[OutPost II]Redelia's Through Maelstrom Rift (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

map


151 to 200 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember shouts at the white wyrd.

"Your friends understood me! We are here in peace!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Standard: Diplomacy plus move.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

The storm clouds seem to lose some of their thunder, as does the wyrd in the back, though they don't say anything in response.

The orange wyrd, meanwhile, points a limb toward Krakos, bathing the oread in cold, buzzing flames, similar to those making up the body of the wyrd. With the flames, Krakos feels a flash of external emotion.

Frightened/strange/home/air/not right/wrong way/frightened/fix/strange/home.

We're not in rounds anymore. Feel free to try and communicate with them, or to gather up your things and sail off if you'd rather.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

Octaris still has Tongues active so will attempt to communicate. On mobile at the moment so can't move on map, but will approach communicative wyrds.

"Hey, what's going on with this place? I am Octaris the mighty Water Wizard, and my associates here from the Concordance of Elements are here to investigate and explore. I know, for I am wise and very clever, that there is a disturbance in the elements. What have you seen that is different or unusual here?"


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Rhyol's words crackle and stumble with unfamiliarity, but she addresses the Wysps in their native tongue. "hsssWe are here to find what'sssss happening to your home. Bad air is frightening, hsssbut we can help bring back the balancesssss."

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

Octaris:
You've heard at least one of them speak Auran, which Octaris also speaks. You're not dependent on the duration of tongues to speak with them.

"Winds all wrong. Blow wrong way, from wrong way. Feels wrong. You fix?"


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Yes, we fix! What do you know about the wrong winds? Which way do they blow? Which way should they blow? Why is your friend over there sulking in the storm?"


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos focus own his own turbulent emotions, hoping that the fire which does not burn will help him communicate back.

worry/helpfulness/curiosity/want home/strangeness yes

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

"Thwoom not like talk, not like new friends, not like new winds. Not like Fzt! Fzt like new friends, not like new winds. Should blow that way" it points in one direction, "now blow every way, change ways. Not good." This all fits with the reason for your mission, the odd winds in this area.

From the fire, Krakos feels the following:

help/home/fear/strange/help/yes


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember is slightly confused.

She starts to gather the groups’ gear and prepares everything so that they can fly to the heart of the anomaly.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos frowns in concentration.
strange will help/yes/restore wind hope


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

Jamila doesn't know exactly what's happening, but she trusts her teammates to handle the communication with the strange creatures. She helps Ember load up the flying sail-carpet with salvaged gear.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Alright, Fzt. When did the winds change? Did you notice anything else strange happening? Were there any other creatures around? Creatures you didn't know?"

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

hope/restore/help/home/thanks/hope

"Fzzzzt" Fzzt makes an electrical buzzing sound, like sustained lightning, as they stare off into the air, thinking. "Wind changed many days ago. Tens of days. Maybe hundred. Many creatures in air. Most don't want to play."


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"They don't want to play? Oh, how boring! What did they look like?!"


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos nods encouragingly, not trusting is normally dour earthen nature to be as helpful as the very honest thoughts he continues to project.

Want to help/repair wind then fly far far away


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"hssssThe ones who don't want to play might make the bad windsss.
hsssCan you show us where they are?"

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

The wyrd seems to shrug. "Most not want to play. Nothing new."

I think I wasn't clear. There weren't any particular creatures that came by not wanting to play, just the normal traffic passing through. Because I think this has potential to drag: the wyrds don't know anything of particular use to you. If anyone has anything else they want to do here, go ahead. Otherwise, let me know where to next.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember helps to get the group to the anomaly.

”This was fascinating but now is the best time to hurry!!“


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"So, we're in the right place then? Perhaps we can steer our little boat towards one of these areas. The wreckage over there for instance. We might find clues as to the source of the anomaly."

If I'm understanding correctly, our next stops are the various features on the large map now? Or are we heading away from the weirds to someplace else?

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm listens to strange interaction with the group or Wyrds. ”Yes we must try to fix the imbalance in the winds. Didn’t we see a white tower in the distance? Maybe we should go check it out.”

Before leaving the Wyrds, Storm sees if they know anything about the tower.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

It takes a little time to get a clear answer, but the wyrds don't know anything about the tower. Looking around the wreckage and the other features of the nearby area turns up nothing relevant.

Unless someone has another suggestion, I'll move you on to the tower in a little while.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

Tower seems like a plan.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

You gather up the last of your misplaced belongings and climb back into your skiff. Several of the wyrds flash goodbyes to you as you set off for the distant tower.

As you approach, you see white marble tower approximately 100ft tall, adorned with golden reliefs of lightning, which seems to rock and sway. The thin ornamental bridge that once led to its double doors has snapped, and there is no sign of whatever once connected to the other side. The tower’s roof is entirely missing, replaced with a menacing mass of black sky shot through with shifting streaks of color. The scintillating mass struggles erratically against some invisible barrier above.

Pausing for a moment here to give folks a chance to do anything they'd like before opening the doors. We're back to 5ft scale on the map, thankfully.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

"hsssMarble too hard to burrow through. Are the colors dangeroussss? hssShould we use the doors?"


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember hides in the middle of the party.

"Yes, yes, let us go in!"


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Indeed! A moment whilst I bolster my defences!"

umd wand of mage armour: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Is anyone else without armour? If so, Octaris will gladly tap you with his wand.

More UMD rolls if needed
umd: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
umd: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
umd: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Octaris then shifts his Shroud of Water into a Shield.

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm cast barkskin on himself, before entering. ”Does anyone need healing?”


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember nods!

"Oh yes, such a protection would be great! Thanks"


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

"I suggest we try the doors. If the winds continue to be this dangerous, I'd rather be inside a structure than risk getting blown about investigating that strange mass near the roof."


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Healing, yes. The dour oread nods in agreement.
He concentrates for a moment, then holds his hands slightly apart, moving them together several times for perhaps half a minute.

spellcraft:

He is casting acid splash on himself

As he does so, the wounds he sustained in the crash seem to fade as an acrid scent emanates from him, sharp to the nose.
9 of the 12 rounds of stone in the blood used

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

The central space of this tower is dominated by a cyclone of dark clouds, swirling in place. Inside the cyclone, the sky seems to be dark and colorful, in contrast to the plane around it. Around the perimeter of the room are smaller rooms, two of the doorways open and four closed. Inside each of the open doorways you can see a brilliant blue crystal floating in place, unmoving as the tower sways around them.

What's up with that cyclone? Knowledge (arcana or planes):
DC 20:
Spoiler:
The dark and colorful sky inside the cyclone seems to be a glimpse into Maelstrom, the plane of primal chaos. The cyclone itself seems to be some sort of barrier between the that plane and this one.

Though it’s easy for you to orient yourself ‘downward’ toward the floor of this tower, you think you may be able to reorient your subjective gravity, given enough force of will.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Knowledge-Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

The oread takes in the chaotic cyclone and frowns.

Maelstrom rift. Maybe breach.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

kn planes aid: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

know.planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"I agree, my stony friend! A portal into the plane of chaos! Well, it's little wonder that the winds are going awry! It seems that this tower keeps the maelstrom at bay - but it must be failing. We need to fix it! We must explore the various rooms of the tower to learn why it is failing - before it's too late!"


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

"It's good you're here, Octaris! Team, I suggest we start working our way around the rooms in the clockwise direction."

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

I'll start with the two rooms immediately to your clockwise.

The archway immediately to your clockwise-side upon entering leads to a small room, suitable for contemplation, meditation, and worship. The walls are decorated with complicated reliefs. the first depicts a city made of ice and djinn bustling around a massive spherical building surrounded by dozens of similar but smaller round buildings. In another relief, a group of mephits emerges from a cloud dragon’s breath. The most striking scene depicts an immense being with the body of a serpent spun from storm clouds, the head of a lion with a mane of lightning, and hundreds of clawed feet. His expression is approving and content as he gazes upon the other creatures.

What is that cool lion-serpent thing in the picture? Knowledge (history, planes, or religion):
DC 25:
Spoiler:
That creature is Ranginori, a benevolent lord of air who was trapped and exiled ages ago.

Rows of silver pipes emerge from the ground in the second room, which is otherwise unadorned. A few of the pipes are capped with silver lids. Similar lids rest on the floor near the open pipes.

Both rooms contain brilliant blue crystals floating in their center, apparently fixed in place and not affected by the tower’s gentle swaying.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

kn planes aid: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"No idea what is going on here! But kind of looks important, right? We are on to something! But ... but what?!?" Ember says a little frustrated.

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm stares at the picture ”Wonder what this is all about?”

Kn planes aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"I bet you're glad you brought me along eh, Jamila? Oh look, mephits! Hmm, interesting artwork, but it doesn't do anything." Can't hit the know.planes DC, so I don't think I can aid anyone.

"Ah, now look over here! Pipes! They must go somewhere!"

Octaris flies over towards the pipe-room.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

knowledge-planes, add +3 if Monster Lore applies: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
knowledge-religion, add +3 if Monster Lore applies: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Uncertain if ML applies in this case


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"The depictions seem vaguely familiar, but I can't place them. Once we make this place secure and stop the rift, perhaps sages can be brought here for further study. As for the pipes, my best guess is they're to relieve pressure of some kind--but whether putting the caps on would be for good or ill, I have no idea!"

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

Go ahead and apply it, Krakos.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos nods at the picture in recognition and continues in what is probably the longest speech he's given in weeks.
Ranginori. Hshurha's long-defeated foe. One of the Four Who Were Defeated by my Lord and his three contemporaries of the other planes.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

Let me know what you'd like to do/where you'd like to go next.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Let's do a little experiment!"

Octaris uses Create Water basic hydrokinesis to conjure water above one of the open pipes, just to see if he can work out where it goes.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Rhyol looks on with delight as Octaris begins his experiments. "hsssDoes anyone know what the floating crystals are forsss"


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Probably the crystals are what focus the storm that seals the chaos-portal, and the tower is just built around them. You always see crystals in magic like this."

Octaris opines.

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm goes over to the next door checkout it out before opening it.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

Octaris's splash of water gurgles down one of the uncapped pipes into a small empty chamber, no more than a few cubic feet, connected below. Meanwhile, Storm looks over the next door, finding nothing out of the ordinary.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember peaks into the room Storm opened.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

151 to 200 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost II]Redelia's Through Maelstrom Rift All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.