[PFS] GM Dennis - Treason's Chains (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

Dot in here.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

A letter arrives for you, delivered by a runner. Inside is a message from Venture-Captain Roderus of Katapesh, asking you to travel to the eponymous capital city of that nation to work a job for him.

Please begin by telling me where your character was and what you were doing with your down-time between missions when the summons arrived.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Sereia is a calm and proud aquatic elf with blue skin, long white hair, and a wiry frame. Constantly hot and feeling like typical surfacer clothes are suffocating her, Sereia wears as little clothes as possible to remain ‘decent’ in public. Typically this consists of tiny, tight shorts, a crop top, a belt, sandals and a backpack. While on missions she adds leather armour. She wears golden earrings, and and elaborate golden hair piece — ancient Azlanti relics she scavenged herself on an expedition made before she was cursed. She also wears a thick necklace of shell and coral which her sister made her many years ago. In her hands she carries an elaborate trident.

Sereia is calm, proud, ambitious, and bold. She’s insatiably curious, and deeply interested in relics, history, and exploration. Since her recklessness brought her to the surface, Sereia believes herself to be cursed by her ancestors or her people’s gods. She was distant and aloof for a very long time, and still seems to be among strangers. She tries to temper her recklessness and curiosity by ponderously thinking things through. A strategy much harder to use since she befriended her strange new friends....

When the letter arrives, Sereia is in the library sifting through old documents in an effort to find clues to some treasures worth liberating. There had to be something grand enough that she could bring back to her people to break her curse...

She gives the messenger a nod, reads the letter, then frowns.

Katapesh? She thought Absalom was too hot, but Katapesh? She's dry out in a heartbeat! Oh, dear...

She leaves the library and goes to pack her bags, being sure to pack a hot weather outfit. Buying one before leaving Absalom.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Lomo is a rough looking ratfolk with thick gray fur, bright beady eyes, and soft ears. His cheeks bulge out, as if filled with something, and he nibbles on the end of a fancy looking stick. His long hairless tail is crooked from a magical mishap suffered long ago.

When Sereia enters her room she finds Lomo there sprawled out on her bed and reading her spell book. He's gnawing on her wand of shield. He does not have permission to be there.

"Oh, hey Sereia. I think your wand's broken. It doesn't work."

Just then he hears a messenger in the hall, calling his name in confusion.

"HEY! THAT'S ME!" He scampers up off of her bed and out into the hall to get his letter -- her wand still in his teeth.

After reading the letter he grins. "Hey, I'm going to Katapesh!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"DROP THE BOOK," Sereia says to Lomo with finality. "NOW." As he lets it fall from his grasp she hurries over to the bed and ensure he hasn't bitten any spells out of the special wax pages.

Whole. Thank goodness!

When he hurries to into the hall Sereia snatches her magical wand out of his mouth and slams the door shut, nearly catching his crooked tail in the door. She examines it, then frowns at the sight of the obvious bite marks marring it's elegantly carved tip.

"LOMO!" she yelled angrily through the door. "Stay out of my room!"

It wasn't the first time she had said that. Not even the first time this week. After a moment she adds, "I MEAN IT THIS TIME!"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vanara Shaman | HP: 13/13 | AC 16 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +5, Bluff/Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Spirit Magic: 1st: 1/1 | Goodberries: 0/0, Shapeshift: 2/2, Storm Burst: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Pinesong Rippleroot is a chubby, vanara with a bulging tummy, thin white fur, and a short stubby tail. His eyes bright green and much too big, which makes them look like they’re bulging out of his head, but his smile is wide and happy. His hair on the top of his head is styled into an outlandish hair do! It looks very odd! With every breeze his fur moves around, showing off his many bald spots. He smells of grass and flowers.

Pinesong wears a belt he fashioned himself from a braided vines and grass. There’s a wooden stake hooked onto it, and a belt pouch. On his back is a crossbow and a backpack, and over his chest he wears some odd looking armour made of little squares that he thought was fascinating! He does not wear pants or shoes.

Pinesong was dangling from a tree in the middle of a swamp when the letter arrived. He was playing a game of 'find the fish' with Croak, and holding Cutie Pie in his other arm. The messenger looked very confused.

"32 B Swamp Pool 3?! What the? That's not a real address?!" the messenger grumbled.

Pinesong swooped down to help him, landing with a big SPLASH and shooting swamp water all over the poor man. "Hi! Are you looking for Croak? This is her home. And I'm Pinesong! Want to be friends?"

Turns out the man had a letter for them both, so Pinesong took them and grinned. "Oh, look! A Pathfinder mission! I hope we get to see Lomo and Sereia again!" He passes her the other letter. "Remember that time we threw darts at the chicken man? And when we rode that dragon? THAT DRAGON!" Pinesong sings and dances, thrusting around his tummy as he dances. He tries to dance with the messenger, but the messenger just leaves.

"Okay! Bye!" Pinesong looks down at Cutie Pie. "Time to go pack! Let's go!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pig Spirit Animal (sage) | HP: 4/4 | AC 13 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 10 (14 vs. trip) | F:+6 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Dragon's Friend: 1/1 | Knowledges: -1, Perception +5, Sense Motive: +1 | Active Conditions: None

Cutie Pie is a plump looking pig who is surprisingly strong and fierce looking! He has big gold scales all over his back and shoulders. He clings tight to Pinesong's arms and snorts in distress. Clearly he doesn't like the swamp!

At news of the trip to Katapesh -- where it's nice and dry -- Cutie Pie nods his head.

"SNORT!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Croak is a beautifully coloured grippli, with bright pink and purple skin. Her big, yellow eyes are so bright they practically glow. Her big wide mouth is always curved up in a happy smile! She wears a bright yellow tunic with a belt made of vines. She has a blowgun on her belt, along with a LOT of darts, some vials, and a light flail. She wears a backpack which she’s drawn on with chalk to make look fancy (it mostly looks messy). She taps her toes while she waits, wiggles her fingers, and flicks her tongue around. She never seems to stop moving.

Croak's a hyperactive, bouncy little thing that's constantly moving and talking. She's impulsive, impatient, and finds it difficult to settle. She loves to climb, swim, and play. She’s a very mobile and acrobatic fighter, cartwheeling, dancing, and diving across the battlefield. This makes her a big target. But, she doesn’t mind! They’ll never catch her! Especially once she’s tangled them up in a net, or poisoned them! Croak is the funny member of the group. She is naive, and boundlessly optimistic. She looks on the bright side of everything, even if she has to get pretty creative to find that bright side! She's the team member who keeps everyone moving, and brings a smile on a dour day.

Right now, Croak is playing 'find the fish' with Pinesong! She is very good at this game! To make it more fair she has to balance a basket filled with her beloved stuffed rabbits on her head while she plays. She is still winning.

When she gets a letter, Croak smiles. "RIBBIT! RIIIIIIBBBBIIIIIIT!" she sings loudly. "Oh, boy! Maybe they'll have an oasis! And coconut trees!"

She laughs. "I do remember that! That was the best!" She dances with Pinesong. "We rode that dragon! THAT DRAGON!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 3/3 | AC 14 (T14, FF 12) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6 (10 vs. trip) | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 40 ft. | Dragon's Friend: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Beside Croak is a tiny flying squirrel that has giant golden bulging eyes and looks like it’s been run over by a wagon. It's name is Roadkill.

It climbs up her arms and sits on her shoulder. Then she leaps off, gliding across the swamp to Croak's home. Suddenly she wobbles in the air...

"A... A... A...CHOOOOOO!"

Roadkill sneezes and smoke comes out of her nose!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

"Whoah, now! I'm going!" Lomo exclaims, hurrying out of the room before his tail gets a new kink.

Lomo gnaws on his newly repaired necklace while he packs his bags.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

The journey from Absalom to Katapesh is uneventful and relatively short, allowing only a few days of fun on the high seas. ”Comin’ through!” Croak has to quickly jump back onto the gangplank to avoid a stevedore pushing a cart full of crates along the dock, and now that you’re ashore you can see a dock bustling with trade. Making your way carefully to the street you find yourselves on the edge of a sprawling market district, a dull roar of commerce pervading the whole area. Merchants sell anything and everything, from fine fabrics to weapons to exotic pets, and the smell of unfamiliar foods pervades the whole market. Winding your way through the stalls, you eventually reach a wider street which you can follow to your destination, the Winding Road Inn.

How do you pass the time as you sail from Absalom to Katapesh? Once you arrive, anything you want to do as pass through the markets?


| HP: 3/3 | AC 14 (T14, FF 12) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6 (10 vs. trip) | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 40 ft. | Dragon's Friend: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Roadkill spends a lot of the trip sneezing! Oh, no! Every sneeze makes smoke come out of his nose. It makes the sailors nervous.

Grand Lodge

Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, no! Poor little Roadkill is getting sick!" Croak spends the trip taking care of her little sickly squirrel.

When they land she looks through the market for pet medicine for Roadkills magical smoke sneezes! She also buys him a little gold bowtie. How much do I spend on smoke sneeze cure and a bowtie?

The Concordance

Male Vanara Shaman | HP: 13/13 | AC 16 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +5, Bluff/Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Spirit Magic: 1st: 1/1 | Goodberries: 0/0, Shapeshift: 2/2, Storm Burst: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Pinesong nods wisely. "Oh, yes. He certainly does look sick. I recommend rest and no spicy foods."

Pinesong loves being on the boat! He watches the ocean for signs of sea creatures, fascinated by them every time he spots one. He climbs the rigging and stares at the horizon. He tries to help when he can, and tries to learn all he can about making rope. Soon he tries to make his own rope, but it's not very good.

When he gets to the market he is amazed. "OO! Neat! Ooo! Wow!" He looks from one thing to another and another and another! There is too much stuff to see and do! He climbs up onto a rooftop for a better view.

Eventually he tries to find a banana stall. He buys a bushel if he finds some.


Male Pig Spirit Animal (sage) | HP: 4/4 | AC 13 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 10 (14 vs. trip) | F:+6 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Dragon's Friend: 1/1 | Knowledges: -1, Perception +5, Sense Motive: +1 | Active Conditions: None

"OINK!" Cutie Pie squeals. He tris to keep up to Pinesong!

Grand Lodge

| HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Sereia spends the entire journey across the Inner Sea staring at the ocean with longing. When the ship weighs anchor at night she leaves her gear on the deck and dives into the ocean for a quick swim. She wants to dive down. Deeper, and deeper still, until she reaches to bottom. She wants to go home.

She doesn't.

She had been cursed. Until she redeemed herself there was no going home. She did not belong below the waves anymore.

She stays near the surface, disappearing below the waves for no more than a minute at a time. She brings her trident to spear a fish or two and eat them raw. Then she climbs back up onto the ship and leans over the railing while the rest of the crew and passengers eat their disgusting cooked food.

When they arrive in Katapesh she can feel her flesh baking in the heat. How did people live here? She pays a child a few coins to fan her with a giant palm leaf as she walks the market, and another to keep her in the shade with a long handled parasol. I'm seriously spending a few copper on that. Haha. Still feeling like she's roasting, Seraia resist the urge to flee back to the boat. She focuses on the road ahead of her and glides through the market, determined to get to the Lodge and get this mission over as quickly as she could

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Lomo spends his time on the ship socializing with his friends and chatting with the sailors. He's very interested in their various roles, as this is his first time on a ship. Often Lomo has a small golden dragon statuette sticking out of his mouth as he chews on it.

In the market Lomo is excited to visit the stalls and gawk at all the wares up for sale. He finds a nice magical cloak that he paws at a lot, but he's not very good at haggling, and he can't quite afford it. Soon he's distracted again, dashing off through the market after his pals.

"Whoah, wait for me!"

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates
Pinesong Rippleroot wrote:
Eventually he tries to find a banana stall. He buys a bushel if he finds some.

"Ah, hello there my friend! Only the finest bananas for you today, and at very competitive prices! Nutritious and delicious, nature's perfect food!" You can buy bananas for 2cp/lb or 1sp for a 6lb cluster.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates
Croak~ wrote:

"Oh, no! Poor little Roadkill is getting sick!" Croak spends the trip taking care of her little sickly squirrel.

When they land she looks through the market for pet medicine for Roadkills magical smoke sneezes! She also buys him a little gold bowtie. How much do I spend on smoke sneeze cure and a bowtie?

You find a confused haberdasher willing to craft a very small bowtie out of some glittery fabric, at the cost of 2 silver pieces. The investment pays off, however, when you reach a pharmaceutical stall.

"Aw, look how cute he is in his little bow tie! Do woo haw a widdle cowd, miwsta sqwiwwel? Poow baby! Here, give the little baby some of the this," the shopkeeper says, handing you a small vial of a milky white substance, "and he should feel better in no time. No charge, hes juws too pwecious."

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

Lomo ogles the magical wares, wishing he'd had one more payday before coming here. Sereia, meanwhile finds an old-school solution to the heat, finding many eager street urchins willing to fan her for a few copper.

-----

When you reach the lodge, you're led into a comfortable office where an old white-haired human man sits behind a desk. Venture-Captain Roderus stands up from his chair with a slight groan as you enter. “Ahhh,” he winces slightly. “What a relief to see you. I’ve requested you for a project that’s very important, not only because failure could adversely affect every Pathfinder in the city, but also because it’s the last mission I intend to give as a venture-captain.”

He takes a deep, steadying breath. “I need you working as staff for my retirement party. It’s all been arranged already; there’s food coming, entertainment, decorations, and all the expected distractions. What we need now are bodies: someone pouring drinks, someone on security, that sort of thing. You get enough egos in one room and set the wine flowing and someone’ll pick a fight, sure as day. We need Pathfinders keeping the other Pathfinders in line.” The old man sighs. “Or, at least, that’s the official story. Unofficially, you’re here because I need eyes and ears all over the room tonight. There’s more at stake here than you might realize.

”I kept hoping that those two venture-captains, Phlegos Dulm and Wulessa Yuul, would learn to make peace by the time I was gone, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be. The city’ll be in their care once I’m gone, and the two of them have been at each other’s throats since before I announced my retirement. I can’t leave in good conscience if it means Pathfinders fighting in the streets.

“Work that crowd tonight. You hear those two talking, you come straight to me. You hear rumors, you come straight to me. You find evidence of a plot, you come straight to me. Are we clear?”

What do you already know about this conflict? Knowledge (local):

----------
10+:
Spoiler:
Phlegos Dulm runs a shop that specializes in poisons and potions, and he has some sway with the city market and the city’s masked rulers, the Pactmasters.
----------
15+:
Spoiler:
Many of Phlegos Dulm’s enemies have turned up dead from poisoning—too many for it to be mere coincidence.
----------
20+:
Spoiler:
Wulessa Yuul has always dealt with information, while Phlegos Dulm has always dealt with the markets. These days, however, they are both crossing into each other’s territory, actively courting Pathfinders to work for “their side” even when the mission should have fallen under the other’s jurisdiction.
----------
25+:
Spoiler:
Word on the street is that Wulessa Yuul can’t find any merchants to deal with her. No business in Katapesh survives long without connections in the marketplace, even a Pathfinder lodge. Someone is turning the market against her, which in Katapesh means whoever’s responsible is either very powerful or very generous with bribes.
----------
30+:
Spoiler:
Phlegos Dulm has been getting a lot of outside help, primarily from poor, local street gangs doing his bidding for petty coin. The fact that he doesn’t—or can’t—get Pathfinders to do his work for him must mean it’s work he doesn’t want anyone knowing about.
----------

Do you have any questions for Venture-Captain Roderus?

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Local (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

"Phlegos Dulm, hey? The guys runs a shop that specializes in poisons and potions, doesn't he? Has some sway with the city market and the Pactmasters." Lomo picks his teeth with his golden dragon statuette. "But, I haven't heard anything about whats-her-face. Yuul. Can you tell us about her? Anything I should know?"

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

"Oh, Wulessa is a fine Venture-Captain, or has been until now anyway. She deals in information for the most part, rather than the markets. Honestly, I just don't know what's gotten into those two."


| HP: 3/3 | AC 14 (T14, FF 12) | CMB: +0 CMD: 6 (10 vs. trip) | F:+1 R:+4 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 40 ft. | Dragon's Friend: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Roadkill nods her head at the medicine lady. "Squeak!" *cough cough cough* "Squeak!"

Grand Lodge

Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Croak claps her hands and grins. "Oh, thanks! You're going to be all better now, Roadkill! GREAT!"

She feeds Roadkill the medicine and gives him a big hug. Then she waves goodbye and hurries to the inn.

After the mission briefing Croak nods her head. "Oh, yes! Very clear! I can't wait for the party! I can sing, you know! Can I sing at the party?!"

Grand Lodge

| HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Sereia considers the mission. A party, spying, and politics. Not really her specialty.

Interesting.

"I could work as a waitress," she suggests. She looks to the others, "What roles will you take on tonight?"

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

“Oh yes, those are both good suggestions. Dougle, my assistant, will hand out specific assignments, but we need people working security, tending bar, delivering food, that sort of thing. And," he looks at Croak, "the bards we've hired would definitely appreciate the support."

The Concordance

Male Vanara Shaman | HP: 13/13 | AC 16 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +5, Bluff/Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Spirit Magic: 1st: 1/1 | Goodberries: 0/0, Shapeshift: 2/2, Storm Burst: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Pinesong buys two six pound clusters, being sure to pick the nicest ones! 2 sp.

At the meeting Pinesong volunteers to be a security guard alongside Cutie Pie.

He uses gooseberry everyday:
Goodberry: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 He has seven berries for today.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

Lomo grins. "Yeah, I'll be a bartender. I know a drink that'll knock your socks off!"

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

Roderus strolls to the door and calls out, "Dougle, will you come in here a moment please?" Turning back to you, he explains "Dougle is my assistant, and the manager of this inn. He's handling all the logistics for tonight."

Strolling in a moment later is a well-dressed halfling with a large, unlit cigar in his mouth. "Hm, these the agents you told me about boss?" He looks you over without smiling. "Well, come with me and I'll introduce you to the rest of the staff for tonight. There's lots to do, so I expect you to keep up." He turns and strides purposefully out the door, leading you around the inn's lower floor.

"These three" he says, waving his cigar vaguely in the direction of the three half-elves setting up chairs and instruments, "are the entertainment for the eving. Kobo, Kara, and Kott? Something like that." The bards wave to you, and 'Kobo' speaks up. "Hi! My name's actually Kaba. This is my sister Kora, and our brother Kitt." She looks around conspiratorially, then adds "We're Pathfinders too! We're in Katapesh on our first mission, tracking down slaves that were illegally smuggled out of Absalom even though they were freed during the siege." "Just like us!" Kitt chimes in.

"Yeah, yeah, that's great. Tonight your mission is to entertain though, so just focus on that, would ya?" With a dismissive wave, Dougle leads you over to a human woman busy unpacking glasses from straw-packed crates. "This is Vinius Borr. She's a local, hired on as an extra hand for the evening. Like you, she'll be floating around to whatever job needs doing." The woman only looks at you and grunts a half-hearted greeting, before returning to her task.

"Don't forget Zig!" a voice calls out from beneath a nearby table. "Zig help!" Emerging, holding an armful of pineapples that obscures its face, is a small creature with green skin and a wide head. He runs toward an empty table, nearly stumbling and dropping the fruit. When he sets it down, you can see that he is, in fact, a young goblin! Unlike most goblins you've heard about though, this one seems friendly and excited to meet you. "Hello! Zig help!" Looking at you more closely, an expression of awe dawns on his face. "You Pathfinders? Wow! Zig Pathfinder too, some day!"

"Hmph, but not today little man." Dougle says, gruffly. "Today you work." Turning back to you, he continues. "Alright, so time to decide who's doin' what."

  • "I need at least one of you working security, and it's gotta be someone that can keep the rowdier elements in check. Y'know, make 'em think twice about starting trouble." Intimidate.
  • "Someone will need to pour drinks, but remember, this is a party. It's gotta be entertaining! Flip some bottles, juggle limes, whatever. Keep the atmosphere buzzing!" Sleight of Hand
  • "My usual waiter is out sick, so I'll need someone to do that, as well. It's a harder job than you might think, though. To do it well, you need to mingle a little bit, get to know who wants what so the right food gets to the right place." Diplomacy
  • "You know Pathfinders," he says, looking pointedly at Roadkill and Cutie Pie, "always dragging the oddest of creatures around everywhere they go. I'll need someoen to tend to the menagerie, so they don't get out of hand." Handle Animal
  • "If you have extra time and are good at this sort of thing, we can always use more translaters at this sort of shindig." Linguistics (optional)
  • "Your bard friends over there said they'd be happy to have folks join them for part of their set, too, so if you're musically inclined and have a free moment, you could jump in." Perform (optional)

    I've included the listed skill check for each task, though you can substitute an appropriate Profession check as well, if you'd like. Each of you must do at least one of these tasks, and can do no more than two. Each of the first four tasks must have at least one PC doing them. You can decide how you'd like to split up.

  • The Concordance

    Male Vanara Shaman | HP: 13/13 | AC 16 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +5, Bluff/Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Spirit Magic: 1st: 1/1 | Goodberries: 0/0, Shapeshift: 2/2, Storm Burst: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

    As Pinesong passes by the musicians he waves hello. "Hello Kitt, Kora, and Kaba! This is our third mission! Exciting, hey?"

    As Pinesong see the little goblin, he smiles. "Hello, Zig! I'm happy to meet you! What will you be helping with today?"

    When it comes time to hear the jobs Pinesong pats his tummy and grins. "Actually, I'd like to be a waiter. I'm great with people!" He smiles.


    Male Pig Spirit Animal (sage) | HP: 4/4 | AC 13 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 10 (14 vs. trip) | F:+6 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Dragon's Friend: 1/1 | Knowledges: -1, Perception +5, Sense Motive: +1 | Active Conditions: None

    Cutie Pie nods his head in agreement. "SNORT!"

    Grand Lodge

    Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

    Croak smiles and waves. "Hello!" Then she licks her eyeball.

    When she meets the goblin she smiles. "Wow! Hi, Zig! We're all going to be best friends! I know it!" She smiles. "I live in a swamp near Absalom. You should come visit when you are there doing our training! We can play and have fun together! It will be great!" Croak claps her hands.

    "Hmmm... I think I will be the bartender! I will make great drinks!" (None of us are trained in sleight of hand. Can I do it untrained? Or can someone do craft alchemy for it? Lomo can do alchemy)

    "And then I will help with the music when I can!"

    Grand Lodge

    Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

    "Hey Dougle," Lomo says in between gnawing on the statuette. "Yeah, we got this! Gonna be a great party!"

    To the half-elves he asks, "What kind of music do you play?"

    "Zig, huh? What are you working tonight?"

    Lomo thinks. "Well, I'm not bad with animals. I could do that." (Wild empathy). "And, like I said, I can its a mean drink! I'll lend a hand on bartending when I can." (Craft Alchemy if I can? Otherwise he'll have to do a Dex check. I don't have sleight of hand.)

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    Sorry to throw all of that at you in a wall of text, there just wasn't a great break point. As for the bartending, Sleight of Hand can be done untrained here. I'll also allow Craft (alchemy) as long as you can describe how you are using it to make your mixology entertaining :)

    ---

    "Oh, we play all kinds, but our favorite is the party music from the River Kingdoms! Real jumpin', high energy kinda music. I forget what they call it, something with Z."

    ---

    "Zig help!" the goblin says, nodding. "Zig help everyone! Then later Zig go play in the swamp with Pathfinder friends!" He beams at the suggestion.

    ---

    "So, you'll be my waiter" Dougle says, pointing to Pinesong. "Hm, I wonder if we can rig up a tray harness for your friend here? And you" he says, turning to Croak "will be behind the bar. Fine, fine. If you're good with animals--Loko was it?--if you're good with animals then let's have you do that. I guess that leaves security for you, eh Seerah? Think you can handle that?"

    Grand Lodge

    | HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

    "Uh...." Sereia groans, knowing she's going to be a horrible guard. "Yes. I also have some skill with languages. I'll work as a translator when I can."

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    Alright, go ahead and make your checks. Remember, no more than two for any given PC, so you can either help translate or help perform, but not both. You may also make a Diplomacy (gather information) check to try to learn more about the feud between Phlegos Dulm and Wulessa Yuul.

    Grand Lodge

    Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

    Croak tries to put on a show while making drinks! She does cartwheels across the bar and juggles!

    Dexterity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Then she tries to help sing along with the band!

    Perform Song: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    And she talks to people to see what they know... The Diplomacy is extra, right? Not instead of one of the two jobs?

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    The Concordance

    Male Vanara Shaman | HP: 13/13 | AC 16 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +5, Bluff/Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Spirit Magic: 1st: 1/1 | Goodberries: 0/0, Shapeshift: 2/2, Storm Burst: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

    As Pinesong serves drinks he tries to make friends! He smiles with his big monkey teeth and giant eyes, shows off his fine hair, and twitches his tiny tail as he talks.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    He also tries to listen for information about those two Venture Captains!

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Oh, no!

    Grand Lodge

    Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

    Lomo nods. "Sure thing, Boss Man!"

    Lomo heads off to the menagerie to tend the animals.

    Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

    Then he heads back to lend Croak a hand at the bar, using his skill with alchemy to create drinks that change colour, are made of layers of different colours, or steam. He also makes some drinks catch flame for a moment!

    Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

    And he keeps his ears open for rumours...

    Gather Information: 1d20 ⇒ 2

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates
    Croak~ wrote:
    The Diplomacy is extra, right? Not instead of one of the two jobs?

    That's correct. It represents you chatting with people as you go about your tasks.

    Grand Lodge

    | HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

    Sereia tries her best to look intimidating and fierce to keep everyone in line...

    Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

    But, as expected, her lack of knowledge about surface culture and customs doesn't do her any favours. Still, she was good with languages. Surely she could help out as a translator here and there?

    Linguistics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

    Gather Information: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    | HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

    Whoo! Nice job there, team. Such nice rolls. I'm sure Dougle's thrilled we're helping out (she said sarcastically).

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    1 / 2

    Croak and Lomo pouring drinks:

    The bar is lively as drinks are ordered and Lomo’s tricks of viscosity and exothermic reaction wow the assembled partiers. Croak’s attempts at juggling are appreciated, if not particularly successful, but a misjudged throw suddenly sends a bottle of quite expensive wine flying over the crowd. All eyes follow the bottle as it rises, peaks, and falls toward the floor—but just before it hits, a sudden cry can be heard from the crowd.

    “I help!”

    Zig the goblin bursts from the sea of guests and dives toward the falling bottle. He folds his tiny body around the bottle, protecting it as he rolls across the floor and slams into a wall. Staggered but unhurt, Zig slowly stands up and raises the bottle over his head like a priceless treasure, grinning from ear to ear as the crowd bursts into applause.

    Pinesong serving food:

    While working the crowd, Pinesong accidentally trips as Cutie Pie darts under foot and splatters a plate of food all over one of the guests. The rest of the crowd laughs and applauds your mistake, but before Pinesong can even react Zig is there, trying (as best a goblin can) to clean up the guest and make them feel better.

    ”No worry! Zig help!”

    ---

    Sereia working security:

    Sereia struggles to maintain an impactful presence, and things come to a head when two patrons, a man and a woman begin a drunken argument. They grow louder and louder, and other guests begin to back away as their argument transforms from a disagreement over a past adventure to petty personal insults. Sereia tries to intervene, but the pair just ignore her.
    The woman apologizes, but the man grows even louder and more threatening, his wrath turning from her to the entire room. However, a small figure suddenly becomes visible at the man’s feet. It’s Zig the goblin, and without a sound he quickly ties a piece of string around the man’s ankles. When the angry man tries to take a step, he falls face-first onto the floor amid a roar of laughter from the crowd. Humiliated, he quickly slinks away.

    ---

    Croak’s singing is enthusiastic but he has trouble keeping up with the band, who seem to switch styles on a dime. One minute they’re jamming along, the next their singing a ballad of the brave Pathfinders defending Absalom side-by-side with freed slaves. Sereia has more luck translating. Between her background in elvish and celestial, she’s able to decipher the meaning of most of the guests enough to help them get what they want. Similarly, Lomo quickly establishes rapport with the animals, keeping them in line and preventing any issues.

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    2 / 2

    As you pass, you’re able to share some of the information you’ve picked up. Pinesong and Sereia both overheard people talking about how the relationship between Phlegos Dulm and Wulessa Yuul, never strong to begin with, has deteriorated since Roderus announced his impending retirement. Croak is able to add a bit more to the picture: It seems there’s room for only one venture-captain in Katapesh, and most of the people he talked to think it’s going to be Phlegos Dulm. Simply put, no one can survive in Katapesh without the market on their side, and Phlegos Dulm has a lot of friends in the market.

    In fact, as you’re discussing, the two rivals happen to run into each other nearby. Phlegos and Wulessa stare each other down, not bothering to hide their hatred for each other. “Two more of my servants were attacked, Dulm” Wulessa says, her eyes burning with indignation. “I won’t let you get away with this.”
    “There’s nothing you can do to stop me,” Phlegos replies. “This city needs only one venture-captain.”
    The two stare each other down for a few more seconds before they both abruptly turn, not even looking at each other as they make their way to opposite ends of the room.

    What would you like to do next?

    The Concordance

    Male Vanara Shaman | HP: 13/13 | AC 16 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +1 CMD: 14 | F:+0 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +3 | Perc +3, SM +3, Diplomacy +5, Bluff/Intimidate +2 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Spirit Magic: 1st: 1/1 | Goodberries: 0/0, Shapeshift: 2/2, Storm Burst: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

    Pinesong acts like he didn't notice anything wrong. After the Pais have split up he winds his way through the crowd until he finds Roderus. "You said I had to report when I heard anything, Sir! And I did! Wulessa told Phlegos that two of her servants got hurt -- two MORE that is -- and said she wouldn't let him get away with it. Like she thought he was behind them getting hurt. And Phegos just said that she couldn't stop him! He said there could only be one VC. And a lot of other people around here said the same thing." Pinesong nods and waits to see if there's any other orders. If not he goes to spy on Phlegos while he works.

    Grand Lodge

    Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

    Croak nods. ”But, that's not true. There can be more than one VC. They shouldn't fight.”

    If there are no other orders Croak goes to go spy on Wulessa while she works.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Ratfolk Shifter 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC 18 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F:+5 R:+8* W:+3 | Init +4 | Perc +9, SM +2, Social +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Shifter Aspect: 5/5 | Active Conditions: None

    Lomo remains attentive, watching as Croak and Pinesong go report.

    Grand Lodge

    | HP: 15/15 | AC 14 (T12, FF 12) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Cold Res 5 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +0, Social -1 | Speed 30 ft. Swim 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

    For the record, my kids absurdly love Zig. They're excited every time he does something. Squeals, jumping, shrieking, the whole deal. Especially my daughter.

    Sereia raises an eyebrow, not entirely sure she's understood the context. Was there some kind of surface colloquialism she wasn't aware of...? No, she was pretty sure she got it. Phlegos was trying to drive Wulessa out, possibly even with violence against her people. This was unacceptable.

    She keeps an eye on Phlegos as the others report to Roderus, paying close attention to anyone else he speaks to at the party.

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    Roderus is concerned by what he hears from Croak and Pinesong. "Well said. I do wish those two would get along." He's quiet for a moment, considering before he speaks. "I'd like you to speak to them directly, if you don't mind. Try to get more details directly from the horse's mouth, as it were. I'm sure Dougle and the others can do without you for a few minutes." As you turn back to the party, you can see Vinius wandering around taking food orders while Zig carries an immense tray of drinks balanced on his wide head. When he spots you, his face breaks into the kind of toothy grin only a goblin can make and he gives you a thumbs up, almost losing the tray of drinks before he quickly puts his hand back on to steady it. Picture in the slides.

    Grand Lodge

    Female Grippli Kineticist 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC 17 (T15, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 13 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+2 | Init +4 | Perc +4, SM +3, Diplomacy +6, Bluff/Intimidate +0 | Speed 30 ft. Climb 20 ft. | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

    Croak smiles right back at Zig!

    Then she goes up to Wulessa. "Man, that Phlegos guy sure is mean. I heard that he wasn't being very nice to you either. What happened?"

    1 to 50 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Dennis - Treason's Chains (closed) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.