GL's Shattered Star.

Game Master Grandlounge

Maps

Loot


951 to 1,000 of 1,208 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai nods. "Excellent. Being able to control the shard as soon as we find it without worrying about the curse will be highly beneficial."

Turning to Hedrak, unknowingly taking on a lecturing tone, Von-Dai said, "The artifact is known as the Shattered Star of Xin. It is an ancient Thassilonian item that could be used to protect Varisia from dangerous threats, such as those rumored to have led to the discovery of Xin-Shalast a few years back. The Shattered Star consists of seven separate shards, each named after one of the reputed seven sins, which are in turn associated with one of seven schools of magic. The first shard we recovered, the Shard of Pride," here Von-Dai produces the shard from the handy haversack, "is associated with Illusion magic. The Shard we seek, the Shard of Greed, is associated with Transmutation magic. There are drawbacks to the Shards, however. Each of them bears a curse associated with its sin - the person who was originally bearing the Shard of Pride had taken it upon herself to sever ties with her gang and form a new one, for it had given her delusions of grandeur and made her refuse to be subordinate to anyone else. Fortunately, once the ioun stone is slotted into the Shard, the curse is negated, and the Shard can be used freely, without issue."

Knowledge (arcana) on pale blue rhomboid ioun stones: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Von-Dai considers the ioun stone, to try and determine who would be best to carry it.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

I figured that Von would like to monologue about ancient artifacts. the Ioun Stone grants the wearer a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength.


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Hedrak listens with attention to Von-Dai - "What will be the fate of this artifact if recovered? And are there others who are aware of it?" - he grunts.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"Thus far, we've been holding onto this shard, and will likely hold onto all of them as we find them - they are quite useful. Once we've found them all, I believe Venture-Captain Heidmarch will decide what we do with them. As for whether anyone else knows about them, to the best of our knowledge, we are the only ones after them. That is not to say there may not be others seeking them, only that we don't know if there are."


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

"Understood" - the half-orc nods - "Then the tale is explained, and the task ahead is clear - returning to this Crow location after a chance for respite?"


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Correct you can all rest and recover everything you like. I just need to know how you will deal with the Mite King then we can proceed.


Female Human Rogue

Didn't we have to return the body of Clickylegs to the mite king?


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

What is up with the Mite King? :D


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Your quest for the mighty heroes was to retune is other crown. It was one of the two +2 bracers of armor you just found. You can return it, steal the other one so someone can use it or do something else.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

I vote we return the crown. I think I'm the only one that would use the bracers, and mage armor provides a better bonus.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

I'm happy with that. I will post the first rooms of the next floor later today.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

I concur on the giving the bracer back. Not like it's worth that much.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Do we have anything to sell? GM, did you say we were leveling up to 4 soon?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

You are all level 4. You have time to buy and sell without issue. Because of where you are and the access of the pathfinder society, if you can afford it you can buy it.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

After resting for the night, prepping their gear, the group meets up paddles over to the crow and tie off the boat. They travel up and down through the top floors of the crow, through the magic nearly in penetrable doors and meet with the king of the mites who dubs the group, newcomers and veterans alike, Knights of the Kingdom of mites. When you descend to the next floor for the first time you notice that the architecture hear if less ornate and much more purposefully designed.

A red statue of a beautiful woman armed with a large ranseur stands in the center of this chamber.

DC 25 Knowledge (history):
the statue as being of Runelord Alaznist. At one point, Runelord Alaznist could animate this statue from a far and used it to observe the Laboratory and communicate with her minions. Since Earthfall, the link between this statue and Alaznist has fallen quiet, and the statue itself now only radiates faint divination.
DC 20 Spellcraft check
Spoiler:
reveals that the statue once may have served as a sort of remote observation device or even as a guardian, but now no longer functions.

Perception DC 12:
The ranseur held by the statue is not a part of it, and can be removed from the statue’s hand with a successful DC 18 Strength check.

DC 18 Spellcraft

Spoiler:
+1 cold iron ranseur.

West
A thirty-foot-diameter, softly glowing circle of runes shimmers on the floor. What appears to be a single flickering flame burns with no apparent source fuel in the middle of the room.

DC 23 Spellcraft:
There is a circle of runes functions as a permanent and oversized magic circle against law (CL 15th)—a potent ward that the devils of this level cannot cross.

You reveal the nature of the circle, and that at one point, long ago, it held a powerful creature of fire within. As such, this room could make an excellent place to rest away from danger.


East
The bare stone floor of this room overlooks a stair that descends to the south.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Agreed about returning the bracer


Female Human Rogue

[i]Sevrus will search the statue for traps

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Then assuming we are heading downstairs Sevrus will go first searching for traps etc and stealthing.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Hedrak is caught by surprise as the King of Mites offers them the title, but he stands his ground, tall and proud nonetheless - "Thank you" - he nodded at the big headed fey.

-------

I could make that Knowledge (History) if we have time... I have a +5 bonus. Grandlounge, could I take 20 for that?

Perception (is 1 always a failure, or I can auto-succeed?): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Taking notice of the particular nature of the Ranseur, he casts a simple dweomer.

Casting Detect Magic to check the statue and the weapon.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

"Another statue of Alaznist, Runelord of Wrath. This was definitely part of her domain."

Von-Dai casts detect magic on the statue.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

"Interesting. At one point, Alaznist could see through and animate this statue, allowing her to communicate with whatever minions she had stationed here. It may have once even served as a guardian, but has long since gone dormant."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Von-Dai nods. "Good eye, Hedrak. The ranseur is not part of the statue. It would take some tugging to remove it, but we could take it with us. The weapon itself appears to be made of cold iron..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

"...and possesses an enhancement to make it more accurate and sharper."

+1 cold iron ranseur. DC 18 Strength check to remove, if the muscley guys want to try.

Moving onto the next room, Von-Dai again casts a cantrip to study magic as he examines the runes on the floor.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

"These runes function as a permanent - and oversized - magic circle against law. Any beings who are aligned with the cosmic forces of law, such as archons or devils, cannot cross this line. If we need to rest, and we have encountered such creatures, this might be quite useful. This circle also once held a powerful creature of fire, although I believe that creature to no longer be bound by it."

Sorry to rain on your parade about the Knowledge (history) check, Hedrak.


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
Von-Dai Cress wrote:
Sorry to rain on your parade about the Knowledge (history) check, Hedrak.

Hahaha, not at all sir - you are the Scholar here!

Listening carefully to Von-Dai's words, Hedrak looks at the ranseur but does not pull it free, considering himself a newcomer and deferring to Marcus - "A fine weapon"

Von-Dai Cress wrote:
"These runes function as a permanent - and oversized - magic circle against law. Any beings who are aligned with the cosmic forces of law, such as archons or devils, cannot cross this line. If we need to rest, and we have encountered such creatures, this might be quite useful. This circle also once held a powerful creature of fire, although I believe that creature to no longer be bound by it."

"Do these work only on extraplanar creatures?"

Hedrak is LG :D


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus you determine the way is clear for the group. You also know the stature is not trapped so the team can safely remove the ranseur.

Hedrak 1 is not an autofailure in pathfinder so you auto succeed any chack that is your mod +1. You are correct Hedrak it only works for extraplanar (summoned creatures).


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli says, "Think of it as a more powerful version of a simple protection spell."


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

”Hedrak, Marcus, let’s grab this Ramsey’s before we move on.”

Von-Dai tugs at it, trying to get it loose.

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 2


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

You guys can take 20 on the street check or roll them if you are concerned about time and noise roll until you succeed. Then I just need to know if you would like to start exploring east or west.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus will grab the ranseur. "Not my preference in weapons, but I can use it if needed. Don't much like polearms, shields are too useful. "


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
Marcus Stanic wrote:
Marcus will grab the ranseur. "Not my preference in weapons, but I can use it if needed. Don't much like polearms, shields are too useful. "

"Understood" - Hedrak nods - "Both can have their uses, I would say" - he adds.

Since I have just joined, am not sure if the whole area has been explored yet. Plus I am not 100% sure where we are on the maps :D

Still:

"I would suggest going West to explore the remaining areas before proceeding further down?"

Do you guys have an MO - does Sevrus usually scout ahead? Stuff like that?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus usually scouts ahead.

You move ahead carefully west there is a 70ft hallway. The first door you see is to your right.

Map up.


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will search for traps and listen at the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Hedrak keeps watch toward the rear of the group.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

As Sevrus looks for wires and arcane runes her keen eyes find no danger. The door seems clear.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

An alcove to the south of this empty room is partially blocked by a curtain of red mesh formed from fine steel chains, rusty from long exposure.

The curtain actually blocks an entire second half of the room, which becomes readily noticeable when you approach within 10 feet of it. The walls of the room beyond the curtain are marred by crude inscriptions rendered in charcoal. These scribblings are written in Infernal and repeatedly claim the

For those that read infernal:
“domain” in the name of the “Suzerain of Little Erebus.”

Sevrus you hear whispers in an evil-sounding language from behind the curtain.

GM: 1d20 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 131d20 ⇒ 11

You currently remain undetected.


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will let the others know about the whispers


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai whispered, ”The writings on the wall proclaim this domain in the name of the ‘Suzerain of Little Erebus, whoever that is.”

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Do I know who this Suzerain is?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

you know that it is something so profane and evil your knowledge does not yet reach those depth. Or it is someone so insignificant It would be impossible to know of them. It is however a name of devilish origins.


Female Human Rogue

Is the door closed or is it open enough that Sevrus could try and sneak in to get a closer look


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Hedrak snarls as he reads the inscriptions in Infernal, his mind reeling back to when he first came in contact with that language so long ago...

At Sevrus' warning. he stands perfectly still, nodding and waiting to see if the rogue will be able to scout further, or if they simply will try to burst in to the next area.

Grand Lodge

The door is open enough to go in. The curtain obstructs your vision if you move it you think it would give way your position. What do you do?


Female Human Rogue

Is there anything in front of the curtain?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Nope the room is basically empty. Just a heads up my posting will be erratic the next week or so.


Female Human Rogue

[i]Sevrus sneaks back to the others

"There's nothing immediately in the room but there's a curtain with something behind it. I can't sneak in past the curtain without them seeing."


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
GM_Grandlounge wrote:
Nope the room is basically empty. Just a heads up my posting will be erratic the next week or so.

Thank you for the heads up GL.

"Then let us push onward" - Hedrak whispers back.

Will wait for the party approval, but if all are ok Hedrak draws steel, and pulls the curtain back.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus nods and follows.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli nods as well, then says, "This seems a case it wouldn't be helpful to look through a wall."


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will pull the curtain to one side.


Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Bump! :D


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Initiative :

Marcus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Von-Dai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sevrus: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Zeltiyeli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Hedrak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

The bold may act.
Sevrus
Marcus
Zeltiyeli
Von-Dai

1: DC: 13 Planes
2: DC: 11 Planes
Hedrak


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

What does 'tyeli know to share with others?


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

I auto-pass both Knowledge (planes) checks to know what they are. I will, however, hold off on rolling my checks until we know what Zeltyieli knows.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Kinda waiting to know what we see.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

You know there is one Imp and two Lemure all three are devils.

You can always ask for information in the pieces of knowledge link.

Imp: Advance DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Lemure: DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, mind-affecting effects, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

951 to 1,000 of 1,208 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GL's Shattered Star. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.