[SFS/Shifty] #1-14 Star Sugar Heart Love (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps and handouts


1 to 50 of 214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Gameplay thread, please dot in.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

A very girly girl arrives, dressed as a fan-dancer and wearing her Strawberry Machine Cake get-up.

"You know I was a dancer for them, like, before they got so famous?" she gushes.

Looking around he adds "Hi! I'm Gunnz... and I'll be your pilot. Or dancer... or... well whatever. This is going to be So Much Fun!"


Rainbow-coloured lights dance around the glittering asteroid-temple known as Songbird Station, one of the premier performing arts centres in the Pact Worlds. Zigvigix nearly presses their eyes against the starship’s viewscreen as they watch the station come closer, their antennae vibrating with visible excitement. “Look! There it is!” Zigvigix’s telepathic voice exclaims with a high-pitched psychic punctuation that resembles a mental squeal. “I’m so happy that all of you were able to come! I know this was short notice and that everyone has been so very busy lately.” The last remark seems sincerely directed toward the other occupant, the android Historia-7. After a long moment, Historia-7 nods in acknowledgement of Zigvigix’s words.

“When my friends were trapped in the Scoured Stars, all I had left were these tickets to remind me of what I and the Starfinder Society lost,” the shirren continues, clasping their hands together to keep them from shaking. “It means so much to me that those seats didn’t stay empty. I can’t think of a better memorial for my loyal comrades than to attend this concert with new friends and new Starfinders, to show everyone what the Society has gained!"

“Wow! I hope that didn’t make everything awkward! Don’t worry, you haven’t replaced anyone!” Zigvigix reveals a set of palm-sized discs, which activate to create 3D images of a diverse group of Starfinder agents. “It’s the best I can do for them now, but we’ll all watch the concert together, just like we planned. Afterward, I’m going to take them to meet the band. Strawberry Machine Cake always sends holoavatars out to interview some of their fans after their concerts, and they post all of the most interesting pictures and stories on their band page! If I asked, I’m sure they’d offer a shout-out to my missing friends... and to the Starfinder Society as a whole, to let everyone know we’re still here!” They look to the screen. “Oh, it looks like it’s our turn to dock. I should get back to the comm.”

Zigvigix steps out to pilot the shuttle, leaving you all alone with Historia-7. The android waits
just long enough to make a sudden segue into a different topic appropriate, then addresses the group.

“Starfinders,” Historia-7 says, without preamble. “I understand most of you are here for the revelry of the concert, but I must confess that it was not my motive for joining you and Zigvigix. There is a person of interest on Songbird Station, a human man named Hira Lanzio, whom I believe to be connected to a conspiracy involving the Scoured Stars. I require a group of Starfinders to briefly detain Hira Lanzio so that I can conduct an interrogation on this matter. I hope that you might be amenable to helping me with this task. So long as this mission is carried out cleanly and with precision, I do not foresee this interfering with your presence at the actual
concert. It would also be efficient if Zigvigix remains unaware of this secondary objective—there’s no reason to ruin their much needed relaxation time.”

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"I, for one, came here only with the intention to enjoy the delightful, catchy melodies and revered stage showcraft of the Strawberry Machine Cake," Aegis-9 says in earnest, "and to spend some time with my dear comrade, Gunnz, who I have rarely had an opportunity to see since that unfortunate incident aboard a kasathan vessel.".

The imposing android pauses contemplatively for a moment before continuing. "However, if there is a chance to expose foul conspirators and plumb the mysteries surrounding the Scoured Stars Incident, then know that I, Aegis-9, Defender of the Pact Worlds and member of the Exo-Guardians, stand at the ready to provide assistance."

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn shudders, wondering how she got roped into this. After that time she impersonated a Strawberry Machine Cake member and ended up getting caught in a stampede of fans, seeing a concert live was not on her mind. But Zigvigix and Historia-7 insisted they "owed her one" so here she is.

"Pleasure to see you all again, or meet you for the first time." Fresh off a mnemonic editor, she's still not quite got her bearings straight. "Anyone here ever tried one of those mnemonic editors? It's a surreal experience, but kinda great that you can be whoever you want!" Telwyn retrained from the spy theme to the awesomer gadgeteer from armory.

At least it sounds like there is some important work to be done as well. Maybe this won't bo so bad, as long as I don't end up trampled by tweens again...

But she also recalls Historia-7 has a secret weakness for the band and decides to tease the android. "Oh come on now, Historia-7, we all know that you wouldn't miss this concert for the system! We'll try and take care of this interrogation efficiently to minimize distracting you from the show!"

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz almost hops up and down with excitement. "oohh a mission." she slaps Aegis-9 on the back. Then shakes her hand in mock pain.
"And with you to look after us, I'm sure we'll be fine." She turns to Historia-7. "What more can you tell us about Hira? Are they here for the concert too? What type of being are they?"

She pulls out a copy of "Star Sugar Heartlove" and muses "Do you think they might sign this for me?"

Then with a final gush at Telwyn she adds "I've never tried one. Can't think of any memories I'd like to trade out..." A dark look crosses her face for a moment. "Although maybe there are bits of that kasathan ship that I'd just as soon forget. I didn't think we were going to get out of there in one piece. But I'm not sure I want folk messing round with my brain."

She offers a girlish giggle. "So, Aegis, what else you been up to recently?"


Gunnz wrote:
"What more can you tell us about Hira? Are they here for the concert too? What type of being are they?"

“I expect he is a human. Ever since the events of the Scoured Stars, I have researched several information anomalies that I believe to be connected to a conspiracy surrounding the event. Specifically, an unknown person or organization withheld crucial data involving the Scoured Stars and later destroyed information related to the event. The Dataphiles were fortuitous enough to gain access to restricted documents from several corporations that confirmed my suspicions."

"The Starfinder Society was able to infiltrate one such organization and retrieve further information. As I suspected, the company is a front, existing solely to offer a pretense for secretive meetings of unknown purpose. My conclusion is that the people attending these meetings are part of a conspiracy, and their conspiracy has somehow involved tampering not only with the Starfinder database but possibly with our operations. The data provided to me has allowed me to identify only one attendee of these meetings: Hira Lanzio. Mr. Lanzio is commonly surrounded by multiple high-class security details, but since he would be unable to buy enough tickets for all of his bodyguards, this concert will be a rare opportunity to reach Mr. Lanzio without his usual security force.”

Telwyn wrote:
"We'll try and take care of this interrogation efficiently to minimize distracting you from the show!"

"Good. I will assist you from my remote computer station as required. Please contact me with your comm units if you discover anything of importance or apprehend Mr. Lanzio.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

NG Male Half-Orc Solarian Tempered Pilgrim 4|SP:32/32 HP:23/34 RP:3/4|EAC 16 KAC 18 CMD 26| Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +4 |Perc +0|init +0|Speed 35ft|
skills:
acrobatics+3, athletics+7, bluff+10, diplomacy+9, disguise+3, intimidate+3, mysticism+7, stealth-2

Chuck listened quietly as the others seemed to all be familiar with each other. They had probably all known each other and trained with each other and stood next to each other at commencement. Meanwhile I didn't even have a commencement the half-orc thought to himself.I'll just have to use that same charm that kept me alive so long on apostae, and the same charm that got me a field commission from that android.

"Hey. Call me Chuck. Came Straight from Apostae, Was liberated along with some weapons apparently. They offered me some but when I showed them my light hammer they told me I was some kind solar arian or something like that. I don't know what that means but I like the way it sounds so here I am." he goes on, looking at Historia-7 " So you want us to "detain" him so you can "interrogate" him? I was told the Starfinder Society would be different from the Drow clans... He says visibly disappointed that this was not the pleasure assignment he thought it was. "Now I know why you brought the half orc. It's not a free trip to a concert its an extraction. Well at least I should do well on my first mission right everyone?" he asks with a toothy smile.

"And what do you mean usual security force? thats a term I'm actually familiar with so what can we expect on a night like tonight? are we gonna grab him when he's taking a piss or will we actually have to rout some toughs?"

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz looks both excited and concerned. "I think we are going to need some more details. How are we to find this Hira? Looking for a random - possibly human person in among one of the largest pop-concerns of the year is like the old finding a lost bit in a Peta-byte data stream."

She nods in agreement with Chuck. "How many of his security force do you expect us to have to face, and what are they normally armed with? Once we (somehow) locate Hira... do we have somewhere to stash him? And do you have any non lethal weapons lined up for the job?"

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn taps the static arc pistol at her hip. "This boy's been exactly as non-lethal - or not non-lethal - as I've ever needed him to be."


"Chuck the half orc & Gunnz wrote:

"And what do you mean usual security force? thats a term I'm actually familiar with so what can we expect on a night like tonight? are we gonna grab him when he's taking a piss or will we actually have to rout some toughs?"

"Normally, the usual large number of toughs and muscle you'd expect for a well-connected businessperson engaging in nefarious activities, but due to the concert the only access to Songbird for 'non-locals' is for ticketholders, and tickets are hard to come by"

"I am unaware of his exact location on Songbird Station. You will likely have to discover that information by consulting with other people and any other means of investigating that you deem appropriate. When you find him learn what information you can about his activities and about any other members that are involved in his secretive meetings. If possible, search for any evidence you can find of a connection to the Scoured Stars incident. If you find enough evidence or find a means to detain and interrogate him, I will be able to investigate further into the conspiracy surrounding the Starfinder Society.”

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Are we likely to be searched for drugs? What is the station policy on them?" asks the chirpy lass.

"[b]I'm thinking if he was suddenly 'taken sick' and then whisked back to our star-ship - that would solve most of our problems in short order.


"No particular reason you'd be searched, the laws are otherwise as we would expect them to be in the Pact worlds."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Gunnz wrote:
She offers a girlish giggle. "So, Aegis, what else you been up to recently?"

"I have made new allies on a planet once devastated by nuclear war and uncovered a mystery regarding an outpost that was abandoned centuries ago." Aegis-9 states with no hint of pride. "Yet, before receiving tickets to this event, I spent a considerable amount of time, simply dreaming of the future.

Chuck the half orc wrote:
"Hey. Call me Chuck."

"Greetings, Chuck." the android says with a firm and polite tone. "Though this may be your first mission, do not underestimate your value to our team. Indeed, there has been a 'first mission' for each one of us." Aegis-9 notes, indicating to himself and his fellow agents. "You would have not been selected for this task if the Venture Agents did not think you to be quite capable."

Gunnz wrote:
Gunnz looks both excited and concerned. "I think we are going to need some more details. How are we to find this Hira? Looking for a random - possibly human person in among one of the largest pop-concerns of the year is like the old finding a lost bit in a Peta-byte data stream."

"The description, 'mega-sugar-pop sensation', is not one that I would bandy about lightly." the android notes in all seriousness. "Nevertheless, it serves as a most apt description for the Strawberry Machine Cake."

Aegis-9 pauses for a moment, as if to allow the gravity of this assessment to settle in. "If we are to locate our quarry unassisted, it will not be easy."

Then, after a few moments of contemplation, he suggests, "Perhaps, we could inquire with the box office to see if they have information regarding the identities of ticket holders. The stadium will, no doubt, be difficult to navigate. Yet, if his seating area and seat number can be ascertained, our task will be made all the easier."

Telwyn wrote:
Telwyn taps the static arc pistol at her hip. "This boy's been exactly as non-lethal - or not non-lethal - as I've ever needed him to be."

"I do not believe that lethal force will either be necessary or prudent." the Exo-Guardian advises. "Furthermore, we would not wish to bring ill-press to the good-name of the Strawberry Machine Cake. A concert such as this is a wholesome event, offering entertainment, fun, and enjoyment for beings of all ages. We should endeavor to keep it so."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Gunnz wrote:
"Are we likely to be searched for drugs? What is the station policy on them?" asks the chirpy lass.

"I am certain that concert security will do all within their power to ensure the safety of the concert attendees. Yet, I cannot imagine that any-being would stoop to bringing drugs to any sort of musical event." Aegis-9 notes, apparently finding the idea of any association between rock music and the use of drugs to be nearly unthinkable.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz slaps Aegis-9 on the back again.

"I was thinking about us you old rust-bucket! The crowd will be tight, so a little contact drug used on him might do the trick. "

She continues to think out loud.
"Of course in the concern itself there will be some crowd medics, so we shouldnt' do it there, but the halls leading in and out will be very crowded as well..."

She hmmms for a moment.

"Or maybe we could fake an invitation to the holo-interview? Anyways, our first problem is finding him. Anyone good with computers?"

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Aegis-9 begins to nod when Gunnz offers her explanation. His facial actuators feel as though they are going flush with fluid, when he realizes that he inadvertently suggested that his companion, a veteran of the music business, would have anything to do with the use of narcotics.

When the ace pilot asks about computers, the android responds, "My computer skills are... adequate, but I would be honored to offer my assistance."

Computers (Aid Another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3
Aegis-9 said wrote:
I cannot imagine that any-being would stoop to bringing drugs to any sort of musical event.

Telwyn rolls her eyes at the apparently naive android's remark. "Yes, who indeed would ever think to use anything mind-altering to watch such a spectacle of intense light and sound..."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Her sarcasm comes through drippingly.

---

When the others start their plan to fake an invitation, Telwyn offers to run the computer check. She's not unused to this kind of thing. "Thanks Aegis-9, I can take point on this. What did you have in mind Gunnz? Make up a fake holovid and try to figure out how to send it to Hira? Any chance they are broadcasting prizes over the public jumbo-holotron?"

"In a previous life I managed to make up a passable physical disguise of one of those strawberry things. After the editor, I don't think I could pull that off as well, but I'm embarrasingly familiar with the details needed to sell the hologram..."

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Telwyn wrote:
"In a previous life I managed to make up a passable physical disguise of one of those strawberry things. After the editor, I don't think I could pull that off as well, but I'm embarrasingly familiar with the details needed to sell the hologram..."

If Aegis-9 is aware of the lashunta's sarcasm, his reaction does not reveal it. However, when Telwyn recalls the affects of her recent upgrade, the android quietly says to Gunnz, "It would seem that she can't have her Machine Cake... and edit, too."

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"I was thinking first about finding out the ticket number for our quarry. Then at the very least we can lay some eyes on him and see who it is. A picture or two might help complete our esteemed VC's database as well. suggests Gunz to Telwyn.

She then cracks up at Aegis whispers to her. "Witty my friend. Very witty. Let us see if that wit can get us into those computers."

computers+aid: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28 Basically to get into the ticket system and find out about Hira

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

NG Male Half-Orc Solarian Tempered Pilgrim 4|SP:32/32 HP:23/34 RP:3/4|EAC 16 KAC 18 CMD 26| Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +4 |Perc +0|init +0|Speed 35ft|
skills:
acrobatics+3, athletics+7, bluff+10, diplomacy+9, disguise+3, intimidate+3, mysticism+7, stealth-2

"Computers aint my thing. So I'll steer clear of that. Concerts and the possible mind altering substances though? unfortunately i've had some experience in that arena. Worked security for a Drow noble who went to an Abysshead mega show a few cycles back. When abysshead was over an hour late on stage they thought it would be funny to spike my drink with some flayleaf oil. Oh boy was that a terrifying night. you ever seen the costumes Abysshead wears? ya well they're 10 times scarrying when you are tripping on that "flay flay" as the young drow call it." Chuck says.

"If we can figure out what section this guys tickets are in we might be able to get a copy of the stadiums blueprints and devise and extraction." he offers.


Strawberry Machine Cake
Culture (Recall knowledge) or Diplomacy (Gather information)

10+:

Strawberry Machine Cake is a holoavatar sugar-pop band that has recently exploded in popularity across the Pact Worlds and beyond. Tickets to their Songbird Station concert have been a hotly sought-after commodity, to the point that several high profile cases of ticket theft, fraud, and scalping have been in the news in recent weeks.

15+:

The band recently installed a high-powered force shield to keep over-enthusiastic crowds off the stage, after the band’s manager was nearly trampled by fans attempting to reach the band during a station layover.

20+:

The band’s holoavatar projector is rumored to be one of the most sophisticated in both the Pact Worlds and Veskarium, routinely accomplishing feats that many would have considered impossible with current hologram technology. The band has a staggering amount of legal protections in place to keep anyone from accessing or studying their equipment, leaving their performance secrets a mystery.

Gunnz finds that the ticket system is heavily protected and well encrypted - but nothing on Lanzio in the system. The tickets could have been bought by someone else or, or even a business.

With the ship docked in the station, you exit into the chaos of the port and push through the crowds. A sea of pink and red fills the theatre lobby of Songbird Station as fans of all shapes and sizes loudly cheer and wave handmade signs above their heads. Bright-pink spotlights illuminate the gigantic posters of the band members that plaster the walls, and upbeat music blasts from speakers on the ceiling.

Over to you :)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
GI: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Well, I'm sure you have all heard of Strawberry Machine Cake. They are a holoavatar sugar-pop band that has recently exploded in
popularity across the Pact Worlds and beyond. Tickets to their Songbird Station concert have been a hotly sought-after commodity, to the point that several high profile cases of ticket theft, fraud, and scalping have been in the news in recent weeks.
"

"Back when I danced for them, the crowds were not too big. But I heard that they recently installed a high-powered force shield to keep over-enthusiastic crowds off the stage."

She stifles a giggle. "The band’s manager was nearly trampled by fans attempting to reach the band during a station layover. "

She sighs. "No sign of Hira in the ticket system. It was always a long shot. I guess we have to just keep our eyes open."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Indeed," Aegis-9 continues, "the Strawberry Machine Cake's holoavatar projector is rumored to be one of the most sophisticated in both the Pact Worlds and Veskarium. It is said to routinely accomplish feats that many would have considered impossible with current hologram technology."

"As one would expect of true, career show-beings like them," he continues, a tone of excitement evident within his voice actuators, "the band has a staggering amount of formidable, yet no doubt reasonable and necessary, legal protections in place to keep anyone from accessing or studying their equipment. Accordingly, the secrets of the band's stunning performances remain a delightful and intriguing mystery."

The android pauses for a moment, then concedes, "I am a bit of a fan."

Among the throngs of fans, Aegis-9 attempts to scan any persons that match the Hira's description with his visual receptors.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn watches the excited crowds and shivers a bit. "Ugh... Cakies... I can relate to that poor manager - these people are nuts..." She gives a sideways glance at her dancer and admitted fan companions. "Well some of them anyway - not ALL obviously!"

In light of Aegis's recollections about the holoavatars, Telwyn tries to consider some options. "It sounds like hacking would be quite a feat - probably too much for us. Either way, finding Hira is the first step no matter what we do. In my experience - I mean from what I've read - if you are trying to find a secret, there's usually someone crooked enough to already know..."

Can Telwyn use Profession (Con Artist) to try and spot or find someone like a shady ticket scalper who might know the ins and outs of VIPs who might have been looking into larger ticket blocks for something like a partial security detail?

If so...:
Profession(Con Artist): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

NG Male Half-Orc Solarian Tempered Pilgrim 4|SP:32/32 HP:23/34 RP:3/4|EAC 16 KAC 18 CMD 26| Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +4 |Perc +0|init +0|Speed 35ft|
skills:
acrobatics+3, athletics+7, bluff+10, diplomacy+9, disguise+3, intimidate+3, mysticism+7, stealth-2

Diplomancy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"Huh interesting. It looks like they use the same strength forcefield that Abysshead uses. For very different reasons." he comments.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

and apparently the forcefield news is just interesting for him to notice much else.

EDIT:

Diplomancy to gather info about Lanzio: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Chuck stands in the Hallway asking anyone if they've seen his friend Lanzio.


You can also Gather info/Diplomacy to ask around on the station for Lanzio

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"May I suggest that we make inquiry here at the station regarding Hira's whereabouts?" Aegis-9 suggests. "Though we would do well to make some effort to avoid advertising our identities as Starfinders."

He makes a few alterations to his clothing and picks up a pair of discarded spectacles that he has found on the floor in an effort to create a rudimentary disguise. Disguise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

" Please, let this work." he mutters.

Then, he begins making inquiry among the patrons at Songbird Station. "I am searching for one, Hira Lanzio. I am told that he may be here."

Diplomacy w/Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (2) = 12

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn wanders the crowds, looking for anyone with a handful of bodyguard-looking types, and asking around about Hira.

Diplomacy to GI: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


You are pretty sure you are keeping a fairly low profile, which seems a lot easier given the vast number of people of all descriptions all being wedged into such a chaotic and loud environment. The lighting is terrible, the noises are loud, and it's difficult for people to pay attention - all factors that work in your favour.

Asking around and using your street smarts, observation skills, and business acumen - you discovers that most of the crowd has never heard of 'some guy called Lanzio', but they suggest you try one of the business executives staying around the housing area on one side of the station, or try one of the Station Officials over near engineering on the other side of the station. "Or there was a small army of Skittermanders over near Engineering, you could ask them, they LOOOOVE 'Helping' people" suggests one joker, drawing a chuckle from his friends.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

How long do we have before the concert? And how big is the station? Is it like one big performance arena?

"Well.. He is a businessman, so let's try asking in the business lounges?" suggests Gunnz.

Still in full-fan-gear get-up she leads the way to the business housing and starts asking around.

diplomacy(GI)(aid): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

And here, maybe her appearance will be more important

disguise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


The station is quite large, featuring the spaceport, a mega-stadium, a residential/accommodation sector, an engineering and industrial sector, and the general large 'lobby' area for people to hang out and buy merch, food, and other items from a vast legion of vendors

Gunnz helps plot a way through the crowd, heading towards the residential sector, mostly aimed at a wealthier/corporate customer.

She spots and avoids tripping over a small robot that is lying face down on the floor. This limbless teleconference robot is painted red and has a large datapad for a “face,” allowing the screen to display a person on the other end of a data connection. Its main drive wheel spins ineffectually whilst a crowd watches on with indifference.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Aww.. poor thing." says the TotalFanGrrl (tm).

She leans over and picks up the robot, putting it back on its drive wheel again. As she does so, she cannot help but wonder who the last person to use the robot was... and who they were talking to.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"Lets see if the little guy got any damage or just face planted in the crown..."

Telwyn checks the robot out for any mechanical problems.
Engineering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


As the screen comes up off the floor you can see a Yskoki in a suit pressing its face up to the camera trying to see - it seems that the video conference is still running - "HEY! HEY! Thanks!" she squeaks.

She introduces herself as Diwata, and starts panning the robot around, checking the controls still work "I applied for time off for the concert months in advance, but my company cancelled my planned vacation on a whim. Despite the fact that I could no longer make it to the performance in person, I was determined to see it live, come hell or high water. Unfortunately, this teleconference robot is not very stable and keeps getting knocked down by the crowd."

Telwyn can see the problem with the settings on the robot and easily corrects them, making the robot significantly more stable - as he does so the crowd starts egging him on to also add spring feet so the robot can jump up and down during the concert. Diwata is enthusiastic about this suggestion!

Telwyn reckons it could be achieved, or just adjust the suspension to achieve the effect

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Assuming Aegis-9 is present...

"Tell me," Aegis-9 inquires, "by any chance has this robot been recording as the crowds have been passing by? If so, we would like an opportunity to skim through some of the footage."

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn laughs at the suggestions to upgrade this cambot. She *ahem* offers to do it if Diwata shares as Aegis-9 requests. "Yeah we're looking for a friend. If you give us access to see your footage I'll totally gadget you up. Spring feet. Lighter holder/waver. And even an auto-gyro-stabilizer lever to get you on your feet if you topple again or jump too excitedly. Open to more suggestions..."

Engineering if Diwata agrees:
Engineering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Shoulda attacked something...


"Sure I can give you some footage, I've been streaming for the last couple of hours from back here in the office, who's your buddy? Anything distinguishing?" She starts flitting uploading the feed from her server "yeah fixing that bot would be amazing"


/poke :p

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz pulls the robot off to a quiet corner, where they are out of the way and less likely to be heard.

"Well, we're trying to find Hira Lanzio..." she starts.

"Maybe you have heard of them?"


"Lanzio? Yeah I know Lanzio, his security consulting is some of the best, I wanted to start a working relationship with him, but he wasn't interested right now. Maybe you can put in a good word? Here, I'll send you the details of the condo he's at - you might find him over there still as it's still a while until the show"

Moments later the lights on the station suddenly go out, leading to murmuring and a few mild screams from the fans. The lights come back on after a few seconds, and the crowd slowly regains its fervour, but you can audibly hear people mentioning this has happened a few times in the last hour and wondering if Songbird Station will have to cancel the concert if this keeps up.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunz smiles. "One good turn..."

She checks the location of the condo, turns to her colleagues and asks "I guess we should go now, before the concert. I wonder what is causing the power glitches?"

She quickly checks the local newsfeeds for an explanation.

computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Whilst there are no news articles on the subject yet, chat forums indicate that this has been happening for a few hours now and seems to be linked to the Engineering sector.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"If there are problems with the station, that would undoubtedly complicate our efforts to secure Lanzio. I suggest that we head to the Engineering sector to get to try and get to the route of the problem." Aegis-9 suggests.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

"Agreed, let's head to engineering first..."

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Engineering will still be there later, but Lanzio might not.." mentions Gunnz.

"And the disruption caused by power may help our...apprehension. Then again we do want to make sure the concert is not disrupted. "

She pauses for a moment, concern on her face. "I hope it is not the bands holo-projectors. Have they performed here before?"


The band has not performed at Songbird before.

Two for engineering, anyone else?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

NG Male Half-Orc Solarian Tempered Pilgrim 4|SP:32/32 HP:23/34 RP:3/4|EAC 16 KAC 18 CMD 26| Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +4 |Perc +0|init +0|Speed 35ft|
skills:
acrobatics+3, athletics+7, bluff+10, diplomacy+9, disguise+3, intimidate+3, mysticism+7, stealth-2

Chuck finally finds his mates in the crowd of people as Gunnz is repairing the vid bot. "I gotta go with Gunnz on this one guys, Our mission is Lanzio, not the concert." he offers.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"It seems that we are not all in agreement. Yet, given the size of this crowd, I do not suggest that we split up." Aegis-9 notes.

Pausing for a moment, he then accedes, "Very well. Let us focus our energies on finding Lanzio for the time being. However, should these disruptions in power appear to put anyone in imminent danger, I will not hesitate to abandon the mission and see to the well-being of those in harms way."

Breaking the tie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You leave Diwata and head onward through the press of the crowd towards the accommodation sector,

A particularly catchy song (you recognise it as a 19 minute extended megamix)has turned this large swath of the crowd into an impromptu dance mob and it is a significant struggle to push or snake your way through the dance mob.

Acrobatics or Strength check

1 to 50 of 214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / Shifty] #1-14 Star Sugar Heart Love All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.