Move action: move+draw javelin
Std action: toss javelin at Orange (does it count as in combat? I applied the -4 to hit)

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Skipping Ulrich, he may take 2 actions for his next post.

Gabby, Allie, and Elka all gang up on one wight, impaling at battering her until she is badly wounded. Ellie moves in on another one, tripping him and smashing him with her flail!

The wight Allie struck steps back and fires three magic missiles at her that are absorbed by her magic brooch! Ellie smashes the prone one as he stands up. He tries to retaliate but fails to hit. The last wight strikes Ellie with a few weak missiles.

Magic Missile vs Allie (Absorbed): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 = 10
Magic Missile vs. Ellie: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 3 = 6
Slam vs Ellie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

6 damage to Ellie. 10 damage absorbed by Allie's brooch. Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Red -45; Orange -58, Yellow -51


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |

"Die!" Allie commands, continuing to smash the creature!

Flurry: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Flurry: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 7 I HP 50/60 I AC 19 [T 13 FF 17] I Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +4(5) I Init +2 I Percep +1 I Conditions:

Ellie scowls as the thing somehow survives her assault and stands once more. She hits it extra hard, this time.

Heavy flail: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Critical Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Heavy flail, iterative: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 5 = 9
Critical Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Heavy flail, Hasted attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Critical Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

If she kills it with any of these attacks, she'll 5 ft step to the next target and continue her assault.

Using Combat Expertise so with the Haste her AC is 22


Ellie crushes the first wight's skull before stepping up to attack the next one. While her second strike goes wide, she follows up with a backswing that caves in the chest of the second one. In only a matter of moments, the battle has swung in your favor! Only one enemy remains!


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Gabbi smile is cold as the enemies continue to fall and redirects her aim towards the remaining wight.

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 17 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (3, 6) = 25 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 28 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (5, 6) = 27 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 23 haste, bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (2, 3) = 18 undead slayer, judgement: destruction, bane


Despite its cover, Gabby's second and third shots find their way into the wight's chest. The undead creature slumps over the worktable, destroyed!

The three tables hold several alchemy labs’ worth of equipment, as well as recipes for necromantic rituals and hunks of flesh brought in from the ruins of the city. Several pages of notes scattered around the room, written in Necril, detail how fallout from something called the Radiant Fire has corrupted the surrounding countryside and caused the spontaneous creation of various undead and undead-related creatures. Creatures you have already encountered, including the zombie elk and the loci spirit in the cemetery, are described in these notes.

The notes are inconclusive about why the Radiant Fire had this effect, as the cultists don’t know themselves, though the notes are clear that the effect is unprecedented. Unfortunately, they don’t include any information about the source of the Radiant Fire, although a detailed examination of the notes gives the strong impression that the blast was deliberate, not accidental

Each of the 3 wights has a brooch of shielding, potion of inflict serious wounds, and deathwatch eyes. A robe of bones hangs on a hook on the north wall with all of its patches intact. A small wooden chest contains 24 empty crystal vials worth 2 gp each.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Yes! Gabbi gets her own deathwatch eyes! She's rocking the look now! :) :)

Recommended that Allie take two of the potions and Gabbi take the third. Brooch of shielding for Allie, Elká and Gabbi. The robe of bones for Ulrich.

Gabbi spends more time than would probably be prudent, organizing and reviewing the notes. Once she's finished, she selects the most telling pieces of information and stows them in her bag.

"So where did this Radiant Fire come from? We need to tell someone about it. We need to find a way to prevent it from happening again."


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

Casting Repair Undead on Gabriella
Hp: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Ulrich takes the remaining notes regarding necromantic rituals. When he puts on the simple black robe, he grins as he feels the necromancy writhing around him.
The first thing he does is take a bite out of one of the wights to scavenge some of the remaining arcane energy coursing through them. Then he gets an idea. He goes over to Alessandra and says "I have a potential gift for you. I'm sure it isn't the same, but I can give to you a skeletal wolf to be a companion. What do you think?"


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1
Dr. Ulrich Kurbanov wrote:
Casting Repair Undead on Gabriella

Gabbi reacts with partial surprise at Ulrich's touch, it's followed with a flinching grimace as the negative energy courses through her flesh.

"Thank you, Doctor," she manages to hiss out, putting a hand on the man's shoulder. "Shall we check there next," she says in a stronger voice, indicating the door to the south.


The south door leads into a simple chamber, empty of anything save for refuse piled in the corners. Another door leads south into a mediation room. A wide bench runs along the western wall of this room, facing a mural painted to look like a stained-glass window depicting a sunny landscape of rolling hills. Warmth and the smell of fresh wildflowers seem to emanate from the painting.

The enchanted mural doesn't seem to do much beyond provide the warmth and fresh scent, so you continue through yet another door into a gallery. Five display cases occupy the majority of this room, their glass fronts shattered and their contents missing. Several empty frames hang on the western and southern walls, their canvases either shredded or simply torn away.

An undead halfling in the tattered garb of a Sarenite priest stands in this room. The flesh of the emaciated man appears charred or dried, and his empty eye sockets seep trails of smoke. He turns his baleful gaze upon you and moves to attack!

Initiative:
Alessandra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Dr. Ulrich: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Eldarel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Elka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Gabriela: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Norreth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Ulrich may act before the creature. I will update the map a bit later today.

The creature has a gaze attack. Anybody within 30 feet meeting its gaze must make a DC 18 Fortitude save or gain 1d4 negative levels.

Knowledge (religion) DC 18:
This creature is a bodak. It resists weapons not made of cold iron, is immune to electricity, and resists acid and fire. Direct sunlight burns its flesh.


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |
Dr. Ulrich Kurbanov wrote:
The first thing he does is take a bite out of one of the wights to scavenge some of the remaining arcane energy coursing through them. Then he gets an idea. He goes over to Alessandra and says "I have a potential gift for you. I'm sure it isn't the same, but I can give to you a skeletal wolf to be a companion. What do you think?"

Alessandra pauses for a moment, still towering over Ulrich. The wright she has been fighting has been ground almost into paste by her huge feet.

"Thank you Ulrich but... it's not the same. There was a particular kind of connection that Cuddles and I had and I don't think it would be the same, it's not something I can just force." She tries for a smile. "I appreciate the offer though."

-----------------
Knw R: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"That's a... a..." Allie curses as the creature's name waits on the tip of her tongue. "Look out if you're still alive!"

She on the other hand meets the creatures gaze squarely.

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Since we had another room or some in between Allie will hand out Bulls Strength to Ellie, Elka and herself.


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

Could I get the spell list for the wight, DM? Thanks

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Religion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Ulrich resists the gaze attack, but can't put a name to the creature. He taps the pearl of power and casts Boneshaker to direct the undead to flee away from the group. DC17 Fort to negate


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 7 | HP 19/19 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +6 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 13 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Kamosh is immune to death effects

Kamosh casts invisibility on himself.


Wight Spell List:
2nd (5/day)—false life, spectral hand, touch of idiocy; 1st (8/day)—chill touch (DC 16), ear-piercing scream (DC 16), mage armor, magic missile, protection from good; 0 (at will)—acid splash, bleed (DC 15), dancing lights, daze (DC 15), detect magic, disrupt undead

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The undead halfling succumbs to Ulrich's spell, staggering away from the door. It recovers quickly, though, shambling back towards you with mouth agape!

Everybody is up!


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

Ulrich grabs the creature by the skeleton and shakes it extremely violently.

Casting Boneshatter DC19 Fort for half. Should be immune to exhaustion and fatigue, but damage is good.
Dmg: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2) = 16


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 3 = 19

Alessandra Filosovici wrote:
"That's a... a..." Allie curses as the creature's name waits on the tip of her tongue. "Look out if you're still alive!"

Gabbi smirks as her sister trails off.

"... a bodak," she finishes for her twin with a shake of her head. "Don't bother with fire, acid or electricity."

She draws her bow and fires at the manifestation.

swift action for bane

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 31 bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 2 + (1, 5) = 15 undead slayer, bane

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 26 bane
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 2 + (5, 3) = 14 undead slayer, bane

Longbow Attack - Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 21 bane
Longbow Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 17 undead slayer, bane


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |
Gabriella Filosovici wrote:
Alessandra Filosovici wrote:
"That's a... a..." Allie curses as the creature's name waits on the tip of her tongue. "Look out if you're still alive!"

Gabbi smirks as her sister trails off.

"... a bodak," she finishes for her twin with a shake of her head. "Don't bother with fire, acid or electricity."

"No-one likes a show-off!" Allie grumbles as Gabbi does precisely that. She claps her hands to bless the group with increased speed and vigor.

Allie will still stand between Gabbi and the bodak, just in case. :)


Female Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 7 I HP 50/60 I AC 19 [T 13 FF 17] I Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +4(5) I Init +2 I Percep +1 I Conditions:

Ellie moves forward to engage the enemy, trying to knock it down so it will pose less of a threat. That's the theory, anyway.

Trip: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Using Combat Expertise to get AC 21

EDIT: Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

"Oh, you love it when I show off," Gabbi retorts with a sly grin.


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |

"I like you showing off some of your skills." Allie replies, glancing back at her sister with a wink.


Okay, botting Elka.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Claws: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

The bodak resists the worst of Ulrich's spell, but Gabby scores two hits, one of which is a critical strike! Elly trips the undead creature and smashes it with her flail, then Elka is able to finish it off with a powerful slice of her claw.

Searching the room after the combat, a detect magic leads you to a secret compartment in the base of one of hte display cases. Inside is a small ivory box with ruby inlay, worth 400 gp. The box contains an exquisitely painted set of 34 3-inch-square portraits that function as a deck of illusions weighing 2 pounds. Each image has been lovingly crafted with oil paints and has bright and sunny backgrounds. Even the evil creatures depicted on these cards, such as the glabrezu and the lich, bear halos of light behind their heads, making them look saintly. The cards’ corresponding illusions look similarly beatific.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

"Someone had way too much time on their hands," Gabbi comments as the deck of illusions is displayed. With a shake of her head she checks her gear.

"That just leaves the northern portion of the temple," she says.

Based on the ceiling inside, can we tell if there's another floor to this thing?


Yes, there is another floor above this one. You haven't found the stairs up yet though.


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

"I can make use of that." Says Ulrich. "Shall we continue to explore? It would seem that time is not of the essence, so we can be free to defeat and salvage anything in each room."


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Gabbi shrugs as Ulrich takes the magical deck. "Yes, let's move north." She leads the group back to the room where the three sorcerous wights were studying and to the door in the northern end of the room.


A large marble fountain stands in the center of this triangular chamber. The statue in the center of the fountain depicts a beautiful woman clad in white armor. Her long hair is carved to look like flames, and she holds a scimitar aloft in her right hand. Her left hand extends outward in a gesture of blessing, from which water trickles down into the basin below. The fountain’s water is discolored and smells faintly of rot and mud. A small wooden door exits to the north, and a double door exits to the south. Two stone staircases lead up near hallways leading to the east and west.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Gabbi gestures towards the stairs leading to the second floor. "So, do we head upstairs or do we check the few remaining rooms down here?" she asks the others.


|HP: 54/54| AC: 19 (19 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 4/6, 3rd: 4/4 | Stun Fist 1/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Curse of Suffering |

"That must be Sarenrae." Allie comments, examining the fountain closely. She doesn't have the magic to tell what the corruption is, but she takes a look none-the-less.

"Up or finish this floor?" She asks. "We've been lucky nothing's come down."


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

I'd like to try to figure out if the water has negative energy in it. And if so, if it would heal our terrible twins.


As Allie gets within 30 feet of the fountain, she feels a seething aura of malicious violence emanating from it. A crimson spectral creature emerges from the fountain! It drips with blood, its skeletal face contorted with malice.

Initiative:
Alessandra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Dr. Ulrich: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Eldarel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Elka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Gabriela: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Undead: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Ulrich, Ellie, and Gabby may act!

Knowledge (religion) DC 23:
This creature is a polong. Polongs are the spirits of murderers who have been magically bound to a bottle. Whoever possesses a polong’s bottle can command the creature to carry out murderous acts. If its bottle is destroyed, it is weakened until another can be crafted. A polong's touch delivers terrible bleeding wounds.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 7 | HP 38/38 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10 | Init +7 | Perception +15, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4, 3rd: 2/2 | Judgements: 3/3 | Bane: 7/7 | Bolts: 3, Arrows: 12 | Twin Save Reroll 1/1

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 3 = 30

A 'polo game'? I love autocorrect. XD

"That's a Polong! It's bound to a bottle. If we can find the bottle, we can control it. Check the fountain!" Gabbi shouts out as she draws her bow.

swift action: Judgement: Destruction

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 9 undead slayer, Judgement: Destruction

Longbow Attack - PBS - Rapid: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 = 28
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 14 undead slayer, Judgement: Destruction

Longbow Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 16
Longbow Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + 2 + 8 = 20 undead slayer, Judgement: Destruction


Male Human Necromancer 7 | HP 39/39 | AC 11 T 11 FF 11 | Ft +5 Rf +4 Wi +9 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 12 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 7/7 (+2) l PoP 2nd 1/1 l Current Effects:

Religion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Fixed the typo. Stupid autocorrect. :)

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,395 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.