GL's Shattered Star.

Game Master Grandlounge

Maps

Loot


901 to 950 of 1,005 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Heal (untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Map Pieces of Knowledge

You take no more STR damage and it clears from your system.

Where to next all?


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Let's check those 3 corner rooms off the big room we're in, then go north (up on the map)?


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Sorry, Zeltyeli would have tended the wound as soon as combat ended.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

No worries she was able to make the saves.

Looking through the side rooms you believe that historically would have been curtained of used for ceremonial preparation for events occurring in this assembly hall. Following the hallway north you find the staircase that brought you down to this level.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Finding they were backtracking, Von-Dai then suggested, "Let's head south, then."


Sevrus will go in front searching and being stealthy.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Map Pieces of Knowledge

As you creep forward you can turn right and go down a hallway into a large open room that is too dark for you to see into or go straight into what appears to be a kitchen.

The chamber opens out in a wide half-circle. Giant brick ovens
have been built into the curved wall, and fire pits outfitted with
multiple spits for roasting are set nearby.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

So what's the plan?


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyeli looks around, then pauses, "I think I'm worried about what's been on those spits."


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"I'm not even sure when the last time they were used was. Let's investigate the large room and see what's down there." Von-Dai pulls out a coin and speaks words of magic, causing the coin to glow with a light.

Casting light.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Zeltyieli you hear a chittering from the kitchen, maybe from the cupboards but it is hard to tell.

Perception Z: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Von's Light illuminates the room but not the source of the sound.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli says, "There's something in there... I can hear it."


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Are we investigating the sound or moving on?


Female Human Rogue

Can we identify what is making the sound?


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Knowledge nature please.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"It sounds like bugs to me. "

no ranks in that skill.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Von-Dai listens for whatever it is that's making the sound, trying to identify it.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

It sounds like hundreds of insects, the kind of which you are unsure based on the sound alone (we will roll that check over if you see them). They seem calm enough, for now, but you wonder about how they may react to loud noises or approaching creatures.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"It sounds like there are hundreds of insects. we are, perhaps, better off avoiding them - they may become hostile should we approach or make loud noises."


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"I'm no good against great big gobs of little bugs, so I agree with avoiding them. "


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Meeting Hall
A damp natural grotto opens up in the earth here, its stone ceiling rising forty feet above. Fat columns of brick support the northern end of the room, and the floor of the southern end has been carved into a low dais upon which stands the mould slick statue of a beautiful woman wielding a ranseur.

In front of you see a human-sized crab like monstrosity clings tenaciously to the rough stone, its enormous pincers held out menacingly before it.

DC 10 Perception:

Secret door in the southern wall hangs askew in a broken frame the passageway leads to.

Ancient shelves hold only the dust of whatever foodstuffs were once stored here. In the alcoves to the south, iron hooks for hanging meats dangle from the ceiling.

Initiative :

Marcus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Von-Dai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Sevrus: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Zeltiyeli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Natalya: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cave Fisher: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The bold may act
Zeltiyeli:
Von-Dai:
Sevrus:

Cave Fisher:
Marcus:
Natalya:

After this fight we will be level 4, so start prepping your characters.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Von-Dai said, "There's a broken secret door over in the southern wall. Let me see if I know what this crab is..."

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

If it isn't any of those three, I have local at +13 and planes at +12.

As he racked his brain, Von-Dai cautiously moved forward enough to see it, then hurled his staff at it.

Hand of the Apprentice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Map Pieces of Knowledge

This is a very powerful individual of the cave fisher species. It is Immune mind-affecting effects. You also know it has a filament capable of pulling people from 10 feet for which it gets its fisher name.

It is a simple creature that's all relevant information.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

And that's why I'm 15 feet away!


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Zeltiyeli and Sevrus you're up.


Female Human Rogue

Wary of the creature, Sevrus moves forward slowly and throws a dagger.

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli slides the small bow off his shoulder and shoots at the creature.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Von's staff manages to hit seemingly because the creature was caught off guard. Even while getting a jump on it neither Sevrus's dagger nor Zeltyieli's arrow pierces the tough carapace of the creature.

Zeltyieli I moved you to the closest square you could soot from.

The cave fisher makes a bubbling gurgling noise as it moves toward Von, the most dangerous combatant where it snips at you.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The bold may act
Zeltiyeli:
Von-Dai: -9
Sevrus:

Cave Fisher:
Marcus:
Natalya:


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus moves forward to attack

dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus moves up and attacks the big bug thing.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 damage: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Sevrus find the shell virtually impenetrable. Marcus seeing the mouth open as the creature hisses at Sevrus aims for the mouth and strikes hard and accurately.

Zelti and Von you are up.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Apparently having gotten too close to the cave fisher, Von-Dai attempts to put some space between him and it, then casts a spell to hurl two missiles of force at it.

5-foot step, then magic missile.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7


Map Pieces of Knowledge

The missiles strike unerringly and brightly, lighting the room with several flashes.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Firebird moves up and attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli slides his bow back onto his shoulder, Can't risk hitting any of my friends..., and then unwinds his scarf, getting ready to move up and attack.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Zeltyieli prepare for melee combat.

The cave fisher takes two quick snips at Sevrus.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The bold may act
Zeltiyeli:
Von-Dai: -9
Sevrus:-13

Cave Fisher -25:
Marcus:
Natalya:


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus moves slightly and continues to attack

dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus will try to whip it again.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25damage: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Map Pieces of Knowledge

The tip of Marcus's whip cracks the chitin of the creature's face and it collapses to the ground.

With that, the team searches the room and finds a small leather pouch is tied tightly to one of the cave fisher’s legs. Within are a dozen polished rocks, 23 tiny teeth, and a bracer of armor +2—the mate to the one worn by King Zugga.

[ooc]I'm going to have you all return to the lodge to check-in with Sheila. This will act as the time you guys need to in-game to level up. It will also allow use to retire Firebird and introduce a new character.

The group returns to Sheila Heidmarch.

"Oh wonderful you are back. We have a few things to discuss. First, Natalya we will be pulling you to help a new group of pathfinders with their confirmation. Don't go too hard on them, ok?"

Sheila gestures to another person in the room.

"Hedrak please introduce yourself. Once that is done I will tell you about the state of my research."


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli whistles, "Nice strike, Marcus."


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Thanks. Guess the whip works. "


The newcomer steps out of the shadows - "Captain Heidmarch tells me you might need a strong arm to accompany you on your ventures" - his orcish heritage definitely unmistakable as he speaks in a deep, guttural voice.

"I am Hedrak, and I am here to help" - the massively built half-orc's fangs are evident, as well as his deeply furrowed brows and nose. His skin is darkly tanned, and his hair and beard a deep black, matching his intense and scrutinizing eyes.

In spite of the breastplate, the heavy steel shield, the huge backpack at his back, and several weapons dotting his well worn travelling attire (including a large polearm), he seems to carry himself easily.

Turning around to offer a nodded greeting at each one of you, you notice a silver symbol dangling freely around his neck - a Sword crossed with a Wing.

"Well met all"

I have an image of Hedrak, or as close as I see him. Can't find an Avatar to match :P


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

No one can find an avatar to match their character. We all just get as close as possible.

Before Returning

"Thank you Sevrus, Marcus, for distracting the cave fisher. I think I'll try to stay further back from now on."

Von-Dai was very fortunate he hadn't been killed by the thing.

Heidmarch Manor

"Well met, Hedrak. I am Von-Dai Cress, student of the arcane. Once Venture-Captain Heidmarch fills us in on her research, we'll update you on the status of our investigation into the Crow," Von-Dai greets the half-orc, looking forward to all the help they can get.

Von-Dai hadn't made much of a study of religion, and so didn't know what the holy symbol was.


Female Human Rogue

"I am Sevrus, I find traps and hidden items of value, welcome to the team."


With an acknowledging nod, Hedrak extends his hand in a greeting - first at Von-Dai - "the Crow?"

SEVRUS DESPICA wrote:
"I am Sevrus, I find traps and hidden items of value, welcome to the team."

And then at Sevrus - "Thank you. And those seem like a most excellent set of skills"


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli bows with a flourish, then offers his hand, "I am Zeltyieli, one of the Empyrial Lord Sinashakti's runners, and a reader of the Harrow."


"Well met Master Zeltyieli" - Hedrak replies with a curt bow, accepting the cleric´s hand, and greeting him in return.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Good to have another front liner around. " and Marcus shakes his hand.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

The poised venture captain stands from behind her desk, "I have completed my initial research and know which ioun stones mix with which shards, I have already acquired a pale blue rhomboid ioun stone to help you control the shard you are currently looking for, the shard of greed. I will try to acquire the other iouns. Once you have the shard of greed, I will know which to prioritize."

Turning to the new group member, "The team here stumbled across one part of a significant artifact. Each time they find one of these shards, it psychically imparts the location of another the next part to the barer. They are currently searching the Crow for the next piece; the Crow is a current thug hideout but so much more. The Crow is a piling, one of the remaining pillars that once supported the massive stone bridge. Within, they find the Tower Girls, among other dangers I can only assume looking at you all."

The group as made it beyond the occupied area, past a paradox door, into rooms that have been unexplored by humans for thousands of years.

Feel free to state any important facts you have found then you can rest make purchases and head back to the Crow. You can also decide if you are giving the Mite king his back up crown or stealing the other bracer from him.

901 to 950 of 1,005 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GL's Shattered Star. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.