Qstor's Outpost II PFS 10-2 Bones of Biting Ants (FULL) (Inactive)

Game Master Qstor

PFS Mod for Outpost game day

maps and slides


1 to 50 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

dot

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

“Thank you. Those of you who are new to Eleder, I hope you are
enjoying my city. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more upon your return,
as your talents are needed inland.
“Ten years ago, an expedition into the Mwangi interior
discovered some interesting items from the Age of Anguish:
items believed to belong to the King of Biting Ants, abandoned
in his defeat by Old-Mage Jatembe. Clearly, these are worthy of
study—so much of that period is still half-myth! But we never
had the chance. The expedition’s return journey crossed through
Mzali territory, and, as I am sure you know, the Mzali despise
trespassers. Only one agent made it out alive, and he bears...
many scars. Some of a nature it has been impossible to heal.”
“Stuinvolk was an excellent field agent before this. But the trauma
of seeing his friends die, from being hunted, tortured, and then
barely escaping... upon his return, we tried to find a place for him,
but the limited fieldwork we provided showed he hadn’t recovered
enough for that type of stress. His moods changed without warning.
Anger mingled with icy reserve, throwing himself into needless risk
to protect others, or shutting down in a panic mid-fight. We tried
to find him other work, but in all cases he had become unsuitable.
Even when simply taking reports from other agents, he would break
out in a sweat when hearing about experiences even slightly similar
to his own.
“We have been trying to find ways to help those who suffer
mental distress like this on the Society’s behalf—Stuinvolk is not the
first, of course. And, in the past year, he has made some success.
He is working with a specialist who has soothed many of the rough
patches in his mind. He now understands the deaths of his friends
are not his fault. There is one element to his therapy that remains
to be seen, though: revisiting what he feels is his greatest failure.
At the end of the Mzali hunt, Stuinvolk was alone and unsure if he
would survive. He hid the artifacts where the Mzali wouldn’t find
them. But they caught him, tortured him, and left him for dead.
He would have died if not for a twist of fate. Have any of
you heard of a creature called a nuno? Odd, solitary gremlins,
mushroom-headed and possessed of an affinity for ants. Stuinvolk
was left staked out among this particular nuno’s anthills. While it
eventually set him free, it was so outraged by the intrusion that
it laid a curse upon Stuinvolk—a curse we have not been able to
remove. Stuinvolk managed to return to civilization, but he has
lived with the nuno’s mark upon him all this time. And that is how
he can undo his greatest regret—those who are cursed by a nuno
also have the ability to unerringly locate that nuno again. ”
Bellaugh leans forward on the desk, and his voice lowers to a
whisper. “To be clear, this is no mere treasure hunt. As important as
the artifacts are, they are trinkets. You are escorting and protecting
Stuinvolk because his counselor believes he needs to reach some
kind of closure. He is willing to revisit the place of his greatest
nightmares and retrieve that which he feels he lost. I would like
those artifacts, yes, but my main concern is helping my agent. I
have seen too many lost to horror. I am sending you all along to
bring him home again. Find the treasures, compel the nuno to lift
its curse, but most of all, help Stuinvolk find peace.”

Stuinvolk slide 1
slides 1

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

as background

The adventure begins in Sargava during its dry season, which brings a respite from humid rains, but the heat still hangs oppressively across the region. The Eleder Lodge is built for the environment, with wide windows funneling breezes through its halls, but even so, it’s stuffy in this closed-door meeting with Finze Bellaugh, Venture-Captain of Sargava. He paces around his desk, filling glasses with cool iced tea before sitting down, filling his own glass, and pushing aside a velvet cloth filled with pieces of a wayfinder under construction. The sunlight slanting through blinds casts his features in shadow as he takes a swallow of tea.

cue intro text

Dark Archive

Male 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:21, T:13, FF:18, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Greetings Venture Captain Ianvar Serpentfang at your service, seems I haven’t been on a mission for awhile and figured I’d see if I could help out today. With the weather here I figured it best to leave my friend Vivienne outside she’s guarding the door. Ianvar points out the window at a massive Python coiled up by the entrance. Ianvar has long silver hair, pale skin and hazel eyes. He’s dressed in a silver robe accented with purple, and has purple makeup around his eyes, and lips, making his smile looking wide like a gnome. Oh dont worry she’s just guarding my gear and she had a bull about 2 weeks ago so she won’t been hungry for another 3 weeks or so. So what’s this Nuno you speak of? Stuinvolk and I should get along nicely I’ve been cursed 3 times exactly!

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

A young woman with bronze skin and red hair that is so fiery it almost seems to lift with heat off of her skin when she moves arrives a little later than the others looking slightly unwell. She wears light armor and has a pair of rapiers and a few other small weapons about her but nothing even remotely close to being considered heavily armed. If you traveled with her on the boat from Absalom you'd know that she was violently sea sick multiple times during the trip, having cursed out loud several times...

"Allahlar lənətləmək suları və gəmilər yenidən? Nə üçün həmişə lənətə gələn Şəhid sevgilisini suya göndərirlər? Valsin'in xalçası üzərindəki tortları yenidən qurduqca budurmu?"

Ignan:
"Gods damn water and ships again? Why do they always send the damned Fire lover where there's water?! Is this because I got reefclaw cakes on Valsin's rug?!"

You get the sense she'd be more bubbly and fiery if it wasn't for their proximity to the ocean as she nods to all of you. "Ree Soiel at your service...well at least as long as the society continues to pay my bills at least." She tries a semi-seductive wink to the party members but ends up sneezing in the middle of it then muttering something about "...I swear I'm allergic to the damn ocean."

She'll also see if anyone introduces themselves as being able to use cure wands and she'll ask them really nicely if they could hold onto hers (cure light wounds wand with 44 charges remaining)

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Nagaji Skald 5 AC 22 (T13,FF20) CMD 17| HP 33/33| F +6 R +4 W +4 | Init +2, Perc +8, Sense Motive +4 |

There's a snake at the door, Sothkoro thought, a big snake.

In some ways, he was a big snake. He was nearly six and half feet tall, and for most residents of the Inner Sea, probably some sort of lizardfolk. But Sothkoro of Valashmai grew up as an attendant of a lunar Naga. He was a member of their slave race, a Nagaji. But this snake was massive, much longer even Sothkoro or Sothkoro's brother.

Pulling out his drum, he had only one choice to make sure this gargantuan creature stayed still and left him alone.

using versatile performance to handle animal.
Perform (percussion)+mwk drum+Serpent's Sense: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 29

"Nunos, a gremlin with ants and the King of Biting Ants. Any connection?" the large skald asked. "I've seen what you describe before. The people of Valashmai live in fear of the kaiju and the few that survive their rampage... sometimes, their minds crack... Are we sure this is the best course for Stuinvolk? The magic in my music, it can inflame the passions, the mind, I don't wish to hurt him further."

Yeah, I don't know how to say Sothkoro is a skald, not a bard, but he is willing to use cure light wound wands.


Female Constrictor Lvl 4 Animal Companion

Vivi perks up as the snake person walks up to the door, remembering his master’s last order to guard his stuff by the door, she takes a defensive posture. The snake man then starts playing a soothing beat on his drum, and suddenly she feels comfortable with the strange man and relaxes as he passes by.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

A blue skinned undine enters the room. ”Apologies. I barely had time to get back to the library before I was drafted for this mission. Seems like the Society would leave me where I am best served for more than one day,” he grumbled. He looked aekjnd st the others and muttered. ”I’m Ashwell.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Knowledge history

10+:
Old-Mage Jatembe is a near-mythic figure who is
responsible for returning knowledge and control of magic to
a devastated world a thousand years after Earthfall.

15+::
The King of Biting Ants was a menacing sorcerer from
the Age of Anguish, who was defeated by Jatembe and his
band of Ten Magic Warriors.

20+::
The King of Biting Ants is said to have had a body
composed solely of venomous insects.

25+::
The King of Biting Ants dwelt in the Doorway to the
Red Star, deep in the Mwangi Expanse. It is unknown if he
was truly killed, or if he was banished through the doorway
by Jatembe and his allies.

KNOWLEDGE (LOCAL)

10+::
Mzali is a xenophobic city-state on the Pasuango
River in the Mwangi Expanse. Its people hold a strong ethos
of “Mwangi is for the Mwangi only,” rejecting colonialism
or trade with outsiders, especially Avistani. They are hostile
toward Sargava, and have attacked the city of Kalabuto
multiple times. Outsiders are generally not allowed within
their borders.

15+::
The Mzali people’s distrust of outsiders stems from
its ruler, the mummy-god Walkena. In in distant generations,
corrupt rulership led to a decline in the city’s fortunes, but in
the past century, Walkena’s return has reversed that, making
it one of the greatest strongholds of Mwangi culture on the
continent, in spite of the child-god’s isolationism.

any questions for the venture captain?

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

Ree nods in Sothkoro's direction, idly hooking her thumbs in her belt as she leans back against a nearby wall or support in thought. "I'm curious about those questions too, although *I* for one am totally on board for passion-inflaming music! Also, where exactly are we going? Anything you or Stunvolk can tell us about other dangers to expect or gear we might need?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

"You'll be heading into the Mwangi Expanse. It's hot there. I would prepare for warm weather!"

Scarab Sages

Human (Garundi) Shaman L5 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | Saves F:4 R:3 W:11 | Init:+7 | Per:+16 | Spd: 20+10 | Reroll: 1/1 | channel energy 2/4 | stardust 6/6 | spirit magic: 3/3 | Condition: longstrider (1h)

Untir is a tanned Garundi man. His long dark hair is tied back from his eyes with a ragged leather strip at his brow. Other than the breastplate he is wearing, a silvery large shield attached to his left arm, and a simple shortspear strapped to his back, he carries little else. He seems to take little heed of the heat, and he is dressed in light clothing, even as he soons becomes plastered with perspiration. If you stare at him long enough, you might spot a strange glimmering wave about him that appears and disappears quite randomly. Perhaps just a trick of the light.

"The most unfortunate man," Untir sighs. He speaks with a cadence that belies his almost barbaric appearance, much more educated than what people would associate a nomadic shaman from the Osirion desert. "The ancient Osiron lands are riddled with curses. What kind afflicts this poor soul?"

Untir is a healbot so let him hold onto the wands of make-you-feel-good.

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Skald 5 AC 22 (T13,FF20) CMD 17| HP 33/33| F +6 R +4 W +4 | Init +2, Perc +8, Sense Motive +4 |

knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"We should take care, if we can avoid the Mzali entirely, the better. They do not trust outsiders, and they hold special grudge against Avistani, like our charge Stuinvolk."

If possible, I'd like to spend 2 prestige for a wand of endure elements.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Know. History 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Quick post while I’m at lunch. Please read the spoilers for my Know History roll! Ash crushed it! Thanks!

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

"Hm, well at least it'll be inland and away from the damned ocean!" Ree chuckles. "Is there anything else about these Mzali we should know, or these nuno? ...should we be worried about Stunvolk having like a relapse if we're in the middle of a fight or something?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

@Sothkoro no problem you can mark it off your last Chronicle

Knowledge nature for info about the nuno

What can we expect from Stuinvolk? “You’ll meet with him soon. He can be distant, often. His therapist theorizes he keeps himself apart from emotional connections so that he doesn’t suffer if people die. He can help in a fight. He shouldn’t involve himself in hand-to-hand combat, but he’s a good archer; staying at a distance should keep him from overextending himself. He still has mood swings, though they’re less extreme than before. Depending on the day, he might be enthusiastic, or he might be irritable and easily distracted. Please just be patient and remember what this man has given—and is still willing to give—for the Society.

"As to what curses him. You can see when you meet him."

any other questions?

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash didn’t know anything about the described animals, so he was ready to depart on the mission.

Scarab Sages

Human (Garundi) Shaman L5 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | Saves F:4 R:3 W:11 | Init:+7 | Per:+16 | Spd: 20+10 | Reroll: 1/1 | channel energy 2/4 | stardust 6/6 | spirit magic: 3/3 | Condition: longstrider (1h)

About Nunos: knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Untir pauses for some time to recall what he knows of such creatures known as nuno. From his body language, it almost seems as it he is consulting with some one, or some people.

"Are there any equipment you might recommend would be useful both against such a creature? And also for where we are travelling to?"

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Skald 5 AC 22 (T13,FF20) CMD 17| HP 33/33| F +6 R +4 W +4 | Init +2, Perc +8, Sense Motive +4 |

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"We're following Stuinvolk, wherever that may lead us. That much seems clear."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:21, T:13, FF:18, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Serpentfang’s voice is like Cicero from Skyrim, not quite as high pitched, and more jovile. Oh yes, exciting stuff, mummies, master wizards, and curses, yes we should be off, I’ll get Vivienne and my things and I’ll be ready. Oh this is exciting indeed.

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

<3 skyrim dark brotherhood and Cicero

"I'm not sure about the nuno, but vermin repellent might be good for where we're going. I'll make sure to grab some for me before we leave. I don't really get grossed out...I just don't want any getting in my hair!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

@untir -nuno

The day after meeting with the Venture Captain, you meet Stuinvolk at a quiet tavern to go over the expedition.

Stuinvolk is tall, lean, and handsome. Unfortunately, the nuno’s curse has burdened him with gruesome, hair covered pustules on his neck and chest. He is resigned to his disfigurement, and in the heat of the Mwangi Expanse, rarely bothers buttoning his shirt to hide it.

With out even offering to get the PC's name he begins to lay out his plans. "We will go up the river and make landfall well into the expanse. It is best to try and skirt the lands of Mzali and into the savanna." his picture is in the maps and slides at the top

At the beginning of each day/phase, you will have a chance to use a diplomacy check to determine the Stuinvolks attitude for the day. Also, over the course of the adventure, you will need to try to gain influence/empathy with Stuinvolk. To do this, we will be doing a social encounters, put of Ultimate Intrigue, with him multiple times throughout this scenario. Now with these checks, any number of PC's can attempt a discovery check, but only one PC can attempt the influence. Over the course of the adventure, there will be multiple skills to influence him, and discoveries will grant you the chance to find out what they are.The more influence/empathy points you have, the easier it will be to communicate with him and adds to what he can do to assist in combat.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Sense Motive check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ash tries to observe the man, listening to his stories, trying to figure out what he might respond well to. This wasn’t his strongest ability, but he did the best he could.

Is Sense Motive the appropriate skill for discovery?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

[occ]@Ashwell defiantly[/ooc]

from pfsrd - Each type of discovery check has its own requisite skill and DC. Sense Motive often works as a discovery skill, but it may not be the best choice because it’s so general.

DISCOVERY CHECKS
Each PC who attempts a discovery check rolls separately, even
if multiple PCs attempt to discover information about the
same NPC during the same phase. This represents the PCs
forming their own separate opinions and analyses.
At the beginning of the social encounter, each PC can
attempt a relevant Knowledge check to recognize particularly
prominent NPCs. This skill is listed in the Recognize section
of the NPC’s social stat block. If any PC succeeds at this
check for an NPC, then all PCs gain a +4 bonus on their
discovery checks involving that NPC. Before attempting
a discovery check, a PC chooses whether to try to learn the
NPC’s strengths, the NPC’s weaknesses, or the skills that can
be used to influence him. Each type of discovery check has its
own requisite skill and DC. When a PC chooses to attempt a
discovery check, the GM should tell the player the possible
types of skill checks for each kind of discovery check (though
not the DCs), and let her pick which to attempt. If a discovery
check relies on a Knowledge skill, it requires observation in
the current moment, not static knowledge.
A PC who succeeds at a discovery check learns one of the
skills that can influence the NPC (starting with the skill with
the lowest DC), one of his strengths, or one of his weaknesses.
For every 5 points by which the PC exceeds the DC, she learns
an additional influence skill, strength, or weakness. Thus, a
withdrawn but observant character can provide allies with a
significant bonus (or help them avoid significant penalties)
on future influence checks, making her as important to the
group’s success as PCs who prefer the spotlight.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

INFLUENCE CHECKS
Without a successful discovery check, a PC attempting an
influence check must guess what an NPC’s influence skills
are. A PC generally gains no benefit or hindrance when using
a skill that cannot influence the NPC, though the GM may
rule that multiple fumblings annoy the target and impose
penalties on future rolls.
The PCs usually must succeed at more than one influence
check to sway an NPC. No matter how many PCs speak to
the same NPC, only one check to influence that NPC can be
attempted during that phase. Additional checks serve as aid
another attempts tied to the principal check. Succeeding at an
influence check by a substantial margin provides additional
benefits. Succeeding at an influence check by 5 or more
counts as succeeding at an influence check and a discovery
check (the PC chooses whether to learn one of the skills that
influences the NPC, one of the NPC’s strengths, or one of the
NPC’s weaknesses after the check is rolled instead of before
the check, but the check otherwise functions as a successful
discovery check). Succeeding at an influence check by 10 or
more allows the PC to choose between gaining the benefit
of succeeding at two influence checks or the benefits of an
influence check and a discovery check (as if she had succeeded
by only 5 or more).
Each PC who successfully succeeds at a check to influence
Stuinvolk Hundrakson during a social encounter improves
his mood by one step (hostile to unfriendly, unfriendly to
indifferent, indifferent to friendly, and friendly to helpful)
while each failed attempt worsens his mood by one step.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Analyze: A PC who succeeds at the listed check learns
details about what skills or checks can influence the NPC.
Each sentence should contain the information a single
successful discovery check reveals.

Analyze:Sense Motive DC 16) Stuinvolk gains perspective on
his trauma by reflecting on his travel experiences before the
disaster in the Mwangi Expanse, and a conversation involving
Knowledge (geography) helps. Lingering trauma is something
that trained healers study, and a Heal check can influence him.
He appreciates a good (albeit dry) joke, and as an Ulfen he
respects epic poetry; Perform (comedy or oratory) checks help
transform his experiences into dark humor or potential material
for a saga. Simply talking him through his trigger events,
whether sincerely (via Diplomacy) or pretending to care (via
Bluff) can influence him.

so Sense Motive, Knowledge (geography), Perform (comedy or oratory), Diplomacy and Bluff work as discovery skiils

"Are you ready to head to the boat?" Stuinvolk says in a very gruff voice.

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Skald 5 AC 22 (T13,FF20) CMD 17| HP 33/33| F +6 R +4 W +4 | Init +2, Perc +8, Sense Motive +4 |

So endure elements isn't a bard/skald spell. Who knew?

Sothkoro hands the endure elements wand to Untir and asks him to use one charge on Sothkoro and one charge on Stuinvolk at the start of each day.

"I am ready, my brother in arms," Sothkoro says politely. He will try to politely and sincerely inquire into how Stuinvolk is doing.

discovery diplomacy for his strengths: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Dark Archive

Male 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:21, T:13, FF:18, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

I just hit lvl 4 so I’m gonna take color spray in place of Vanish. I will also purchase a hot weather outfit.
Yes lead on sir, Vivi and I are ready for our adventure to begin. Thank you for coming with us it truly is an honor.
Serpentfang will aid Sothkoro on Diplomacy.
Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Scarab Sages

Human (Garundi) Shaman L5 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | Saves F:4 R:3 W:11 | Init:+7 | Per:+16 | Spd: 20+10 | Reroll: 1/1 | channel energy 2/4 | stardust 6/6 | spirit magic: 3/3 | Condition: longstrider (1h)

"Certainly, my friend," Untir says as he takes over the wand and uses it.

He then turns to Stuinvolk and nods. "Yes, I am ready." He pauses here before continuing with sympathy in both his eyes and voice. "I know this journey must be difficult for you, and we are not the companions you lost. But we will be by your side throughout this journey."

diplomacy, take 10: 10 + 11 = 21 to "to determine the Stuinvolks attitude for the day"

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

Ree stays relatively silent but helps out getting ready for the voyage, giving Stunvolk lots of smiles and compliments while trying to get a gauge of him. sorry for posting late crazy last couple of days

Bluff discovery: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 weaknesses?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

are we down to 4 players?

@Ree no worries!

Sothkoro "discovers that Sense Motive will work

Ree is unable to determine a weakness

After a few days’ travel upriver, the boat transporting you arrives at a makeshift dock on the east bank of the Lake of Vanished Armies. The captain points out a route marker about half a mile in the distance—a post mounted with a beaten brass sun. “That marks the edge of Mzali territory, This is as far as my boat goes. You should make their way north overland to skirt the Mzali borders as fast as possible.” "I agree" replies Stuinvolk looking at the ground.

she says, and states that this is as far as her boat goes. She
(and Stuinvolk) say that the PCs After unloading your gear and arranging with the captain for a time to meet
here for a return trip, her boat weighs anchor and departs.

Stuinvolk says "We should follow the lake
and river northeast for 50 miles or so, headed away from Mzali
itself. Three's a ford of the Upper Korir river that should
move us further away from Mzali territory—possibly
still within the Mzali’s claimed territory"

On the first few days after setting out Untir knows Stuinvolk is very moody and anxious. Unfriendly

As the sun sets and you make camp, Stuinvolk paces the camp’s perimeter,
glancing at the campfire with mixed emotions. He looks around worried.

In addition to the normal influence checks available for this
encounter, you can influence him by agreeing to travel across
the savanna more stealthily with a Stealth check

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash attempts to calm the anxious man’s nerves.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

”I couldn’t help notice you seem a bit worried, Stuinvolk. Rest assured, the Society wants the mission to succeed. We are some of the best they have to offer. We will be able to help you find those artifacts and return home safely.”

Scarab Sages

Human (Garundi) Shaman L5 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | Saves F:4 R:3 W:11 | Init:+7 | Per:+16 | Spd: 20+10 | Reroll: 1/1 | channel energy 2/4 | stardust 6/6 | spirit magic: 3/3 | Condition: longstrider (1h)

With Ash starting to make some inroads in connecting with Stuinvolk, Untir decides to stay silent and just observe, especially trying to decipher why he looks worried.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

Ree hasn't really gotten a handle on how best she can approach Stunvolk, but she agrees with a more stealthy crossing of open territory as being the smartest play they could make as a group.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
my dice are clearly more with me in a different game than here!

Dark Archive

Male 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:21, T:13, FF:18, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Stuinvolk Vivi suggested to me that we should take a more stealthy approach from here, would you agree?
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Vivienne will slither up behind Serpentfang.
Stealth Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
I dunno if Companions are allowed to aid, so if not just ignore the roll.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Three successes!

Stuinvolk agrees with Serpentfang and is thankful for Ashwells advice.

Night on the Mwangi savanna is oddly peaceful. The temperature
drops to more comfortable levels, and the night sky spreads out
above like a rich tapestry of wonder. Even the humming sounds of
insects are oddly comforting. The false sense of comfort ends with a wild,
ululating animal scream emanating from somewhere out
in the darkness

You notice with the scream, Stuinvolk's anxieties have grown. Survival or Knowledge arcana are the other skills for this part.

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Skald 5 AC 22 (T13,FF20) CMD 17| HP 33/33| F +6 R +4 W +4 | Init +2, Perc +8, Sense Motive +4 |

Sothkoro will attempt to determine what strange beast made the noise, and comfort Stuinvolk.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

But he had never heard anything like this in the jungles of Valashmai

Dark Archive

Male 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:21, T:13, FF:18, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

The strange scream wakes Ianvar from his sleep, after seeing Stuinvolks demeanor he springs in to action. Vivi defend Stuinbolk!
Know Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Unfortunately Ianvar is unfamiliar with the area and is having trouble identifying the sound.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Ash tries to figure what is going on around the camp at the time being.

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

Ree has no training in any of these skills, so when the scream is heard she just kips up, rapier already flying out of its sheath and in her hand as she moves into a defensive posture.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Everyone can use Knowledge (geography) ; Heal ;
Perform (comedy), Perform (oratory), or Survival ; Bluff or
Diplomacy to Influence.

Scarab Sages

Human (Garundi) Shaman L5 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | Saves F:4 R:3 W:11 | Init:+7 | Per:+16 | Spd: 20+10 | Reroll: 1/1 | channel energy 2/4 | stardust 6/6 | spirit magic: 3/3 | Condition: longstrider (1h)

influence: heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Mental illness, though not often recognised as such, is still an illness, and Untir has received some amounts of guidance from his... predecessors. He moves beside Stuinvolk, and simply says, "Don't worry, you have overcome this before and you can do it again." It is less the words used but rather his tone he uses to calm him down.

Only then does Untir turn into the forest to examine the source.
ID creature: survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

He then starts pulling out some wands to get ready for a possible battle.

Not sure how much time we have to prepare in case there's combat, but if there is, he activate wand of heightened awareness and wand of bless.

The Exchange

| Active spells/effects: none | HP 40/40 | Panache: 4/4 | Charmed life 3/3 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +0 | Init +12 | Perception +3 | Primary attack: Adamantine Rapier +10 (1d6+4+4) 18-20/x2 | Female Ifrit Swashbuckler (Inspired blade) 4

Ree stays on-guard but takes a moment to give Stunvolk a warm smile. "Hang in there. You've got this, and we've got your back!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

botting Ashwell, Sothkoro and Serpentfang

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Untir:
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

The party wasn't able to identify or catch a glimpse of the creature. But notices that Stuinvolk's mood improves due to the help of Untir, Sothkoro and Serpentfang.

3 successes!

- - -

After days of traveling the savanna, the miles of sere grassland
seem to blend together. In the dry midday heat, the yellow
and brown of the horizon form an interminable backdrop.
Occasional patches of trees do little to break the monotony,
their branches and sparse leaves barely moving in the still air.
Even the nearby stretch of the Korir River melds into the dry,
brown palette with its crumbling, muddy banks.

are you moving stealthily?

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Sorry, DM. I was waiting to see if I succeeded on the Knowledge Arcana roll as I thought that was my only action last round.

If Stuinvolk again recommends stealth, Ash has no reassign to disagree.

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

A Mwangi woman comes out of the brush wearing leather armor. She points with a sickle at the party.

Polyglot:
"Outsiders, why are you trespassing on OUR tribal lands?!? Begone!"

GM screen:
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

GM screen:
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sothkoro, Ashwell and Untir notice there are four men behind her in the brush with weapons out.

Upon seeing the Mwangi woman, beads of sweat form on Stuinvolk's forehead and he says in a loud whisper in Common, "Kill her!"

Sense Motive DC 12:
He's anxious

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash didn’t speak polyglot, but he did have a Comorehend Languages Spell. Assuming he is able to do so, he casts the spell on himself to try to understand what is going on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ashwell wrote:
Ash didn’t speak polyglot, but he did have a Comorehend Languages Spell. Assuming he is able to do so, he casts the spell on himself to try to understand what is going on.

OK

You understand she said: "Outsiders, why are you trespassing on OUR tribal lands?!? Begone!"

Scarab Sages

Human (Garundi) Shaman L5 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+2 CMD:13 | Saves F:4 R:3 W:11 | Init:+7 | Per:+16 | Spd: 20+10 | Reroll: 1/1 | channel energy 2/4 | stardust 6/6 | spirit magic: 3/3 | Condition: longstrider (1h)

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Untir whispers to Stuinvolk, "Let's not be hasty here. No need to start an incident if there's no need to. Unless you know something about this woman?"

Assuming not...
Not understanding what the woman is saying, Untir attempts to communicate using all the languages he knows (Ancient Osiriani, Celestial, Common, Osiriani), raising his weaponless hands. "Let's not be hasty here? We merely seek the source of the curse that had befallen this unfortunate man. We do not mean to intrude nor cause any trouble."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash tells the others what the woman said. He tries to gesture with his open hands, showing he meant no harm.

Aid another diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

1 to 50 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.