GL's Shattered Star.

Game Master Grandlounge

Maps

Loot


751 to 800 of 1,168 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

"Are there people in the people-cages?"


|HP: 28/28| AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl), | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Dip:+10, Ha: +10, KnwR: +6 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH ([2]d6) 4/4 | Active conditions:

"We should get them out!" Natalya insists. "Or at least break the cages!"

It is clear she finds the idea of cages deeply disturbing.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

"I sneaked there once there was a hairless human with dog-like legs, its mouth has tiny arms with three-fingered hands. But, it is not in a cage."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

He elaborates. "I have neven seen people, well human people down here in cages or out."


Female Human Rogue

"Does anyone recognise the description of this dog like human?"


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Nope, got no idea what that is, but is sure sounds creepy. "


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli thinks a moment...

Knowledge (Planes/Arcana/Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Of course, it's probably an aberration, in which case I'm no help, regardless of the roll..


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

This is a strange-sounding creature. Even with all of your knowledge of multiple types of monsters, this does not ring a bell.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

... Finally, he shrugs, [b["Can't say it sounds familiar."[/b]


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Von-Dai racks his brain, trying to figure out what the creature could be.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Von-Dai recognizes it as a Sinspawn of wrath vaguely humanshaped monster from ancient Thassilon. Once kept as a living torture instrument, the sinspawn, being immortal, has languished here since the fall of Thassilon. It
has likely long since forgotten its previous life.

Von Knows that sinspawn are Immune mind-affecting effects, have SR, and possess a Sinful Bite (Su).

Quote:
A creature bitten by a sinspawn is overwhelmed with sinful thoughts (DC 12 Will save negates). These emotions are so powerful that the target becomes sickened for 1d6 minutes. An affected target that is bitten a second time is staggered for 1 round if it fails its saving throw. Calm emotions, remove curse, or break enchantment negates the effects of sinful bite. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is a mind-affecting effect.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

I was right!

"The creature is a Sinspawn dedicated to Wrath. Sinspawn were created by the Runelords to be used as living torture instruments. They do not age, and it has likely languished here within the Crow since Earthfall. Each ones bite gives a creature sinful thoughts, of a nature associated with its sin. In this case, I imagine it fills those it bites with feelings of anger and rage. They are immune to magical effects which ensnare the mind, and resistant to spells in general. We should see about finding and studying the creature," Von-Dai explains, voting for moving to where the sinspawn is.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli nods, "Would be interesting to see such a beast. Are they very dangerous? To those of us who aren't mites, that is."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Von would know that you all should quite easily win against the creature.


Female Human Rogue

"Let's go and have a look, if it's in a cage it shouldn't be too much trouble."


|HP: 28/28| AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl), | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Dip:+10, Ha: +10, KnwR: +6 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH ([2]d6) 4/4 | Active conditions:

Natalya nods firmly, and begins swinging her flail slowly in preparation.


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will sneak ahead, looking for traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

As they move forward, Von-Dai thinks over everything he knows of the sinspawn, preparing to finally have a chance to study one.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

As Sevrus sneaks ahead she sees four pale yellow spires that occupy three long cell block corridors extend out from a central guardroom, each hall featuring numerous iron cell doors.

1d20 ⇒ 191d20 ⇒ 91d20 ⇒ 191d20 ⇒ 8

The spiders (DC 6 Nature) don't seem to take notice of Sevurs.

For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you recall another piece of useful information (see Pieces of information).


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

So what is the plan?


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Well, I guess first, what kind of spiders are they?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Giant Crab Spider they are relatively good at hiding, can sense anyone on the ground, and possess a poison that affects a persons strength.


Female Human Rogue

Is it possible for me to sneak round them so I can sneak attack one when the rest of the party come into the room.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

There would not be the cover necessary to get to them. If you get to close they with detect your footfalls. So whats the plan going forward.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai said, "These are giant crab spiders. They are good at hiding, and can feel the vibrations of someone walking across the ground. Their poison weakens muscles, eventually paralyzing prey so they can eat it at their leisure. I don't think we can sneak past them - perhaps it would be better to strike with overwhelming force."


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"While I don't like spiders and all, maybe if we can do something in advance to proof me against poison, I can just take them head on. "


Female Human Rogue

"Likewise, if someone can help me with the poison I'm happy to take the spiders out."


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli shakes his head and says apologeticly, "I didn't prepare such a spell today. I was more concerned with possibly fighting our way through.
"


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Maybe if someone has anti-toxin?"


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

So what is the plan?


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Looks like brute force to me.


Female Human Rogue

Yeah, let's go


|HP: 28/28| AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl), | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Dip:+10, Ha: +10, KnwR: +6 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH ([2]d6) 4/4 | Active conditions:

"Strike hard and quickly, then they won't get a chance to bite." Natalya offers.


Von-Dai shakes his head. "I don't have anything to handle the poison, either. Perhaps we just have to hope we strike quickly enough to kill them before they can bite us."

Hit 'em hard, like an avalanche.


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli nods, "We could start from range, if that would help?"


Female Human Rogue

"That's a good idea."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Initiative:

Marcus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Von-Dai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Darjiah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Sevrus: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Zeltiyeli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Natalya: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Crab Spiders: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The Bold may act.
Darjiah:
Von-Dai:
Zeltiyeli:

--------------------
Crab Spiders:
--------------------
Sevrus:
Natalya:
Marcus:

As Sevrus peeks down the stairs she sees to spiders eating at the body of a donkey rat. She stays just out of the range of their detection.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai casts a spell, reaching forward to touch Natalya. "Now you can walk as the spiders do - this will make it harder for them escape you."

Spider Climb on Natalya. Lasts for half an hour.


|HP: 28/28| AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl), | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Dip:+10, Ha: +10, KnwR: +6 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH ([2]d6) 4/4 | Active conditions:

Natalya nods her thanks and cautiously puts a foot on the wall, when it doesn't fall off she grins and seems prepared to take combat to a whole new level!

Sorry for the pun :)


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Zeltyieli slides the bow from his shoulder and tries to line up a clear shot down the hall, firing at the lead spider.

Composite Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

The spider in front takes an arrow to the thorax but still manages to must a charge at Severus.

Attack Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 ⇒ 1

The fangs are not powerful enough to get through the leather bracer.

The Bold may act.
Darjiah:
Von-Dai:
Zeltiyeli:

--------------------
Crab Spiders: (-5/0/0/0)
--------------------
Sevrus:
Natalya:
Marcus:


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai's staff glows, and it flies forth from his hand at the spider behind the lead one.

Hand of the Apprentice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Avoiding that pesky "firing into melee" penalty by firing at one that's not engaged in melee - my target is the second in line.


|HP: 28/28| AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl), | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Dip:+10, Ha: +10, KnwR: +6 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH ([2]d6) 4/4 | Active conditions:

NAtalya continues up the wall and over Sevrus before striking a massive downwards blow with her flail.

Flail!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Trying to shoot past his team and the other spiders Von misses by a hair.

Natalya manages to strike down and hit with great force killing the spider.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus moves up and lashes up with his whip at a spider.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 damage: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Human Rogue

Swearing, Sevrus attacks with her daggers at the spider in front of her.

dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Sevrus, roll that crit confirm!


Female Human Rogue

crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Marcus slashes open the abdomen of one the spiders. Sevrus moves up and jams to daggers in the wound and the body erupts in a fountain of entrails.

Attack Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 ⇒ 2 Fort DC 14 from Sevrus.
Attack Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 ⇒ 2

The two remaining spiders bite and Sevrus though she has cover from the second one.

The Bold may act.
Darjiah:
Von-Dai:
Zeltiyeli:

--------------------
Crab Spiders: (D/D/0/0)
--------------------
Sevrus:
Natalya:
Marcus:


Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31; AC: 17/13/14; Percep: +12; Init: +3; Fort +6, Ref: +4, Will: +6 [+9 charm; +8 illusions]; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 40)

Daggers are 19-20 -- those were both threats, Sevrus - though of you don't have another target, I guess it doesn't matter.

Zeltyieli raises his bow, aiming carefully to try to avoid his companions, snapping off a shot the moment it seems safe.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Maybe - though maybe not with firing into melee

Plus Critical: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

751 to 800 of 1,168 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GL's Shattered Star. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.