SFS Signal of Screams—Campaign Mode (Inactive)

Game Master KingTreyIII

Seventhday, 2 Kuthona, 318 AG

Maps

Character Profiles

Inventory Tracking


1,851 to 1,900 of 1,937 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Jacob Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39 That…fails. I’m sorry.

The group walks through the streets of Cuvacara in peace until…

vs. Xagyg: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35
P Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) + 10 = 21

BANG

A loud gunshot resonates through the streets! In mere seconds civilians panic and clear out of the streets, leaving the group alone in the streets save for a pair of armored drow, each holding a grenade in their hands as they smile wickedly! And thus ends the surprise round (that admittedly was a bit weird the way it’s written).

Initiative:
Boron: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Jacob: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Volcklon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Xagyg: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Drow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
???: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

No weapons drawn, because I’m assuming you all don’t walk around the marketplace with guns in hand.

Xagyg:
Take 3 more damage.

Perception….None of you can make it. Disregard.:
1d20 + 25 + 10 - 20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 25 + 10 - 20 + 15 = 50

Map Updated Reusing the map of Scuttle’s shop for this one, but that’s not necessarily where you guys are.

Panic in the Streets
Round 1
==================
???
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

Black
White
Volcklon
==================

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Xagyg frowns, draws his gun, and flips it to its 'Stun' setting.


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron hears the gunshot, and thus jogs over to the dark black drow, drawing his bade as he does, and then he swings at it, overcharging the blow--

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Holy, Magic, F, s (Overcharged): 2d8 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 2) + (3, 2) + 15 = 23

Acquisitives

Jacob Andrews, Mystic 9 SP 81 HP 58 RP 12 EAC 24; KAC 25 Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +12

Jacob bodyguard's Xagyg, and activates his personal force shield.

I'm beginning to be aggravated by this nonsense.


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

The two drow look at one another and grin. They chuck their grenades!

White vs Party; don’t roll a 1: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Black vs Boron; don’t roll a 1: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Off-target: 1d8 ⇒ 71d4 ⇒ 4

One lands amid the party, and despite trying to throw it a mere 15’ away, Black manages to throw his grenade far off target! And I think that also provokes from Boron; someone double-check that.

Reflex for Half:
F Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Jacob: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Success
Volcklon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Success
Xagyg to negate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Success

Volckon:
Take 3 more damage.

The drow then reach behind them and pull out massive laser cannons that they wield in both hands!

Panic in the Streets
Round 1/2
==================
???
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

Black (-23)
White
Volcklon
==================


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Ranged attacks provoke, so Boron can choose to make an AoO, which he would

Shaken by Boron's attack, the Drow misses, and then he is attacked in reaction by Boron--

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (7, 3) + 15 = 25

--before Boron calls upon Vroni to track Black, and then he swings his overcharged weapon...

Lava vs. KAC w. Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Holy, Magic, F, s (Overcharged): 2d8 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 3) + (3, 4) + 15 = 30

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Xagyg shrugs, then jump-jets up the wall, before taking a shot at Black.

Trick Shot (auto if CR 13 or less).

Called, Holy, Ghost-Killer S-Band Scorchgun: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27, for 1d10 + 4 + 5d8 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (2, 4, 3, 2, 6) = 26 Fire damage.

It is also flat-footed against this attack, and until the start of my next turn.

Acquisitives

Jacob Andrews, Mystic 9 SP 81 HP 58 RP 12 EAC 24; KAC 25 Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +12

Jacob moves up behind Boron, guarding him and drawing the new shield emitter.

Bodyguard.


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

@GM- What type of grenades were those, I am not able to tell if my DR would apply or not.

"Stop, there are innocents around!" Volcklon is surprised as the grenade explodes in the marketplace.

Hold person on white. DC 19 Will save.

Status:

EAC: 22 KAC: 23 CM: 31
Stamina: 51/54 | HP: 42/49 | Resolve: 7/12 | DR/6 Kinetic
Spells Used:
(1) 6/7
(2) 2/6
(3) 0/4
Ghost Killer Immolation Flame Spinner 14/20
Arc Pistol Battery 14/20 | 20/20
Trampling Boots 0/1
Wyrmling Dragon Gland 1/1
Force Bolt 0/1
Alternate Outcome 1/1


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

The spoiler said “F Damage,” Volcklon. Also, and I should’ve made this a bit clearer, the building on the map is well over a hundred feet tall, so Xagyg couldn’t jump jet on top of it (by that same coin Black’s grenade couldn’t have moved through the building, but meh, I’m too lazy to do a retcon). Moved Xagyg’s token to a more appropriate spot.

Volcklon SR check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Fail

The drow grin as they flip a switch on their lasers, the audible sound of them warming up filling the alleyway. The heavy weapons send out a barrage of laser shots—some hitting civilians who are still running away from the scene—as their wielders laugh maniacally at the carnage! Black provokes from Boron.

Black Automatic:
F Damage: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 12 = 25

vs Boron EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 20 - 4 = 36 Can’t crit when using automatic.

vs Jacob EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 20 - 4 = 27

vs Xagyg EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 20 - 4 = 17

vs Volcklon EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 20 - 4 = 32

The other drow turns heel and similarly lets loose a barrage straight toward the building! Volcklon is safe from this drow’s automatic attack.

White Automatic:
F Damage: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 12 = 22

vs Boron EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 20 - 4 = 19

vs Jacob EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 20 - 4 = 20

vs Xagyg EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 20 - 4 = 20

Delaying Volcklon for my own convenience:

BANG

vs Xagyg: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
P Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3, 6) + 10 = 22
Xagyg Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Success

Perception 37:
Stealth: 1d20 + 25 - 20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 25 - 20 + 15 = 37

On a balcony of the building, 150’ off the ground, is the faint outline of a person looking over the edge with a gun in their hands—a sniper!

Volcklon:
Take 3 more damage.

Xagyg:
Take 3 more damage.

Panic in the Streets
Round 3
==================
???
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

Black (-74)
White
==================


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Black's laser barrage hits Boron as the Dwarf lashes out at the shooter--
Lava vs. KAC w. Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (4, 2) + 15 = 21

--and then Boron decides not to Overcharge but to keep on swinging and try to bring the Drown down faster, so he slashes left--
Lava vs. KAC w. Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 4 = 16
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 5) + 15 = 21

--and right!
Lava vs. KAC w. Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 4 = 29
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6) + 15 = 23

Boron took 25 damage

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39.

Xagyg frowns, then frantically sends to his allies...

There - that balcony 150' up; that is where the sniper is!

He then tries to help bring Black down!

Trick Shot (auto if CR 13 or less).

Called, Holy, Ghost-Killer S-Band Scorchgun: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27, for 1d10 + 4 + 5d8 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (3, 2, 2, 2, 3) = 22 Fire damage.

It is also flat-footed against this attack, and until the start of my next turn.

EDIT: Of course, if Boron has taken Black down, I am more than happy to target the sniper!


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Boron slices and dices into the drow and Xagyg burns into the dark elf’s skin! But the armored madman spits out a blood-coated tooth and snarls!

Panic in the Streets
Round 3
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob
Black (-140)
White
==================


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Feeling his spell get brushed aside Volcklon pushes harder into the drow's mind.Gritting his teeth tight he groans through them. "I said stop..."

Volcklon SR check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Hold person on white. DC 19 Will save.

Status:

EAC: 22 KAC: 23 CM: 31
Stamina: 51/54 | HP: 42/49 | Resolve: 7/12 | DR/6 Kinetic
Spells Used:
(1) 6/7
(2) 1/6
(3) 0/4
Ghost Killer Immolation Flame Spinner 14/20
Arc Pistol Battery 14/20 | 20/20
Trampling Boots 0/1
Wyrmling Dragon Gland 1/1
Force Bolt 0/1
Alternate Outcome 1/1

Acquisitives

Jacob Andrews, Mystic 9 SP 81 HP 58 RP 12 EAC 24; KAC 25 Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +12

Jacob growls.

I can't get a sniper! Inspector, you've got the best shot to get over there! We'll handle these!

He holds out his hand at black, pushing forth a bit of his power...

MIND THRUST!: 4d10 ⇒ (9, 4, 5, 7) = 25Will 18 Half


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

The result of Black’s save is irrelevant.

The black-skinned drow is knocked onto the ground, twitching in pain.

White Will: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17

The white-skinned drow freezes in place under Volcklon’s influence.

White Will: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24

The sniper likewise reloads their gun.

Panic in the Streets
Round 4
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

White
==================

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Xagyg calmly reloads his weapon.


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron takes a carefully guarded step over to White-Drow and swings an overcharged Lava at him--

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Holy, Magic, F, s (Overcharged): 2d8 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4) + (6, 3) + 15 = 31
CRIT Holy, Magic, F, s (Overcharged): 2d8 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 2) + (1, 3) + 15 = 27
Wound: 1d20 ⇒ 2 = Bleed 1d6
58 dam' (+1d6 Bleed)

--and slashes deep into the enemy's chest!


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Boron. He is helpless. I have him held. Just finish him quickly and let's find whoever is firing at us." Volcklon suggests as he descends on the held drow, drawing his blade.

Next round will Coup de Grace the white drow. Will post damage and DC below so as not to wait on me as it is a full action.

Coup de Grace:

Crit Damage: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 8) + 4 = 22 DC 19 Fort save or die

Volcklon feels a glee at killing the helpless drow. Something he shouldn't feel but yet he does. A smile creeps across his face beneath the mask as his hands shake with anticipation.


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Um...Volcklon...It made its subsequent will save against hold person...


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron glances at Volcklon, and shudders: "We are starting to lose it, like on the resort station... imagining things!"


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Ah thanks, didn't realize that was what that second roll was for.

Volcklon shakes his head. "This madness is playing tricks on my mind." he swings his blade at the drow. He was having a bit of difficulty seemingly telling reality from fantasy apart.

ghost killer wrack devastation blade: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 8) + 2 = 15

Acquisitives

Jacob Andrews, Mystic 9 SP 81 HP 58 RP 12 EAC 24; KAC 25 Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +12

Jacob turns towards white.

MIND CRUSH!

MIND CRUSH!: 4d10 ⇒ (5, 4, 8, 1) = 18Will 18 for half


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

White Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 2

White Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

White is slashed into by Boron, dark ichor oozing out. He dodges out of the way of Volcklon’s sword and is accosted by Jacob’s psychic dissonance, but is still standing. The drow steps back and ejects a battery from his laser and inserts another one.

The sniper takes aim down from the balcony and pulls the trigger!

Sniper vs Xagyg: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
P Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) + 10 = 20
Xagyg Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Success

Xagyg:
Take 3 more damage.

Panic in the Streets
Round 5
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

White (-68) {Bleed 1d6}
==================

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

His weapon vibrating with renewed power, Xagyg takes a shot at White.

Trick Shot (auto if CR 13 or less).

Called, Holy, Ghost-Killer S-Band Scorchgun: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15, for 1d10 + 4 + 5d8 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (3, 3, 4, 8, 2) = 29 Fire damage.

It is also flat-footed against this attack, and until the start of my next turn.

...or not, as the case may be.


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

As the White drow steps into the dark void, Boron takes a carefully guarded step after it, swinging an overcharged Lava at it.

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Holy, Magic, F, s (Overcharged): 2d8 + 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 5) + (6, 6) + 15 = 35


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Volcklon continues to be unnerved by his memories and emotions that caused him glee with the killing of this drow. Shame and hatred of his actions rush through him, causing him to hold back a small bit.

ghost killer wrack devastation blade: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 2 = 8


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

You didn’t move your token, Volcklon—I did so for you.

Botting Jacob:

Mind Thrust: 4d10 ⇒ (4, 8, 10, 1) = 23

White Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The drow deftly dodges out of the way of all attacks set upon him, but is taken over by a wave of mental anguish!

White Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Despite the dark elf’s bleeding chest, he flips a switch on his massive laser gun. With a massive grin of murderous intent on his face, the drow lets loose a barrage of laser shots upon the group! Provokes from Boron and Volcklon.

White Automatic:
F Damage: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 2, 7) + 12 = 24

vs Boron EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 20 - 4 = 17

vs Volcklon EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 20 - 4 = 27

vs Jacob EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 20 - 4 = 24

vs Xagyg EAC: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 20 - 4 = 36 Can’t crit in automatic.

Volcklon:
Take 3 more damage.

Xagyg:
Take 3 more damage.

The sniper reloads their gun.

Panic in the Streets
Round 6
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

White (-97) {Bleed 1d6}
==================

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Xagyg calmly takes another shot at the Drow.

Trick Shot (auto if CR 13 or less).

Called, Holy, Ghost-Killer S-Band Scorchgun: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21, for 1d10 + 4 + 5d8 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (5, 7, 3, 8, 5) = 36 Fire damage.

It is also flat-footed against this attack, and until the start of my next turn.


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron lashes out--

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3) + 15 = 19

--and manages to avoid having bullets pierce his armor.

Then he swings twice--

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 4 = 12
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (8, 8) + 15 = 31

Lava vs. KAC: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 4 = 30
Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 8) + 15 = 24
Crit Holy, Magic, F, s: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (1, 8) + 15 = 24
Crit: 1d20 ⇒ 11
48 damage + Reflex save to avoid (?) or Lost eye, –2 Perception
(sorry can't remember my DC, is it 10+lvl+STR? = 26

--jamming his blade in the Drow's eye!


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Boron jams his blade straight into the drow’s eye socket, pushing it through the man’s skull and sending him straight to the ground, dead.

Panic in the Streets
Round 6
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob
==================


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

With the drow dead Volcklon ducks behind the wall. "Where is that shooter at? Is there a way inside?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Volcklon takes cover, but sees neither a sniper nor an apparent entrance from his current position.

Panic in the Streets
Round 6
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob
==================


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Botting Jacob:

Jacob steps over and full defenses, Bodyguarding Xagyg.

BANG

Sniper vs Xagyg: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
P Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) + 10 = 23
Xagyg Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The sniper’s shot rings out and strikes Xagyg in the shoulder!

Xagyg:
Take 3 more damage. You’re staggered for 1 round.

Panic in the Streets
Round 7
==================
Sniper
Volcklon
Boron
Xagyg
Jacob

==================

Acquisitives

Jacob Andrews, Mystic 9 SP 81 HP 58 RP 12 EAC 24; KAC 25 Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +12

Jacob fowns and stands in front of the inspector, guarding him.

I'm not sure how handle this...


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron starts looking over the two downed Drows, to grab anything important they might have - communicators, orders etc. - though he does not expect much.

"Let's handle this by just speeding away from here now.
Leave that sniper behind.
He'll either stop, follow us, or come at us again, but we have people coming at us all the time, so that won't change anything."


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Grabbing what he can Volkclon follows Boron. "Let's get outta here."

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

"Boron? Don't you have a jetpack?"


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

"Yes, but I have no idea of where that guy or gal', or robot, or sentient, or non-sentient... is.
And my old dwarven eyes are tired from cigar smoke and mining dust, and I might not be able to ever spot him with his fancy stealth cloak and all."

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

"Umm... I know precisely which balcony they are firing from. It's that one", he says, pointing.


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Boron Perception: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 4 = 24

Boron still sees no sniper.

EDIT: And according to the inventory sheet, Volcklon also has a jetpack.


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron will switch on his force field (+12 temp HP) and power up his jet pack.
A shimmering aura of energy surrounds him, and cold blue flames come out the back of his armor.
(round 1)

And then start jetting up to the balcony Xagyg pointed out--
30 feet / move action, so 60 ft. per full round


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Meanwhile, what does everyone else do?

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Start taking pot-shots, I guess, once I am no longer staggered?

Acquisitives

Jacob Andrews, Mystic 9 SP 81 HP 58 RP 12 EAC 24; KAC 25 Fort +5; Ref +8; Will +12

Stand around and bodyguard? It's what I do... though, getting under cover from that direction would probably be nice.


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Seeing Boron take off Volcklon taps his hand against the switch on his armor. His jetpack powers on, rumbling behind him as he takes to the air following the trail of cigar smoke.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


| Moonscar | Strange Aeons |

Remember that going up effectively costs double movement. The sniper reloads their gun.

Panic in the Streets
Round 8
==================
Sniper (150’ above ground)
Volcklon (30’ above ground)
Boron (30’ above ground)
Xagyg
Jacob

==================


N Male Dwarf | Mechanic (Exocortex) lvl 9 | (DR 6/-) 0/72 SP |28/60 HP | 4/7 RP | Init +1 | Perc +19 | SM +8 & +2 | EAC 23 | KAC 25 | Move: 40 ft | +1 disease & mind-affecting, +2 spells & SLAs, +2 fear, +3 poison | F +8 | R +7 | W +5 | Auto detect traps/hidden doors in stone w. +2

Boron will keep on smiling while flying up, trying to pull out and light a cigar as he goes.

sorry, forgot the going up part

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Operative (Detective) 9 | DR 6/- | 0/72 SP |37/42 HP | 4/10 RP | Init +13 | Perc +19 | SM +19 | EAC 22 | KAC 22 | CMD 30 | Move: 50 ft | F +5 | R +12 | W +10, +2 more Vs. Fear |

Xagyg calmly lines up a shot on the sniper.

Trick Shot (auto if CR 13 or less).

Called, Holy, Ghost-Killer S-Band Scorchgun: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28, for 1d10 + 4 + 5d8 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (1, 8, 6, 1, 2) = 28 Fire damage.

It is also flat-footed against this attack, and until the start of my next turn.


Witchwyrd Witch Warper 10| SP 70/70; HP 54/54 | RP 13/13 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Volcklon continues to follow, the vertical movement slowing his jetpack's progress, though at least he hopes they are gaining ground on the sniper. "Do you see him Boron?" Volkclon calls out.

Double move.

1,851 to 1,900 of 1,937 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SFS Signal of Screams—Campaign Mode All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.