GL's Shattered Star.

Game Master Grandlounge

Maps

Loot


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,276 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

I mean, I needed a 17 to hit the minimum, so yeah, it's unlikely, but between the boost from the Shard of Pride, being a Wizard, and max ranks in the skill, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

There's a similar thing in Return of the Runelords. It's a DC 25 Diplomacy check at level 1 with a "it's unlikely the PCs will be able to make the check" phrase, and then the PCs in my PbP went and did it. Sometimes, I feel like Paizo adds that phrase in order to tempt fate.

Von-Dai looks at the mural and says, "Once we have secured the Shard, we should take the time to make notes and drawings of the murals we've found here. They will be quite important to our Pathfinder reports."

Von-Dai is ready to move on, but if anyone wants to make Perception checks to find anything in the rubble, feel free.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus will poke around a bit.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Human Rogue

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
Von-Dai Cress wrote:
We are Pathfinders, so technically all of us. After all, the motto is to Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

Bah! You are ruining my moment :P

GM_Grandlounge wrote:

If I had to guess at Sageness I would say it is the person that hit the planes check that also included that phrase, 'It’s unlikely

the PCs will be able to decipher this last bit of information...' But, this is why it is good to have multiple people that can make rolls.

And you! :P

Why can't you just be happy for Hedrak :'(

The half-orc shares his knowledge with the others, and after a quick look around keeps watch as his companions search the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli joins the others in searching.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Searching you determine that the door to the south is safe and beyond it are hallways leading east, south and west and that the corridor to the east from the current room goes back in the direction of the entrance but through unexplored areas.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai looks at the door, then the corridor to the east in the current room.

"Should we go that way first? I think I'd rather make sure we don't have anything at our backs before we go through this door."


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

"Agreed" - Hedrak nods at Von-Dai, then checks the door for any traps or noises from beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Not replacing our Rogue, just helping moving us along ;)


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli suggests, "I can look through the door, first."


Female Human Rogue

"Let me help with that"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

This chamber is bare save for a statue depicting a regal looking woman wielding a ranseur—she stands in a battle ready pose, with the tip of the ranseur aimed at the northern entrance to the room.

Sevrus and Hedrak (C17) you realize that the statue of Runelord Alaznist was once a dangerous trap, but unlike the dungeon itself, the trap hasn’t weathered the passage of time all that well. Originally, the statue unleashed fireballs into the room whenever anyone not prominently bearing the Thassilonian rune of wrath stepped inside. Today, the statue sputters and smokes for a round before it triggers, and the fireballs it emits are a pale shadow of the devastating explosions it once generated. The center of the detonation is focused on the tip of the statue’s ranseur, so that when the fireball detonates, it fills the room and a 10-foot square extending into the hallway to the north and south. The trap does not trigger if there are no targets in motion in the room.


Does it look like I could disable it?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Yep you think you could. Give me a roll.


Female Human Rogue

disable device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus moves so slowly as to not activate the motion sensor and gently using her thieves tools further damages an arcane rune.

The trap is disabled.


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

"Well done Sevrus" - Hedrak nods - "Wouldn't want to risk it getting to work properly, or catch us unawares if we are falling back for any reason..."

Scouting ahead to C18?


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"Agreed. I have studied the fireball spell, and it is quite destructive and painful - appropriate to a school such as evocation."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

You just came from C18. You can exit C18 and go south, but you just decided not too. So any C7-12 or C13-16.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Yeah, glad not to be scorched. "


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

C7, everyone?


Female Human Rogue

Sounds good

Sevrus will stealth ahead and search for traps, etc

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Hedrak stands at the ready, waiting for Sevrus to give the 'all clear'


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

A pillar stands at either end of this wide room. The northern pillar is carved with the image of a beautiful woman wielding a ranseur. The southern pillar depicts seven robed men and women, their features eroded with the years. Each of them holds one segment of the seven-pointed star. Strange runes are carved into the floor.

Thassilonian and ask, “Does true power lie within the one or the many?

DC 25 Knowledge (history):
The northern pillar depicts Alaznist, the Runelord of Wrath, while the south pillar shows the seven original runelords after they sundered the Shattered Star. The runes pose a question that was meant to remind Alaznist’s followers that the key to their power as the heirs of Thassilon lay in following one ruler rather than seven. If the north pillar is touched, Alaznist’s image glows for a moment and the individual who touched the pillar receives a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks for 24 hours. A person who touches the southern pillar instead receives a –1 penalty on the same checks and rolls for 24 hours. A person who touches both pillars cancels the effects of each out. Both effects can affect a person only once.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Von-Dai said, "The northern pillar again depicts Alaznist, Runelord of Wrath. The southern pillar...this appears to show the original seven Runelords who sundered the Shattered Star, each taking a piece for themselves. The runes in the floor appear to imply that Alaznist felt the true meaning of her and her followers power as the heirs of Thassilon lay in following a single ruler as opposed to seven. She may have been working on a way to reforge the Shattered Star. If it is as powerful as believed, one Runelord having its power would have been given great advantage."

Casting detect magic, he scans the room. "The northern pillar appears to provide a boon to a character for a period of one day, while the southern pillar provides a bane. Touching both would cancel the effects, and each can only be used once per person."


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli asks, "Can each person use it -- or does it work only once? Or once a day?"


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Might as well give it a shot." and Marcus walks over and touches the northern pillar.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"Only once for each person ever. The effect lasts a day."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Marcus feels good. He feels more powerful, quicker keener of mind.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Only once? Damn, that sucks. I feel pretty damned good right now. "


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"It is quite potent an enchantment, however, given its limited nature, I think I'll hold off on using it myself right now. Would anyone else care to activate it?"


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

When you witness the effect on Marcus you have also become confident that there are not hidden effects beyond your normal abilities.


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will also touch the northern pillar


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus finds herself empowered by magic as well.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

On the way to C7 you could see into Gatehouse (C8) and it was clear.

This oddly shaped room retains some of the trappings of its former glory. Remarkably well-preserved tapestries hang at the back of alcoves above stone benches. Both depict a mountain with a woman’s face carved into the peak above an immense bridge that crosses the ocean below, while at the mountain’s base rises a strange city. A single stone pillar stands in the middle of the room, the image of a seven-pointed star with a hole in its center carved into its north face. A brass portcullis stands to the west, barring entry into a hallway leading beyond.

Knowledge (history) DC 25:
The tapestries both depict the city of Xin-Bakrakhan at its height.
An examination of the pillar reveals two points of interest. First, the hole in the middle of the Sihedron carved on its side is triangular, not circular. Second, a picture of the Sihedron.
DC 25 Knowledge (arcana or history):
the Sihedron is presented with a point straight down rather than straight up—an unusual departure from how the image is normally displayed. If an appropriately shaped tool is wedged into the triangular hole, the star can be rotated; turning it 180 degrees so the bottom-pointing star points up causes the portcullis open

Treasure: Both of the tapestries have been treated with preservative magic—they are worth 250 gp each, but each weighs 50 pounds. Hidden within the hollow hanging rod that suspends the western tapestry

Perception DC 23:
You find a wand Spellcraft DC 18
Spoiler:
wand of lesser restoration (17 charges).


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Mutter, mutter. Low dice rolls.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

That's what I get a nat 20 on!?

Von-Dai looks over the room. The triangular hole was interesting, and there was something off about the Sihedron, but he couldn't put his finger on it. The tapestries were well made, and clearly had some sort of preservative magic on them - taking them back to Heidmarch Manor was probably a good idea. After they were finished, though - they looked heavy.

While examining the western tapestry, he notices something with the hanging rod. Extracting it, he looks at the wand, then casts detect magic to study it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

"I don't think I've ever seen the magic in this wand before. Perhaps after more study I'll be able to figure it out."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Von that was an odd set of rolls. We will see if you had and assistance or guidance.


Female Human Rogue

Does it look like anything in particular would fit in the hole?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

There was a lot of odd shape clock work items in the room with clockwork robot. C5


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

"I would not seek the blessings of those whom I do not know or trust" - the half-orc grunted as they looked over the pillars in the previous room.

So he does not touch any pillar :D

-------

C7

Not sure I can do anything to help the rolls :P

Hedrak looks around as there are many things to grab his attention, and offers his opinion to Von-Dai.

Knowledge (History) Aid?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge (History) Aid?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Hedrak chimes in with some useful observations about the room but it's not enough to get Von to the conclusions that would satisfy him. Von and feel the memory of the answer but with the trials of the last few days, they remain elusive.

Does anyone else want to help, if they are trained? Is anyone going back to C5 to see if there are parts that fit? If so roll perception.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Don't have the skills so I can't aid with a check above DC 19

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

And I'm blind as a bat. I'll go be a dumb brute in the corner...


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will head back and see if she can find any parts

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

It takes about 15min but you are able to find a part that seems to fit. It is a reinforced brass hand-craking. It seems like it would fit in the triangular hole.


Sevrus will try and use the cranking in the triangular hole, hoping it won't release a trap.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus give me a perception check as you start to turn the crank.


Female Human Rogue

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

"Are we sure what the effects will be...?" - Hedrak stands guard, weapon ready.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai is completely engrossed in his studies, trying to recall the answers, and so he isn't paying attention to Severus's actions. He mutters to himself as he goes over things in his head.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus there no traps but you get the immediate sense that this is going to be very loud and reverberate through multiple chambers.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli watches carefully, feeling nervous, Should have prepared some auguries today...

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,276 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GL's Shattered Star. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.